PDA

View Full Version : Domesticity

Little_Miss_1565
10-08-2008, 07:32 PM
My stove was making me freak out at how disgusting it was becoming, but I didn't want to scrub it down with Comet. Just for giggles, I tried using a sponge, a little water, and baking soda as an abrasive. Shit looks brand fucking new right now. Anyone else have any handy home hints, preferably non-toxic ones like this? I'm getting a kitty this weekend and I don't want to make him sick.

I've also sealed up as many cracks and crevices I could find since it's now cold and rodents will be trying to wriggle indoors where it's warm. Tomorrow I'm also going to lay down some boric acid and diatomacetious earth for the last few remaining roaches from this summer's problem.

I am a domestic goddess, and I demand blood sacrifices.

RickyCrack
10-08-2008, 07:44 PM
let's get married and I'll change my name to fatty arbuckle

Little_Miss_1565
10-08-2008, 08:17 PM
LOL bring on the old Hollywood-style orgies of drink.

Sunny
10-09-2008, 03:22 AM
all the surfaces in my kitchen are high-gloss *shakes fist at whoever designed this fuckery* so i go through tons of spray cleaners just to keep the place looking decent. all you will ever really need for cleaning, in my experience, is some vinegar or lemon juice, baking soda and possibly essential oils, like rosemary or lavender or lemon, which cuts grease really well.

you can also add a few drops of castile soap. dr bronner is my boyfriend. <33

also yay for new kitty. PICS OR IT NEVER HAPPENED.

Drafan
10-09-2008, 09:15 AM
I use grease to cover water stains on the wooden surfaces.

T-6005
10-09-2008, 09:26 AM
I am as inept in the cleaning department as in other areas of my life. I perpetually forget that I put things down or where I put them down, whether they were clean. I say that I'll do the dishes, but go about my merry way until ten minutes before whoever asked me to do them gets home, then when they walk in the door I'm hurriedly tossing a glass onto the just-finished pile.

I knock stuff over and spill, if not too often, then at least often enough that it's noticeable. That's because I forget where I put my glass on the table.

Absent-mindedness is a pretty big part of my life. I choose to think that it's because I'm preoccupied with questions of incalculable magnitude.

But what they are I can't say.

The Search Button
10-10-2008, 04:35 AM
Someone just got scratched from mine "to-marry" list.

In addiction, if you can't also set up the proper sports channel on television I'll pass out your castaway name to my bachelor buddies.

Be advised, woman.

Vera
10-10-2008, 06:26 AM
all the surfaces in my kitchen are high-gloss *shakes fist at whoever designed this fuckery* so i go through tons of spray cleaners just to keep the place looking decent. all you will ever really need for cleaning, in my experience, is some vinegar or lemon juice, baking soda and possibly essential oils, like rosemary or lavender or lemon, which cuts grease really well.

you can also add a few drops of castile soap. dr bronner is my boyfriend. <33

also yay for new kitty. PICS OR IT NEVER HAPPENED.
Wait, what do you use for washing dishes then?

Sunny
10-10-2008, 06:30 AM
dishwasher tablets. ;D

calichix
10-10-2008, 10:54 AM
water and peppermint oil or dr bronner's peppermint works for fabsolutely everything. and put a carton of baking soda in your fridge. and clean the coils with water and you'll save kojillions of dollars. and brush your teeth with breaking soda and they'll be pearly white. omg baking soda makes me so wtttttttt.

sKratch
10-10-2008, 11:05 AM
Dr. Boner would be better :[