PDA

View Full Version : Please, what does it mean

Qildja
10-18-2008, 12:04 AM
Hi,

I've been listening to the first 4 songs of Rise and Fall and am wondering what the actual meaning it. I have more than two years of OIF time, and the songs could go either way... it makes me want to go back.

That being said, the video is a fucking Peyote trip that tells me nothing. Does anyone know what the meaning of these songs (minus YGGFK)?

V/R

Q

lost_nvrfound
10-18-2008, 12:14 AM
No one can know the meaning of the songs for sure, except Dexter. And I imagine that even he isn't always sure.

Is it really important what they "mean"?

I say this too often on these boards, but you need to find what it means to you. that is what is important. There are many threads in here about the same thing, and the only conclusion anyone can come to is that we all have our own different explanations.

I realize this is your first post. But I would really like for you to understand what I am saying. If you would like to see what other people think about what certain songs mean, give the search button a try. There are lots of posts and threads about such things.

Qildja
10-18-2008, 12:19 AM
Thank you for your reply!

Sorry, I have too many memories over there and friends who didn't come back. It's just that there is so much protest over it all, it's nice to find a song that I can at least interpret as supporting us.

I have to say, even though I was in a tier element most of the time this song hits a chord I can't let go. It seems to feel the actuality of it all.

Again, thank you!