PDA

View Full Version : So The Offspring have another ska-type song in them?

one hundred punks
10-23-2008, 06:20 AM
Been jammin Don't Pick It Up lately and no I don't care if it is not TRUPUNXSKA!!!111.It would be cool to hear another song like this from the boys.What do you think?

randman21
10-23-2008, 06:27 AM
I pretty much got my ska fix in "Let's Hear it for Rock Bottom". It would be nice to hear another full-fledged ska ditty though, as long it was more like "What Happened to You" than "Don't Pick it Up".

Rutegard
10-23-2008, 07:02 AM
LHIFRB has a cool ska vibe :D i like it

rlplaymaker
10-23-2008, 11:34 AM
The new sound that the Offspring have going on is great, I love it. But it seems with Splinter and Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace that they have lost that " So Cal" theme in their songs. I don't know if you guys get the jist of what I am saying, but as for Let's Hear it for Rock Bottom, that song kinda had that sound again. Reminded me of their old music. I love the progression of their music, but I am looking forward to hearing some of that old Old School Beach kinda feel in their new songs in the future. But this album is kick ass!

medi01
10-23-2008, 12:46 PM
i like don't pick it up, but then i like all offspring songs so i don't think it's that good.

i think LHIFR was best as it had ska as well as a normal 'offspring' sound to it:D

Cock Joke
10-23-2008, 02:49 PM
Rock Bottom is incredibly underrated so far. It has to become a single after Half-Truism!

jacknife737
10-23-2008, 02:55 PM
I too would love to here another ska-influenced track by the band. Although something definitely more along the lines of Don't Pick it Up then Worst Hangover Ever. I just love upstroke guitar riffs so much. I was pleasantly surprised to hear that Rock Bottom had that slight ska influence.

pickituppickituppickituppickituppickitup

Jojan
10-23-2008, 04:17 PM
What Happend To You?, Don't Pick It Up and The Worst Hangover Ever are all great songs. So more ska songs might not do any harm.

SyLeS
10-23-2008, 04:29 PM
The new sound that the Offspring have going on is great, I love it. But it seems with Splinter and Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace that they have lost that " So Cal" theme in their songs. I don't know if you guys get the jist of what I am saying, but as for Let's Hear it for Rock Bottom, that song kinda had that sound again. Reminded me of their old music. I love the progression of their music, but I am looking forward to hearing some of that old Old School Beach kinda feel in their new songs in the future. But this album is kick ass!

i know what you mean, and you're right LHIFRB has that kind of SoCal sound to it. We just need more songs like that..

renato piquette
10-24-2008, 04:06 PM
kick him when hes down is a little darker,but it also has that ska vibe

Free?
10-24-2008, 04:48 PM
Hmmm... What about Whydontyougetajob? To me it has far more of ska than kickhimwhenhesdown.
I agree, easy-to-sing-along slower songs with humor are cool.