PDA

View Full Version : Message From The Offspring

cool 2 hate 681
10-09-2008, 12:14 PM
got this from the bands mailing list just now

Hey Guys,
Thanks to all of you who checked out Rise And Fall, Rage And Grace and to those of you who came out to see us on tour so far this year. We are floored by how well you've
responded to the songs. We're now in the land of the rising sun to play for Offspring fans here, but we found time to drop this little survey on you (link below). I know it is
kind a formal but it really helps us know how to best serve you as fans. So if you could take a minute (well, prob just 12 minutes), we'd be stoked. If you needed any more
reward, you'll receive a free MP3 download of the live performance of "You're Gonna Go Far, Kid" from Yahoo! Music for completing the survey.

Survey Link:
https://www.questionpro.com/akira/TakeSurvey?id=1063641

See you on the road!

The Offspring

Rutegard
10-09-2008, 12:19 PM
eheheheheh yeah i got it too :D

lost_nvrfound
10-09-2008, 12:23 PM
they actually want us to choose favorites? :eek:

i didn't get it... i don't know why... I'm supposed to be on their mailing list....

F@ BANKZ
10-09-2008, 12:27 PM
I really really struggled to choose my favourites, but The Kids Aren't Alright is an instinctive reaction. I hope they take note when everybody requests for more communication from them.

Hope it's helpful.

brothadave79
10-09-2008, 12:29 PM
I downloaded the song, but it's not working. *annoyed* I earned it!

Jojan
10-09-2008, 12:29 PM
Kill the President is listed! Yahoo!

F@ BANKZ
10-09-2008, 12:30 PM

It doesn't work for me either. I'd say this is a fairly typical reward =P

lost_nvrfound
10-09-2008, 12:31 PM
how many hours should i say that i spend on here every week?

10 maybe?

Dragnet
10-09-2008, 12:33 PM
Whats the sense of this survey?

ustrYk
10-09-2008, 12:35 PM
can anyone upload this mp3? because i couldn't download proper mp3;/ just the empty file

hshduppsnt
10-09-2008, 12:37 PM
yeah got this too... interesting survey... clearly want to know how their music is being distributed ... meh... glad to help!

Stylie
10-09-2008, 12:37 PM
Answerin g it now, but please, what's explicit CD and clean CD?
I bought this - http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0018OAPAW/ref=ord_cart_shr?_encoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance - it says explicit lyrics, but'eh...

And I have those ones too, is those explicit or clean?
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00097A5IQ/ref=ord_cart_shr?_encoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0017V7H70/ref=ord_cart_shr?_encoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0017V7H6Q/ref=ord_cart_shr?_encoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance

Thanks if anyone's answering!

Dragnet
10-09-2008, 12:39 PM
The clean ones got edited content, no fucks and stuff, so this is how you can distinguish what version you got.

Rutegard
10-09-2008, 12:39 PM

yeah it does not work for me too :(

DAMN they give us a bone, but we can't bite it LOL

Tijs
10-09-2008, 12:40 PM
Explicit means the album's not cencored.
And the well earned mp3 doesn't work for me either. :(

Lots of questions related to mobile phones were asked.

Dragnet
10-09-2008, 12:41 PM
Thats what you get when you participate in this pathetic piece of marketing research!

Sofinch
10-09-2008, 12:42 PM
not working :(

Redjie
10-09-2008, 12:43 PM
Okay, it's done, whatever, I couldn't listen to that mp3 anyways.
I still don't get what's this for but that's okay.
I took it like it was one of those stupid bulletin myspace quizzes :D LMAO xD

Rutegard
10-09-2008, 12:44 PM
not working :(

yeah so now we want like...RARE VIDEOS LOLOL

to compensate :p

lost_nvrfound
10-09-2008, 12:49 PM
ARGGH! I wanted that mp3 too! Not fair!

lost_nvrfound
10-09-2008, 12:51 PM
Okay, it's done, whatever, I couldn't listen to that mp3 anyways.
I still don't get what's this for but that's okay.
I took it like it was one of those stupid bulletin myspace quizzes :D LMAO xD

i imagine it'll just give them an idea of how to reach more of their fans more of the time.

Like the "your favorite song" questions. That way they know what we want to hear.

btw, I said End of the line for my favorite and defy you for my favorite live.

EDIT: sorry. double post.

findout5
10-09-2008, 12:54 PM
The mp3 ain't working for me as well!! So unfair! They should post it here!!

Blitzkrieg Bop
10-09-2008, 12:58 PM

Quoted as the truth :(

Some how they are gonna have to make this up to us :)

Rutegard
10-09-2008, 12:59 PM
Quoted as the truth :(

Some how they are gonna have to make this up to us :)

that's what i say....

now we deserve to win an offspring scarf for this !!

:D

Blitzkrieg Bop
10-09-2008, 01:02 PM
that's what i say....

now we deserve to win an offspring scarf for this !!

:D

There you go ... great idea :D

Jesus
10-09-2008, 01:03 PM
If they ever read this topic,and if they want to know why someone wants to download the songs via p2p (or Usent, I love how they added usenet!) when they own all the albums. It's because we are too lazy to rip our own cd's, it's just much easier this way.

Rutegard
10-09-2008, 01:05 PM
There you go ... great idea :D

:D :D

but why did they do that?....i mean even without any song or video or whatever i would have answer it anyway!...i don't need some "biscuit" in the end...they just needed to ask ya know? :D

they lead
and
we follow

Redjie
10-09-2008, 01:08 PM
i imagine it'll just give them an idea of how to reach more of their fans more of the time.

Like the "your favorite song" questions. That way they know what we want to hear.

btw, I said End of the line for my favorite and defy you for my favorite live.

EDIT: sorry. double post.

Okay, I got that point and you're right.
But why the fuck do they want to know what shows we attended, what cd's & dvd's we bought and what shows do we like to watch?! Are they going to broadcast heroes or FurTV during their shows?! :D that would be awesome, btw xD

lost_nvrfound
10-09-2008, 01:10 PM
:D :D

but why did they do that?....i mean even without any song or video or whatever i would have answer it anyway!...i don't need some "biscuit" in the end...they just needed to ask ya know? :D

they lead
and
we follow

HAHAHA! <3s! I know right. I wouldn't have minded just doing it because they asked.

but its disappointing to be promised something and not have that promise fulfilled

Rutegard
10-09-2008, 01:10 PM
But why the fuck do they want to know what shows we attended, what cd's & dvd's we bought and what shows do we like to watch?! Are they going to broadcast heroes or FurTV during their shows?! :D that would be awesome, btw xD

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL maybe :D

like during intermission LOL

i want dr house :D

Dragnet
10-09-2008, 01:12 PM
Who is your cellular provider?

Come on dudes! WTF?

Redjie
10-09-2008, 01:13 PM
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL maybe :D

like during intermission LOL

i want dr house :D

ahah, for intermission, FurTV would work just fine! :D

Blitzkrieg Bop
10-09-2008, 01:14 PM
what shows do we like to watch?!

I didn't even answer that part :)

Rutegard
10-09-2008, 01:16 PM
I didn't even answer that part :)

i did i did

i said american dad, dr house and the dead zone :D

lost_nvrfound
10-09-2008, 01:17 PM

my dvds were pretty amazing: Without a paddle, Dickie Roberts Child Star, and footloose... bought 'em all at the same time. weird combo, no?

I had a hard time figuring out which cds i bought last. I don't buy many.

It'd be really weird for them to play Diagnosis Unknown in the background of their shows. :p

for those who don't know, its a discoveryhealth show where people have really weird random illnesses that took forever to figure out.

Maybe they want to see how broad a fan base they have. Like how many different groups they reach. and whether they can reach a broader audience.

Redjie
10-09-2008, 01:19 PM
i said american dad, dr house and the dead zone :D

heroes, lost & fur tv kick ass to each and every of those shows ahah :D
dead zone has a dexter wannabe as main character!
but anyway, whatever this is, I'm glad I helped, in anyway.

Superdope
10-09-2008, 01:21 PM
This is kinda cool. seems like the succes of yggfk took them by surprise.

Jesus
10-09-2008, 01:21 PM
cellphone thing is to offer some cellphone news updates I guess, but pretty stupid though because they seemed to be mostly US providers. So that question isn't that convenient for non US folk. Or listing foreign tv shows.

That question where they asked what should be added on offspring.com, I clicked all basically until i read you could only select 3 :(.

lost_nvrfound
10-09-2008, 01:24 PM
cellphone thing is to offer some cellphone news updates I guess, but pretty stupid though because they seemed to be mostly US providers. So that question isn't that convenient for non US folk. Or listing foreign tv shows.

That question where they asked what should be added on offspring.com, I clicked all basically until i read you could only select 3 :(.

well that explains that. They need to know the companies, so they know which to use to reach the biggest amount of people

Stylie
10-09-2008, 01:39 PM
The clean ones got edited content, no fucks and stuff, so this is how you can distinguish what version you got.

Explicit means the album's not cencored.
And the well earned mp3 doesn't work for me either. :(

Lots of questions related to mobile phones were asked.

Thanks! :)
And yeah, they fooled us! But, I'm just glad I could help.

Well, hard to choose favorite songs, but I choosed TKAA as overall and Americana as live. On RAFRAG - YGGF,K, Hammerhead, SIMU.

edit: it's just so amazing hearing Americana live - "WELL FUCK YOU! woooooaaaa woa oh! woooooaaaa woa oh! woooooaaaa woa oh! well my dream has come true!"

Tijs
10-09-2008, 02:02 PM
I love how they added usenet!Ah shit they did? I read over that and added it in the 'other' box. Stupid!

Free?
10-09-2008, 02:05 PM
Aaaaa Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! Fuuuuuuck!
They asking me to name their most favorite song. Putting it simply - they asking me for impossible. :mad: Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!

There should be option for more than just 1 favorite overall and 3 off RAFRAG.
Okay, 3 RAFRAG favorites I've chosen honestly (as honest as I could!), but for overall one it's Kill The President. Just because I want it back into business.

Honestly, I felt somewhat warm about that questionnaire thingy. Hail to The Offspring!

camilo andres
10-09-2008, 02:40 PM
I cant download the song, I mean I download it and it appear 0 bytes and my media player says the codec is I dont know what the fuck damage or somethinhg like that

Can someoen upload to rapidshare or megaupload?

Stylie
10-09-2008, 02:46 PM
I cant download the song, I mean I download it and it appear 0 bytes and my media player says the codec is I dont know what the fuck damage or somethinhg like that

Can someoen upload to rapidshare or megaupload?

No one got it. -_-

GunForHire
10-09-2008, 02:52 PM
Goddammit, I spend 10 minutes just trying to decide which of their tracks is my favourite, and the file doesn't even work! Hopefully my little jibe about why I haven't seen them more than once in so many years hits home (they haven't been back to Ireland since...)

administrator_old
10-09-2008, 03:28 PM
Strange that some people are having trouble downloading the file - no problems here on any machines and there's plenty of bandwidth available, not congested.

We'll look at a few more things - feel free to try the download again as well.

IamSam
10-09-2008, 03:30 PM
The download works, but the file is bad. It says '0 bytes' meaning it is a blank file?

randman21
10-09-2008, 03:36 PM
Favorite THREE TV shows
The Wonder Years

AND
Welcome Back, Kotter

AND
Monk

Last THREE DVD Purchases
Meet The Spartans

AND
Rush Hour 3

AND
Walk Hard

I win!

I had to leave the Last three CDs one blank because I realized that I've never bought a CD that wasn't Offspring. Anyway, I love surveys and this one was a good'un.

administrator_old
10-09-2008, 03:36 PM
The download works, but the file is bad. It says '0 bytes' meaning it is a blank file?

So it downloads the file (how long did it take) but it shows empty? The file is 4.1MB.

I just downloaded it again (for like the 5th time) - no problem. I tried it in Firefox and Safari on the Mac and IE7 on Windows.

It should *just work* - sorry that some folks are having trouble. We'd like to get this working for everyone that filled out the survey so any info that y'all can give about what you're seeing, since we can't reproduce it, would be awesome.

Orange County
10-09-2008, 03:38 PM
Doesnt work here, dead file

Downloaded in 1 second.

Do I not get a free download now? :(

administrator_old
10-09-2008, 03:40 PM
I'm going to try completing the survey and try to see what you guys are seeing. Very odd.

KHWHD
10-09-2008, 03:41 PM
I did the survery. And I too didn't receive any email about this for some reason.

I of course picked Kick Him as my all time favourite song and You're Gonna Go Far, Kid as my favourite on RAFRAG. :)

randman21
10-09-2008, 03:41 PM
For me (I'm using Firefox), it "downloads" instantly. It's just that the file appears to be blank.

Thomas
10-09-2008, 03:42 PM
For me (I'm using Firefox), it "downloads" instantly. It's just that the file appears to be blank.

Exactly the same here, but I'm using Google Chrome.

IamSam
10-09-2008, 03:43 PM
So it downloads the file (how long did it take) but it shows empty? The file is 4.1MB.

I just downloaded it again (for like the 5th time) - no problem. I tried it in Firefox and Safari on the Mac and IE7 on Windows.

It should *just work* - sorry that some folks are having trouble. We'd like to get this working for everyone that filled out the survey so any info that y'all can give about what you're seeing, since we can't reproduce it, would be awesome.

I'm using Firefox 3 and the file downloaded in one second. It says the file size is 0 bytes.

administrator_old
10-09-2008, 03:47 PM
Yeah, I see the problem now.

It's part of a system that we do not control so we're working on getting the right person to fix it.

administrator_old
10-09-2008, 03:48 PM
I did the survery. And I too didn't receive any email about this for some reason.

The emails are actually still going out. Sending all those emails takes a long time!

KHWHD
10-09-2008, 03:53 PM
The emails are actually still going out. Sending all those emails takes a long time!

Alright, thanks for the info.

offspring_freak_3
10-09-2008, 03:54 PM
isnt workin for me either

damn they tricked us

offspring_freak_3
10-09-2008, 03:58 PM
Yeah, I see the problem now.

It's part of a system that we do not control so we're working on getting the right person to fix it.

thanks for letting us know

administrator_old
10-09-2008, 03:59 PM
The download link should now be working.

Please feel free to download again and very sorry for the inconvenience.

offspring_freak_3
10-09-2008, 04:01 PM
thanks dude!
it's workin fine now.

Jojan
10-09-2008, 04:01 PM
Let's sue them!

brothadave79
10-09-2008, 04:18 PM
Hooray! It sounds great!

administrator_old
10-09-2008, 04:20 PM
If you filled out the survey, tried to download the file and could not, but no longer have the link, please send an email to:

survey@offspring.com

and they will do what they can to help you out. Thanks again.

Gustavo
10-09-2008, 04:31 PM
If you filled out the survey, tried to download the file and could not, but no longer have the link, please send an email to:

survey@offspring.com

Thank you!

I'm filling the survey now... It's really good to hear from the band!

come out swinging
10-09-2008, 04:37 PM
It works now!

Free?
10-09-2008, 04:41 PM

survey@offspring.com

Wouldn't it be a lot easier if someone who already downloaded the song could just upload it somewhere so everybody could get it faster? To me it looks better way than everybody spamming survey@offspring.com with mails.

EDIT: Or if it's possible, could anyone post link to the page where we could download the song from?

jacknife737
10-09-2008, 04:44 PM
The download isn't working for me either.

KHWHD
10-09-2008, 04:44 PM
Wouldn't it be a lot easier if someone who already downloaded the song could just upload it somewhere so everybody could get it faster? To me it looks better way than everybody spamming survey@offspring.com with mails.

EDIT: Or if it's possible, could anyone post link to the page where we could download the song from?

I think that was the point of the survey. People were to actually fill it out in order to get the free download.

Leandro
10-09-2008, 04:50 PM
http://rapidshare.com/files/152515566/You_re_Gonna_Go_Far__Kid__from_Nissan_Live_Sets_On _Yahoo__Music_.mp3.html

Let's answer the survey.

Free?
10-09-2008, 04:51 PM
I think that was the point of the survey. People were to actually fill it out in order to get the free download.

Yepp! But I don't think that it's a big deal, one song that have been heard before, and of course it'll be available for downloading in internet like tomorrow, I just wanted to skip all the mailing. I've filled that survey, honestly! Doesn't anybody here Trust In Me here? :p But I respect the rules, if no, then no. I'm sure that some kind person here will upload the song for me :rolleyes: Am I riiiight? ;)
EDIT: Hey, Leonardo, Thanks dude!

Budzy
10-09-2008, 10:59 PM
13 hours a week i selected.
i need a fucking life. hahaha

mp3 download worked fine.

randman21
10-09-2008, 11:25 PM
Haha, 20+ hours for me.

SK8rocka
10-09-2008, 11:59 PM
My Link worked fine.

mine= 11 hours lol

i chose ill be waiting as my favourtie song and Amazed as my favourite LIVE

holland25
10-10-2008, 12:01 AM
20+ hours (168 was not an option :D). And the download works perfectly.

darea
10-10-2008, 12:22 AM
I said 10 hours, but it depends on the days etc..

Jesus
10-10-2008, 12:29 AM
http://rapidshare.com/files/152515566/You_re_Gonna_Go_Far__Kid__from_Nissan_Live_Sets_On _Yahoo__Music_.mp3.html

Let's answer the survey.

Thanks buddy. It's even uncensored unlike the one at yahoo! Awesome.

-L-
10-10-2008, 02:02 AM
14 hours:D 2 hours a day is the minimum!

Rutegard
10-10-2008, 02:29 AM
14 hours:D 2 hours a day is the minimum!

yeah i said that too :D

Biggest offspring fan
10-10-2008, 05:35 AM
Great! Thanks for the mp3!

ad8
10-10-2008, 05:44 AM
Do you people think that the survey was initiated by the band? If yes, it would be awesome... then they'd finally see that there are people who like Out On Patrol and Burn It Up(Live):D

Jojan
10-10-2008, 07:55 AM
Just clear the cookie and you can redo the survey.

Free?
10-10-2008, 08:45 AM

Sounds like a plan to make Kill The President the most wanted Offspring song live.

lost_nvrfound
10-10-2008, 09:01 AM
Fantastic! This song is amazing live! It was one that made me forget about the crushing force of the thousands of people behind me when i saw them 3 weeks ago.

Would the emails still be going out? I haven't gotten it for either of my email addresses.

Rutegard
10-10-2008, 09:50 AM

humm interesting...are you doing that?

randman21
10-10-2008, 10:21 AM
Would the emails still be going out? I haven't gotten it for either of my email addresses.
Yet, I got two. I remember an Admin saying that it's impossible to be on the mailing list twice, but I always get two of every email.

lost_nvrfound
10-10-2008, 10:22 AM
Yet, I got two. I remember an Admin saying that it's impossible to be on the mailing list twice, but I always get two of every email.

urghh! I haven't been getting any of the emails. I know that both of my email addresses are on the list and i used to get the emails on the older address.

Rutegard
10-10-2008, 10:24 AM

i got 2 too

i registered myself twice...i didn't want to...my mistake :p now i just receive (always) 2 mails LOL

but SSSHHUUUUUUU don't tell anyone :p

lost_nvrfound
10-10-2008, 10:25 AM
i got 2 too

i registered myself twice...i didn't want to...my mistake :p now i just receive (always) 2 mails LOL

but SSSHHUUUUUUU don't tell anyone :p

i don't get any

Rutegard
10-10-2008, 10:30 AM
i don't get any

:(

i just guess that something must be wrong then

ThunderPX
10-15-2008, 09:54 AM
I decided to be a dick and pick Denial Revisited as my favourite live song. :P

Rutegard
10-15-2008, 10:40 AM
I decided to be a dick and pick Denial Revisited as my favourite live song. :P

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

awesome dude!!

really!!

RageAndLov
10-22-2008, 04:44 PM
i didn't get it... i don't know why... I'm supposed to be on their mailing list....

i have the same effing problem!