PDA

View Full Version : YGGFK Video Poll

RageAndLov
10-20-2008, 09:40 AM
Ok, I have seen on this board that not everyone is happy about the new video, and I just wonder if fans in general like this video or not.

mrs_hollandova
10-20-2008, 09:43 AM
There are milion threads about this video already...

RageAndLov
10-20-2008, 09:46 AM
I personally like it. It's a good music video, not a great one.
What I like about this video is that the angel feels bad about that farmer, and gives him this amazing guitar. First he walks around and bring happiness to everybody, but afterwards he understands that he can make money off it, and begins to bring happiness for his own sake. Then the angel takes away the guitar from him, and sends him to what would seem to be Hell(?)

Anyway, I think the video shows what the song is all about, and I think that is what every video should do!

RageAndLov
10-20-2008, 09:47 AM
There are milion threads about this video already...

yeah, but not a poll where you can see if the majority likes the video or not

Stylie
10-20-2008, 10:29 AM
yeah, but not a poll where you can see if the majority likes the video or not

Exactly. It's just a poll about "Hammerhead vs YGGF,K music video", not "Do you like the YGGF,K video?".

So! After first view I was a bit sceptical, thought it was weird but kinda cool. But after seeing it several times, I really really really like it! :D
It's something completely different than The Offspring have done before, and I like the style. The only minus is that the band isn't in the video, but of course I respect that they won't.

And I think it's a lot better than the Hammerhead one. 98% of the board had negative meaning about Hammerhead, which is quite understandfull. "Rotating pigs with guns" - lol? The animation was very poor, and quite hard to understand the meaning. YGGF,K is a lot more clearer and have real people in, opposite to Hammerhead that was 100% animation.

After what I've seen, it's very splitted meanings/feelings about the YGGF,K music video, so I guess the poll will end about 50/50.

dr.vanessa
10-20-2008, 10:47 AM
personally i ADORE it!it's like a meaningfull symbolic fary tail wich in my opinion is great!it moves me really..:):)

Jesus
10-20-2008, 10:47 AM
Your poll options suck. You should have just made the option between 'like' and 'don't like' the video. If one doesn't like the video, it doesn't mean they think it sucks (which is much harsher than not liking it).

Rutegard
10-20-2008, 11:01 AM
it does not suck

Stylie
10-20-2008, 11:05 AM
Your poll options suck. You should have just made the option between 'like' and 'don't like' the video. If one doesn't like the video, it doesn't mean they think it sucks (which is much harsher than not liking it).

True. But he can change that, right?

Anyway. The meaning of this poll was to see if we like it or not, so if you like it you vote 'yes', if no you vote 'no it sucks'. But I understand what you mean. as said; isn't it a way to change it?

Trek
10-20-2008, 11:09 AM
Well sry, but I think the video sucks, no drums, no band, no electrical guitar, no lies, no offspring signs, no cool clothes on people, no cool haircuts, no straight emotions, the colours suck and no kids on the video(where is the kid??).

I hope i wont get banned from this forum for that. -.- And they will make a better video or choose some of the videos made by fans to represent it.

RageAndLov
10-20-2008, 01:45 PM

don't take everything so litteraly. i know some people don't like the video nor hate it, but it is really a yes/no question :)

Desperado
10-20-2008, 01:49 PM

Oh, come on. Thread maker is just adding a little color.

renato piquette
10-20-2008, 01:50 PM
Exactly. It's just a poll about "Hammerhead vs YGGF,K music video", not "Do you like the YGGF,K video?".

So! After first view I was a bit sceptical, thought it was weird but kinda cool. But after seeing it several times, I really really really like it! :D
It's something completely different than The Offspring have done before, and I like the style. The only minus is that the band isn't in the video, but of course I respect that they won't.

And I think it's a lot better than the Hammerhead one. 98% of the board had negative meaning about Hammerhead, which is quite understandfull. "Rotating pigs with guns" - lol? The animation was very poor, and quite hard to understand the meaning. YGGF,K is a lot more clearer and have real people in, opposite to Hammerhead that was 100% animation.

After what I've seen, it's very splitted meanings/feelings about the YGGF,K music video, so I guess the poll will end about 50/50.

the hammerhead video wasn´t hard to understand,is just an anti-war video

RageAndLov
10-20-2008, 01:53 PM
Oh, come on. Thread maker is just adding a little color.

Exactly...

Anka
10-20-2008, 02:01 PM
well, I like the video a lot, BUT it doesnt fit to the song for me

genocide_
10-20-2008, 02:04 PM
I like it very much. It has a good idea and it's nicely done. Much better than Hammerhead which I still don't understand fully.

Cock Joke
10-20-2008, 02:54 PM
I actually like it way better than I did the first time I saw it.

F@ BANKZ
10-20-2008, 02:57 PM
In my book, sucks is actually more lenient than dislike. The unlimate insult really comes when you say you hate something.

KHWHD
10-20-2008, 03:01 PM
I like it a lot. Not my favourite Offspring video, but I do like it.

Conspiracyof1000
10-20-2008, 07:13 PM
I like it very much. I watched it so many times. :p

Budzy
10-20-2008, 10:13 PM

I think the option we are looking for is...'It's Okay'.
And thats why I'm educated, so I can come up with fantastic ideas like that.

Stylie
10-20-2008, 10:42 PM
the hammerhead video wasn´t hard to understand,is just an anti-war video

Well yeah, but you know what I mean? It's much darker and so much weird symbolism. YGGFK is a lot more clearer. :)

I actually like it way better than I did the first time I saw it.

Me too. Now I digg it!

Thomas
10-20-2008, 10:50 PM
The video has gotten better every time I've watched it. 'tis quite good.

And the people who like the video nearly double the people who don't hate it. Not too shabby, especially considering the reaction before it was even released.