PDA

View Full Version : The At The Gates 2008 reunion.

OffspringHead
10-31-2008, 01:10 PM
For those who don't know who At The Gates is, they're one of the most influential metal bands of all time. Without At the Gates there would be no As I Lay Dying, Evergreen Terrace, Darkest Hour, Killswitch Engage or any other Metalcore/Deathcore band. The Album "Slaughter of the Soul" by At the Gates Defined metal from that point on. They departed not too long after the release of Slaughter of the Soul in '96.

They had a reunion this year over the summer and most thought they would be back together for good but this is what they said:

"Well, it felt like the timing was right for once. We have been talking about a possible reunion for years now, but this was the first time everything fell into place. For me personally, it feels like getting closure. The break-up over ten years ago was abrupt and left a bad vibe between us that took years to get over. We have a better relationship today and a more relaxed approach to who we are and what we do. The time is right to get together and play some shows. Try to catch us live in the summer 2008. It could be your last chance"

When asked in October 2007 if the band was planning on writing a new album, Lindberg replied:
No new record will be recorded. The legacy of Slaughter of the Soul will remain intact. It would be fun to write together, but not under the name of At the Gates.

Tomas Lindberg, Earache Records[8]

At The Gates played their final UK show at Bloodstock Open Air on Sunday the 17th of August 2008.

On the band's official website, Q&A Anders declared that "it would be pointless to release something more than ten years after Slaughter of the Soul" and "would just disappoint people"

Even if you don't like At the Gates or metal do you agree that if they released a new album compared to Slaughter of the Soul it would be disappointing?

Alex101
10-31-2008, 05:47 PM
I've heard of At the Gates, but don't own their music. Yeah, I was very dissapointed that they would break up again.

Autonomist
10-31-2008, 08:23 PM
Without At the Gates there would be no As I Lay Dying, Evergreen Terrace, Darkest Hour, Killswitch Engage or any other Metalcore/Deathcore band.

Oh how I wish there was no At the Gates.

H1T_That
11-01-2008, 07:26 AM
Seen as The Haunted have just put a new album out and are touring with All That Remains, i'd say any chance of a At The Gates reunion is very slim. I'm not much a fan of At The Gates anyway to be honest.

OffspringHead
11-03-2008, 09:57 AM
Seen as The Haunted have just put a new album out and are touring with All That Remains, i'd say any chance of a At The Gates reunion is very slim. I'm not much a fan of At The Gates anyway to be honest.

The At the Gates reunion has already happened. It happened this past summer.

OffspringHead
11-03-2008, 09:59 AM
Oh how I wish there was no At the Gates.

At the Gates didn't INTENTIONALLY do it. It just happened. Kind of like my little brother. The way he happened was amazing but his creation wasn't intentional. It just happened.

And old school Dark Tranquillity and old school In Flames took a big part in the birth of metalcore.

H1T_That
11-05-2008, 11:39 AM
The At the Gates reunion has already happened. It happened this past summer.

Yeah, i know that. I meant them recording new stuff with At The Gates in the near future..

It just happened. Kind of like my little brother. The way he happened was amazing but his creation wasn't intentional. It just happened.

This is either fucking sick, or i have misunderstood something BIG TIME..

SaiKYoU
11-05-2008, 02:04 PM
i fucking hate at the gates... seriously...