PDA

View Full Version : For those of you who LOVE 'You're Gonna Go Far, Kid' music video.

mat.kc.
10-17-2008, 07:01 PM
High five. Getting sick of seeing the whining ignorance that is the premature Offspring fans. For the MINOR few who have an issue with the video, nobody cares. For those who have wanted to see the band in the video, tough shit. They're busy touring, and you're lucky enough to get that. You're on the internet, and nobody fucking likes to hear you bitch. Especially when it's the same crap you spew over and over again.

By the way, The Offspring = God of music.

That is all.

RonWelty
10-17-2008, 07:12 PM
High five. Getting sick of seeing the whining ignorance that is the premature Offspring fans. For the MINOR few who have an issue with the video, nobody cares. For those who have wanted to see the band in the video, tough shit. They're busy touring, and you're lucky enough to get that. You're on the internet, and nobody fucking likes to hear you bitch. Especially when it's the same crap you spew over and over again.

That is all.

you're just a stupid newbie.

Bipolar Bear
10-17-2008, 07:21 PM

...Fuck you.

I don't like the music video though. It's ok... I don't care it's their choice.

mat.kc.
10-17-2008, 07:26 PM

Now why is that? Just because I have a life, and my 'post count' doesn't exceed over 1,000? Think you're all high and mighty because you're a message board 'vet'? I've been surfing these forums for years. Nothing ever changes with some people on here, we've all seen it. They always find ways to complain, and quite frankly, I don't think the fans of this band need to take any of their shit.

By the way, if you're the first reply to my topic, there's no need to quote it.

cool 2 hate 681
10-17-2008, 07:31 PM
I've been surfing these forums for years.

with all due respect

why did you just sign up in april?

Cock Joke
10-17-2008, 07:32 PM
Eh, I don't love it, but I do like it. Like I said, better than Hammerhead.

mat.kc.
10-17-2008, 07:32 PM
with all due respect

why did you just sign up in april?

Well, I originally had an account from a while back. I think it was 'Original Prankster'. Something along those lines, anyway. Not very original lol, but I had lost the password for it. I signed up again in April to discuss my feelings toward the new album I had waited years for. :D

I respect those with an opinion who projects it as fair as anyone else on here,
but when I see individuals 'whining' on the forums, that's what pisses me off.

bhg_rulz2
10-17-2008, 07:43 PM
I really like the video =)

wrc307
10-17-2008, 07:47 PM
i like the video too

Americana98
10-17-2008, 07:51 PM
Topic creator, that's fine if you liked the video, no need to be harsh on people who didn't. There are many bands with just as vigorous (if not moreso) a touring schedule than The Offspring and still can find the time to spend...what... a day, shooting a music video? I doubt people were looking forward to the video to watch a magic show, they want to see their band. I'd love to see them tour but since it's been years since they've toured anywhere near me (and I do live in the US) I can't do that. Again, the point of music videos is to see the band. Not to see some director with a dream record his vision over the song.

Granted, he did a fine job, I just wish the band had some involvement. And it doesn't mean I'm complaining or whining, or anything like that. But Defy You was the band's last great video, since then they've just not been puting in the effort. And as a fan of their vids I'm kinda disappointed.

Again, GLAD TO SEE you liked the video, but don't criticize those who didn't. I wouldn't criticize you for liking it.

mat.kc.
10-17-2008, 07:58 PM
Topic creator, that's fine if you liked the video, no need to be harsh on people who didn't. There are many bands with just as vigorous (if not moreso) a touring schedule than The Offspring and still can find the time to spend...what... a day, shooting a music video? I doubt people were looking forward to the video to watch a magic show, they want to see their band. I'd love to see them tour but since it's been years since they've toured anywhere near me (and I do live in the US) I can't do that. Again, the point of music videos is to see the band. Not to see some director with a dream record his vision over the song.

Granted, he did a fine job, I just wish the band had some involvement. And it doesn't mean I'm complaining or whining, or anything like that. But Defy You was the band's last great video, since then they've just not been puting in the effort. And as a fan of their vids I'm kinda disappointed.

Again, GLAD TO SEE you liked the video, but don't criticize those who didn't. I wouldn't criticize you for liking it.

Understood with what you're implying, and I definitely respect that. What I'm trying to say is that there ARE people out there who are entitled to their opinion. That's absolutely fine! THEN, there are those who abuse it SO much, to the point where their argument has become so invalid and it just makes them look like a complete moronic life waste.

Bipolar Bear, for example, disliked the video. That's perfectly fine! However, when I see other users going "OH MY
GOOOOOOOD WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN US", throwing word tantrums as if they're rabid, I seem to have a problem. Definately.

This topic is to target the idiots who need to take a chill pill. In a form of mockery, I guess you could say, for having our forums filled with such idiocy.

Anyhow, as for the music video, it's great to see them in the videos. No doubt about that. I just truly think they have been overwhelmed enough to not be in it, and that's the reason why you don't see them. The director's job is to imply imagery to a music video without going way too overboard. The video AND the song complimented one another, and that's why I truly believe that the end result was more positive than anything.

Let's just throw away the morons who need to chill out.

SpLinteR
10-17-2008, 08:11 PM
not the best video ever, but is fine...

Static_Martyr
10-17-2008, 08:15 PM
I like the video alright :) I also like how there's sort of a theme to Rise and Fall so far, how the band isn't in any of the videos....kinda reminds me of American Idiot (except for the fact that the band was in the title track of American Idiot).

Budzy
10-17-2008, 08:21 PM
Okay. I don't LOVE the video, but I will admit, it is simply...OKAY. Well probably on the lower end of Okay. I think people who watch it on TV will find it silly and lame. Like if it weren't for that other thread saying what the story behind the video was, I'd be like 'Hmm...okay...theres a guy with a sickle chopping up thorns, a fucking forest nymph hands him a guitar for no fucking reason, the he starts playing it and people start doing a really gay version of the robot.'
But...I still watched ALL of it, which indicates its better than the Hammerhead video, which i struggled to even watch the minute of lameness that I did.
I'm still a little disappointed that the band couldn't put in an effort to make a show in the video, but atleast there were REAL people in the video, and not pigs with guns.
A little bit more effort was put into that...so that puts it at probably 2 and a half out of 10.

EDIT: Might aswell paste this in the other thread.

TGChaplain
10-17-2008, 08:26 PM
Maybe seeing the band playing in the background a few times would have been pretty cool. Hopefully they'll be in the next one.

RODNEYMULLEN
10-17-2008, 08:36 PM
i'm working on an unedited version. i've synced the audio perfectly, now i'm working on syncing the sound effects of him chopping plants at the beggining.

Edit: That came out great! i'm gonna convert it to a better format and then i'll upload it.

Pasior
10-17-2008, 11:29 PM
So where's the band??? Where's The Offspring....????
This video is so fucking stupid......I love this band but I hate new videos, both Hammerhead and YGGFK.:(

lost_nvrfound
10-17-2008, 11:55 PM

wtf dude??? He's got more than a point here. Damn. You people! Everybody just needs to chill out!

SERIOUSLY! ITS JUST A MUSIC VIDEO!

There's no need to go and get your panties in a twist over it...

Little_Miss_1565
10-18-2008, 12:26 AM
SERIOUSLY! ITS JUST A MUSIC VIDEO!

There's no need to go and get your panties in a twist over it...

Quoted for truth.

I'm really disappointed in how many forum members begged and begged and begged for a video and now are just taking a dump all over it now that you finally got your wish. This is the band's band, their vision, and they're doing what they want to do. You may not like it or agree that it's what they should be doing, but ultimately this matters less than what the band want to do with it themselves.

Accusing them of not caring just because they're not physically in the video is ignorant and disrespectful, guys.

Rag Doll
10-18-2008, 12:45 AM
I enjoyed the video. Like HAU said in another thread, it reminded me a LOT of Tonight, Tonight by the Smashing Pumpkins (which is my all time favorite video). It was good.

mrs_hollandova
10-18-2008, 12:48 AM
quoted for truth.

I'm really disappointed in how many forum members begged and begged and begged for a video and now are just taking a dump all over it now that you finally got your wish. This is the band's band, their vision, and they're doing what they want to do. You may not like it or agree that it's what they should be doing, but ultimately this matters less than what the band want to do with it themselves.

Accusing them of not caring just because they're not physically in the video is ignorant and disrespectful, guys.

and how many members wrote that videos like this are not good and nobody is interested in some actors trying to do something with offspring music in background???

lost_nvrfound
10-18-2008, 01:03 AM
and how many members wrote that videos like this are not good and nobody is interested in some actors trying to do something with offspring music in background???

that does nothing but reinforce 1565's point.

cool 2 hate 681
10-18-2008, 01:11 AM
I enjoyed the video. Like HAU said in another thread, it reminded me a LOT of Tonight, Tonight by the Smashing Pumpkins (which is my all time favorite video). It was good.

i can see the comparison but the smashing pumpkins were in that video and yggfk is a not a slow song like tonight tonight

~|Vredina|~
10-18-2008, 01:23 AM
I like the video, but it's not their best though. I think it's a little bit better than "Hammerhead", more conceptual.

KHWHD
10-18-2008, 03:03 AM
I personally loved the video too. :cool:

Superdope
10-18-2008, 03:25 AM
Great video. I agree with the many before me who said it reminded them of Tonight, Tonight, and that video kicks so much ass.

Some of you guys are overreacting, and it really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. So the band didn't do what you wanted them to, big deal. I'm sure they did what they wanted to.

RonWelty
10-18-2008, 03:44 AM
Now why is that? Just because I have a life, and my 'post count' doesn't exceed over 1,000? Think you're all high and mighty because you're a message board 'vet'? I've been surfing these forums for years. Nothing ever changes with some people on here, we've all seen it. They always find ways to complain, and quite frankly, I don't think the fans of this band need to take any of their shit.

By the way, if you're the first reply to my topic, there's no need to quote it.

Dude, you are permitted to have your own opinion, but not to insult people that does not like the video.
And for the record, I don't spend nowadays a lot of time here, mostly because of new users like you, that transform this place in a "My Chemical Romance forum meets Kindergarden" stuff. I don't like, I stay away a bit. But i do not come here and post something like: "HOLY SHIT, those new motherfuckers member, stupid fuck kids, are just stupid retards, ass holes. FUCK THEM! I'm the best."

I Rest my case. Take care!

RonWelty
10-18-2008, 03:50 AM
Great video. I agree with the many before me who said it reminded them of Tonight, Tonight, and that video kicks so much ass.

Some of you guys are overreacting, and it really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. So the band didn't do what you wanted them to, big deal. I'm sure they did what they wanted to.

Well, if you know something about marketing ou business, the main target here is the fans, us. If most of us doesn't like, what's the point of making a music video?

Anyway, i believe this will be a hit on MTV. Sadly, It's not my type, not my "cup of tea".

Superdope
10-18-2008, 03:56 AM
Well, if you know something about marketing ou business, the main target here is the fans, us. If most of us doesn't like, what's the point of making a music video?

Anyway, i believe this will be a hit on MTV. Sadly, It's not my type, not my "cup of tea".

Well, they don't need to sell the album to us fans, rather everyone else. I like the video, and I believe many more outside of the hardcore Offspring fanbase will too. Mission accomplished.

RonWelty
10-18-2008, 03:58 AM
Well, they don't need to sell the album to us fans, rather everyone else. I like the video, and I believe many more outside of the hardcore Offspring fanbase will too. Mission accomplished.

That's true too, but today, only hardcore fans buy albuns. But i admit, it's still a improvement from HH's one.

the_real_potomek
10-18-2008, 04:00 AM
I think the video is really good. I like the climate of it, it remembers me of some old fairy tales. I enjoy the actors' costumes, color tone in which the video is kept up, the story... All this elements create some kind of magic, I would say. And it's nice to watch.

jacknife737
10-18-2008, 04:05 AM

Isn't the point of videos to "promote" the band? Ergo, to go beyond the "fanbase", ie people who are already familiar with the song/ album?

RonWelty
10-18-2008, 04:07 AM
Isn't the point of videos to "promote" the band? Ergo, to go beyond the "fanbase", ie people who are already familiar with the song/ album?

it's one of the major points yes. I forgot about that, sorry.

Free?
10-18-2008, 05:02 AM
I think the idea of this thread is kinda silly, a protest move against haters' thread. It wasn't necessary, I'm fine with expressing my love to the video in the premiere thread and it's good to see that haters stay in a single thread and don't spam GOD.

But well, one more time - I LOVE YGGFK VIDEO!

Rutegard
10-18-2008, 05:03 AM
it's ok by me

Free?
10-18-2008, 05:25 AM

Where did you take it from? To me so far it seems that majority of people here liked it.
And you know, fans (us) have already a copy or two of RAFRAG so it's not that big marketing deal or you used to buy a copy of an album each time you see a music video that you liked?
First there were anti-"sellouts", then there are "sellouts"-supporters. You can not make a video that anyone would love, (at least not instantly like now). You can choose a safe way and make something like CGMHAY or Can't Repeat, band jamming, simple and TV-friendly, without any twists or original moves, mainstream, 10-14 years old boys would love it. and those who are blocked enough to instantly deny something different from what they used to see. Or you can try to experiment if you really care about your fans, you would like to give them best, not another mediocre product. It deserves some respect even if you didn't like how it turned out.

And again and again I'll repeat myself. Don't say something that you might regret later. You might be super disappointed with how the video didn't approve your expectations now, but you might change your mind in a month or two.

And the point of making the video is that there are many people that loved it.

ad8
10-18-2008, 07:03 AM

Same opinion here.

Dexter_italy
10-18-2008, 07:14 AM
A thread against the haters isn't a hate thread? and if I hate haters does it mean I hate myself?? :D:D

btw I like the video, and I don't think it will be a great hit on channels such mtv, for sure it will do better than hammerhead, but it's not going to stay on top

Rutegard
10-18-2008, 07:32 AM
Same opinion here.

same here :) eheh

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
10-18-2008, 08:29 AM
I actually prefer music videos where bands aren't randomly playing in a stupid place trying to look all sweet. Hammerhead sucked, but that was due to the poor animation. If the animation were better, it'd kick ass. I liked YGGF,K.

I think I'm also one of the few that liked the Hit That video too.

Stylie
10-18-2008, 08:58 AM
Those of you that don't like it - ok, but please, someone need to chill out a little bit.

Anyway. I think I liked it! :)

First time viewing it I thought it was kinda strange, but after a good nights sleep and seeing it a few more times, I really like it! Of course I wanted the band to be in the video, like playing in the background some few times (just to be there!), but it's okay that they decided not to. But I'm not one of those that shouts out "NOOO, THE BAND ISN'T IN THA VIDEU".

renato piquette
10-18-2008, 10:01 AM

well,the pumpkins appeared on "tonight,tonight",and that is one of the greatest videos ever,"yggf,k" is just ok

Biggest offspring fan
10-18-2008, 10:04 AM

That is all.

Agreed, love it :D

renato piquette
10-18-2008, 10:13 AM
where did you take it from? To me so far it seems that majority of people here liked it.
And you know, fans (us) have already a copy or two of rafrag so it's not that big marketing deal or you used to buy a copy of an album each time you see a music video that you liked?
First there were anti-"sellouts", then there are "sellouts"-supporters. You can not make a video that anyone would love, (at least not instantly like now). You can choose a safe way and make something like cgmhay or can't repeat, band jamming, simple and tv-friendly, without any twists or original moves, mainstream, 10-14 years old boys would love it. And those who are blocked enough to instantly deny something different from what they used to see. Or you can try to experiment if you really care about your fans, you would like to give them best, not another mediocre product. It deserves some respect even if you didn't like how it turned out.

And again and again i'll repeat myself. Don't say something that you might regret later. You might be super disappointed with how the video didn't approve your expectations now, but you might change your mind in a month or two.

And the point of making the video is that there are many people that loved it.

yes,youīre right,the thing is that it relly looks like they donīt give a fuck about that stuff nowdays,if they appear or not on the video is irrelevant,is just that they make you feel they had nothing to do with the video,probably they havenīt even watched it,it was ok that they didnīt appear on "hammerhead",and really havenīt done an effort since "defy you",they didnīt appear in "hit that" and like you said,"cgmhay" and "canīt repeat"they just jam and thatīs it,boring,but anyways,what matters is the music,not the videos,they never choose good songs for the singles since "ixnay" (exept for hammerhead)

renato piquette
10-18-2008, 10:21 AM
that's true too, but today, only hardcore fans buy albuns. But i admit, it's still a improvement from hh's one.

wow,looks like iīm the only one who dislikes "yggf,k" but loves "hammerhead",well,i donīt love it,but i think is better,anyways,the album is great

Thomas
10-18-2008, 10:35 AM
Dude, you are permitted to have your own opinion, but not to insult people that does not like the video.
And for the record, I don't spend nowadays a lot of time here, mostly because of new users like you, that transform this place in a "My Chemical Romance forum meets Kindergarden" stuff. I don't like, I stay away a bit. But i do not come here and post something like: "HOLY SHIT, those new motherfuckers member, stupid fuck kids, are just stupid retards, ass holes. FUCK THEM! I'm the best."

I Rest my case. Take care!

Look at your first post in this thread. You did EXACTLY what what you are complaining he was doing. If this isn't insulting someone over their opinion, then I don't know what is:

Hypocrite, much?

I actually prefer music videos where bands aren't randomly playing in a stupid place trying to look all sweet. Hammerhead sucked, but that was due to the poor animation. If the animation were better, it'd kick ass. I liked YGGF,K.

I think I'm also one of the few that liked the Hit That video too.

I agree with every letter of every word of this post.

Grimesy da Offspringfan
10-18-2008, 11:01 AM
I LOVE the YGGFK vid. I don't have anything more to say...

RonWelty
10-18-2008, 11:11 AM
Look at your first post in this thread. You did EXACTLY what what you are complaining he was doing. If this isn't insulting someone over their opinion, then I don't know what is:

Hypocrite, much?

I agree with every letter of every word of this post.

Stupid isn't a bad word. Sorry if i take it too hard.

Thomas
10-18-2008, 11:29 AM
Stupid isn't a bad word. Sorry if i take it too hard.

It doesn't matter if it's a "bad word" or not, you still used it to insult someone over their opinion, which is exactly what you were complaining he was doing.

Blitzkrieg Bop
10-18-2008, 12:12 PM
I like the video and concept behind it ... I definately like it more than the Hammerhead video

Stylie
10-18-2008, 01:21 PM
but anyways,what matters is the music,not the videos,they never choose good songs for the singles since "ixnay" (exept for hammerhead)

Hahahah! Bu-ll-shit. So you think that You're Gonna Go Far, Kid is a really bad choice for a single? Hm, strange that it's maybe the best recieved single since Americana's Pretty Fly then?

And I LOVE the music video now. After watching it several times, I think it's really cool. Hurray! :D

Free?
10-18-2008, 01:22 PM
Hey, you know what? It will be quite funny when after few weeks / months some current haters will actually change their minds. Will they re-read all that negative stuff they write now...

danitanev
10-18-2008, 01:25 PM
I Love The YGGFK Video! I really do love it and like it a lot! It's different than other stupid videos - Yes I want to watch the band too but I prefer to watch them on their shows! So for those of the fans who don't like it and want to watch their band on a music video I'd say fuck you - stop listening to The Offspring and start to "listen to Britney Spears" and you'll be able to see her ass in each one of her music videos!

Lord_Gabo
10-18-2008, 03:43 PM
i love yggfk video!!

ZeQuebecois
10-18-2008, 04:04 PM
I just saw the video for the first time, and I really liked it:D. At the beginning I wasn't pretty sure, but after that I found it pretty good!I found that the video expresses with a beautiful fidelity the theme of the song. I really enjoyed that video. The only thing I'm sad is that the band isn't acting in it, but still, they're busy and on tour, I can understand that.
Great job Mr. Hopewell !

jacknife737
10-18-2008, 04:12 PM
I just saw the video for the first time, and I really liked it:D. At the beginning I wasn't pretty sure, but after that I found it pretty good!I found that the video expresses with a beautiful fidelity the theme of the song. I really enjoyed that video. The only thing I'm sad is that the band isn't acting in it, but still, they're busy and on tour, I can understand that.
Great job Mr. Hopewell !

Exactly my sentiments. I really liked the video, and although i too would have liked to have seen the band in it, i'm not going to get upset over the fact that they are absent.

ernesto88
10-18-2008, 06:04 PM
i think the same!

Budzy
10-18-2008, 07:01 PM
Its funny how this thread has 55 posts and the Hate one has 144. lol

Bipolar Bear
10-18-2008, 07:05 PM

That's my favorite music video too! Sweet :)

Stylie
10-18-2008, 07:19 PM

Yeah, sad. People are overreacting a lot. "bands nat in the vid, damn them!", "stop making musicvideos, two animations in a row, are they stupid!?" etc. Of course, I also wanted the band to be in the video, but they decided not to, and I respect that. And this video is much clearer than the Hammerhead, I really like it now.

...so let make this thread BIG! :D

mat.kc.
10-18-2008, 08:07 PM

This topic hasn't been around as long as the other.

Conspiracyof1000
10-18-2008, 10:28 PM
I love the video. At first I wasn't sure, but as it went on it grew on me. Not my favorite video by any means, but I love it. More than Hammerhead, anyway. :p

Rutegard
10-19-2008, 04:18 AM
my sister liked it a lot

my mom didn't get the story LOLOL

the_real_potomek
10-19-2008, 05:23 AM
my mom said that the video is fantastic:D

dr.vanessa
10-19-2008, 05:26 AM
i ADORE the new video i'd just like to see the band in it but i still ADORE it:)

-L-
10-19-2008, 07:35 AM
Well, I don't love the new video, and also don't hate it. I think the video is good, I just don't like it. And I think I never will see it on the hungarian music channel.

Little_Miss_1565
10-19-2008, 10:34 AM
I thought it was really cool. It looks a lot different from anything else they've done before, and it tells a really clear story start to finish, which is also something I don't think they've really done before. I dug it a lot.

Stylie
10-19-2008, 10:56 AM
I thought it was really cool. It looks a lot different from anything else they've done before, and it tells a really clear story start to finish, which is also something I don't think they've really done before. I dug it a lot.

Yeah, it's really different. Nicy.

TheOldMark
10-19-2008, 11:07 AM
this is the best video not-featuring the band, no doubt. but why, out of the last 5 videos shot in the last 5 years, (Hit that, CGMHAY, Cant Repeat, Hammerhead, YGGFK) the band only appears in 2? 3 animated artsy videos i doubt anyone watching Fuse would give a shit about.

lost_nvrfound
10-19-2008, 11:21 AM
I discovered yesterday that my friend at work loves the offspring. She absolutely loved the new video. :cool:

she also went to the show in charlotte. I didn't know that.

Thomas
10-19-2008, 12:13 PM
this is the best video not-featuring the band, no doubt. but why, out of the last 5 videos shot in the last 5 years, (Hit that, CGMHAY, Cant Repeat, Hammerhead, YGGFK) the band only appears in 2? 3 animated artsy videos i doubt anyone watching Fuse would give a shit about.

Actually, it appears to me as if these "artsy-fartsy" type videos are becoming more and more popular these days. I'm guessing this one will do well on MTV and Fuse and such.

Rutegard
10-19-2008, 12:20 PM
Actually, it appears to me as if these "artsy-fartsy" type videos are becoming more and more popular these days. I'm guessing this one will do well on MTV and Fuse and such.

yeah i really think you are right...

ppl like it!!

my sister liked it a lot like i said...

average ppl like it a lot too :D

lost_nvrfound
10-19-2008, 07:16 PM
Because we offspring fans are above the average. :D
;)

cool 2 hate 681
10-19-2008, 07:19 PM

maybe fuse but i bet it won't get played once on mtv ..at least here in north america

Smash punker
10-19-2008, 08:42 PM
Just saw the video. Donīt hate it, but no love for that either. Just no Offspring in it and thatīs a shame I guess, cause thereīs no Dex singing, playing and no Noodles jumping, doing all the great stuff heīs capable of, so just not the greatest video of all time! :D Maybe the Offspring donīt have a lot of money to do the real expensive video?! Touring rocks and videos sux(for now) :D

Rutegard
10-20-2008, 02:40 AM
Because we offspring fans are above the average. :D
;)

yes we are :D eheeheh

The Search Button
10-21-2008, 03:46 AM
I've been thinking. Yes I do think in my spare time.

After seing the video again (it really growns on you with time) something hit me.

The guy plays for the money (which is raining) and gets greedy in the end. Do you thing that there might be some kind of innuendo or criticism to people who play music only for the money in the video?

Your thoughts?

Rutegard
10-21-2008, 03:53 AM

After seing the video again (it really growns on you with time) something hit me.

The guy plays for the money (which is raining) and gets greedy in the end. Do you thing that there might be some kind of innuendo or criticism to people who play music only for the money in the video?

Your thoughts?

like green day?!?!

The Search Button
10-21-2008, 03:59 AM
If Green Day really only plays for the money then, yes.

But yeah, that kind of bands.

Rutegard
10-21-2008, 04:10 AM
If Green Day really only plays for the money then, yes.

But yeah, that kind of bands.

hhaha :p

yeah i think it's a really good point you just thought!!

i'm glad you think sometimes :D i appreciate it (a lot)

and maybe it's a new message they want to give...nice message by the way!!

that's why they r doing so many free shows lately!!

Free?
10-21-2008, 05:48 AM

Your thoughts?

No, I don't think it's about musicians, at least not specifically about them.

And I don't think that Green Day's main aim is profit too.

genocide_
10-21-2008, 06:22 AM
Is there any place where i could download a good quality version of it into my pc?
I like this video very much, there's nice story in it and it fits with the lyrics.

Free?
10-21-2008, 09:02 AM
Is there any place where i could download a good quality version of it into my pc?
I like this video very much, there's nice story in it and it fits with the lyrics.

Originally Posted by Jesus:

Did they really take the YGGFK video of their myspace? Cause I can't watch it. Anyway if you want a high quality version of it. I've uploaded one:

http://rapidshare.com/files/15516059...arKid.flv.html

Play it with a good flv player like ... flvplayer!

PS. It's uncensored
tencharacters

Cock Joke
10-21-2008, 07:53 PM
I've seen that video too many times already. My favorite part is when the farmer's playing the solo with the golden guitar, all those gold coins raining down & shit!

Man, I really love that video now!

Mushroom
10-22-2008, 01:21 AM
The video is awesome, different but awesome.

RazielSR
10-22-2008, 01:39 AM
Yggfk video rocks!!!

Kennytar
10-22-2008, 06:15 AM
Well, I can't say I love it but its not bad either. I like it. Mostly cos of the music ofcourse :D

Offspring-Junkie
10-22-2008, 11:10 AM
I like this video, didn't like the hammerhead video, it was way to mindfuck for punk imo.

brothadave79
10-22-2008, 11:19 AM
It's not bad, but I still don't know why it's a sort-of modernish looking city with skyscrapers yet people are dressed like they're from 19th century France. It's pretty weird.

But I TOTALLY understand magic golden guitars and green farm genies.

Smash_Returns
10-22-2008, 09:37 PM
I like it.

Lithuanian Offspring
10-22-2008, 09:39 PM

That is all.

Wow! Idiot much?

lost_nvrfound
10-22-2008, 10:40 PM
just in case this hadn't been spotted yet, they put up the unedited version of the video on offspringtv.

Alex101
10-22-2008, 10:57 PM
i like the video too

Me too. It's actually hilarious because of the character in the video is jamming with that guitar until it magically disappeared.

Rutegard
10-23-2008, 03:29 AM
just in case this hadn't been spotted yet, they put up the unedited version of the video on offspringtv.

good

i was wondering when will they do that...

clocks_R_slow
10-23-2008, 10:36 AM
i liked the video... wayyyy better than the hammerhead vid.
I just thought the whole concept was interesting and i liked the cinematography.:cool:

Stylie
10-23-2008, 03:51 PM

"This video is not available in your country." :(

iPunk247
10-23-2008, 09:45 PM
i dig it yo. especially on weed. like what a total trippy vid. nice one men and i am also quite indeed super duper excited for the kaydo one aswell as for the fourth one. just praying in hopes that this time they will appear in the vid ok.

danitanev
10-24-2008, 01:34 AM
Hi there! I just want to say it here one more time - I LOVE You're Gonna Go Far, Kid video! I LOVE The Offspring! :cool: