PDA

View Full Version : new pete parada myspace blog

cool 2 hate 681
10-24-2008, 09:31 PM
from http://www.myspace.com/peteparada

donít point that cattle gun at me!

so, we're getting ready to go onstage in madrid recently, and i look over my shoulder and Javier Bardem is standing there. you may know him as the killer with the cattle gun from the award winning performance he gave in the movie "No Country For Old Men". i'm instantly terrified that if my performance is anything less than stellar, he will come off the side of the stage with his gun, call me "friend-o", and put a hole in my forehead. good times. so, the show starts good enough. everything is going fine accept that my drum throne breaks its hinge at the start of our second song. now my whole body is hovering around in the air and i'm just trying to get through the song without falling over. when it ends, i look over to see where Javier is and if he's loading the airpump. but he's cool, just gives me a nod, but i can tell: he's watching me closely and wants no more shenanigans. we get a new throne and on we go. running smoothly again, i think i almost see him smiling during "come out and play". then during our fifth song, the power goes out. the whole show stops for about ten minutes while they get it back on. i check Javier frequently. he seems ok with the fact that it's not my fault, but his patience is wearing thin. someone gives him a new beer. that seems to help. finally, we start playing again. three songs later, the power goes out again. this time i pretty much figure he's coming for me. at best, he will flip a coin to decide my fate. but, he's all smiles, just happy to be at the show with his friends, rocking out. after our set, i race back to the dressing room to get my camera, hoping for a picture with him. i figure he will be onstage for rage against the machine, but he's not. i guess he's just an offspring fan. i was bummed about the missed picture, but happy to survive to see another day.

Cock Joke
10-24-2008, 09:43 PM
All I gotta say is, "Whuuuuuuh?"

SK8rocka
10-24-2008, 09:53 PM
All I gotta say is, "Whuuuuuuh?"

yeah, its about time we get an update from the band, even if its from pete.

Redjie
10-25-2008, 02:45 AM
ah, cool ! so Pete is a Javier Bardem fan :p
He could be a writter, that indeed sounded like some action/horror/suspanse movie xD

jacknife737
10-25-2008, 02:54 AM
So Javier Bardem is an Offspring fan? Well that's pretty cool, i thought his performance in No Country was as terrifying as it was brilliant.

Nice to see an update from one of the members, they should post his stuff on the official site.

Rutegard
10-25-2008, 05:25 AM
So Javier Bardem is an Offspring fan? Well that's pretty cool, i thought his performance in No Country was as terrifying as it was brilliant.

Nice to see an update from one of the members, they should post his stuff on the official site.

yeah something like....endorsed by :D

SaiKYoU
10-25-2008, 07:58 AM
so this is about the show at Electric festival last may in Madrid... and Bardem was there as a VIP?!?

woah i didn't knew that...

nice coments about when teh power went out... it was Iggy Pop's fault, cuz he spent a lor of tiem in his concert kicking teh speakers and that...

Stylie
10-25-2008, 08:43 AM
Huh, didn't knew he had his own profile. Dexter, Noodles and Greg doesn't have that?
Anyway, cool to read this. :)

randman21
10-25-2008, 09:14 AM
I think Pete had his profile before he was even in the band. Cool story!

Dexter_italy
10-25-2008, 12:32 PM
Cool, as we already knew he's a huge fan of batman (so am I :D ) and he's a muse fan like me :D and a josh freese fan too...so he must be happy to play in a band wich has 2 albums with him on drums :D He drummed for the Buffy vampire slayer soundtrack! I love this man!