PDA

View Full Version : Time for A B-sides Album???

medi01
10-09-2008, 10:09 AM
not yet. but soon?

they were in the studio so long for RAFRAG that surely they got quite a few songs on the sidelines which didn't make it on the final cut. I'd also quite like to hear the final version of pass me (b-side from splinter) and all their other b-sides, i'm sure the band must have enough to make a full album with. if they do then it'll give us fans something to tie us over untill the next studio album (the b-sides album could be released in 2009-10 and then the next studio album in like 2010-11).

thats what i think'd be cool and is kinda realistic seeing that they wouldn't have to write much new music for the b sides album:D - but then thats just me....do you agree?

Rutegard
10-09-2008, 10:30 AM
i agree :D :D

Grimesy da Offspringfan
10-09-2008, 10:32 AM
Great idea :D and if they're ever going to make a B-sides album, i want to see Pass Me By on it :D

chriiis
10-09-2008, 10:48 AM
Yes, i think that it's time of this one.

and... maybe also it's time for a Live album!

opinions?

Cock Joke
10-09-2008, 10:57 AM
I'm guessing that when they're all through with the RAFRAG tour, they'll put out a B-Side album and/or a concert CD/DVD. (Preferably a DVD for the concert stuff, IMO.) They must have about 20 B-Sides already & the technology to put them all in good quality. And the concert stuff, I'm hoping they have a good amount of high quality videos from probably the Smash tour through some of the RAFRAG shows. So yea, that would be great.

Ninty Man
10-09-2008, 11:21 AM
Yes... the could include:

Mission from God
DUI- with a video XD

ad8
10-09-2008, 11:32 AM
Yes, a B-sides album would fucking rock!

IamSam
10-09-2008, 11:51 AM
I don't think they should use the songs from the RAFRAG recording sessions as B-sides, but rather revamp them/cannibalize them and make them better, releasing them as an actual album.

Jojan
10-09-2008, 12:26 PM
Not soon. When they die.

Rutegard
10-09-2008, 12:48 PM
I don't think they should use the songs from the RAFRAG recording sessions as B-sides, but rather revamp them/cannibalize them and make them better, releasing them as an actual album.

cannibalize them....i loved it :D

Not soon. When they die.

wut?!?

AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAH

AHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHA

u r SSOOOO funny :D i like u :D

randman21
10-09-2008, 02:17 PM
What he said. I always assumed that this is what they're gonna do. I event went so far as to suggest that they held off some of their better songs for release on the next studio album. As for the B-sides album, it would be nice to have it all in one convenient place, but I won't be too sad if it doesn't happen. You can't market that like you could a studio album, so it probably wouldn't be overly successful---->worth Columbia's time. However, I'd fully support this if I knew "Pass Me By" would be on it.:D

Budzy
10-09-2008, 10:37 PM

Thats what I was gonna say but your way of saying it sounds tens times better. :D

but an extra bit of the offspring i can get my hands on will suffice.

jacknife737
10-10-2008, 01:07 AM
I'd like to see a b-sides album at some point, but, after the RAFRAG touring period ends, i'd rather see them get to work on their next studio effort. If the band is going to take a longish break between albums again, they should definitely put it out.

Also, this.

Mushroom
10-10-2008, 09:28 AM
As long as Bob Rock doesn't get to touch it

randman21
10-10-2008, 10:18 AM
But...Bob Rock doesn't write the Offspring's songs.

Rutegard
10-10-2008, 10:20 AM
But...Bob Rock doesn't write the Offspring's songs.

but dex said he kinda helped him out with the lyrics...im just not sure if it's a good or bad thing LOL

medi01
10-10-2008, 11:32 AM
but dex said he kinda helped him out with the lyrics...im just not sure if it's a good or bad thing LOL

well RAFRAG was kick ass..so i'd say it was a good thing:D

Alex101
10-10-2008, 02:44 PM
i agree :D :D

Me too!

Not soon. When they die.

When they die? Yeah right!

Jojan
10-10-2008, 06:12 PM
When they die? Yeah right!

They as the band, not as the persons. When the band is done they can go ahead and give out a collection with all their B-side tracks.

Budzy
10-10-2008, 07:28 PM
They as the band, not as the persons. When the band is done they can go ahead and give out a collection with all their B-side tracks.

Phew...was gonna say...They're immortal Gods, they don't die.

Ninty Man
10-10-2008, 08:02 PM
Phew...was gonna say...They're immortal Gods, they don't die.

That explains that Greg and Noodles don't get old within the years

Alex101
10-11-2008, 02:54 PM

You mean, after whenever they break up, they will make an album of their B-side tracks?

KrispyNotKrunchy
10-11-2008, 06:39 PM
I totally agree. In fact, didn't Dexter and Noodles talk about this possibilty in an interview right before RAFRAG was released? I don't have a link, but I know it happened. I think if they did make a B-sides album, its intention wouldn't be to make money (not primarily anyways), but just to be a gift/token to all us loyal fans who think The Offspring are the shiz.

In the meantime, seeing how most people in this thread (as well as many others) are all rallying to hear Pass Me By, I think the Offspring should include it on the You're Gonna Go Far Kid - Single. That would rock!

offsrx
10-12-2008, 04:59 PM
not yet. but soon?

they were in the studio so long for RAFRAG that surely they got quite a few songs on the sidelines which didn't make it on the final cut. I'd also quite like to hear the final version of pass me (b-side from splinter) and all their other b-sides, i'm sure the band must have enough to make a full album with. if they do then it'll give us fans something to tie us over untill the next studio album (the b-sides album could be released in 2009-10 and then the next studio album in like 2010-11).

thats what i think'd be cool and is kinda realistic seeing that they wouldn't have to write much new music for the b sides album:D - but then thats just me....do you agree?

dude u are not gonna belive me but that wuz also my idea:D
But i dont think that they will do that...
But they have realy a lot of b-sides of songs and I would really like 2 hear PASS ME BY:D

offsrx
10-12-2008, 05:01 PM
I totally agree. In fact, didn't Dexter and Noodles talk about this possibilty in an interview right before RAFRAG was released? I don't have a link, but I know it happened. I think if they did make a B-sides album, its intention wouldn't be to make money (not primarily anyways), but just to be a gift/token to all us loyal fans who think The Offspring are the shiz.

In the meantime, seeing how most people in this thread (as well as many others) are all rallying to hear Pass Me By, I think the Offspring should include it on the You're Gonna Go Far Kid - Single. That would rock!

yeah, that would be REALLY COOL, but the band is not reading this forum so ..fuck it...

KrispyNotKrunchy
10-12-2008, 08:04 PM
I don't want to sound ridiculous or naive, but hey, you never know...

Personally, if I was in a band as successful as the Offspring, I'd want to read every forum and every review I could, that way I'd have a better idea of what my fans were looking for. (maybe its just me)

randman21
10-12-2008, 08:06 PM
Well, they do read the forums, if that's what you mean. It's been proven and actually stated by the band on more than one occasion.

KrispyNotKrunchy
10-12-2008, 08:09 PM
Yeah, now that you mention it. Isn't that why they chose Bob Rock?

randman21
10-13-2008, 01:11 AM
Hehe, I don't think so (that would have been cool, though). I think what happened was that everybody here was talking about the Bob Rock rumor, and Dexter did a journal to confirm it because of that.

RageAndLov
10-13-2008, 01:41 AM
I've been waiting for a B-Side album since GH came around!

KrispyNotKrunchy
10-13-2008, 04:17 PM
Maybe if we all shout B-SIDES! at the same time out our windows, the Rock Gods will answer our prayer...

Jojan
10-14-2008, 04:33 AM
Maybe if we all shout B-SIDES! at the same time out our windows, the Rock Gods will answer our prayer...

lol. Kids and their stupid creativity. ^_^