PDA

View Full Version : Fix You (Word Meanings)

Camilamazed
10-25-2008, 06:48 PM
I know the lyrics are pretty much obvious but still just wanted to make sure about two sentences.

1) The sharpest thorn on your vine

Does this sentence come from "the thorn on your side" (the expression)?
http://dictionary.cambridge.org/define.asp?key=82675&dict=CALD

2) twisting and turning as in toss and turn?

Many thanks.

Jojan
10-25-2008, 07:44 PM
1) A vine in a type of plant that can have thorns. The sharpest one would be the most intelligent one, or maybe the one who makes the most damage.

2) Not toss, but turning. Twist and turn would probably be synonyms in that expression. The thorn is turning to make more damage.

Camilamazed
10-25-2008, 07:53 PM
I see what you mean. I thought it differently but what you say makes more sense.

Thank you, mister!

=D

Free?
10-26-2008, 03:26 AM
I'd like to add that "Fix" doesn't mean to just heal (..repair damage..uhm), but to change certain things about person (those sharpest thorns). I think most of you already knew that, but it's like the main message of the song, so it better be told.

Camilamazed
10-26-2008, 10:25 AM
I'd like to add that "Fix" doesn't mean to just heal (..repair damage..uhm), but to change certain things about person (those sharpest thorns). I think most of you already knew that, but it's like the main message of the song, so it better be told.

You're right. Thanks!

nihaomani25
10-26-2008, 07:13 PM
do drop by to www.shop-foco.com look through the articles there. With information on anything from getting the cheapest shoes, you'll find something that helps you save a lot of money.
--
the cheapeast shoes
www.shop-foco.com
msn:shop-foco@hotmail.com
E-mail:shopfoco@gmail.com
Thank you for your E-mail and your order

KHWHD
10-26-2008, 07:32 PM
do drop by to www.shop-foco.com look through the articles there. With information on anything from getting the cheapest shoes, you'll find something that helps you save a lot of money.
--
the cheapeast shoes
www.shop-foco.com

What the fuck does shoes have to do with word meanings to a song?

Cock Joke
10-26-2008, 07:42 PM
--
the cheapeast shoes
www.shop-foco.com

Are you all like, one person or something?

Budzy
10-27-2008, 10:37 PM
Well I'm glad I scanned through this thread:

--
the cheapeast shoes
www.shop-foco.com

Shop fucker? original...I like it.

clocks_R_slow
10-29-2008, 07:53 AM
What the fuck does shoes have to do with word meanings to a song?

lol XD (my message was too short):cool: