PDA

View Full Version : The band is recording a video for Kristy song.

sbazzone
10-19-2008, 09:21 AM

Sofinch
10-19-2008, 09:24 AM
I knew it
I knew it
I knew it
maaaaaaaaan I think I've got a 6th sense :D
now this is going to be the best clip of RAFRAG believe me I'm already sure or my 6th sense is wrong
I can feel it

btw : sexy dexy on that pic.

Biggest offspring fan
10-19-2008, 09:27 AM
I knew it
I knew it
I knew it
now this is going to be the best clip of RAFRAG believe me I'm already sure or my 6th sense is wrong
I can feel it

I knew it to. And i think that this video is going to be the best.

mrs_hollandova
10-19-2008, 09:28 AM
O no, I dont like that song much... Hmm... :( Well...

the_real_potomek
10-19-2008, 09:29 AM
wooow, great:D I'm curious about how it will look:D

Free?
10-19-2008, 09:57 AM
wooow, great:D I'm curious about how it will look:D

There will be orange Dexter and band jamming for 4 minutes. Heaven on earth.

-L-
10-19-2008, 10:07 AM
This one MUST be the best clip of RAFRAG!!!!
If the band won't be in it, I will kill myself!

HeadAroundU
10-19-2008, 10:08 AM
Wow, great. It's in my top 4 on RFRG. I wonder what they'll do with it. They should hire some girl to play Kristy. This could be their best video. Great song, serious topic. I think that we will see them in the video.

Ryder1234
10-19-2008, 10:09 AM
Sweet!

But dont get your hopes up. It seems a little to early after the yggfk video.

Gustavo
10-19-2008, 10:15 AM
Well, let's hope the band will appear on this one! :)

bouncingcoles
10-19-2008, 10:15 AM

hahaha, lets hope they are in the video.....

dr.vanessa
10-19-2008, 10:17 AM

:Dhehehe me too:p:D

Sofinch
10-19-2008, 10:26 AM
:Dhehehe me too:p:D

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO don't do that Vanessa and -L- !!!
Message at The Offspring: "You guys better be sure that you're in the video or I'll come personally to you guys with my brothers baseballbat and some Hells Angels to beat the crap out of you!" :D

cool 2 hate 681
10-19-2008, 10:30 AM
here are all videos he directed

skybombers –“if you wanna be the one”

the bridges –“pieces”

bettye lavette –“talking old soldiers”

bad religion –“honest goodbye” HOW COME I NEVER KNEW THIS HAD A VIDEO:eek:

fear before the march of flames –“my deer hunter” (coming soon)

meg & dia –“roses”

mewithoutYou –“paper hanger”

the frames –“dream awake”

atmosphere –“national disgrace”

armor for sleep –“remember to feel real”

killswitch engage –“my curse”

cobra starship –“snakes on a plane (bring it)”

hoobastank –“inside of you”

in flames –“come clarity”

from http://www.lexhalaby.com/

dr.vanessa
10-19-2008, 10:30 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO don't do that Vanessa and -L- !!!
Message at The Offspring: "You guys better be sure that you're in the video or I'll come personally to you guys with my brothers baseballbat and some Hells Angels to beat the crap out of you!" :D

AAHAHAHAHAAA!!:Dyou're the BEST:D

-L-
10-19-2008, 10:36 AM
Message at The Offspring: "You guys better be sure that you're in the video or I'll come personally to you guys with my brothers baseballbat and some Hells Angels to beat the crap out of you!" :D[/QUOTE]

hehehhhe:D or they will go to prison because of manslaughter!

Stylie
10-19-2008, 11:06 AM
YEEES! Great, great, great news! Glad there will be at least 3 singles and videos on this album. Love it! :D

Lol, hah! I actually think the band will perform in this video, because of the song's strong meaning, and because they haven't done it on the other two. Plus, Dexter and the director is on the picture, so they clearly cooperate about this video.

So my thoughts is that the music video will be based on a pretty sad story (w/the girl "Kristy"), with the band playing in background/flashes. That would be great.

Hahah, I just gotta laugh. You girls... :p

ZeQuebecois
10-19-2008, 11:17 AM
Sweet!

But dont get your hopes up. It seems a little to early after the yggfk video.

Yeah I definatly agree with that. I think that if it's true, it won't come out before 2-3 months, but still if they're really shooting another video, then it's absolutly wonderful :D

lost_nvrfound
10-19-2008, 11:19 AM
I'm hoping this video will surprise me. I've seen lots of "girl abused as a child" videos. Hopefully this one will bring something new to the table. I'm excited to see

Stylie
10-19-2008, 11:30 AM
So after checking out his videos (http://www.lexhalaby.com/), I'm really positive. I like his style, it's very "clean" without any animations and stuff. In all of those 13 (14) videos I've seen on the site, only one video is without the band. In the other videos, the band is performing, with a plot going on.

So again, great news.
Re-listened to Kristy again now, and damn, it's a very beautifull song. It would fit perfect to those kinda videos that this dude makes. :)

the_real_potomek
10-19-2008, 11:33 AM

orange Dexter, why not:p I haven't seen him in orange version, but I'm sure he would be hot anyway:D

Greekoldfan
10-19-2008, 11:36 AM
i think it will come out on December, because it is a slow and serious song and it suits with December's feeling regarding its meaning and music.I'm sure that the band will be on it

Rooster
10-19-2008, 11:39 AM
I don't care even if a flashy pink Noodles would be in the video, as long as we actually see the band in it.

I'll start going to church again, if that's the price i have to pay for the band to be in the video...

Camilamazed
10-19-2008, 11:51 AM
Wow, I am very curious about it.

I actually wouldn't like to see the band particularly in this video. I think they would not belong in there.

Actually there would be only one way to see the band in this clip: The band playing in the background while the video happens around Kristy.

The Search Button
10-19-2008, 11:54 AM
The Offspring are masoquists.

With fans like this only a masoquist band would make videos.

Incoming video-hate-threads. Take cover!

Rooster
10-19-2008, 11:57 AM
Wow, I am very curious about it.

I actually wouldn't like to see the band particularly in this video. I think they would not belong in there.

Actually there would be only one way to see the band in this clip: The band playing in the background while the video happens around Kristy.

This would not be such a bad idea. Of course it has to have some story, but if the scenes would jump from the stroyline (like the scenes where a girl would play Kristy) back to the band playing it would be also great.

Thomas
10-19-2008, 12:11 PM
I think if the band is in this one, they probably shouldn't be playing, but just acting, kinda like they did in Da Hui. It would probably have more impact that way, it would satisfy everyone who wants the band in the video, and it wouldn't be something that's already been done a billion times by them before.

Rutegard
10-19-2008, 12:22 PM
I knew it
I knew it
I knew it
I can feel it

i don't really care about that song....but...well...i hope your sense is right cause i want a kickass video :D

Thomas
10-19-2008, 12:23 PM
I was kinda hoping this wouldn't be the next single, but i knew they would pick it because it's sure to be a monster hit. I just hope it's successful enough that they release a fourth single and make A Lot Like Me or Stuff is Messed Up a single with a video.

RonWelty
10-19-2008, 12:37 PM
I bet 5 euros/dollars in that we will have almost a video for every song!

Tijs
10-19-2008, 12:38 PM
I was really hoping for this song to be the next single. A side of the band you rarely see.

But how can the band be recording when they're in Japan? Kristy's Japanese?

Tijs
10-19-2008, 12:39 PM
You're on!

RonWelty
10-19-2008, 12:42 PM
You're on!

What's the odds sir?

F@ BANKZ
10-19-2008, 12:49 PM
I'd say about equal.

Jesus
10-19-2008, 12:51 PM
I was really hoping for this song to be the next single. A side of the band you rarely see.

But how can the band be recording when they're in Japan? Kristy's Japanese?
The video has already been shot. So they probably did it at the end of September. YGGFK was shot mid-september. Could be that they'll go for a dual release though.

YGGFK in the US
Kristy in Europe (because YGGFK is hardly promoted here)

If not then it'll be out late November I guess. For that December feeling thing someone already mentioned.

jacknife737
10-19-2008, 01:00 PM
I was kinda hoping this wouldn't be the next single, but i knew they would pick it because it's sure to be a monster hit. I just hope it's successful enough that they release a fourth single and make A Lot Like Me or Stuff is Messed Up a single with a video.

Oh i'm pretty sure it'll take off, the song does nothing but "scream single". And i'm pretty sure they'll be a forth one, my money would be on Stuff Is Messed Up or Nothingtown.

And remember guys, I know a lot of you were apprehensive about the band selecting Kristy as the next single, but keep in mind single does not always = "best song". I prefer Trust In You to Kristy, but i know it wouldn't do well as a single.

I'm also really excited that we'll get to see the band in the video. It's going to be interesting how closely the video follows the subject matter of the song.

Cock Joke
10-19-2008, 01:04 PM
All I can say is, don't get too excited because it probably won't be out within the next few months.

Blitzkrieg Bop
10-19-2008, 01:06 PM
What's the odds sir?

Very slim I would say :)

The video has already been shot. So they probably did it at the end of September. YGGFK was shot mid-september. Could be that they'll go for a dual release though.

YGGFK in the US
Kristy in Europe (because YGGFK is hardly promoted here)

If not then it'll be out late November I guess. For that December feeling thing someone already mentioned.

So basically, we are all back to 'soon' again. I love this waiting game :D

Jesus
10-19-2008, 01:08 PM
This is the first time since Americana that there will be 3 actual singles/videos for the album.

I'll die before admitting Million Miles Away was one (live video with studio audio wtf, didn't make the video collection either) and Da Hui was a fan thing.

Omni
10-19-2008, 01:12 PM
Oh i'm pretty sure it'll take off, the song does nothing but "scream single". And i'm pretty sure they'll be a forth one, my money would be on Stuff Is Messed Up or Nothingtown.

And remember guys, I know a lot of you were apprehensive about the band selecting Kristy as the next single, but keep in mind single does not always = "best song". I prefer Trust In You to Kristy, but i know it wouldn't do well as a single.

I'm also really excited that we'll get to see the band in the video. It's going to be interesting how closely the video follows the subject matter of the song.

Kristy was actually my favorite song on the album, personally. I've been crying for this since Hammerhead, but they picked YGGFK instead (turned out to be a good thing so far). As far as "screaming single" goes, well. Can't Repeat also screamed single, and it only peaked at #9. I say "only," even though #9 is pretty good, but Kristy should be at least #5 material.

And whoever said every song gets a video... eh. The most singles we've ever had from the Offspring was four, I think. Kristy will have to do well in order for them to get a fourth, but I'm hoping this is the album that gets them two #1s.

EDIT: I don't know how Million Miles Away bombed as a single, truthfully. I consider it to be quite an achievement. I know thats just my opinion and mine tend to be ass-backward, but it's just a good, piledriving song.

Rutegard
10-19-2008, 01:14 PM

yeah yeah....

curiosity kills me!

Omni
10-19-2008, 01:15 PM
I don't see how or why they'd make a video that "followed the story" like they did for YGGFK. look at Gone Away. It was a personal song, and it was just the band jamming with some light bulbs or something. Good video though. Hopefully KAYDO will be the same.

RonWelty
10-19-2008, 01:16 PM
I don't see how or why they'd make a video that "followed the story" like they did for YGGFK. look at Gone Away. It was a personal song, and it was just the band jamming with some light bulbs or something. Good video though. Hopefully KAYDO will be the same.

it's their best, in fact. IMO.

Tyler Durden
10-19-2008, 01:17 PM
I doubt Kristy will reach #5 on the Billboard 200.

-L-
10-19-2008, 01:17 PM
i don't care even if a flashy pink noodles would be in the video, as long as we actually see the band in it.

I'll start going to church again, if that's the price i have to pay for the band to be in the video...

hahhhahahhaaa lol :d

Omni
10-19-2008, 01:21 PM
Yeah, to be honest, I'm not sure anymore. I'm losing my confidence in being able to predict things like this. Even if you don't like the song much, you have to agree that it's more radio-friendly than Hammerhead. That's what releasing singles is about, being radio-friendly. Look at songs like Pretty Fly. They usually have one or two songs like that per album, it doesn't represent them as a band in the least, yet those are the catchiest ones, so they're released to the crowd. Hammerhead is a typical punkrocking song, yet look at these chart positions:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Offspring_discography

It beat out Pretty Fly, Self-Esteem (a legendary song), Gotta Get Away, I Choose, Want You Bad, Defy You, Can't Repeat, Head Around You, and tied Original Prankster. And almost all of those were more radio-friendly. I don't get what makes people decide to like some songs more, but I'm confident Kristy will reach the Top 10 at least, even if it doesn't quite push #5.

RonWelty
10-19-2008, 01:24 PM
Yeah, to be honest, I'm not sure anymore. I'm losing my confidence in being able to predict things like this. Even if you don't like the song much, you have to agree that it's more radio-friendly than Hammerhead. That's what releasing singles is about, being radio-friendly. Look at songs like Pretty Fly. They usually have one or two songs like that per album, it doesn't represent them as a band in the least, yet those are the catchiest ones, so they're released to the crowd. Hammerhead is a typical punkrocking song, yet look at these chart positions:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Offspring_discography

It beat out Pretty Fly, Self-Esteem (a legendary song), Gotta Get Away, I Choose, Want You Bad, Defy You, Can't Repeat, Head Around You, and tied Original Prankster. And almost all of those were more radio-friendly. I don't get what makes people decide to like some songs more, but I'm confident Kristy will reach the Top 10 at least, even if it doesn't quite push #5.
me too dude

Rutegard
10-19-2008, 01:31 PM
me too dude

me too ...........

bighead384
10-19-2008, 01:36 PM
In response to the thread title:

Damnit.

Omni
10-19-2008, 01:43 PM
Eh, I don't see why you gotta be so let down by it. It's a solid pick, even if it's not your first pick. I do hope Nothingtown also gets a chance.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
10-19-2008, 01:56 PM
Damn. Already?

YGGF,K was just released. Cool, though.

If there's a 4th single, it should be Nothingtown or A Lot Like Me.

Free?
10-19-2008, 01:59 PM
Imo band's presence in Kristy video would be less suitable than it could've been in HH or YGGFK ones. Oh well, what can I say... don't put too much hopes to see the band in it and they maybe will surprise you.
But again... a band performing song about abused girl mixed with the story of that girl doesn't look too promising to me. It's kinda delicate topic unlike previous RAFRAG singles, they can't go on it with humor or jammin too much. Well, at least I can assure you that you'll see no rotating pigs and golden guitar there :).

Redjie
10-19-2008, 02:01 PM
I'm not expecting the band to be on that video. Maaaybe, if they were like sitting down with acoustic guitarrs at some kind of depressing way. ah, whatever. Just waiting. Let's see what they will come up with.

RonWelty
10-19-2008, 02:09 PM
its a video like gone away. I bet another 5 euros on that. lol

bighead384
10-19-2008, 02:12 PM
Eh, I don't see why you gotta be so let down by it. It's a solid pick, even if it's not your first pick. I do hope Nothingtown also gets a chance.

I just don't like the song that much. And I really don't get why people are so positive it will be a huge hit. I mean, it'll probably crack the top 10 (which isn't really anything special for an Offspring single), but just because a song sounds radio friendly, has a simple format and simple melody doesn't mean everybody is going to eat it right up. To me, Kristy just doesn't have that special something that makes songs popular.

And am I insane, or does that song make you think of a little girl getting raped pretty much every time you listen to it?

Free?
10-19-2008, 02:13 PM
its a video like gone away. I bet another 5 euros on that. lol

Nooo, don't think so! The song is completely in different mood, it's a light one, not dark like Gone Away. I see it as a mini movie with playing actors and no visual effects at all.

And am I insane, or does that song make you think of a little girl getting raped pretty much every time you listen to it?
You ARE insane. That's pretty sick!

Redjie
10-19-2008, 02:14 PM

you're not insane :)

Stylie
10-19-2008, 02:15 PM

We will have almost a video for every song performed live.

Man, how do you know all these things? :p

This is the first time since Americana that there will be 3 actual singles/videos for the album.

Yes, it's awesome! This album is doing great, and they have chosen some serious good singles. Nice work ya did!

Imo band's presence in Kristy video would be less suitable than it could've been in HH or YGGFK ones.

I don't think so. I think it's equal. I can absolutely see this music video as a sad story about the girl Kristy, with the band playing depressingly in the background that flashes up some times, though the video is most focusing on the girl/plot. I really like this director's style too, it's not any animations and stuff, it's very clear.

HIP, HIP, HURRAY for The Offspring and their kickass album! :D

bighead384
10-19-2008, 02:17 PM
you're not insane :)

Haha, that's good to know. But yeah, that's not something I care to think about too often. And the whole "happy melody in a song about rape" thing...yeah, no thanks.

But hey, to each his own...it's catchy but I'm just not a big fan.

jacknife737
10-19-2008, 02:17 PM
I'm not expecting the band to be on that video.

If you check out the link in the first post, there is a picture of Dexter and the director with a caption "Offspring singer Dexter Holland and director Lex Halaby on the set...", so it's safe to say that the band, or at least Dexter will be in the video.

bighead384
10-19-2008, 02:18 PM
You ARE insane. That's pretty sick!

I'm not saying I play out the whole scene in my mind in graphic detail every time the song comes on, but the thought is there to some extent.

Redjie
10-19-2008, 02:18 PM
If you check out the link in the first post, there is a picture of Dexter and the director with a caption "Offspring singer Dexter Holland and director Lex Halaby on the set...", so it's safe to say that the band, or at least Dexter will be in the video.

Okay, let's hope that then. I'm not expecting anything anyway. I'm having a non-reaction moment or whatsoever.

Free?
10-19-2008, 02:20 PM
Kristy is about consequences, not getting raped. I see a sad girl when I'm listening the song.

Redjie
10-19-2008, 02:23 PM
I see a sad girl when I'm listening the song.

Yeah, a sad girl that has been raped and got psychological issues over that for her whole life. Cause her innocence was left behind, was taken too soon. I'm so not going to explain my feeling towards that song any longer :p.

Free?
10-19-2008, 02:26 PM
Yeah, a sad girl that has been raped and got psychological issues over that for her whole life. Cause her innocence was left behind, was taken too soon. I'm so not going to explain my feeling towards that song any longer :p.

Yes, but it's not equal to "that song make you think of a little girl getting raped".

Stylie
10-19-2008, 02:27 PM
Kristy is about consequences, not getting raped. I see a sad girl when I'm listening the song.

Yeah, sad girl.

Redjie
10-19-2008, 02:29 PM
Yes, but it's not equal to "that song make you think of a little girl getting raped".
Okay that's just a bad choice of words. I think it would be correct (for me) if we just say "it makes you think of a girl that got raped", cause it is kinda what the song makes you think. Not really picturing the raping scene in your mind.

ZeQuebecois
10-19-2008, 02:41 PM

Yes I agree with you, I'd also picture the band in the video, but playing in the background, maybe not in the first plan. I'd perfectly see a woman (main character) walking on the street of a huge city (with incidents and a story), and maybe we could see Dexter walking or leaning to a wall (or on a wall? srry for grammar) and singing. I'm not sure it's gonna be like that, but it'd fit well in my mind.:rolleyes:

randman21
10-19-2008, 03:20 PM
Mixed feelings on this one. Kristy is my least favorite song on the album, but I always thought it had the best potential for a great video (featuring the band or not). One good thing is that even the pop/top 40 radio station that I listen to will play this. Overall, I'm excited!

Also, I don't see why Dexter or another member doesn't direct another video. I Choose was great.

jacknife737
10-19-2008, 03:52 PM
Also, I don't see why Dexter or another member doesn't direct another video. I Choose was great.

Although I agree, I Choose is by far their best video; i think (based off a couple interviews/ commentary from the Complete Video Collection) that the experience was just too stressful, the guys just want to make music, not worry about stuff like that.

Cock Joke
10-19-2008, 04:07 PM
Here's my take on the upcoming video:

It won't be "garbage" by anyone's standards. This song was written from the bottom of Dexter's heart, so he'll make more sure than ever that it's great. He's gonna put so much thought into this video like he did the song.
The entire band will be in it. This falls into place with the song being written with heart. Because he put so much care into this song, he would want for the band to be in the video to show respect for the person this song's about.
The video will be much different from anything they've ever done. Most of their videos consist of them singing and a whole bunch of random stuff going on. Due to the serious subject of the song, I think the video is gonna be set up in a much less "crazy" way, like Self-Esteem or Meaning of Life. You know it ain't gonna be funny like Get A Job and Want You Bad. I imagine that stuff will be going on, but it won't be random stuff, there will be more thought put into it. I hope that makes sense 'cuz it was hard for me to explain this part.
The fans want to see them in these videos and we've all made that perfectly clear on this board. With those last two, they were just experimenting. They always do unpredictable things with their music and they're not gonna do the same sort of style over & over with videos, as they've always done something different, whether it be a little or way different, each time. I personally wasn't blown away by Hammerhead, but I do like it. YGGFK was a whole lot better, it just should have included the band then it would be even better than that! Again, though, if they've been reading the forums lately, then they'd know, "OK, we need to be in these videos!" Plus, Pete hasn't been in an Offspring vid yet so what the hell? C'mon!

Anyway, that's my prediction of what the outcome of the video is like. I hope it's coherent and all that.

Thomas
10-19-2008, 04:31 PM
Personally, I picture something in between the "re-done" version of Can't Repeat and She's Got Issues, except maybe a tiny bit darker. Then again, the videos for Hammerhead and YGGF,K were completely different than what I originally imagined, so I'm probably gonna be off on this one, too.

Also, did someone mention that the video was already shot? If so, then I think that's very good indication that they are nearly done planning their U.S. Tour. If the video is done already, then it can be released when they are on the road.

Tyler Durden
10-19-2008, 04:55 PM
I mean, it'll probably crack the top 10 (which isn't really anything special for an Offspring single)

Huh? None of their singles have even cracked the top 50.

Cock Joke
10-19-2008, 04:56 PM
Huh? None of their singles have even cracked the top 50.

Say whuuuuuuuh?

Tyler Durden
10-19-2008, 04:57 PM
Pretty Fly was only at #53...And that was their highest charting single.

Cock Joke
10-19-2008, 05:02 PM
But YGGFK's at #1 on Billboard and has been for a while, and their past singles have been in the top 10 for a good time.

Tyler Durden
10-19-2008, 05:24 PM
What billboard are you looking at? #1 right now is Womanizer by Britney Spears...The rest are songs by T.I, Katy Perry and the like. I don't understand where you're getting this from.

Thomas
10-19-2008, 05:26 PM
He's talking about the Modern Rock charts.

Tyler Durden
10-19-2008, 05:29 PM
Oh. The modern rock charts honestly don't really matter if you're talking about popularity.

jacknife737
10-19-2008, 05:33 PM
He's talking about the Modern Rock charts.

Which is the only one that really matters to a band like The Offspring. They don't get played on non-alt rock radio, hence they don't chart well on the 200.

Oh. The modern rock charts honestly don't really matter if you're talking about popularity.

People who listen to alt-rock radio are more likely to pick up an Offspring album, then say those who listen to radio stations that play top 40 stuff. Thus, those charts matter more to a band like the Offspring.

Cock Joke
10-19-2008, 05:43 PM
Oh, I see. Yea it's always gonna be some rapper or some pop singer/diva ranked on the #1 of all-time.

Dragnet
10-19-2008, 05:56 PM
Holy cow, not another video!!! :D

Conspiracyof1000
10-19-2008, 06:41 PM
Here's my take on the upcoming video:

It won't be "garbage" by anyone's standards. This song was written from the bottom of Dexter's heart, so he'll make more sure than ever that it's great. He's gonna put so much thought into this video like he did the song.
The entire band will be in it. This falls into place with the song being written with heart. Because he put so much care into this song, he would want for the band to be in the video to show respect for the person this song's about.
The video will be much different from anything they've ever done. Most of their videos consist of them singing and a whole bunch of random stuff going on. Due to the serious subject of the song, I think the video is gonna be set up in a much less "crazy" way, like Self-Esteem or Meaning of Life. You know it ain't gonna be funny like Get A Job and Want You Bad. I imagine that stuff will be going on, but it won't be random stuff, there will be more thought put into it. I hope that makes sense 'cuz it was hard for me to explain this part.
The fans want to see them in these videos and we've all made that perfectly clear on this board. With those last two, they were just experimenting. They always do unpredictable things with their music and they're not gonna do the same sort of style over & over with videos, as they've always done something different, whether it be a little or way different, each time. I personally wasn't blown away by Hammerhead, but I do like it. YGGFK was a whole lot better, it just should have included the band then it would be even better than that! Again, though, if they've been reading the forums lately, then they'd know, "OK, we need to be in these videos!" Plus, Pete hasn't been in an Offspring vid yet so what the hell? C'mon!

Anyway, that's my prediction of what the outcome of the video is like. I hope it's coherent and all that.

Pretty much my thoughts. I think this will be the best video (off RAFRAG) so far.

Ryder1234
10-19-2008, 07:41 PM
Pretty much my thoughts. I think this will be their best video ever.

Fixed .

Bipolar Bear
10-19-2008, 07:59 PM
Maybe the video will make me like the song more. Looking forward to this.

Smash punker
10-19-2008, 08:38 PM
Do Kristy in a Gone away style! :D

IamSam
10-19-2008, 10:21 PM
Seeing it has great visuals such as 'waves of time' it should show a girl standing by a river or the ocean with the camera having a high contrast blue filter on it.

My opinion. And Cock Joke actually hit my thoughts on the head too.

IamSam
10-19-2008, 11:15 PM
P.S.

Some deductive reasoning:

If this picture

http://www.videostatic.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/10/16/offspring_lex.jpg

is next to this paragraph

Offspring singer Dexter Holland and director Lex Halaby on the set...

which contains the line

on the set...

wouldn't you suppose the band would quite possibly be in the video (or have more involvement) with said wall of paper being said set?

cool 2 hate 681
10-20-2008, 12:01 AM
so i think stuff is messed up will be a radio single only like spare me the details was on splinter i really can't see columbia spending the money to shoot 4 music videos for rafrag

RonWelty
10-20-2008, 02:14 AM
so i think stuff is messed up will be a radio single only like spare me the details was on splinter i really can't see columbia spending the money to shoot 4 music videos for rafrag

why? Nowadays people buys singles not albuns. And you know that RAFRAG's singles are doing great.

Rutegard
10-20-2008, 02:42 AM

yeah maybe :)

why? Nowadays people buys singles not albuns. And you know that RAFRAG's singles are doing great.

well, considering the album's price nowadays.....i'd prefer to waste my money on albums rather on singles :p

Budzy
10-20-2008, 02:46 AM

Yeah same. I cant say I like the song that much but its great to hear The Offspring are really on the ball and already in the process of making another film clip (if that is correct). And its good to see that picture of Dexter and the director...that indicates they might actually put some though into this one! :D

RonWelty
10-20-2008, 03:17 AM
yeah maybe :)

well, considering the album's price nowadays.....i'd prefer to waste my money on albums rather on singles :p

i'm talking about average itunes/others users

Rutegard
10-20-2008, 03:51 AM
i'm talking about average itunes/others users

huuuum ok then :p

u won!!

(but just this time lol)

RonWelty
10-20-2008, 04:05 AM
huuuum ok then :p

u won!!

(but just this time lol)

No, it's like ALWAYS. And i make you laugh a lot, so respect the master :D.

Kidding

Rutegard
10-20-2008, 04:14 AM
No, it's like ALWAYS. And i make you laugh a lot, so respect the master :D.

Kidding

ehehehe :D :cool:

HeadAroundU
10-20-2008, 08:41 AM
Kristy is a musically superior song to TIY, which is a bunch of cool things glued together.

I'm really happy that the best songs off RFRG are being released as singles. I have my fingers crossed for A Lot Like Me and Stuff Is Messed Up.

He could be just co-directing the video. But I think that the band will appear in the video.

They certainly didn't shoot porn but with The Offspring you never know. :d

Archie182
10-20-2008, 09:06 AM
wanna see it!

renato piquette
10-20-2008, 07:45 PM
Oh no.....kristy is by far the worst song of the new album,it´s so happy punk,why??i mean any of "trust in you","half-truism","stuff is messed up" "takes me nowhere" or "a lot like me" wolud me muuuuuuuch better

renato piquette
10-20-2008, 07:49 PM
there will be orange dexter and band jamming for 4 minutes. Heaven on earth.

jeje,but what´s an "orange dexter"??

Thomas
10-20-2008, 07:53 PM
jeje,but what´s an "orange dexter"??

Watch the video for Can't Repeat.

IamSam
10-20-2008, 08:38 PM
Oh no.....kristy is by far the worst song of the new album,it´s so happy punk,why??i mean any of "trust in you","half-truism","stuff is messed up" "takes me nowhere" or "a lot like me" wolud me muuuuuuuch better

So the band isn't allowed to do 'happy punk'? They can't do songs such as One Fine Day, Bad Habit, or Me & My Old Lady.

And don't give me the pop-punk crap. They've been pop-punk for decades.

The label (Columbia) wants to be reborn and they decided to lean on The Offspring's new album to do so. Kristy fits the bill that the label wants, plus it is a good single. Trust In You/Takes Me Nowhere would get them Nowhere and A Lot Like Me sounds too much like Linkin Park for them to be comfortable with it being a single.

cool 2 hate 681
10-20-2008, 10:32 PM
Trust In You/Takes Me Nowhere would get them Nowhere

im not asking for takes me nowhere to be a single but please start playing it live it's really a great song

IamSam
10-20-2008, 10:58 PM
im not asking for takes me nowhere to be a single but please start playing it live it's really a great song

I'd love to hear it live as well.

Stylie
10-20-2008, 11:45 PM

They have played it once in Japan. ;)

Jesus
10-21-2008, 02:16 AM
Songs about molestation are happy punk.... wtf.

Rutegard
10-21-2008, 02:35 AM

yeah yeah!! and half truism also

Omni
10-21-2008, 02:49 AM

Not true. Today's rock which appears on the Modern and Mainstream Rock charts have just as big an audience as the pop/r&b/hip-hop bands that appear on the "Hot 100" or whatever they call it, and you don't ever see a rap artist topping the rock charts. It's a genre thing.

HeadAroundU
10-21-2008, 08:19 AM
A Lot Like Me sounds too much like Linkin Park for them to be comfortable with it being a single.
Oh, really? :D

Free?
10-21-2008, 08:52 AM

My thoughts exactly. I would call it rather sad song.

IamSam
10-21-2008, 08:53 AM
Oh, really? :D

Yeah yeah yeah. I know you make love to that song. Spare me the details.

EDIT: Oh lolz I am cool wit da song title dropping.

HeadAroundU
10-21-2008, 10:03 AM
It was very TheOldMark of you. :d

IamSam
10-21-2008, 10:10 AM
It was very TheOldMark of you. :d

Damn you. I failz.

Tyler Durden
10-21-2008, 01:00 PM
Not true. Today's rock which appears on the Modern and Mainstream Rock charts have just as big an audience as the pop/r&b/hip-hop bands that appear on the "Hot 100" or whatever they call it, and you don't ever see a rap artist topping the rock charts. It's a genre thing.

Not really. It's still possible for a rock band to top the Hot 100. Besides there is as separate chart for rap as well.

Ninty Man
10-21-2008, 01:30 PM
Not really. It's still possible for a rock band to top the Hot 100. Besides there is as separate chart for rap as well.

Ok, then Offspring should hire you as their new manager since you appear to know more about this shit

lost_nvrfound
10-21-2008, 02:11 PM
Tyler... you fail...

While it is true that rock can make it into the hot 100, the modern rock chart really tells you a lot more about where the band stands in the rock world. You can't really compare rock to hip hop/pop/rap/etc, so the hot 100 chart won't tell you a whole lot about where it stands in the rock community, which is what is really important. People into hiphop and country and other bad genres don't generally like the offspring and they're not going to, with the exception of pretty fly (which i am flat out shocked at its chart record considering how much play it got)

nieh
10-21-2008, 02:29 PM
People into hiphop and country and other bad genres

Can you name some other bad genres?

bighead384
10-21-2008, 03:31 PM
I just realized why I don't like Kristy that much. I don't like the backup vocals in the second and third choruses. They're out of place and they bother me.

Little things tick me off and I'm picky.

lost_nvrfound
10-21-2008, 05:40 PM
Can you name some other bad genres?

yes, yes i could. i wasn't seriously calling them bad. its all opinion

Tyler Durden
10-21-2008, 06:26 PM
Ok, then Offspring should hire you as their new manager since you appear to know more about this shit

Yeah but I never said I wanted them to be popular. That was other people.

RobinoZombie
10-21-2008, 06:42 PM
Yeah but I never said I wanted them to be popular. That was other people.

Kinda important to be popular enough to make the effort to record and tour.

or shall they just call it quits?

KrispyNotKrunchy
10-21-2008, 08:14 PM
I'm not a "slow-song" type of guy, but this song has serious potential - maybe not in the rock/punk world, but maybe the pop one. As bad as that sounds, lets compare this to Hoobastank's "The Reason" which is crazy slow and boring but was crazy successful and now everybody knows who Hoobastank is. I'm not necessarily saying I want the Offspring to become conformist mainstreemers, but a little success never hurt anybody.

As for the video, I don't think they'd have to try had to beat the other 2 RAFRAG music vids. Here are some guidelines:

1 - Put the band in the vid!
2 - Fully animated videos are lame
3 - Make the video at least vaguely related to the theme of the song (how a schoolyard fight in YGGFK turned into a farmer with a glowing guitar, I'll never know)
4 - Put the band in the vid!

nieh
10-21-2008, 08:58 PM
3 - Make the video at least vaguely related to the theme of the song (how a schoolyard fight in YGGFK turned into a farmer with a glowing guitar, I'll never know)

Because it was directed by the same guy that made this. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vs1DX32t38c)

jacknife737
10-21-2008, 09:19 PM

Well, i'm not Dexter, so i can't say for 100% certainty, but i'm quite sure that You're Gonna Go Far, Kid isn't about a school yard fight, in fact i feel as if the video is quite true to the underlying theme of the song.

lost_nvrfound
10-21-2008, 10:11 PM
Because it was directed by the same guy that made this. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vs1DX32t38c)

Well, if one could find nothing to say about him, they could at least say that his style is... distinctive....

Bipolar Bear
10-21-2008, 11:17 PM
I still think Fix You would do better as a fucking single.

NO because Fix You is in my opinion the worse song they've ever come up with, and it's not as catchy as Kristy, and well it just blows.

Budzy
10-21-2008, 11:56 PM
NO because Fix You is in my opinion the worse song they've ever come up with, and it's not as catchy as Kristy, and well it just blows.

Yep. But Kristy isn't much better though.
But hey everyone else seems to like it so it should catch on alright.

Omni
10-22-2008, 02:04 AM
but a little success never hurt anybody.

Tell that to Kurt Cobain.

And about the Fix You song. Well... the thing that puts me off is Dexter is in his forties now, with a wife he's had since the dawn of time and a daughter in her late teens, and he's writing a song like that. I mean, really? Like seriously? I'm supposed to listen to this song and "get it?" It just screams filler to me.

randman21
10-22-2008, 02:43 AM
How the fuck is YGGFK about a school yard fight??

Clearly you're mentally handicapped.
Take notes. (http://www.offspring.com/forums/member.php?u=1127)

And about the Fix You song. Well... the thing that puts me off is Dexter is in his forties now, with a wife he's had since the dawn of time and a daughter in her late teens, and he's writing a song like that. I mean, really? Like seriously? I'm supposed to listen to this song and "get it?" It just screams filler to me.
Are you sure you don't mean "Nothingtown"? Part of the reason I didn't really like it at first was exactly what you just described. What 40-something-year-old you know talks like that? But, obviously, these songs are not pages out of Dexter's diary. I think they're written for people in those situations to relate to them. I love "Nothingtown" now, by the way.

Omni
10-22-2008, 02:46 AM
Take notes. (http://www.offspring.com/forums/member.php?u=1127)

Are you sure you don't mean "Nothingtown"? Part of the reason I didn't really like it at first was exactly what you just described. What 40-something-year-old you know talks like that? But, obviously, these songs are not pages out of Dexter's diary. I think they're written for people in those situations to relate to them. I love "Nothingtown" now, by the way.

The difference is songs like Nothingtown sound like they're written in a sort of hopeful or tongue-in-cheek way. Songs like Fix You always sound like they're heartfelt. That's just the way I feel, I wish I didn't. I'm sure I'd enjoy a lot more music if I didn't.

randman21
10-22-2008, 02:49 AM
I totally get your point now. I've just gained an affinity for overly sappy love songs this year, so I guess that explains me.

KHWHD
10-22-2008, 03:34 AM
Yep. But Kristy isn't much better though.
But hey everyone else seems to like it so it should catch on alright.

I think what a lot of people are missing is the point of the song and the meaning/words behind it. It is a VERY good song in my opinion.

Little_Miss_1565
10-22-2008, 06:26 AM
Am I the only one who really, really doesn't want this video to have anything to do with what the song is about? I think that would be beyond cheesy, and in this case, extremely awkward and uncomfortable to watch.

Very WTF. Jeezus christ.

Tyler, you seem to be operating under the false assumption that single sales are an indicator of a band's popularity, etc. They are not. No one buys singles anymore (and single track downloads from iTunes do not count as proper singles), and if you look at the actual sales numbers of things that make the singles charts, you can be #1 with 100 sold some weeks. Radio charts like the modern rock radio chart you scoffed at earlier in this thread are a much, much better indication.

cool 2 hate 681
10-22-2008, 06:43 AM
Am I the only one who really, really doesn't want this video to have anything to do with what the song is about? I think that would be beyond cheesy, and in this case, extremely awkward and uncomfortable to watch.

i agree no idea on how they are going to go with this one:confused:

but im sure dexter will come up with something good

Rutegard
10-22-2008, 07:06 AM
i agree no idea on how they are going to go with this one:confused:

yeah :D let's hope :D

Dexter_italy
10-22-2008, 07:06 AM
being the lyrics about rape doesn't mean you have to see it... you can show a girl with problems, some clues during the videos, it can be good and related to the lyrics without showing any abuse

ernesto88
10-22-2008, 07:08 AM
I think they should make a video of "stuff is messed up" with a disturbed man in a room destroying everything . next, he get out into the street beating of journalists, paparazis, models, humiliating politicians, and then finished with his attack of anger, he go to a park for relax and sit on a chair, or for play with children ...

i love this song:D

Little_Miss_1565
10-22-2008, 07:33 AM
being the lyrics about rape doesn't mean you have to see it... you can show a girl with problems, some clues during the videos, it can be good and related to the lyrics without showing any abuse

I'm fully aware. However, I think the more oblique and tangential the references to such things in the plot of the video, the better.

RazielSR
10-22-2008, 08:35 AM
This video is gonna be awesome for sure.

Somebody knows if there are rumors about more singles after this one?

HeadAroundU
10-22-2008, 09:07 AM
I imagine black and white video with a girl in a red dress.

Free?
10-22-2008, 09:13 AM

Kinda familiar color scheme :).

HeadAroundU
10-22-2008, 09:28 AM
HA! I didn't think about it.

Maybe, we will have animated Kristy from the RFRG cover. Everybody loves animated videos. :d :d :d

lost_nvrfound
10-22-2008, 09:39 AM
I'm fully aware. However, I think the more oblique and tangential the references to such things in the plot of the video, the better.

I totally agree! But mostly because there are so many videos where you've got the singer in the corner of the fore-ground, and in the background you've got the image of a little girl in a dismal looking little girl's room and sometimes she is just looking sadly towards the ground and other times she is trying to escape while some guy grabs her arm...

Case in point:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWapziQ2mAk

I LOVE that song, but I can't stand the video. I took the song to have a very different meaning originally. Still think of it in a different way, but this video...

EDIT: I'd rather have 4 minutes of orange Dexter anyday. And In Flames suck.

HeadAroundU
10-22-2008, 10:07 AM
Halaby has already used a girl with a red dress. I didn't know.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAfRW_RMK4M

jacknife737
10-22-2008, 10:35 AM
Are you sure you don't mean "Nothingtown"? Part of the reason I didn't really like it at first was exactly what you just described. What 40-something-year-old you know talks like that?

Oh, i'm pretty sure a someone who's forty could relate. Two words; Midlife Crisis

Offspring-Junkie
10-22-2008, 11:32 AM
I don't think they really do a "Kirsty" video. Would really surprise me. Is the album that successful?

Rutegard
10-22-2008, 12:07 PM

well, personnaly i'd like to see something like that

that would be cool, but too way dramatic! :p

Little_Miss_1565
10-22-2008, 12:08 PM
I don't think they really do a "Kirsty" video. Would really surprise me. Is the album that successful?

There's already been a picture of Dexter with the director on the set.

SaiKYoU
10-22-2008, 01:15 PM
recording??! with real persons??!

good news...

Stylie
10-22-2008, 01:38 PM

Of course he will. Dexter is a genius. ^^

Me thinks so 2!

brothadave79
10-22-2008, 03:45 PM

I wouldn't be surprised. Noodles said the track list was "twelve hits" back in the summer. "Stuff Is Messed Up" has already been getting (limited) radio play. At the very least, I'll bet the band is very open to the idea.

Jaded skies
10-22-2008, 04:12 PM
Glad to hear they're pushing the album....

When the album came out i would say this was the video i would want a video for the most, but now it kinda seems like not the best choice. Its a great song, but it seems more like a summer song to me...

Budzy
10-23-2008, 03:49 AM

Thats a great idea for the video.

selF_LexA
10-23-2008, 01:32 PM
I was gonna ask: if the video were to be black and white how could you tell if the dress was red? But yeah, i got it now:D

I hope it's not too depressing or sad, because the song has a happy vibe to it..even though it is about rape or something. So I want it to be in color. And it has to have a rainbow involved.

Rutegard
10-23-2008, 01:53 PM
I was gonna ask: if the video were to be black and white how could you tell if the dress was red? But yeah, i got it now:D

I hope it's not too depressing or sad, because the song has a happy vibe to it..even though it is about rape or something. So I want it to be in color. And it has to have a rainbow involved.

oh rainbow yeah :D and a treasure!!!

Davo
10-23-2008, 02:33 PM
I spotted this at the en.wiki
http://www.videostatic.com/vs/2008/week42/index.html#entry-57093245
( and then ctrlc+ctrlv at the italian one :rolleyes: )

so, are there other info?

Why Kristy? This isn't a good song.

HeadAroundU
10-23-2008, 02:40 PM

Yeah, it's a bit confusing. They would have to add a red colour somehow.

I wouldn't call it a happy vibe. It's hopeful.

Stylie
10-23-2008, 02:56 PM

Ever seen Sin City? ;)

selF_LexA
10-23-2008, 03:14 PM
Ever seen Sin City? ;)

Yeah, yeah i know;).
But still...I think it wouldn't go with the song. HAHA imagine Kristy in Sin City

Cock Joke
10-23-2008, 03:28 PM

oh rainbow yeah :D and a treasure!!!

And pirates!

selF_LexA
10-23-2008, 03:47 PM
And pirates!

I see how it would go if the video would be directed by us...

Cock Joke
10-23-2008, 03:48 PM
I see how it would go if the video would be directed by us...

Brilliant idea!!!

Stylie
10-23-2008, 03:54 PM
Yeah, yeah i know;).
But still...I think it wouldn't go with the song. HAHA imagine Kristy in Sin City

Nah, me neither. I can imagine me how the video is gonna be, and it's not black/white with a red-dressed girl, heh!
Hahahahh, yeah, Kristy in Sin City. wouldn't that be awesome!? (sarcastic) :D

selF_LexA
10-23-2008, 04:00 PM
Hahahahh, yeah, Kristy in Sin City. wouldn't that be awesome!? (sarcastic) :D

It would make me laugh...

Brilliant idea!!!

Yeah! Sure... I can already picture it...:D

medi01
11-15-2008, 05:38 AM
...is there aNy more news on the kristy video...there was like this mad rush of posting, but there seems to be nothing more about it:S

RonWelty
11-15-2008, 05:44 AM
because there isn't any news...

Aria
11-16-2008, 04:32 AM

Exactly! I was kinda disappointed when none of them were in YGGFK.
I hope this time round I'll get to see Dexy....... =D

F@ BANKZ
11-16-2008, 04:44 AM

Brilliant idea!!!

lol, it'd be at least 15 minutes long.

Budzy
11-16-2008, 04:49 AM
I found this description of the video.
Ill post it below the line if you want to read it.
__________________________________________________ ____
AHAHAHAHAHA U FELL FOR IT!

__________________________________________________ ____
Interesting eh?

cool 2 hate 681
11-17-2008, 01:13 PM
im not expecting anything great out of this one

bighead384
11-17-2008, 01:28 PM
We'll finally get to see Dexter again. But he won't be rocking out or anything. Cause the song is all serious and shit. Oh well.

Sofinch
11-17-2008, 01:33 PM
I wanna be Kristy in the video, I got dark hair and I want to kiss Dexter !!

Thomas
11-17-2008, 01:38 PM
I wanna be Kristy in the video, I got dark hair and I want to kiss Dexter !!

You have no clue what the song is about, do you?

Sofinch
11-17-2008, 01:45 PM
You have no clue what the song is about, do you?

No, just got a weird dream where I made the video-clip
and it was a great video =^D
It started when they where kids you could see a little dexter and a little girl playing and you could always see them grow up
and meanwhile you can see the band playing in a recording-studio
en than you can see headlights of a car and Dexter ends up alone
en on the end when they're in the recording studio done playing Noodles,Greg an Pete just left
and Kristy enters the room goes with her hand over Dexters shoulder gives him a kiss and dissapears
So if they cancel the videoproject here's my idea! :D

_Lost_
11-17-2008, 01:50 PM
lol, it'd be at least 15 minutes long.

if that short.

haha. that video would be all over the place. theres not one cohesive idea among us. lol. i can see it now. it'd be like an epic movie style music video that leaves everyone but us confused as heell

KyleW
11-18-2008, 04:03 AM
Right now I would even settle for another Million Miles Away style live video.

renato piquette
11-18-2008, 02:31 PM
Right now I would even settle for another Million Miles Away style live video.

after the last 2 videos,even that would be better....

Rutegard
12-01-2008, 10:32 AM
ya know everything kinda takes some time when we are talking bout the offspring right?...its the so famous by now "offspring time"

u better pull a chair..im gonna do the same :p

_Lost_
12-01-2008, 10:39 AM
ya know everything kinda takes some time when we are talking bout the offspring right?...its the so famous by now "offspring time"

u better pull a chair..im gonna do the same :p

you haven't already? you've been standing a long time!

Little_Miss_1565
12-01-2008, 03:50 PM
Guys...they have another big single to deal with right now. Let "You're Gonna Go Far, Kid" have its moment!

Cock Joke
12-01-2008, 03:52 PM
no news???

No, now you've just made me piss/cum my pants in false excitement.

F@ BANKZ
12-01-2008, 04:12 PM
no news???

The last I heard, a lot of people hated it.

Aion
12-01-2008, 04:25 PM
Good to know...Kristy's song is nice...
i don't really care wich song they release a video...
it's always good to see a new video...
(i didn't like the You're gonna go far kid video >.< AT ALL!)

IamSam
12-01-2008, 04:33 PM
Guys...they have another big single to deal with right now. Let "You're Gonna Go Far, Kid" have its moment!

Listen to the great one!

Rutegard
12-02-2008, 05:05 AM

indeed! u r right! what else can i say? this single has a lot to give yet!

killboybowerhead
12-02-2008, 02:27 PM
I have to admit. I am a bit fearful of this video. My premonitions till me it will be really lame. But then it is probably because I am not a fan of the song.

cool 2 hate 681
12-02-2008, 05:29 PM
so kroq is playing kristy now but looks like stuff is messed up will have no music video :(

i bet you soon we will see a promo cd of kristy are you doing ok