PDA

View Full Version : Not to argue a cliche...

sKratch
10-14-2008, 11:45 AM
But seriously, women seem to not get punished equally for sex offenses:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/3192883/Mother-was-seduced-by-14-year-old-boy-says-judge.html

nieh
10-14-2008, 11:56 AM
Wow. Even aside from the sex aspect of that, she offered him cocaine and didn't have to go to jail as a result. That's fucking bullshit.

sKratch
10-14-2008, 12:12 PM
Well it's ok, she was very sad.

Llamas
10-14-2008, 12:15 PM
Oh. "You're unhappy so this is okay." I doubt that most men that have sex with teenage girls are sunshine and happiness. I mean, it's a little bit different for a woman and a boy than a man and a girl, but not enough that she's just barely getting punished. Especially with the coccaine part... wtf?

nieh
10-14-2008, 12:20 PM
it's a little bit different for a woman and a boy than a man and a girl

Not legally, only socially.

Llamas
10-14-2008, 12:39 PM
Not legally, only socially.

Well yeah, I didn't mean to imply otherwise.

WebDudette
10-14-2008, 03:56 PM
Oh yeah, I'm sure that would go over well in the reverse.

'40 year old man, in the midst of mid-life crisis and bad marriage, is seduced by 16 year old girl.'

She had large breasts and was mature for her age.

Cock Joke
10-14-2008, 04:47 PM
discovered that her lover was a youngster who went to the same school as their two sons.

LMFAO! Best part.

Oromis
10-14-2008, 06:09 PM
that made me lol

Bipolar Bear
10-14-2008, 10:23 PM
Fight for the same rights as men, but never relinquish the advantages
you detain for being a woman. But seriously now, who is there to blame
except for that fucking dumbass judge? The problem with this system,
my poor friends, is that it's only as strong as the people enforcing it.

lost_nvrfound
10-14-2008, 10:41 PM
how the fuck is a 40 year old woman "seduced" by a 14 year old boy???

Most of them can't even seduce girls their own age!

Bipolar Bear
10-14-2008, 10:43 PM
how the fuck is a 40 year old woman "seduced" by a 14 year old boy???

Most of them can't even seduce girls their own age!

QFT

She's got issues.

H1T_That
10-15-2008, 06:51 AM
All happened 20 minutes away from my house!

Seriously though, the kid musta had some smooth lines to woo her..

lost_nvrfound
10-15-2008, 07:34 AM
All happened 20 minutes away from my house!

Seriously though, the kid musta had some smooth lines to woo her..

what, like, "Hey baby, fine wine goes great with veal."?

ad8
10-15-2008, 08:31 AM
That story is ridiculous. I wonder how the boy was able to even physically seduce her...

H1T_That
10-15-2008, 12:12 PM
what, like, "Hey baby, fine wine goes great with veal."?

I was thinking more along the lines of, "Hey, wanna come over to my house for a Pokemon tournament?"

Llamas
10-15-2008, 09:11 PM
It's honestly pretty insulting to women. As though a middle aged woman is helpless to resist the seduction of a teenage boy.

Bipolar Bear
10-16-2008, 12:18 AM
It's honestly pretty insulting to women. As though a middle aged woman is helpless to resist the seduction of a teenage boy.

I'm pretty amazed that even this verdict can be turned into an insult against women. Truly you women are always the victims right? Lmao

Llamas
10-16-2008, 12:29 PM
I'm pretty amazed that even this verdict can be turned into an insult against women. Truly you women are always the victims right? Lmao

Everything is wrong with what happened. That is only one small aspect of it. Women are obviously not the victims, because this woman should've been punished the same as a man should've been.

Bipolar Bear
10-16-2008, 12:32 PM
Everything is wrong with what happened. That is only one small aspect of it. Women are obviously not the victims, because this woman should've been punished the same as a man should've been.

Yay ok then haha

This picture is supposed to be about how it's unfair that men make most
of the money in the couple but I find it kind of funny haha look at the
dude's grin

http://fathersforlife.org/images/inequity.jpg

Llamas
10-16-2008, 12:51 PM
Yay ok then haha

This picture is supposed to be about how it's unfair that men make most
of the money in the couple but I find it kind of funny haha look at the
dude's grin

http://fathersforlife.org/images/inequity.jpg

haha.

But come on, you can't expect a woman to work full time AND have dinner cooked fresh as soon as you step in the door from work!!

What's sad is that I know women/have a few female friends who just want to be housewives, and their husbands want the same. Men usually earn most of the income because the women take care of the kids and make dinner and clean. I can't imagine ever having that kind of life. It would fucking suck. But I know a few married girls who are like "Yeah my hubby just wants me to stay home and make dinner, and then I'll pop out some bebbiez. It's the dream!" *sigh*

Tyler Durden
10-16-2008, 12:54 PM
That's why I'm not really sure if I want to get married...I wouldn't want my wife to be a housewife. It's hard work when the kids are young but what about when they turn into teenagers? You clean for an hour or so then you're done for the day. So I don't really want my wife to just sit around like that while I work. Or to avoid that I'm not even sure if I want kids.

Bipolar Bear
10-16-2008, 01:02 PM
Hey hey! Let's look at it from this perspective:

It's so discriminatory. I want to be a housewife but it's looked down upon
because I'm a guy.

:cool:

Little_Miss_1565
10-16-2008, 01:04 PM
It's so discriminatory. I want to be a housewife but it's looked down upon
because I'm a guy.

:cool:

I've had several boyfriends for whom I would have been the breadwinner and he would have been the stay at home dad had it worked out. Musicians.

JohnnyNemesis
10-16-2008, 04:08 PM
Yeah, this is despicable, but I think people should remember that men get away with this kind of shit more often than it seems.

wheelchairman
10-16-2008, 04:44 PM
I think the aspect here focuses more on demonization.

A man has sex with a 14 year old girl, doesn't matter who started it, his social stigma is he's a pedophile.

Apparently when women do it, it's just hilarious antics. (Not a fair comparison, but that point is still valid.)

Perhaps it has to do with the frequency of the crimes in question and the genders or whatever. But it's stupid and clearly a lot of social symbolism is placed on the shoulders of a 14 year old boy. (Even if he wanted to have sex with her, she should've kept her hands off him. Anyone with 2 brain cells can see that.)

Which makes me think, of course this happened in England!
(sorry Andy)

wheelchairman
10-16-2008, 04:46 PM
Speaking of unfair comparisons. Everything the world hates America for, is forgiven when it comes to Britain. They have all of America's worst sins. Obesity, imperialism, rampant ignorance whenever someone with a microphone approaches them, whatever. Let's turn the clock back to 1780 when everyone hated England.

Now I'm off to watch V for Vendetta.