PDA

View Full Version : My father just had a stroke.

WebDudette
10-28-2008, 07:06 PM
So yeah. While I was at school. My phone is turned off so I didn't find out till just now. I'm not sure how to deal with this. His in the hospital and they are keeping him over night.

come out swinging
10-28-2008, 07:17 PM
Sorry to hear that. Just tell yourself thats its going to be alright.

nieh
10-28-2008, 07:18 PM
I hope he's ok. Did they give you any more details about it or do they not really know anything yet?

WebDudette
10-28-2008, 07:19 PM
I got a hold of him and he said they were letting him leave tomorrow. Thats basically all I know.

randman21
10-28-2008, 07:20 PM
Yeah. I wish him a quick recovery. Everything will be fine.

lost_nvrfound
10-28-2008, 07:24 PM
yikes! that sucks! well at least they only feel the need to keep him overnight. That is a good sign.

Rag Doll
10-28-2008, 07:46 PM
ohgod. i'm sorry. i hope everything is ok with him.

iPunk247
10-28-2008, 07:50 PM
HOPE & FAiTH. pray for a miracle. if you believe in god / jesus christ & virgin mary that is but not to lucifer because i said so and know so. he'll be just fine. are you doing 0k? cya

Apathy
10-28-2008, 07:50 PM
Hopefully no permanent damage. My aunt had a stroke a few months ago and she seems perfectly normal now.

On the flip side I know a woman who had a stroke and basically was never the same again. Walks with a limp, slow with comprehension, no math skills etc.

Let's hope for the former of course.

lost_nvrfound
10-28-2008, 07:54 PM
well, if they are only keeping him overnight, I would think that it wasn't too bad. Not to trivialize how you must feel or anything. I know its gotta suck. I'm just trying to say that with the technology today and the fact that they are only keeping him overnight, they must've caught it and removed the clot pretty early. so i hope everything will be alright.

Little_Miss_1565
10-28-2008, 08:19 PM
echoing what others have said about only being in the hospital overnight being a very good sign. I can only imagine how scary this is for you. Wishing you and your family all the best.

RickyCrack
10-28-2008, 08:55 PM
typically if the actual lenth of the stroke is short and they get help right away. its generally not a life changing experience. however I give you and your family my best regards

WebDudette
10-28-2008, 09:27 PM
I visited him. He seemed alright, mostly he complained about them not letting him leave, then he fell asleep right before we left.

I guess he has 20 minutes of chest pains at 5am, then again at 7am before calling 911. Hes a stubborn ass.

Anyway, I guess they haven't found anything wrong with him. His temperature is low, but it always has been.

Tizzalicious
10-29-2008, 05:01 AM
I'm so sorry to hear that! I'm glad to hear he seems alright and that they didn't find anything wrong.

JoY
10-29-2008, 06:16 AM
oh man, that must be incredibly scary for you, as 1565 said. I'm sorry, dude, I hope he'll be fine. was it a full blown cerebrovascular accident, or more a transient ischemic attack? if it's the latter, by definition there should be no remaining damage. it sounds like they caught it in time, which is good.

Camilamazed
10-29-2008, 06:19 AM
I'm sorry to hear that. Hope your dad gets better soon.

=)

Grimesy da Offspringfan
10-29-2008, 06:36 AM
I hope he'll be alright. Two of my (not too close) realatives died in stroke this year :(

wheelchairman
10-29-2008, 07:15 AM
That sucks man. He will probably be mostly all right. Perhaps you can expect some more neuroticness (at least a little), I mean not expect it but if it comes out don't be too surprised.

It sounds with the quick release and the fact that he seemed normal that he probably will make a full recovery.

Rutegard
10-29-2008, 07:42 AM
he shouldn't have waited that long to call 911, but hopefully he will get better with small (or none) consequences

cardiovascular diseases, including strokes and coronary artery disease, are the leading cause of death worldwide, for example, in 2005, this diseases represented 30 % of ALL deaths worldwide

preventive advices are good to all of us, and in developed countries they had a huge sucess (the numbers actually went down), however, in developing countries, deaths by cardiovascular diseases, keep on rising

so, if you feel any chest pain (a.k.a angina pectoris), after practicing an exercice/sport, or while u r resting down on your bed or sofa, don't hesitate to see a doctor.

if you don't practice exercise, have a not so healthy dietary, mainly 'cause of all the fats and animal products u ingest, and if you smoke (or drink, or have diabetes, or excess of weight), make sure to check periodically your arteries for lipid acumulation, specially if you are a man, or a post-menopause woman.

don't wait for the clinical events!

batfish
10-29-2008, 08:46 AM
My mum had a sort of stroke (TIA) when I was 14 and it was barely noticeable. She didn't have to stay in hospital long either. She couldn't write legibly for a while and her right foot was numb in one place, but that was it. Six years on she is completely back to normal, if a bit of a health-freak.

I hope your dad makes a full recovery as well; he sounds like he's doing ok from what you said.

lost_nvrfound
10-29-2008, 09:18 AM
*shakes a nagging finger* You guys best listen to Dr. Rutey. She studies these things. She knows the cardiovascular system inside and out. :D <3 <3

The problem with heart attacks is that people still seem to not be able to recognize the symptoms or the seriousness of the matter. Though really, a lot of people, especially females, don't present with the "common" symptoms of a heart attack or stroke. I know this paramedic who once had a woman call for an ambulance because her big toe hurt. They took her to the hospital because she was concerned and it turned out that she was having a pretty major AMI (acute myocardial infarction or heart attack). Thats some crazy shit right there.

Gahh! I feel sooo tempted to whip out my medical book and go all scientific about it. But I figure its best to let Rutegard. The circulatory system is not really my forté. Med school here I come. (if i could pull my grade up in chem. Chem is not really my thing. I'm much more into the whole human biology type thing)

LosingStreak
10-29-2008, 09:21 AM
*shakes a nagging finger* You guys best listen to Dr. Rutey. She studies these things. She knows the cardiovascular system inside and out. :D <3 <3

The problem with heart attacks is that people still seem to not be able to recognize the symptoms or the seriousness of the matter. Though really, a lot of people, especially females, don't present with the "common" symptoms of a heart attack or stroke. I know this paramedic who once had a woman call for an ambulance because her big toe hurt. They took her to the hospital because she was concerned and it turned out that she was having a pretty major AMI (acute myocardial infarction or heart attack). Thats some crazy shit right there.

Gahh! I feel sooo tempted to whip out my medical book and go all scientific about it. But I figure its best to let Rutegard. The circulatory system is not really my forté. Med school here I come. (if i could pull my grade up in chem. Chem is not really my thing. I'm much more into the whole human biology type thing)

I don't like you. You should go away!

jacknife737
10-29-2008, 09:29 AM
Glad everything seems to be fine; hopefully there won't be any more complications and what not.

Rutegard
10-29-2008, 09:32 AM

we all should listen to this girl :D

lost_nvrfound
10-29-2008, 09:43 AM
we all should listen to this girl :D

haha! Thanks.

I don't like you. You should go away!

QUIET YOU!

dr.vanessa
10-29-2008, 10:02 AM
he shouldn't have waited that long to call 911, but hopefully he will get better with small (or none) consequences

cardiovascular diseases, including strokes and coronary artery disease, are the leading cause of death worldwide, for example, in 2005, this diseases represented 30 % of ALL deaths worldwide

preventive advices are good to all of us, and in developed countries they had a huge sucess (the numbers actually went down), however, in developing countries, deaths by cardiovascular diseases, keep on rising

so, if you feel any chest pain (a.k.a angina pectoris), after practicing an exercice/sport, or while u r resting down on your bed or sofa, don't hesitate to see a doctor.

if you don't practice exercise, have a not so healthy dietary, mainly 'cause of all the fats and animal products u ingest, and if you smoke (or drink, or have diabetes, or excess of weight), make sure to check periodically your arteries for lipid acumulation, specially if you are a man, or a post-menopause woman.

don't wait for the clinical events!

q.f.t.
i also need to say that it can be not only like a chest pain but also like a pain reflection on ur left[usually] shoulder or olenian side of ur arm ,on the down part of mouth [buccae?gnathos?i dunno the correct word in english..:o]or even a stomach pain..
my best wishes to your dad:)

batfish
10-29-2008, 10:26 AM
When I go jogging occasionally my left shoulder hurts inside. This happens to a couple of my friends too. I'm only 20 and pretty healthy & not fat, what does this count as? I mean, i think i'd know if i was having a heart attack, but is the pain my heart struggling or something?

lost_nvrfound
10-29-2008, 11:08 AM
When I go jogging occasionally my left shoulder hurts inside. This happens to a couple of my friends too. I'm only 20 and pretty healthy & not fat, what does this count as? I mean, i think i'd know if i was having a heart attack, but is the pain my heart struggling or something?

If you want to think worst case type scenario, it could be something like angina, which usually shows itself in the form of arterial spasms. You see, the lining of your arteries and veins has a lot of muscle. This muscle controls how dialated or constricted they are. When they constrict, your blood pressure goes up and when they relax, your blood pressure drops (which is what causes a lot of fainting spells). Its a coping mechanism in your body that is very handy. But sometimes the muscles in the arterial wall spasm, which causes heart attack like symptoms. And that is why, when a person relaxes and/or takes nitro glycerin (which causes dialation), the symptoms go away.

BUT, at your age, this is very unlikely. To me, it seems like this would be related more to respiratory endurance or something like that. Over exhertion on the lungs or even in general can cause all types of pain. Especially things like your chest feeling tight or radiating pain through your upper body. My advice to you would be to go get a treadmill test and physical done with your doctor. He/she could confirm whats causing it and I bet a million to one that it has nothing to do with your heart.

Also, don't stop running. Its good for you, and the more you do it, the better your body will handle it.

Jojan
10-29-2008, 12:28 PM
LOL. My dad had a stroke while he was driving. He was able to park the car. Funny think too was that my mother didn't want to call for an ambulance, so she called my sister to come with her boyfriend to drive them, and to get me home but her boyfriend wasn't home so we had to waint like half an hour for them to come.

IamSam
10-29-2008, 12:31 PM
That sucks. I hope that he makes a full recovery and hope that he is able to prevent it from happening in the future. If I may ask, how old is your dad?

Rutegard
10-29-2008, 12:40 PM

explain that to your doc, better be safe than sorry :p

and your avatar scares me LOL

lost_nvrfound
10-29-2008, 12:48 PM
and your avatar scares me LOL

poor poor wet kitty...

Lager_Lolly
10-29-2008, 04:01 PM
There'll be only about 2% of people on here who can remember me, but I have to reply in this thread.

I was always one of the old people (45 now...same as Noodles ;-) hehe ) and I joined this site in 2001 I think...

I just want to say, I had a heart attack last year. I've been smoking and drinking for years! I'm an original 1977 punk and continued to live like one! I always thought I was immortal till I felt the pain in my chest spread down my left arm! Then I knew I had to get a grip!

You lot are all just young kids and I hope to god you look after yourself better than I have over the years! Life is a lot shorter than you think so I hope you all take more care than I did!
Lynz xx

wheelchairman
10-29-2008, 04:06 PM
Holy crap lager lolly! (both for you still being alive and posting, AND for the heart attack.)

Better now?

Lager_Lolly
10-29-2008, 04:12 PM
Hey there :-D thank god for someone on here I recognise LOL

I'm doing ok now! hows you??? :)

nieh
10-29-2008, 04:23 PM
So, I was called by my brother on the way home from work and told my dad is in the hospital now too with pneumonia.

p.s. I remember Lager_Lolly as well.

wheelchairman
10-29-2008, 04:34 PM
So, I was called by my brother on the way home from work and told my dad is in the hospital now too with pneumonia.

You really do have some serious bad luck. Good luck though.

lost_nvrfound
10-29-2008, 05:21 PM

yeah, you run into that a lot with heart attacks. My mom's friend had a heart attack a year and a half ago and she also had a serious case of pneumonia. fortunately its not that hard to treat usually and so he should be alright! :) have high hope, mmk?

Bipolar Bear
10-29-2008, 05:40 PM
A 17-year-old guy at my college had a stroke. Apparently he had sudden death
syndrome. His chances of surviving were 2%, but apparently he did survive.
He's getting a pacemaker installed now.

Rutegard
10-30-2008, 04:42 AM
I just want to say, I had a heart attack last year. I've been smoking and drinking for years! I'm an original 1977 punk and continued to live like one! I always thought I was immortal till I felt the pain in my chest spread down my left arm! Then I knew I had to get a grip!

You lot are all just young kids and I hope to god you look after yourself better than I have over the years! Life is a lot shorter than you think so I hope you all take more care than I did!
Lynz xx

like i said...we all need to change some bad habits

i'm glad u are ok now, and i'm also glad u learned your lesson

A 17-year-old guy at my college had a stroke.

oh yeah, now this is the new part of the problem....more and more kids are suffering this...

bad news for all of us!!

don't forget what i said, keep that in mind, and trust me....

i'm gonna TRY SO HARD to improve diagnoses for atherosclerosis this year at the lab!!

to make our lifes easier :D

JoY
10-30-2008, 05:25 AM
is it just me, or are a lot of you confusing a stroke (CVA) with a heart attack?

signs of a stroke are asymmetries in the face (for instance the mouth hanging on one side), asymmetries in bodyfunction (for instance one arm being paralysed) & losing speech, both being able to form words &/or saying things that make no sense &/or being able to comprehend what's being said.

extreme chestpains in combination with pain in the left shoulder/jaw/arm are typical signs of a heart attack. angina pectoris is extreme pain in the chest area (the direct translation of angina pectoris), when the heart gets too little oxygen between heartbeats during exercise in someone with coronary artery disease. it forces the patient to stop, after which the pain typically fades away. if not, you're dealing with a heart attack.

you have nothing to worry about, unless you & your friends have a congenital heart disease. do you do sports that you use your left shoulder a lot for? maybe it's just muscle aches. it could be that you unconsciously contract the muscles in your shoulder, while exercising. a lot of people do that without noticing. just try to relax your shoulders during exercise & breathe evenly.

There'll be only about 2% of people on here who can remember me, but I have to reply in this thread.

I was always one of the old people (45 now...same as Noodles ;-) hehe ) and I joined this site in 2001 I think...

Lynz xx

oh my god, Lager Lolly! you're back! or well, made one post. I'm sorry to hear you had a stroke, I hope you're alright.

oh crap, Josh.:( that sucks. to comfort you; they mostly admit patients with pneumonia just for prevention, in case fluid builds up in the lungs & such. have they taken sputum-tests yet/know which bacteria are the cause? as soon as they've figured that out, they can treat him with specific narrow-spectrum antibiotics to attack the problem directly. I'm sure they'll take good care of him in the hospital & I hope he'll be fine. *hugs*

A 17-year-old guy at my college had a stroke. Apparently he had sudden death
syndrome. His chances of surviving were 2%, but apparently he did survive.
He's getting a pacemaker installed now.

poor thing. I knew a girl about my age (younger though) who recently died from a congenital heart disease, sudden death syndrome. she already had a pacemaker, but she still had a heart attack.

Rutegard
10-30-2008, 05:29 AM
is it just me, or are a lot of you confusing a stroke (CVA) with a heartattack?

sorry....maybe it was cause of me....i introduced cardiovascular diseases which include strokes and heartattacks....and maybe ppl started to talk more about heartattacks...

my bad.....

ups

JoY
10-30-2008, 05:45 AM
sorry....maybe it was cause of me....i introduced cardiovascular diseases which include strokes and heartattacks....and maybe ppl started to talk more about heartattacks...

my bad.....

ups

it's okay. it's a rather common mistake, so it seems. cardio- = heart, but thanks to the vascular-part, cardiovascular disease includes pretty much all arteries & veins, because any disease of the vascularity never limits itself to one artery/vein/spot in the body. so it automatically includes strokes, heart attacks & intermittent claudication/claudicatio intermittens. it's kind of like how an ant is an insect, but an insect isn't always an ant.

most often it all comes down to atherosclerosis, with the same risk factors, etc.

nieh
10-30-2008, 07:28 AM
is it just me, or are a lot of you confusing a stroke (CVA) with a heart attack?

I just want to say, I had a heart attack last year.

oh my god, Lager Lolly! you're back! or well, made one post. I'm sorry to hear you had a stroke, I hope you're alright.
lulz

oh crap, Josh.:( that sucks. to comfort you; they mostly admit patients with pneumonia just for prevention, in case fluid builds up in the lungs & such. have they taken sputum-tests yet/know which bacteria are the cause? as soon as they've figured that out, they can treat him with specific narrow-spectrum antibiotics to attack the problem directly. I'm sure they'll take good care of him in the hospital & I hope he'll be fine. *hugs*

I don't really know anything except that they did some procedure to try and get the fluid out of his lungs. He's had it at least once before and recovered, but this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huntington%27s_disease#Prognosis) doesn't really make me happy. He's progressed a lot, even in just the last few months.

_Lost_
10-30-2008, 07:54 AM
Well, I think its because pilz-e referred to it as a stroke, but then said his dad had chest pain.

Plus, well damn nieh. Huntington's? That really sucks.

JoY
10-30-2008, 08:07 AM
that's because like everyone, she was talking about a heart attack in a topic about strokes, dammit! gets even ME confused.

& because my attention-span is mini-sized. :[ I already thought it was a bit strange for Lynz to have a stroke at her age.

Josh, about your dad, I know, I'm so sorry. it immediately crossed my mind, which is why I didn't want to say that he will be fine. did he progress a lot, or did his disease? was it a punction for fluid they did? sounds like fluid is building up then. it's a good sign you didn't use plural, though, so I guess they only had to do a punction once & there isn't an endless production of fluid from the infection. I hope they can get it under control, with narrow-spectrum treatment that should be possible. I don't know what else to say & whatever I'd say wouldn't be very helpful I'm sure anyway. *big huge hug*

_Lost_
10-30-2008, 08:10 AM
haha! well its pilz-e's thread.

JoY
10-30-2008, 08:21 AM
_Lost_; holy shit, you're right, I entirely missed that bit!

so anyway, turns out PilZ-E's dad had a heart attack, no? I guess Lager Lolly was right on topic then, haha. at least I was right when I said that a lot of folks here are confusing a stroke with a heart attack.

nieh
10-30-2008, 08:29 AM
did he progress a lot, or did his disease?
The disease. I could pm you and elaborate but I'm at work right now and don't want to get all mopey.

was it a punction for fluid they did? sounds like fluid is building up then. it's a good sign you didn't use plural, though, so I guess they only had to do a punction once & there isn't an endless production of fluid from the infection. I hope they can get it under control, with narrow-spectrum treatment that should be possible. I don't know what else to say & whatever I'd say wouldn't be very helpful I'm sure anyway. *big huge hug*
I honestly couldn't tell you. I'm not really familiar with the terms for pneumonia treatment and all the info I have I got from a brief conversation with my brother and he got it from my grandma who doesn't really know how to explain stuff like that properly. He's only been there for a day, if they had to do it a second time is that something that they would do so soon after the first or would they have to wait and see if there was more buildup? *hugs back*

_Lost_
10-30-2008, 08:39 AM
yeah, it took me a bit of backtracking to be sure of that. But yeah, I think there is some general confusion. I've always had a pretty good understanding of which is which, but that has directly to do with heart attacks and strokes running rampant throughout the older generations in my family. I think a lot of people take this kind of knowledge for granted because it seems so easy/obvious, but there are so many people that have never really had a reason to know, so they don't.

Its like my intro to biology class. I hate that class because it is all stuff I already know. And I am a little dumbfounded that its considered a "weed out" course, because so much of it is flat out easy. But thats just how biology is for me. And I often forget that its a much different case for other people, like my chem lab partner who struggles with the biology stuff

JoY
10-30-2008, 08:50 AM
The disease. I could pm you and elaborate but I'm at work right now and don't want to get all mopey.

I honestly couldn't tell you. I'm not really familiar with the terms for pneumonia treatment and all the info I have I got from a brief conversation with my brother and he got it from my grandma who doesn't really know how to explain stuff like that properly. He's only been there for a day, if they had to do it a second time is that something that they would do so soon after the first or would they have to wait and see if there was more buildup? *hugs back*

no no, PM me some other time about it then, when you feel comfortable talking about it.

well, if no one knows for sure what kind of procedure it really was, then I think it's safer for me to shut my trap & not draw any conclusions.

just in case, so you might be a bit prepared; when docs need to stick a syringe with a large hollow needle in his chest, that's to drain the fluid. I probably could've said that in a more friendly way, but I'm not too big on needles overal, so however I say it, I'd understand it if it creeps you out either way & I hate to sugarcoat a relatively simple procedure. the fluid is practically seeing not really in the lung itself, but in the pleural cavity (empyema). infection causes the fluid, so when they need to drain fluid frequently, it's a bad infection. that's basically all it would indicate.

JoY
10-30-2008, 09:08 AM
yeah, it took me a bit of backtracking to be sure of that. But yeah, I think there is some general confusion. I've always had a pretty good understanding of which is which, but that has directly to do with heart attacks and strokes running rampant throughout the older generations in my family. I think a lot of people take this kind of knowledge for granted because it seems so easy/obvious, but there are so many people that have never really had a reason to know, so they don't.

Its like my intro to biology class. I hate that class because it is all stuff I already know. And I am a little dumbfounded that its considered a "weed out" course, because so much of it is flat out easy. But thats just how biology is for me. And I often forget that its a much different case for other people, like my chem lab partner who struggles with the biology stuff

I must say it feels like it's extra confusing for me when others get confused about this topic, because I'm Dutch. conversations I have in English usually aren't very medically oriented, except when the subject at hand happens to be medical, which usually doesn't make a fun conversation for anyone (except me) & therefore isn't the most popular direction for any conversation to move in. but usually anything medical I discuss in English is for a special purpose involving my studies & is phrased in terminology (which the word "stroke" doesn't exactly fall under, but calling it a lay term always sounds so "better than thou"-ish & wouldn't entirely be true anyway, since docs use it too these days).

after the term "stroke" was dropped, CVA's & myocard infarcts were so inherently discussed, that to make sure I wasn't confused when making my first post & mixed up the two, I actually quickly looked it up before making my second post.

_Lost_
10-30-2008, 09:19 AM
haha. yeah.

I read several posts in before really getting into the whole AMI thing. At first I thought he meant CVA, but I had to shift gears. I can't really get all up-in-arms about it though. They are very related, so I think its no biggie. I spend a lot of time figuring out how to explain things without getting into the real serious terminology, because when I do that, my friends start telling me to shut up. That and I'm not all that great with the terminology.

JoY
10-30-2008, 09:29 AM
haha. yeah.

I read several posts in before really getting into the whole AMI thing. At first I thought he meant CVA, but I had to shift gears. I can't really get all up-in-arms about it though. They are very related, so I think its no biggie. I spend a lot of time figuring out how to explain things without getting into the real serious terminology, because when I do that, my friends start telling me to shut up. That and I'm not all that great with the terminology.

well, the consequences & prognosis are quite a bit different. with either one in mind, you think of a certain event, a certain procedure, a certain sickbed & a certain outcome, which are in these cases not to be mixed up. aside from that, I guess it doesn't matter a whole lot. as long as you don't mix up the two at any crucial moment. ;p

I have no difficulties explaining things in this field without getting into serious terminology, in Dutch. I kind of do in English, since practically every English book I read, is either a medical study book full of terminology, or has absolutely nothing to do with medicine whatsoever (& I need a book like that every once in a while).

by the way, did you know that lately people try to clarify in English which is which by calling them "heart attack" & "brain attack"? hahaha, that's awesome. especially when I translate it to Dutch, it sounds way funnier than it is.

_Lost_
10-30-2008, 11:27 AM
by the way, did you know that lately people try to clarify in English which is which by calling them "heart attack" & "brain attack"? hahaha, that's awesome. especially when I translate it to Dutch, it sounds way funnier than it is.

haha! yeah i've seen that. Hi-fucking-larious... at least to me...

That makes me think of the teenage mutant ninja turtles cartoon when the bad guy was that giant brain in the robot body:eek:

T-6005
10-30-2008, 11:30 AM
For those of us who don't want to have sex with medical textbooks, then.

Heart attacks and strokes can both kill you.

_Lost_
10-30-2008, 12:34 PM

don't judge me for my lifestyle choices!

JoY
10-30-2008, 01:14 PM
haha! yeah i've seen that. Hi-fucking-larious... at least to me...

That makes me think of the teenage mutant ninja turtles cartoon when the bad guy was that giant brain in the robot body:eek:

makes me laugh louder than it probably should as well, but not exactly for the reason you mentioned. *raises eyebrow*

now you mentioned it, it kind of makes me think of Pinky & the Brain;
"gee Brain, what do you want to do tonight?"
"same thing we do every night, Pinky. try to take over the world!"

OH NOES BRAIN ATTACK. *giggles*

edit; & this reminds me of Tijs. maybe he's behind the brain attacks?:(

wait, how did we get from strokes & heart attacks to sex with inanimate objects?

_Lost_
10-30-2008, 04:26 PM
makes me laugh louder than it probably should as well, but not exactly for the reason you mentioned. *raises eyebrow*

haha... well it makes me laugh for other reasons. that was just what popped into my head as i was replying. :)

and i don't know about sex with my medical books, but we do have a very special relationship :p

WebDudette
10-30-2008, 05:13 PM
I know they are different. I was just told various things (stroke, heart attack, ulcer, strange chest pains). I had no idea what it was. Though, I now know that it was not a stroke or heart attack. I guess what happened is his heart pumped in some strange way and caused some kind of back wash.

dr.vanessa
10-30-2008, 05:41 PM

actually u r right but when i read this:

I guess he has 20 minutes of chest pains at 5am, then again at 7am before calling 911.
i supposed he was talking about a heart attack not a stroke.But u r absolutely right..:)

_Lost_
10-30-2008, 05:57 PM
I know they are different. I was just told various things (stroke, heart attack, ulcer, strange chest pains). I had no idea what it was. Though, I now know that it was not a stroke or heart attack. I guess what happened is his heart pumped in some strange way and caused some kind of back wash.

ahh well thats interesting. I need to brush up on cardiovascular stuff...

who the fuck am i kidding? I need to start focusing on the classes I'm in right now! They're gonna kick me out if I don't clean up my act. wtf am I doing?

Yeah, i'm in basically the easiest classes on earth, but I kind of blew up a couple of weeks ago (i was trying to work full time on top of school). My grades are dog shit right now. I know I have to retake at least one class. Fuck!

randman21
10-30-2008, 10:39 PM
Aaaand, how is he now?

ninthz
10-31-2008, 02:17 AM
If this were anyone but PilZ-E I'd make a comment about beating off, but I loves me some PilZ-E.

JoY
10-31-2008, 04:07 AM

hmm, your source of information is rather fucking vague, especially since it concerns your dad. you'd say the first most basic thing you do, is inform close family on what exactly is going on. damn, you must've been terrified, not knowing what's wrong with your dad. :/

so it's not a stroke or ulcer, it concerns the heart, but it wasn't a heart attack, that much you know? & if I understand correctly, the contraction of the heart was uncoordinated/irregular, causing the bloodflow to be abnormal? an uncoordinated/irregular heart rhythm leaves only a few prominent options; atrial flutter, atrial fibrillation (the former often leads to the latter), ventricular flutter & ventricular fibrillation (also as closely related to one another). seeing the prevalence, the fact he was released from the hospital so soon & he had a few hours before he himself called it in & the chestpains weren't constant, but with intervals.. it definitely doesn't sound ventricular, so that pretty much only leaves atrial flutter & atrial fibrillation. though those usually don't present itself this way. it's often asymptomatic & stays unnoticed until a routine physical examination.

maybe some of this sounds familiar. I would imagine you're worried & curious. that's why I'm making this post. now you can look up some material about it, if you want. I hope I'm on the right track. atrial flutter/fibrillation can be scary, but there a lot of ways to treat it & it's no immediate life threat. that being said, I really hope I'm on the right track & that your dad's okay. :]