PDA

View Full Version : Dear Rutegard and Company,

IamSam
10-29-2008, 11:50 AM
While I do agree that as part of a community everyone should have the opportunity to partake in that community, I have a question for you all:

Why must all of you take over 80% of the threads? I have been into numerous threads hoping for something interesting, and then I see tons of posts related to nothing I, nor the other 95% of posters care about.

I have a suggestion and I hope you will consider it:

I suggest you start a group for all of you to get together and carry on your discussions there. I respectfully ask of you all to consider this.

Thank you.

Cock Joke
10-29-2008, 11:52 AM
I'm just gonna back away from this one...:o

Free?
10-29-2008, 12:09 PM
I kinda agree with IamSam here. Sorry girls, but he is right :o You're too spammy with endless expressing of how much you love each other, don't take it as an insult please, cool your cute heads and try to understand that repeating those things everyday is not something community here would appreciate. Please, okay? :o And let's stay cool about it cause I like you! :)

lost_nvrfound
10-29-2008, 12:18 PM
Yeah. I do love you guys, but there is a point in this. Thats why there are the "say something" threads and the "post count +++" threads. no offense.

Drafan
10-29-2008, 12:24 PM
Greatest so-called Democracy is greatest repression instead - congrats!

lost_nvrfound
10-29-2008, 12:35 PM
Democracy?

T-6005
10-29-2008, 12:37 PM
I thought nvrfound was one of the little company.

Maybe I'm just behind on the times. All these youngn's look alike.

Thomas
10-29-2008, 12:37 PM

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa...?

Rutegard
10-29-2008, 12:39 PM

LOL how i do understand u :p

after all the repression we have been thro....

relax guys, at least i talk for me...i'd be gone in november :D

Beheaded
10-29-2008, 12:40 PM
I will be a part of the company, too!:(

lost_nvrfound
10-29-2008, 12:43 PM
LOL how i do understand u :p

after all the repression we have been thro....

relax guys, at least i talk for me...i'd be gone in november :D

what??? :( :(

Rutegard
10-29-2008, 12:46 PM
i just used to come here A LOT lately, cause i'm stucked at home doing my project (which sucks by the way) and so....to keep my mind healthy i used to come here and post, and interact, and get to meet all of u...

and i don't regret a thing

and i also feel like i don't own u guys any explanations...

but it just helped me going while i was working whole day, here, on my computer....

and now i'm gonna start working on the lab this november so...good for u i'm not gonna be here that often huh? :p

Cock Joke
10-29-2008, 12:48 PM
We'll miss you, Ruty. :( Come back & visit, at least?

Little_Miss_1565
10-29-2008, 01:05 PM

I'd just like to state for the record that this is not a democracy, it's a benevolent oligarchy. :) We had a democracy many years ago, it devolved into complete anarchy, and here we are.

But seriously, all he's asking is to keep threads on topic or generally on topic as the case may be.

Drafan
10-29-2008, 01:36 PM
I'd just like to state for the record that this is not a democracy, it's a benevolent oligarchy. :) We had a democracy many years ago, it devolved into complete anarchy, and here we are.

But seriously, all he's asking is to keep threads on topic or generally on topic as the case may be.

OK, Im gonna be benevolent now, because I see endless discussions take us nowhere, Im gonna taste my beer instead.

lost_nvrfound
10-29-2008, 02:12 PM

benevolent oligarchy?! try blatant dictatorship! We all know you rule these boards with your iron fist and your moderator hierarchy! Opression I say!

hehe... sorry... i know this joke has gotten old...

RickyCrack
10-29-2008, 02:33 PM
the joke is really not funny. sooo.... you suck

Bipolar Bear
10-29-2008, 04:45 PM
RUTEGARD is AWESOME

ps: i love you all <33 omgosh you're all so nice and my best friends and dearies
<333333333333333
and beautiful and kind and sweet <333333
i love you ALLLL <3333333333333 especially yoo cock joke baby *humps*

Llamas
10-29-2008, 05:05 PM
I am greatly confused by this post.

I whole heartedly agree with this post. I actually thought nvrfound was one of the top ones.

i just used to come here A LOT lately, cause i'm stucked at home doing my project (which sucks by the way) and so....to keep my mind healthy i used to come here and post, and interact, and get to meet all of u...

and i don't regret a thing

and i also feel like i don't own u guys any explanations...

but it just helped me going while i was working whole day, here, on my computer....

and now i'm gonna start working on the lab this november so...good for u i'm not gonna be here that often huh? :p
You missed the point. Nobody hates you, nobody wants you to go completely away. People just want threads to stay on topic. We all request the same courtesy from all members, and many members have faced having their posts deleted if not on topic. You are lucky this has not happened to you guys. Keep posting- we don't want you to go away. But please stay on topic, and keep the "I love you sooo much!" posts for the "post count" and "say something about" threads.

Cock Joke
10-29-2008, 05:12 PM
RUTEGARD is AWESOME

ps: i love you all <33 omgosh you're all so nice and my best friends and dearies
<333333333333333
and beautiful and kind and sweet <333333
i love you ALLLL <3333333333333 especially yoo cock joke baby *humps*

Did um...ipunk hack into your account? XD

lost_nvrfound
10-29-2008, 05:17 PM

I whole heartedly agree with this post. I actually thought nvrfound was one of the top ones.

... i didn't think i was...

I know i took over a couple talking to ryder when i first came back in july... but...

... i mean... i'm a little surprised...

... really?

jacknife737
10-29-2008, 05:19 PM
You missed the point. Nobody hates you, nobody wants you to go completely away. People just want threads to stay on topic. We all request the same courtesy from all members, and many members have faced having their posts deleted if not on topic. You are lucky this has not happened to you guys. Keep posting- we don't want you to go away. But please stay on topic, and keep the "I love you sooo much!" posts for the "post count" and "say something about" threads.

This. 10 characters

Betty
10-29-2008, 05:25 PM
... i didn't think i was...

I know i took over a couple talking to ryder when i first came back in july... but...

... i mean... i'm a little surprised...

... really?

I'm gonna have to say a major problem is your screen name. Hard to pronounce/remember screen names are not good for people remembering you. I mean, I can think "that person with the eye avatar" but that's not really great either.

The only reason I started noticing/distinguishing you is because you (a) sang/played guitar (or whatever instrument) in some stuff in other bands that I was reading about one night and (b) you said you were in chemistry.

lost_nvrfound
10-29-2008, 05:28 PM
I can understand that. I was going to change it to just Lost, but I hate the "NOOB" screams.

Ryder1234
10-29-2008, 05:40 PM
I can understand that. I was going to change it to just Lost, but I hate the "NOOB" screams.

I think that at this point, enough people would recognize you that that wouldn't really be a problem.

And I approve the group idea. Some threads have gotten out of hand lately.

lost_nvrfound
10-29-2008, 05:57 PM
I may do that then. use the same avator and stuff.

*whines and stomps on the floor* But what about my post count?? :(

:D

_Lost_
10-29-2008, 06:10 PM
ok. Hows this work?

I couldn't just use "Lost" because someone took up the username and never posted.

RickyCrack
10-29-2008, 06:45 PM
fail. no seriously. image has nothing to do with it as much as your personality uniqueness and your opinions. just say stuff that's worthwhile to read

_Lost_
10-29-2008, 06:49 PM
fail. no seriously. image has nothing to do with it as much as your personality uniqueness and your opinions. just say stuff that's worthwhile to read

I would like to think that 90% of the time I do. I agree with what betty said. I only do this so people will stop marking me as a "post count ++" type.

RickyCrack
10-29-2008, 06:55 PM
a new account won't change that. much like pathfinder was still considered a kickfag after he changed his name to whiplash. youre still going to associated by what you've said and done. if you want people to change their opinion of you just act as how you want to be perceived. we are pretty forgiving here

_Lost_
10-29-2008, 07:01 PM
a new account won't change that. much like pathfinder was still considered a kickfag after he changed his name to whiplash. youre still going to associated by what you've said and done. if you want people to change their opinion of you just act as how you want to be perceived. we are pretty forgiving here

you are totally missing my point behind this i think. I'm not trying to change my image or anything like that. Betty had a good point. And I haven't behaved in any way since I came back here that would warrant being thrown in with the rest as being one to take over threads with how i love everyone and whatever. Either way, I didn't like the "nvrfound" part of my username. So I'm getting rid of it.

wheelchairman
10-29-2008, 07:18 PM
Lost don't take it seriously. It takes time to get noticed. You should ask T-6005. He was very much in your position 4 years ago. And look where he is now! People might not reply to him directly, but they at least glance at his posts!

It takes time to get through people's natural "spam filters." I only noticed you recently as well, mostly because of your high amounts of more thoughtful posts. Perhaps you didn't always post thoughtful posts, or perhaps you engaged in small talk a lot.

_Lost_
10-29-2008, 07:26 PM
Lost don't take it seriously. It takes time to get noticed. You should ask T-6005. He was very much in your position 4 years ago. And look where he is now! People might not reply to him directly, but they at least glance at his posts!

It takes time to get through people's natural "spam filters." I only noticed you recently as well, mostly because of your high amounts of more thoughtful posts. Perhaps you didn't always post thoughtful posts, or perhaps you engaged in small talk a lot.

I mean, it WAS a lot of small talk in the past. But... well idk... I seem to have lost my fire on this one. Either way, I prefer just Lost. so... idk... i'm not really thinking straight. I guess i mostly didn't like being chunked in with that group. I love Rutegard and Dr.Vanessa and what not, but I mean... idk... i think i just got a little carried away.

wheelchairman
10-29-2008, 07:31 PM
Perhaps you should look into what you want from your "posting experience". (what a douchy sounding phrase, just awful.)

If you mainly want to meet likeminded people who you talk well with, then what's the problem?

If you want to engage in discussion you can also do that.

It's not mutually exclusive, but you will find that it annoys people when small talk fills the majority of what was a thread with potential. But people have already covered this point to death.

LosingStreak
10-29-2008, 07:31 PM
Who would be Rutegards company?

Llamas
10-29-2008, 07:35 PM
I don't think the screen name made a difference. I think that you've pretty much not posted enough that stands out to me or to some other people, and perhaps you showed up here around the same time as Rutegard and folks, or just got noticed then. Changing your sn won't make a difference, particularly because we'll all still associate you with the previous screen name.
Just try making some new threads that might be interesting to discuss. Just be yourself and talk about interesting things and contribute. I'm not sure where the idea that you're along the likes of Rutegard and such came from, but it shouldn't be hard to shift. But changing your screen name will do nothing.

_Lost_
10-29-2008, 07:37 PM
Perhaps you should look into what you want from your "posting experience". (what a douchy sounding phrase, just awful.)

If you mainly want to meet likeminded people who you talk well with, then what's the problem?

If you want to engage in discussion you can also do that.

It's not mutually exclusive, but you will find that it annoys people when small talk fills the majority of what was a thread with potential. But people have already covered this point to death.

well... usually when i start in on the small talk, its already shifted that way. if it hasn't, then i usually try to post something worth reading to more than the person it was aimed at.

I don't think the screen name made a difference. I think that you've pretty much not posted enough that stands out to me or to some other people, and perhaps you showed up here around the same time as Rutegard and folks, or just got noticed then. Changing your sn won't make a difference, particularly because we'll all still associate you with the previous screen name.
Just try making some new threads that might be interesting to discuss. Just be yourself and talk about interesting things and contribute. I'm not sure where the idea that you're along the likes of Rutegard and such came from, but it shouldn't be hard to shift. But changing your screen name will do nothing.
Yeah... i guess i realized this about 30mins later...

but its whatever... I do prefer this sn...

and now, with a wave of my hand, I will make you all forget this ever happened! *runs away*

Thomas
10-29-2008, 07:46 PM
Personally, I have noticed more quality behind Lost's posts as of recently. Honestly, until the past few weeks, she (she, right?) just blended in with all the riff-raff "small-talkers" that fill this board. I don't know if it's because Lost has simply been posting more lately, but I have begun to actually read her (her, right?) posts lately, at least more than I used to.

_Lost_
10-29-2008, 07:50 PM
yeah... she is right.

Ryder1234
10-29-2008, 07:52 PM
Someone guessed a gender right? :eek::rolleyes:

RickyCrack
10-29-2008, 08:07 PM
no. she's posted some very fappable pics before

_Lost_
10-29-2008, 08:13 PM
no. she's posted some very fappable pics before

is fappable a good thing? I honestly have never seen that term before.

Llamas
10-29-2008, 08:16 PM
is fappable a good thing? I honestly have never seen that term before.

LOL. Depends on how creepy you find RickyCrack.

_Lost_
10-29-2008, 08:20 PM
haha! Oh my! Now i'm a little concerned. :p

RickyCrack
10-29-2008, 08:24 PM
llamas. I try to get you drunk so I can take advantage of you once and now u nvr4get.

Llamas
10-29-2008, 08:29 PM
lawlz. I'd get over it if you came to the Iowa game. :( IOWA R GUnnA GET SHELLACKED"D!

RickyCrack
10-29-2008, 08:33 PM
bullshit. did you see the Wisconsin game? shonne green for heisman baby.

mayhaps I'll come up. depends on my money bank. I dont get my car back until dec 7. so I'd have to take a bus. that's the main reason.

Llamas
10-29-2008, 08:36 PM
I saw that Wisconsin is like 1-4. hahaha. Gophers are ranked 20. What's Iowa ranked? OH YEAH.

And I didn't know about your car. Megabus is way cheap if it does a Iowa-Minnesota route.

T-6005
10-29-2008, 09:08 PM

I still (choose to) think that a lot of people skipped me because of the numbers.

I did fail to gel with this place for a while, it's true, but it's also partly because I just browsed for a bit, didn't find anything of note, then got progressively more interested in the going-ons, and that led to the actual joining of discussions - which in itself takes a bit because no one listens to you if you've never popped up on their radar before. It's gradual.

Also I think you sounded like a dick, implying that I used to be any less high-profile.

RickyCrack
10-29-2008, 09:40 PM
pffft. well we will see what happens when you play wisconsin. think your defense can hold Javon ringer to below 90 yards cuz we did.

ps if I come to minn will you put out?

Conspiracyof1000
10-29-2008, 10:19 PM
I am so glad I took a break for a while...

Budzy
10-29-2008, 10:34 PM
It's funny how even after the thread topic RickyCrack and Ilovellamas are having a converstion that has nothing to do with the topic. :D

I don't think its ever gotten to the stage that it is WAY off topic, and if it does, the topic is normally always old or dead when that starts.

Anyone seen my slippers lately?

Llamas
10-30-2008, 12:10 AM
lol budzy makes a valid point. However, I don't feel that we've derailed the conversation. Plus we've both made several posts toward the original topic before going off.

PS rc u no it, baby. ;)

Rutegard
10-30-2008, 03:08 AM
It's funny how even after the thread topic RickyCrack and Ilovellamas are having a converstion that has nothing to do with the topic. :D

I don't think its ever gotten to the stage that it is WAY off topic, and if it does, the topic is normally always old or dead when that starts.

Anyone seen my slippers lately?

except for the slippers part....i was going to say that!

lol budzy makes a valid point. However, I don't feel that we've derailed the conversation. Plus we've both made several posts toward the original topic before going off.

PS rc u no it, baby. ;)

except for the PS part, what you did here, is what i do generally, actually i can't remember a single time i post in a thread where i am talking off topic without staying on topic for the majority of my posts...

and if i did, it was to reply to someone... take dexter thread for example, it started as a stupid thread, now it's just endless random stupid stuff about dexter, but at least it's funny, and as far as i'm concerned...we all (most active ones) contributed to it.

and to IamSam... i am so NOT your "dear"

The Search Button
10-30-2008, 04:40 AM
Let me just join this crazy train to say something I said a few months ago.

I'll post whataver the fuck I want, Wherever the fuck I want, and Whenever the fuck I want........................as long as I respect the rules of this board.

Other than that, back off!

Budzy
10-30-2008, 05:51 AM
I'll post whataver the fuck I want, Wherever the fuck I want, and Whenever the fuck I want........................as long as I respect the rules of this board.

Thats what I should have said. :D
You may take our lives, but you can never take, OUR FREEDOOOOOOOOM (to post whatever we want on this boards, within reason)!

And Rutegard i'm behind you all the way! (figuretively speaking :D). I don't think you post inappropriately or w/e. And im pretty sure u just p00ned that guy with that last bit of your post lol.

Little_Miss_1565
10-30-2008, 06:28 AM
Let me just join this crazy train to say something I said a few months ago.

One of the rules asks people not to derail threads with conversation and that the moderators reserve the right to delete such conversations. :)

The Search Button
10-30-2008, 06:32 AM
One of the rules asks people not to derail threads with conversation and that the moderators reserve the right to delete such conversations. :)

Mods are Gods.

We listen and obey.

:)

Camilamazed
10-30-2008, 06:32 AM
I'll speak for myself.

I find it fucking annoying when I want to find some information in a topic, but then I have to go through 98234598237 (most of them useless) posts. Specially on GOD. If you guys want to chat, that's what General discussion is made for. This is nothing personal. It's just that some people only read the boards to get info.

This talking about democracy is bullshit because (again) the boards have the general discussion. This is the area you can talk and do whatever you want. That's because of "democracy" the internet has a lot of pervs e pedophiles. I think things should be controlled yeah.

:)

Smash punker
10-30-2008, 08:34 AM
Anarchy! :D Even Im lost between all those posts sometimes and thats odd! :D Damn, anarchist lost in anarchy, no just kidding, do what you want, do what you feel like,

mrs_hollandova
10-30-2008, 08:51 AM
I think everything is OK... if somebody post nice pic or something, we can write THANK YOU AND I LOVE YOU :D Why not???
And I think you should apologize to Rutegar, shes a nice girl and she aint done nothing wrong. Its not nice to make a thread about this. Use private messages if you have problem with somebody.

IamSam
10-30-2008, 09:28 AM
There is a difference between posting 'nice pic' and the following diatribe:

OMFG hahahahahahahahahahahhaha lololololololol:D

Girl you make me laugh! OMG hahahahahahaha

And having that repeated 15 goddamn times in one thread. It's not the little things that bother me, it's the taking over of threads as one big giant 'lol.'

And I'm not apologizing and no, sending a PM about this wouldn't have solved anything. It needed to be out in public where others could voice their opinions on the topic as well.

Rutegard
10-30-2008, 09:33 AM
I think everything is OK... if somebody post nice pic or something, we can write THANK YOU AND I LOVE YOU :D Why not???
And I think you should apologize to Rutegar, shes a nice girl and she aint done nothing wrong. Its not nice to make a thread about this. Use private messages if you have problem with somebody.

well, apprently we can't :(

i've been posting 1000 pics, and i can't make random comments about them...oh well :p

and IamSam never liked me LOL....i'm not sure why but that's fine by me, cau'se i don't like him either

mrs_hollandova
10-30-2008, 09:37 AM
well, apprently we can't :(

i've been posting 1000 pics, and i can't make random comments about them...oh well :p

and IamSam never liked me LOL....i'm not sure why but that's fine by me, cau'se i don't like him either

LOL sorry for RUTEGAR :D Hehe, Im not drunk... but... hehe.
Now - I think if IamSam dont like our comments, we should make MORE COMMENTS to make him little bit angry ;)

Rutegard
10-30-2008, 09:40 AM
LOL sorry for RUTEGAR :D Hehe, Im not drunk... but... hehe.
Now - I think if IamSam dont like our comments, we should make MORE COMMENTS to make him little bit angry ;)

yeah well the thing is, he has always been rude to me, so i don't give a shit about what he said, and to be honest, lots of ppl have giving me their support, like u :p....

i guess, with the "and the company" thing, ppl felt compassion ahahahah

anyways, it's cool to have a thread named after you

mrs_hollandova
10-30-2008, 09:44 AM
yeah well the thing is, he has always been rude to me, so i don't give a shit about what he said, and to be honest, lots of ppl have giving me their support, like u :p....

I guess, with the "and the company" thing, ppl felt compassion ahahahah

anyways, it's cool to have a thread named after you

yes! :) ;)

IamSam
10-30-2008, 10:28 AM
When have I ever talked to you before today?

Thomas
10-30-2008, 11:20 AM
we should make MORE COMMENTS to make him little bit angry ;)

That's a good way to get banned for spamming.

Rutegard
10-30-2008, 11:23 AM
That's a good way to get banned for spamming.

that was an ironic post ( ;) )

Thomas
10-30-2008, 11:27 AM
How so? .

Rutegard
10-30-2008, 11:28 AM
How so? .

don't take it too seriously

she was just kidding with the situation!

....that's all

she didn't MEAN it

Thomas
10-30-2008, 11:30 AM
How was it ironic?

Rutegard
10-30-2008, 11:31 AM
How was it ironic?

:confused:

she said that, but she didnt mean that!

she was just being ironic

EDIT: or if u prefer something like sarcastic humor or mocking

Thomas
10-30-2008, 11:33 AM
You mean sarcastic?

Rutegard
10-30-2008, 11:35 AM
You mean sarcastic?

"Ironic implies a subtler form of mockery in which an intended meaning is conveyed obliquely"

more irony to me

but i'm ok with sarcastic humor as well

EDIT: anyway...let's get back to the topic

_Lost_
10-30-2008, 11:39 AM
"Ironic implies a subtler form of mockery in which an intended meaning is conveyed obliquely"

more irony to me

but i'm ok with sarcastic humor as well

EDIT: anyway...let's get back to the topic

"ironic - happening in the opposite way to what is expected, and typically causing wry amusement because of this."

Thats what they told me in 4 years of highschool english.

Rutegard
10-30-2008, 11:41 AM
"ironic - happening in the opposite way to what is expected, and typically causing wry amusement because of this."

Thats what they told me in 4 years of highschool english.

good,,

it was exactly the case here lol

4 years?!? DAMN!!!!

Blitzkrieg Bop
10-30-2008, 11:51 AM
sending a PM about this wouldn't have solved anything. It needed to be out in public where others could voice their opinions on the topic as well.

How can you be so sure that sending a PM wouldn't have solved anything. I bet that you never even considered this as an option. If you had taken this approach in the beginning, I am sure all this could have been avoided.

IamSam
10-30-2008, 11:51 AM
Anyway, I don't draw offense to you personally, but rather the rampant posting style that seems to obliterate many a thread and derail them into oblivion. I think it is good for you guys to have formed your niche of friends, but what I'm merely asking is if you could start a group and keep a bunch of the off topic shenanigans in there so they don't take over other threads.

Still haven't found where I've ever been rude to you, Rutegard, either. I merely used your name in the topic because you're the only name I can rightly remember as all the others are somewhat forgettable.

IamSam
10-30-2008, 11:55 AM
How can you be so sure that sending a PM wouldn't have solved anything. I bet that you never even considered this as an option. If you had taken this approach in the beginning, I am sure all this could have been avoided.

A PM wouldn't have solved anything because it wouldn't have let others that feel the same way as me voice their opinion. Placing it in public allows everyone to voice their opinion, come to a possible compromise, and move on. Considering a PM for this is like using a broom to clean up an oil spill. Hardly feasible. Trust me, I've thought about this for a while.

And what would have been avoided? People also saying that they don't like threads being overran? People getting their feelings hurt even though nothing was said that was overly mean spirited?

Avoiding conflict isn't smart. It just creates tension that boils over into a giant shit storm. This isn't a giant shit storm. This is just a small discussion of what could be done different.

_Lost_
10-30-2008, 11:58 AM
good,,

4 years?!? DAMN!!!!

yeah. its required across the country. fortunately, in college, you are required much less except for certain majors.

Rutegard
10-30-2008, 12:13 PM
yeah. its required across the country. fortunately, in college, you are required much less except for certain majors.

i had 3 years in high school

but...staying in topic,

can we forget about school and get back to my vices? :D

Sunny
10-30-2008, 12:14 PM
wow.

1. derailing threads with "LOLOL I LUV U LETS GET MARRIED THE OFFSPRING WILL PLAY" and other random crap is annoying as all hell. so is using tons of smileys. *
2. the appropriate places for such behaviors are as follows: the chatroom, AIM, MSN Messenger or iChat.
3. there is no reason to get all indignant and butthurt because someone pointed out that you're being annoying. people don't want you to leave and never come back :(:(:(:(. they want you to reconsider the way you post on the board. if that's an issue for you, perhaps you should ask yourself why.
4. IamSam has absolutely nothing to apologize for.

* - i have no problems with silliness or random crap or acting hyper on the internet, as long as it's not bothering the hell out of other people. i have bbs friends that i talk to and a lot of it is all "weoeoeoeo omg i luv u <3<3 ;p ;p ;D ;D ;D i poke u in face". that being said, we have the good sense to keep that shit out of threads where people might *gasp* want to have an actual discussion.

Rutegard
10-30-2008, 12:22 PM
wow.

people don't want you to leave and never come back :(:(:(:(

they want you to reconsider the way you post on the board. if that's an issue for you, perhaps you should ask yourself why

IamSam has absolutely nothing to apologize for

if this is for me, Sunny

what were the sad faces for?

i never said it was an issue/prob to me, au contraire

and i never said he needed to apologize ahahha, that would be stupid don't you think?

he was rude to me another time, i'm not talking about this thread, which is kinda cool

Blitzkrieg Bop
10-30-2008, 12:23 PM
A PM wouldn't have solved anything because it wouldn't have let others that feel the same way as me voice their opinion. Placing it in public allows everyone to voice their opinion, come to a possible compromise, and move on. Considering a PM for this is like using a broom to clean up an oil spill. Hardly feasible. Trust me, I've thought about this for a while.

All I'm saying is that if you have been thinking about this for while, maybe approaching Rutegard and Company about your concerns first, would have possibly solved the problem, if not then this thread would be justified. I appreciate that everyone has a right to voice their opinion, all I am saying is that I don't agree with your approach.

JoY
10-30-2008, 12:41 PM
good,,

4 years?!? DAMN!!!!

..do you consider that much? over here the system's quite different, so we go to high school for a minimum of 6 years, if you want to go to university (but you start in high school at the age of 12). university is another 4 to 5 years. except medicine, that's 6 years.

by the way, omg, I'm so off topic. *slaps forehead*

I can see how a topic can get derailed (especially if it's gotten boring, or everything's basically been said, or something) & it's not like I don't ever help to derail one. I do see how it gets annoying when someone does it all. the. time. with every. single. topic. yeah, that's definitely tiring. you should be happy someone says something about it, even if it's out in the open (well, you shouldn't be happy about it, but you could be). IamSam could've just not said anything & then maybe everyone would've gotten annoyed with the way you derail a certain amount of topics, without you knowing & realising. & hey, now it's out in the open, you get to see how others feel about your posting too & that's kind of a plus, right? really, in a way, he did you a favour. don't be insulted too easily. that's not a good trait around here.

Rutegard
10-30-2008, 12:44 PM
..do you consider that much? over here the system's quite different, so we go to high school for a minimum of 6 years, if you want to go to university (but you start in high school at the age of 12). university is another 4 to 5 years. except medicine, that's 6 years.

by the way, omg, I'm so off topic. *slaps forehead*

huumm, different system here, we just enter high school at the age of 15...

and the "off topic" thing? not a problem to me, more like a p/j now, don't worry

:cool:

JoY
10-30-2008, 12:44 PM
All I'm saying is that if you have been thinking about this for while, maybe approaching Rutegard and Company about your concerns first, would have possibly solved the problem, if not then this thread would be justified. I appreciate that everyone has a right to voice their opinion, all I am saying is that I don't agree with your approach.

fine, so you don't agree. let's not turn this into some kind of issue, because it really really really isn't. it's just a small suggestion, to keep things on topic. REALLY. it's not a huge deal to devote one topic out of a million to it.

edit; it's nothing personal either, that could make Rutegard embarrassed, or ashamed, it's not an attack on her persona... I see you want to stick up for your friend, which is awesome basically, but some critique now & then doesn't mean the end of the world. she'll survive, I'm sure. to me she comes across as a bubbly, cheery young lady, well-equipped in the brain-area, who can put together an excellent argument for herself.

Rutegard
10-30-2008, 12:47 PM
fine, so you don't agree. let's not turn this into some kind of issue, because it really really really isn't. it's just a small suggestion, to keep things on topic. REALLY. it's not a huge deal to devote one topic out of a million to it.

i agree with u

and im also gonna put it into practice k?

JoY
10-30-2008, 12:53 PM
hah, oh sorries! I'm one of those types that always feels like in her posts it just won't do & edits them a thousand times. very annoying for people who plan to quote one of my posts. *redface*

Sofinch
10-30-2008, 12:54 PM
hah, oh sorries! I'm one of those types that always feels like in her posts it just won't do & edits them a thousand times. very annoying for people who plan to quote one of my posts. *redface*

Is niet erg

JoY
10-30-2008, 12:56 PM
wees blij dat ik die nog niet ge-edit had, hahaha!

IamSam
10-30-2008, 12:57 PM
he was rude to me another time, i'm not talking about this thread, which is kinda cool

You still haven't told me when and where this was. I don't remember ever talking to you before this.

Blitzkrieg Bop
10-30-2008, 01:01 PM
fine, so you don't agree. let's not turn this into some kind of issue, because it really really really isn't. it's just a small suggestion, to keep things on topic. really. it's not a huge deal to devote one topic out of a million to it. it's nothing personal either, that could make Rutegard embarrassed, or ashamed, it's not an attack on her persona... I see you want to stick up for your friend, which is awesome basically, but some critique now & then doesn't mean the end of the world. she'll survive, I'm sure. to me she comes across as a bubbly, cheery young lady, well-equipped in the brain-area, who can put together an excellent argument for herself.

I agree with you that this is not a huge issue, all I was questioning was IamSam's approach to the situation. I am aware that Rutegard is able to putting together an excellent argument for herself, I was just voicing my opinion on the subject. Everyone seems to forget this thread was addressed at a group of people, not Rutegard personally.

Gustavo
10-30-2008, 01:09 PM
Well, I really do think that making friends on boards and talking to people from different places are really great things, however, 'polluting' the area that's supposed to be the most special one is not nice at all. I might have done it some times, I can't think of anything now, but betcha I did.
I believe that the General Offspring Discussion is supposed to have repplies and converstions only about The Offspring, I know you might really like someone who might post there, after all, this person probably (absolutely?) is a The Offspring fan (Which, for me, is an excuse for liking someone :P), but let's keep in mind that we firstly came here to talk about our favorite band, its news and its members.
I really did not mean to offend anyone by posting this, this is just my opinion and I felt like it.
I'd be really sad if I knew that Rutegard or anyone else left the boards because of this thread, I saw no offension in it, it's just a friendly way to say that something has been bothering some of the users.
I believe that it's better to be told that you're doing something wrong than no one telling you that you're wrong, of course, in a respectful way.
That's my thought, anyway. :)

nieh
10-30-2008, 01:12 PM
I haven't read the whole thread, but Lost: I have a natural inclination to skip the posts of anyone whose signature is longer than their average reply or peoples whose signatures/posts tend to have more than two colors in it (including hyperlinks). They all tend to get lumped into the same group in my head.

JoY
10-30-2008, 01:16 PM
You still haven't told me when and where this was. I don't remember ever talking to you before this.

maybe she took something as being rude in some other topic, who cares. it's hard to read each other's tone from posts anyway. all that matters in this topic is that you pointed out she frequently derails topics with her friends & she said she'd refrain from doing so in the future. that was the entire point behind making this topic, right? so let's just leave it at that.

IamSam
10-30-2008, 01:55 PM
maybe she took something as being rude in some other topic, who cares. it's hard to read each other's tone from posts anyway. all that matters in this topic is that you pointed out she frequently derails topics with her friends & she said she'd refrain from doing so in the future. that was the entire point behind making this topic, right? so let's just leave it at that.

True, and fair enough. Yes the topic at hand is derailing threads. Go.

Rutegard
10-30-2008, 02:01 PM

haha JoY u r so objective,

yes, he was rude and disrespectful and i know now that maybe IamSam didn't mean it, but it was how i felt ok?

and despite i never felt like i was spamming and neither it was my intention i WILL refrain from doing that, (god help me)

me and all of us!, cause i believe it's a bit unfair if ppl start blaming only me for all the spaming/non topic posts...

i may have done that....in the past, i'll say it again....in the past!! (specially cause i have to stay away from the BBS starting next week...damn...)

i hope we can all get along together, after all we are just a bunch of great ppl that care for the exact same thing, (tho i don't remember what :p j/k eheh)

is that good? r we ok?..huh?... :cool:

cya guys around there....

take care

i have nothing else to say here, nonetheless is kinda weird (in a funy/interesting way) to have a thread named after me ;)

_Lost_
10-30-2008, 03:36 PM
wow... quite frankly i'm a little amazed this one circled back around to on-topic again... after 10 pages...

T-6005
10-30-2008, 03:45 PM
Only 3 pages for me.

I remember well how horrible 10 posts per page was. I eventually moved up to 20, and finally to 40 and I've never looked back.

_Lost_
10-30-2008, 03:55 PM
yeah, my other account is set at 40. I think i prefer that, but my computer doesn't like to load those pages when they are soooo big...

dr.vanessa
10-30-2008, 04:23 PM
I agree that in general Offspring discussion we should talk only about the band but in general chat we can say anything right?

Ruty rocks:D<33333333333333333

Betty
10-30-2008, 04:40 PM
Boy, what a thread.

Thoughts:

1. Lost is much better. People clearly have different opinions here, but I like it anyway. We'll see how it goes.

2. It's easy for Rickycrack to criticize... he was just able to piggyback off of Ninth's BBS fame. Although, I love these boys and their Pokemon obessions and homoerotica, regardless. Also, notice the noticeable and catchy screen name... hmm...?

3. I've always loved you, Thi! Or at least, I think it's been since sorta near the beginning.

Bipolar Bear
10-30-2008, 04:53 PM
4. Bipolar Bear is sexy

Cock Joke
10-30-2008, 04:58 PM
5. COCK JOKE DEMANDS DoRITOS!!!!!

dr.vanessa
10-30-2008, 05:02 PM
6.dr.vanessa is.

_Lost_
10-30-2008, 05:06 PM
1. Lost is much better. People clearly have different opinions here, but I like it anyway. We'll see how it goes.

lol. I agree. I think it'll work better.

Just to let everyone know, i didn't change it to "change my reputation". I know in the semi-chaos(with as chaotic as a single thread on a forum can get in the middle of the night.) it seemed to come over that way, but it was Betty's comment that made the idea. I had been wanting to change it anyway, but wanted to avoid the "shut up you noob" comments. Then Ryder reminded me that there are enough people here that know me that I would be able to avoid that.

I don't know why I feel the need to justify myself...

This week hasn't been a good week, so I overreacted a little for sure.

RickyCrack
10-30-2008, 06:10 PM
I piggyback more than just ninths BBS fame. u ~gno?!!!!!

ninthz
10-30-2008, 11:30 PM
you are totally missing my point behind this i think. I'm not trying to change my image or anything like that. Betty had a good point. And I haven't behaved in any way since I came back here that would warrant being thrown in with the rest as being one to take over threads with how i love everyone and whatever. Either way, I didn't like the "nvrfound" part of my username. So I'm getting rid of it.
lol

Boy, what a thread.

Thoughts:

2. It's easy for Rickycrack to criticize... he was just able to piggyback off of Ninth's BBS fame. Although, I love these boys and their Pokemon obessions and homoerotica, regardless. Also, notice the noticeable and catchy screen name... hmm...?

3. I've always loved you, Thi! Or at least, I think it's been since sorta near the beginning.
lol

I piggyback more than just ninths BBS fame. u ~gno?!!!!!
lol

ps: What's going on here?

ErickyCrack
10-30-2008, 11:45 PM
hai guyz i'm knew hear. how2post? hi ninthz u sound kewl.

ninthz
10-30-2008, 11:46 PM
:cool:;):):D

ErickyCrack
10-30-2008, 11:48 PM
omg i gno boi. I LOVE YOU. <333!!!!! u so secksi. :):):):D

ninthz
10-30-2008, 11:48 PM
u2 (but knot liek the band, u no?)
:eek::eek::eek::eek:

ErickyCrack
10-30-2008, 11:50 PM
u2 is nawt punx enuf 4 me. :mad:

did u c dat knew episoad of drawn 2gether. SO PHUNNY!!!!!! :cool:

ninthz
10-30-2008, 11:51 PM
u2 is nawt punx enuf 4 me. :mad:

did u c dat knew episoad of drawn 2gether. SO PHUNNY!!!!!! :cool:
how2changecolor?

ErickyCrack
10-30-2008, 11:53 PM
i dun no how it happin. it just cums out me natchurally.

ninthz
10-30-2008, 11:54 PM
yrcumisyello,yrgross(butsecksi)
wan2cyber?

holland25
10-31-2008, 12:48 AM
Why did both of you change your nicks?

ninthz
10-31-2008, 01:13 AM
Critical thinking is a life skill.

Free?
10-31-2008, 03:22 AM
Hahahaha :))))))))))).

But really, what's the big deal about Lost's changing nickname? She didn't do that for any reasons this thread was meant to be about. She didn't "spam" or post many smiles in a row, she isn't "addicted to multicolor her posts". You rather mistake her for someone else or didn't communicate with her much to understand that you're wrong, you're just making jokes about wrong person.
Changing her nickname and creating this thread at the same time was a coincidence, nothing more. Don't know, why it's even discussed here that much.

I agree that in general Offspring discussion we should talk only about the band but in general chat we can say anything right?

Ruty rocks:D<33333333333333333

I think it's more like stay on topic, doesn't really matter is it GOD or GC. And really, keep saying that you love each other to the world everyday isn't something that the rest of forum members would like to see.
I'm glad that you girls have fun here, keep it going, just show respect to what other people want too. ;)\o/

The Search Button
10-31-2008, 05:58 AM
Most of you people went way off topic, which is a violation to the BBS rules.

Therefore you are all goddamn BANNED!

Oh wait, impersonating mods gives ban too?

Then, I withdraw everything I just said.

Cock Joke
10-31-2008, 08:15 AM
The thread just got entertaining.

H1T_That
10-31-2008, 09:15 AM
I agree with the main topic of this thread. 90% of the threads i go into now, all i see is:

lol, ahahahahahahahahah i <3 u!!!!!1

:rolleyes::eek::mad:

letz get married x x x x x x x x ahahahahahha

lololololololololoffspring is awesum :)

lolololol.

FUCKING ANNOYING! THE RETURN KEY IS FOR NEW PARAGRAPHS AND/OR NEW POINTS OF A DISCUSSION. NOT FOR A NEW SENTANCE!!!!

p.s ninth n rickycrack are amazing.

dff_punk
10-31-2008, 02:58 PM
This is quite a valid point.

Why do people speak like this?

I never got that.

But that's all I'm gonna say in this thread.

Another sentence.

Duskygrin
10-31-2008, 03:12 PM
When people press the return key,

It looks rather like a poem, you see,

Makes their prose more meaningful,

- Or will you declare this point null?

Seems to me more ponderous,

More profound and much more callous,

Aphoristic, epigrammatic,

Or maybe simply, a typing tic.

ErickyCrack
10-31-2008, 03:23 PM
oh wow, you're all really good at this, let me try

death i crave

i listen to

blood rave

dance

it's a friction of movement

in your pants

but don't spill your drink

or all the girls will think

that your junk will stink

like mango margarita

because only a homo

would listen to techno

but not me

cuz i'm tits or gtfo

wut u guyz think? hehehehehehe :o:o:p

Free?
10-31-2008, 07:15 PM
What did Duskygrin was pretty awesome :).

Rutegard
11-01-2008, 03:17 AM
while in word don't u use the 1,5 space between lines?

same thing here, i suppose

EASIER TO READ, if i didn't use any space between lines, i couldn't even deliver that to the teacher....so, writing like that?, with sentences (not words) don't bother me A BIT

Rutegard
11-01-2008, 03:30 AM
Well, I really do think that making friends on boards and talking to people from different places are really great things, however, 'polluting' the area that's supposed to be the most special one is not nice at all. I might have done it some times, I can't think of anything now, but betcha I did.
I believe that the General Offspring Discussion is supposed to have repplies and converstions only about The Offspring, I know you might really like someone who might post there, after all, this person probably (absolutely?) is a The Offspring fan (Which, for me, is an excuse for liking someone :P), but let's keep in mind that we firstly came here to talk about our favorite band, its news and its members.
I really did not mean to offend anyone by posting this, this is just my opinion and I felt like it.
I'd be really sad if I knew that Rutegard or anyone else left the boards because of this thread, I saw no offension in it, it's just a friendly way to say that something has been bothering some of the users.
I believe that it's better to be told that you're doing something wrong than no one telling you that you're wrong, of course, in a respectful way.
That's my thought, anyway. :)

Most of you people went way off topic, which is a violation to the BBS rules.

Therefore you are all goddamn BANNED!

Oh wait, impersonating mods gives ban too?

Then, I withdraw everything I just said.

for example, i didn't read iGustavo whole post cause it started to annoy me....but i read The Seach Button whole post cause it was easy, didn't bore me

i guess, we have dif opinions here huh? not a prob at all!

Free?
11-01-2008, 07:12 AM
With a policy like that you might skip loads of interesting information! ;p

T-6005
11-01-2008, 10:40 AM
With a policy like that you might skip loads of interesting information! ;p

But it's not exactly a surprising revelation.

Llamas
11-01-2008, 12:15 PM
for example, i didn't read iGustavo whole post cause it started to annoy me....but i read The Seach Button whole post cause it was easy, didn't bore me

i guess, we have dif opinions here huh? not a prob at all!

haha, so you're lazy and can't be bothered to read intelligent posts that have more to say?

Rutegard
11-01-2008, 01:24 PM
haha, so you're lazy and can't be bothered to read intelligent posts that have more to say?

LOL usually ;)

no seriously, not in this case 'cause thank god just by reading the first lines u get his idea so i thanked him for that

but it's hard to read such posts, i do it generally when they r interesting, but i can't say i enjoy it (at least like the others)!

Llamas
11-01-2008, 01:48 PM
LOL usually ;)

no seriously, not in this case 'cause thank god just by reading the first lines u get his idea so i thanked him for that

but it's hard to read such posts, i do it generally when they r interesting, but i can't say i enjoy it (at least like the others)!

I just noticed that you're Portuguese? That might explain a little bit... perhaps you shouldn't give up because it's hard, though. Maybe you'd better your English or learn some things. I'm not saying that everyone who types long posts is smart or anything, but if you're giving up on them because they're harder to read, you might gain something by challenging yourself.

Also, very few people feel the way you do, so typing like that only caters to a few, while leaving the majority uninterested in reading your posts. I personally would be more likely to read your posts if they weren't so scattered and take up the whole page.

Rutegard
11-01-2008, 01:55 PM
I just noticed that you're Portuguese? That might explain a little bit... perhaps you shouldn't give up because it's hard, though. Maybe you'd better your English or learn some things. I'm not saying that everyone who types long posts is smart or anything, but if you're giving up on them because they're harder to read, you might gain something by challenging yourself.

Also, very few people feel the way you do, so typing like that only caters to a few, while leaving the majority uninterested in reading your posts. I personally would be more likely to read your posts if they weren't so scattered and take up the whole page.

it has nothing to do with that, it has more to do with the easiest way to read, like, the more beautiful the view is, the more i appreciate things in life :p

something like that, and if you don't wanna read my posts, u can always skip AND HEY! i won't even notice that!! ain't that sweet??

may i have my own opinion or what? jeeezz...don't make this harder than a pig's flying...

Llamas
11-01-2008, 01:58 PM
it has nothing to do with that, it has more to do with the easiest way to read, like, the more beautiful the view is, the more i appreciate things in life :p

something like that, and if you don't wanna read my posts, u can always skip AND HEY! i won't even notice that!! ain't that sweet??

may i have my own opinion or what? jeeezz...don't make this harder than a pig's flying...

I wasn't insulting you; merely giving you my opinion. Do what you will, that's fine. I am just trying to help you.

Rutegard
11-01-2008, 02:02 PM
I wasn't insulting you; merely giving you my opinion. Do what you will, that's fine. I am just trying to help you.

that's fine, i'm ok, and thanks for the help (but i don't need it), this is not an impairment, it's more like a formed opion.

and i accept yours, i was just giving u some help how to deal with my posts, that's all

are we cool?

Llamas
11-01-2008, 02:08 PM
that's fine, i'm ok, and thanks for the help (but i don't need it), this is not an impairment, it's more like a formed opion.

and i accept yours, i was just giving u some help how to deal with my posts, that's all

are we cool?

Yes, we're cool. And I do know how to deal with your posts; I never read your posts until this thread happened. :P

Rutegard
11-01-2008, 02:16 PM
Yes, we're cool. And I do know how to deal with your posts; I never read your posts until this thread happened. :P

haha YOU, and lots of other important ppl

despite all of this, i kept (and still aim for it) a low profile!, may the good luck be with me right now! (i surely need one)

Llamas
11-01-2008, 02:19 PM
haha YOU, and lots of other important ppl

despite all of this, i kept (and still aim for it) a low profile!, may the good luck be with me right now! (i surely need one)

haha whatever, though. It's your decision what you get from posting here, right? It'd be great if some effort was made toward the original point of this thread on your part, but it's not just you.

Sofinch
11-01-2008, 02:24 PM
haha whatever, though. It's your decision what you get from posting here, right? It'd be great if some effort was made toward the original point of this thread on your part, but it's not just you.

yep, I'm one of the company

Rutegard
11-01-2008, 02:25 PM

and i've already said what i'm gonna do about it!! don't worry! i'm also on THAT side (if there's a side). it wasn't my intention! really! to spam or not to spam ya know? i also know i'm not the only one, and as IamSam said, he posted my name cause it was the one he could remember of LOL....too bad i have such a memorable name huh?, but honestly, it really wasn't my intention neither i did knowing what i was doing, do you know what i'm saying? i never though i was spaming, (and i also know it wasn't THAT of a problem here on the forum too)

oh well, i dedicate this post to you ;) hope you like it, and cya around

dr.vanessa
11-01-2008, 02:30 PM
yep, I'm one of the company

me too:D .

T-6005
11-01-2008, 02:57 PM
I'm one of the important people.

ad8
11-01-2008, 03:08 PM
I'm one of the important people.

I want to be important, too... maybe I have to boost my postcount up to 6000 to become as important as you...:rolleyes:

SK8rocka
11-01-2008, 03:23 PM
me too:D .

Oh i am soo in teh company

Cock Joke
11-01-2008, 03:26 PM
So am I. :p :D :eek: :cool:

The Search Button
11-01-2008, 03:29 PM
Niiiiiiiice, this thread just went way off topic now.

We're discussing the spaces between lines, how many times people press enter while they type, if they are dumb for not enjoying long posts or pretty inteligent if they read thick texts, and who is important or not.

I think the creators of this thread had their answer already. They tried to adress an issue which was bothering them. It seems to me that the adressed people don't fell like changing, so what?

As far as I know the only people who rule the behaviour of others in this forum are the mods.

JoY
11-01-2008, 05:12 PM
don't ask me why, but I just love Brianna. don't you?

Llamas
11-01-2008, 05:17 PM
don't ask me why, but I just love Brianna. don't you?

Funny, I was just thinking about how much I love you, babe. :-*

JoY
11-01-2008, 05:20 PM
aww. <3! you're so cute, because you're honest & sincere & I know that's what I always try to be, so sometimes our personalities cause some kind of confrontation, but it never leads to a bitchfight, but rather to a good discussion. you're awesome.<3

Llamas
11-01-2008, 05:28 PM
haha and once again I'm part of the thread going off topic. And it's in the exact way that the thread is initially complaining about. :D But I generally agree, Bella!

JoY
11-01-2008, 06:13 PM
we suck so much, it's awesome. it's too awesome to be wrong. *grins*

ninthz
11-02-2008, 12:40 AM
it hurts being better than most of the bbs