PDA

View Full Version : Offspring tattoo

Amiralanal
10-25-2008, 07:06 PM
I've been thinking of getting an offspringtattoo for some time now. I just can't think of a nice motive. The flaming skull is out of the question for me, even though it serves as a official logo for the band.

Ive been thinking of some motives:

1. The boy on the swing on the cover of americana, or the whole cover itself.

2. The banner that simply says ''The offspring'' in red and white, used on the cover of americana.

3. Just ''The Offspring'' with the old font used on early releases such as Baghdad and S/t.

What do you think? Please add more suggestions.

Jojan
10-25-2008, 07:37 PM
The Americana kid tattoo and/or the old font.

Camilamazed
10-25-2008, 07:56 PM
The kid tattoo sounds cool. I guess I've never seen that tattoed before. Although I still believe the skull is the one that is obvious to the eyes.

=)

Cock Joke
10-25-2008, 08:04 PM
How about some Ixnay design? Or maybe the exploding statue head from Splinter?

Desperado
10-25-2008, 08:21 PM
Listen man, I understand you love this band, but I 99% guarantee that in ten or twenty years and say "why the FUCK did I do this". You might grow out of the band and not really like them anymore, and then what? And don't assume you'll like them forever; we assume things like that all the time and it never happens. So please just be LOGICAL and THINK about it.

Camilamazed
10-25-2008, 08:32 PM
Listen man, I understand you love this band, but I 99% guarantee that in ten or twenty years and say "why the FUCK did I do this". You might grow out of the band and not really like them anymore, and then what? And don't assume you'll like them forever; we assume things like that all the time and it never happens. So please just be LOGICAL and THINK about it.

I do not agree. I have a an Offspring tattoo because I want to remember the good times I had while being a fan. I may not be a fan in 10 years from now, but my good memories won't go away.

Cock Joke
10-25-2008, 08:36 PM
I'll always be an Offspring fan.

Desperado
10-25-2008, 08:37 PM

That's what I said about Pokemon when I was nine. That's what I said about spongebob when I was eleven.

Camilizaed: I understand. Never thought about that.

Camilamazed
10-25-2008, 08:58 PM
That's what I said about Pokemon when I was nine. That's what I said about spongebob when I was eleven.

Camilizaed: I understand. Never thought about that.

That's what I said when I was 14. Here I am, 14 years later and still a fan hehe.

=D

cool 2 hate 681
10-25-2008, 10:25 PM
the million miles away artwork would look cool

Motacam86
10-25-2008, 10:34 PM
The Ixnay artwork is pretty cool. That's would I would get. Between your choices, go for the old font. It also depends on where you're getting it.

Rag Doll
10-25-2008, 11:37 PM
i can't knock band-related tattoos (i have two myself...), but get something that isn't so blatantly band related. a favorite lyric, perhaps. or something that sort of symbolizes a song you like..

Budzy
10-26-2008, 01:46 AM

I wish that I could stop being a Poke'mon/Spongebob fan...I'm 16 years old and its starting to get embarrissing.

And...
I'd probablt get the simple flaming skull logo, because even if you don't like The Offspring later on, it still looks sick.

Biggest offspring fan
10-26-2008, 03:20 PM
I'd probablt get the simple flaming skull logo, because even if you don't like The Offspring later on, it still looks sick.

Agreed, been thinking on that for a while.

The smash artwork would be cool.

Beaker
10-26-2008, 03:26 PM
you can never grow out of the offspring!

i got my offspring tatoo when i was 15 and have never regreted it.
there are so many designs to pick from though, so pick the one that stands out best to you.

Kickdrum
10-26-2008, 03:50 PM
I wonder if Ron Welty regrets his tattoo???

Gayman
10-26-2008, 03:55 PM
I wish that I could stop being a Poke'mon/Spongebob fan...I'm 16 years old and its starting to get embarrissing.

Amen brother.....amen.

Vige
10-26-2008, 11:53 PM
You just can't compare such a things like Pokémon and The Offspring, that sounds stupid. I think I'm gonna get pikachu tattoo, just kidding! Have you seen my tattoo? Check this topic http://offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34796