PDA

View Full Version : New sum 41 album 09

RODNEYMULLEN
10-15-2008, 09:07 PM
Sum 41 posted this on thier myspace blog.

"On October 20th the National Enquirer issued a gossip story surrounding Deryck Whibley of Sum 41 and his wife Avril Lavigne. For the record we strongly deny the inference of martial problems between Avril and Deryck. We also strongly deny the National Enquirer claims of any other liaisons. Deryck has in fact been travelling through Asia performing with Avril as evidenced by the numerous Youtube videos.

Says Deryck Whibley "I'm actually very surprised that so many media outlets picked this story up. Since when did the National Enquirer become a trust worthy news source?".

Sum 41's most recent release "Underclass Hero", which spawned the hit singles "With Me" , "Walking Disaster" and " Underclass Hero" , has now sold in excess of 1 million albums, 2 million digital tracks and 15 million streams world wide. The album peaked at #1 in Canada, Japan, and #7 on the US Billboard charts. Based on this success Universal Music picked up their option to have Sum 41 produce a new album in 2009, thus after completing a very successful 18 month world tour the band has started work on a new album.

I just really hope they got all the underclass hero type songs out of the way because it is my least favorite album, i even like half hour of power more than it. I like the does this look infected type songs, that is by far thier best album.

Bipolar Bear
10-16-2008, 12:28 AM
Their best albums were All Killer No Filler and Half Hour of Power.
Flawless.

Underclass Hero wasn't bad. It wasn't great. I don't know. Nobody knows
really. It's just one of those albums you can't evaluate.

BUT GIVE ME SOME CLASSIC SUM 41 BITCH

MasteR GunneR
10-16-2008, 12:47 AM
Their best albums were All Killer No Filler and Half Hour of Power.
Flawless.

Underclass Hero wasn't bad. It wasn't great. I don't know. Nobody knows
really. It's just one of those albums you can't evaluate.

BUT GIVE ME SOME CLASSIC SUM 41 BITCH
Amen.............

Static_Martyr
10-16-2008, 02:13 AM
Sweet, a new album already? It feels like the last one just came out....

H1T_That
10-16-2008, 04:47 AM
Hope it's more DTLI and Chuck than UH

dff_punk
10-16-2008, 05:16 AM
Does This Look Infected is the best album by them, imho, so if they will make an album like that, it would be awesome.. but I guess without Dave the metal/rock influence of theirs is lost somewhere...

anyways, if the tour still goes on, I hope they will appear in Europe somewhere near finally!

Cock Joke
10-16-2008, 11:03 AM
I'm looking forward to what they come out with next. I really like these guys and think they're awesome!

EMehl6
10-16-2008, 12:32 PM
I agree, DTLI was my favorite album by them, but I thought Underclass Hero was a good album, too. It was just very different. There where some real gems on the album. "With Me" is probably one of the best songs they've written. They used way too much piano and keyboards on the album though, and it really hurt some of the songs. It's ok to have some piano driven stuff, but as a pop-punk/rock band, they need to stick with the guitar-driven stuff, it's what they do best.

Static_Martyr
10-16-2008, 01:42 PM
I'm to the point where I don't even care what they do on the next album :) I like how each one's had a completely different feel so far:

HHOP -- Cartoon metal, lots of silliness and goofiness
AKNF -- Straight-up punk/pop
DTLI -- Darker punk/pop, starting to get into the metal edginess
Chuck -- Pure heavy metal
UH -- Mostly pop/rock

I really like how there are traces of the same style all throughout their discography, and yet each album has its own sort of identity.

Alex101
10-16-2008, 02:12 PM
If their next album's any good, I'll buy it.

dff_punk
10-16-2008, 03:12 PM
I'm to the point where I don't even care what they do on the next album :) I like how each one's had a completely different feel so far:

HHOP -- Cartoon metal, lots of silliness and goofiness
AKNF -- Straight-up punk/pop
DTLI -- Darker punk/pop, starting to get into the metal edginess
Chuck -- Pure heavy metal
UH -- Mostly pop/rock

I really like how there are traces of the same style all throughout their discography, and yet each album has its own sort of identity.

:D :D :D
Lololol! "cartoon metal" is the best genre I have ever seen!!

Anyways, I disagree that Chuck is pure heavy metal.. only "pure heavy metal" song on it is "The Bitter End" perhaps.. but then, on the other hand, I hate genre arguing, so whatever.

Static_Martyr
10-16-2008, 04:19 PM
Anyways, I disagree that Chuck is pure heavy metal.. only "pure heavy metal" song on it is "The Bitter End" perhaps.. but then, on the other hand, I hate genre arguing, so whatever.

Well, the point was that it was MUCH heavier than any of the other stuff. No Reason absolutely blew me away the first time I heard it; it just comes at you.....

dff_punk
10-16-2008, 04:31 PM
Yeah thats true. And I also agree that the intro to No Reason is pretty fucking powerful ;)

Conspiracyof1000
10-16-2008, 10:35 PM
I really want another Chuck, that has to be my favorite album by them.
But we all know that's probably not gonna happen, so it would be cool if they tried to incorporate...I dunno how to word this...the feeling? of their old songs into the new album. And not like Underclass Hero (the song). It was way too much like Fat Lip to me.

Bipolar Bear
10-17-2008, 12:34 AM
Did anyone else listen to the guitarist's new band?
He must really have gotten bored of their music to leave sum 41 and do a
ridiculous band like that one lmao

uh album rankings for me
1. all killer no filler
2. half hour of power
3. does this look infected?
4. underclass hero
5. chuck

RODNEYMULLEN
10-21-2008, 04:05 PM
For me it's

Chuck
Does This Look Infected?
Half Hour of Power
All Killer No Filler
Underclass Hero

One of my favorites is Go Chuck Yourself, but that doesn't count because it's a live album.

medi01
10-22-2008, 09:38 AM
I just really hope they got all the underclass hero type songs out of the way because it is my least favorite album, i even like half hour of power more than it. I like the does this look infected type songs, that is by far thier best album.

underclass hero was sum 41 at their best

RODNEYMULLEN
12-27-2008, 06:53 PM
Ok, so they plan to release a new EP early 2009. And this video was released.

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuEWaFeBMDY

~|Vredina|~
12-28-2008, 01:17 AM
Ok, so they plan to release a new EP early 2009. And this video was released.

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuEWaFeBMDY

that's awesome!

bouncingcoles
12-28-2008, 08:01 AM
underclass hero was pretty awful. chuck and does this look infected are my favorite

RODNEYMULLEN
12-28-2008, 01:53 PM
underclass hero was pretty awful. chuck and does this look infected are my favorite

Mine too, that period was sum 41 at thier best, then dave left.

zsk
12-28-2008, 02:34 PM
http://www.w3bdevil.com/forums/That-Is-Excellent-MrBurns.jpg

RODNEYMULLEN
01-01-2009, 08:16 PM
Stevo said on sum41.com that the music sounds like something in between does this look infect and chuck. So thats fucking awesome because that was sum 41 at there best.

adombomb222
01-05-2009, 12:20 PM
I head this morning on 93.3 that they were going to release an EP in the next few weeks. Does anyone know if this is ture?

IamSam
01-05-2009, 12:43 PM
Stevo said on sum41.com that the music sounds like something in between does this look infect and chuck. So thats fucking awesome because that was sum 41 at there best.

That better be true. Underclass Hero was horrid in my opinion.

0r4ng3
01-05-2009, 12:46 PM
I head this morning on 93.3 that they were going to release an EP in the next few weeks. Does anyone know if this is ture?
According to my reliable source (Wikipedia) that is indeed the case.

adombomb222
01-05-2009, 04:38 PM
So an EP for Underclass Hero or one to support the new album?

Quite frankly I believe they're rushing this album a little too much.

0r4ng3
01-05-2009, 04:40 PM
I don't think they're rushing. Does This Look Infected, what I personally think is their best, came out a year after All Killer No Filler.

adombomb222
01-05-2009, 04:49 PM
I know, it just seems like it wasn't that long ago Underclass Hero was released.

WerGee
01-07-2009, 08:05 AM
i look forward to seeing their new EP!!!....this year!!...:D

mrjoe815
01-07-2009, 12:11 PM
I got underclass hero. it was okay. it wasn't as good as their old stuff though. Gotta love Motivation! haha

Bipolar Bear
01-07-2009, 09:36 PM
I got underclass hero. it was okay. it wasn't as good as their old stuff though. Gotta love Motivation! haha

Yeah, I know. Their older stuff is pretty epic compared to their later work I find. Poppunk at it's best vs more mediocre but more serious music. They're great regardless but I feel like brownsound was pretty much the talent of the band/most talented member. It's too bad he left.

RODNEYMULLEN
02-09-2009, 05:15 PM
They annonced that they will be releasing a full length album (not an ep) this year. Also they will be releasing there greatest hits internationally, it will be called "All the good shit".

Cock Joke
02-09-2009, 06:16 PM
Sweet! I might buy the GH album off of itunes or something. I'll certainly check out the new thing as well.

Outerspaceman21
02-09-2009, 06:41 PM
I hope it's good. I hated Underclass Hero. I liked their first three albums (Chuck being my favorite) and I hope they don't try to be as generic as Underclass Hero was.

It wasn't bad, but it sounded like it was made a thousands times before.

Mrfreak
02-10-2009, 09:52 AM
I'm afraid that new album will be similar to Underclass Hero:( But I'm still waiting:D

0r4ng3
02-10-2009, 10:53 AM
I hope it's good. I hated Underclass Hero. I liked their first three albums (Chuck being my favorite) and I hope they don't try to be as generic as Underclass Hero was.

It wasn't bad, but it sounded like it was made a thousands times before.
I'll never understand how some people could like All Killer No Filler and hate Underclass Hero, since the latter is basically an all-around better version of the former.

IamSam
02-10-2009, 11:19 AM
I'll never understand how some people could like All Killer No Filler and hate Underclass Hero, since the latter is basically an all-around better version of the former.

Agreed. Just replace a couple guitar parts (like the guitar open of In Too Deep) and you get Underclass Hero.

Outerspaceman21
02-10-2009, 01:18 PM

Well, All Killers, No Fillers came first and they essentially did it again, which like writing the same album twice, which was a big complaint by a lot of critics (I read and write albums reveiws on my blog). I really don't like All Killers, No Fillers anyway. Does This Look Infected? and Chuck were their best albums namely because I liked the darker, heavier appeal.

I just kind of grew out of the bright pop punk sound.

Mrfreak
02-10-2009, 01:26 PM
Does This Look Infected? and Chuck were their best albums namely because I liked the darker, heavier appeal.

You got a right! "Does This Look Infected?" is their the best album.

RODNEYMULLEN
02-11-2009, 07:27 PM
I'm afraid that new album will be similar to Underclass Hero:( But I'm still waiting:D

One of them said that the new music deryck was writing was a mix between does this look infected and chuck. So i have high hopes for this album.

Rooster
02-12-2009, 03:32 AM
One of them said that the new music deryck was writing was a mix between does this look infected and chuck. So i have high hopes for this album.

God i hope this to be true. Please let it be true.

Bipolar Bear
02-12-2009, 10:07 AM
Well, All Killers, No Fillers came first and they essentially did it again, which like writing the same album twice, which was a big complaint by a lot of critics (I read and write albums reveiws on my blog). I really don't like All Killers, No Fillers anyway. Does This Look Infected? and Chuck were their best albums namely because I liked the darker, heavier appeal.

I just kind of grew out of the bright pop punk sound.

in all killer no filler at least one can find consistence
a third of "does this look infected" causes annoyance

RODNEYMULLEN
02-15-2009, 02:44 PM
WE'RE MAKING AN ALBUM.
there was talk about doing an ep and then that turned into other things. next thing you know we're sitting here with a whole bunch of songs that we really like. so instead of doing anything else we've just decided to go and make a full album. as to when it will come out, i don't know. i would say it's safe to say it will be out this year. unless for some reason we need to keep going and it pushes it back further. but right now everything is on track and feels good. things are going to start moving fast here so keep checking back for updates as much as possible.

see you all soon!

deryck
sum41

Bipolar Bear
02-15-2009, 08:16 PM
WE'RE MAKING AN ALBUM.
there was talk about doing an ep and then that turned into other things. next thing you know we're sitting here with a whole bunch of songs that we really like. so instead of doing anything else we've just decided to go and make a full album. as to when it will come out, i don't know. i would say it's safe to say it will be out this year. unless for some reason we need to keep going and it pushes it back further. but right now everything is on track and feels good. things are going to start moving fast here so keep checking back for updates as much as possible.

see you all soon!

deryck
sum41

Nice. A sum 41, blink and greenday album all in the same year. This is good.

0r4ng3
02-15-2009, 08:38 PM
If the Offspring were to release another album this year it'd be like a reunion of my four favorite bands when I was 14.

Outerspaceman21
02-16-2009, 12:34 AM
If it wasn't for Rancid, Social Distortion, and The Mighty Mighty Bosstones promising new albums this year, I would have to kill myself.

It's already bad enough I got to put up with Green Day, Blink-182 and Sum 41, but I also caught wind of a new New Found Glory album, A New Good Charlotte, and fucking MxPx...

I am looking forward to a new Propagandhi CD.

2008 ruled with The Offspring, Pennywise and Rise Against

2009 is gonna suck...

IamSam
02-16-2009, 06:59 AM
If it wasn't for Rancid, Social Distortion, and The Mighty Mighty Bosstones promising new albums this year, I would have to kill myself.

It's already bad enough I got to put up with Green Day, Blink-182 and Sum 41, but I also caught wind of a new New Found Glory album, A New Good Charlotte, and fucking MxPx...

2009 is gonna suck...

http://thewambulance.com/images/wambulance_logo.jpg

dff_punk
02-16-2009, 07:12 AM
Hey, I liked the latest MxPx album! :(

MasteR GunneR
02-16-2009, 08:06 AM
2008 ruled with The Offspring, Pennywise and Rise Against
2009 as above, it's gonna be a great year, too ...
fix'd
10 characters

Outerspaceman21
02-16-2009, 11:33 AM
fix'd
10 characters

Great for you guys, but I'm not really liking forward to the new Sum 41 album. If it's anything like the last, it will be disappointing. Same for Green Day. I never liked Blink-182 or MxPx, especially MxPx. Too generic and bright.

Like I said, 2009 wont be a very eventful year in music for me. I guess it's time to start my band and make my own music before I go crazy and shoot up a kindergarten class.

IamSam
02-16-2009, 12:09 PM
Like I said, 2009 wont be a very eventful year in music for me. I guess it's time to start my band and make my own music before I go crazy and shoot up a kindergarten class.

Probably a good idea. And probably not a good idea to rain on a bunch of others parade. Capiche?

Outerspaceman21
02-16-2009, 12:23 PM
Probably a good idea. And probably not a good idea to rain on a bunch of others parade. Capiche?

Yeah, sorry about that.

SUM 41 NEXT ALBUM WILL ROCK!!!!

How's that?

IamSam
02-16-2009, 12:27 PM
Yeah, sorry about that.

SUM 41 NEXT ALBUM WILL ROCK!!!!

How's that?

I'm not asking you to be fake. Just go by the rule of "if you don't have anything nice to say don't bother saying it." Let people enjoy their bands.

Outerspaceman21
02-16-2009, 12:50 PM
I'm not asking you to be fake. Just go by the rule of "if you don't have anything nice to say don't bother saying it." Let people enjoy their bands.

Alright, sorry for being a dick. Continue with your discussion.

Bipolar Bear
02-16-2009, 05:26 PM
Alright, sorry for being a dick. Continue with your discussion.

Okay.

-boobflash- HAVE ME BABIES MARK <3 8========D~~ <3

RODNEYMULLEN
02-28-2009, 09:46 AM
Check this out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Zg7Gx5rkw4