PDA

View Full Version : Showering: Night or Morning?

bighead384
10-14-2008, 11:01 PM
I know of a few people who shower at night. I actually looked it up on the net, and to my surprise, a lot of people defend their decision to shower at night. What's your preference?

Edit: Oh yea. I meant "Morning". Always do that.

jacknife737
10-14-2008, 11:10 PM
Up until this year, i showered at night, this year i've switched to the morning. Both have their advantages, mainly if i do it at night, all i have to do is get dressed and leave to go to class, on the other hand, it does wake me up in the morning. Now it depends on my schedule, if i have a really early class i'll take a shower the night before, if not, i usually wait until the morning.

Ryder1234
10-14-2008, 11:24 PM
I shower at night, because in the morning my dad is using the shower before work. And I get up late.

It doesn't always work out though because sometimes my mom has to do laundry at night, and I have a tenancy to use all the hot water, so sometimes I have to go a day without showering.

Bipolar Bear
10-14-2008, 11:36 PM
I wait until mourning to shower. Last time was when my grandmother died, but
I'm really starting to stink so I'm looking forward to another death in the family.

WebDudette
10-14-2008, 11:45 PM
I wake up as late as possible and prefer to go to sleep clean.

If I had the time in the morning I would probably do both.

lost_nvrfound
10-14-2008, 11:47 PM
My roommate takes two showers every day. Three if she feels it necessary.

I figure its best not to complain. At least I got a roommate that showers. *shrug*

Jebus
10-14-2008, 11:59 PM
My curly frizzy hair is unmanageable other than right after a shower so I have do it in the morning unless I want to leave with pillow hair. Hot showers also feel nice in cold mornings and it helps me wake up. I like the idea of night showers though so I get more time for sleep. I should shave my head again.

Vera
10-15-2008, 01:39 AM
I do both. Like last weekend I took a shower when I came home 'round 11PM, usually I shower at evenings during 7-8PM, but today I'll shower before I eat lunch & before I have class, so around 1PM or so.

Usually nights because I love to sleep in late but occasionally mornings if I feel like it's a more convinient time.

KHWHD
10-15-2008, 02:19 AM
During the week (while working) I shower after work - so around suppertimeish. And on the weekends, I usually shower in the late morning.

A lot of it is a time thing. I'm up at 4:20am every morning (again, during the week) for work and we're out the door by 5:30am.

Nina
10-15-2008, 03:16 AM
I used to shower at night before going to bed, but for a year or two I switched to showering when my day starts. Sometimes I dont leave the house until 1 or 2pm, in that case I'll shower at 12.
However I always shower after I come home from work, which can be at any time of the day.

Rutegard
10-15-2008, 03:17 AM
once i took a shower in the morning and felt asleep in the bathroom

Little_Miss_1565
10-15-2008, 06:31 AM
I wake up as late as possible and prefer to go to sleep clean.

If I had the time in the morning I would probably do both.

Ditto. I can't stand getting in bed filthy. Though last night I was up too late doing homework and was too tired to shower -- but I had bathed the cat earlier so I got soaked. Besides, it's crisp and autumnal outside so it's not like I was sweaty or stinky. Showered this morning and it made me feel awake.

shanna_guarana
10-15-2008, 06:35 AM
i prefer night....
hate the touch of water when I'm sleepy and freezed in the morning...

Rutegard
10-15-2008, 06:48 AM
night ..............................

Andy
10-15-2008, 08:42 AM
Really? Really? Yeah it's all well and good not wanting to go to bed unclean, but to do that instead of having one in the morning? Nah. When you sleep, your skin releases all these oils and sweat and you're lying in this greasy soup for however many hours until you get up. To me, this is more disgusting than going to bed dirty in the first place.

Anyone here not brush their teeth in the mornings, because they do it before they go to bed?

Rutegard
10-15-2008, 08:56 AM
When you sleep, your skin releases all these oils and sweat and you're lying in this greasy soup for however many hours until you get up.....

ehhe....don't talk for me plz...

dr.vanessa
10-15-2008, 08:59 AM
I wait until mourning to shower. Last time was when my grandmother died, but
I'm really starting to stink so I'm looking forward to another death in the family.

LOL hahahaha you probably stink more than the dead relative........:D:D:p

i prefere the nightshowering cause after that i sleep so sweetly..:)

lost_nvrfound
10-15-2008, 09:02 AM
I used to always take a shower at night, because my sister and my mom would be taking up the bathroom all morning, but since i've been at school, I've started taking them in the morning. Well, actually I take them after my first class, because its phys ed and I don't want to smell and feel yucky all day. Plus, there is nothing like a hot shower after a good workout.

EDIT: Wow! Its pretty much dead even between the three!

ad8
10-15-2008, 09:11 AM
I usually shower at night, so I voted at night. But sometimes (e.g. during school vacation) I shower in the morning.

bighead384
10-15-2008, 01:16 PM
Anyone here not brush their teeth in the mornings, because they do it before they go to bed?
This made me LOL.

wheelchairman
10-15-2008, 02:07 PM
An important part of my morning is showering. Showering at night is simply unnecessary.

And I wait to brush my teeth until after breakfast. :p

nieh
10-15-2008, 02:12 PM
I can't function without taking a shower in the morning. Every so often I'll take one at night as well, but I'll still take another in the morning.

Sunny
10-15-2008, 02:19 PM
if i had unlimited time, i would shower twice a day - in the morning and right before bed. as it is, however, i just shower in the morning. it's nice going to bed clean and sparkly, but i hate waking up with bedhead and feeling gross... so i need a shower to perk me up.

Tyler Durden
10-15-2008, 02:19 PM
Like Andy said, not taking showers during the morning is disgusting. But I still hate doing it, because when you step out of the shower, a big burst of cold air flies over you and makes you feel like ice. Urgh.

the_real_potomek
10-15-2008, 02:21 PM
I take a shower usually twice a day. Only when I have nothing to do or I'm really in hurry, than I take a shower only in the evening. I hate going to bed with a feeling that I'm dirty.

Rutegard
10-15-2008, 02:26 PM
i hate waking up with bedhead and feeling gross... so i need a shower to perk me up.

interesting....i really don't wake up like that....

Vikica
10-15-2008, 02:37 PM
since I've got school one week in the morning and one week in the afternoon showering helps me to clear my mind. there's nothing like a quick warm shower in the early morning before rushing for the bus or before going to bed after a long day.
when I take a shower and spend some time taking care for my teeth, face and skin that's the time I have just for myself. when I get out of the bathroom, there's school to be attended, there are books to be read and, finally, there are teachers to be polite with. :rolleyes:
so I guess, that little time I steal every day in the morning and in the evening is just my way to wake up or to give my body a break. :)

WebDudette
10-15-2008, 04:01 PM
I generally brush my teeth before going to sleep and at the very least use mouth wash when I wake up.

jacknife737
10-15-2008, 04:03 PM
I generally brush my teeth before going to sleep and at the very least use mouth wash when I wake up.

That's what i do.

Sunny
10-15-2008, 04:18 PM
interesting....i really don't wake up like that....

...you don't wake up tired and with messy hair?

wow.

bighead384
10-15-2008, 04:37 PM
Like Andy said, not taking showers during the morning is disgusting. But I still hate doing it, because when you step out of the shower, a big burst of cold air flies over you and makes you feel like ice. Urgh.

I have a little system for this. If it's cold in my house, I don't turn on the fan when I'm showering so it's all warm and toasty in the bathroom.Then, I open the door just a crack so I start to get used to the air, and I finish up drying, brushing my teeth and whatever else. It eases me into the cool air.

Oromis
10-16-2008, 03:09 AM
Id rather shower in the morning, but I don't always have time for it. So I usually do just night. But mornings are better.

As long as I get one a day im happy

Llamas
10-16-2008, 01:32 PM
I shower at night for the following reasons:

-I hate waking up, and refuse to get up until I absolutely have to.

-I also hate to sleep dirty.

-I don't like to use a hairdryer on my hair, and prefer it to dry naturally. If I shower in the morning, I end up leaving the house with wet hair unless I shower like 2 hours before I leave. If I shower at night, I can sit around the house and let it dry.

dff_punk
10-16-2008, 01:34 PM
Where is the "mid-day" option?

Bipolar Bear
10-16-2008, 01:34 PM
I shower at night because I don't like to go to sleep dirty, and because
I'm fucking lazy in the morning and wake up like 15 minutes before I have
to go to college, often arriving there at the last minute

Rutegard
10-16-2008, 01:37 PM
I shower at night because I don't like to go to sleep dirty, and because
I'm fucking lazy in the morning and wake up like 15 minutes before I have
to go to college, often arriving there at the last minute

YES YEs

we are wining :D

i love u

Tyler Durden
10-16-2008, 01:40 PM
I actually think wet hair looks really good on women...

Llamas
10-16-2008, 01:53 PM

It's muy uncomfortable when you're trying to get things done or work, though. And I like to drive with the windows down, so if my hair is wet while doing that, by the time I get out of the car, my hair is a big windblown mess of bad curls.

Rutegard
10-16-2008, 02:09 PM

huuuuuuuuuum

they look really sexy on men too

Vikica
10-16-2008, 04:02 PM
wet hair is cool during the summer or when you're in a warm house/apartment but when you have headaches if you let it dry on the wind it ain't so cool, believe me. yep... I know, this may look like an old lady wrote it, but I'm gonna post it anyway.
the organization of the day may have the crucial meaning when you have to do something or go somewhere, no matter if it's work, school, college...

Budzy
10-17-2008, 04:14 AM
My curly frizzy hair is unmanageable other than right after a shower so I have do it in the morning unless I want to leave with pillow hair. Hot showers also feel nice in cold mornings and it helps me wake up. I like the idea of night showers though so I get more time for sleep. I should shave my head again.

My problem exactly. I wake up and my hair is like an enormous afro, i go into a shower and it compacts down like to a fraction of what it was. I practically sleep walk my way to the shower, but once im in the shower im awake for the rest of the day.
And I did shave my head :)

SK8rocka
10-17-2008, 07:01 AM
answer= mornin'

why= My hair is more lushious wehn i shower in the morning, dunno why

Smash punker
10-19-2008, 08:04 PM
Shower right after shift. Gotta get away from smell. :D

XYlophonetreeZ
10-19-2008, 11:57 PM
I feel like absolute shit all day unless I shower very first thing in the morning. I shower once a day unless I work out and sweat a lot, in which case I'll shower again immediately thereafter.

Tizzalicious
10-22-2008, 01:55 PM
In the morning, I feel gross all day when I don't.

I like going to bed clean too though, especially with wet hair...it makes me feel all cozy...probably because I used to take baths at night when I was a kid.

However, if I do that, my hair dries up with curls in the weirdest places, so then I have to wet & blowdry my hair again in the morning anyway.

Kennytar
10-22-2008, 02:29 PM
At night - don't have the time to do it in the morning.

I prefer sauna, to be honest :)

bighead384
10-22-2008, 02:36 PM
At night - don't have the time to do it in the morning.

I prefer sauna, to be honest :)

Man, I freaking love saunas. They're so fucking intense. And apparently it's good for you as well.

Rutegard
10-23-2008, 08:35 AM
Man, I freaking love saunas. They're so fucking intense. And apparently it's good for you as well.

apparently?!?

it's REALLY GOOD for your health, i recommend it a lot

i think we should start our very own offspring sauna these days...

Offspring-Junkie
10-23-2008, 11:19 AM
At night- because I have time for it.

Davo
10-23-2008, 11:55 AM
POLL: When do you shower?

Where is option "never"?

Marco
10-23-2008, 12:54 PM
night usually...