PDA

View Full Version : Zeitgeist: Addendum

OffspringHead
10-19-2008, 09:14 PM
I know that I've posted about the first Zeitgeist movie on this forum and got attacked for it because of what the movie discussed..... but I'll post about the second one now anyway just for anyone who may want to give Zeitgeist another chance.

This second Zeitgeist movie was not so much a Conspiracy Theory Film as most people argued about the first movie. It actually has a lot more fact behind its points which are mostly about debt, inflation, social imperfections, and environmentally friendly solutions (mostly the "Venus Project"). It has four parts. It gets into the Federal Reserve and how it creates nothing but debt. It jumps into economic hitmen. Then jumps into the Venus Project, then the final part discusses many many things about the imperfections of humanity and how we can actually do something about debt, hard labor, pollution, corruption and war.

This movie I believe can be a lot more socially acceptable than the first one just because it's not as raw as the first one was that just flat out said "Religion is fake, 9/11 was an inside job, the government is against us all, and big business is the only thing that matters to the people that govern you". Addendum contained solid facts (even saying many things I've learned in my college economics class).

So maybe the people who were quick to judge the first movie could try to watch this one if you're interested at all about any of the things I mentioned it contained. Though it does have small clips that claimed religion, terrorism and 9/11 to be fake, they are very short and aren't the point of the film.

If at all interested: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7065205277695921912

EDIT- To those who actually did argue with me for DAYS about the first Zeitgeist, I will let you know I no longer believe that 9/11 is a conspiracy anymore. I was an idiot for thinking that. Some parts of the first Zeitgeist I still believe in but not full blown like I used to.

jacknife737
10-19-2008, 09:24 PM
meh 10 characters

ninthlayer
10-19-2008, 09:28 PM
born2diiieeeeeeeeee

H1T_That
10-20-2008, 04:56 AM
tl;dr.

offsrx
12-10-2009, 04:20 PM
I still belive that 9/11 is inside job, but Zeitgeist Addenum gave me something 2 belive in. I mean it is much better movie, and has some kind of message, and they are actually gathering ppl (on face book their group has about 300 000 members), and they have made march 13th(I think) a ZEITGEIST day. In 2010 They will be protesting on next Zeitgeist day(4 abolishing money, war, etc.), and we hope it will be bigger and better this year. If anything serious ever happends about that, I'll give it heavy support. I hope.

jacknife737
12-10-2009, 04:23 PM
You're an idiot.

wheelchairman
12-10-2009, 05:43 PM
People didn't attack you, they just proved you wrong. I think its fairly well known that people will just believe what they want to believe, doesn't matter if the evidence or source is flimsy as fuck. It's too bad Mota Boy isn't still here, so in this case I'll just quote his first post from the Zeitgeist thread:

The thing about conspiracy theories is that they're inherently unfalsifiable. Anything that doesn't vibe with a theorists story is easily explained away as something "they" want you to believe or just something the poor fool who can't see the "truth" wants to believe (or, worse, are a part of it, a la Popular Mechanics).

Also, you end up missing the forest for the trees. Conspiracy theorists will throw around the melting point of steel, or... uh, reconstructive surgery performed on people who were in the basement of the building(?) but they can't explain why on Earth the government would crash three airplanes while inexplicably making the fourth one disappear and replacing it with a missile which they then claimed was actually an airplane, then plant explosives to *really* bring down a target, housing some of the most powerful and best-connected individuals in the nation instead of just using the airplanes they went to the trouble of stealing and remotely-guiding into the towers (because, apparently, Americans wouldn't be outraged enough if terrorists "only" hijacked and crashed four airplanes and killed, say, two, two and a half thousand people [the fire would have climbed and burnt to death all those trapped above regardless of whether or not the towers collapsed]), THEN set it all up to frame a bunch of Saudi Arabians, who are our close allies, so that over a year later once everyone had begun to calm down, they could make a series of incredibly shoddy, circumspect or just transparently false claims to vaguely connect the people involved to Iraq, the invasion and subsequent occupation of which has demonstrated a cringe-worthy lack of foresight and organizational ability for people able to mastermind the murder of three thousand individuals in plain sight and manage to keep a secret from everyone except some French guy and a high-schooler on the internet.

Oh no, but puffs of air came out of a building when it collapsed on itself! And my explanations don't sound (to you) as convincing! Therefore you *must* be right. Forest for the trees, bro.

What I find really strange, however, is how over the years the conspiracy subculture, like the collapsing towers, has only falling deeper inward upon itself and billowed out from its original mission - it's no longer "just" 9/11, now it's the Federal Reserve and London and Madrid and... it's an alternate explanation for everything that's sucking some people in until they're trapped in their own version of reality, where the world is neat and explainable and controlled by a small group of people. It's comforting in a way - reality is big and messy and often hard to understand. Major fucking landmarks just don't disappear one morning along with everyone inside. It's weird and difficult to wrap your head around (in the immediate aftermath of the incident there was a collective shock, in the months afterward there were spontaneous bursts of fear as people assumed that this was the new way the world was going to work - a large-scale attack every month, or at Christmas, or on Ramadan or...), blaming it all on the careful orchestrations of a small group of people you can see and know folds all these events under a single, simpler narrative, gives us an enemy with whom we are familiar, makes everything smaller and easier to understand. And once you've committed yourself to that position, the more "facts" you accrue, the harder it is to break out from it. They all back each other up, and it's that much harder to shift your perspective on all of them. You become stuck in this explanation, and as it's all inherently unfalsifiable, it's very difficult to be shocked into getting out of it. Even al Qaeda, releasing an audiotape accusing Iran of spreading 9/11 conspiracy theories to undermine them, doesn't work at this point. Now al Qaeda's in on it too.

The truth is, in some ways, even scarier than the fiction - the world is messy and complicated and it's so damn big and interwoven at this point that nobody actually knows what's going on. Take the subprime mortgage crisis: an entire INDUSTRY, filled with the world's experts in finance and economics (though I think economics is a fundamentally flawed "science"), led itself into actions which have lost it vast amounts of wealth. Pretending that there are puppet-masters behind the scenes that secretly meant to destroy the Towers and the housing market is one way of making sense of it all... but it ain't the right one, just the easy one.

/The fun is when you get to have this conversation with a room full of French 9/11 deniers while drunk at four a.m.

offsrx
12-10-2009, 07:19 PM
People didn't attack you, they just proved you wrong. I think its fairly well known that people will just believe what they want to believe, doesn't matter if the evidence or source is flimsy as fuck. It's too bad Mota Boy isn't still here, so in this case I'll just quote his first post from the Zeitgeist thread:

Okay, I'll read hole post tomorrow, now i have read only few things cause i have 2 go 2 sleep.
Well, I don't think it's a conspiracy theory vortex that ppl are using 2 explain everything that they got bothered, I just belive in what's logical. And I'm pretty shure that US did an invasion on Iraq in '90. Then they did 9/11 inside job because of an excuse 4 another attack on Iraq. because of Oil. Texas has drained it's oil, but in that part of Asia (Afghanistan, Iraq etc..), you can barley get any water from ground, because there is oil everywhere. I don't think that US want 2 be a justice contry so they could "stop radical islam terrorists", because US have thrown bombs on my contry in '90 without asking UN for license for that act. They just did it because other side were lobby-ing and, US goverment loooooves money. And they want 2 be and 2 stay biggest force on planet so that they could do whatever they want. I'm not trying to offend any fellow American(cause I very respect American citizens, culture etc. ), but I'm trying 2 say that I just Hate US foreign politics, and the way they treat whole world as their property.
As for 9/11, if I Hijacked airplane, and have tried to ram it down in any American building, I'd be fried in a square of a second, as I'd be getting closer to American Continent. Because I belive that US have best and most expencive weaponary and military force in world ("24h" is just a TV show, but it has something truthful). And I don't think that anyone can screw their radars that much as it had happend 9/11. It's just bull shit. And US's money fund is always being invested in military projects, because they want to be "world police". And also since they have all ammunition power, they can then be richest nation. And since capitalistic system is such a cancer, they must "steal on legal way" from others, so that they could be once again richest, and 2 have world domination. that's enough 4 tonight :P

jacknife737
12-10-2009, 07:33 PM
^ I almost replied to this post seriously; almost.

But on a factual note; in 2001, the U.S. air-defence system (ie NORAD) was a relic of the Cold War, designed to deal with Soviet bombers flying in from the arctic, not hijacked airliners. It's not like the U.S. has laser-firing robots that can blow up anything in the sky at will.

Thomas
12-10-2009, 09:22 PM
tl;dr.

+1

I still belive that 9/11 is inside job, but Zeitgeist Addenum gave me something 2 belive in. I mean it is much better movie, and has some kind of message, and they are actually gathering ppl (on face book their group has about 300 000 members), and they have made march 13th(I think) a ZEITGEIST day. In 2010 They will be protesting on next Zeitgeist day(4 abolishing money, war, etc.), and we hope it will be bigger and better this year. If anything serious ever happends about that, I'll give it heavy support. I hope.

I lol'd.

jacknife737
12-10-2009, 09:58 PM
Ha! I totally missed that one; i quite enjoyed his reference to 24, though.

Vera
12-10-2009, 11:21 PM
Nobody cares. Are they still citing facts one can refute by googling shit?

offsrx
12-11-2009, 03:56 AM
^ I almost replied to this post seriously; almost.

But on a factual note; in 2001, the U.S. air-defence system (ie NORAD) was a relic of the Cold War, designed to deal with Soviet bombers flying in from the arctic, not hijacked airliners. It's not like the U.S. has laser-firing robots that can blow up anything in the sky at will.

That's bullshit. I just have said and I'm pretty shure that they have THE BEST MILITARY EQUIPMENT, AND MOST MODERN WEPONS, because a lot of money is invested in developing such things. And They did have had radars that can detect unidentified flying misguided objects.
Korea has best weapon of mass destruction though.

Rooster
12-11-2009, 04:07 AM
And They have scylla also.

IamSam
12-11-2009, 06:00 AM

This. Think of it as you're a single cop on the border between Mexico and the US looking for a semi full of illegal immigrants. It's gonna be damn hard to do because of the volume of traffic involved.

offsrx
12-11-2009, 07:15 AM
This. Think of it as you're a single cop on the border between Mexico and the US looking for a semi full of illegal immigrants. It's gonna be damn hard to do because of the volume of traffic involved.

Dude. Radars. Detection whatefer tha fuck things. It is not simply possible to one terrorist who hijacked civil aeroplane, to simply go over continent, and just like that, crush it in building. And another one in another building. And another one in pentagon. That's ridiculous. They have those commands, and a reqest for flying over somewhere. if a plane is not flying on a path it should be, and if he does not respond on earth requests, then that plane gets rocket launcher in its ass by another plane. I mean, is that US or some shitty lame ass contry with shitty military mumbo jumbo? Come on!??

IamSam
12-11-2009, 07:35 AM
A man is approaching you on the street. He is in business clothing and looks like a nice chap. All of a sudden he punches you in the face.

Did you have any warning? No. No you did not. Nor could you tell that he was a threat.

Treating every commercial airliner as if it is a terrorist threat is like treating everything you put in your mouth as a carcinogen. Sure, cigarettes cause cancer, but do pears?

SåS
12-15-2009, 02:42 AM
this thead sucks, i thought this was about the smashing pumpkins

offsrx
12-28-2009, 07:11 PM
this thead sucks, i thought this was about the smashing pumpkins

hahahahah yeah, i've seen that Smashing Pumpkins have album title "Zetigeist"..
But anyways, is here anyone on forums who supports Zeitgeist Addenumm's uthopia?