PDA

View Full Version : Things you've done to advertise/defend The Offspring

SK8rocka
10-26-2008, 12:53 AM
yeah, got any storys

Heres mine:

I spray painted the offspring skull at a skatepark in another town and now ppl wanna bash me for it lol. :D :D :D

Edit:

I gave all my Mates copys of Americana and eventally every album.

One of my friends used to be into Hendrix and stuff and I showed him offspring.

Another friend also liked rap and shit and i showed him offspring and now he's punk.

All of my school books have offspring on em'

I quit the school band because they wouldn't play offspring..

On that note (hehe band humor) If anyone asks me to play guitar, I play offspring.

Budzy
10-26-2008, 01:38 AM
Look through peeps iPods and make sure they've got atleast the Offspring's essential songs, my whole myspace profile is practically dedicated to the Offspring, and if anyone bags them I just warn them not to step outside because God will smite them.

sbazzone
10-26-2008, 02:52 AM
editeditedit

randman21
10-26-2008, 03:10 AM
The Myspace thing, and opening the windows of my car when I'm playing Offspring so people can hear, as well as if a plumber or something comes to the house. I had planned on buying two copies of RAFRAG and just leaving one somewhere, letting serendipity take over. I haven't done it yet, though.

Anka
10-26-2008, 07:06 AM
I made my best friend a offspring fan, also another friend. then to my classmate I gave whole discography though she wanted only Hit that and TKAA, then to my sportmate. so I made at least 3 offspring fans. and then I had a speaking about dexter. my brother went with me to their show-and he regreted he stopped listening it. and I cant think of others... well, in my previous school I had their logo on my table:)

Sofinch
10-26-2008, 07:17 AM
I brought my drawingsmap of this year to school [wich is filled with The Offspring] and My schooldiary is 100% offspring :D
and I don't know how it comes but more and more people start calling me "Noodles" or "Offspringerke"

Anka
10-26-2008, 07:31 AM
I brought my drawingsmap of this year to school [wich is filled with The Offspring] and My schooldiary is 100% offspring :D
and I don't know how it comes but more and more people start calling me "Noodles" or "Offspringerke"

wow, cool I would love to be called those names:D

Rutegard
10-26-2008, 07:46 AM
I open the windows of my car when i'm playing offspring

I turned lots of my friends into offspring listeners

I gotta talk about some offspring stuff every day to someone (it dosen't really matter who)

when i go to record store i grab all offsrping albums and put them in the most visible spots

one time, I also argued a lot about what is punk/what is not, and i spent the whole time defending offspring (i left the other guy at a loss for words)

I can't stand bands that somehow mistreated or said bad things about offspring

I painted the offspring skull on my lab coat

when i go to concerts or festivals i dress myself as if i was sponsored by them LOL

some dudes used to call me "offspringer"

Sofinch
10-26-2008, 07:54 AM
I open the windows of my car when i'm playing offspring

I wish I already had a car or a drivers-licence :D

RonWelty
10-26-2008, 08:01 AM
I prevented Rutegard to know the exact address of Mr. Dexter Holland. She almost gave me 1.000$ dollars just for that info...

Dexter, you owe me.

the_real_potomek
10-26-2008, 08:03 AM
I let everyone know that Offspring is my favourite band
I try to defend Offspring when someone says sth bad or ungfair about them
I think I had influence on the fact that some people started listening to Offspring
I make some Offspring stuff like pictures or stripes, when I've got a time
I often wear Offspring shirts on the concerts
I always say only positive things about them:p
well, I generally try to be a good fan:D

Rutegard
10-26-2008, 08:09 AM
I prevented Rutegard to know the exact address of Mr. Dexter Holland. She almost gave me 1.000$ dollars just for that info...

Dexter, you owe me.

ahahah

and i also said i could provide sexual benefits...but he refused!!

go figure :p

and DAMN, 1.000 dollars?? i thought it was 10 thousand!! LOL

Rutegard
10-26-2008, 08:10 AM
I always say only positive things about them:p

me too, even if i think the other way around LOL

Grimesy da Offspringfan
10-27-2008, 03:12 AM
Well, i'm like some kinda Offspring missionary, i've turned a lot of people into fans :D

Camilamazed
10-27-2008, 05:42 AM
Well, I may not be a missionery and have people like them. But all of the people I know are aware that I like them so much and for a long time. People who did not know the band, now do. Even my dad.

It's amazing how he can tell Green day from the Offspring.:eek:

SK8rocka
10-31-2008, 12:23 AM
Well, I may not be a missionery and have people like them. But all of the people I know are aware that I like them so much and for a long time. People who did not know the band, now do. Even my dad.

It's amazing how he can tell Green day from the Offspring.:eek:

thats cool.

iPunk247
11-07-2008, 06:51 PM
i have yet to advertise 'em but i defend 'em with my bloody knockles and stuff such shit as don't fuck with my offspring because KARMA"S a BITCH!!! \m/ (>_<) \m/

Conspiracyof1000
11-08-2008, 12:22 AM
I turned a few of my friends into Offspring fans, I put the YGGFK video on my MySpace, I wear my Offspring shirt frequently, I'm always humming their songs...
And then there was the time right after RAFRAG was released where I took all the copies at Wal-Mart and put them over all the Hannah Montanah CDs in the Disney display stand. A clerk was staring right at me and did nothing.

Blackleave
11-08-2008, 01:02 AM
lol my dad likes green day and the offspring xD

when some people want music i also give them some offspring songs

well i think there are many people who did better things than me
but i will work on that ... and yeah some guy gave me a cd with offspring songs and now i love them xD ... he did well in getting new fans ;)

Rutegard
11-08-2008, 04:34 AM
i work at this place where kids make thir bday parties....i'm there to watch over them, and i also put the music on, basically it's kids' musics, but sometimes, you can hear some WDYGAJ? and YGGFK or pretty fly LOLOL

just in case :p

RonWelty
11-08-2008, 04:41 AM
i work at this place where kids make thir bday parties....i'm there to watch over them, and i also put the music on, basically it's kids' musics, but sometimes, you can hear some WDYGAJ? and YGGFK or pretty fly LOLOL

just in case :pi would love to see theirs mothers face when this line "dance fuckers dance" rolls on...

dr.vanessa
11-08-2008, 04:45 AM
ok when i was a high-school student i made some of my friends write on the blackboard ''THE OFFSPRING FOR EVER THE BEST OF ALL''every one hour(i couldn't on my own u know y...lol) i also made'em write ''THE OFFSPRING''and the names of the members on the wall...LOOOOOOOOOL:D:D:p:p

Free?
11-08-2008, 04:46 AM
i would love to see theirs mothers face when this line "dance fuckers dance" rolls on...

You would see dancing mothers. ;)
Don't forget that lyrics are in English, it's very unlikely that someone would pay much attention to them. It's moms and kids and birthday parties.

RonWelty
11-08-2008, 05:06 AM
Don't forget that lyrics are in English, it's very unlikely that someone would pay much attention to them. It's moms and kids and birthday parties.

yes i know, i was jocking. Here in Portugal most of people do not understand, in fact, what the lyrics say. They just sing: bla bla bla bla bla bla yes bla bla love bla bla bla yeahhh ...

Rutegard
11-08-2008, 05:34 AM

Well, exactly LOL

they are more like "oh my son is a start" than actually paying attention to the music, which is fine by me, i just want to mold youth minds AGHAHAAH this is a slow process, but in a few years, you will see the sucess of my experiment! we will have lots of kids SUDDENLY into the offspring!!!ahahah

B-Rad
11-08-2008, 03:34 PM
I wish I already had a car or a drivers-licence :D

Heh... When I get mine, I plan on blasting Bad Habit wherever I go.

That'll keep em outta my way :cool:

come out swinging
11-08-2008, 03:43 PM
When i drive around in my car i always have a window open and the volume on my cd player is on 18.

I say a lot parts from their lyrics to my friends and they are like thats good shit for a song.

Offspring CO1 logo tattoo on my back

Devoted my time to learn and record offspring songs

My friends called me a groupie of the offspring

Follow the band hair style.

Redjie
11-08-2008, 03:54 PM
my school, there is some king of radio station, & I guess somehow and unknown cd with some offspring songs managed to reach that stereo :p
I made people listen to Smash because I went to a party with the word "smash" written on my nails and everybody asked me why. The next week, lots of them went talking to me just to tell me how great the album was.

Conspiracyof1000
11-08-2008, 03:59 PM
I forgot about this one:
In the bathroom, one day I didn't feel like going back to class so I wrote all the band members, names of albums, songs, and stuff all over the walls. Fuun. :)

Blackleave
11-09-2008, 10:49 AM
they are more like "oh my son is a start" than actually paying attention to the music, which is fine by me, i just want to mold youth minds AGHAHAAH this is a slow process, but in a few years, you will see the sucess of my experiment! we will have lots of kids SUDDENLY into the offspring!!!ahahah

haha well it might work xD

the_real_potomek
11-10-2008, 01:59 PM
I forgot about this one:
In the bathroom, one day I didn't feel like going back to class so I wrote all the band members, names of albums, songs, and stuff all over the walls. Fuun. :)

I did similar thing:D I wrote many times Offspring on the wall in my bathroom:D

Cock Joke
11-10-2008, 02:58 PM
Blare Bad Habit out my car stereo while driving.

Reamwolf
06-19-2009, 11:22 PM
I randomly start talking about the Offspring to people I don't know. Most recently, I was talking to some women that are camp leaders at a christian Camp. Loved every second. XD

And I constantly have the Offspring on wherever I am.

Harleyquiiinn
06-20-2009, 01:12 AM
I secretely ordered all Offspring songs on Singstar online for a friend... then I gave him back the money... it's bad to use other people's credit cards... :o

Reamwolf
06-20-2009, 03:58 PM
I secretely ordered all Offspring songs on Singstar online for a friend... then I gave him back the money... it's bad to use other people's credit cards... :o

Hehe. Sounds like something I would want to do.

Today, I showed my band director The Cover of 'Next to You' and 'I want to be Sedated' that the Offspring did. Then I explained to him what Dexter said and did to Axl Rose and Guns n' Roses.

XD It was funny.

SMASHedTHEignition
06-23-2009, 11:59 PM
lol..

yeh i went down to my local bike jumps and did a whole memorial thing of the offspring on this cement jump.
it has drawings of all the albums, eps etc.what year members, ex members logos and shit it took about an hour but it was worth it!

_Way_Down_the_Line_
06-24-2009, 11:34 AM
I made all my brothers to like offspring, and to tell all their friends to listen to offspring, and so on !

I listen to in on my cellphone and when any of my friends ask me what are u listening to ? I say offspring and I tell them how awesome they are !

I even made my father like a song of the offspring ! He likes Hit That but atleast he likes one :rolleyes:

I wear my offspring T-Shirt everywhere and invited all my friends to go see them in concert when they came to Argentina, I made a quiz in Facebook about offspring and sent it to all my friends to do the quiz

that's pretty much all i've done so far

Reamwolf
06-24-2009, 11:37 AM
I made all my brothers to like offspring, and to tell all their friends to listen to offspring, and so on !

I listen to in on my cellphone and when any of my friends ask me what are u listening to ? I say offspring and I tell them how awesome they are !

I even made my father like a song of the offspring ! He likes Hit That but atleast he likes one :rolleyes:

I wear my offspring T-Shirt everywhere and invited all my friends to go see them in concert when they came to Argentina, I made a quiz in Facebook about offspring and sent it to all my friends to do the quiz

that's pretty much all i've done so far

Send me a link to that quiz please!

Reamwolf
06-24-2009, 11:40 AM
lol..

yeh i went down to my local bike jumps and did a whole memorial thing of the offspring on this cement jump.
it has drawings of all the albums, eps etc.what year members, ex members logos and shit it took about an hour but it was worth it!

You should take a picture of it.
That sounds AWESOME!
Post it on here.

Rutegard
06-24-2009, 11:43 AM
this almost goes for another thread huh?:P

Reamwolf
06-24-2009, 11:47 AM
Recently, I have been on an Online chat thingy and I bought an Offspring Song to play when I talk to people.

I got one of my friends on Facebook to sorta like the Offspring.

Talked to someone at a pool in my cousins Neighborhood about the Offspring and their AWESOMENESS!

PunksKillEmos
06-24-2009, 03:43 PM
Some one put on beheaded on the radio in my cafeteria at school and I made a huge fucking deal when someone else changed it to some rap shit, good times:D

_Way_Down_the_Line_
06-24-2009, 05:08 PM
Send me a link to that quiz please!

_I dunt think u want to do it, cause it is in spanish xD but if u are still interested just put in the search "Offspring Quizes" it should appear ther

Maria Cortez
06-25-2009, 08:58 PM
just be yourself. i wear their stuff on and listen to em 24/7. the offspring (hands down) i heart em and love em. there invited to my ultimate wedding. :) :o :D :p

SuperKnux
06-26-2009, 12:53 AM
I quit the school band because they wouldn't play offspring..

My little cousin (whom I got him into Offspring when he was 15) actually got his school band to do "Pretty Fly." I thought that was very, very impressive and out did anything I could have ever done.

I taught him well. lol

mr munkee
06-26-2009, 02:52 AM
Look through peeps iPods and make sure they've got atleast the Offspring's essential songs, my whole myspace profile is practically dedicated to the Offspring, and if anyone bags them I just warn them not to step outside because God will smite them.

that's pretty much every Offspring song imo tbqh

The Search Button
06-26-2009, 03:47 AM
Absolutely nothing.

I let the music do the talking.

_Way_Down_the_Line_
06-26-2009, 08:21 AM
just be yourself. i wear their stuff on and listen to em 24/7. the offspring (hands down) i heart em and love em. there invited to my ultimate wedding. :o :D :p

You're about to get married :eek:

Maria Cortez
06-26-2009, 05:47 PM
You're about to get married :eek:

someday in the near future. :o

BetterLate
06-28-2009, 10:06 PM
If they say The Offspring suck I Sing Bad Habbit.

But when I show my piece
Complaints cease
Something's odd
I feel like Their god
You stupid dumbshit goddam motherfucker!

SelfEsteem94
06-30-2009, 06:23 AM
The Offspring are pretty well know around my school,
because i told my friends about em,
they they told their friends, etc.
but i made sure they listened to some of their older stuff too.
:D

Reamwolf
07-20-2009, 07:55 AM
While flying on a 7 hour flight, I opened a brand new Sky Mall magazine to the puzzle page and wrote "The OFFSPRING" then I preceded to write the members names(That I could remember) and what they did (vocals, bass etc).
I have a picture, but I have do upload it first.

PunksKillEmos
07-20-2009, 08:08 AM
I wore my bad habit tshirt to walmart the other day

Reamwolf
07-20-2009, 08:13 AM
Sweet! That rules... I need an offspring T shirt

brothadave79
07-20-2009, 10:11 AM
Absolutely nothing.

I let the music do the talking.

This. Friends of mine that used to hate on them have come around just because of more passive exposure - like playing them in my room or car and all. Most of the time the people who shun them just aren't well aware of their discography. A friend of mine who used to roll her eyes when I played them texted me a few mornings ago "Fuck! I like the Offspring now."

come out swinging
07-20-2009, 11:37 AM
wearing the ShIt Is FuCkEd Up tour shirt. I had it on last week during class. Also talking bout hot sauce. Gringo Bandito is da shit. Wen i was talking bout the show on 7.10, i told my friends that they are selling hot sauce. At work i bought some pop corn chicken, chicken tenders or some wings and bring a bottle of Gringo Bandito. :D

B-Rad
07-21-2009, 10:50 AM
Well, I wear my shit is fucked up tour shirt everywhere, I play the songs on my guitar and in my car all the time, I put Gringo Bandito on everything, and I've gotten a few of my friends into Offspring.

I think I've done my part :D

ConspiracyofMegs
07-21-2009, 11:04 AM
Whenever I go on long trips with my mom, I demand the following things before we leave:

- Tape deck converter for my iPod
- That we listen to shuffled Offspring songs the entire trip

I also freak out and go on an hour long rant whenever someone claims that The Offspring sounds like Green Day.

Smash_Returns
07-21-2009, 12:17 PM
I bring a bottle of Gringo Bandito EVERYWHERE, and advertise it.

tayluhhx3
07-21-2009, 03:05 PM
i've turned friends into offspring fans, burned them CDs, and drove around blasting the offspring which led to being stared at by everyone.
i've also spray painted "i love dexter holland" on a bridge before. :)

ConspiracyofMegs
07-21-2009, 03:22 PM
There are very few things as awesome as listening to Offspring while cruising.

T_immortal
07-21-2009, 06:04 PM

I'll drink to that! My friends probably hate when I drive cause all I play is Offspring lol, even yesterday my friends brother who doesn't listen to rock at all, was singing along to half truism, I loved it :D

KyleW
07-22-2009, 01:51 PM

I made my friend a CD with all 'our songs' on when he got his licence, couldn't help but stick in a few Offspring tracks.

genocide1001
07-22-2009, 02:49 PM
I was driving home from class and I was playing bad habit, and this guy in the van next to me looked at me and just started nodding his head with the music

Static_Martyr
07-22-2009, 02:52 PM
I secretly replaced all of our Tobasco bottles at work with bottles of Gringo Bandito that I myself purchased online.

:)

Nobody's noticed yet....

Les Paul Girl
07-22-2009, 03:14 PM
I got my colleagues to accept YGGFK as one of the songs on our annual spring concert. More than one thousand kids and teenagers saw that show and that was actually the song that got most appreciation. My singers loved to do it!

Oh, and I had another student sing Kristy on another big event. One must take every opportunity to advertise the Offspring :p

randman21
07-22-2009, 03:26 PM
Did they sing the "dance, fucker, dance" part? :D

-Revolution-
07-22-2009, 10:09 PM
Well, I gave a speech on The Offspring in my school (I had a perfect score:D), the speech was to discuss something that we like ^ ^ and well apart from that, I am spreading the offspring of my classmates and although it sounds somewhat weird, I only have the offspring of songs on my phone, so why more ?, if aproximadate i have 100 songs and I just am happy to hear Dexter every days ( and many times ):p
_________
I know you wanna Hit That , Hit That
________
Im the key to know whats want the people , because im people (simple and young , very very young)!

Les Paul Girl
07-23-2009, 03:44 AM
Did they sing the "dance, fucker, dance" part? :D
Yeah they did :p Guess it doesn't sound as bad to swedish ears as it does to americans though ;)
I felt obliged, however, to ask the other teachers what they though (if we should change it or something) but we came to the conclusion that in case we did we could just as well cut the song out since it wouldn't be the same.

Smash punker
07-23-2009, 05:01 AM
Well I dont know if it belongs there, but whatever. One Nazi told me - U like Offspring? Cuz I had that shirt on me that day. N he went on like - Do U know what u wear n wanted to crush me n I simply said I know bitch! :D True, but probably would end up in hospital if that Nazi would fight me:D:mad::D

Alex101
07-23-2009, 11:35 AM
lol my dad likes green day and the offspring xD
And one of my friends' mother has been liking The Offspring since "Come Out and Play" was released.

Reamwolf
08-10-2009, 09:47 AM
I was driving home from class and I was playing bad habit, and this guy in the van next to me looked at me and just started nodding his head with the music

I secretly replaced all of our Tobasco bottles at work with bottles of Gringo Bandito that I myself purchased online.

:)

Nobody's noticed yet....

Two best ones yet!

I was at a (christian *Throws up*) camp and wrote "Its a hell of a good day to Die" On the back of my leg. I didn't realize at the time that it was cutting into my leg... But, whatever advertises the band! Plus, I drew their skull on the back of my hand.

Llamas
08-10-2009, 10:05 AM
I broke his arm, and now you could say Offspring is his new favorite band.

Sorry if this was already posted, but I didn't read the entire thread and I had to.

Reamwolf
08-10-2009, 12:06 PM
I made a Facebook quiz. I need to update it.
Here it is.
http://apps.facebook.com/whatoffsprinncuhtd/

KHWHD
08-10-2009, 12:22 PM
I made a Facebook quiz. I need to update it.
Here it is.
http://apps.facebook.com/whatoffsprinncuhtd/

There was another one like this I did before. This is the results from your quiz.

Self Esteem

You don't think you are important. You think that everyone will take advantage of you and you don't mind it that way. Friends are constantly telling you that you could be better but you don't want to believe them. Don't be afraid of being who you want to.

Reamwolf
08-10-2009, 01:40 PM
There was another one like this I did before. This is the results from your quiz.

Self Esteem

You don't think you are important. You think that everyone will take advantage of you and you don't mind it that way. Friends are constantly telling you that you could be better but you don't want to believe them. Don't be afraid of being who you want to.

I really need to update it. Help me come up with better outcomes please.
Ha, here is some bits of a chat log that me and My friend had. Offspring related

4:28 PM me: Mkay
You gone?
Is the world ending?
4:29 PM Reggi: no
the world just ended
me: Ohhh
Reggi: were all in limbo know
awaiting judgement
4:30 PMme: Hum
Okay
Reggi: so how have u lived your life?
me: :D. I went down vIse I was bad
Reggi:: ohhh bummer
i was always the good boy but i hope i was not to self centered some times
me: Nahhh. Dexter is here too
4:31 PM :D
Reggi: woooo
me: Yeah! Boooyaaaaaa
And noodles
Reggi: and greg k
me: Where is Greg?
No, he isn't herr
Reggi: over there
no he is over there
points to front of the line
me: Haha, he musta been good
4:32 PM Reggi: ohhh shiiiiiiiit (ground opened up under me)
me: Now the offspring need a new bassist!
learns bass
bends finger back
Reggi: lol
4:33 PM since your takeing greg's stop
lol
me: Yep
Reggi: u know what you have rofl
me: Waiiit
Haha, apperently
checks ohhhhh....
Crap
Reggi: rofl
me: :(
4:34 PM Reggi: bummer
me: Oh no.... Um, I'm taking noodles spot
Reggi: hell no
that is me
me: Fine
I'm higgens (I KNOW EPIC FAIL SPELLING)
Reggi: you stay away from what i have been working to get for years lol
me: :) okay
Reggi: is that the dude in the back of thee live shows that jumps around and does back up sounds
4:35 PM me: yah
Reggi:: lol
me: Nahh
I be rob
*rin
*ron
XD
Reggi: got to surf
lol jk
me: Yep...
4:36 PM I body board, does that count?
Reggi: ahhhh im losing my mind @.@ crazy... sure it counts
me: Meh, I know I can't take dexters spot
Reggi: i know huh
no one can

I got the picture of the sky mall, but I have to post it in another post, Hang on.

Reamwolf
08-10-2009, 01:55 PM
http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs47/f/2009/222/c/d/Sky_Mall_Advertizment_by_reamithey.jpg
The most epic Sky Mall Ever.

skitogg
01-03-2010, 05:49 PM
I stop whatever I'm doing wherever I am when someone mentions The Offspring or Noodles and start telling them about them and when I'm listening to the radio, I tell everyone when an Offspring song comes on..

I give my friends lots of Offspring songs

I wear my Offspring shirts a lot!!

I always play an Offslring song when someone asks me to play guitar

I draw pictures of Noodles on most of my math homework and I made my math teacher an Offspring CD which we listen to during class sometimes!!

rinte
01-05-2010, 02:51 PM
i bought two offspring's t shirts and every week i go out with them
I put a skull sticker on my guitar
When i meet someone knew i ask if he/she knows the offspring
I always use dexter holland as a exemple of intelligent,smart people.

offsrx
01-05-2010, 03:50 PM
My own exsistance is jus another advertisement of The Offspring :D
Ever since I've been listening to them, pepole just recognize me as "the Offspring guy".
My uncle, who's playing blues, and liking ZZ top, I've gave him Americana, and he very,very,very,very much have likened "Pretty fly" (probably because if that main guitar hard rock riff), and also I had a gig this saturday, and we were playing "pretty fly" in small club in front of 100 pepole. Yeah, they liked that "give it 2 me baby" part.. ;)