PDA

View Full Version : Listmania!

Bazza
10-27-2008, 06:51 AM
So have you ever noticed Listmania on amazon? If you have then I'm sure you know where I'm going with this one. If not then this is what it's about; create a list of 5/10/15/20 albums that all have a similar theme/genre. The theme or genre can be anything you like, ie Ska Punk albums, Happy albums, albums to listen to before you die etc.
So that's the idea, make some lists, I feel like broadening my horizons musically and this is possibly the best way to do it!

So to kick it off, here is my 'Listmania' of top 5 aussie rock albums to listen to (why aussie? I don't really know to be honest, that's how random these lists can be):
1) Bodyjar - Plastic Skies
2) 28 Days - 28 Days
3) Powderfinger - Odyssey Number Five
4) Jebediah - Slightly Oddway
5) Grinspoon - Guide To Better Living

I hope this thread gets some good responses!

Edit: and yes this ISN'T a thread to criticise peoples choices, everyone has different takes on what is good and what genres are!

H1T_That
10-27-2008, 08:49 AM
Pretty good idea. I'll tihnk of some decent themes and get a list up soon.

P.S an Aussie rock list that doesn't contain anything by Silverchair? I'm shocked.

jacknife737
10-27-2008, 08:57 AM
Great Thread Idea!

My list is, depressingly brilliant pop-punk! Who says pop-punk has to be sappy and happy?

Against Me! – Searching for a Former Clarity
-To me this is the “Americana” of the 2000s, a take on the American Dream which isn’t quite as positive as one might expect. Topics including the Iraq War, political apathy, aids. Angst, angst, angst!

Off with their Heads – From the Bottom
-I’d never expect songs about offing yourself (“taking the long way down”) would be so fucking catchy. Forget Simple Plan, or My Chemical Romance, this is what Pop-Punk should be, gritty, aggressive, and catchy as hell.

Dillinger Four – Civil War
-A savage attack on the state on affairs in America; with song titles like AMERICAPREMIERFAITHBASEDINITIATIVE, how can you go wrong?

Alkaline Trio – Good Mourning
-About as feel good as the album title suggests, the opening song discuss slitting ones throat.

Bad Astronaut – Twelve Small Steps, One Giant disappointment
-Brilliant album about the loss of a loved one. DO NOT listen to this if you’re in a good mood.

Free?
10-27-2008, 05:10 PM
This thread appears somewhat difficult to me :s. I really couldn't find several albums by different artists that would have something similar.

I'll stop at Sandra's Nasic "The Signal" and "Coma Chameleon" by Donots for now. I can't define it, but they have similar vibe.

Bazza
11-22-2008, 01:24 PM
*Bumpage*
I thought I'd bring this to peoples attention once more, you never know some more of you may post.... :rolleyes: