PDA

View Full Version : Interperating YGGFK (the song; not the video)

the Mota Boy
10-17-2008, 09:47 PM
Ok. Sorry if I'm lagging behind everybody here, but I was wondering if there was ever like an official statement by Dexter as to what YGGFK is talking about? If there isn't then what is the general concensus by the community that it is?

Budzy
10-17-2008, 11:04 PM
Well I haven't heard of anything 'official' so heres my interpretation:

The video is about a young person, just starting an important and public career, and is seen by everyone as someone very likeable and just, but actually lies and decieves people to his own advantage and advancement in his own life, with no regard of anyone else.

jacknife737
10-17-2008, 11:26 PM
Well, not to sound like a broken record, but there are already a few threads dedicated to this particular song.

My personal interpretation, is that the song is about a type of personality which seems to infect the political and corporate sphere, the type of person that will do/say anything to get ahead.

rlplaymaker
10-18-2008, 06:26 PM
Its about an individual who manipulates others to accomplish his own agenda. He sets a group of people off against another person or group of people to get what he wants. One may assume this is a leader, or the concept of leadership in general, the offspring are a punk band you know...lol. But then he'll do something to "help" when all hope is lost. ('And now you'll lead the way, show the light of day"). Great song though. Pretty popular around here too.

Show me how to lie
You’re getting better all the time
And turning all against the one
Is an art that’s hard to teach
Another clever word
Sets off an unsuspecting herd
And as you get back into line
A mob jumps to their feet

Now dance, fucker, dance
Man, he never had a chance
And no one even knew
It was really only you

And now you steal away
Take him out today
Nice work you did
You’re gonna go far, kid

With a thousand lies
And a good disguise
Hit ‘em right between the eyes
When you walk away
Nothing more to say
See the lightning in your eyes
See ‘em running for their lives

Slowly out of line
And drifting closer in your sights
So play it out I’m wide awake
It’s a scene about me
There’s something in your way
And now someone is gonna pay
And if you can’t get what you want
Well it’s all because of me

Now dance, fucker, dance
Man, I never had a chance
And no one even knew
It was really only you

And now you’ll lead the way
Show the light of day
Nice work you did
You’re gonna go far, kid
Trust, deceived!

With a thousand lies
And a good disguise
When you walk away
Nothing more to say

Now dance, fucker, dance
He never had a chance
And no one even knew
It was really only you

So dance, fucker, dance
I never had a chance
It was really only you

With a thousand lies
And a good disguise
When you walk away
Nothing more to say

Clever alibis
Lord of the flies
When you walk away
Nothing more to say

Camilamazed
10-18-2008, 07:20 PM
There is a brazilian saying that says "God only gives wings for those who do not know how to fly". So I think that the golden guitar represents a chance that has been given but the guy just didn'y knwo how to use it wisely.

If you notice at the part "trust, deceived" the angel or whatever that is looks rather angry.

So, even though the video looks cliched, I think it's basically saying we try and open ourselves to people but somehow they will end up disappointing us.

Free?
10-19-2008, 04:51 AM
If you notice at the part "trust, deceived" the angel or whatever that is looks rather angry.

At the moment of "Trust, deceived" farmer shows that he changed, the golden guitar was meant to make people happy, cure their diseases, the spirit/genie/fairy was happy about how things went before that moment. But after farmer took beads of cured girl the fairy sensed that something is going wrong.

Omni
10-19-2008, 06:05 AM
I always thought it'd make a good theme song for a sniper.

Stylie
10-19-2008, 06:07 AM
At the moment of "Trust, deceived" farmer shows that he changed, the golden guitar was meant to make people happy, cure their diseases, the spirit/genie/fairy was happy about how things went before that moment. But after farmer took beads of cured girl the fairy sensed that something is going wrong.

Really? You smartass. :D

TheOldMark
10-19-2008, 11:23 AM
my interpretation is its about Barack Obama.

KHWHD
10-19-2008, 11:30 AM

I LOL'd at that. I can see the song in a video game, like a first person shooter game. Now that would be cool.

rlplaymaker
10-19-2008, 06:56 PM
There is a brazilian saying that says "God only gives wings for those who do not know how to fly". So I think that the golden guitar represents a chance that has been given but the guy just didn'y knwo how to use it wisely.

So, even though the video looks cliched, I think it's basically saying we try and open ourselves to people but somehow they will end up disappointing us.

I thought this thread said the song, not the video....

Bipolar Bear
10-19-2008, 11:57 PM
I thought this thread said the song, not the video....

The instructions were too complicated you had to expect someone to fail.

Rutegard
10-20-2008, 04:18 AM

my interpretation is its about Barack Obama.

you guys are great

actually i can't decide which version i prefer, the sniper or the obama...

maybe we should put this together and mix a lil bit...what do u think about that?

like a game where u r a sniper and have to kill obama....or u r obama and have to kill the sniper, or even better, u r obama AND a sniper :D eheh

that would be cool

according to the lyrics of course :cool: