PDA

View Full Version : Questions to Offspring-experts!

dexter85
10-21-2008, 04:10 AM
I have some questions about three releases by The Offspring, and I hope some of you know the answers.

1: The reissued LP with I'll Be Waiting & Blackball from 1994.

a) How many copies were made?

2: The S/T LP from 1989.

a) The second pressing, the one released on Cargo Records, how many copies were made?

"The first pressing consisted of 3,000 copies on black vinyl, and features the original "Guitar Alien" front cover artwork by Marc Rude. The first pressing can be distinguished by only having one record company logo (Nemesis) on the jacket. Also, a double-sided lyric sheet is included with the album.

Subsequent pressings on Nemesis records had a Cargo Records logo on the sleeve in addition to the Nemesis logo."

b) Are there any differences between the two pressings?

3: The "They Were Born To Kill"-LP

b) What year was it released? I've read both 1986 and 1991.
c) Do you have any other bonus-info about this album?

Thanks very much for your help!

ad8
10-21-2008, 04:35 AM
c) Do you have any other bonus-info about this album?[/B]

Edit:
TWBTK was released in 1986. It includes early versions of the songs Out On Patrol and Jennifer Lost The War. Jennifer Lost The War is a bit slower than Jennifer Lost The War on S/T and Out On Patrol has a nice guitar solo in the beginning.
That's all I know. I'm 100% sure that holland25 can tell you the rest:D

Blackball_
10-21-2008, 05:26 AM
1a: 1000 in total. 500 with covers, 500 just sleeves. (as sidenote, ive only ever seen 2 just sleeves.. and literally dozens and dozens of ones with covers)

2a: no idea.. but ive seen way more nemesis than nemesis/cargo ones.
2b: no differance on the record.. just the back of the sleeve, also, im sure the cargo version didnt have lyricsheet. i had a sealed one with no lyrics, but ive seen some people sold with lyrics in it (and ive also seen a lot of people selling lyric sheet by themselves...)
[funfact:this also came out on cassette tape...]

3a: no idea. im not sure there is any way to tell.
3b: i always read 1991, but recently 198x has been popular. dont know for certain... just because the album came out in 89, doesnt mean a bootleg with some demos didnt come out later (to cash in on successes, etc... who would make a bootleg of a demo tape of some band thats never released an album.. thus i would guess it came out AFTER s/t...)
3c: available in ... red, black, purple & grey! also, the names of the albums on the born to kill are as they are on the album (none of this revelations / what are we heading for? nonsense) i dont know where these funnily-named demos got their names, but nobody has ever gave a good reason.

dexter85
10-21-2008, 05:32 AM
Thanks for your answers!

To: Blackball_

Are you sure there's only 1000 copies of the reissued LP? I was referring to the re-release from 1994 - not the one from 1987.

ad8
10-21-2008, 05:51 AM
3b: i always read 1991, but recently 198x has been popular. dont know for certain... just because the album came out in 89, doesnt mean a bootleg with some demos didnt come out later (to cash in on successes, etc... who would make a bootleg of a demo tape of some band thats never released an album.. thus i would guess it came out AFTER s/t...)
3c: available in ... red, black, purple & grey! also, the names of the albums on the born to kill are as they are on the album (none of this revelations / what are we heading for? nonsense) i dont know where these funnily-named demos got their names, but nobody has ever gave a good reason.
Hm... you're right about the names... but I am pretty sure that TWBTK was released in 198x, because in the San Berubin '87 video, they play the intro solo of Out On Patrol, which wasn't there anymore on S/T.

Blackball_
10-21-2008, 07:14 AM
Hm... you're right about the names... but I am pretty sure that TWBTK was released in 198x, because in the San Berubin '87 video, they play the intro solo of Out On Patrol, which wasn't there anymore on S/T.

hello. yes it was recorded (the songs were on a 4 track tape..) but the 'they were born to kill' in all its glory as we know now it must have came out after S/T...

@dexter85.. sorry, i thought you meant ill be waiting original. i do not know how many of the reissues there were, ditto for the baghdad reissue. :cool:

holland25
10-21-2008, 11:59 PM
I have some questions about three releases by The Offspring, and I hope some of you know the answers.

1: The reissued LP with I'll Be Waiting & Blackball from 1994.

3: The "They Were Born To Kill"-LP

c) Do you have any other bonus-info about this album?

1. 3000
3. Released slightly after S/T, so 1991 would be my choice. It is a bootleg consisting from side B of Tehran demo cassette released in 1988