PDA

View Full Version : What video games are you playing? pt. 2

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Tijs
10-28-2008, 03:27 PM
Since the other one was 2k-closed.

Me? Far Cry II. Looks awesome. Gameplay... very repetitive. It's awesome how the game plays with the sunlight. Clickyclick for larger pictures.

http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/6701/fcii1sb6eb3.jpg (http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/2132/fcii1sb6.jpg)

http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/6918/fcii3vo6kd1.jpg (http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/3103/fcii3vo6.jpg)

http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/1340/fcii4gp2jl2.jpg (http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/8632/fcii4gp2.jpg)

Notice the guy collapsing next to the vehicle after I set his bush on fire :)

http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/6007/fcii7vn4ug8.jpg (http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/1344/fcii7vn4.jpg)

Free?
10-28-2008, 03:31 PM
Nice resolution huh.

Slim Pickens The Bomb Rider
10-28-2008, 03:31 PM
Me too, I bought it last week. Pretty cool

IamSam
10-28-2008, 03:33 PM
www.270towin.com

10-28-2008, 03:35 PM
Go democrats!:p

F@ BANKZ
10-28-2008, 03:43 PM
Dynasty Warriors 4, Dynasty Warriors 4 Empires, Dynasty Warriors 5, Dynasty Warriors 5 XL, Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires.

10-28-2008, 03:46 PM
I'm definately gonna buy call of duty: world at war and little big planet

Tijs
10-28-2008, 03:56 PM
I'm definitely buying the new Call of Duty. I didn't really care for CoD4 because I'm more of a WWII kind of guy.
I'm also buying GTA4 in November.

originalpranxter
10-28-2008, 05:19 PM
ha! I'm playing a game with better graphics and It's alot newer then whatever you guys are playing!

http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/341/marwi6.png (http://imageshack.us)
[URL=http://g.imageshack.us/img367/marwi6.png/1/]http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/marwi6.png/1/w640.png[/URL

Cock Joke
10-28-2008, 05:39 PM
Luigi's Mansion, (since it's a Halloween type game) and as I've stated months ago, I really can't put down the retro games! Having said that, I've been playing quite a few Mega Man games for the NES.

originalpranxter
10-28-2008, 05:54 PM
hey, at least someone else is into the classics!! :)

nieh
10-28-2008, 06:23 PM
I just played the Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay. It was fun, though I hoped it would've been a little longer.

originalpranxter
10-28-2008, 06:59 PM
I just played the Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay. It was fun, though I hoped it would've been a little longer.

yup xbox
i remember that game pretty cool, but way to short and easy

KHWHD
10-28-2008, 07:11 PM
I'm definitely buying the new Call of Duty. I didn't really care for CoD4 because I'm more of a WWII kind of guy.
I'm also buying GTA4 in November.

When does that come out? Is that for PC? I played CoD4 for a good 6 months but got really bored of it after the last 4 new maps came out. 2 of them sucked big time, while the other 2 were half decent.

Edit: Did you play BF2?

come out swinging
10-28-2008, 07:15 PM
I was playing super mario brothers 3 on nintendo earlier on in the day.

Lizardus
10-28-2008, 11:22 PM
I'm playing Order of Eclessia.
Stuck at the docks.

Budzy
10-29-2008, 02:58 AM
Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance.

Tijs
10-29-2008, 04:18 AM
When does that come out? Is that for PC? I played CoD4 for a good 6 months but got really bored of it after the last 4 new maps came out. 2 of them sucked big time, while the other 2 were half decent.

Edit: Did you play BF2?
GTA4 somewhere mid-November. As for CoD5, I don't know. I only just found out the title of it after DexterB posted it. I already knew it was going to be in the pacific though. Wiki says it's November 11th for you.

I bought Battlefield 2 because a friend talked me in to it. I didn't like it and traded it for a different game.

sKratch
10-29-2008, 06:30 PM
play BF2?

It's been forever since I played, but:
http://bf2s.com/player/44182845/

These days I'm still playing Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne (only DOTA though), and I'm playing through STALKER: Clear Sky. I think it's a lot less buggy than Shadow of Chernobyl but I enjoyed that game anyways. The night is fucking pitch black in clear sky and I screwed up upgrading my armor to have night vision, so that's a little annoying.

Titles I've recently played through:

Crysis: Warhead
Pretty decent game. Definitely good bang for its buck. Amazing graphics, doesn't really bring anything new to the Crysis story, but if you loved Crysis you'll enjoy Warhead. I'll paraphrase a review that says you really don't have to worry about ammo in this expansion pack; they generally hook you up with grenades, guns, etc on a regular basis. More of a shoot-everyone-and-blow-shit-up game than Crysis was.

Spore
Tons of fun through the first few stages! One of the more popular criticisms of Spore is that it's not really a new game, it's a bunch of games that already exist put into one game. This is sort of true, but I still think it's a great game. Once you become a space-fairing civilization, things slow down a lot. The game turns into "Go here. OK now go here. Go over there now." However, I still enjoyed outer space for some time. I stopped playing before I reached the top rank. Also, I should note I didn't buy it, so I have no online content.

Super Mario World
Awesometown. I got up to Bowser right around the start of the semester and for some reason I stopped playing. A ton of fun, though, that game is.

Games I look forward to checking out:
Far Cry 2, Fallout 3, GTA4 for PC, maybe Dead Space also

T-6005
10-29-2008, 08:20 PM

I love Escape from Butcher Bay. The Xbox version has an extra level apparently, called Assault on Dark Athena. That version of the game is named that too.

I'm playing Pharaoh, which is fucking awesome - it's like Caesar III set in Egypt and I love it. Citybuilding at its absolute best.

Also playing Jedi Knight III - Jedi Academy. Lightsaber battles are the only reason you'd want to buy this game, and they're fun. Force-pushing Dark Jedi off of ledges never gets old, even if it is tricky.

On DS I'm playing Sonic Rush, which is great old school Sonic fun. I highly recommend it.

And finally on Wii I'm getting really into Super Mario Galaxy. It's great, though the directional controls are a little weird when you're upside-down. It's like the Wii is trying to decide whether you mean Mario's current left or the player's left.

I picked up Sins of a Solar Empire the other day but only got to play about halfway through the tutorial. So far it feels a lot like Homeworld.

nieh
10-29-2008, 08:57 PM
I love Escape from Butcher Bay. The Xbox version has an extra level apparently, called Assault on Dark Athena. That version of the game is named that too.
Actually, Assault on Dark Athena is mostly a remake of the game for the next gen consoles with extra stuff. The PC version had an extra level over the original XBOX one, but the 360 and PS3 thing is going to have even more.
edit: or were you talking about the upcoming 360 version? I just assumed you meant the original xbox.

T-6005
10-29-2008, 10:13 PM
Actually, Assault on Dark Athena is mostly a remake of the game for the next gen consoles with extra stuff. The PC version had an extra level over the original XBOX one, but the 360 and PS3 thing is going to have even more.
edit: or were you talking about the upcoming 360 version? I just assumed you meant the original xbox.
I meant the upcoming one, yes. I did not make that clear, sorry.

I found that one of the parts that ended up being a little anti-climactic was triple-max, and how easy it ended up being in getting out. You didn't get as immersed, but I suppose it ended up being a good choice, since it was getting a little tiresome to be caught over and over again and stuck in a higher security level.

hshduppsnt
10-29-2008, 10:22 PM
I am currently playing NHL 09

aside from that I've also been playing NHL 09

and when I've had time... NHL 09.

(excited about the new Call of Duty and some other things but still
currently just on an NHL 09 high - gotta love the be a pro mode and the online
hockey league, even if my team is currently awful :))

Conspiracyof1000
10-29-2008, 11:23 PM
Rock Band 2. If I spent as much time on real guitar as I do on this game, I'd play like freaking Hendrix.

Tijs
10-30-2008, 01:12 AM
Pretty decent game. Definitely good bang for its buck. Amazing graphics, doesn't really bring anything new to the Crysis story, but if you loved Crysis you'll enjoy Warhead. I'll paraphrase a review that says you really don't have to worry about ammo in this expansion pack; they generally hook you up with grenades, guns, etc on a regular basis. More of a shoot-everyone-and-blow-shit-up game than Crysis was.
Does it start from where Crysis left off? I never finished Crysis because I didn't like fighting all those aliens. That's what I hated about Far Cry too.

Vera
10-30-2008, 01:23 AM
Still FFIV on the DS, got through the boss from hell after level upping and strategizing and now I have Edge in my party and have to level up to get him up to speed. Sigh.

Lupin
10-30-2008, 05:44 AM
Fifa 09 which is alright, Far Cry 2 which makes me cry (why is the AI no different from Far Cry!!!!!) and Dead Space, which is set piece sex pizzle.

sKratch
10-30-2008, 07:55 AM
Does it start from where Crysis left off? I never finished Crysis because I didn't like fighting all those aliens. That's what I hated about Far Cry too.

No... It's set supposedly in parallel to the original game, but in different locations. The last few levels of the game are also fighting those damn aliens, but you've got some extra firepower. You play as Psycho, he Australian guy.

_Lost_
10-30-2008, 08:12 AM
hahaha. i'm still playing guitar hero in its various forms

Apathy
10-30-2008, 11:52 AM
Spore
Tons of fun through the first few stages! One of the more popular criticisms of Spore is that it's not really a new game, it's a bunch of games that already exist put into one game. This is sort of true, but I still think it's a great game. Once you become a space-fairing civilization, things slow down a lot. The game turns into "Go here. OK now go here. Go over there now." However, I still enjoyed outer space for some time. I stopped playing before I reached the top rank. Also, I should note I didn't buy it, so I have no online content.

I was addicted to this until I made it into the Tribal mode. The creature stage was so much fun, but to be quite honest everything else bores the hell out of me. I don't enjoy designing small crappy looking buildings and cars.

I made it to the space stage but I only did the very first mission type thing.

H1T_That
10-31-2008, 10:22 AM
Recently finished Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Currently playing Fifa 09 and Midnight Club:Los Angeles

Looking forward to Gears Of War 2, new COD, Marvel vs DC Universe and the new Guitar Hero.

Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance.

Stylie
11-01-2008, 05:58 PM
Basically CS 1.6, Half-Life 2 and Test Drive Unlimited. ^^

Homer
11-12-2008, 01:17 PM
I've been playing the Left 4 Dead demo and holy shit, it's fantastic. Day one purchase for me.

Also, if anyone has it, add me on Steam: carsonmauthe

Thomas
11-12-2008, 01:22 PM
I'm gonna try beating the entire Half Life series again, including Opposing Force, Blue Shift, Half Life2, episode one, and episode 2.

I can't wait until Episode 3 comes out. I'll shit my pants if they bring back Adrian Shephard.

EDIT: Also:

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v375/8/85/1495129916/n1495129916_101080_6806.jpg

Thomas
11-12-2008, 01:41 PM
Also playing Jedi Knight III - Jedi Academy. Lightsaber battles are the only reason you'd want to buy this game, and they're fun. Force-pushing Dark Jedi off of ledges never gets old, even if it is tricky.

Do you still play as Kyle Katarn in that one? If not, I don't think I could bring myself to buying it...

0r4ng3
11-12-2008, 02:05 PM
I've been playing the Left 4 Dead demo and holy shit, it's fantastic. Day one purchase for me.
Same here. Also, Mirror's Edge.

11-12-2008, 03:27 PM
far cry 2 & little big planet:p

Tijs
11-12-2008, 04:18 PM
Call of Duty 5. Only because I like WW2 games better than fictional war games it compensates the fun I had while playing CoD4.
Neither one of them was as fun as CoD2 was though.
The sound of the guns is terrible. They don't sound tough at all. ticketicketicketicketick instead of DAGGEDAGGEDAGGEDANG! If you get why I mean.
There's hardly a path to choose to reach your goal, you pretty much HAVE to do what the game wants you to do.

Far Cry II is bugging me. I'm at 88% right now but I can't continue because I can't enter a door I'm supposed to. I looked online and it's a bug. Second time this happened, but I can't choose alternative missions now because I'm so close near the end of the game.
I managed to find all diamonds, unlock all safe houses and scout all guard posts in the northern map though. I'm carrying like 520 diamonds now.

Ryder1234
11-12-2008, 06:59 PM
I am currently playing NHL 09

aside from that I've also been playing NHL 09

and when I've had time... NHL 09.

I still haven't had the chance to even rent NHL 09 :(. Oh well, NHL 08 is serving me well in the meantime.

Lately I've played:

NHL 08
Gran Turismo 3 - A-Spec
Need For Speed - Most Wanted
Burnout Dominator
GTA - San Andreas
Metal of Honor - Vanguard

I decided to delete all my saved data on my memory card and start all my games from the beginning. And, I'm not going to use any cheats on any games. Let's see how far I make it in San Andreas :D. Last time I tried that I only made it to San Fierro.

Waiting for my XBOX 360 for christmas :D

hshduppsnt
11-12-2008, 09:28 PM
NHL 09 still
Red Alert 3
Finished Force Unleashed
Rockband 2

Conspiracyof1000
11-13-2008, 02:20 AM
Spore Creatures for the DS.
I am very, very dissapointed. The whole marketing thing was you can create your own character and use him throughout the game. But no, you are required to pop some legs or some shit on when you can't pass an obstacle so your at first cute little guy turns out looking like he was thrown in a blender with a crapload of cartoon body parts. Bleh.

Also lots of Rock Band 2, the demo for Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts, and regular old Banjo Tooie since I can't find Banjo Kazooie (the first one - yeah this post got confusing fast.) N64 rules man!

Free?
11-13-2008, 02:58 AM
Fallout 3. I'm impressed with how creators kept the atmosphere of the series.

Vera
11-13-2008, 03:28 AM
Still FFIV on the DS.

:[

Because I'm too busy and important to constantly game.

khaaaaan
11-13-2008, 07:34 AM
After finishing the campaign in Gears of War 2 it's been nothing but Horde for me. That shit is addictive. I only pause too eat and poop. And to Fallout 3 a little.

Static_Martyr
11-13-2008, 09:13 AM
I just got Persona 3 the other day. I don't normally care for these quirky niche-Japanese titles, but I've been feeling bored and stagnant so I decided to try something new. It's pretty decent so far, although the music is terrible (J-Pop/J-Rap/J-Dance).

The dialogue and story are a cut above standard fare, for the most part....but there are some parts of the dialogue that seem quite awkward, as they left in the traditional Japanese suffixes of "-san," "-sempai," "-kun," and things of that variety. It's strange to hear them spoken in English.

All in all, it feels like a decent game that, nonetheless, someone approached and injected with a giant syringe filled with Steaming Hot Japanese Pop Culture. It's clearly designed for fans of anime or Japanese culture in general, what with all the seemingly meaningless references to aspects of Japanese culture (such as classroom conduct and some social structures).

Thomas
11-13-2008, 11:59 AM
Red Alert 3

How is that? Is it better than C&C 3: Tiberium Wars? I've always preferred the Red Alert series to the other C&C games, and this one looked spectacular.

F@ BANKZ
11-14-2008, 03:56 PM
The one on my iPod: 'Vortex'. It's horrible, do not play Ipod games ever, unless they are a reproduction of delightful 80's brilliance.

Redjie
11-14-2008, 04:04 PM
Yesterday I tried to play Dead Space during approximately two hours. Nah, I'm not ready for the science of video games, I guess :p One day I'll learn how to like that.

Andy
11-15-2008, 12:26 PM
Sold all my PS3 game the other week, and got some new ones:

Fallout 3
Dead Space
Far Cry 2

I've not played Dead Space at all yet, but I've heard good things; I played a little bit of Far Cry, and it's good, but I've not played enough to have a proper opinion. The game I've been mostly addicted to is Fallout 3, which is a very, properly good game. It does have faults though, quite a few little gameplay and sound glitches, but my main gripe is the fact that you can only level up to 20 - a point you can easily get to after getting not even half-way through the game. That's a shame, because once you've got to L.20 and have completed the main story (which is over a little too soon), there isn't really any desire to carry on further.

I played some Pro Evolution 09 on the Xbox over the last couple of days and enjoyed it.

sKratch
11-15-2008, 06:53 PM
Re: My own post about STALKER: Clear Sky. I don't know, I love this game. There's a lot of bad stuff about it, mostly dealing with some bugs (at one point I had constant crash-to-desktop and had trouble patching because... um... I didn't buy the game). Also, you often have to walk a lot between objectives or dish out cash to "guides" that instantly transport you to a few select locations. But it's really immersive and I love running around finding cool shit and upgrading my weapons. I really enjoy good FPS/RPG games, a la Deus Ex (the original).

I'm gonna try beating the entire Half Life series again, including Opposing Force, Blue Shift, Half Life2, episode one, and episode 2.

I can't wait until Episode 3 comes out. I'll shit my pants if they bring back Adrian Shephard.

EDIT: Also:

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v375/8/85/1495129916/n1495129916_101080_6806.jpg

I am absolutely prepared to be both underwhelmed and bitter about Episode 3. Half Life 2 was amazing. It's pretty much a sea change from Half Life 1 in many ways, but it was still great, and looked beautiful. Episodes 1 and 2 were ok, but I actually don't remember them in very specific ways. Episode 2, as I recall, was weaker than E1. Also, the time between "episodes" is ludicrous. If you take 3+ years between releases, don't fucking call it episodic content. I have my doubts about the quality of Episode 3, but I'd love to be surprised.
On another note, I'm pissed at Valve for Orange Box. I've discussed this before, but here it is:
My biggest issue with it is that Team Fortress 2 was originally reported as shipping free with Episode 2. Team Fortress, from its first inception under Quake 1 (can anyone still remember the sound pipe bombs made when they bounced around?) has been freeware as long as you owned the game whose engine ran it (but I guess there's only been Team Fortress and TFC, for the first half life engine). Team Fortress 2 was announced AGES ago and became vapor ware. When Valve took it down the "make it playable for assclowns that suck at video games", I was pissed. They removed defining features of the game (custom grenades were HUGE in TFC) and made it look like a cartoon. Now, I understand they basically made a brand new game, which makes me at least slightly ok with them making you pay extra for it. Then there's Portal... If my memory servers me right, Portal was also to ship free with Episode 2. I've heard phenomenal things about Portal but I haven't played it because I wasn't about to pay some stupid amount of money for Orange Box when I already owned Half Life 2 and Episode 1, and didn't feel right paying for Team Fortress. In fact, I didn't even play Episode 2 until quite some time later when it went way down in price.

tl;dr version:
Valve are a bunch of assholes cashing in on their product and catering to this new n00b market. I hope Episode 3 doesn't suck.

offspringer24
11-16-2008, 11:33 AM
just finnished manhunt 2 today, great game/story although not much on graphics (wii)

having said that, i demo'd cod 5 earlier on xbox and wii and they were identical in graphics, i sense the wii can do more than people think and since re4 was so god damn good on it i hope re5 will get the go ahead now :)

sKratch
11-17-2008, 02:32 PM
The Wii is hands down the least powerful current-generation console. The 360 and PS3 can and should blow it out of the water graphically in all senses of the word. With that being said, there is a vast inconsistency in graphical fidelity between Wii games. I mean, compare Twilight Princess and Wii Sports (obviously not really a fair comparison, but it seems that many games should be "prettier"). Although perhaps the "uglier" games have a lot more going on sort of behind the scenes (physics engine etc) and have to sacrifice when it comes to graphics.

offspringer24
11-18-2008, 06:36 AM
tbh mate i really don't know the in's and out's of the consoles and i too gather that the ps3 and 360 are more powerful but i now own cod 5 on wii and my mate has it on 360 and he agreed they were identical except for the hd aspect, i know theres alot of wii haters out there but seriously check cod 5 to see what it CAN do, i still don't understand though why more games like this have been released although im being told theres a game called 'the conduit' coming out that will blast 'gears of war 2' out the water both graphically and for game play! as long as they make the games for the wii somewhere near if not identical then id tend to think it is the best console, i just like the new way of playing rather than boring old pads, each to their own though i gues.

0r4ng3
11-18-2008, 07:03 PM
Right now I'm playing Left 4 Dead.

It's SO good. That's really all I have to say about that.

Ryder1234
11-18-2008, 07:39 PM
I've been playing cod 5 lately and although it's good I just can't get into it on the PS2. It makes me want my 360 even more. Stupid christmas being a month and a half away :(:D

H1T_That
11-19-2008, 01:50 PM
COD 5. IMMENSE!

Waiting on Left 4 Dead and the new Mortal Kombat game.

Does anyone have Mirrors Edge? I'm not sure what to think of it from the videos i've seen.

Ninty Man
11-19-2008, 05:52 PM
Gears of War 2: horde BEST MULTIPLAYER EVAH
Saints Row 2: better that GTA IV

WebDudette
11-19-2008, 06:09 PM
With all these new games comming out I feel like I should be putting my 360 to use. But I'm not, the last game I played that wasn't GH or Rock Band was Bioshock like 6 months ago.

anyway, I'm playing Need For Speed Underground on my computer, it is a genuinely fun game. I'm happy I downloaded it.

Cock Joke
11-19-2008, 07:42 PM
I'm getting Sonic: Unleashed for X-Mas but if this one sucks than I'm not giving Sonic anymore chances!

Thomas
11-19-2008, 08:41 PM
I am absolutely prepared to be both underwhelmed and bitter about Episode 3. Half Life 2 was amazing. It's pretty much a sea change from Half Life 1 in many ways, but it was still great, and looked beautiful. Episodes 1 and 2 were ok, but I actually don't remember them in very specific ways. Episode 2, as I recall, was weaker than E1. Also, the time between "episodes" is ludicrous. If you take 3+ years between releases, don't fucking call it episodic content. I have my doubts about the quality of Episode 3, but I'd love to be surprised.
On another note, I'm pissed at Valve for Orange Box. I've discussed this before, but here it is:
My biggest issue with it is that Team Fortress 2 was originally reported as shipping free with Episode 2. Team Fortress, from its first inception under Quake 1 (can anyone still remember the sound pipe bombs made when they bounced around?) has been freeware as long as you owned the game whose engine ran it (but I guess there's only been Team Fortress and TFC, for the first half life engine). Team Fortress 2 was announced AGES ago and became vapor ware. When Valve took it down the "make it playable for assclowns that suck at video games", I was pissed. They removed defining features of the game (custom grenades were HUGE in TFC) and made it look like a cartoon. Now, I understand they basically made a brand new game, which makes me at least slightly ok with them making you pay extra for it. Then there's Portal... If my memory servers me right, Portal was also to ship free with Episode 2. I've heard phenomenal things about Portal but I haven't played it because I wasn't about to pay some stupid amount of money for Orange Box when I already owned Half Life 2 and Episode 1, and didn't feel right paying for Team Fortress. In fact, I didn't even play Episode 2 until quite some time later when it went way down in price.

tl;dr version:
Valve are a bunch of assholes cashing in on their product and catering to this new n00b market. I hope Episode 3 doesn't suck.

Actually, TF2 was probably my favorite game in the Orange Box. I'm really glad they created the game the way it is. It sets it apart from other games of the genre. I will admit, it is A LOT easier than, say, Counterstrike: Source, but the gameplay is still ridiculous amounts of fun and there's always going to be someone who is a lot better than you, so there's always a challenge if you play on the right servers.

And although on the short side, both Episodes 1 and 2 were very good games with improvements on it's predecessor each time. I can agree with you on the delayed release thing. That is basically bullshit. I guess they really wanted to take their time when creating the end to the Gordon Freeman legacy (unless they release Half-Life 4, which would probably be overkill...).

And get Portal. Now. One of the best endings in a video game, like, ever.

One more thing: http://www.blackmesasource.com/

I'm unbelievably excited for that one.

0r4ng3
11-19-2008, 09:29 PM
I'm getting Sonic: Unleashed for X-Mas but if this one sucks than I'm not giving Sonic anymore chances!
I feel the same way, especially since they're marketing Unleashed as "the one that doesn't suck".

KyleW
11-20-2008, 06:25 AM
If I get any spare time at all I load up Rock Band, and I'm really starting to get good :D

Also finished Fable 2 recently, it was far too short and not really worth the money.

What does everyone think of 'The New Xbox Experience'? Personally I like it, the avatar system is pretty cool.

Homer
11-20-2008, 04:17 PM
Left 4 Dead is one of the greatest games I've ever played.

Hypno Toad
11-20-2008, 05:09 PM
Me?

- Left 4 dead
- Resistance and Liberation
- ArmA
- FC2, casually

0r4ng3
11-20-2008, 05:51 PM
Left 4 Dead is one of the greatest games I've ever played.
Agreed.

Also I'm playing Brawl again. I'm trying to complete as much of everything as I possibly can. Right now I'm almost done with classic mode.

Andy
11-21-2008, 11:47 AM
Is Left 4 Dead that good then? Excellent, I shall buy it next week. Need something to exchange Far Cry with.

Dead Space is superb.

nieh
11-21-2008, 03:01 PM
Silly question, but how's the copy protection on Left 4 Dead for PC? If I bought the game and burned a copy for my friend, could we both use the same serial number and still play online with each other?

Homer
11-21-2008, 03:16 PM
Silly question, but how's the copy protection on Left 4 Dead for PC? If I bought the game and burned a copy for my friend, could we both use the same serial number and still play online with each other?

No. It is installed to your SteamID, therefore, you need two SteamID's and two copies of the game.

You're better off both buying the game. You won't regret it.

0r4ng3
11-21-2008, 04:15 PM
I'm considering getting that Strong Bad game for the Wii. Is it any good? Is it worth the money?

nieh
11-21-2008, 07:00 PM
It's done by the guys that did the recent Sam and Max games and was co-written by the Chaps brothers so I'm assuming it's amazing. I haven't gotten it myself yet though.

sKratch
11-21-2008, 09:12 PM

jeez whatanoobs.

Nowadays, copying cd's is fairly obsolete. It will let you install the game but it can tell you don't have the original CD and will ask you to insert it when you try to play. Also, almost any game with online play will not allow multiple users with the same cd key to play at the same time.

Andy
11-22-2008, 03:55 AM
Can you not find a crack for it, or something? I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to stuff like this, but I know that cracks allow for you to play games even if you don't have the CD?

Any opinions on Bioshock? I just noticed that Left 4 Dead isn't out on the PS3 yet, so I can't get that. The demo for Bioshock looked alright, anyone got any first-hand experience with it? If not, I could always get the new Call of Duty.

RonWelty
11-22-2008, 05:07 AM
Well for pc: I have Football Manager 2009, but i think game sucks!
For Xbox 360: Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 and Fifa 2009

But i'm not playing a lot these days.

Superdope
11-22-2008, 07:20 AM
I got the new Call of Duty for my Wii, and the online kicks heaps of ass. Single-player is also great, but it's a little distracting when Kiefer Sutherland is telling you that "we are running out of time" (seriously)

nieh
11-22-2008, 08:04 AM
Can you not find a crack for it, or something? I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to stuff like this, but I know that cracks allow for you to play games even if you don't have the CD?

Any opinions on Bioshock? I just noticed that Left 4 Dead isn't out on the PS3 yet, so I can't get that. The demo for Bioshock looked alright, anyone got any first-hand experience with it? If not, I could always get the new Call of Duty.
I'm sure there's cracks for it, but I'm not sure if they would allow online play through their servers. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a way to set up your own server, but I don't think that would be worth the hassle.
Bioshock was cool, but I lost interest in it maybe about halfway through. That's not entirely the game's fault though, I have a history of doing that if I don't finish a game within like 2 weeks. It didn't help that one of the little sisters vanished into thin air, leaving me unable to harvest/save her and I was unwilling to go on to the next level without her.

Homer
11-22-2008, 02:23 PM
I feel the need to reiterate...

It is installed to your SteamID, therefore, you need two SteamID's and two copies of the game.

sKratch
11-22-2008, 04:21 PM

Yeah I'm willing to even say 100% of games get cracked for no-cd play. However, games will generally check your CD-key when you try to play online, and it will then verify whether or not it's actually legit and if it is currently in use. Also, it may decide you have the wrong version of the game if your exe file has been modified.

Bioshock was fucking fantastic. I played it on PC, and at the time had slightly insufficient hardware, but it was still awesome. Without spoiling too much, about half way through it looks like the end of the game, but it's really just a fucking crazy twist.

offspringer24
11-23-2008, 10:42 AM
I got the new Call of Duty for my Wii, and the online kicks heaps of ass. Single-player is also great, but it's a little distracting when Kiefer Sutherland is telling you that "we are running out of time" (seriously)

it is fucking incredible aint it? i can't keep off it at the mo, my mates got it on 360 and he agrees the wii version wipes the floor with it :)

lol @ keifer sutherland btw :D

Lizardus
11-23-2008, 11:00 AM
i got the new call of duty for my wii, and the online kicks heaps of ass. Single-player is also great, but it's a little distracting when kiefer sutherland is telling you that "we are running out of time" (seriously)

03:59:56

0r4ng3
11-23-2008, 12:33 PM
Final Fantasy 1 is a lot of fun. I like how there's no story and you just run around beating things up.

RonWelty
11-24-2008, 09:27 AM
i just pre-ordered "LIPS" to Xbox 360. If i got myself successful in my 2 tests next week i will buy it. And im looking forward to download(LOL) far cry 2 and cod5 to play in my console.

DanniTehEpicFail
11-24-2008, 10:26 AM
I'm playing Bioshock a lot lately, the graphics are awesome on the 360 even though it is pretty freaky!

I play Rock Band quite a lot too (I only play The Offspring songs I downloaded the rest are crap)

Ryder1234
11-24-2008, 06:06 PM
Yay I beat Need for Speed Carbon: Own the City for my PSP!

It's only the second time I've ever beaten a game (The other being San Andreas). I could have beaten almost every game I've played (at least ones with a storyline, the others don't really count), but whenever I get far into a game I think "this is boring" and restart the game.

Thomas
11-24-2008, 08:34 PM
I've been playing Counterstrike: Source lately, but only because I can't get Team Fortress 2 to work, which depresses me so much...

Superdope
11-26-2008, 06:10 AM
it is fucking incredible aint it? i can't keep off it at the mo, my mates got it on 360 and he agrees the wii version wipes the floor with it :)

lol @ keifer sutherland btw :D

It's awesome, but I've gotten into the habiot of being smacked to death by a riflebutt, rather than the much cooler "he-fell-in-combat-with-40-bulletholes-in-the-chest-but-he-managed-to-fire-back" death.

And I just found out, that Gary Oldman is doing one of the voices in the russian part of the campaign. wtf?

sKratch
11-28-2008, 02:12 PM
I have a question about Spore. What am I really missing out on by having a pirated version? My girlfriend loves Spore and it's one of the only games she'll play. I'm thinking about buying a copy to get in on the online content, but I'm not sure what I'm really missing out on, and if its worth it (considering the DRM also).

Jebus
12-01-2008, 06:18 PM
Hey, finally got TF2! Who wants to be steam buddies!? Anyone? Not sure how the username/friends stuff works, but my steam id is PhallicTractor and my nickname ingame is Doktor Sleepless.

0r4ng3
12-01-2008, 08:12 PM
Downloaded a ROM for Pokemon Blue. It's just as fun as I remember.

I'm doing a thing where I nickname every Pokemon after a Pokemon from a later game. For example, my Charmander is "Mudkip" and my Pikachu is "Electrike".

wheelchairman
12-01-2008, 08:20 PM
I'm playing Command & Conquer for the first time and loving it.

Thomas
12-01-2008, 08:28 PM
I'm playing Command & Conquer for the first time and loving it.

Which one? That whole series is amazing.

I'm playing Team Fortress 2 again. I'm kicking ass and loving it.

wheelchairman
12-01-2008, 08:53 PM
The first one.

My friend Phil got it for me last christmas but I haven't had a laptop with a functioning dvd-rom until now.

Bipolar Bear
12-01-2008, 09:08 PM
UM LET'S SEE
i traded my totally generic black hat for my friend's super nintendo (lol ownt)
because he was like "dude your hat is fucking awesome" then im like "dude, its just a fucking hat who cares get a life you fucking noob" so he gave me his fucking snes for it haha owned lol lol
everyone come over for some old skool shit yo

wheelchairman
12-01-2008, 09:32 PM
*high five man* I love my SNES as well!

Thomas
12-01-2008, 09:34 PM
The first one's a classic! Try out the Red Alert series, too. They are wonderful.

Bipolar Bear
12-01-2008, 09:35 PM
*high five man* I love my SNES as well!

hells yeah man HELLS YEAH

sKratch
12-01-2008, 09:48 PM
My friend gave me his SNES when he got an N64, then my parents got me an N64 for christmas in 6th grade and without asking, my dad re-gifted my SNES to his Belorussian friend's son. :(

Jebus
12-02-2008, 08:33 AM
What the hell, are there weapon upgrades in this TF2? In the character info screen, it says "no special items have been acquired yet" and all my items say level 1. Is this some sort of wow joke from valve?

Thomas
12-02-2008, 09:41 AM
They've been VERY SLOWLY releasing different upgrades for each class, but you have to earn them, and it ain't easy. The only ones that have upgrades so far, though, are the Medic, Pyro, and Heavy. I'm praying for soldier or sniper next, but there's no telling when it'll be.

Jebus
12-02-2008, 06:31 PM
I don't know if you have already, but do you want to help each other complete some achievements for pyro or heavy? Some of them look doable with just two people. I'm interested in unlocking the new pyro gun mostly.

I'm having a blast with the demoman. I don't get as many kills with him as I do with other classes, but blowing people up with your mines completely makes up for it. It's a very satisfying feeling.

RickyCrack
12-04-2008, 08:35 PM
welcome to the first installment of rickycrack's three word reviews

bioshock is awesome

mass-effect is gay

assassins-creed is redundant

fable2 is orgasmic

end

anybody play dc bs mortal combat yet?

nieh
12-14-2008, 09:29 AM
My friend and I are having a hard time using the in-game voice chat for Left 4 Dead. It works fine when we're in the lobby, but when we actually are in the middle of the game, us talking doesn't go through to the other person at all. I've tried setting it up so it works automatically when I talk and so that it does it when I push a button, but neither has worked. However, other people have joined our game in the middle and we've been able to hear them just fine. We wound up all jumping into a conference call on Skype while we played instead. Any ideas why we weren't able to get it to work right?

Also, for some reason, people have a hard time finding my account to add to their friends list. After playing a game last night, my name didn't show on the "recent games" list, although everyone else from the game did, and he couldn't find my screen name while running a search for it, despite having it spelled correctly while running the search. My friend and I initially couldn't find each other at all for like 15 minutes either, then he was able to find me and add me to his friends list and I still wasn't able to find him until he sent me an invitation.

Ryder1234
12-14-2008, 11:07 AM
cant wait till christmas to get my 360.

sKratch
12-14-2008, 11:13 AM
welcome to the first installment of rickycrack's

bioshock is awesome

Fact. I've been meaning to play through it again.

My friend and I are having a hard time using the in-game voice chat for Left 4 Dead. It works fine when we're in the lobby, but when we actually are in the middle of the game, us talking doesn't go through to the other person at all. I've tried setting it up so it works automatically when I talk and so that it does it when I push a button, but neither has worked. However, other people have joined our game in the middle and we've been able to hear them just fine. We wound up all jumping into a conference call on Skype while we played instead. Any ideas why we weren't able to get it to work right?

Also, for some reason, people have a hard time finding my account to add to their friends list. After playing a game last night, my name didn't show on the "recent games" list, although everyone else from the game did, and he couldn't find my screen name while running a search for it, despite having it spelled correctly while running the search. My friend and I initially couldn't find each other at all for like 15 minutes either, then he was able to find me and add me to his friends list and I still wasn't able to find him until he sent me an invitation.

I would check to see if you've got HIV and even possibly AIDS.

Recently got World of Goo for Wii since my friend gave me a $20 shop channel card for my birthday. It's a really fun game and you'd think it'd get repetitive but they change the gameplay every few levels. Girlfriend loved it also.

nieh
12-14-2008, 05:05 PM
We figured out the voicechat thing. Apparently setting things up between the push-button and constant voice things while in the lobby does not effect the actual in-game settings which is fucking stupid. We got it working, but still actually prefer skype because the in-game stuff sounds so fucking choppy and it's hard to understand each other.

If anyone ever wants to play, my steamID is bococho.

KHWHD
12-14-2008, 05:21 PM

Ever tried using Ventrilo, or Teamspeak? I've used both and never had a problem with either one in game.

Homer
12-14-2008, 07:44 PM
bococho.

See you on the zombie battlefield, sir.

*salutes*

RickyCrack
12-16-2008, 02:53 AM
I'm currently playing civilization: revolution while I wait for actual Internet to be available at my apt on Friday instead of stealing incredibly slow wireless on my itouch.

there just something awesome about starting as the Zulu nation and hearing this pop up "our glorious civilization has completed the shakespeare theatre wonder in the city of niggerville. now culture will be doubled in the city

the_offsprings_monkey
12-16-2008, 03:21 PM
Lately I've been playing the ever classic Mafia and a little Warrock online!

Warrock:
http://users.skynet.be/fa266395/warrock/5.jpg

http://htb.altervista.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/77319_warrock.jpg

Mafia:
http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/images/2002/pc/act/mafia/mafia_screen001.jpg

http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/images/2002/pc/featurepreviews/mafia/mafia_screen018.jpg

zsk
12-28-2008, 02:57 PM
gothic 3 is one of my favourites:
http://download-source.de/img/3e0cd34b00e0f0e4adf54327569065de.jpg.jpg

http://hitmangames.de/Pics/gothic3screen1.jpg

http://hitmangames.de/Pics/gothic3screen3.jpg

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=dvjtDiA8mgM

it's a rolegame and it's a legend in germany(don't know how succefull it is international...)
it's you're own world,you are able to do what you want!!!

Conspiracyof1000
12-28-2008, 07:55 PM
The World Ends With You has not left my DS ever since I got it as an early Christmas present. Ironically, I haven't beaten it yet. I'm having too much fun just goofing off and going on killing sprees.

0r4ng3
12-28-2008, 08:11 PM
I've been playing a lot of Super Smash Bros. Brawl lately. My Xbox360 red ring'd back in May, and there really aren't any other Wii games worth playing at this point.

Bipolar Bear
12-28-2008, 11:21 PM
I'm so glad I didn't get a 360. The old X-Box itself was pretty disgusting. Seeing those giant consoles that seem like they are about to explode with their giant fans makes me want to barf. I'd rather go Wii or old school. The Wii is a pretty sell-out console with the hundred lame-ass sell-out games it has though, ugh.

A sad time for video games indeed.

Smash_Returns
12-28-2008, 11:28 PM
It's been forever since I played, but:

These days I'm still playing Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne (only DOTA though), and I'm playing through STALKER: Clear Sky. I think it's a lot less buggy than Shadow of Chernobyl but I enjoyed that game anyways. The night is fucking pitch black in clear sky and I screwed up upgrading my armor to have night vision, so that's a little annoying.

Titles I've recently played through:

Spore

Super Mario World
Awesometown. I got up to Bowser right around the start of the semester and for some reason I stopped playing. A ton of fun, though, that game is.

Games I look forward to checking out:
Far Cry 2, Fallout 3, GTA4 for PC, maybe Dead Space also

SWEET! Another WC3 player. However, I've quit DOTA, I play UA2 and make my own maps now.

Also Fallout 3. Really looking forward to the downloads coming up (1 an Jan, 1 in Feb, 1 in Mar)

And say what you will about the Red Ring, the 360 is still the best current gen console.

The PS3 - basically just a buggy Blu-Ray player (formatting issues), with no game selection. The only noteworthy games (exclusive only, cross-platform really dont count) are MGS4 and Little Big Planet. Resistance 1 was good, but 2 blew balls. Also, Playstation Network always has sucked balls, and always will. Xbox Live is 3000000 times better.

The Wii - Too little variety. I can only stand so many tennis, ping pong, and golf games. But it does have quite a few fun games too, like Super Mario Galaxy, Brawl, and Zelda. The best choice for "retro" game fans.

The 360 - only issue is the red ring, and this issue is a lot less common with the newer 360 models. Halo 3, Gears 1, Gears 2, Fable 2, Left 4 Dead, Mass Effect, Dead Rising, just overall the best game selection all around.

The only one of the systems of this current gen that I find flat-out BAD is the PS3. It just strikes me as a superfluous system. It's like Crysis. One you get over the amazing graphics, you realize it isn't all it's cracked up to be. I beat MGS4, Resistance 1 (& 2, the disappointment) and played Little Big Planet for quite a while. However, It pretty much just is a Blu-Ray player for me now, gathering dust while I play my 360.

Alleviate
12-29-2008, 03:56 AM
SWEET! Another WC3 player. However, I've quit DOTA, I play UA2 and make my own maps now.

Also Fallout 3. Really looking forward to the downloads coming up (1 an Jan, 1 in Feb, 1 in Mar)

And say what you will about the Red Ring, the 360 is still the best current gen console.

The PS3 - basically just a buggy Blu-Ray player (formatting issues), with no game selection. The only noteworthy games (exclusive only, cross-platform really dont count) are MGS4 and Little Big Planet. Resistance 1 was good, but 2 blew balls. Also, Playstation Network always has sucked balls, and always will. Xbox Live is 3000000 times better.

The Wii - Too little variety. I can only stand so many tennis, ping pong, and golf games. But it does have quite a few fun games too, like Super Mario Galaxy, Brawl, and Zelda. The best choice for "retro" game fans.

The 360 - only issue is the red ring, and this issue is a lot less common with the newer 360 models. Halo 3, Gears 1, Gears 2, Fable 2, Left 4 Dead, Mass Effect, Dead Rising, just overall the best game selection all around.

The only one of the systems of this current gen that I find flat-out BAD is the PS3. It just strikes me as a superfluous system. It's like Crysis. One you get over the amazing graphics, you realize it isn't all it's cracked up to be. I beat MGS4, Resistance 1 (& 2, the disappointment) and played Little Big Planet for quite a while. However, It pretty much just is a Blu-Ray player for me now, gathering dust while I play my 360.This whole post really summed it up for me. The Xbox 360 in my opinion is by far the best actual gaming system around. Forget the overly expensive PS3. With it's limited game selection, along with the current big drop in the cost of standalone Blu Ray players, you are better off investing in an Xbox 360 for gaming and a standalone Blu Ray if you want it, than shelling out for a PS3.

The Wii has far to little graphical grunt and gimmicky games to be considered anything more than a very popular fad. It is simply not powerful enough to play most decent games.

As far as games I'm playing at the moment:
*Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe (Best fighting game in a long time)
*Virtua Tennis 3
*Condemned
*Burnout Revenge

Budzy
12-29-2008, 04:17 AM

The only one of the systems of this current gen that I find flat-out BAD is the PS3. It just strikes me as a superfluous system. It's like Crysis. One you get over the amazing graphics, you realize it isn't all it's cracked up to be. I beat MGS4, Resistance 1 (& 2, the disappointment) and played Little Big Planet for quite a while. However, It pretty much just is a Blu-Ray player for me now, gathering dust while I play my 360.

Haha i used to play Dota on WC3. Dota 3.7! lol
I used to get so serious with it, but i stopped cos it was too addictive.
i used to play on WEST under the name Trickery, hahaha

nieh
12-31-2008, 03:08 PM
I picked up the new Prince of Persia game for my computer a few weeks ago but it hardly runs even on the lowest settings (despite me having more than the minimum requirements). This leads me to a couple questions I've long had but never bothered asking:
Why is it that a console and a PC can play the same game, but to do so the PC seems to need to be significantly more powerful? I know windows eats up some of the resources, but Prince of Persia: Sands of Time came out on PS2, which is a 300 mhz system with and 32 MB of RAM and to play the game on PC it requires an 800 mhz processor and 256 MB of RAM which seems like a lot by comparison. Also, why is there such a significant increase in requirements between something like the Sands of Time trilogy and the new POP game when the gameplay is virtually identical? I mean, I know they improved the graphics and all and I'm sure there's some tweaking done that might not always be noticeable, but on the lowest settings the graphics don't look any better and everything else right down to the physics fits right in with the other games.

Gustavo
12-31-2008, 03:28 PM
I've been playing Guitar Hero 3 a lot.
I just can't get enough of that shit.

Jebus
12-31-2008, 04:28 PM
100 mhz on ps2 could mean something completely different in terms speed than 100 mhz on a pc. It's a hardware design thing. Not much to do with windows. Kind of how a new 3ghz intel core 2 duo processor is about twice as fast as an old 3ghz pentium 4 processor. Also, game console processors are design specifically for gaming, which is the reason why PCs need video cards and don't use their cpu for games. I'm sure it's more complicated than this, but I'd be talking out of my ass.

Vera
12-31-2008, 04:43 PM
Finishing up FFIV on the DS. Just spent two hours playing non-stop because the last stages have scarce save points, goddammit. :[

Homer
01-01-2009, 02:45 AM
So, I recently made two videos for a site:

Game of the Year 2008 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8_bqcM57Rs)

Crap of the Year 2008 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGh1nzP84lg)

Bing bang boom.

Columbine style.

wheelchairman
01-01-2009, 07:46 AM
I got Civilization 4: The Complete Set or something like that, and Half-Life 2. I love both games so very very much.

ForkZ
01-01-2009, 08:53 AM
:D SiMS 2 :D

0r4ng3
01-01-2009, 08:55 AM
My brother recently got a new PC, along with Spore, SimCity Societies, and some Age of Mythology game, not sure which. So I'll be mooching off of those games once in a while.

I also tried starting another game in Shenmue II yesterday, but I couldn't get back into it. Story-based games are boring if you already know what's going to happen.

0r4ng3
01-01-2009, 03:36 PM
lol double post

I bought Final Fantasy IV for the DS today, so I need to be told good things about it.

Cock Joke
01-01-2009, 04:34 PM
Awright! Sonic: Unleashed! Great fuckin' game!

Watch the intro before pushing start. SERIOUSLY!!!
The day stages rule! That's when Sonic is in his typical form! Best part of the game!
At night, he's a were wolf. Those stages ar OK. The fighting is awesome but the level as a whole can be crap.
PLAY THE GAME! IT IS FUCKING AWESOME!!!

Thomas
01-18-2009, 12:04 AM
Red Faction 2

Now I was quite​ the fan of the origi​nal game,​ but since​ the first​ one was one of the very first​ games​ for PS2, the graph​ics and some mecha​nics left somet​hing to be desir​ed.​ The campa​ign was absol​utely​ brill​iantl​y done and the multi​playe​r was revol​ution​ary for its time.​

I had very high expec​tatio​ns when buyin​g this game.​ At first​,​ I was a bit disap​point​ed becau​se there​ is BAREL​Y a conne​ction​ betwe​en the first​ and secon​d one in the story​.​ The only conne​ction​ is that the Red Facti​on still​ exist​s howev​er many years​ later​.​ That'​s about​ it. Compl​etely​ new chara​cters​,​ compl​etely​ diffe​rent plot.​ Shoot​,​ it even took place​ on a compl​etely​ diffe​rent plane​t (it wasn'​t on Mars anymo​re so there​ was no point​ in the Red Facti​on still​ havin​g the "​Red"​ in their​ title​)​.​ The Ultor​ minin​g compa​ny is compl​etely​ disso​lved and all in all, this game has VERY littl​e to do with the first​.​

That being​ said,​ howev​er,​ the gamep​lay staye​d very true to the formu​la that made the first​ one such a class​ic.​ You can still​ blast​ throu​gh walls​ and you can still​ pilot​ amazi​ng vehic​les.​ It actua​lly seems​ like they just took the origi​nal engin​e and beefe​d up the graph​ics,​ which​ is exact​ly what they shoul​d have done.​ If they had stray​ed too far from the formu​la,​ it would​ have been a disas​ter.​ Fortu​natel​y,​ the produ​cers knew bette​r and didn'​t want to pull an "​Unrea​l 2: The Awake​ning"​ by basic​ally destr​oying​ what made the origi​nal so marve​lous.​

The story​line,​ altho​ugh compl​etely​ irrel​evant​ to the origi​nal plot of its prede​cesso​r,​ is very gripp​ing and quite​ well done.​ The produ​cers clear​ly made the focus​ the gamep​lay becau​se the huge plot twist​ in the middl​e of the game took place​ in about​ 30 secon​ds,​ and all of the bosse​s died in a very anti-​clima​ctic way. There​ are lots of momen​ts where​ you think​ to yours​elf,​ "Oh. I guess​ I'm done with this part.​"​ In retro​spect​,​ howev​er,​ the origi​nal did this same thing​,​ but certa​inly not to this point​.​ Despi​te the somew​hat awkwa​rd cutsc​enes and very antic​limac​tic endin​g,​ the story​ was satis​fying​ overa​ll.​

The multi​playe​r,​ howev​er,​ is where​ this game reall​y shine​s,​ just like the first​ one. I haven​'​t had a chanc​e to try out too many of the maps,​ but they seem to be prett​y well laid-​out.​ Of cours​e,​ just like the origi​nal,​ the weapo​ns are absol​utely​ brill​iantl​y execu​ted and mix in with their​ envir​onmen​ts quite​ well.​ If you don'​t know what this means​,​ then play eithe​r the first​ or this one and it'​ll make sense​.​

In the end, my only compl​aints​ invol​ve the plot of the campa​ign mode and a few mecha​nical​ thing​s that could​ have been refin​ed a bit more (​such as how a very large​ porti​on of the game was poorl​y lit and requi​red the night​ visio​n goggl​es a bit too much)​.​ The graph​ics in gamep​lay were actua​lly MUCH bette​r than in the cutsc​enes,​ which​ I'm sure no gamer​ will reall​y compl​ain about​.​ If you are looki​ng for a strai​ght-​up simpl​e "​shoot​ 'em up" game,​ then I highl​y recom​mend Red Facti​on 2 to you. ON the other​ hand,​ if you prefe​r games​ with a stron​g plot and chara​cter devel​opmen​t in your FPS, then I also recom​mend Red Facti​on 2 to you. If you haven​'​t playe​d the first​ one, howev​er,​ I STRON​GLY urge you to go out and buy that game befor​e even comin​g close​ to this one.

Bipolar Bear
01-18-2009, 12:31 AM
Awright! Sonic: Unleashed! Great fuckin' game!

Watch the intro before pushing start. SERIOUSLY!!!
The day stages rule! That's when Sonic is in his typical form! Best part of the game!
At night, he's a were wolf. Those stages ar OK. The fighting is awesome but the level as a whole can be crap.
PLAY THE GAME! IT IS FUCKING AWESOME!!!

Okay Cock Joke! I'm getting that game!

0r4ng3
01-18-2009, 05:51 AM
I heard that Sonic Unleashed was actually pretty terrible. But then again my only source at this point is Zero Punctuation Reviews.

0r4ng3
01-18-2009, 06:19 AM
I think I've played at least six games just like that.

I don't know where specifically to look, but maybe OneMoreLevel.com or Newgrounds.com has it.

zsk
01-18-2009, 06:29 AM
Is any of you knowledgable about flash games?

For years now I've been trying to find that awesome game again, but it appears it's disappeared from the surface of the internet. It's set in a cemetery, a gloomy cemetery, it's got AWESOME music, you've got a couple weapons, a couple jumps, you're supposed to kill zombies and every now and then you replenish your life-bar and purchase better weapons at a medieval shop.

Surely you're heard of this before, haven't you?

show me some samples...

Superdope
01-18-2009, 06:38 AM
try zombiegames.net

they have a whole lot of zombie-themed games.

zsk
01-18-2009, 02:47 PM
I've found it! I've found it at last, it's called Undead Assault.

http://www.shockwave.com/gamelanding/undeadassault.jsp?cid=YSSP

boring!
check out these:
http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt13qekuaKA
http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=x0xyW4YfZhk

sKratch
01-20-2009, 09:15 AM
Haha i used to play Dota on WC3. Dota 3.7! lol
I used to get so serious with it, but i stopped cos it was too addictive.
i used to play on WEST under the name Trickery, hahaha
6.58b is the current map x.x
I don't remember when I started playing, but it was before it was "allstars", you turned into a sheep if you attacked a team mate, you could still trade gold, and the siege engine was a (really bad) hero. I think it was called Sidrel or something like that...

100 mhz on ps2 could mean something completely different in terms speed than 100 mhz on a pc. It's a hardware design thing. Not much to do with windows. Kind of how a new 3ghz intel core 2 duo processor is about twice as fast as an old 3ghz pentium 4 processor. Also, game console processors are design specifically for gaming, which is the reason why PCs need video cards and don't use their cpu for games. I'm sure it's more complicated than this, but I'd be talking out of my ass.
I don't know exactly what the answer is myself, but the core 2 duo to P4 comparison isn't exactly valid. A core 2 duo has two cores, so there are literally two 3ghz processors working at the same time. I think the "designed specifically for gamin" is more more along the right lines.

My brother recently got a new PC, along with Spore, SimCity Societies, and some Age of Mythology game, not sure which. So I'll be mooching off of those games once in a while.

I also tried starting another game in Shenmue II yesterday, but I couldn't get back into it. Story-based games are boring if you already know what's going to happen.

I'm still trying to figure out what the hell you get out of legally owning Spore. Do you have any idea?

0r4ng3
01-20-2009, 11:29 AM
I'm still trying to figure out what the hell you get out of legally owning Spore. Do you have any idea?No clue, but it was a Christmas gift, so not much complaint.

JohnnyNemesis
01-20-2009, 11:40 AM
Mega Man 9 is fucking hard.

sKratch
01-20-2009, 01:35 PM
No clue, but it was a Christmas gift, so not much complaint.

I might have worded that poorly. In fact, I'm fairly certain I did.

I have it pirated and I was considering buying it because my girlfriend likes it a lot and I'm pretty sure there are a few features you miss out on if you don't have it. Do you know if it goes beyond just seeing other people's content show up in your galaxy?

0r4ng3
01-20-2009, 02:00 PM
Oh, you're actually asking. Other than seeing other people's stuff, I don't think there's any other benefit. The one I have doesn't work that way anyway, because of some firewall bullshit.

0r4ng3
01-24-2009, 08:58 AM
So yeah Chrono Trigger is better than any Final Fantasy I've ever played. Then again I've only played 1, 4, and 7.

Tomasisko
01-24-2009, 09:08 AM
I used to play a lot of games. But nowdays only Counter-Strike 1.6 and Guitar Hero :)

RageAndLov
01-24-2009, 10:05 AM
What I play nowadays are
Guitar Hero: World Tour
Legend Of Zelda - A Link To The Past
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Counter Strike: Condition Zero

Ryder1234
01-24-2009, 11:08 AM
So, I've been playing Stranglehold lately. I didnt figure I'd like it, but then I played it and it's actually pretty good. Other games that I've been playing are GTAIV, Far Cry 2, Ace Combat 6, Gears of War, and Nascar 08

nieh
01-24-2009, 11:10 AM
So yeah Chrono Trigger is better than any Final Fantasy I've ever played. Then again I've only played 1, 4, and 7.

Chrono Trigger is better than most games, period.

Bipolar Bear
01-24-2009, 11:17 AM
Downloading mushroom men - the spore wars for Wii.
The graphics look nice and I generally like adventure games so I'll give it a try.
Rated 7.9/10 on IGN. We'll see how it goes.

By the way, I tried Sonic Unleashed as Cock Joke suggested. It's great and I recommend it to everyone. The day stages are the best, but the night ones aren't that bad either. They add some challenge to the game since the day stages are pretty simple. The camera angles are always perfect in this game, the music is nice and not too annoying. Where the game loses points is the overall interface between levels - talking to people in cities by clicking circles is a bit boring.

I can say I liked it better than the other sonic game on wii [secret rings one or something], despite it having a lower rating than the latter from most critics.

I am the lightning rod
01-24-2009, 12:13 PM
Fallout 3
and
Call Of Duty: World At War

GTA 4 is a great game to play for me for when I get stressed out in school.

m.offspring.r
01-24-2009, 01:05 PM
Americas Army (big big game xD)
Counter Strike: Source (this game sucks, only cheaters and noobs LOOOL For ex, @ dust2, 10 players (5ct and 5t), 6 use AWP LOOOL)
Metal Gear Solid 4
Midnight Club Los Angeles

And finally... Gran Turismo 5: Prologue :D:D

But, my favorite game is: Airsoft... Military simulation game, played outdoors :P

Who is more play Airsoft?

PS: Excuse my English... :(

JohnnyNemesis
01-24-2009, 03:11 PM
Unless the game has the words Mega, Man, City, River, or Ransom in it, Chrono Trigger is better.

0r4ng3
01-24-2009, 03:15 PM
Don't forget the words Bound and Earth.

Cock Joke
01-24-2009, 04:07 PM
Super, Mario, Legend, and Zelda as well.

Can't say the same for every game with Sonic and Hedgehog.

T-6005
01-24-2009, 04:14 PM
I used to be such a staunch defender of Sonic 2 and Sonic & Knuckles, but since I got my DS I swear by Sonic Rush. It takes the best of Sonic and bestifies it some more.

Conspiracyof1000
01-24-2009, 05:01 PM
I'm still playing The World Ends With You. My god, this has to be the longest I've played any game other than Pokemon.

Now I have to find a way to get more money so I can buy Chrono Trigger.

Homer
01-24-2009, 05:23 PM
I've been playing some games that everyone needs to play:

Chrono Trigger DS (great on the SNES, great on the DS)
Final Fantasy IV (fuck remakes)
Dead Space (stompin' limbs)
LittleBigPlanet (stompin' sacks)

RageAndLov
01-24-2009, 05:36 PM
By the way, I tried Sonic Unleashed as Cock Joke suggested. It's great and I recommend it to everyone. The day stages are the best, but the night ones aren't that bad either. They add some challenge to the game since the day stages are pretty simple. The camera angles are always perfect in this game, the music is nice and not too annoying. Where the game loses points is the overall interface between levels - talking to people in cities by clicking circles is a bit boring.

I can say I liked it better than the other sonic game on wii [secret rings one or something], despite it having a lower rating than the latter from most critics.

I tried it as well. Was not very happy with it. It was like too much night levels, and the night levels were just to similar and repetive. You just walked around and killed and killed enemies for ten minutes to the point where it got boring. The day levels were amazing though! I mean, the reason we love Sonic is because he runs at the speed of sound, not to punch enemies! I much rather want "Strictly Sonic" with just running and fun, than "Sonic Unleashed"

Hasn't tried Secret of Rings, but Adventure Battle 2 to GameCube and Dreamcast is the best Sonic game I have ever played.

Bipolar Bear
01-24-2009, 06:52 PM
I tried it as well. Was not very happy with it. It was like too much night levels, and the night levels were just to similar and repetive. You just walked around and killed and killed enemies for ten minutes to the point where it got boring. The day levels were amazing though! I mean, the reason we love Sonic is because he runs at the speed of sound, not to punch enemies! I much rather want "Strictly Sonic" with just running and fun, than "Sonic Unleashed"

Hasn't tried Secret of Rings, but Adventure Battle 2 to GameCube and Dreamcast is the best Sonic game I have ever played.

Yeah, true. I guess the reason they didn't put only day stages though is that the game would be WAY too easy. The day stages are ridiculously easy right now. They could of course modify them and add a challenge, but yeah. They kind of needed the night levels so you don't beat the game in 4 hours.

The day levels are about 10x funner than the night levels though..

RageAndLov
01-24-2009, 07:26 PM
Yeah, true. I guess the reason they didn't put only day stages though is that the game would be WAY too easy. The day stages are ridiculously easy right now. They could of course modify them and add a challenge, but yeah. They kind of needed the night levels so you don't beat the game in 4 hours.

The day levels are about 10x funner than the night levels though..

I agree with you. Cut the night levels, make the day levels harder, cause they're 10x funnier than the night levels as you said.

WerGee
02-22-2009, 04:06 AM
Need For Speed

0r4ng3
02-22-2009, 08:18 AM
I started playing Pokemon LeafGreen again. I'm not very far though, I haven't passed Viridian Forest. I picked a grass-type starter (Bulbasaur) for the first time in a Pokemon game in about eight years.

FaQZz
02-22-2009, 08:28 AM
oh shit, pokemon, i think i've played all of them...megaman is a fucking great game... Actually have been playing GTA IV, Star wars knight of the old republic I - II , and Pes 2008 with the argentinian teams patch jejej its awsome.

PLAY PLAY PLAY!

T-6005
02-22-2009, 09:59 AM
I've been playing the original Half-Life. Wow, it's not nearly as immersive as I remember because Gordon Freeman can run so fucking FAST in the original.

I'd run into soldiers within an hour of starting. I basically ran through most of the game to get there - easily.

0r4ng3
02-27-2009, 09:19 AM
Not sure if I mentioned this already, but I started Pokemon LeafGreen again. Which kind of sucks because FireRed is the one with Scyther, my favorite Pokemon of all time. On the other hand, FireRed doesn't have Sandslash, which from experience is turning out to be really powerful.

Oh, and Haunter is awesome.

Andy
02-27-2009, 11:46 AM
Currently addicted to Call of Duty: World at War online. Not even started the single-player yet.

Tomasisko
02-27-2009, 11:49 AM
Guitar Hero III: Legends Of Rock

disclaimer_07
02-27-2009, 11:55 AM
I occasionally play Tekken 5. Definitely one of the best games I've ever played.

Outerspaceman21
02-27-2009, 02:23 PM
Currently addicted to Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia. It's one of the best I've ever played.

I am currently waiting for RE5. I'm so excited it's coming out! YAY!!!!!!!!

sKratch
02-27-2009, 03:20 PM
I'm big into Battlefield 2 again. Shit son.

Ryder1234
02-27-2009, 04:16 PM
I've got quite an addiction to playing GTAIV party mode. Till around 3am every night lately.

Apart from that I've been addicted to Project Gotham Racing 4, I got 500 gamerscore in one day without even trying. I haven't played much else besides that.

Homer
02-27-2009, 06:26 PM
I just bought Flower on the PSN yesterday.

It's a really great game that I recommend to all of you.

KHWHD
02-28-2009, 07:36 PM
Played a bit of BHD tonight. Haven't played in nearly a year. I'm a bit rusty, but did okay I suppose. Not bad for hs's either. I'm Shank. in red by the way. At least I went positive. :eek:

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/5241/99531885.jpg

Conspiracyof1000
03-01-2009, 03:37 AM
I got this shitty Digimon game for my DS. It's surprising how much has changed since I left the series after season 2, most notably Agumon's appearance. Plus the game doesn't even match the current season at all. It's like horribly written fanfiction. I honestly don't know why I'm playing it, other than boredom.
But soon, Resident Evil 5 is released! YES! Hopefully it lives up to the hype.

sKratch
03-01-2009, 09:06 AM
I've got quite an addiction to playing GTAIV party mode. Till around 3am every night lately.

Apart from that I've been addicted to Project Gotham Racing 4, I got 500 gamerscore in one day without even trying. I haven't played much else besides that.

Is anyone able to get GTAIV to not look like complete assballs on a PC? I've got an AMD Athlon X2 64bit 6000+ @ 3.0 GHz per core (x2), nForce 4 chipset, 2x2GB DDR2 800, and 2x8800 GTS 320MB in SLi. I can run Crysis maxed out basically (Fallout 3 as well), but GTAIV wants to run at 800x600 with everything on low. Makes me sad.

Outerspaceman21
03-01-2009, 11:16 AM
I got this shitty Digimon game for my DS. It's surprising how much has changed since I left the series after season 2, most notably Agumon's appearance. Plus the game doesn't even match the current season at all. It's like horribly written fanfiction. I honestly don't know why I'm playing it, other than boredom.
But soon, Resident Evil 5 is released! YES! Hopefully it lives up to the hype.

Yeah, I liked the second digimon game they made for the PS1. It was a good RPG. Really flashy, but I liked it when I was little.

And Resident Evil 5 will kick ass. I have a good feeling about it.

Tijs
03-01-2009, 01:27 PM
Played a bit of BHD tonight. Haven't played in nearly a year. I'm a bit rusty, but did okay I suppose. Not bad for hs's either. I'm Shank. in red by the way. At least I went positive. :eek:

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/5241/99531885.jpg
BHD? What game is that? Delta Force?

I've started playing Call of Duty 2 Multiplayer again, and man I still rock at it.

Bipolar Bear
03-01-2009, 02:46 PM
Secret of Mana. That game reminds me just how hard old school games used to be. Kids have got it easy nowadays. :rolleyes:

In the good ol' days, games required SKILL. Beating a game was actually something that showed you were good, not just that you invested the proper amount of time in the game.

mrconeman
03-01-2009, 03:17 PM
Street Fighter 4 is fucking phenominal.

IamSam
03-01-2009, 03:26 PM
So DICE/EA are messing around with the Frostbite engine that allows completely destructible environments. They are releasing it on Battlefield 1943 which is kind of a go-between-game for when they release the next big Battlefield game.

I've seen buildings destroyed to rubble and trees being blown over by bombs so I hope it lives up to what they say and show.

nieh
03-01-2009, 03:36 PM
Street Fighter 4 is fucking phenominal.

I don't like the new characters. I played this at my friend a couple times and out of like 18 matches, I won all but 2 and those 2 were with crappy new characters (and I still managed to win with one of the other new ones).

mrconeman
03-01-2009, 03:39 PM
I don't like the new characters. I played this at my friend a couple times and out of like 18 matches, I won all but 2 and those 2 were with crappy new characters (and I still managed to win with one of the other new ones).

I haven't really played much with the new characters, but they all do look crap, definitely. Especially that useless fat guy, what the fuck.

I've played the arcade with Sagat, Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li and Guile so far. But other than that I've just been playing it online, and dominating with Ryu. It's extremely fun. Except when playing people who are trying to be really cheap fighters, but then you figure out how to avoid their dirtyness, and pwn them in the second round, and then they rage-quit before you do it again in the third round.

KHWHD
03-01-2009, 03:41 PM
BHD? What game is that? Delta Force?

I've started playing Call of Duty 2 Multiplayer again, and man I still rock at it.

Yeah, Delta Force, Black Hawk Down. As you can tell it's an older game - over 5 years now.

Lars
03-02-2009, 10:30 AM
I tried quake live yesterday. I kind of sucked, not as much as the people below me though, I was around mid table.

A bit too much effort to boot up windows just to play it though.

Tijs
03-04-2009, 10:29 AM
I've started playing Call of Duty 2 Multiplayer again, and man I still rock at it.Oh really, you do? Prove it!

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/7861/codscores.jpg

Too bad I constantly get kicked because they think I cheat...

edit: Whoah, since when is Lars posting again?

IamSam
03-04-2009, 10:32 AM
Haha...Tijs that's great. I laugh because it reminds me of an American Office quote:

Josh: Jim, are you using the MP44 or MP40?
Jim: Sniper...rifle?
Andy: SNIPER? AHH! SNIPER?
Josh: Oh man-
Andy: SNIPER? JIM! You don't use the sniper at Carentan!
Josh: It's ok!
Andy: It's not ok! ARGH! No, I'm gonna kill you for real!

Sorry about that.

nightvision
03-04-2009, 10:32 AM
Damn... Resident Evil 5 is really, really good.

Outerspaceman21
03-04-2009, 03:47 PM
Damn... Resident Evil 5 is really, really good.

Fuck, I can't buy it. Don't have any money to spend.

metalmania
03-04-2009, 04:02 PM
my fav. game is return the castle of wolfenstein!its old but so cool.

KHWHD
03-04-2009, 10:24 PM
I posted a while ago asking people about their thoughts on various consoles. I keep looking at buying a PS2. I heard that PS1 games will also work on PS2s'. Is that true? Also, how important is it to buy the memory card? I'm assuming it's for saving online games and stuff.

0r4ng3
03-04-2009, 10:27 PM
I'm not sure about memory cards, but I know that the PS2 has full backwards compatibility with PS1 games.

KHWHD
03-04-2009, 10:32 PM
Oh really, you do? Prove it!

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/7861/codscores.jpg

Too bad I constantly get kicked because they think I cheat...

edit: Whoah, since when is Lars posting again?

I didn't think to ask you if this is from a console or is it a PC game? I have COD4 (for MP online) and always wondered about the older games.

KHWHD
03-04-2009, 10:33 PM
I'm not sure about memory cards, but I know that the PS2 has full backwards compatibility with PS1 games.

What does that mean? Just that both PS1 and PS2 games will work on each others console?

sKratch
03-04-2009, 10:52 PM
PS1 games work fluidly on PS2. PS2 games only work on PS2.

WebDudette
03-05-2009, 05:19 PM
Left 4 Dead, there is absolutely nothing to the game. You choose from 5 different weapons and you kill zombies... forever. No storyline, at all.

THIS SHIT IS SO CASH.

Spore, I beat the civilization stage in two different ways. Never tried the space stage. The game was a pretty big letdown. Fun while it lasted though.

Majora's Fucking Mask! I never played this when I was younger. I've been playing it on and off for a while now. I'll probably start again real soon, as soon as I get bored of Left 4 Dead. Fuck the water temple.

Tired_Of_You
03-05-2009, 07:05 PM
I hated Majora's Mask. Last time I played (a long, long time ago), I died in the water temple, and didn't have the time to finish it. I haven't played since.

Super Mario World today. Nostalgia.

nieh
03-05-2009, 07:19 PM
Left 4 Dead, there is absolutely nothing to the game. You choose from 5 different weapons and you kill zombies... forever. No storyline, at all.
It's amazing. The most fun I've had playing a game since Psychonauts and Timesplitters. It's been a while since I've played it though since my friend convinced me to get Red Alert 3 so he and I can play online.

Also, how important is it to buy the memory card? I'm assuming it's for saving online games and stuff.

You can't save anything for any game without a memory card, there's no internal hard drive on a PS2 and the games all come on cds. You'll need one for your PS2 games (which will probably last you a long time, they give you more than enough space) and, unfortunately, PS1 used a slightly different type of memory card, so you also need a PS1 memory card if you want to save stuff for PS1 games.

Jebus
03-05-2009, 07:20 PM
oh, Tijs. So you're THAT guy. I hate you. =(

I'm late to the party. I finally got around to playing Gears of War 2. Ending was fun as hell, but too bad it it wasn't a challenge.

KHWHD
03-05-2009, 07:20 PM
You can't save anything for any game without a memory card, there's no internal hard drive on a PS2 and the games all come on cds. You'll need one for your PS2 games (which will probably last you a long time, they give you more than enough space) and, unfortunately, PS1 used a slightly different type of memory card, so you also need a PS1 memory card if you want to save stuff for PS1 games.

Would you recommend buying a PS2? I keep looking at them and thinking - do I really want one? I love video games (consoles and PC) but I just can't decide.

And I don't want a PS3 yet, they're still pretty new so I'll wait for a while.

nieh
03-05-2009, 07:23 PM
Between PS2 and PS1 you have lots of great games to choose from, but there's not going to be many (if any) new ones going forward since the PS3 is out now. I'd say if that's not a problem for you, definitely get one since I love mine (despite the earlier models being shit).

KHWHD
03-05-2009, 07:32 PM
Between PS2 and PS1 you have lots of great games to choose from, but there's not going to be many (if any) new ones going forward since the PS3 is out now. I'd say if that's not a problem for you, definitely get one since I love mine (despite the earlier models being shit).

I know the one I was looking at has the console, and one controller. So what else do I need to buy then to run/play? Another controller and the memory card? Is that it, besides (obviously) the games?

On a side a note - I remember years ago when I bought the N64 and the fucking adapter was seperate from the machine, so I had to go out and buy one. Never had to with any of the other Nintendo systems before that. Ridiculous.

T-6005
03-05-2009, 08:26 PM
I'll second the PS2 recommendation. There are endless possibilities for fun no matter what you like.

Final Fantasy X, Metal Gear Solid(s), Dragonball Z Budokai 3, the Kingdom Hearts series, the Star Wars Battlefront series, Need For Speed Underground 2, the Hot Shots Golf series, Katamari Damachi, the Jak & Daxter series, Dragon Quest VII, God Of War I and II, the Prince of Persia series, Destory All Humans, Dynasty Warriors.

Not to mention Street Fighter, Sonic, and countless other packs and anthologies. The list goes on and on.

KHWHD
03-05-2009, 08:30 PM
I'll second the PS2 recommendation. There are endless possibilities for fun no matter what you like.

Final Fantasy X, Metal Gear Solid(s), Dragonball Z Budokai 3, the Kingdom Hearts series, the Star Wars Battlefront series, Need For Speed Underground 2, the Hot Shots Golf series, Katamari Damachi, the Jak & Daxter series, Dragon Quest VII, God Of War I and II, the Prince of Persia series, Destory All Humans, Dynasty Warriors.

Not to mention Street Fighter, Sonic, and countless other packs and anthologies. The list goes on and on.

Do you suggest any good FPS games for PS2? I'd love to find BHD (Delta Force, Black Hawk Down) and also like to pick up COD4. What do you and/or others suggest?

nieh
03-05-2009, 08:53 PM
I'm a huge fan of the Timesplitters series. They're dumb and lack any real plot but they're SO much fun, especially the multiplayer.

KHWHD
03-05-2009, 08:54 PM
I'm a huge fan of the Timesplitters series. They're dumb and lack any real plot but they're SO much fun, especially the multiplayer.

I'm too lazy to look it up. What kind of game is that?

nieh
03-05-2009, 08:55 PM
First Person Shooter, developed by the same crew that did Goldeneye and Perfect Dark on N64.

KHWHD
03-05-2009, 09:08 PM
First Person Shooter, developed by the same crew that did Goldeneye and Perfect Dark on N64.

Awesome, thanks for advice.

T-6005
03-05-2009, 09:12 PM
Hrm. I mostly stick to PC for my FPS needs, but Battlefront and Battlefront 2 both earn an easy nod in fun PS2 shooters.

I hear Syphon Filter is fun, though it might be third person.

There are a few Tom Clancy entries in the FPS series for PS2. I really don't stick by it that much. The PS2's main selling point for me was just the range of awesome games there are on it. No matter what you like you'll find something worth your time, and it allows you to broaden your appreciation with quality brawlers like Budokai 3, RPG gold like FFX and so on and so forth.

Bipolar Bear
03-05-2009, 09:16 PM
Tenchu: Shadow Assassins for Wii. Great game! 8.5/10

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20081002/wiiss65.jpg

House of the Dead: Overkill for Wii. Bad game. WAY too easy. 6.5/10

http://wiimedia.ign.com/wii/image/article/899/899925/the-house-of-the-dead-overkill-20080818065536697_640w.jpg

mrconeman
03-05-2009, 09:17 PM
Red Faction is a great fps on ps2.

T-6005
03-05-2009, 09:18 PM

OH FUCK YEAH IT IS.

Red Faction is always no matter what you play it on.

mrconeman
03-05-2009, 09:19 PM
Red Faction was multi-platform?

AP guy
03-05-2009, 10:06 PM
I'm currently obsessed with MLB 2k9

T-6005
03-05-2009, 10:14 PM
Red Faction was multi-platform?

It had a PC release. And thank god it did.

Thomas
03-05-2009, 11:34 PM
OH FUCK YEAH IT IS.

Red Faction is always no matter what you play it on.

I was a HUGE fan of the first Red Faction and thought there was no way the sequel could beat it. Then I got Red Faction 2 and basically crapped my pants because they managed to keep everything that made the first one awesome and improved on any weaknesses the first one had. The story was irrelevant to the first one, but the sheer awesomeness of the whole game more than made up for that.

Outerspaceman21
03-05-2009, 11:44 PM
Hey, RE5 is coming out on the 13th. it was released today in japan. Any japanese gamers that are on here get it and play it?

I want it badly (correct useage thanks to Dexter), but I can't afford so I'm either gonna wait until easter (gifts on easter sunday is a tradition in my family) or my birthday, which is in june.

Patience is one hell of a virtue, isn't it?

Bipolar Bear
03-06-2009, 12:12 AM
RE5 is coming out on the 13th

Sweet! penispenis

Offspring-Junkie
03-06-2009, 01:39 PM
my fav. game is return the castle of wolfenstein!its old but so cool.

So true. My favourite ego-shooter of all time.

the_offsprings_monkey
03-07-2009, 08:08 AM

Agreed. Number two was even more immense, but I had that on the xbox instead. Also roll on Red Faction 3, should be pretty good by the looks of it.

Lately I've just been playing Fifa 09
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a390/fitbabits/FIFA%2009/FIFA-09_2008_07-01-08_04.jpg

And some old school Timesplitters: Future Perfect.
http://www.ugo.com/images/galleries/timesplittersfutureperfect_games/1.jpg

nightvision
03-07-2009, 02:30 PM
Hey, RE5 is coming out on the 13th. it was released today in japan. Any japanese gamers that are on here get it and play it?

I want it badly (correct useage thanks to Dexter), but I can't afford so I'm either gonna wait until easter (gifts on easter sunday is a tradition in my family) or my birthday, which is in june.

Patience is one hell of a virtue, isn't it?

Me and my friend are at chapter 5 and it has just recently started to get a lot scarier with creepy creatures showing up when you don't expect them too. I hope there's at least 8 chapters in total cause this game is really awesome and you should really try to get a hold of it.

I've got a modded xbox and the game leaked 4 days ago. If you've got a few original games you could sell and if you don't have any moral reasons against it you should really get your machine modded.

Outerspaceman21
03-07-2009, 02:56 PM
Me and my friend are at chapter 5 and it has just recently started to get a lot scarier with creepy creatures showing up when you don't expect them too. I hope there's at least 8 chapters in total cause this game is really awesome and you should really try to get a hold of it.

I've got a modded xbox and the game leaked 4 days ago. If you've got a few original games you could sell and if you don't have any moral reasons against it you should really get your machine modded.

I actually do have moral reasons against.

Plus I like the feeling of waiting for something for a long while and that satisfying feeling of finally getting it.

Tijs
03-07-2009, 04:24 PM
Lately I've just been playing Fifa 09I've been thinking of installing Fifa '98 RTWC again, but I don't think it runs on XP...

RonWelty
03-07-2009, 04:54 PM
Fifa 09 is really good for consoles, but bad on computer.

PS: why there is no relevent TYCOON GAME being released?

Tijs
03-07-2009, 05:02 PM
Because the only truly amazing Tycoon game was released in 1994: Transport Tycoon.

RonWelty
03-07-2009, 05:05 PM
Because the only truly amazing Tycoon game was released in 1994: Transport Tycoon.

I'm tired of that!

Anyway, anyone here plays FOOTBALL MANAGER LIVE? I'm sick tired of the offline version. But It's a bit overpriced I think...

Tijs
03-07-2009, 05:09 PM
Tired of Transport Tycoon?! I just looked up some old screenshots and I wish I had the time to play this awesome game again.

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/5682/scrn1stationhg6q.jpg

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/7231/scrn4stationkl0k.jpg

Stylie
03-07-2009, 05:10 PM
Well, I think I'm playing much less now than I did a couple of years ago, but I still play a bit.

Generally Test Drive Unlimited, Live For Speed Demo, Half-Life 2 (+ Deathmach), and a little bit CS 1.6. Played the 21 day trial of EVE Online too, thinking of buying it when it comes out in the stores including many free days, but I don't know for sure. If so, I'm gonna buy a better graphic card too!

RonWelty
03-07-2009, 05:13 PM
Sadly I don't have a lot of time to play. On X360 I'm only playing drums (rock band 2) at weekends. For PC I'm really waiting Battlefield Heroes.

RonWelty
03-07-2009, 05:14 PM
Tired of Transport Tycoon?! I just looked up some old screenshots and I wish I had the time to play this awesome game again.

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/5682/scrn1stationhg6q.jpg

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/7231/scrn4stationkl0k.jpg

It's too simple now. And that "locomotion" and the other one brought nothing new.

Tijs
03-07-2009, 05:25 PM
Locomotion sucked, I agree. In Transport Tycoon it's easy to make money, but it's a lot harder to build efficient complex railway tracks without trains getting lost or waiting in line for an hour.

Stylie
03-07-2009, 05:30 PM
I used to play FIFA Football 2002, Toy Story 2 and SimCity 3000 World Edition before!
Ah, good memories, great games... :D

RonWelty
03-07-2009, 05:31 PM
Locomotion sucked, I agree. In Transport Tycoon it's easy to make money, but it's a lot harder to build efficient complex railway tracks without trains getting lost or waiting in line for an hour.

yes, but I always go with airplanes! Most of my companies are made of aircrafts for passengers and trains for cargo. Railways is the funniest shit in this game I agree. I had Railroad tycoon for Dreamcast and I liked it.

Andy
03-07-2009, 06:40 PM
Recently dug out Dark Reign: The Future of War. Also think I may re-install Civilization IV, as it is an unashamedly awesome game.

Really, really can't wait for the new Resident Evil game. I may die in an explosion of geeky orgasmnness when it's released in the UK.

Thomas
03-07-2009, 06:58 PM
I'm playing Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30. I like how it's not your typical WWII shooter in that it has several characters with distinct personalities and you can't just spray bullets everywhere to beat levels. It's very difficult to shoot enemies, except in a good way. It give a sort of sense of tension that seems to get you more involved in the game. I'll give a better review once I've beaten it.

Stylie
03-07-2009, 07:41 PM
I'm playing Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30. I like how it's not your typical WWII shooter in that it has several characters with distinct personalities and you can't just spray bullets everywhere to beat levels. It's very difficult to shoot enemies, except in a good way. It give a sort of sense of tension that seems to get you more involved in the game. I'll give a better review once I've beaten it.

Ah man, I love Brothers In Arms! I got Road To Hill 30 too, but haven't "beaten it" yet. Bought it from a friend and played it a lot then, but I didn't finish it.

And the movie Band of Brothers... dude... that's the best movie serie ever! So well made, so well made. Definitely my favourite movie (well, it's longer then that, but anyway). 'Caus you know, when you take Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks as producers, Damian Lewis, Donnie Wahlberg, Neal McDonough and many other great ones as actors it just gotta be amazing.

bighead384
03-08-2009, 04:03 PM
I just beat the Water Temple in Ocarina of time, but it was the most frustrating damn thing ever. It took me a little over three hours! I think about 45 minutes of that time was wasted when I didn't realize that there is a hole in the floor behind the treasure chest where you get the hookshot. The game designers are straight up bastards for putting that there. When you get the hookshot, you're thinking "what can I do with this now that I have it" and you would never think to check behind the chest. The stupidest shit holds you back in that temple, not the regular puzzles.

RonWelty
03-08-2009, 04:08 PM
Ah man, I love Brothers In Arms! I got Road To Hill 30 too, but haven't "beaten it" yet. Bought it from a friend and played it a lot then, but I didn't finish it.

And the movie Band of Brothers... dude... that's the best movie serie ever! So well made, so well made. Definitely my favourite movie (well, it's longer then that, but anyway). 'Caus you know, when you take Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks as producers, Damian Lewis, Donnie Wahlberg, Neal McDonough and many other great ones as actors it just gotta be amazing.

I'm with you! It made me play Call of Duty 2 online only in Carentan by the time I saw that serie!

T-6005
03-08-2009, 04:16 PM
I just beat the Water Temple in Ocarina of time, but it was the most frustrating damn thing ever. It took me a little over three hours! I think about 45 minutes of that time was wasted when I didn't realize that there is a hole in the floor behind the treasure chest where you get the hookshot. The game designers are straight up bastards for putting that there. When you get the hookshot, you're thinking "what can I do with this now that I have it" and you would never think to check behind the chest. The stupidest shit holds you back in that temple, not the regular puzzles.

Agreed - 60% of Ocarina of Time players stop playing at the Water Temple. At least.

Right now I'm playing Tribes: Vengeance. Sad there isn't a new Tribes release planned. It's a ton of fun.

Stylie
03-08-2009, 05:06 PM
I'm with you! It made me play Call of Duty 2 online only in Carentan by the time I saw that serie!

Hah, great man! That serie is f... ace. xD
Haven't played Call of Duty 2, though. Is it good?

the_offsprings_monkey
03-08-2009, 08:48 PM
I've been thinking of installing Fifa '98 RTWC again, but I don't think it runs on XP...

Info about playing it on XP (http://www.soccergaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144018)

To be honest though, if we're talking about old school football games, everyone knows Fifa 99 was pure perfection, also World Cup 98 was an immense game.

bighead384
03-08-2009, 09:40 PM
Agreed - 60% of Ocarina of Time players stop playing at the Water Temple. At least.

I forgot to mention: I have already beaten this game. That was at least 10 years ago, but I still have played it before.

Andy
03-09-2009, 01:57 PM
Ocarina of Time = amazing.

Going PC game mental: SimCity 4, Emperor: Battle for Dune, Dark Reign (proper old school)

zsk
03-09-2009, 03:39 PM
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland anyone???

RickyCrack
03-09-2009, 06:58 PM
i've been playing street fighter 4. finally just unlocked gouken and seth. kinda pisses me off that i'm either hit or miss with sagat's ultimate combo. that double quarter circle kills me.

mrconeman
03-09-2009, 07:02 PM
I've still got to unlock Seth. Because beating it on medium with the useless characters seems too much for me to even bother trying.

I want to beat it on normal with everyone to get the PS3 trophy for it, and I don't want to do it on easy just to get Seth then have to do it on medium again sometime later. I've beat it with everyone but those I'm awful with and haven't even played as yet.

So thats like...Zangief, Dahlsim, Rufus, and Rose.

I'm dominating online though, it's great fun.

Ninty Man
03-09-2009, 07:22 PM
Somedoby here played Soul Calibur IV??? I rented it like a month ago, and men, it sucked hard...

SFIV, on the other hand: Is so fucking hard, I don't know how to get the combos and all that shit you know???

mrconeman
03-09-2009, 07:26 PM
I could only ever imagine someone finding Street Fighter difficult if they had never played a Street Fighter game before in their lives. If that's the case all it takes is for you to master a few characters. Just go into the challenges and it teaches you their moves.

Soul Caliber IV though, I downloaded the demo from the PSN when I was bored one day, it wasn't awful, but I'd definitely never buy it. I'm generally not that big into fighting games beyond the big 3. Street Fighter, Tekken, Mortal Kombat.

nieh
03-09-2009, 07:31 PM
I played MK vs DC at my friend's house the other day and just wasn't feeling it. I dunno if it's my imagination, but the controls and special moves seem to be way more difficult to get done now than they used to be. I haven't played a Mortal Kombat game since 4 on N64 though, so I might just be remembering things wrong and just lost everything in that time.

T-6005
03-14-2009, 04:43 PM
FFX.

Wonderful game - but fuck do I ever hate Blitzball.

RageAndLov
03-14-2009, 06:38 PM
Now I'm playing
Kirby's Air Ride (I love it, so much to do!)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
CS:CZ
GH: World Tour
Audiosurf (A great way to experience music!)
Donald Duck's Quack Attack

0r4ng3
03-16-2009, 09:51 PM
Okay, so I've downloaded a SNES emulator (again), and I need suggestions for ROMs to download. I already have Earthbound, and I don't need to get Chrono Trigger, I've already played the DS version.

nieh
03-16-2009, 09:52 PM
Super Punch Out

Bipolar Bear
03-16-2009, 09:58 PM
Okay, so I've downloaded a SNES emulator (again), and I need suggestions for ROMs to download. I already have Earthbound, and I don't need to get Chrono Trigger, I've already played the DS version.

Contra
mario word
yoshi's island
mario rpg
all the donkey kongs..
secret of mana
final fantasy
metroid
legend of zelda

Can't think of all the awesome SNES titles right now cuz there are so many!

Homer
03-17-2009, 12:57 AM
Well, I've been playing a game called Flower lately...

Here's a review I did for Freezecracker.com:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOPLrGEJT80

m.offspring.r
03-17-2009, 08:39 AM
PC:
- Civilization IV
- Americas Army

PS3:
- Metal Gear Solid 4
- Fifa 09 (Online)

sipptaroowsky
03-17-2009, 01:23 PM