PDA

View Full Version : Rise And Fall, Rage And Grace CD

KHWHD
10-27-2008, 12:04 PM
Wow, I was just at HMV checking to see if they had any shirts or posters and I almost shit when I saw that they had RAFRAG on sale for $10.00. WTF is going on? The CD has been out for what, 4 months and already it's that cheap?! That's not right as far as I'm concerned. :mad:

Rutegard
10-27-2008, 12:05 PM
Wow, I was just at HMV checking to see if they had any shirts or posters and I almost shit when I saw that they had RAFRAG on sale for $10.00. WTF is going on? The CD has been out for what, 4 months and already it's that cheap?! That's not right as far as I'm concerned. :mad:

it is pretty cheap here too, i bought splinter for 20 euros (something like that) and this new one is already at 12 euros...maybe NOW is even cheaper...

maybe it's just the way it goes...

Sofinch
10-27-2008, 12:09 PM
this is weird
I bought RAFRAG for 16 and last week I saw Splinter in the musicstore for 22 :confused::'S

holland25
10-27-2008, 12:18 PM
I bought Splinter for 700 Sk (23) five years ago and I bought RAFRAG for 666 Sk (22) this year...

IamSam
10-27-2008, 12:20 PM
Well the packaging is a lot more inexpensive than normal...

Free?
10-27-2008, 12:21 PM
You made me smile :). It's not a bad thing that RAFRAG is cheap you know. Actually it's the best way to distribute the album. The cheaper it is, the more people will buy it, not just download.

Sofinch
10-27-2008, 12:24 PM
You made me smile :). It's not a bad thing that RAFRAG is cheap you know. Actually it's the best way to distribute the album. The cheaper it is, the more people will buy it, not just download.

Free? now you made me smile! :):)

Rutegard
10-27-2008, 12:26 PM
Free? now you made me smile! :):)

yeah he has that power :D

randman21
10-27-2008, 12:28 PM
Errr, I bought on the day it came out for like ten bucks. Or 11, but not more.

EDIT: $10.66, in fact.

KHWHD
10-27-2008, 12:29 PM

Damn, I paid nearly $20.00. :eek:

Desperado
10-27-2008, 01:01 PM
The band doesn't lose any money. They buy the album from labels then the store charges more for it, so if anything they are gaining a slightly smaller profit to increase sales.

IamSam
10-27-2008, 01:08 PM

This too. I bought mine on the day for $9.99. So stop complaining about a non-issue.

KHWHD
10-27-2008, 01:09 PM
This too. I bought mine on the day for $9.99. So stop complaining about a non-issue.

Are you talking to me? Complaining? Piss off, I have the right to if I want.

Camilamazed
10-27-2008, 01:17 PM
Shank, I paid 9,99 on the day of release.

It has always been cheap. Well, the japanese verson was 20.. But still, not expensive at all.

IamSam
10-27-2008, 01:26 PM

Yes. You. Complaining about something that no one else in their right mind would even worry about. Who the hell else would complain that the CD is $10? An album on iTunes costs $9.99. You've never complained about that? You going to now?

You have the right to complain, but in doing so you make yourself look like a goddamn idiot.

jacknife737
10-27-2008, 03:04 PM
I bought my copy of RAFRAG for about $10.00. Plus i find as time goes on the cd will become more expensive, as older cds are usually priced higher (at least in the store), they usually keep prices down if they are selling. No need to get excited here.

Also, online, things are usually cheaper as well.

KHWHD
10-27-2008, 04:05 PM
Yes. You. Complaining about something that no one else in their right mind would even worry about. Who the hell else would complain that the CD is $10? An album on iTunes costs $9.99. You've never complained about that? You going to now?

You have the right to complain, but in doing so you make yourself look like a goddamn idiot.

I haven't complained about iTunes because I have never used it... hence why I don't complain about it. Yes, I am complaining about the $10.00 so I guess I'm a Goddamn idiot.

Jesus
10-27-2008, 04:45 PM
I think I paid mine 22 euros in Holland, which at the time was around 30 usd or so. Bol.com currently lists it at 21 euros or like 26-27 usd.

In a sane world a cd would cost around 5-7 euros tops.

Little_Miss_1565
10-27-2008, 04:48 PM
The band doesn't lose any money. They buy the album from labels then the store charges more for it, so if anything they are gaining a slightly smaller profit to increase sales.

Not entirely true, but the second part of what you said is true. Bands buy CDs from the labels when they go on tour -- they have little to do directly with what goes on at the music stores.

You can complain all you want, but it's helpful to have the facts first.

Part of what labels and their distribution arms do is incentivize the music stores to put more effort behind selling their CDs. You know those CDs that get special places above racks, on special displays, and listening stations? Frequently, the labels work out a deal whether it's a certain amount of money or something else to give the CD a place in the store where people will see it, and then further get people to buy it by putting it on sale. So it's actually a very good sign that it's on sale at certain stores. It means the label is doing its job. Besides, I bought it for $10 at Best Buy the day it came out. Same deal there.

lost_nvrfound
10-27-2008, 04:55 PM
target usually drops the price of new cds to $10 temporarily a few weeks after the cd comes out. i bought it at $14. I think its still $14 at target actually *shrug*

Ryder1234
10-27-2008, 05:15 PM
I got mine at HMV on release day, for $9.99.

randman21
10-27-2008, 07:03 PM
Damn, and I thought I got some kind of great deal compared to everyone else. Still, the price was great. I expected 17 bucks.

Budzy
10-27-2008, 11:34 PM
You can complain all you want, but it's helpful to have the facts first.

Part of what labels and their distribution arms do is incentivize the music stores to put more effort behind selling their CDs. You know those CDs that get special places above racks, on special displays, and listening stations? Frequently, the labels work out a deal whether it's a certain amount of money or something else to give the CD a place in the store where people will see it, and then further get people to buy it by putting it on sale. So it's actually a very good sign that it's on sale at certain stores. It means the label is doing its job. Besides, I bought it for $10 at Best Buy the day it came out. Same deal there.

Dude you remind me of like...God. :D

ThunderPX
10-28-2008, 05:05 AM
I got it for... 16 euros? Something like that. But yeah, Splinter is always really expensive whenever I see it. My brother claims they up the price on stuff when they don't have many copies left or something, but it sounds like a lot of work to go change around all the price stickers.

TRoffspring
10-28-2008, 05:18 AM
I got my RAFRAG CD from amazon:p
So it was cheaper...it was about 5 brand new:p
quite a while back. though..

but HMV in my town, where I live...the only Offspring CD they sell is RAFRAG...
Not any other Offspring album...

I once saw Smash in there and also Ignition..they were about 6 each...now they've disappeared as well....

I think HMV where I live needs to get better taste in music!!!!:p

F@ BANKZ
10-28-2008, 05:18 AM
I boguht mine from HMV in June and it was only 7 then. This might seem like a lot but the exchange rate means that whatever the price is in dollars is usually similar in pounds. It was a cardboard cover though, I'd imagine plastic was more like 11.

KHWHD
10-28-2008, 02:56 PM
I boguht mine from HMV in June and it was only 7 then. This might seem like a lot but the exchange rate means that whatever the price is in dollars is usually similar in pounds. It was a cardboard cover though, I'd imagine plastic was more like 11.

Mine was/is cardboard and I paid $20.00 CAD.

Redjie
10-28-2008, 03:09 PM
Damn, I paid nearly $20.00. :eek:

If we convert that to , I'd say I paid nearly the same.
Gah, it's not fair. I hate to see stuff I bought weeks before getting cheap like that. it's an ultrage :p my money gets offended with such attitudes :D no seriously.

the_real_potomek
10-28-2008, 03:21 PM
I don't remember how much exactly I paid but it was an average price, not too much and not too less.

come out swinging
10-28-2008, 07:03 PM
Damn, and I thought I got some kind of great deal compared to everyone else. Still, the price was great. I expected 17 bucks.

I paid 9.99 at best buy. I know that some music stores had it for 17. 17 is way to much for a cd espically for 1 cd, i could see if it was a double disc that would make more sense.

lost_nvrfound
10-28-2008, 07:27 PM

it was only released in a cardboard cover as far as i know

ZeQuebecois
10-31-2008, 11:50 PM
Mine was/is cardboard and I paid $20.00 CAD.

I bought it on June 17th at Futureshop (I had seen a publicity announcing it) and it was at 12.00$ CAD, they had a whole shelve of RFRG's cd.
Last week I went on HMV, and I decided to pick their self-titled, it was actually at 21,99$ CAD. Maybe at the base RAFRAG was just recommended at a lower price.

But actually it's weird that it's now only 10$ (With taxes, about 1$/song like on iTunes, but you've got the lyrics booklet).