PDA

View Full Version : Pulp Fiction - One of the best movies ever?

Stylie
10-11-2008, 03:31 PM
Pulp Fiction is one of my favorite movies, and I must admit; this is one of the best movies ever.

The plot, the actors, the style, the music. Everything. It's all so excellent done! And the '60-'70 music in the movie is so damn cool - Misirlou, Surf Rider, Out of Limits and so on.

Quentin Tarantino is also one of my favorite movie directors/makers. His style and humor is so unique. I love the movies like Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, and his newer work like Death Proof.

What do you guys think?

Redjie
10-11-2008, 03:34 PM
"any of you fucking pricks move & I'll execute every motherfucking last one of you!" (something like that xD
haven't seen pulp fiction in years!)
It is indeed one of the best movies ever & Tarantino is an awesome director.

dr.vanessa
10-11-2008, 03:39 PM
i luv it...:D:DMisirlou(Μισιρλου)is a greek song so i luv it even more:D:D

Betty
10-11-2008, 03:40 PM
It is indeed, one of the best movies ever.

jacknife737
10-11-2008, 03:41 PM
I really like Pulp Fiction, it is one of the best movies that i've seen, although I still prefer Reservoir Dogs. That "Mexican stand-off" scene is one of my favorite moments ever in cinematic history.

If his upcoming war movie is anything like the intial reports suggest (a group of Jewish American soldiers going around scalping Nazi's), its going to be pretty good. I thought death proof was the best of the "grindhouse" features, but it still wasn't on par with his best work.

Rag Doll
10-11-2008, 03:44 PM
i love this movie. a lot.

its just long. and feels long. meh.

*edit*

oh, and bonus points for me for buying nieh the "bad mother fucker" wallet from the movie.

Stylie
10-11-2008, 03:46 PM
"any of you fucking pricks move & I'll execute every motherfucking last one of you!" (something like that xD
haven't seen pulp fiction in years!)
It is indeed one of the best movies ever & Tarantino is an awesome director.

I don't think it's "something like that", I think it's "exactly like that". ;)
It's so many good lines in that movie.

i luv it...:D:DMisirlou(Μισιρλου)is a greek song so i luv it even more:D

Really? Cool!
Yeah, it's a very cool song. Love those kinda songs, adn it fits perfectly into the movie.

Alex101
10-11-2008, 04:04 PM
Yeah, I actually like Pulp Fiction, it's on my top 5.

"Say "what" again, say "what" again! I dare ya, I double dare ya, motherfucker, say "what" one more goddamn time!" lol

Stylie
10-11-2008, 04:46 PM
I really like Pulp Fiction, it is one of the best movies that i've seen, although I still prefer Reservoir Dogs. That "Mexican stand-off" scene is one of my favorite moments ever in cinematic history.

If his upcoming war movie is anything like the intial reports suggest (a group of Jewish American soldiers going around scalping Nazi's), its going to be pretty good. I thought death proof was the best of the "grindhouse" features, but it still wasn't on par with his best work.

Reservoir Dogs is an excellent movie that too, but I think Pulp Fiction actually is a "better" movie. What do you think?

Upcoming war movie? Wow, haven't heard about that before. Tell me.

Yeah, it's pretty long. Lovely. So much is happening. ^^

Yeah, I actually like Pulp Fiction, it's on my top 5.

"Say "what" again, say "what" again! I dare ya, I double dare ya, motherfucker, say "what" one more goddamn time!" lol

Look on this one. ;D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syf8olcM0z4

dr.vanessa
10-11-2008, 05:07 PM
Really? Cool!
Yeah, it's a very cool song. Love those kinda songs, adn it fits perfectly into the movie.

yeah it's a traditional greek song...the movie's version is a remix ofcourse..:D

Andy
10-11-2008, 05:20 PM
I'm suprised there haven't been any movie purists coming out and announcing that they hate it because they're oh-so-cultured and all that shit.

I love Pulp Fiction. I'ts one of a select few films that I know inside and out. I can't watch it with anyone anymore, as I can't stop following the dialogue.

coke_a_holic
10-11-2008, 05:20 PM
Just because Andy asked:

I fucking hate Pulp Fiction.

Shit!

Endymion
10-11-2008, 05:45 PM
i like it, but in general tarantino is nothing special. a combo of lynch's focus on the minutiae and mundane with general pop culture.

jacknife737
10-11-2008, 05:59 PM
Reservoir Dogs is an excellent movie that too, but I think Pulp Fiction actually is a "better" movie. What do you think?

Upcoming war movie? Wow, haven't heard about that before. Tell me.

It's called Inglorious Bastards and it's going to be amazing,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inglorious_Bastards_(2009_film)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0361748/

As to your other question; as i said, i prefer Reservoir Dogs (although, i still find Pulp Fiction to be amazing), i just really dig the characters, the concept in general (ie, showing the "none-traditional" elements of a crime film, such as the coffee drinking scene), and i just love the memorable parts; ie the Mexican Standoff, Torture Scene, Madonna conversation, ect. I'm not sure if Reservoir Dogs can be considered the "better" of the two, but i do prefer it to Pulp Fiction.

Camilamazed
10-11-2008, 06:17 PM
Am I too stupid for saying that I didn't understand the movie???

=S

H1T_That
10-13-2008, 07:42 AM
I've never seen it all the way through...

wheelchairman
10-13-2008, 07:51 AM
It's a very good movie. One of Tarantino's best.

But best movie ever? Wouldn't go that far.

Maybe I just think it's overhyped, but I get sick of hearing about how great Tarantino films are or how amazing Pulp Fiction is.

nieh
10-13-2008, 07:54 AM

*edit*

oh, and bonus points for me for buying nieh the "bad mother fucker" wallet from the movie.

Bonus points for me for still using it.

I like it, but after having to show it to like 3 different people over the course of a month or two I really don't feel like I ever have to see it again. I agree that it's really long and some parts just DRAG but all in all it's still a good movie.

wheelchairman
10-13-2008, 08:05 AM
I've just noticed your avatar is only slightly changed, Nieh.

The movie is probably best the first time around when you have no idea at all what to expect. It's very different from most other movies.

Alex101
06-10-2009, 09:52 PM
For those who enjoy Pulp Fiction, I just created a social group, where we talk about the movie and stuff, click here (http://www.offspring.com/forums/group.php?groupid=163) if you want to join!

Outerspaceman21
06-11-2009, 03:19 AM
It's a very good movie. One of Tarantino's best.

But best movie ever? Wouldn't go that far.

Maybe I just think it's overhyped, but I get sick of hearing about how great Tarantino films are or how amazing Pulp Fiction is.

Really, it's just a matter of taste. Sometimes things are really good, but way overhyped for it's own good, which frustrates me.

Favorite Line, "Awe shit, I just shot Marvin in the face"

Offspring-Junkie
06-11-2009, 04:56 AM
I like Reservoir Dogs and Kill Bill 2 more. But it's a very good movie.

T-6005
06-11-2009, 08:21 AM
Tarantino is overrated as a filmmaker. That said, I like Pulp Fiction - but in nearly every Tarantino film, there's a scene in which he attempts to build tension by just... waiting. And it tends to be pretty boring for the most part.

Smash_Returns
06-11-2009, 12:23 PM
Pulp Fiction dominates. This is fact. I don't find Tarantino to ever be boring me by just making me wait.

mrconeman
06-11-2009, 01:22 PM
Isn't it just a general consensus that everyone can at least appreciate that movie, as a good movie?

jacknife737
06-11-2009, 03:42 PM
Isn't it just a general consensus that everyone can at least appreciate that movie, as a good movie?

One would hope so.