PDA

View Full Version : "You're Gonna Go Far, Kid" Video Premiere!

Pages : [1] 2

Stylie
10-16-2008, 11:17 AM
"You're Gonna Go Far, Kid" Video Premiere!
(10/16/08) The just completed video for “You‘re Gonna Go Far, Kid,” directed by Chris Hopewell, will debut Friday, October 17 at 3:00 PM Eastern/12 Noon Pacific on Myspace.com. Check back here at the premiere time for a link to the video.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees! :D

mrs_hollandova
10-16-2008, 11:19 AM
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees! :d

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :)

Rutegard
10-16-2008, 11:20 AM
nice nice nice

aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

EDIT: see?....i said it would come out tomorrow ahahah

Grimesy da Offspringfan
10-16-2008, 11:22 AM
Wheeeeeeiiieeeieieieie at last :D :D That blonde jerk is really happy right now :D

Jesus
10-16-2008, 11:24 AM
IamSam is gonna be pissed that no-one accepted his bet

RonWelty
10-16-2008, 11:26 AM

he would be rich right now.

Jesus
10-16-2008, 11:27 AM
That's 22.00 CET btw, for Europeans that can't be bothered to calculate the time difference.

RonWelty
10-16-2008, 11:30 AM
That's 22.00 CET btw, for Europeans that can't be bothered to calculate the time difference.

YES! I will @home by that time

dff_punk
10-16-2008, 11:33 AM
Awesome! :) I will not be here that time, but when I return on sunday, I expect there will be loads of new threads.

Orange County
10-16-2008, 11:45 AM
What time in UK?

Jesus
10-16-2008, 11:47 AM
Dude i just posted what time it is CET... not that difficult to calculate what time it'll be in the UK eh ;).

Orange County
10-16-2008, 11:52 AM
Sorry dude, must of blinked and missed your post! :p

Drafan
10-16-2008, 11:53 AM
Hmmm.. SLURP!!

Cock Joke
10-16-2008, 11:55 AM
This is really becoming an over-used catch phrase of mine, but I'll say it again anyway: THAT'S WHAT I'M FUCKIN' TALKIN' ABOUT!!!

holland25
10-16-2008, 11:59 AM
Dude i just posted what time it is CET... not that difficult to calculate what time it'll be in the UK eh ;).

I know that I'm retarded, but do we have the same time zone?

Wait, CET is Central European Time, right?

disclaimer_07
10-16-2008, 12:08 PM
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

Jesus
10-16-2008, 12:08 PM
Yeah that's just central european time. And yeah you guys are in there. It should be a bit past 8 in the evening where you live ;). UK is CET minus one hour.

Jesus
10-16-2008, 12:10 PM
And this is actually quite a relieve that the vid will premiere soon. Because I already have it, and was doubting about what I was gonna do. I won't upload it now I guess. But maybe I can spoil it a bit and post some pics?

Sofinch
10-16-2008, 12:14 PM
wooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! yeah !:D
wich song is next? :p

RonWelty
And this is actually quite a relieve that the vid will premiere soon. Because I already have it, and was doubting about what I was gonna do. I won't upload it now I guess. But maybe I can spoil it a bit and post some pics?

you like it?

Cock Joke

Please don't tell us anything. I think everyone wants to be surprised by it the first time they watch it.

But how'd you get a hold of it?

Jesus
10-16-2008, 12:17 PM
you like it?

I prefer Hammerhead... so I wouldn't get your hopes up that much about the video.

Jesus
10-16-2008, 12:18 PM
Please don't tell us anything. I think everyone wants to be surprised by it the first time they watch it.

But how'd you get a hold of it?

Okay fair enough. If I spoil anything of the content of the video.I'll put it in black between spoiler tags.

And for your question I'll say that tomorrow after the premiere ;).

RonWelty
10-16-2008, 12:20 PM
that's really a bonebreaker ! But HEY? it's the offspring we're talking about...the band that only have 4 or 5 good videos...

But if u think it's worse than HammerHead i have to say: You're not gonna go far that way, Dexty!

Superdope
10-16-2008, 12:22 PM
I prefer Hammerhead... so I wouldn't get your hopes up that much about the video.

you do realize what you just did, right?

*prepares for the shitstorm*

I'm going to need more ammunition and canned beans if I'm going to survive this

RonWelty
10-16-2008, 12:24 PM
Okay fair enough. If I spoil anything of the content of the video.I'll put it in black between spoiler tags.

And for your question I'll say that tomorrow after the premiere ;).

I think you really need to show us some pics because now we're so fired up!

Rutegard
10-16-2008, 12:25 PM
you do realize what you just did, right?

*prepares for the shitstorm*

I'm going to need more ammunition and canned beans if I'm going to survive this

i quote this

:( :( :( :(

MAN!!!

i really wanted it to be a great video!!

r they fucking kidding with us!?

bighead384
10-16-2008, 12:25 PM
Sweet, it's coming out TOMMOROW. I'm soooo glad the news update didn't say something like "the video is done, and it will be released shortly" and then it takes like a couple weeks to come out. That would have driven me nuts.

Rutegard
10-16-2008, 12:27 PM
I think you really need to show us some pics because now we're so fired up!

yes ......... plz

Cock Joke
10-16-2008, 12:28 PM
People! Don't get so disappointed & lose hope before the video is even up. We'll see it for ourselves, we may like it or we may not, and surely it ain't gonna be another cheap looking CGI mess like the Hammerhead one. I still have a feeling this one's gonna be great judging by Hopewell's past videos and the plot of this one.

Free?
10-16-2008, 12:28 PM
Probably spoiler, don't read!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jesus, I suspect that you just uhm..."prepare" us for the worst and you actually like the video more than HH one.
Am I right? :p

RonWelty
10-16-2008, 12:29 PM
People! Don't get so disappointed & lose hope before the video is even up. We'll see it for ourselves, we may like it or we may not, and surely it ain't gonna be another cheap looking CGI mess like the Hammerhead one. I still have a feeling this one's gonna be great judging by Hopewell's past videos and the plot of this one.

If Jesus, son of Mr.GOD, says it sucks, Who am i to doubt?

Sofinch
10-16-2008, 12:30 PM
I hope it's not going to be an animation video again
I want to see the guys!!

RonWelty
10-16-2008, 12:30 PM
I hope it's not going to be an animation video again
I want to see the guys!!

it'll have a gold guitar...it seems likely to be, at least, in some parts, a cgi video. Hoping I'm dead wrong :D

Rutegard
10-16-2008, 12:31 PM

jesus said he prefer hammerhead one....

what else can i say?!? :( :(

bighead384
10-16-2008, 12:32 PM

Wow. I'm not too excited anymore. If you watch the Hammerhead video with an "it is what it is" mentality, it's not a bad video, but I was hoping the YGGFK video would be not only better and more professional, but something that's more suitable for mainstream consumption.

Edit:OHHHH

one thing: The band IS in the video, right?!?

Blitzkrieg Bop
10-16-2008, 12:33 PM

I quote this :)

People! Don't get so disappointed & lose hope before the video is even up. We'll see it for ourselves, we may like it or we may not.

& I quote this :)

CJ ... I never thought that I would see the day that I would actually agree with you ... LOL :D

Jesus
10-16-2008, 12:35 PM
Probably spoiler, don't read!
Jesus, I suspect that you just uhm..."prepare" us for the worst and you actually like the video more than HH one.
Am I right? :p

Spoiler
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sadly no, the band isn't in the video. And the CGI is actually worse. It's a mix of real people and bad cgi
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zee
10-16-2008, 12:38 PM
Seriously, what the fuck? They have a semi-hit on their hands, and yet they make a video again without the band... it seems like they don't really want the album to success. Come on, Hit That, Hammerhead and now this.

RonWelty
10-16-2008, 12:38 PM
Spoiler
Sadly no, the band isn't in the video. And the CGI is actually worse. It's a mix of real people and bad cgi
i knew it...

As a Protest, i will cancel now, my intention of see them in Berlin. You want us on your side, you give us good things. A video like that no, thanks.

Rutegard
10-16-2008, 12:39 PM
seriously, what the fuck? They have a semi-hit on their hands, and yet they make a video again without the band... It seems like they don't really want the album to success. Come on, hit that, hammerhead and now this.

what?!?!?!

NOOOOOOOO

Sofinch
10-16-2008, 12:39 PM
Spoiler

uaaaah no band ! damn damn
I'm going to stick a picture of the band on my screen when I'm going to watch it :p

bighead384
10-16-2008, 12:40 PM
I seems like, in a way, they're not really back till we get a new video with the band plying. At least to me.

RonWelty
10-16-2008, 12:41 PM
NO band, but we will see a REAL FARMER : YUPI!

Dexter: Get laid!

Sofinch
10-16-2008, 12:43 PM

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET a farmer!! :D

Rutegard
10-16-2008, 12:43 PM

seriously...now i'm really pissed off!!

we, as fans, just asked for some band appearance and this is what we get? WTF!!?!?! are they kidding with us or what?!

IamSam
10-16-2008, 12:50 PM

HA! You can all bow to my amazing prowess and skills of deduction.

Except for you, Jesus.

"You're Gonna Go Far, Kid" Video Premiere!
(10/16/08) The just completed video for “You‘re Gonna Go Far, Kid,” directed by Chris Hopewell, will debut Friday, October 17 at 3:00 PM Eastern/12 Noon Pacific on Myspace.com. Check back here at the premiere time for a link to the video.

Grimesy da Offspringfan
10-16-2008, 12:50 PM
I'm pissed off....Jesus Christ, are you sure it was the official video?

Superdope
10-16-2008, 12:54 PM
told ya.

about the shitstorm thing...

I WANT SOME CREDIT TOO!!!11!!1

dff_punk
10-16-2008, 12:54 PM
Everybody.. calm down, wait, and see for yourselves. You have not seen it yet, who are you to judge?

Free?
10-16-2008, 12:55 PM
People, remember that the main thing that we were really worried about some time ago was the new album. It's great. It's sad that guys couldn't find any good directors, I just wonder, are The Offspring that shy with accepting crappy-quality animation of Hammerhead? Couldn't they just say that video has to be remade with better quality? Or they find it totally acceptable like nothing better could have been made?
Anyhow, I would ask everyone here. Prepare to see through crappy visuals and find what will video be about. Hammerhead wasn't that bad if you exclude poor animation.

I find that it's pretty lame to expect something ultra awesome and being ultra disappointed when your expectations failed.

But hey, we haven't seen it yet, right?

-L-
10-16-2008, 12:59 PM
I'm so angry and disappointing now, but I hope, it's just a big big joke, and tomorrow we will see an amazing new video with the band:(

mat.kc.
10-16-2008, 01:01 PM
Okay, seriously, 75% of you need to CHILL the fuck out. It's just a god damn music video. It doesn't change how awesome the band OR the song is.

Even if it is CGI, big deal.

jacknife737
10-16-2008, 01:06 PM
This is really cool, i'll have something to look forward to when i wake up. And guys, i'm just going to echo what others have said, wait to see it for yourselves, remember when a couple guys got a hold of RAFRAG and posted a couple "early reviews" half of GOD went batshit, just wait and form your own opinion.

Although i am perfectly content to wait until tomorrow, i do have one small question, Jesus is the video "serious" or "light-hearted"?

Zee
10-16-2008, 01:07 PM
In my opinion music videos NEEDS to have the performing artists in it, without a doubt. Even without seeing anything, if there's no band at all, no good. No good at all. It can ba half animated (Korn's Freak On A Leash), but the band MUST be in music videos. You don't have to agree though. (:

However, let's wait and see.

Rutegard
10-16-2008, 01:10 PM
In my opinion music videos NEEDS to have the performing artists in it, without a doubt. Even without seeing anything, if there's no band at all, no good. No good at all. It can ba half animated (Korn's Freak On A Leash), but the band MUST be in music videos. You don't have to agree though. (:

However, let's wait and see.

i agree with you..that's why i'm so worried about this....and sad...and mad...and dissapointed.....and frustated.....and and...

i'm gonna eat something :p

hshduppsnt
10-16-2008, 01:14 PM
Well... I'm gonna hold off until I see it to say anything but I was sorta hoping they'd be in this one...

regardless I'll be watching it at noon tomorrow...
and will promptly come on here to watch the utter bitch fest that will ensue :)

or maybe everyone will actually enjoy it?

I dunno, I still have mixed feelings about hammerhead but I did have fun coming on here and playing devils advocate to a lot of people hahaha

mat.kc.
10-16-2008, 01:18 PM
Guys, chances are they won't be in the video. Why? They're touring, duh. That takes alot out of any band. They're giving the fans the opportunity to see them live, and here some of you are at a forum, bitching that they're not doing a good enough job if they're not in the video. If shit hits the fan tomorrow because you don't see 'the band', I will be seriously offended as a fan. They're going out there, showcasing their talents to lucky fans. They're only human, if they don't have the time to star in the video then oh well. Atleast we got a god damn video while they're busy.

Thomas
10-16-2008, 01:20 PM
What the hell is wrong with you people? You are all pissed off about the video and you haven't even seen it yet? Goddamn. Offspring fans are some of the worst I've ever seen. You guys are making us look as bad as Tool fans.

Jesus
10-16-2008, 01:23 PM
Although i am perfectly content to wait until tomorrow, i do have one small question, Jesus is the video "serious" or "light-hearted"?

Tries to be serious, you know trying to be artsy fartsy.
Story is basically this:
spoiler
------------------------------------------------------------
Poor farmer gets golden guitar from a female "genie". He goes to the city. When he plays on the guitar people dance and give him money. He turns greedy wants more and more money from the people. Genie doesn't like that. He also wants to belong with the rich folks. When the farmer makes it to the rich folks, he wants to make them dance by playing his guitar. Genie takes revenge by taking the guitar back. And making the farmer dance until he disappears in the ground.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rutegard
10-16-2008, 01:28 PM
Story is basically this:
spoiler
Poor farmer gets golden guitar from a female "genie". He goes to the city. When he plays on the guitar people dance and give him money. He turns greedy wants more and more money from the people. Genie doesn't like that. He also wants to belong with the rich folks. When the farmer makes it to the rich folks, he wants to make them dance by playing his guitar. Genie takes revenge by taking the guitar back. And making the farmer dance until he disappears in the ground.

it suits the song....except the last part....but ....

Grimesy da Offspringfan
10-16-2008, 01:40 PM
Story is basically this:
spoiler

Dance fucker dance :D Sounds better than the Hammerhead video...Even after watching it about 20million times, i still can't figure out anything...

Jesus
10-16-2008, 01:46 PM
Some pics and that's the final spoiler.
----------------------------------------------
http://img296.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kid1ff8.jpg
http://img518.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kid2eu6.jpg
http://img93.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kid3uv9.jpg
http://img339.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kid4uj4.jpg
http://img263.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kid5ly6.jpg

Ow and I didn't really mind the hammerhead video that much when it came out, so maybe the people that really disliked that video will prefer the YGGFK video:).

Rutegard
10-16-2008, 01:47 PM
Some pics and that's the final spoiler.
http://img296.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kid1ff8.jpg
http://img518.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kid2eu6.jpg
http://img93.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kid3uv9.jpg
http://img339.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kid4uj4.jpg
http://img263.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kid5ly6.jpg

Ow and I didn't really mind the hammerhead video hat much when it came out, so maybe the people that really disliked that video will prefer the YGGFK video:).

sexy farmer :)

Jesus
10-16-2008, 01:50 PM
The genie is quite hot too! A bit green, but hot! Without a doubt, she resembles a certain female singer.

Rutegard
10-16-2008, 01:52 PM
The genie is quite hot too! A bit green, but hot! Without a doubt, she resembles a certain female singer.

yeah she is cute too :D

a female singer...who?

Jesus
10-16-2008, 01:54 PM
Gwen Stefani, I thought my without a doubt sort of gave it away ;).

Rutegard
10-16-2008, 01:55 PM
Gwen Stefani, I thought my without a doubt sort of gave it away ;).

oh yeah oh yeah

and she is cute :D

i couldn't see that right cause it's a small pic....but u nailed it :D

F@ BANKZ
10-16-2008, 01:56 PM
No, no. Please no, not another animation. NOOOO!! *rips face off*

RonWelty
10-16-2008, 01:59 PM
I love the offspring dearly, but this is a disgrace...

F@ BANKZ
10-16-2008, 02:02 PM
It isn't possible that Jesus just made these videos to annoy us all?
*Tries to put face back on*

RonWelty
10-16-2008, 02:04 PM

No. Sadly its true

Rutegard
10-16-2008, 02:06 PM

AHAHAHAHAH

nice try :p :p

Thomas
10-16-2008, 02:08 PM
I dunno, I think the animation looks pretty damn good in those pics.

And seriously. Save your whining until after the video comes out.

Basically, this:

What the hell is wrong with you people? You are all pissed off about the video and you haven't even seen it yet? Goddamn. Offspring fans are some of the worst I've ever seen. You guys are making us look as bad as Tool fans.

F@ BANKZ
10-16-2008, 02:15 PM
There's a very good reason why I'm whining now, to show that you can't have a good animation video, under any circumstances. If I wait then my message will be overcome by people with surprised rage. There is just no such thing as a good animation, ever.

I exaggerate, although I am a little bit disappointed that we won't have one new video with the band.

IamSam
10-16-2008, 02:15 PM
I'm actually quite suprised. It looks quite good, very dark. I like the plotline as well. I also agree with Thomas.

Grimesy da Offspringfan
10-16-2008, 02:18 PM
This sucks, a lot of f**king animation, but no band?! AGAIN?!?! I actually liked the Hit That vid, but we just had enough animated vids without the band. At least in my opinion...

Rutegard
10-16-2008, 02:20 PM
This sucks, a lot of f**king animation, but no band?! AGAIN?!?! I actually liked the Hit That vid, but we just had enough animated vids without the band. At least in my opinion...

well....sadly....i gotta agree with you...

F@ BANKZ
10-16-2008, 02:26 PM
http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35024

Jesus
10-16-2008, 02:27 PM
I'm actually quite suprised. It looks quite good, very dark. I like the plotline as well. I also agree with Thomas.

Yup , might be that people like it a lot (well 'a lot' prolly not, just like it) and prefer it over hammerhead. When I watched the hammerhead video I had read a couple pages first about people complaining, so my expectations weren't that high. So it was quite okay (although it's quite bad compared to basically every video they have done minus hit that). So maybe if you all have extremely low expectations and already know that the band won't be in it it will be okay. That's also part of why I didn't keep my mouth shut.

It's just that the song is doing so well and then you expect it to be an awesome video with the band. And the first thing you notice is the absence of the band. I also have some problems with the mixing of cgi/drawings and real people. It either works or fails. It works on some occasions in the video, but on others it looks so fake.

Thomas
10-16-2008, 02:29 PM
There's a very good reason why I'm whining now, to show that you can't have a good animation video, under any circumstances. If I wait then my message will be overcome by people with surprised rage. There is just no such thing as a good animation, ever.

I exaggerate, although I am a little bit disappointed that we won't have one new video with the band.

Bullshit. There have been plenty of good videos that used animation. She's Got Issues, anyone? Defy you had animation, too, and that worked beautifully. Some disagree, but I think Hit That is among their best videos. Fit with the song absolutely perfectly and the animation couldn't have looked better. I'm not even going to go into how many other bands have used animation to make brilliant videos.

You haven't even seen the goddamn video. I'm sure you can wait a DAY before you start bitching.

GAH!

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s114/raphaha/headdesk.gif

Rutegard
10-16-2008, 02:30 PM
And the first thing you notice is the absence of the band.

to me....that's the main problem....

too bad the band isn't there, really...

Jesus
10-16-2008, 02:33 PM
Bullshit. There have been plenty of good videos that used animation. She's Got Issues, anyone?
That video is awesome. One of my favorites. Dexter hates that video though, just like he hates hit that.

Superdope
10-16-2008, 02:34 PM
http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35024

You have got to be kidding me.

I was only half-serious about people getting upset about this because, well, I don't know.. we haven't seen the fucking thing yet?

Rutegard
10-16-2008, 02:35 PM
That video is awesome. One of my favorites. Dexter hates that video though, just like he hates hit that.

and probably he loves this one

eheheeheh

by the way,...SGIs is nice

Thomas
10-16-2008, 02:37 PM
to me....that's the main problem....

too bad the band isn't there, really...

In all honesty, that was one thing I actually didn't like about The Offspring's videos in general. I thought they actually showed the band too much. I much prefer it when bands make videos that represent the song, not the artist. I'm not saying that The Offspring make bad videos, I just thought that it severely limits the creative potential if you absolutely HAVE to have the band being shown in the video.

Tijs
10-16-2008, 02:39 PM
I'm not saying that The Offspring make bad videos, I just thought that it severely limits the creative potential if you absolutely HAVE to have the band being shown in the video.Forgive me if I understood that wrongly, but a HUGE part of being creative is to be able to still be creative with limitations. Everyone can be creative without limits.

Rutegard
10-16-2008, 02:40 PM
In all honesty, that was one thing I actually didn't like about The Offspring's videos in general. I thought they actually showed the band too much. I much prefer it when bands make videos that represent the song, not the artist. I'm not saying that The Offspring make bad videos, I just thought that it severely limits the creative potential if you absolutely HAVE to have the band being shown in the video.

yeah i get your point....

but i didn't want the band to appear during the whole video (or even the most part of it)....

but it would be great if they could, at least, be there ya know?...

.....just like...erm....pretty fly for example...

you still get the message AND get to see them play OK to no one that's true :p.... but still, they play :D

RonWelty
10-16-2008, 02:42 PM
Nicely said, Mr. Tijs

Thomas
10-16-2008, 02:42 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean, and i agree to a certain extent. I just thought that if you have an idea in your head that can be accomplished easily one way, then why include other stuff that could potentially become a roadblock to conveying your artistic message?

Then again, I've had idea for music videos in some of the bands I've been in where we (the band) are the main focus of the video, so it can go either way.

It's probably just a personal thing of mine, I guess.

Biggest offspring fan
10-16-2008, 02:45 PM
Well it's great news! To judge from the pics it looks like an good animation. But i would rather have the band in the vid.

Rutegard
10-16-2008, 02:46 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean, and i agree to a certain extent. I just thought that if you have an idea in your head that can be accomplished easily one way, then why include other stuff that could potentially become a roadblock to conveying your artistic message?

Then again, I've had idea for music videos in some of the bands I've been in where we (the band) are the main focus of the video, so it can go either way.

It's probably just a personal thing of mine, I guess.

probably...and don't get me wrong plz...

'cause there's nothing wrong about it!!

i just really like to see bands appearing on their own videos...just that... :p

Thomas
10-16-2008, 02:48 PM
I ain't got a problem with that at all. Just as I'm entitled to my opinion (which seems to be in the vast minority anyway), you are more than entitled to yours. I was just saying what I thought about the subject.

Tyler Durden
10-16-2008, 04:03 PM
I dislike music videos. They are so repetitive.

But anyway, in my eyes a music video shouldn't try to be spreading some kind of symbolic message, it should be cool and flashy and fun. Nobody is going to want to watch MTV and watch the HH video, that's for sure. They're also not really saying anything new with this symbolism so it's kind of pointless. Honestly it's kind of pretentious, filling videos with a message like the Hammerhead one...It's like favoring substance so much the style aspect is completely left in the dirt. Just make a cool fun video that fans will like and get new people interested in the band.

jacknife737
10-16-2008, 04:05 PM

Don't think i could have said it any better. I'm really excited to see the final product.

Cock Joke
10-16-2008, 04:08 PM
Yea...I'm not reading this thread anymore until after I've watched the video. I already know of one thing that was blurted out several times in here and it's disappointing as all hell. :(

EDIT: *SIIIIIGH* MAKE THAT TWO THINGS!!! :mad:

jacknife737
10-16-2008, 04:32 PM

I really liked the parts with Zooey and the animations, i just wish the parts with band didn't seem so "armature-hour".

cool 2 hate 681
10-16-2008, 04:36 PM

he also hates want you bad lol

RonWelty
10-16-2008, 04:39 PM

and i really believe that GREG loves the guy that put him on the ground :D

lost_nvrfound
10-16-2008, 05:02 PM
I didn't like the Hammerhead video, but the premise for this one and the stills have actually raised my hopes for this video. Now I am rather looking forward to it. I can't really see how they would include the offspring in this video. It doesn't really fit the song. It is a little disappointing that they won't be in it, but I look forward to it anyway.

For the most part, their older songs weren't so story oriented, so it was easier to add the band to the mix. This is especially true for songs involving love, girlfriends and humor. I couldn't come up with an idea for this video that would involve the band. Usually when I hear a song, I picture what I would make the video look like, but I couldn't come up with one for this song.

Now ALLM and Kristy? easey peasey to include them.

SpLinteR
10-16-2008, 05:21 PM
to be honest, I don't give a damn for video clips, I prefer live performances...
I want to see the band playing their music...

Dexter_italy
10-16-2008, 07:13 PM
i knew it...

As a Protest, i will cancel now, my intention of see them in Berlin. You want us on your side, you give us good things. A video like that no, thanks.

Ok this is the biggest bullshit I've ever read in my entire life....with all the respect dude...

IamSam
10-16-2008, 08:22 PM
Ok this is the biggest bullshit I've ever read in my entire life....with all the respect dude...

I'll finish your statement.

With all respect, go piss up a rope. Go to the concert for the music. Don't go because you got your panties in a wad because the music videos weren't to your liking.

SK8rocka
10-16-2008, 09:48 PM
im at school and THATS FUCKIN AWESOME

Conspiracyof1000
10-16-2008, 11:10 PM

A POSITIVE post in THIS thread?
Oh my god...
I'm excited too. I don't care what it's about, and even if it sucks, the song will still be amazing.:D

Ryder1234
10-16-2008, 11:14 PM

haha ur at school :D

Budzy
10-17-2008, 12:14 AM
If you read those 'Spoiler things'
AH FUCK! The band isn't in the video? man that sucks balls.

i knew it...

Uh, i really hope it turns out to be a great video, and i will be really disappointed it ifs turns out horrible, but i really think that that is one of the supidest things i've heard. If they ever swig by here I am ALWAYS going to that concert, no matter what.

RobinoZombie
10-17-2008, 12:40 AM
a actually liked the video, but then again i love monty python and love these dark videos.

Think of Otherside by RHCP, I predict a riot by kaiser's cheifs and many others.

The Search Button
10-17-2008, 02:14 AM
Uau! I thought this was gonna be a "live-neverending-cool-kind-of-thread" and instead we have one of those "offspring-fans-neverending-moaning- kind of thread".

Can someone explain me the need of having the band in the videos. Aren't we all here because of the music only? Do we need to see their ugly faces every fucking day? Don't we have tons of footage of the band already? Do we need some more?

Oh, the image era.....

Stylie
10-17-2008, 03:01 AM
My first thoughts about the band not beeing in the video was...uh, no!? But after thinking and reading a bit, I'm still very excited for the video. I understand why some of you are really disappointed, but some of you overreact a lot too.

How did you get the video Tijs? First I thought you were just making this up (but you actually have the video, but are saying bad things and then BANG - a really cool video with the band and stuff is realesed and everyones happy). And you still can mess around with this (heheh!), 'caus you're the only one who have the video (of us). So you did take som SS of the video, but the band can still be in it. You're lying! ...or maybe not, I'm not sure. :p

but i didn't want the band to appear during the whole video (or even the most part of it)....

but it would be great if they could, at least, be there ya know?...

.....just like...erm....pretty fly for example...

you still get the message AND get to see them play OK to no one that's true :p.... but still, they play :D

Yep, as said, I wanted the band to be in the video too. But as said, after reading and thinking a bit, I'm still excited! The pictures looks great.

And btw, I'm also at school now. CYA! :D

Stylie
10-17-2008, 03:03 AM

Dexter hates She Got Issues, Want You Bad and the Hit That musicvideo? Said in some interviews, or something?

mrs_hollandova
10-17-2008, 03:09 AM
Dexter hates She Got Issues, Want You Bad and the Hit That musicvideo? Said in some interviews, or something?

I dont know but I agree with him :)

Dexter_italy
10-17-2008, 03:10 AM
he said it in the video collection... he didn't said it about hit that, but they didn't even consider it during the audio comment

KHWHD
10-17-2008, 03:17 AM
Do we need to see their ugly faces every fucking day?

Ahh, yeah?! But seriously, like myself and others have said.... it's the song, not the fact that they aren't in the actual video. Disappointing yes, but furious and pissed off, no. C'est la vie.

Budzy
10-17-2008, 03:25 AM
Do we need to see their ugly faces every fucking day? Don't we have tons of footage of the band already? Do we need some more?

I cannot belive you just called them ugly. :D
Thats probably why they're not in the video, becayse of people like you saying that :P
And the more footage the better!

Ahh, yeah?! But seriously, like myself and others have said.... it's the song, not the fact that they aren't in the actual video. Disappointing yes, but furious and pissed off, no. C'est la vie.

I agree, If i'm understanding this correctly. Hammerhead didn't worry me too much, because even though it's a fucking amazing song, I don't think it was that comercial. YGGFK has a chance to really..far. Deserves a good video.
And yes, disappointed they're not in it, but it ain't the end of the world.

Im gonna go cry now. :cool:

Dexter_italy
10-17-2008, 03:26 AM
I dislike music videos. They are so repetitive.

But anyway, in my eyes a music video shouldn't try to be spreading some kind of symbolic message, it should be cool and flashy and fun. Nobody is going to want to watch MTV and watch the HH video, that's for sure. They're also not really saying anything new with this symbolism so it's kind of pointless. Honestly it's kind of pretentious, filling videos with a message like the Hammerhead one...It's like favoring substance so much the style aspect is completely left in the dirt. Just make a cool fun video that fans will like and get new people interested in the band.

That's called being sellouts.... and my fucking Offspring aren't sellouts!! :D

Mushroom
10-17-2008, 04:18 AM
Whoa, those pics look awesome. Am I the only one who loves how the video is looking so far?

Rutegard
10-17-2008, 04:28 AM
Whoa, those pics look awesome. Am I the only one who loves how the video is looking so far?

no!

And the more footage the better! yep yep...but dex is embarassed about his hair :p :p

YGGFK has a chance to go really..far. Deserves a good video.
And yes, disappointed they're not in it, but it ain't the end of the world.

Im gonna go cry now.

ehehe i totally agree

may i cry with you?

Stylie
10-17-2008, 05:06 AM

I like it, and have said it (last post page 11). BUT, it would be even better if the band was in the video, and they still can be, Jesus can be kidding, mouhah. ^^

But I think it looks nice from those few pics we've seen so far. :)

SK8rocka
10-17-2008, 06:32 AM
I like it, and have said it (last post page 11). BUT, it would be even better if the band was in the video, and they still can be, Jesus can be kidding, mouhah. ^^

But I think it looks nice from those few pics we've seen so far. :)

hey um its october 17 in australia and im been waiting all arvo? i thought it was 2day

SK8rocka
10-17-2008, 06:34 AM
haha ur at school :D

WHOPPHAH, SHUT UP

lol yeah school sucks balls

Tijs
10-17-2008, 07:08 AM
How did you get the video Tijs? First I thought you were just making this up (but you actually have the video, but are saying bad things and then BANG - a really cool video with the band and stuff is realesed and everyones happy). And you still can mess around with this (heheh!), 'caus you're the only one who have the video (of us). So you did take som SS of the video, but the band can still be in it. You're lying! ...or maybe not, I'm not sure. :pTijs? You're mean Jesus, right? I haven't said anything about the videom and he's the one who posted the spoilers.

Little_Miss_1565
10-17-2008, 07:16 AM
Serious question ... if the band keeps making videos that dont' have them in it and/or use animation, isn't it safe to assume that might mean they don't want to be in the video? The last one they were in was "Can't Get My Head Around You," right? I really didn't care for that one at all. Are you all honestly going to tell me that video was somehow better than "Hammerhead"? Dexter was orange, for chrissakes. If this is what the band wants to do, then let them.

Orange County
10-17-2008, 07:20 AM
Can't Repeat was their last video appearance.

MAXTER
10-17-2008, 07:25 AM
For YGGFK Video I'll Hope in Their Appereance....:rolleyes:

lost_nvrfound
10-17-2008, 07:30 AM
Serious question ... if the band keeps making videos that dont' have them in it and/or use animation, isn't it safe to assume that might mean they don't want to be in the video? The last one they were in was "Can't Get My Head Around You," right? I really didn't care for that one at all. Are you all honestly going to tell me that video was somehow better than "Hammerhead"? Dexter was orange, for chrissakes. If this is what the band wants to do, then let them.

Was he really orange in Can't Get My Head Around You? I know he was orange in Can't Repeat. I don't remember all that well about CGMHAY. hmm... I must go see.

EDIT: Conclusion: Dexter was not orange in CGMHAY. I think you may be thinking of Can't Repeat, in which he was indeed orange. The only thing I really loved about that video was Dexter's purple shirt. I want a shirt like that.

I really loved the CGMHAY video.

Free?
10-17-2008, 08:14 AM
Haha, the orange Dexter discussion is coooool. :)
I would just cut hands of those "professionals" who make cheapass animations for official videos. They really don't deserve any payment for their work. I don't have anything against animated videos (Hit That has cool animation), but I hate how fucking irresponsible were creators of HH vid, they made a satisfying work for early-middle 90's, not for 08. Animation can be cheesy in a good or in a bad way. I haven't seen the spoiler screenshots so I hope that YGGFK will have a good animation.

Rutegard
10-17-2008, 08:52 AM

yeah and they hated the recording stuff, they had to do it for hours!! they hate it

but who cares?...they need to satisfy us LOL

i respect it, if they do not want to appear in their videos anymore, but i don't think it's right....i may respectfully disagree right?

Stylie
10-17-2008, 09:04 AM
hey um its october 17 in australia and im been waiting all arvo? i thought it was 2day

Huh? Sorry, didn't understand you there. ôÔ

Tijs? You're mean Jesus, right? I haven't said anything about the videom and he's the one who posted the spoilers.

Uhm. SOrry, I ment Jesus.
It's just that I know you two are good friends, and was on the Paris show together. You guys are confusing me. :p

lost_nvrfound
10-17-2008, 10:22 AM
Haha, the orange Dexter discussion is coooool. :)

lol! I've been laughing at his orangeness in that video since they released it. I think I saw it on fuse first. My sister and I had a great discussion about it. :D

Little_Miss_1565
10-17-2008, 10:41 AM
EDIT: Conclusion: Dexter was not orange in CGMHAY. I think you may be thinking of Can't Repeat, in which he was indeed orange. The only thing I really loved about that video was Dexter's purple shirt. I want a shirt like that.

I really loved the CGMHAY video.

LOL, my bad.

I don't really care if the videos are not what I might have liked. One of my all-time favorites, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, are notorious throughout their decades long career of turning in the most horrendous music videos. They've gotten better at it in more recent times, but some of my favorite songs, like "The Ship Song" and "Jack the Ripper" have awful terrible videos. It doesn't affect a damn thing, y'all.

lost_nvrfound
10-17-2008, 11:04 AM
LOL, my bad.

I don't really care if the videos are not what I might have liked. One of my all-time favorites, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, are notorious throughout their decades long career of turning in the most horrendous music videos. They've gotten better at it in more recent times, but some of my favorite songs, like "The Ship Song" and "Jack the Ripper" have awful terrible videos. It doesn't affect a damn thing, y'all.

hahaha. yeah... most of my top songs in my library have terrible videos. The only time a video has really gotten to me was for she's got issues

i can't listen to that song anymore because it always make me think of that awful awful video

wrc307
10-17-2008, 11:18 AM
how many hours left right now?

Rutegard
10-17-2008, 11:19 AM
lol! I've been laughing at his orangeness in that video since they released it. I think I saw it on fuse first. My sister and I had a great discussion about it. :D

sunburn weird consequence LOL

Smash_Returns
10-17-2008, 12:07 PM
If I've converted to the right time zone (central) 50 more minutes!

Omni
10-17-2008, 12:14 PM
LOL, my bad.

My favorite Offspring video to this day is Come Out and Play, where they were given... how much was it? Like 5,000 dollars? It was just the band jamming in some room for the most part, with some kind of weird high contrast color effect. I think more music videos should be like that, really. No-nonsense.

Smash_Returns
10-17-2008, 12:16 PM
I also really liked the Americana era videos.

F***ing around in the suburbs.

Tonza
10-17-2008, 12:22 PM
So soon we´ll see if The Offspring is big enough to bring Myspace´s servers down :D

hshduppsnt
10-17-2008, 12:27 PM
^ Sadly I'd doubt it... it probably takes a lot to bring down MySpace...

we'll see though :D

Smash_Returns
10-17-2008, 12:29 PM
Well, I've already ninja'd onto the page, just gotta wait half an hour.

Marco
10-17-2008, 12:40 PM
Reaaally waiting for this one...

Greekoldfan
10-17-2008, 12:47 PM
10 more minutes...i cant wait...ok the band may not appear (because dex is a litle bit fat and not so sexy like in gone away) but that doesnt mean that it couldnt be a great video!

Beheaded
10-17-2008, 12:50 PM
8 minutes. Can't wait.

Sofinch
10-17-2008, 12:51 PM
I was thinking [yes I can think :D]... this would be really bad
probably everybody gots his eyes on their watch now
everyone is so excited
and at the moment that it's showtime everyone clicks at almost the same time on that link ...
and than there appears this on the window : Server too busy
I hope this is not going to happen!! :D

Rutegard
10-17-2008, 12:54 PM
I was thinking [yes I can think :D]... this would be really bad
probably everybody gots his eyes on their watch now
everyone is so excited
and at the moment that it's showtime everyone clicks at almost the same time on that link ...
and than there appears this on the window : Server too busy
I hope this is not going to happen!! :D

me too LOLOL

Sofinch
10-17-2008, 12:55 PM
5 minutes aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah I'm going to kill my keyboaaaard!! aaaaaaaaaah!!!

jacknife737
10-17-2008, 12:58 PM

Exactly, they didn't seem to have much "input" on the Splinter videos. I kind of liked the Can't Repeat one, but for the most part, they don't seem to be that interested in making videos, which is fine by me.

Sofinch
10-17-2008, 01:00 PM
It's the final countdown ...

F@ BANKZ
10-17-2008, 01:02 PM
It should have been out 2 minutes ago. This is Offspring-Time mind you.

Rutegard
10-17-2008, 01:02 PM
still nothing here...

Smash_Returns
10-17-2008, 01:03 PM
AHH! The anticipation!

Dexter_italy
10-17-2008, 01:03 PM
the myspace page guys!!

wrc307
10-17-2008, 01:04 PM
http://www.myspace.com/offspring
i saw it, the video isnt bad, but the final sucks!

F@ BANKZ
10-17-2008, 01:04 PM
It's only loading and I hate it.

Tonza
10-17-2008, 01:05 PM
wtf I only see the video "window" and hear the music but I see nothing :E
There is the link to the video but it says that it's private only.

offspringing
wtf that was so bad

hshduppsnt
well that was certainly... odd?

I kinda liked it! though it would've been nice had he actually been Playing the guitar...

F@ BANKZ
Yoursquore Gonna Go Far, Kid?!?

offspringing
10-17-2008, 01:06 PM
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=44746152

Jojan
10-17-2008, 01:07 PM
IT SUCKS!!! I promise.

hshduppsnt
10-17-2008, 01:07 PM
definitely more straight forward than Hammerhead... I will say that...

IamSam
10-17-2008, 01:08 PM
Holy shit. Not gonna lie I found it downright amazing.

bighead384
I like the animation and all the colors. The concept is pretty cool. But I think the video feels too "slow" compared to the song.

RonWelty
It's a shitty video, but it will have more MTV airplay than HH video...but a shitty one

hshduppsnt
10-17-2008, 01:09 PM

yeah I liked it too... only real flaw I found was the lack of guitar playing but... I mean, for everyone who complained Hammerhead was too confusing... this was about as straight forward as it gets :) (not that I was one of those people... just preemptively countering what some people are going to say)

offspringing
10-17-2008, 01:09 PM
It would have been better if the band was in it

Rutegard
10-17-2008, 01:10 PM
it isn't that bad, but the final kinda sucks....

but is WAY better than hammerhead :D

Blackball_
lol that video was some weird shit.

fair play !!

Smash_Returns
I actually kinda liked it. Definately was better than Hammerhead. Only downside was no Offspring appearance. Still was a good video.

Sofinch
is that a farmer??? He looks more like a bum

Rutegard
I like the animation and all the colors. The concept is pretty cool. But I think the video feels too "slow" compared to the song.

It would have been better if the band was in it

and i also quote all of this :D

Tonza
10-17-2008, 01:11 PM
I kind of missed the point of the video. What does the video have to do with the song?

bighead384
I can imagine that as an AFI video. For a slower AFI song. For some reason.

RonWelty
is that a farmer??? He looks more like a bum

he looks like the newest Grand Theft Auto guy LOL

Tyler Durden
The video itself is well made but it's really boring. It doesn't really match the music at all. The lyrics yes but not the music. It would have been better with a more colorful and fast-paced video IMO. I don't care if the band's in it, but honestly I just think a video with the band playing at a party or something would be way better.

Smash_Returns
10-17-2008, 01:12 PM
Only thing I wish was different was the ending, instead of him getting eaten by the ground, it cuts to the band playing. Then, It would have been perfect.

holland25
10-17-2008, 01:12 PM
It's really not that bad. I kinda like it. It still looks like a power metal video though...

Splinter[PI]
10-17-2008, 01:13 PM
It's better than hammerhead.

When I saw the guy at the beginning I thought it was Justin Timberlake^^

IamSam
10-17-2008, 01:13 PM
I kind of missed the point of the video. What does the video have to do with the song?

Someone who has a great gift misuses it for their own benefit and in the end it will bite them in the ass. Not that hard.

Many of you are goddamned full of yourselves/just plain stupid. Why does the band have to be in it? Good God.

bighead384
10-17-2008, 01:14 PM
I'd give it a 6.5 out of 10. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Smash_Returns
Someone who has a great gift misuses it for their own benefit and in the end it will bite them in the ass. Not that hard.

Many of you are goddamned full of yourselves/just plain stupid. Why does the band have to be in it? Good God.

I know, I really enjoyed it.

Greekoldfan
i really enjoy it!nice concept nice scenes!ok the band is missing from the video but i really like it.it is a quality in this work

bighead384
10-17-2008, 01:15 PM

IamSam, "I'd prefer if the band was in it" does not equal "The band is not in it so it sucks".

Stylie
10-17-2008, 01:15 PM
Wow, that was a little bit weird. Kinda cool. Ehm, must watch it again.

Free?
10-17-2008, 01:16 PM
After all that negative stuff that been said here earlier I watched the vid and it looks great! Seriously I was prepared for far worse, it's kinda Chris Hopewell's classic. I LIKE YGGFK video. period.
Oh, and animation was fucking cool this time.
Gonna watch it again...

hshduppsnt
well... looks like the board won't explode with stupidity this time... which is good for the mods but less good for entertainment value :)... back to work I guess...

Redjie
Ah, I kinda like it! Better than Hammerhead :p

randman21
I kinda liked it. The color on my monitor is messed up, so I couldn't fully see the colors and such, but it looks fine. I'm not one of those who thinks that they have to be in the video. There was a strange feeling I got from it, though, like the song was too short to get the whole story, but it did it relatively well.

Rutegard
10-17-2008, 01:18 PM
IamSam, "I'd prefer if the band was in it" does not equal "The band is not in it so it sucks".

exactly!!

i was expecting the worse so i had low expectations LOl i guess that's why i kinda like it....

but....

too slow, too dark and no band...the story is cool and the effects are also great

Grimesy da Offspringfan
10-17-2008, 01:18 PM
Not bad...Expected a lot better but...

randman21
10-17-2008, 01:19 PM
Wait...wasn't Gwen Stefani supposed to be in the video?

RonWelty
10-17-2008, 01:20 PM

It seems like her

Rutegard
10-17-2008, 01:21 PM
It seems like her

yes

even Jesus has said that

Marco
10-17-2008, 01:21 PM
aaaaaaaaaweeeeeesooooooooomeeeeeeee
the fairy's a bitch :D

IamSam
10-17-2008, 01:22 PM

No shit Sherlock. I meant that for the people who will say "OMG it sux cause NO DEX! OMG my life sux now!"

Sofinch
10-17-2008, 01:23 PM

yeah she looks like her éh :D
reminds me a lot of the Don't Speak clip dunno why :p

bighead384
10-17-2008, 01:25 PM
No shit Sherlock. I meant that for the people who will say "OMG it sux cause NO DEX! OMG my life sux now!"

Why would you say that before anyone whose just seen the video even said that? Don't you think that makes you come across as belligerent?

randman21
10-17-2008, 01:25 PM
Well, I guess I have to watch the video again, to make sure. :D

EDIT: If it's the first lady we're talking about, it's so not her! I think.

Rutegard
10-17-2008, 01:27 PM
yeah she looks like her éh :D
reminds me a lot of the Don't Speak clip dunno why :p

'cause probabl it is her ehehe

Thomas
10-17-2008, 01:28 PM
I thought it was actually quite good. It fit the song perfectly and I could tell that this is what they had in mind when they were writing it. It's not as good as the I Choose video, but it's definitely among their best.

mat.kc.
10-17-2008, 01:28 PM
This music video is awesome. Great symbolism, yet again.

Good job! :D

RonWelty
10-17-2008, 01:29 PM
Well, I guess I have to watch the video again, to make sure. :D

EDIT: If it's the first lady we're talking about, it's so not her! I think.

the green lady...aka SHREK lady

Marco
Gwen Stefani??? :confused:

Free?
After 2nd watching I've noticed more details, video gets even better.
Fuck, it IS awesome!
And I don't think it's Gwen there.
EDIT: Yeah, definitely not her.
The farmer kinda reminds of Rise Against vocalist Tim. :D

bighead384
It's not as good as the I Choose video, but it's definitely among their best.

If I Choose was a little bit more popular of a song, I bet the video would be regarded as one of the all time best. I love that video.

RonWelty
10-17-2008, 01:30 PM
If I Choose was a little bit more popular of a song, I bet the video would be regarded as one of the all time best. I love that video.

me too. It has that Ixnay Feeling. How i miss it !

Thomas
10-17-2008, 01:31 PM
I will add this, too: THe video has that certain feel to it that'll make it do ridiculously well on MTV. That sort of quasi-artsy-fartsy type stuff seems to be doing really well right now, and seeing how popular the song was without the video, I'm sure it'll be an even bigger hit now.

Rooster
10-17-2008, 01:32 PM
I guess i'll have to watch the video a few times before i start to appreciate it. It's not that bad, it's just weird. I'd still like to see the band play in it. Oh well, maybe next time...

Rutegard
10-17-2008, 01:32 PM
me too. It has that Ixnay Feeling. How i miss it !

i miss it too

I will add this, too: THe video has that certain feel to it that'll make it do ridiculously well on MTV. That sort of quasi-artsy-fartsy type stuff seems to be doing really well right now, and seeing how popular the song was without the video, I'm sure it'll be an even bigger hit now.

yes, let's hope

Grimesy da Offspringfan
10-17-2008, 01:35 PM
Watched it a few times again, and it IS really great :D

Cerberus
10-17-2008, 01:36 PM
I like this video. Nice dark story about farmers rise and fall. Greedy little bastard.

Little_Miss_1565
10-17-2008, 01:39 PM
It's really not that bad. I kinda like it. It still looks like a power metal video though...

I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE IT WHEN I GET HOME! :D \m/ \m/

Why would you say that before anyone whose just seen the video even said that? Don't you think that makes you come across as belligerent?

People had already effectively said what IamSam wrote before the video had even premiered, but you're right, I think people will be chill about it now that it's actually aired.

Diego06
10-17-2008, 01:42 PM
i really like the video because of the symbolism: the idea of how success can be easy but after the success you fall, at the end of the video...
The Offspring are really my favorite band because i believe that they understood that success is not for always, even if americana and smash was great commercial success, they are still an authentic band, and simple people, and for us i'm sure that this album is really for the fans, they don't want have a third big commercial success, and that's why videos of RAFRAG are absolutely not like the videos of Americana
(excuse me for my english i'm french)

Thomas
10-17-2008, 01:43 PM
I like this video. Nice dark story about farmers rise and fall. Greedy little bastard.

Shit. I didn't even think about that. It fits with the theme of the album absolutely perfectly. In retrospect, so did the Hammerhead video.

Whether you like this new material or not, you've gotta admit they kept a pretty solid artistic theme.

Sofinch
10-17-2008, 01:44 PM
man now I saw it again the fairy reminds me of that witch in the Blues Brothers 2000 :'S

Thomas
10-17-2008, 01:44 PM
man now I saw it again the fairy reminds me of that witch in the Blues Brothers 2000 :'S

Whoa, now. Lets not compare this the BB 2000.... Them's fightin' words. =P

nightvision
10-17-2008, 01:45 PM
I officially like this video. I, like many others, had my doubts when we were told that the band wasn't going to be in it and it was going to be partly animated but I must say I was pleasantly suprised with the outcome.

Free?
10-17-2008, 01:46 PM
It completely doesn't look like a power metal video!
The farmer looks more like today's bum than like a medieval farmer, the fairy girl doesn't look uhm...epic. It looks artsy-wicked, power metal videos look naive.

Hypodermic_89
10-17-2008, 01:46 PM
That video was weird.. I don't know if it was good or bad, but just weird. All I could make out of it was the definition of greed, and that how any person can easily waste a real opportunity.

I guess I liked it.

Rooster
10-17-2008, 01:48 PM
After the second watch i began to like the symbolism, the story is quite well thought, but i still think it's weird... I'm more of a fan of videos where the band is shown. Anyway, the band chose to make this kind of video and i support them, and i hope that they get more airplay due to this video (and the great song).

Rutegard
10-17-2008, 01:49 PM
ok now here it goes the question

where can i get one of those guitars?? huh??

:D

TRoffspring
10-17-2008, 01:52 PM
Just saw the vid...
it was pretty good:D

Me want one of those guitars!!!:p

Sofinch
10-17-2008, 01:52 PM

attack a bum he will show you the guy who sells them :D

Rutegard
10-17-2008, 01:55 PM
attack a bum he will show you the guy who sells them :D

oh thanks

but i DON'T want that green lady always watching me :p heheheh go figure LOL

jacknife737
10-17-2008, 01:56 PM
Wow, I really, really liked it. I mean, the band’s last few videos have been mediocre at best. I honestly think this video is one of the best they’ve done, definitely in my top three. It’s got great visuals, it’s almost surreal. And I love the symbolism; it would have been so easy to do some generic, goofy band video, this offers a lot more to think about.

Gustavo
10-17-2008, 01:56 PM
I haven't watched the video yet because I'm at work :(
But I can't wait to watch it when I get home!

KHWHD
10-17-2008, 01:58 PM

I concur totally, I love it!! Nicely done guys!!!

HeadAroundU
10-17-2008, 01:58 PM
It's ok, I guess. I need a time to appreciate it. It did nothing with me right now.

It reminded me of Smashing Pumpkins (Tonight, Tonight) at the beginning. Dreamy. It's more Panic at the Disco than AFI.

I had pictured something more realistic in my head but I'm not complaing.

I refuse to comment more on it. Give me a month. :D Hammerhead grew on me and I regret that I criticized it that much. But still, HH wasn't executed to the full potential. (too chaotic, poor CGI) It had some brilliant ideas. It looked better on TV than on youtube.

danitanev
10-17-2008, 02:01 PM

Hahaha! I was wondering about the same thing! I need to get the golden guitar somehow! I really like the video a lot - It's different - It's The Offspring - It's not like every stupid video you can watch on TV like Blink 182 videos or Greenday or shit it's great - takes 11 pts out of 10 for me. :cool:

Gustavo
10-17-2008, 02:01 PM
http://enderproductions.com/lyricslong.jpg

It's cool, isn't it? :cool:

Rutegard
10-17-2008, 02:05 PM
It's cool, isn't it? :cool:

it's really cool :D

Jaded skies
10-17-2008, 02:10 PM
So its really not that bad. My only problem with it is when they say dance fucker dance people actually dance. That just kinda takes me away from it. But other than that, it really wasnt that bad. Atleast they didnt do anything in the video that had sound over playing the music. Now those videos suck.

randman21
10-17-2008, 02:11 PM
It's gone now. As is the NEWS entry. :confused:

the_real_potomek
10-17-2008, 02:11 PM
wooow, I really like this video:D fairy tale climate, nice idea...well done, guys:D

wrc307
10-17-2008, 02:28 PM
wtf! where is the video right now? why its not on the homepage?

Free?
10-17-2008, 02:31 PM
Haha, I'm not going turn off the PC, I still have a tab with the video :cool::p!
But don't ask me to rip it, I respect the band's choice to do a short premiere. :rolleyes:

Cerberus
10-17-2008, 02:32 PM
wtf! where is the video right now? why its not on the homepage?
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=339940403

offspring_freak_3
10-17-2008, 02:32 PM
i don't like it at all =S

hshduppsnt
10-17-2008, 02:34 PM
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=339940403

hahaha anyone else amused by the top friends listed on that page?

randman21
10-17-2008, 02:39 PM
hahaha anyone else amused by the top friends listed on that page?
Ha, yeah. I noticed that the other day. I love reading those kind of profiles. There's always some funnies being brought.

MasoN
10-17-2008, 02:40 PM
this video sucks mostly because band is not in it..............again.. why? :confused:

ABassDrummer07
10-17-2008, 02:44 PM
WTF!!!! Y no shots of them and y the fuck does it seem like they paid shit dollars to make this!!! All i ask for is them playing!!!! and a story line video!!! AHHHHH and MORE Production Value!!! not some Cheesey adobe gold flare effect... ahhhh

disclaimer_07
10-17-2008, 02:44 PM
At least no rotating pigs this time! xD

ABassDrummer07
10-17-2008, 02:46 PM
At least no rotating pigs this time! xD

yeah now we got cheap Video effects. AHHH WHY!!!

Ryder1234
10-17-2008, 02:48 PM
It's not that big of a deal! It's a fucking music video!

jacknife737
10-17-2008, 02:51 PM

No way man, this is a matter of life or death. I'm going to go smash all my offspirng cds in protest. I mean, for god's sake, they're not in the music video, my life is over, i'm going to drop out of school and become an alcoholic.......

ABassDrummer07
10-17-2008, 02:51 PM

But it's a Bad One and it's my Fav. Band.... ahhh

offspringer24
10-17-2008, 02:53 PM
hated hammerhead, and really the band to be in this video

but i gotta admit ITS FUCKING BRILLIANT

well done lads :)

Greekoldfan
10-17-2008, 02:55 PM
i disagree with you guys.i think its one of their best videos.you are dissappointed because its the second video in the row without the band.thats the reason.what if there wasnt the hammerhead video before??i think the Music video its very cool itself.its not a short time movie or something like this.if you want to see the band watch the live clips.there are billions on the net

offspringer24
10-17-2008, 02:55 PM
WTF!!!! Y no shots of them and y the fuck does it seem like they paid shit dollars to make this!!! All i ask for is them playing!!!! and a story line video!!! AHHHHH and MORE Production Value!!! not some Cheesey adobe gold flare effect... ahhhh

what the FUCK are you babbling about... its a great video beautiful yet grimey im well impressed and I as much as the next person wanted them to be in the video!

suck eggs bitch