PDA

View Full Version : Hit him right between the eye (Definition)

Camilamazed
10-17-2008, 12:19 PM
Here I am again hehe.

In YGGF,K, Is this sentence simple hit with a punch or shot whatever or this:

hit someone (right) between the eyes (informal)
if something hits someone between the eyes, it shocks them.

http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/hit+between+the+eyes

Thank you!

F@ BANKZ
10-17-2008, 12:21 PM
I think it's using a punch as a metaphor for a violent/precise blow of some kind; anything damaging.

Camilamazed
10-17-2008, 12:30 PM
That's what I thought, but then I came across with that definition and had second thoughts.

But in the song the damaging thing fits better.

Gustavo
10-17-2008, 12:35 PM
I believe that it means to catch someone all of sudden. Which in Portuguese could be translated to "Pegue-o de surpresa". I guess it's sort of another way to say "Kick Him When He's Down" :P

Smash_Returns
10-17-2008, 12:36 PM
I think it means "unexpected", surprised.

Camilamazed
10-17-2008, 12:42 PM
I believe that it means to catch someone all of sudden. Which in Portuguese could be translated to "Pegue-o de surpresa". I guess it's sort of another way to say "Kick Him When He's Down" :P

Hehe

If you remember, that's the way I translated it, but I was unsure anyways. I want more opinions on this one.

randman21
10-17-2008, 12:50 PM
I can't really define it, but if you were literally talking about shooting (as in guns), it would refer to hitting a target with good accuracy.

It's like hitting something right where you aimed.

Free?
10-17-2008, 01:06 PM
I agree with randman21. Also it seems like something like hypnosis.
Camila, now help me with figuring out Half-Truism meaning! http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34993 :rolleyes:;)

Thomas
10-17-2008, 01:32 PM
I can't really define it, but if you were literally talking about shooting (as in guns), it would refer to hitting a target with good accuracy.

It's like hitting something right where you aimed.

It would be somewhere along these lines. Shooting someone with incredible accuracy and killing them instantly.

jacknife737
10-17-2008, 01:40 PM
I think it's using a punch as a metaphor for a violent/precise blow of some kind; anything damaging.

This 10 characters

Redjie
10-17-2008, 01:50 PM

I quote this for truth. Well, you can't just pick up lies and throw at someone literally. Has to be a metaphor. It's like "Bulls eye!" in a figurative way :cool:

Camilamazed
10-17-2008, 04:05 PM
Thank you guys for your help.

=)