PDA

View Full Version : The Ricetigers

ad8
11-01-2008, 09:53 AM
So... after the ground-breaking success of The Unholy Priests Of Garbage, there is another thread for one of my legendary bands:D
So... ad8 proudly presents: The Ricetigers.
We play mostly rock / punk rock. We are a real band and not just a joke like The Unholy Priests Of Garbage:D
I'd be pleased about thoughts, tips and other feedback.
Hope you like it!

Myspace (http://www.myspace.com/ricetigers)
Home Page (in german) (http://www.ricetigers.de.ms/)

randman21
11-01-2008, 10:28 AM
Ahhh, I thought there was already a thread for Rice Tigers. Anyhow, I'd listen to this before UPOG, and I have to say that I genuinely like it. I think you are different enough and have the potential to be a hit where you live, and possibly beyond. My favorite is "Listening to Pop". Is the techno thing a reference to the Homestarrunner thing "The System is Down," by chance?

ad8
11-01-2008, 10:37 AM
Ahhh, I thought there was already a thread for Rice Tigers. Anyhow, I'd listen to this before UPOG, and I have to say that I genuinely like it. I think you are different enough and have the potential to be a hit where you live, and possibly beyond. My favorite is "Listening to Pop". Is the techno thing a reference to the Homestarrunner thing "The System is Down," by chance?
Thanks :) And no, the techno thing... I don't know... I have a small toy drum at my home, and one day when only guitarist no.2 showed up to a band session, we made this "song" out of boredom:D And it's a real success... we already performed it at a concert :cool:

Edit: This Homestarrunner thing is awesome:D

randman21
11-01-2008, 10:48 AM
Haha, awesome. I meant to ask if you've actually been on stage yet, and I see that you have. You're a step ahead of us :P

ad8
11-01-2008, 10:54 AM
Haha, awesome. I meant to ask if you've actually been on stage yet, and I see that you have. You're a step ahead of us :P

Well... I've had one concert with the UPOG (it was at school and we played 2 songs... our first two songs ever:D) and one with the Ricetigers(at my 18th birthday party, so no "real" concert... the audience liked the techno song, anyways:D)
But I have been on stage 3 times already with my 3rd band. But in this band, we only play cover songs on private parties and stuff like that... so it's more like a job... a nice job:)

dff_punk
11-01-2008, 12:57 PM
Who is singing? Is it you? :p
Anyways, the deep voice is not that bad as I first thought and the songs are really listenable :)

ad8
11-01-2008, 03:04 PM
Who is singing? Is it you? :p
Yes:D

Anyways, the deep voice is not that bad as I first thought and the songs are really listenable :)
Thanks :) I also thought that my voice would totally suck and it does sound pretty bad on some songs, but it does sound quite cool on some songs, too.

ad8
11-18-2008, 08:36 AM
So... I just uploaded a new song called All I Can Say. Be sure to check it out;)
http://myspace.com/ricetigers

randman21
11-22-2008, 06:50 AM
By the way, I listened to the new song the day you posted it. Once again, I likey. The only advice I can give is to enunciate a little better. It's a bit hard to understand the words in the chorus.

Hehe, I'm liking "I Don't Live for You" more each time. The intro part is so cool. :D

ad8
11-22-2008, 10:50 AM
By the way, I listened to the new song the day you posted it. Once again, I likey. The only advice I can give is to enunciate a little better. It's a bit hard to understand the words in the chorus.

Hehe, I'm liking "I Don't Live for You" more each time. The intro part is so cool. :D

Ok, thanks for the advice. I'm glad you like I Don't Live For You:) It's one of my favourites, too.

ad8
12-02-2008, 10:59 AM
Bump. There is a new version of All I Can Say(I changed the chorus) on our myspace. And I proudly announce a second submission for the BBS Mixtape vol.2... if the second song will get picked, we'll have a BBS-exclusive-world-premiere on our hands:D ...let's see;)

MasteR GunneR
12-02-2008, 11:35 AM
Niedersachsen? Wo genau denn genau?
Ihr würde nämlich bestimmt eine Bereicherung für die umliegenden Events sein =)

ad8
12-03-2008, 10:05 AM
Gut zu wissen:) Leider gibt es noch keine umliegenden Events:D Aber wir kümmern uns drum;)

(english version: Good to know(that master gunner would probably show up on our concerts). I'm afraid there aren't any concerts yet, but we'll take care of it;)

ad8
12-14-2008, 08:12 AM
Just to let you know: Today I added a new song to our myspace. It's called Christmas Hypocrisy and I hope you like it:)

ad8
01-03-2009, 08:16 AM
Alright, there is a new song on our myspace. It's called Daily Confrontation and it's one of my faster creations. I'd be happy about some constructive criticism.
Thanks!

randman21
01-03-2009, 08:48 AM
I was just coming to bump the thread. :D

Once again, me likey. Nice and straightforward, fast, with a good melody. Any reason why you didn't put Mature up there (but don't feel forced to)?

ad8
01-03-2009, 12:47 PM
I was just coming to bump the thread. :D

Once again, me likey. Nice and straightforward, fast, with a good melody. Any reason why you didn't put Mature up there (but don't feel forced to)?

Nice:) I didn't put Mature on our myspace because it's already on the BBS Mixtape and myspace has this 6 songs max restrictions. So I'm trying to have many different songs out there;) Also, I want Mature to be mixtape exclusive so more people listen to the mixtape:D

Free?
01-07-2009, 07:32 AM
ad8, a little advice if I may... You should post lyrics somewhere too, I like running through them when I'm listening new stuff. :)

ad8
01-07-2009, 08:51 AM
ad8, a little advice if I may... You should post lyrics somewhere too, I like running through them when I'm listening new stuff. :)

All right. You wanted them. Don't complain about my grammar or my lyrical skills now;)
Seriously, if you got something, just say it. I'm always happy if I can ameliorate my stuff. So...

Daily Confrontation

Everytime I see your face
I feel the need to treat you with grace
Actually I'm trying to treat everyone right
No matter what they're like

But philosophy
Becomes atrocity
In my daily life I lose my mind

My failure I don't see
I work perfectly
But I hate waiting in line

Now I push you around
You are lieing on the ground
I don't think of treating you
Like a friend or so now go eat my shoe

But philosophy
Becomes atrocity

My failure I don't see
I work perfectly

Couldn't there be a person behind the surface? No man I say no!
Wouldn't it be likely that there are reasons for everything? No idiot I say no!

Stranger doesn't equal friend
That's what I think and I don't comprehend
Compulsive grace of charity
The contradiction I fail to see

But philosophy
Becomes atrocity

My failure I don't see
I work perfectly

Free?
01-10-2009, 05:29 AM
Well, you developed your unique sound, it's easy to recognize you from some shuffled playlist. Also your songs seem to be recorded pretty loud comparing to the other songs, when I was listening the mixtape I always was blasted away with how your powerful "Mature" thunder! :D But somehow I don't quite like your guitar sound, it's so raw and "garage". Also I think we've got similar voices, if I would ever sing I think it would sound something like you. :)
Thanks for posting lyrics, they are sincere which is good.

ad8
01-10-2009, 05:45 AM
Well, you developed your unique sound, it's easy to recognize you from some shuffled playlist. Also your songs seem to be recorded pretty loud comparing to the other songs, when I was listening the mixtape I always was blasted away with how your powerful "Mature" thunder! :D But somehow I don't quite like your guitar sound, it's so raw and "garage". Also I think we've got similar voices, if I would ever sing I think it would sound something like you. :)
Thanks for posting lyrics, they are sincere which is good.

Thank you for your opinion/advice! Maybe I'll change the guitar sound a bit since there were other people who told me the same thing. Since you seem to like the lyrics, I'll post another lyrics for another song here(it's the second song on our myspace).

All I Can Say

Hello my love, today was a funny day
People just tried to rob me twice
But by the time I learned how to run away
My running skills are pretty nice

All I can say is "Life's cool"
Now come on Partner and
don't be a fool
Come on and say
Life is good
Everything's all right
I don't do what I should

When I come home I'm gonna watch TV
Wow only two new rapes today
I am so happy that my children are safe
At least that is what our leaders say

All I can say is "Life's cool"
Now come on Partner and
don't be a fool
Come on and say
Life is good
Everything is good and
I don't do what I should

No one can stop me
Staring into the sunlight
Never thinking of the shadows

ad8
01-19-2009, 12:25 PM
All right, got another new song for you! This one is called Reign Of Stupidity and it's one of my favourites. Enjoy!

Reign Of Stupidity

Who the hell needs character?
We have make-up on our skin
Intelligence doesn't make anything better
Personality makes it hard to win

Is your self esteem justified?
We don't care cause we need stars
And when they're just an egocentric mess
They can still be crucified

Hey you, come on
and fight for your world
We got a reign of stupidity
And words are not meant to be heard

Why should I solve the problems
If I have an arm to punch?
I don't worry about being random
I feel quite well in the bunch

I don't know why I should think about tomorrow
There are no better people I have no sorrow
And I don't think about changing my ways
Cause superficiality gets paid off in these days

Hey you, come on
and fight for your world
We got a reign of stupidity
And words are not meant to be heard

ad8
01-25-2009, 09:45 AM
Here's a demo I finished two days ago. I said demo because I really doubt the lyrics of this version. Maybe you guys can help me by giving your opinions on this song. Here it is:
http://rapidshare.com/files/193867831/self-deprecating.mp3

PS: In case you haven't noticed yet... there is a new song on our myspace called Reign Of Stupidity. I'm happy about comments/criticism on that one, too.

Here are the lyrics for the new demo:

Self-deprecating
When you don't see no way out
When you fell down to the bottom
Just stick with yourself
Because truth has become quite seldom

And if in darkness you're gonna drown
If faithfulness isn't handsome
Then it might encourage you
In some years your foes could be gone

Because there will be a point in time
When their self esteem is going to kill them
When success will originate stupidity
And carelessness is to finish them

But if you don't believe
You're not the one to change things
Self-hatred is no relief
It's just really self-deprecating

Your opponents benefit from your doubts
They would not stand a chance against you
If you would only stand up for yourself
And start making your dreams come true

But if you don't believe
You're not the one to change things
Self-hatred is no relief
It's just really self-deprecating

Llamas
01-25-2009, 12:04 PM
I really like it! I like this a lot more than what you put on the mixtape... your voice works really well in this song.

My two bits of criticism: in the part after "in some years your foes could be gone", I personally think the guitar could stand to be cleaner, since it's the focus there. It sort of sounds unsure... though that could of course be your intent. :P

Otherwise, it's just really obvious that English is not your native language. :D "self-depreciating" is not a word, as it's written in the title. You spelled it right in the song, as "self-deprecating", but you pronounced it wrong when you sang it... it's not said like in "appreciate", but like... "dep-reh-kät-ing".

I hope you're not insulted by this... I'm very impressed by your ability to write songs in English... if I tried to write a song in German, it would probably make no sense, hahaha. Und eben mit die Fehler, macht dein Lied ein Menge von Sinn. ;)

ad8
01-25-2009, 12:20 PM
I really like it! I like this a lot more than what you put on the mixtape... your voice works really well in this song.

My two bits of criticism: in the part after "in some years your foes could be gone", I personally think the guitar could stand to be cleaner, since it's the focus there. It sort of sounds unsure... though that could of course be your intent. :P

Otherwise, it's just really obvious that English is not your native language. "self-depreciating" is not a word, as it's written in the title. You spelled it right in the song, as "self-deprecating", but you pronounced it wrong when you sang it... it's not said like in "appreciate", but like... "dep-reh-kät-ing".

I hope you're not insulted by this... I'm very impressed by your ability to write songs in English... if I tried to write a song in German, it would probably make no sense, hahaha. Und eben mit die Fehler, macht dein Lied ein Menge von Sinn. ;)
First of all, thanks for the positive and constructive criticism.
The funny thing about Self-Depreciating is that I first wanted to call the song Self-Deprecating. To make sure that I used a real english word(ironic, huh?;)) I looked it up in an online dictionary. There it said that there are two translations for the german word: Deprecating and depreciating. Since depreciating was typed in bold characters I thought that it was more common or whatever and I decided to use it. Well, I was proven wrong:D.

Llamas
01-25-2009, 02:13 PM
First of all, thanks for the positive and constructive criticism.
The funny thing about Self-Depreciating is that I first wanted to call the song Self-Deprecating. To make sure that I used a real english word(ironic, huh?;)) I looked it up in an online dictionary. There it said that there are two translations for the german word: Deprecating and depreciating. Since depreciating was typed in bold characters I thought that it was more common or whatever and I decided to use it. Well, I was proven wrong:D.

hehe, well "self-deprecating" = bescheiden. "depreciate" = absetzen. :)

randman21
01-25-2009, 02:27 PM
Ha, I didn't realize you were singing depreciating. But that's been cleared up now. I don't like it as much as Mature, but it's high up there. Probably third, after I Don't Live for You. It's a really good song, with an awesome melody. Do you write these songs by yourself? As for the lyrics, they can seem a bit unwieldy and awkward in some parts, but I'm definitely not the one to come to with lyric advice. There's nothing really bad in it.

ad8
01-26-2009, 06:20 AM
Ha, I didn't realize you were singing depreciating. But that's been cleared up now. I don't like it as much as Mature, but it's high up there. Probably third, after I Don't Live for You. It's a really good song, with an awesome melody. Do you write these songs by yourself? As for the lyrics, they can seem a bit unwieldy and awkward in some parts, but I'm definitely not the one to come to with lyric advice. There's nothing really bad in it.

Thanks:D Yeah, I wrote it all by myself... that's where the bad english comes from:D And the melody... I wanted to do something less "punk" and some kind of "happy" song. But of course the majority of our songs will stay loud and fast-paced;)
By the way, our second guitarist left the band some days ago, which means that I'll be looking for new people to recruit. Other than that, the remaining guitarist announced that he's currently working on a demo on which he'll sing for the first time. I guess that's a good thing since we can expand our sound by that.

Free?
01-26-2009, 03:40 PM
Self-Depreciating is awesome :). The sound quality is quite better, voice and everything is clean, I loved the 60's intro and the Social Distortion-like song.
This will be a great party song.
Btw I think that Static Martyr has influence on your music now.

ad8
01-27-2009, 05:40 AM
Self-Depreciating is awesome :). The sound quality is quite better, voice and everything is clean, I loved the 60's intro and the Social Distortion-like song.
This will be a great party song.
Btw I think that Static Martyr has influence on your music now.

Thank you:) And yeah, I can't deny Static Martyr's/Randy's influence on me:D

randman21
01-27-2009, 12:44 PM
Thank you:) And yeah, I can't deny Static Martyr's/Randy's influence on me:D
Hehe, thanks man. I was wondering, but of course I wouldn't ask.:D

T-6005
01-28-2009, 10:07 AM
Holy shit, man.

I listened to "I Don't Live For You" and it put a smile on my face.

It was awesome in both a catchy way and in a punky sort of way. Tons of fun. Definitely got me nodding my head.

ad8
01-28-2009, 10:12 AM
Holy shit, man.

I listened to "I Don't Live For You" and it put a smile on my face.

It was awesome in both a catchy way and in a punky sort of way. Tons of fun. Definitely got me nodding my head.

Thanks, man:) That's nice to hear.

ad8
02-03-2009, 09:06 AM
I just uploaded a new song to our myspace. It's called Fuck Prejudice:

Lyrics:

Fuck Prejudice

Where people get beaten up to death
Because they're not part of a country
The strong ones must immediately stop the madness
Destroy this wrong pride and the stupidity

So I say...

Fuck nationalities
They're just a key to hate
Fuck all the racism
Are you too stupid to debate?
Fuck suppression of others
Just cause you can't tolerate
And in general fuck prejudice
I'm different and you should accept your fate

The way it is it can't go on
We wouldn't miss it let's be strong
Leave behind frontiers and fights
Nationalism should be denied

So I say...

Fuck nationalities
They're just a key to hate
Fuck all the racism
Are you too stupid to debate?
Fuck suppression of others
Just cause you can't tolerate
And in general fuck prejudice
I'm different and you should accept your fate

Rooster
02-03-2009, 11:28 AM
How many more good bands will this forum spawn?

You guys are good. Good old raw sounding fast paced punk. Keep it going, we need more bands like you :)

ad8
02-05-2009, 01:46 AM
How many more good bands will this forum spawn?

You guys are good. Good old raw sounding fast paced punk. Keep it going, we need more bands like you :)

Thanks! That's always nice to hear:)

ad8
02-19-2009, 09:52 AM
So it's been a while since I posted something in this thread and I thought I could upload another new song. The song I uploaded has got full approval of my fellow guitarist and half approval of our manager(that's still good because he hates our other stuff:D). So I'm interested in what you guys think about it. I also uploaded our Against Belief cover of the song Secrets. Enjoy!

http://www.myspace.com/ricetigers

Edit: Ah yeah, the songs called Never Care and it's one of our slower songs.
Here are the lyrics(I hope they are ok):

Never Care

You practised hard
Became the best of the world
As you're walking on your path
You're the leader of your herd

Take a few steps more
And you'll see the real world

Beat down, shot down
Your head just hits the street
And they don't give a fuck
Like they'd care

Beat down, shot down
All the work is gone
And you can never dare
Never care anymore

Physical strength, intelligence
It is just not relevant anymore
Learn efforts or talent (- take and read and comprehend)
It won't even cause an uproar

Take a few steps more
And you'll see the real world

Beat down, shot down
Your head just hits the street
And they don't give a fuck
Like they'd care

Beat down, shot down
All the work is gone
And you can never dare
Never care anymore

Tell me who should give a damn?
Everyone has his own plan
And if for someone it should not suffice
He can always make up some lies - everyone has to pay a price

Take a few steps more...

dff_punk
02-19-2009, 10:16 AM
Wow, the backing vocals in the last part of Never Care reminded me of Bad Religion. So... I guess that means it is really good! :)

ad8
02-19-2009, 10:21 AM
Wow, the backing vocals in the last part of Never Care reminded me of Bad Religion. So... I guess that means it is really good! :)

Wow, thank you:) Actually I wrote another song where I tried to have BR-style backing vocals but didn't manage to get the BR-sound. It's cool to hear that I did it now, even if it was not intended:D

Free?
02-20-2009, 03:14 AM
Cool. I wish that chorus guitar was louder, it's a great riff, but can be easily overlooked because it's too silent.

ad8
02-20-2009, 05:56 AM
Cool. I wish that chorus guitar was louder, it's a great riff, but can be easily overlooked because it's too silent.

Ah, thanks for the advice:) I can turn the guitar a bit louder, indeed.

ad8
02-25-2009, 07:42 AM
Got some new stuff for you today! First of all, there is a new song on our myspace. It's called World Lives On. I guess you could call it Jazz-Punk or whatever. The other thing is: My fellow band member has started making songs, too. He's doing the kinda soft stuff, so maybe that's good for the diversity of our songs. I might upload the early demo he gave me later.

Lyrics:

World Lives On
There is a storm behind the sunshine
Bedimming light during our fun time
There is always something more to it

A star is shining through the rain
There's always solace for our pain
It's always hard to compromise

Since the world lives on no matter what we do
Every day we experience something new
The day will come when we won't wake up anymore
But the world won't be affected that's for sure

randman21
02-26-2009, 02:23 AM
Just to know, I'll give a listen later, when I feel that my connection can withstand it.

randman21
02-27-2009, 02:00 AM
Oh man, I like it! You can probably guess what my favorite part is. Anyway, I really like the direction you're going with your songs and songwriting. Though the older stuff is just as awesome, I see that you are incorporating more elements into the newer ones. I'm working on doing this, too.

ad8
02-27-2009, 06:09 AM
Oh man, I like it! You can probably guess what my favorite part is. Anyway, I really like the direction you're going with your songs and songwriting. Though the older stuff is just as awesome, I see that you are incorporating more elements into the newer ones. I'm working on doing this, too.
Thank you, that's cool! And yeah, diversity and development is very important. It's good to do something new once in a while.

Btw, we're actually doing other new things. My guitarist started singing on his own songs last week and now we plan to do some acoustic sessions where we cover songs for fun and maybe play some of our stuff on acoustic guitar. Plus we'll work on a video for Never Care tomorrow:D

ad8
02-28-2009, 12:33 PM
Just to let you know: I uploaded a new version of I Don't Live For You, including:
- a bass line(!) ...:D
- new vocals
- unbelievable awesomeness
but seriously, I'd appreciate to hear if it has become better or worse in your opinion.

( http://www.myspace.com/ricetigers )

randman21
03-01-2009, 06:26 AM
Admit it, you did it for me, didn't you?;)

It's a definite upgrade.

ad8
03-01-2009, 06:46 AM
Admit it, you did it for me, didn't you?;)

It's a definite upgrade.

For who else could I do it?;) lol
And it's nice that you like the changes. I wasn't so sure about the vocals, but I think they bring some variety in there. Btw, how's it going with... you know, our collaboration?:D Shall we make it official?:D

randman21
03-01-2009, 06:57 AM
EDIT: Haha, I didn't even notice there was no bass on the old one.

I'm so sorry man! I keep kinda putting it off, but it definitely be made official. :D

ad8
03-01-2009, 07:06 AM
All right. Let's post it in both our threads, even if you'll reach like 10 times more people in your thread:D
So... some weeks/months ago I had an idea for a song about my home and then I had another idea. I thought something like "wouldn't it be cool if there were 2 verses sung by people from different countries/continents?" So I asked Randy if he wanted to take part in such a thing and he said yes. Well, there you have it:D This is going to be a Ricetigers feat. The Fisticuffs song.
Any thoughts on this?

ad8
03-11-2009, 07:28 AM
There is a new song on our myspace! It's called Welcome (to my new reality). It would be great if some of you would give it a listen and post some feedback in here. In any case, enjoy!

ad8
03-23-2009, 05:43 AM
Hey everybody,
we (me and my fellow guitarist) met yesterday and messed around with our acoustic guitars. You can download the songs here:

Generator(Bad Religion Cover) (http://rapidshare.com/files/212531018/Generator__Akustik_Cover_.mp3)

Time Is Running Out(Muse Cover) (http://rapidshare.com/files/212528329/Time_Is_Running_Out__Akustik_Cover__1.mp3)
Time is running out is sung by the guitarist. We didn't really pay attention to the quality and we also fucked up many guitar parts. Real tru-punx atmosphere there:D
There is a third song on our myspace which is an acoustic version of our song Reign of Stupidity. Although we recorded that one some weeks ago. Nevertheless, I hope you (are able to:D) enjoy the songs!

randman21
03-23-2009, 02:36 PM
Awesome! I really like your singing in Generator. It's like...tender and such. Love songish (bad description).

On Time is Running Out, I probably liked the song more than the vocals. Not because he isn't a good singer, I just really like how you guys played it. He does sing well.

I don't know either of these songs, by the way.

Free?
03-26-2009, 05:16 AM
So far I've checked only Generator and I liked it. Can't get the Muse cover yet (thanks to rapidshare and it's love to put limits on everything). I'll post out a bit later.

ad8
03-26-2009, 08:20 AM
Awesome! I really like your singing in Generator. It's like...tender and such. Love songish (bad description).

On Time is Running Out, I probably liked the song more than the vocals. Not because he isn't a good singer, I just really like how you guys played it. He does sing well.

I don't know either of these songs, by the way.
Hey, thanks:D On the one hand, that's a funny thing to hear but on the other hand I'm glad I can make music in various styles.

So far I've checked only Generator and I liked it. Can't get the Muse cover yet (thanks to rapidshare and it's love to put limits on everything). I'll post out a bit later.
Thank you:) If you're having trouble downloading the songs at all, I can upload them to sendspace or something else, too.

Free?
03-26-2009, 08:41 AM
I liked Time Is Running Out even better, a solid cover, your buddy don't take high notes (not important, but had to mention since it's Muse song), but solo sounded kinda tough going. I can almost imagine how you stretch your fingers to reach the "highest" frets during it haha :].
Also I would appreciate if you would upload your songs anywhere except rapidshare :P.

ad8
03-30-2009, 02:27 AM
I think it's time for a little surprise;) (http://rapidshare.com/files/215242188/Ricetigers_-_8__2008__UlTr4-Upl0aD_by_ad8.rar)

Special link for Free?:D:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HWAN2EBY

This something between an ep and an album... I wrote most of the songs in the early days (Late 2006 - Early 2008) so this is my first compilation or whatever. I hope you like it:)

PS: I am currently working on another two albums so stay tuned:D

ad8
04-01-2009, 10:29 AM
Today I made a decision. I just can't keep playing childish music crying about the world. Life is good. That's why I decided to not make music anymore and quit the band. I'll now try to become more mature and not spend so much time on the internet any more. So this is it, close this thread now...

APRIL FOOLS!!!:D

The real update: I just uploaded another new song to our myspace. It's called "Hate Me" and I hope you like it:)

Edit: Lyrics:

Hate Me

I am an antisocial asshole
A fool with no emotions
I work for my own goods solely
and don't mind any commotion

Hate me if you can't stand my statements being true
Don't be afraid now and please do something new
Consider me a fool because I'm honest with you
I don't want you to be polite just please be serious, too

Now I just want to make you comprehend
You don't need to make false compliments
See I'm not really mean but truth I want to defend
I want to see what you think and not what you pretend

Hate me if you can't stand my statements being true
Don't be afraid now and please do something new
Consider me a fool because I'm honest with you
I don't want you to be polite just please be serious, too

randman21
04-01-2009, 05:29 PM
Hahaha, part of me wishes that I didn't see the "April Fool's" part first. I'm extremely gullible, so I probably would have fallen for it. :D

For the record, I'm in the process of listening to the EP/album thing you posted the other day, so that wasn't a waste of your time. :D

Hate Me is great. I have to admit that I don't usually pay attention to lyrics, but the ones for this song are good. I'm just trying to figure out if we should be liking or hating the narrator, lol. One thing I'm jealous of is the way you're able to fit a lot of words into a phrase, while mine have always been short, not really allowing for many lyrics. But I suppose that's a good thing in my case. :P Anyway, the music is awesome. The chorus reminds me a bit of Mature, actually.

ad8
04-02-2009, 12:48 AM
Hahaha, part of me wishes that I didn't see the "April Fool's" part first. I'm extremely gullible, so I probably would have fallen for it. :D

For the record, I'm in the process of listening to the EP/album thing you posted the other day, so that wasn't a waste of your time. :D

Hate Me is great. I have to admit that I don't usually pay attention to lyrics, but the ones for this song are good. I'm just trying to figure out if we should be liking or hating the narrator, lol. One thing I'm jealous of is the way you're able to fit a lot of words into a phrase, while mine have always been short, not really allowing for many lyrics. But I suppose that's a good thing in my case. :P Anyway, the music is awesome. The chorus reminds me a bit of Mature, actually.
Heh, thank you! I'm very glad to hear that my lyrics are getting better. I think the narrator might sound a bit arrogant and therefore one could hate him. But actually the message of the song is about these people who are not honest because they don't want to hurt other people. So the only way to make these people tell the truth is to make it easier for them by being an asshole and that's what I'm criticising here.
I guess the "many words into a phrase" ability comes from my activity in the Unholy Priests Of Garbage:D. But sometimes I'd really like to have short catchphrases in my choruses like you have... but I worked on that, too.
And yeah, there are riffs in Hate Me and in Mature that are similar.
I hope I'm not repeating myself too annoyingly:o

Llamas
04-02-2009, 09:13 PM
Randy, you confuse me... haha. You tell me that you don't really like songs that don't have lyrics/vocals... yet just here you say you don't pay attention to lyrics. Lyrics are most of the point of having a vocal track! If people just saying "la la la do do do" for an entire song, what would you think then???

randman21
04-02-2009, 10:39 PM
Randy, you confuse me... haha. You tell me that you don't really like songs that don't have lyrics/vocals... yet just here you say you don't pay attention to lyrics. Lyrics are most of the point of having a vocal track! If people just saying "la la la do do do" for an entire song, what would you think then???
Ummm...my favorite part of "Tom's Diner" is the chorus. The rest is just filler.

No, but seriously, you are 100% correct to be confused about that, haha. It's weird...a song is better with words, but I don't necessarily need to know what those words are. I have honestly never thought about how little sense that makes. Now, if I do hear the lyrics and they sound like crap, it does take me out of the song. But melody is really foremost for me. ;)

ad8
04-03-2009, 03:06 AM
So what's your opinion on this kind of lyrics, Randy?;) :D (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnoaj8b2bGM)

randman21
04-03-2009, 03:16 AM
I thought we were friends, man? :(

Haha, I should've seen that coming, though. :P

Free?
04-03-2009, 03:16 AM
I've been listening your album for few days, it's slower than a usual punk album, it's more like an intellectual punk. Also very German-sounding. I love the album cover, it's very eye-friendly. Thanks for the special link! :D

About Hate Me. It's very... Ricetigerish... :D

ad8
04-03-2009, 03:38 AM
I thought we were friends, man? :(

Haha, I should've seen that coming, though. :P
Heh, just joking... can u and I be friendz again, plx?;)

I've been listening your album for few days, it's slower than a usual punk album, it's more like an intellectual punk. Also very German-sounding. I love the album cover, it's very eye-friendly. Thanks for the special link!

About Hate Me. It's very... Ricetigerish... :D
Thank you! This was actually the first album I wrote, so on the one hand the lyrics are not that good, but on the other hand, the songs are very special and don't sound like generic punk rock songs. The second and the third album will be a bit faster and also a bit darker, I guess.
I'm happy to see that you like the artwork, too. Also, I'm glad that Hate Me is so well received as I love that song, too. :D

randman21
04-03-2009, 04:23 AM
Heh, just joking... can u and I be friendz again, plx?;)

okok i 4giv u nao. :D

I don't know what's happening to me, but "Confessions of the Music Industry" is by far my favorite (excluding the first two, as I have more familiarity with them), followed by "Say What You Mean," then "Blind". I like the overall sound of it, a la Free?'s description.

ad8
04-03-2009, 07:00 AM
okok i 4giv u nao. :D

I don't know what's happening to me, but "Confessions of the Music Industry" is by far my favorite (excluding the first two, as I have more familiarity with them), followed by "Say What You Mean," then "Blind". I like the overall sound of it, a la Free?'s description.
Well, that's surprising me, too. But it's surprising me in a very positive way:) Also I'm relieved that you like Say What You Mean as I thought I could have done that one better and wasn't quite satisfied with it.
I think Say What You Mean was the song that I worked on most, no wait, that was All I Can Say:D I think All I Can Say is my equivalent of Randy's Big As Life as there are like 5 versions of it:D

ad8
04-21-2009, 01:06 AM
After the longer wait, there is a new song on our myspace now. It's from the upcoming album called "Toy Of The System", which I'll probably upload soon. The song is called "Toy Of The System", too.
Also, I had the idea to post some information about every song each day in this thread. Should I start doing this? I'd probably start it along the upload of the album.

So, this would be the track listing for the album:
1. I Don't Live For You
2. The Toy Of The System
3. Reign Of Stupidity
4. Animalistic
5. Falling
6. Punk As Hell
7. Déjà Vu
8. Daily Confrontation
9. Selloutz!
10. For The Country
11. Mature
12. The Hunt
13. Youth Subsides

...and here are the lyrics for the new song on our myspace:

The Toy Of The System

Marked by the grey jungle
Apathy makes you tumble
You just took the way
Never thinking about the day

And since I don't want to end like you
I think about decisions
Try not to become a fool
And guard all of my visions
Cause I don't want to be the toy of the system just like you

Concrete walls isolate your life
Scornfulness stabs you like a knife
Colourful surfaces slowly fade to gray
You don't think of no alternative and accept this damned betrayal

And since I don't want to end like you
I think about decisions
Try not to become a fool
And guard all of my visions
Cause I don't want to be the toy of the system just like you

Blitzkrieg Bop
04-21-2009, 12:09 PM
ad8 ... would it be possible to upload some of your stuff, so that I can download them into my collection instead of going through myspace.

ad8
04-21-2009, 02:09 PM
ad8 ... would it be possible to upload some of your stuff, so that I can download them into my collection instead of going through myspace.

Yes, it is. The first two albums are uploaded now. Just pm me for other song/single song requests.

So, this is album number two:
Here is the album:) (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GAKZ7G0Y)
I hope you all like it;)

Blitzkrieg Bop
04-22-2009, 08:18 AM
Yes, it is. The first two albums are uploaded now. Just pm me for other song/single song requests.

So, this is album number two:
Here is the album:) (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GAKZ7G0Y)
I hope you all like it;)

Thank you ... I'll download it now, give it a good listen and return with feedback :)

Blitzkrieg Bop
04-25-2009, 07:14 AM
Okay ... so here is my feedback :) I have listen to it a few times and did struggle to get around the heavy accent at first, but once I managed to overcome that hurdle, I am glad to say that I really enjoyed it. All your songs are well balanced and it is difficult for me pick on specific song, so I won't :)

ad8
04-25-2009, 10:21 AM
Okay ... so here is my feedback :) I have listen to it a few times and did struggle to get around the heavy accent at first, but once I managed to overcome that hurdle, I am glad to say that I really enjoyed it. All your songs are well balanced and it is difficult for me pick on specific song, so I won't :)

Ah, ok. Thank you for taking your time and listening to my stuff/reviewing my stuff:) I'll have to work on the accent since many people seem to notice it, though. Still I'm very glad to hear positive feedback.

By the way, I just got a drumset 2 days ago and since I'm hardly able to play drums, I made a random video for youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=On4wdU6K3Xs
Discuss:D

randman21
04-25-2009, 11:48 AM
Told you Ricetigers was good, Marika!

I haven't gotten around to downloading the last album yet, but I listened to Toy of the System last week. It was great. I got a cool circus vibe from certain parts of it. Heh, I'm really only speaking from memory now...I'll download soon. :D

And nice drum skills, dood! Hahaha, great improvement in two days. :p

Free?
04-25-2009, 11:58 AM
By the way, I just got a drumset 2 days ago and since I'm hardly able to play drums, I made a random video for youtube.
Discuss:D

Holyshit! You actually nailed it! I didn't even notice any slightest difference from the original!

ad8
04-25-2009, 01:15 PM
Haha, thanks y'all! I've been working veeeeeeeeeeeeery hard, y'know:D#

Edit: Watch the video at 0:17... see, I'm even drumming at supersonic speed:D

randman21
04-25-2009, 02:14 PM
Man, that's just too much speed for me to bear.

Also, I wanted to say, DO NOT work on your accent! It's awesome as it is. :D

ad8
04-26-2009, 01:34 AM

Ok... that accent thing really seems to tear people apart:D

Blitzkrieg Bop
04-26-2009, 05:34 AM
Discuss

Spot on ... you definitely nailed it :cool:

Told you Ricetigers was good, Marika!

You did and you were SO right.

I agree ... there is no point in trying to change because it works perfectly as it is.

Ok... that accent thing really seems to tear people apart:D

LOL ... looks like I started something here ... it is really a non-issue and just an observation on my part, which honestly doesn't even bother me anymore :)

ad8
04-26-2009, 09:16 AM
Alright, now I think I get what you mean:)

ad8
05-05-2009, 09:35 AM
I just uploaded a new song from the upcoming album to our myspace. It's called "Icon" and it is #12 on the album. I'm maybe going to upload the entire album in the next few days if you like it;)
Just to tease you, this is what you could have heard already from the new album:D:
1. Never Care
2. Fuck Prejudice
3. World Lives On
8. Self-Deprecating
11. Hate Me
12. Icon
14. (only Randy heard this one yet;))

@Randy: How is it going with our cooperation? Would you rather have me putting the existing version on the album or would you like to make a special appearance as a featured artist on the album?;)

Lyrics:

Icon
An image they show
They want you to know
That this is how your life will be fine

If you pursue the illusion
There will be an intrusion
You will be corrupted by their plans

The nonexistent star is blinding you
The puppet master is telling you what to do

An icon shines over millions of people
An item of control it is
The pictures are floating around your head
But you can never be like this

They are making something up
This utopy can't really exist
But the images they feed you with
Are so well-shaped that you want to think it's real

The nonexistent star is blinding you
The puppet master is telling you what to do

An icon shines over millions of people
An item of control it is
The pictures are floating around your head
But you can never be like this

offspringer24
05-06-2009, 09:22 AM
love this band... really different vocal man, really makes you stand out...kudos :)

ad8
05-06-2009, 11:03 AM
love this band... really different vocal man, really makes you stand out...kudos :)

Thank you! I'm always relieved when I hear positive things about my vocals since I was very sceptical if they could work when I decided to sing:)

RageAndLov
05-06-2009, 11:38 AM
Techno was kinda good, even though most people would find that one pretty annoying.

ad8
05-06-2009, 01:53 PM
Techno was kinda good, even though most people would find that one pretty annoying.
lol, I don't hear feedback like that too often:D Still I'm happy that you like it;)

RageAndLov
05-06-2009, 02:15 PM
lol, I don't hear feedback like that too often:D Still I'm happy that you like it;)

You should make more of those type of songs, because I really liked it.

randman21
05-09-2009, 03:47 AM
Damn, I've got some catching up to do with you. I'll get on it!

And yes, I think you should go ahead and reveal the fabulous number 14 as is, and then maybe have, like, an alternate version some time in the future. Sorry again. I just haven't been able to come up with anything for it. :o

ad8
05-23-2009, 02:28 AM
This thread has been away for some time, but now it's back for a good reason;) (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9V6U6YA1)

I hope you enjoy this:) I definitely enjoy this album over the previous two, which is on the one hand caused by my improved recording/mixing skills and on the other hand probably by the structure of the songs and their lyrics.(I think I'll upload them separately)

For those who care, here are some fun facts about the album:
The oldest song: I don't really know, but the oldest part of a song is the opening riff in The Simple Truth(Fuck Prejudice), dating back about 2 years.
The newest song: I Want Something More, dating back about a month.
Longest/Shortest song difference: 2:09 (Anarchy - Strange)
Outtakes: 2
Most demo'd song: Self-Deprecating/Where I Live(2 demos each - that's a lot less than on the previous albums)
Again, enjoy!;)

Edit: Lyrics are here (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EUEU8DXB)

randman21
05-23-2009, 03:38 AM
Damn, I'm just now downloading and listening to Toy of the System. It rocks hard. Obviously, my two favorite of your songs is on there (Mature and I Don't Live For You), but there are some other great gems on there. I really liked For the Country. Toy of the System (the song itself) is just epic, man. I love the transition from slow back to the original speed. Deja Vu, Falling and Youth Subsides are other nice stand-outs. Heh, if I weren't about to go to sleep, I'd listen to the whole of GMoMS. I'll get to it sooner than I got to the second album, though. :D

Btw, I'm wondering, what amp do you use to record?

ad8
05-23-2009, 04:36 AM
Damn, I'm just now downloading and listening to Toy of the System. It rocks hard. Obviously, my two favorite of your songs is on there (Mature and I Don't Live For You), but there are some other great gems on there. I really liked For the Country. Toy of the System (the song itself) is just epic, man. I love the transition from slow back to the original speed. Deja Vu, Falling and Youth Subsides are other nice stand-outs. Heh, if I weren't about to go to sleep, I'd listen to the whole of GMoMS. I'll get to it sooner than I got to the second album, though. :D
Nice! I'm relieved to see that you like it:)

Btw, I'm wondering, what amp do you use to record?
None:D Well, for recording I don't use a normal amp. It usually goes like this:
Guitar ---> Digitech RP-50 ---> Mixing console ---> USB interface ---> PC
I used to work with a different interface(directly connecting the guitar with the pc), but since it broke I bought a new one.

randman21
05-23-2009, 02:41 PM
Nice! I'm relieved to see that you like it:)

None:D Well, for recording I don't use a normal amp. It usually goes like this:
Guitar ---> Digitech RP-50 ---> Mixing console ---> USB interface ---> PC
I used to work with a different interface(directly connecting the guitar with the pc), but since it broke I bought a new one.
Ohhhh, makes sense. I was thinking that you have a pretty damn versatile amp. :D Is it possible to bypass the mixer and just go RP-50--->USB interface? No particular reason I'm asking, just curious ;)

ad8
05-24-2009, 05:26 AM
Ohhhh, makes sense. I was thinking that you have a pretty damn versatile amp. :D Is it possible to bypass the mixer and just go RP-50--->USB interface? No particular reason I'm asking, just curious ;)

Not really. I'd have to use the old (and broken) interface for that. Or buy an adapter for the cables since it would have to go from jack cable(right expression for guitar cable?) to stereo chinch cable.

Edit: Or you buy a soundcard for your pc with a jack cable input.

randman21
05-24-2009, 06:00 AM
Ohh, I gotcha. Heh, I realize that we're getting a bit off-topic here, but can you post a link (or just tell me the name) of your interface? hehe, I don't even use my sound card anymore, except when I'm using my keyboard for synths (the SC came with MIDI ports). It didn't have the (I think they are called "phone jacks") anyway. I just go from guitar ---> USB interface ---> PC (---> Guitar Rig 3; I'm starting to dislike this process). Again, just curious :p

ad8
05-24-2009, 06:22 AM
Ohh, I gotcha. Heh, I realize that we're getting a bit off-topic here, but can you post a link (or just tell me the name) of your interface? hehe, I don't even use my sound card anymore, except when I'm using my keyboard for synths (the SC came with MIDI ports). It didn't have the (I think they are called "phone jacks") anyway. I just go from guitar ---> USB interface ---> PC (---> Guitar Rig 3; I'm starting to dislike this process). Again, just curious :p

Yeah, I did the guitar rig thing with my old interface, too. But then it didn't work anymore. So now I'm using a Behringer UCA Interface (http://www.musik-service.de/behringer-uca-202-u-control-nod-prx395754137de.aspx). Those aren't sold in the US, are they?

randman21
05-24-2009, 07:01 AM
Cool! I had thought about buying that (yep, they got 'em here), but I had already bought my current one.

Blitzkrieg Bop
05-25-2009, 11:59 AM
This thread has been away for some time, but now it's back for a good reason;) (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9V6U6YA1)

I managed to download this a couple of days ago and finally got a chance to sit down and listen to it *been out celebrating ;)* As you know, I liked your other two albums even with my initial problems, but this album ... it just rocks. Congrats :)

ad8
05-25-2009, 12:16 PM
I managed to download this a couple of days ago and finally got a chance to sit down and listen to it *been out celebrating ;)* As you know, I liked your other two albums even with my initial problems, but this album ... it just rocks. Congrats :)
Hey, thanks! I'm very happy to read such positive feedback:)
By the way, I already recorded some material for album #4 and I have one song in mind which I could put out next;)

Blitzkrieg Bop
05-25-2009, 12:34 PM
Hey, thanks! I'm very happy to read such positive feedback:)
By the way, I already recorded some material for album #4 and I have one song in mind which I could put out next;)

Only a pleasure, when you rock ... you rock :)
Does this mean you will be posting individual songs instead of having us wait for a full album?

ad8
05-25-2009, 01:02 PM
Only a pleasure, when you rock ... you rock :)
Does this mean you will be posting individual songs instead of having us wait for a full album?
Well, I can imagine posting one or two songs in here/on myspace(kind of like singles) and then releasing the whole album. Just like I did it with this the previous albums.

Blitzkrieg Bop
05-26-2009, 07:55 AM
Well, I can imagine posting one or two songs in here/on myspace(kind of like singles) and then releasing the whole album. Just like I did it with this the previous albums.

Considering that I missed the first two albums and had to ask for them much later on, I wasn't aware that you did it that way ... but it sounds awesome :)

ad8
07-15-2009, 01:30 PM
Alright, it's been waaay too long since I last updated this thread so here's some new stuff:
I've uploaded another song from the upcoming fourth album which is going to be called "Problems Of Perspective". I might also release the album itself in a few days, but I have to listen through the songs one more time and decide if I'm going to eliminate some minor flaws or not. Also, I need to create the "lyrics booklet" but that shouldn't take too much time as it won't be a real booklet anyway:D (I guess it's going to be the same way as it was in GMMS).
Until then I hope you enjoy the new song.

Lyrics:

Free Yourself
Free yourself from stupidity
Free yourself from naivete
Free yourself from the bullshit superstition
Free yourself from this corporate-based religion

Cause I am fine and why won't you?
It's easy to let go let the brain be your tool
To gain your liberty and fuck the idol cult
Just don't be scared of being different as a result
(and then)

Free yourself from xenophobia
Free yourself from this dystopia
Free yourself from narrow-mindedness
Free yourself from the idiotic rest

Cause I am fine and why won't you?
It's easy to let go let the brain be your tool
To gain your liberty and fuck the idol cult
Just don't be scared of being different as a result
(let's go)

ad8
08-08-2009, 07:11 AM
Sooo.... it's been a very long time and I finally took the time to upload my fourth album. It is called "Problems Of Perspective".

Also, I'm glad to announce that there will be the first Ricetigers practice with a full band featuring actual Ricetigers songs:) If this works, maybe I can even organise some gigs in the future. Until then I hope enjoy the new album!

The Ricetigers - Problems Of Perspective (2009) (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OC2GBYSA)

offspringer24
08-08-2009, 11:38 AM
just listened to the first two tracks and thought id comment

although track 1 (the night?) was very good i have to say

THE PERSPECTIVE was FUCKING COOL

well done my friend...look forward to listening to the rest later and will try and review (although im shit at reviewing, i'll try lol) the whole album soon and will give a couple of listens before doing so

well done matey

p.s can you pm me the links to your previous albums though and if you don't mind i'll get resident dj's to play and (hopefully) introduce your track before one of our live sets if you like?

hope all goes well at rehearsals

good luck :)

offspringer24
08-08-2009, 11:39 AM
oh and.... really long time lol, you have four albums to our unfinnished 1

easy on :D

ad8
08-09-2009, 02:31 AM
just listened to the first two tracks and thought id comment

although track 1 (the night?) was very good i have to say

THE PERSPECTIVE was FUCKING COOL

well done my friend...look forward to listening to the rest later and will try and review (although im shit at reviewing, i'll try lol) the whole album soon and will give a couple of listens before doing so

well done matey

Thanks, mate:) It's nice that you take the time to comment on the songs and give me some feedback.

p.s can you pm me the links to your previous albums though and if you don't mind i'll get resident dj's to play and (hopefully) introduce your track before one of our live sets if you like?

hope all goes well at rehearsals

good luck
I'll gladly give you the links to the earlier albums. I'd also LOVE to hear that my music gets played in England! It would definately be an honour for me to be announced by D-Tox:)

oh and.... really long time lol, you have four albums to our unfinnished 1

easy on :D
Hah, yeah! But I think the process of album-writing will slow down now that I have actual rehearsals (maybe even gigs):D
Also, I'm still looking forward to your first album which will probably rock even more.

Blitz!
08-20-2009, 01:42 PM
Hey Adrian ... I haven't forgotten about you, I'm busy downloading now and will report back soon :)

randman21
08-20-2009, 02:02 PM
OH, crap! That reminds me, I've listened to the whole thing already.

Job well done, friend! :D You guys are cranking out the jams at a crazy pace, and the quality is not suffering.

My absolute favorites are Perspective, Antagonist, Bed Religion, No Need to Fear and The Night, with my favorite lyrics coming from I Want a Hero. My least favorites are probably Religion and Searching My Absolution. Now for some random stuff I typed while listening :p :

I'm starting to become a big fan of jangly guitars, and that (along with the awesome drum part) is what makes Perspective my favorite song from the album.

I've noticed that you're singing "high" in this album, compared to the previous ones :D

Did you mean to name the one song "Why Do You Cry AT Me?" By the way, I like the other singer's voice.

I love the riff and beat that goes along with it in Oh Dear!

I can feel the Static Martyr influence in Tyrannic Authority (and throughout the whole thing). Am I right? :D
Is TUPOG still alive? hehe

ad8
08-21-2009, 09:58 AM
OH, crap! That reminds me, I've listened to the whole thing already.

Job well done, friend! You guys are cranking out the jams at a crazy pace, and the quality is not suffering.

My absolute favorites are Perspective, Antagonist, Bed Religion, No Need to Fear and The Night, with my favorite lyrics coming from I Want a Hero. My least favorites are probably Religion and Searching My Absolution. Now for some random stuff I typed while listening :p :
First of all, thanks for the feedback and the reviews! I'm happy to hear such good criticism so far.

I'm starting to become a big fan of jangly guitars, and that (along with the awesome drum part) is what makes Perspective my favorite song from the album.

I've noticed that you're singing "high" in this album, compared to the previous ones

Did you mean to name the one song "Why Do You Cry AT Me?" By the way, I like the other singer's voice.

I love the riff and beat that goes along with it in Oh Dear!

I can feel the Static Martyr influence in Tyrannic Authority (and throughout the whole thing). Am I right? :D
Is TUPOG still alive? hehe

Yeah, I think on the one hand I learned to sing better and on the other hand, my voice range improved just by the practice I did. I'm quite happy about that.

Please correct me if I'm wrong... I thought it was "to cry at someone"
And yeah, I like my guitarists' voice, too. In fact a lot of people liked it so far:D
That's cool! I like the song, too. Although one day I should re-record it in a better quality.
I can't deny that Static Martyr made country-esque music more attractive to me:D
Yes, we are. I should upload some of the new songs we recorded just a few days ago. Or I'll just upload the debut album since we probably aren't going to re-record it in perfect quality.

randman21
08-21-2009, 11:13 AM
Hehe, cool about TUPOG! There's a reason I ask about that, but it shan't be revealed yet. :D

Also, the more correct phrase would be "to cry to someone".:)

ad8
08-22-2009, 01:47 AM
Hehe, cool about TUPOG! There's a reason I ask about that, but it shan't be revealed yet. :D

Also, the more correct phrase would be "to cry to someone".:)
Ah thanks, I'll change the lyrics.
Also, I'm pretty damn curious about that reason now:D

Blitz!
08-24-2009, 12:55 PM
Finally I make an appearance ;)

Your new album is pretty solid ... I especially like the song 'Oh Dear' partly because I'm drawn to the melody, reminds me of old school punk :cool:

Also congrats Adrian ... you have managed to produce three amazing albums this year alone ... this is quiet an accomplishment :)

Static_Martyr
08-24-2009, 05:56 PM
Sorry it took me so long to get around to this, I've been way too busy for a normal human being....first thing's first, I like this:

I can't deny that Static Martyr made country-esque music more attractive to me

I think that is totally fucking awesome, and I also liked the song in question a lot :D It was something completely different than what I'm used to hearing from you. Stuff like that is good every once in awhile, just to remind people that you're still trying different stuff. I dare say it's quite poppy (and from me, that's supposed to be a compliment~).

Honestly, though, I'd be just as psyched if it was some weird kooky techno or something....in any case, it's the song itself that hooks you and the idea that keeps you coming back.

Also, extra points for the misleading song title :)

Other highlights:

-I like the song Antagonist, especially the intro. Very proggy, very different, then suddenly very hardcore (and good bass). Likes! If I had to draw a comparison here, it would be to Bad Religion's song "Only Entertainment." It just gives me that kind of vibe for some reason....

-I Want A Hero is pretty damn cool, too. It uses a familiar chord progression for that pop-sensible feel without coming across as a cliche --- just kind of like you saying, "We can still do pop stuff, if we want....we just don't want to." I'm sure the lyrics are fine and dandy as well, but unfortunately the lyric file (and NOTHING ELSE in the entire .rar file) was corrupt, so I don't have a copy....

-Why Do You Cry At Me makes me think of this song by one of my old favorite bands, Collective Soul, called "I Don't Need Anymore Friends." Is a different guy singing it? That could be it, because in IDNAMF, the guitar player sings lead vocals instead of the normal singer.

(the song in question: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8DwkwxHm7A)

-Oh Dear makes me think of the Clash. Specifically, Brand New Cadillac. It has that delicious 70's-80's radio vibe.

That's all for now. More later if I have time and feel like it :D

ad8
08-25-2009, 09:46 AM
Finally I make an appearance

Your new album is pretty solid ... I especially like the song 'Oh Dear' partly because I'm drawn to the melody, reminds me of old school punk :cool:

Also congrats Adrian ... you have managed to produce three amazing albums this year alone ... this is quiet an accomplishment
Thanks! I'm happy to hear that people like both Oh Dear and Why Do You Cry At Me? because these two are written by my guitarist and seem to bring some welcomed diversity to the Ricetigers' music!

I think that is totally fucking awesome, and I also liked the song in question a lot :D It was something completely different than what I'm used to hearing from you. Stuff like that is good every once in awhile, just to remind people that you're still trying different stuff. I dare say it's quite poppy (and from me, that's supposed to be a compliment~).

Honestly, though, I'd be just as psyched if it was some weird kooky techno or something....in any case, it's the song itself that hooks you and the idea that keeps you coming back.

Also, extra points for the misleading song title

Other highlights:

-I like the song Antagonist, especially the intro. Very proggy, very different, then suddenly very hardcore (and good bass). Likes! If I had to draw a comparison here, it would be to Bad Religion's song "Only Entertainment." It just gives me that kind of vibe for some reason....

-I Want A Hero is pretty damn cool, too. It uses a familiar chord progression for that pop-sensible feel without coming across as a cliche --- just kind of like you saying, "We can still do pop stuff, if we want....we just don't want to." I'm sure the lyrics are fine and dandy as well, but unfortunately the lyric file (and NOTHING ELSE in the entire .rar file) was corrupt, so I don't have a copy....

-Why Do You Cry At Me makes me think of this song by one of my old favorite bands, Collective Soul, called "I Don't Need Anymore Friends." Is a different guy singing it? That could be it, because in IDNAMF, the guitar player sings lead vocals instead of the normal singer.

(the song in question: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8DwkwxHm7A)

-Oh Dear makes me think of the Clash. Specifically, Brand New Cadillac. It has that delicious 70's-80's radio vibe.

That's all for now. More later if I have time and feel like it :D
Thank you! I'm really glad to hear such positive feedback from you. And yes, it's my guitarist singing in Why Do You Cry At Me?. He also wrote that one and Oh Dear, on which he also does parts of the vocals.

By the way, we might get to play a show in about 2 months!:D

Blitz!
08-28-2009, 07:25 AM
Thanks! I'm happy to hear that people like both Oh Dear and Why Do You Cry At Me? because these two are written by my guitarist and seem to bring some welcomed diversity to the Ricetigers' music!

By the way, we might get to play a show in about 2 months!:D

A little diversity has never hurt anyone, just don't lose you core sound. This is what makes The Ricetigers, the Ricetigers :)

The news about the show is awesome, keep us updated and good luck *not like you guys need it ... you WILL rock* :cool:

Static_Martyr
08-28-2009, 03:53 PM
By the way, we might get to play a show in about 2 months!

OOH OOH OOH! You gotta take pics and/or videos!

ad8
08-29-2009, 02:14 AM
A little diversity has never hurt anyone, just don't lose you core sound. This is what makes The Ricetigers, the Ricetigers :)

The news about the show is awesome, keep us updated and good luck *not like you guys need it ... you WILL rock* :cool:

OOH OOH OOH! You gotta take pics and/or videos!
Thanks! I'll organise something for you;) We are rehearsing for the show already and we should manage to play an 7-8 song setlist by then (november 6th).

ad8
10-19-2009, 10:30 AM
Alright, it's been a looooooong while again since I last posted in here but here's some news:

I just uploaded a new song from our upcoming album called "Indigence" to our myspace, so be sure to check it out!

We're also constantly rehearsing and we're almost ready to play the show on 11/07. We're going to play a 9/10 song setlist depending on how many songs we'll still manage to learn. Right now we're at 9 songs (5 of our own songs, 4 covers).
Also, I'm trying to organise a bootleg or at least a short video of our show so you guys are able to get an impression of the show;)

In the meantime, I hope you're able to enjoy the new "single" from the new album which is going to be called "The Other Way".

Blitz!
10-19-2009, 12:56 PM
We're also constantly rehearsing and we're almost ready to play the show on 11/07. We're going to play a 9/10 song setlist depending on how many songs we'll still manage to learn. Right now we're at 9 songs (5 of our own songs, 4 covers).
Also, I'm trying to organise a bootleg or at least a short video of our show so you guys are able to get an impression of the show;)

I am really looking forward to seeing the video ... I would love to see you guys in action :) I am also glad to hear that rehearsals are going well and that you guys feel ready for the gig. What covers will you be using the show?

I have listened to your new 'single' and it is Ricetigers all the way ... awesome as always :)

ad8
10-19-2009, 01:10 PM
I am really looking forward to seeing the video ... I would love to see you guys in action :) I am also glad to hear that rehearsals are going well and that you guys feel ready for the gig. What covers will you be using the show?

I have listened to your new 'single' and it is Ricetigers all the way ... awesome as always :)

We're going to cover some Offspring, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Green Day, Liquido (I think this is a german band, does anyone know them here?) and maybe Bad Religion. The song names are a little surprise;)
I'm glad you like Indigence! My guitarist also liked it, which is always a good sign;)

Static_Martyr
10-19-2009, 02:09 PM
I especially wants to see the Green Day and Bad Religion covers :D

But also lots of originals~

Blitz!
10-20-2009, 12:39 PM
The song names are a little surprise;)

I'm glad you like Indigence! My guitarist also liked it, which is always a good sign;)

Okay, but I'll only wait until 11/08 and not a day later for a full review of the show ... pictures are required, video will be even better :)

You seem to put a lot of faith in your guitarist, this is not the first time that you have mentioned him liking something.

ad8
10-21-2009, 10:38 AM
You seem to put a lot of faith in your guitarist, this is not the first time that you have mentioned him liking something.
Yeah, our tastes in music are very different even though we both mostly listen to rock music. So whenever we both like a song I've written it's a first success which might stand for more people liking it. Maybe this is a fallacy, but nevertheless it feels good to have your band members liking something you've written.

Blitz!
10-21-2009, 12:55 PM
Agreed ... but I believe there is not much to worry about in that department, the music you write ROCKS !!!!!!!!!! :)

ad8
10-22-2009, 12:33 PM
Agreed ... but I believe there is not much to worry about in that department, the music you write ROCKS !!!!!!!!!!

:) :) :)

Thanks! I'll try to keep it up;)

ad8
11-08-2009, 05:14 AM
Alright, I just came back from the gig/party I had yesterday. It was a really nice experience and I had lots of fun. Videos will be up soon.
But as promised here is the new album that I announced.
It's called The Other Way and you can get it here. (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YI3C1MOD)
I hope you enjoy it!

Rooster
11-08-2009, 02:02 PM
Downloaded the album, i'll give my opinion when i'll get a good listen of it ;)

ad8
11-09-2009, 11:18 AM
Cool! I'm looking forward to the reviews:)

I also uploaded two videos now. It's kinda frustrating because they have some kind of disturbances that make them jump forward by half a second multiple times. But I hope you can enjoy them anyway.

The Night:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFppRV_NQ_Q

A short clip from Free Yourself:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RBHuL4ogTw
The energy was just INSANE in that one! I mean, look at that stage presence:D

dff_punk
11-11-2009, 05:11 AM
I am loving the Free Yourself snippet :) Also, downloading your album, very curious of how it will be.. will give my opinion later.

Blitz!
11-14-2009, 06:57 AM
I also uploaded two videos now. It's kinda frustrating because they have some kind of disturbances that make them jump forward by half a second multiple times. But I hope you can enjoy them anyway.

The Night:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFppRV_NQ_Q

A short clip from Free Yourself:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RBHuL4ogTw
The energy was just INSANE in that one! I mean, look at that stage presence:D

I am aware that you have had your album out for a while now, so don't think that I forgot about it ... busy downloading now :) However, I haven't had a chance to watch videos yet, but I will shortly.

ad8
11-14-2009, 07:16 AM
I am aware that you have had your album out for a while now, so don't think that I forgot about it ... busy downloading now :) However, I haven't had a chance to watch videos yet, but I will shortly.

Ok, cool! I hope you are able to enjoy the videos albeit the messed up quality...

Blitz!
11-15-2009, 10:36 AM
Ok, cool! I hope you are able to enjoy the videos albeit the messed up quality...

The quality wasn't that bad, I have seen worse and yes, I enjoyed :) Tell me, what covers of The Offy did you guys play during this gig?

ad8
11-16-2009, 08:57 AM
The quality wasn't that bad, I have seen worse and yes, I enjoyed :) Tell me, what covers of The Offy did you guys play during this gig?

That's cool:) We played Self Esteem(I have to upload that one soon).
Anyway, some days ago I figured I forgot to post the setlist... but whatever, here it is:

1. Californication (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCMFtc8pbEk)
2. When I Come Around (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pqyb1zDM-Gs)
3. Happy Birthday (it was a birthday party)
4. Never Care
5. My Girlfriend (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYM_76JqBIo)
6. Hate Me
7. The Night (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFppRV_NQ_Q)
8. Free Yourself (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RBHuL4ogTw)
9. Self Esteem (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZfsf2VxvS0)
10. Narcotic
"Encore":
11. Californication
12. Narcotic

13. After-show party!:D

Blitz!
11-16-2009, 10:57 AM
Californication twice, any chance that he *dude whose B'Day it was* is a Chilli Pepper fan? I must also say that I'm disappointed that the Offy only featured once :( However, if you are going to do the Offy, you might as well do Self Esteem *awesome song live* :cool: The setlist looks great though :)

Oh, Happy Birthday ... did you at least try to Marilyn Monroe, breathless version :D

ad8
11-17-2009, 09:43 AM
Californication twice, any chance that he *dude whose B'Day it was* is a Chilli Pepper fan? I must also say that I'm disappointed that the Offy only featured once However, if you are going to do the Offy, you might as well do Self Esteem *awesome song live* :cool: The setlist looks great though :)

Oh, Happy Birthday ... did you at least try to Marilyn Monroe, breathless version :D

Well, that guy does like the Chili Peppers, but he also likes the Offspring.
The only reason we played Californication and Narcotic twice was that we didn't have any encore planned and the crowd requested those two songs.
I would have liked to play more Offspring, but we didn't have much time to rehearse any other songs next to the ones that were requested for the show.
Still it was fun... and oh, I'll upload Self Esteem now;)

ad8
11-17-2009, 11:22 AM
Self Esteem is up and can be found here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZfsf2VxvS0):)

Static_Martyr
11-17-2009, 01:28 PM
Kickass! It feels so weird to see you guys playing after having heard you for so long....it'll be even weirder if you guys actually end up going somewhere....it'll be like we were here from the beginning~

But yeah, good songs and good quality, to boot! Hold on to those videos, they could be worth something if you do ever go anywhere with this.

ad8
11-18-2009, 09:19 AM
Kickass! It feels so weird to see you guys playing after having heard you for so long....it'll be even weirder if you guys actually end up going somewhere....it'll be like we were here from the beginning~

But yeah, good songs and good quality, to boot! Hold on to those videos, they could be worth something if you do ever go anywhere with this.

Thanks:) I could say something similar about you if you should come up with live footage one here. Still I would absolutely kill to see your band play a show somewhere, performing the songs I listen to almost every day;)

Blitz!
11-18-2009, 10:32 AM

I SOOOOO second what Tim said :cool:

ad8
11-20-2009, 08:27 AM
Here's another video of our concert. It's the fifth song (My Girlfriend).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYM_76JqBIo

Static_Martyr
11-20-2009, 02:30 PM
Here's another video of our concert. It's the fifth song (My Girlfriend).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYM_76JqBIo

Kickass! That was actually one of my favorites off that album. It's cool to see that you actually played it live :D 10 stars.

ad8
11-21-2009, 02:44 AM
Kickass! That was actually one of my favorites off that album. It's cool to see that you actually played it live :D 10 stars.

Hehe, thanks :) :) :)

On a side note: Working on the sixth album right now. Working title: "At The Gates"

Blitz!
11-21-2009, 10:10 AM
On a side note: Working on the sixth album right now. Working title: "At The Gates"

Seems like there is no rest for the wicked :D
Really looking forward to the release :)

ad8
12-01-2009, 12:16 PM
Just uploaded our Christmas song to our myspace again(I don't know if anyone noticed it last year).

( http://myspace.com/ricetigers )

randman21
12-02-2009, 01:42 AM
Damn, looks like I missed out on a lot. Checked out the vids and I'm about to listen to the album.

Couldn't have said it better myself. It was very surreal seeing you guys on stage after all this time. But watching the videos gave me the feeling that The Ricetigers are gonna go do some major damage soon. Something about your music really works live. Anyway, keep doing shows!

offspringer24
12-02-2009, 04:34 AM
i seriously owe you a review, i promise i'll have it up in a few days ok dude :)

ad8
12-02-2009, 01:00 PM
Damn, looks like I missed out on a lot. Checked out the vids and I'm about to listen to the album.

Couldn't have said it better myself. It was very surreal seeing you guys on stage after all this time. But watching the videos gave me the feeling that The Ricetigers are gonna go do some major damage soon. Something about your music really works live. Anyway, keep doing shows!
Hehe, thanks! We have another show in march and maybe we can get some other shows to play until then.

i seriously owe you a review, i promise i'll have it up in a few days ok dude :)
Cool, looking forward to it:)

ad8
12-05-2009, 05:23 AM
Small update: We're on Ourstage.com now.

Link:

http://www.ourstage.com/profile/ricetigers

randman21
12-05-2009, 02:02 PM
Yeeeeah! Welcome. :) It's a fun site to be on, and I encourage anyone reading to join.

Now, about The Other Way...love it! It's my favorite one one yet. The quality keeps getting better and better, and so do the songs. I sorta listened to them on my mp3 player, so I don't know which is which, but I think my favorites were "Why (I Can)," "Running Again," "Not To Me," "The Purity" and "The Last Word". You're the only person I know who has released, what, four albums in one year :D Keep it up!

ad8
12-05-2009, 02:41 PM
Yeeeeah! Welcome. It's a fun site to be on, and I encourage anyone reading to join.
Seconded. Everyone, join!;)

Now, about The Other Way...love it! It's my favorite one one yet. The quality keeps getting better and better, and so do the songs. I sorta listened to them on my mp3 player, so I don't know which is which, but I think my favorites were "Why (I Can)," "Running Again," "Not To Me," "The Purity" and "The Last Word".
Thank you! I also think that the quality got way better... but I'm relieved to read that you also like the songs:) Not To Me, Why (I Can) and The Purity are my favorites on the album, too.

You're the only person I know who has released, what, four albums in one year :D Keep it up!
Ironically, you just wrote the title of the (probably) first song on my sixth album in your post so yeah, I'll Keep It Up:D

darea
12-05-2009, 09:24 PM
I'd never really listened to any of your songs. I think my favourite so far is Where I live, its kinda cool. And Ive already voted for it once on ourstage!:)

ad8
12-06-2009, 01:31 AM
Cool, thanks! I also like Where I Live a lot. At first I wanted to do a version with Randy singing the second verse/chorus but then I went ahead and did this version for the album... a second version with Randy singing about where he lives would be super awesome, though;)

Free?
12-06-2009, 02:23 PM
Hey Ad, I'm glad to see you making crowd go wild live and keep on writing music. I thought the song about punk running was genial (Deutsch spelling) and your social criticism is kicking again :D, I'm a fan of the booklet.

ad8
12-07-2009, 10:03 AM
Hey Ad, I'm glad to see you making crowd go wild live and keep on writing music. I thought the song about punk running was genial (Deutsch spelling) and your social criticism is kicking again :D, I'm a fan of the booklet.

Hah, thanks! I'm glad to get such positive feedback concerning both my music and the artwork:) I'm literally working on the artwork for the sixth album these days by the way:D

darea
12-20-2009, 02:26 AM
Im a fan of the artwork as well! Wondered if you could post the lyrics for Where I live and Keep track, unless you've already put them somewhere else?
And maybe you could put them as a comment on ourstage too, it helps to read the lyrics as we listen!:p

ad8
12-21-2009, 01:39 PM
Im a fan of the artwork as well! Wondered if you could post the lyrics for Where I live and Keep track, unless you've already put them somewhere else?
And maybe you could put them as a comment on ourstage too, it helps to read the lyrics as we listen!:p

Yeah, no problem. Sorry for the wait!

Keep Track

They're standing in line
Demonstrating their power
One more marvellous than the one before

Annihilating connections to their origins
As if they erased their human nature
To the core

And in contrary to these shiny stars
I sit alone in the back
I know about the irrelevancy of life
Hence I can not keep track

I know I am not perfect
And I will never be
But does this matter anyway?

In the end we'll be buried in oblivion
No one is better than anyone else
That's all I have to say

And in contrary to these shiny stars
I live my life in the back
Since I know about the irrelevancy of life
It's hard for me to even want to keep track

Where I Live

There's a lot of tradition
Along with superstition
Comes the permission
To decide what's right or wrong

No one wants to make an admission
Of major prestige demolition
But everybody is having a suspicion
And melancholia occupies our minds

As for my home nation
I can only hope for quick salvation
We need a general restoration
To restart it all again

We got no air for respiration
Why should be now be even gracious
But we're easily impatient
Old Europe's problems are present

Actually we should be satisfied
No reason to be discontent
But still so much is fucked up
I see criminal intent

Lethargy is our secret friend
We never really learn how to give
We live like this every day
That's what it's like where I live

darea
12-22-2009, 05:03 AM
thanks, I like the songs even more now that I know the lyrics, could you put them on ourstage too? like as a comment?

ad8
12-22-2009, 11:02 AM
Of course.
I'm happy to see that you like the lyrics. I think these two are my favourite Ricetigers lyrics after all.

ad8
01-19-2010, 01:03 PM
Once again it's been a long time without any update. But...

I think I'll release the sixth album on the 23rd of January.

It's called At The Gates.

ad8
01-20-2010, 11:16 AM
...and to even shorten the wait I uploaded one song off the new album to our myspace.

It is called (In-)Sobriety and it's one of the slower songs. Actually this album contains more slower/calm/alternate songs than the ones before. I really experienced around and I don't know if anyone is going to like it, but it is also a good experience to make. I think the seventh album will rather be going the direction of raw and fast punk again. But I'll definitely keep trying new stuff as I did on this record.

Anyway, I hope you like this song!

ad8
01-23-2010, 09:57 AM
...et voilà! (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=59Y0YLFO)

Rooster
01-23-2010, 12:25 PM
Downloaded the album, listening right now. I'll give a more detailed opinion when i get a good listen to the album (although that might take a while, i rarely have any free time these days).

But i must compliment one thing right away: Kudos to you for fighting against the loudness war! It's nice thing to see waveforms that actually look like waveforms, i did the same thing with The Redestructed demo - rather make songs a bit quieter and less compressed, but with much better sound. Did you do it yourself? If so, with which program? I'd recommend adobe audition 3. You can do wonders with that program. Our songs sounded somehow dull before mastering, but i applied a bit of compression and then expand effect, which made the sound better than it was before.

ad8
01-24-2010, 02:23 AM
Hah, thanks. My first albums were pretty loud, but after some time I decided to improve the sound quality and add a little more dynamics to the songs.
And yeah, I did the mixing/mastering for the songs.
I use Cubase LE 4 for these purposes.

Blitz!
02-07-2010, 10:45 AM
Consider it downloaded ... Finally ;) I believe this is the best album you have produced to date. Totally loving it :)

Kudos to you for fighting against the loudness war!

I can understand the war against loundness however in certain instances I find it necessary because it does add that little extra something.

ad8
02-07-2010, 11:25 AM
Wow, that's great.
I was a bit skeptical about the album at first since it is different from what I did on the first albums and I am really glad that you like it:)

Gustavo
02-10-2010, 05:16 PM
Wow! How come I haven't commented on this thread yet?
Anyway, this band is awesome! I really enjoy your songs, ad8! At least the ones I've listened to so far, and I'll try to listen to more of your stuff soon. Anyway, congrats and keep up with the good work.

ad8
02-11-2010, 10:15 AM
Wow! How come I haven't commented on this thread yet?
Anyway, this band is awesome! I really enjoy your songs, ad8! At least the ones I've listened to so far, and I'll try to listen to more of your stuff soon. Anyway, congrats and keep up with the good work.

Thanks! I'm always glad to get feedback like this:)

Also, to keep this thread at least a bit updated:
Here's a fun video that we made some weeks ago. It contains about 2/3 of our song "The Night" and 3/4 of our band:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne3shuI7jrc

ad8
02-17-2010, 12:52 PM
Last weekend I uploaded a new video which I forgot to post here.
I thought I could do that now. It is a cover of "Do What You Want" by Bad Religion. I hope you are able to enjoy it even though it's not exactly punk rock ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efjbg-_0jE8

Static_Martyr
02-22-2010, 05:59 AM
I just wanted to drop by and say that I fucking love Bed Religion. I know it's an older one, but I somehow missed out on it until recently....so yeah :D

Downloading the new one now, will comment later.

ad8
02-22-2010, 10:45 AM
I just wanted to drop by and say that I fucking love Bed Religion. I know it's an older one, but I somehow missed out on it until recently....so yeah :D

Downloading the new one now, will comment later.

Cool:) I hope you'll be able to enjoy the new album as much as Bed Religion... I like that one a lot, too.

ad8
02-28-2010, 12:58 PM
Alright, today was a good day. I worked on 2 songs for the upcoming seventh album which is currently titled "The Redemption". Also, I uploaded a re-recording of our song "I Don't Live For You" to our myspace and another cover to our Youtube channel. It's a cover of the Bad Religion song "Modern Man".
I hope you like it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=us1-_1YPhsY

Rooster
02-28-2010, 02:36 PM
Damn dude, you're putting out albums like girls change their pants.

Not that i complain though, keep them coming!

randman21
03-19-2010, 01:24 PM
Loving the new version of I Don't Live For You! It was the first song that got me into Ricetigers, so it's nice to hear it mixed up a little bit. I wouldn't have thought that it would work faster, but it totally does. It seems to have more purpose and slight bit of anger. ;)

Did you find that it was much easier to play it on guitar than when you first recorded it? It's almost always the case when I go back and do a song over.

ad8
03-20-2010, 05:10 AM
Loving the new version of I Don't Live For You! It was the first song that got me into Ricetigers, so it's nice to hear it mixed up a little bit. I wouldn't have thought that it would work faster, but it totally does. It seems to have more purpose and slight bit of anger. ;)

Did you find that it was much easier to play it on guitar than when you first recorded it? It's almost always the case when I go back and do a song over.

Thanks! I wasn't sure about speeding the song up, too. But apparently it worked:)

I didn't find that the song was harder to play. But yeah, I had a hard time recording it because this time I wanted to avoid the mistakes I had done earlier and therefore I needed to concentrate myself more.

ad8
04-12-2010, 12:50 PM
Holy shit IT'S NEW... ...except not really.
(http://myspace.com/ricetigers)
Anyway, I have come to update this thread for a reason.
I uploaded a re-recording of one of my older songs - Where I Live - to our myspace (http://myspace.com/ricetigers). In other news I can say that I just worked on the seventh album and all I need now is to create two drum tracks for two songs and then do the final mixing work until I'm able to release that one.

It's called The Redemption. Here's the track listing in artwork form as a little teaser: ;)
http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc348/Ricetigers/redemptionbackKopie.jpg

Static_Martyr
04-12-2010, 03:50 PM
Man, I'm gonna have to bust ass to keep up with you guys....seven albums?! Yeesh!

But seriously, I'll be waiting for the new one as well....although, I only have five at the moment --- At The Gates, Great Moments, Problems of Perspective, Toy of the System, and S/T. What am I missing?

ad8
04-13-2010, 10:30 AM
Man, I'm gonna have to bust ass to keep up with you guys....seven albums?! Yeesh!

But seriously, I'll be waiting for the new one as well....although, I only have five at the moment --- At The Gates, Great Moments, Problems of Perspective, Toy of the System, and S/T. What am I missing?

The fifth album, called The Other Way.
Here it is... enjoy! (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YI3C1MOD)

Static_Martyr
04-13-2010, 02:30 PM
The file you are trying to access is temporarily unavailable.

:(

Have to try again later, I guess....ah, well. I've been looking for an opportunity to refresh my memory of the RT discography....I'll just do that in the meantime :D

ad8
04-14-2010, 10:22 AM
:(

Have to try again later, I guess....ah, well. I've been looking for an opportunity to refresh my memory of the RT discography....I'll just do that in the meantime :D
Did it work for you today? I could upload it somewhere else if not.

I also want to excuse for probably not having 17 but 16 songs on the new album. I decided to cut one out because I didn't really like it during the final listening process. Maybe I'll release it on an unreleased songs compilation sometime.

Static_Martyr
04-14-2010, 01:14 PM
No luck today, either....:(

So where does this one fit on the timeline, exactly? I have the other ones sorted by date.

ad8
04-15-2010, 11:50 AM
No luck today, either....:(

So where does this one fit on the timeline, exactly? I have the other ones sorted by date.

I released it on November, 8th, just after our first concert.

I'll reupload it now.

ad8
04-15-2010, 12:48 PM
Alright, I uploaded it to Rapidshare. Hope it isn't as lame as Megaupload. (http://rapidshare.com/files/376292057/Ricetigers_-_The_Other_Way__2009__UlTr4_Upl0aD_bY_ad8.rar)

Static_Martyr
04-15-2010, 08:07 PM
:D

Mission accomplished!

http://i0006.photobucket.com/albums/0006/findstuff22/Best%20Images/Icons/thank-you1.jpg

Static_Martyr
04-20-2010, 06:49 PM
I'm giving it another listen through (second one through, first one really paying attention)....so far, my favorite ones are The New Disease (it's like part ska, part country bumpkin, with an interestingly un-traditional country/ska chord progression) and Irreplaceable Individual (it has such a simple riff, and it treads so close to familiar....but it's different, somehow; it demonstrates my musical philosophy well, taking familiar pop concepts and then twisting them slightly so they sound different and original).

The other ones are still kinda sinking in, so I'll hold off comments on them for now. But those two stood out to me right away, on my first listens. Kudos :D

Also, extra points for naming the last track after the album. I dunno why, that always makes it feel a bit more epic when the last track comes around. And the anticipatory riff that leads into the last song also helps....is it gonna blow up and be super-fast? Or is it gonna be slow, epic and heavy? Who knows? :cool:

ad8
04-21-2010, 11:53 AM
I'm giving it another listen through (second one through, first one really paying attention)....so far, my favorite ones are The New Disease (it's like part ska, part country bumpkin, with an interestingly un-traditional country/ska chord progression) and Irreplaceable Individual (it has such a simple riff, and it treads so close to familiar....but it's different, somehow; it demonstrates my musical philosophy well, taking familiar pop concepts and then twisting them slightly so they sound different and original).

The other ones are still kinda sinking in, so I'll hold off comments on them for now. But those two stood out to me right away, on my first listens. Kudos :D

Also, extra points for naming the last track after the album. I dunno why, that always makes it feel a bit more epic when the last track comes around. And the anticipatory riff that leads into the last song also helps....is it gonna blow up and be super-fast? Or is it gonna be slow, epic and heavy? Who knows? :cool:

Cool! I wrote The New Disease on my acoustic guitar when I was in France last summer. Maybe that's how it got that country feel.
I'm really happy that you noticed Irreplaceable Individual that much since I tend to think of that one as a "filler" track on that album.

And hehe, I've had the same thoughts about the concept of an album closing with a song titled the same as the album.
I don't think every album should have this, but one or two albums containing such songs are cool.

On a side note: Right now I'm re-recording the first album of ours to finally give everyone a listenable version concerning the (sound and lyrics) quality.

Static_Martyr
04-21-2010, 06:38 PM
Well, as our songs may have demonstrated, I don't worry TOO much about quality; as long as it's at least Minor Threat quality (soundwise), I can listen to pretty much anything. I mean, as long as I can pick the individual pieces out of the mix (i.e. they're not just all lumped on top of each other and run together), I consider it "listenable." And my friend, I have seen FAR worse than you guys' debut album, sound-quality-wise (like *ours,* for example :o).

What I was going to say last night but forgot, though, was that you seem to have begun developing a unique style....I still don't know a lot of your songs by name (or many of the lyrics), but when I have my playlist on shuffle, I can tell when one of yours comes up right away. Part of it's the tone of the guitars, but part of it is also the overall sound quality and the types of chord progressions you use. It's like I was saying, kind of a "familiar-but-not-familiar" style :cool:

ad8
04-22-2010, 07:03 AM
Well, as our songs may have demonstrated, I don't worry TOO much about quality; as long as it's at least Minor Threat quality (soundwise), I can listen to pretty much anything. I mean, as long as I can pick the individual pieces out of the mix (i.e. they're not just all lumped on top of each other and run together), I consider it "listenable." And my friend, I have seen FAR worse than you guys' debut album, sound-quality-wise (like *ours,* for example :o).

What I was going to say last night but forgot, though, was that you seem to have begun developing a unique style....I still don't know a lot of your songs by name (or many of the lyrics), but when I have my playlist on shuffle, I can tell when one of yours comes up right away. Part of it's the tone of the guitars, but part of it is also the overall sound quality and the types of chord progressions you use. It's like I was saying, kind of a "familiar-but-not-familiar" style :cool:
That's cool! I think one of the most important things for a band with original songs is to develop a "trade mark" sound. It's not helpful for any new band to sound "exactly" like Offspring, Bad Religion or other bands. That might make you sound cool but it'll get boring fast.
I think most bands from the Your Band reached this "trade mark" sound, though. That's one of the main reasons why I enjoy music from here that much. People with similar interests and (often) from the same genre of music, but everything in different sounds and styles of playing/songwriting.

ad8
04-24-2010, 12:53 PM
Alright, I decided to finish the album today and upload it to good ol' rapidshare after Megaupload seemed to be a bitch a bit too often in the past. I hope you enjoy it!

Ricetigers - The Redemption (2010) (http://rapidshare.com/files/379655735/Ricetigers_-_The_Redemption__2010__rippeT_and_uploadeT_by_ad8. rar)

I think that this is one of my personal favorites out of the seven albums I've released. There are a few tracks that I don't like that much, but there are also some tracks I really like.
All in all it's probably the good mix of fast punk songs, slow songs, fun lyrics and serious lyrics that I like.

Once again, hope you like it!

edit: For those of you who don't want to download the entire album:
I've uploaded the first "single" off our new album to our myspace.

randman21
04-24-2010, 04:10 PM
Oh, man. I can't wait to hear it! As per recent tradition, I'll listen to it at work. I have a particularly long, uninterrupted drive tonight. :D

Blitz!
04-26-2010, 12:30 PM
Cool !!! The new album is finally out and is being added to my collection as I write ;)

randman21
04-26-2010, 12:51 PM
Heh, you release albums like I release songs.

I've heard the new album, but I have sort of tainted my listening experience. I unknowingly had it on shuffle, when I usually like to listen in order to judge the flow of it. Plus, I wasn't looking at the titles, so I couldn't tell you which ones I liked. :P BUT I agree with you. This is your best album yet! Previously, The Other Way was my favorite, but this is just even more excellent. Tim was right. You do have your complete own style, yet it's so very punk. That's hard to do. I'll get back to you once I listen to it again. :D

ad8
04-26-2010, 01:13 PM
Cool !!! The new album is finally out and is being added to my collection as I write ;)
Thanks for the appreciation :)

Heh, you release albums like I release songs.

I've heard the new album, but I have sort of tainted my listening experience. I unknowingly had it on shuffle, when I usually like to listen in order to judge the flow of it. Plus, I wasn't looking at the titles, so I couldn't tell you which ones I liked. :P BUT I agree with you. This is your best album yet! Previously, The Other Way was my favorite, but this is just even more excellent. Tim was right. You do have your complete own style, yet it's so very punk. That's hard to do. I'll get back to you once I listen to it again. :D
Wow, I'm really delighted to read this! I hope you also enjoy the normal playlist ;)

ad8
05-07-2010, 05:42 AM
It's been a while, but now I'm back to announce two things:

1) I finished the re-recording of the first album which I plan to release tomorrow.

2) I uploaded one of these re-recorded songs to our myspace so you can already check it today.
I hope you like it!

ad8
05-08-2010, 08:21 AM
Hello again!

Today we have a little anniversary as the Ricetigers turn 3,5 years old.
Here is -as promised- the uploaded re-recording of the first album:

http://rapidshare.com/files/384967030/Ricetigers_-_8__Re-Recording_2010__ultra_upload.rar

Enjoy (or don't)!

Static_Martyr
05-27-2010, 04:45 PM
I have a funny story I'd like to share with you, ad8 :D

Sometimes when I'm on one of the other forums I frequent, I plug for some of the BBS bands that I listen to....I don't usually tell anyone that they're BBS bands, but rather I just talk about them like they're a normal band, and I post some lyrics and a couple of songs by them, and once people get interested and start tracking them down, I let it slip that they're a self-published band that records and releases their own material for free, etc.

Well, I was on one such forum today (gamefaqs.com), the Silent Hill 3 Social Board (SH3 is a Playstation 2 game in case you didn't know); there's a topic there called "What Song Are You Listening To Now?" that's pretty self-explanatory; you post the song you're currently listening to. I posted "Break Down" because I'd been listening to it to try and figure out how I want to do the cover of it for the BBS Covers III project....I only mentioned that you're a "German hardcore band that sings in English" and that I thought that was "bad-ass." I got this response from our local Austrian guy (he prides himself on knowing about obscure -- and therefore hardcore -- bands, so he seemed kind of offended at the idea of an American who had heard of some obscure German band that he hadn't heard of himself):

That's a common sell-out move One half of all German bands sing in English. Actually, half of all European bands do.

He was kind of half-joking (we poke fun at each other for having different interests quite often), but because his comment was so ironic, I immediately responded:

^Well, I'd hesitate to call them "sellouts" considering that they've self-released about 6 albums (all for free) and aren't even signed to a label 0.0

I just thought that was amusing :D

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000182-silent-hill-3-social/49285275?page=10

ad8
05-29-2010, 03:47 AM
I have a funny story I'd like to share with you, ad8 :D

Sometimes when I'm on one of the other forums I frequent, I plug for some of the BBS bands that I listen to....I don't usually tell anyone that they're BBS bands, but rather I just talk about them like they're a normal band, and I post some lyrics and a couple of songs by them, and once people get interested and start tracking them down, I let it slip that they're a self-published band that records and releases their own material for free, etc.

Well, I was on one such forum today (gamefaqs.com), the Silent Hill 3 Social Board (SH3 is a Playstation 2 game in case you didn't know); there's a topic there called "What Song Are You Listening To Now?" that's pretty self-explanatory; you post the song you're currently listening to. I posted "Break Down" because I'd been listening to it to try and figure out how I want to do the cover of it for the BBS Covers III project....I only mentioned that you're a "German hardcore band that sings in English" and that I thought that was "bad-ass." I got this response from our local Austrian guy (he prides himself on knowing about obscure -- and therefore hardcore -- bands, so he seemed kind of offended at the idea of an American who had heard of some obscure German band that he hadn't heard of himself):

He was kind of half-joking (we poke fun at each other for having different interests quite often), but because his comment was so ironic, I immediately responded:

I just thought that was amusing :D

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000182-silent-hill-3-social/49285275?page=10
Hehe, that's indeed funny. What's even more funny is the fact that many German bands sing in German because they "don't need to sing in English in order to make good music":D

ad8
06-10-2010, 02:58 PM
Hey, another update after a long while!
I have uploaded the first song off the eigth and supposedly last album for the time being.
It is called "The Process Of Change, part 1 - It Is Time" and starts off the album which is called "Liberty".
I have completed 14 songs for this album and currently am in the process of mixing/mastering the songs. Release date should be July 4th, but I might just release it a few days earlier, depending on whether or not I'll have it completed by then.
But back to the present, here's the new song on our myspace;)

ad8
07-26-2010, 04:08 AM
I just uploaded another song off the new album to our myspace. It is called "Thought I'd Write" and I hope it can make up for the long wait and album delay time:o

I plan to release the album on 08/01/2010 now. (and by plan I mean I will do so unless I get killed or kidnapped;))

dff_punk
07-26-2010, 07:49 AM
Wow, really impressive guitar solo at the end of this last piece. You, sir, are improving greatly :)

Rooster
07-26-2010, 10:11 AM
Holy shit, how many albums have you got so far? I kind of lost the count :D. If only The Redestructed would be so productive :p. Anyway, good work and keep it up.

Planning to check the album when it's released. I'll wait until then, i don't want to ruin the experience.

ad8
07-28-2010, 07:58 AM
Wow, really impressive guitar solo at the end of this last piece. You, sir, are improving greatly
Thanks! I really wanted to write a little more complex solo in that song since I thought my previous songs lacked them. I'm happy to hear that I actually made it. :)

Holy shit, how many albums have you got so far? I kind of lost the count :D. If only The Redestructed would be so productive :p. Anyway, good work and keep it up.

Planning to check the album when it's released. I'll wait until then, i don't want to ruin the experience.
The one coming on the first of August is the eigth album. Hmm... what I would love to do would be playing as many concerts and rehearsals as The Redestructed do, but concerning that you are far more productive with your band;) You keep up the good work, too! I'll gladly wait a little longer if the upcoming Redestructed songs are as awesome as the first EP!

Rooster
07-28-2010, 10:07 AM
The one coming on the first of August is the eigth album. Hmm... what I would love to do would be playing as many concerts and rehearsals as The Redestructed do, but concerning that you are far more productive with your band;) You keep up the good work, too! I'll gladly wait a little longer if the upcoming Redestructed songs are as awesome as the first EP!

Eh, we're not that productive to be honest, we haven't had a proper rehearsal (nor a gig) as a full band in quite a while. Though we did find replacing members (we're gonna be a 5 piece band from now on). And we don't have nearly as much songs as you do, though we do have some new material, which is in my opinion better than those 3 songs we released. Or at least more interesting.

I'm gonna download your album the day it comes out. Another release to be excited about this August (the second and much anticipated is the new Iron Maiden album, i'm looking forward to that one too :D).

ad8
08-01-2010, 04:30 AM
Alright, it is time for the new album and here it is:

Ricetigers - Liberty (2010)
(http://rapidshare.com/files/409034227/Ricetigers_-_Liberty__2010_.rar.html)

I really hope you enjoy this. I am glad with the way the songs turned out, even though there are -as always- some minor flaws that bug me. But I don't want to spoil anything here, so just have a listen and create your own opinion! Feedback is appreciated as always.
Enjoy! (or not;))

randman21
08-03-2010, 03:37 AM
Just started listening! First song = amazing. :)

More later!

Rooster
08-03-2010, 05:02 AM
Wow. This is actually pretty damn freaking great! And i agree with Randy, the first song is amazing, you've hit a home run with that one. I gotta yet listen to it through, but so far what i hear is all really, really good. Is it a concept album?

And with that song you've also encouraged me to keep working on an epic song i have in my mind for my band. I was kind of worried it might sound too different from the rest, but what the hell, i'll give it a try and make it fit (i've only started). Process of Change part 1 really sounds epic, but at the same time it fits really well with the rest of the album. Great guitar work also.

ad8
08-03-2010, 05:55 AM
Just started listening! First song = amazing. :)

More later!
Thanks! I'm looking forward to the later part:)

Wow. This is actually pretty damn freaking great! And i agree with Randy, the first song is amazing, you've hit a home run with that one. I gotta yet listen to it through, but so far what i hear is all really, really good. Is it a concept album?

And with that song you've also encouraged me to keep working on an epic song i have in my mind for my band. I was kind of worried it might sound too different from the rest, but what the hell, i'll give it a try and make it fit (i've only started). Process of Change part 1 really sounds epic, but at the same time it fits really well with the rest of the album. Great guitar work also.
Thank you:) It's great to know that your music works as an inspiration for other people that might on the other hand inspire you.
I don't really know if it is a concept album... the 3 Process of change-songs make it seem like that, but at first I only had Part 1 and then decided to do 2 other parts. I really tried to make Part 1 an adequate opener and I am happy that I achieved to do so.
Also, the entire album may seem like a concept album but I think I wouldn't be capable of creating an album from scratch.
The usual way is: I write songs for an album and at a certain point (when I know which kind of lyrics/topics are going to be emphasised on the album) I start looking for a title that describes the entity best.
So there is a certain concept, but I am too lazy to actually plan anything precisely:D

Rooster
08-03-2010, 03:17 PM
Perhaps you unconsciously wrote a concept album (or at least one with a loose concept) :D. Or perhaps it's just that the overall theme and feel of the album makes it seem so. I really like the album, it sounds diverse enough to keep the listener interested, but at the same time it doesn't seem like it was written by a man with no direction. You seem to have known what you were aiming at with the album.

Anyway, yeah, Process of Change part 1 sounds like something i'd want to write. I don't want to make an album full of epic songs, but i'd like to write at least one really epic song. So far i have the intro done, it was actually done a few months ago, when i thought the song would be instrumental only. But it has become more challenging, since i now want to write a full blown epic punk song that would still fit along Self-Destruction, Struggle and the rest of our songs, including new ones. This is gonna take a lot of work to accomplish. You've done it with this song, it's epic, the intro is perfect, and it fits indredibly well among the rest. So this is the way to go, good work :)

ad8
08-04-2010, 05:32 AM
Perhaps you unconsciously wrote a concept album (or at least one with a loose concept) :D. Or perhaps it's just that the overall theme and feel of the album makes it seem so. I really like the album, it sounds diverse enough to keep the listener interested, but at the same time it doesn't seem like it was written by a man with no direction. You seem to have known what you were aiming at with the album.

Anyway, yeah, Process of Change part 1 sounds like something i'd want to write. I don't want to make an album full of epic songs, but i'd like to write at least one really epic song. So far i have the intro done, it was actually done a few months ago, when i thought the song would be instrumental only. But it has become more challenging, since i now want to write a full blown epic punk song that would still fit along Self-Destruction, Struggle and the rest of our songs, including new ones. This is gonna take a lot of work to accomplish. You've done it with this song, it's epic, the intro is perfect, and it fits indredibly well among the rest. So this is the way to go, good work :)
Thanks! I'm sure you will accomplish your goal of an epic punk song since I know that you are able to do so (Examples: Self-Destruction, Semper Fi and probably Last Defeat :))

ad8
08-20-2010, 11:29 AM
Okay, time for another update.
After the eigth album I have written some new songs but also re-recorded some old ones. I planned a re-release of the Toy Of The System album this year in an acceptable quality and worked on this. Also, I have re-recorded some other songs and created a Best Of album that I am going to release on 08/23/2010. I have decided to re-record some songs and leave some songs in its original form. Anyway, the track listing contains 23 songs; 22 originals and one cover (The Answer - Static Martyr cover).

ad8
08-23-2010, 12:42 AM
Here is -as promised- the "Best Of" album:
(Click on the album cover to download)
http://www.offspring.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=187&pictureid=7720 (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=676D8GU0)
I hope you can enjoy this compilation and the re-recordings!

ps: I hope megaupload works this time because I previously tried uploading to rapidshare which didn't work.

ad8
08-28-2010, 02:35 PM
Ok, here's another update:
Judging by the current state of things, I am going to release another EP/album in 2010. It is going to be the last one in a while. Here's a little foretaste:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Ricetigers/131700876864333?ref=ts
The newest song on our facebook page is going to be on this EP/album thing and called "(My Last Few) Days Of Summer". It does not really stand for the typical Ricetigers punk rock; it rather stands for the typical diversity that the Ricetigers albums contain so I suggest you to have a listen and judge by yourselves!
I still hope you are able to enjoy the song ;)

Static_Martyr
08-28-2010, 06:54 PM
Ok, here's another update:
Judging by the current state of things, I am going to release another EP/album in 2010. It is going to be the last one in a while. Here's a little foretaste:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...6864333?ref=ts
The newest song on our facebook page is going to be on this EP/album thing and called "(My Last Few) Days Of Summer". It does not really stand for the typical Ricetigers punk rock; it rather stands for the typical diversity that the Ricetigers albums contain so I suggest you to have a listen and judge by yourselves!
I still hope you are able to enjoy the song

Ha! Awesome! I think this is one of my favorites that you've written. Certainly the last thing I expected to hear right now :D One of the reasons I always come back to check on this band is because you have this ability to adapt to new sounds without losing that "trademark sound." You're one of those lucky people whose voice seems to fit with pretty much anything.

Also, the sound quality is a lot better than I'm used to.

ad8
08-29-2010, 11:33 PM
Ha! Awesome! I think this is one of my favorites that you've written. Certainly the last thing I expected to hear right now :D One of the reasons I always come back to check on this band is because you have this ability to adapt to new sounds without losing that "trademark sound." You're one of those lucky people whose voice seems to fit with pretty much anything.

Also, the sound quality is a lot better than I'm used to.
:)
It's very good to know that my voice allows me to do all those different things. Also, I am very glad to hear that the sound quality is slowly getting better... I have experimented a bit with mixing and all that for the last EP.

update: I think I have finished recording the EP. Now I only need to get up and do the editing and.... release!

ad8
09-04-2010, 01:45 PM
So today I finished the recording of something I started last week.
It is a cover of Bad Religions "Walk Away".
Let me know what you think!
http://rapidshare.com/files/417098500/Walk_Away__Bad_Religion_cover_.mp3

Static_Martyr
09-06-2010, 09:57 AM
Ya know, I downloaded this like two days ago, but then I forgot to actually listen to it until just a few minutes ago. It's pretty good; nothing special as far as improv or alterations from the original (like I'm one to talk :o), but as far as song choices go it couldn't have been much better --- Walk Away is among the more underrated songs on Against The Grain, I think. My band (back when there were more than one of us~) always wanted to cover Modern Man or Anaesthesia (we did an acoustic cover of the latter, actually, but it was kinda "meh").

I like Walk Away for a couple of reasons; one, it has a weird time-signature shift from the verse to the chorus; second, being the last song on the album, it has kind of an epic feel.

But enough gushing. Point is, :D

ad8
09-10-2010, 05:10 AM
So today I re-mixed the old recording and added one little guitar part.
This is the new download link.

http://rapidshare.com/files/418227205/Walk_Away__Bad_Religion_cover_.mp3.html

Why I did this? Well, to all the Bad Religion fans here:
There is a Bad Religion tribute album in the making and there will be 7 covers on it by unsigned artists (That's people like us!). I submitted this new Walk Away version and hope to get featured there. If anyone is interested, here's the link:

http://www.badreligion.com/news/index/id/70/The_Bad_Religion_Syndrome/

Ya know, I downloaded this like two days ago, but then I forgot to actually listen to it until just a few minutes ago. It's pretty good; nothing special as far as improv or alterations from the original (like I'm one to talk :o), but as far as song choices go it couldn't have been much better --- Walk Away is among the more underrated songs on Against The Grain, I think. My band (back when there were more than one of us~) always wanted to cover Modern Man or Anaesthesia (we did an acoustic cover of the latter, actually, but it was kinda "meh").

I like Walk Away for a couple of reasons; one, it has a weird time-signature shift from the verse to the chorus; second, being the last song on the album, it has kind of an epic feel.

But enough gushing. Point is, :D
Thanks! Yeah, I know I was very uncreative about the cover but on the other hand I wanted to try how much I could sound like BR if I tried to.
And yes, the time-signature shift went unnoticed by me for a long time but when I realized it I thought that this was probably the thing that made this song so special to me. Walk Away is one of those classic BR songs that I would choose if I should show someone else what Bad Religion sounds like.

ad8
10-27-2010, 10:00 AM
Ok, there has definitely not been enough activity in here during the last month, even though I might use the mixtape appearance of Future Is Now as a small excuse. But I want to go on and bring some news. Today I have finished the final mixing work for the release I have been announcing earlier. I plan to release it on the Ricetigers' fourth birthday, which is the 8th of November 2010.

The album is called "Last Bits" and might indeed be the last album released under the name "Ricetigers", but I don't exactly know about how it is going to go on. Anyway, there are 11 tracks on the album:

✓ Back - 0:28
✓ Future Is Now - 4:14
✓ Freedom Of Speech - 2:50
✓ 100% DIY - 2:32
✓ Dissipate - 2:28
✓ Too Easy - 2:53
✓ Don't Even Know - 1:54
✓ (My Last Few) Days Of Summer - 2:12
✓ A Look Around - 2:11
✓ End Of The 21st Century - 3:34
✓ Machiavellian Work - 2:59

ad8
11-08-2010, 07:55 AM
Guess what day it is: Hell yes, Ricetigers' 4th birthday!
Therefore I want to celebrate this day with you by releasing our ninth album!
It is called "Last Bits" and is to be found here:
http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc348/Ricetigers/A-Cover.jpg (http://rapidshare.com/files/428271454/Ricetigers_-_Last_Bits__2010_.rar)

Enjoy!

Static_Martyr
11-08-2010, 02:08 PM
Hah, what an odd coincidence! We both released our latest albums on the same day :D

I'll be downloading this later....it says the server is too busy at the moment...

ad8
11-08-2010, 02:33 PM
Hah, what an odd coincidence! We both released our latest albums on the same day :D

I'll be downloading this later....it says the server is too busy at the moment...
Yeah, it's an active day for the Your Band section :D

Static_Martyr
11-09-2010, 03:59 AM
...I still can't download it...:(

ad8
11-09-2010, 04:46 AM
...I still can't download it...:(

Alright, since rapidshare acts like a whiny bitch I am now uploading the file to megaupload... I hope this will work better!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=I80P8LOC

Blitz!
11-09-2010, 12:19 PM
Alright, since rapidshare acts like a whiny bitch I am now uploading the file to megaupload... I hope this will work better!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=I80P8LOC

'The file you are trying to access is temporarily unavailable'
I'm not having much luck here

ad8
11-09-2010, 01:36 PM
Alright, since my favorite two filehosters seem to have turned into whiny bitches I'm now going to upload it on the one that worked yesterday for the Static Martyr album. If Sendspace is also not going to work for me then there's probably going to be a big anti-Ricetigers conspiracy going on on the internet ;)

Edit: All right, third and hopefully last upload:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/xptmbx

Static_Martyr
11-09-2010, 02:01 PM
Win! Downloading now.

Static_Martyr
05-09-2011, 07:17 PM
Alright, so after a rigorous two-week period of recording, re-recording, mixing down, test-listening, re-mixing down and re-test-listening, I am FINALLY done with my album. As a result of all the test-listening, I'm so sick of hearing those 9 songs that I can barely stand them right now, so I decided to pop in something different.

That was when I realized.....I haven't even unzipped the .rar of Last Bits! This is an atrocity. I have all the rest of the RT stuff saved in my MP3 folder (right between Rancid and Shoji Meguro), and yet somehow Last Bits got separated into my "Various Things" folder on my desktop. Needless to say I was able to promptly correct this error and am now test-listening to Last Bits :D

I'm typing this as I listen to Back. I like Back. (cue booty bitches joke and rimshot). One thing that's hard to get used to on your stuff after listening to mine for so long is, your drums are actually on fucking time :eek: Mine are a little sloppy because I tend to go so long without practice, then suddenly try to catch up all at once as soon as I start recording. I hate it but I'm usually too busy (and lazy) to go back and correct the mistakes. Hell, what I end up with as is usually takes me at least an hour or two (just for the drum track); a lot of times I'm either out of time or too tired to go back.

Anyway, I also realized that I never posted my formal overview of the last album before LB (I can't remember which one it was....I think it was At The Gates? Whichever one starts with the track "Intro"). I actually wrote up this long review and was gonna post it, but my internet was being retarded that day and I ended up just leaving that window queued up for like 5 days. Eventually I had to shut down my Firefox session so I saved it to a notepad file, put it somewhere and lost it. That was....yeesh, probably five months ago?

Okay, I just hit the track called "Dissipate" and I want to say that it's probably the most unique thing on here so far. The intro sounds like a horror movie soundtrack and the chorus has this neat little backing riff. I'm getting to the point in my musical interests where I've started liking the little flavor riffs here and there; going back and re-listening to some 90's stuff kind of made me realize how simple most mainstream music is nowadays. A lot of popular songs have this kind of pop-punk power-chords-only vibe. It makes me pleasantly surprised when I hear even the slightest bit of diversity in riffage. So you might say this song cranks my tractor because it's weird and diverse.

Alright, I gotta go to bed now. Laters :D

P.S. Are Ricetigers still making material? I remember hearing that you weren't making anything else under the Ricetigers name awhile back....did I hear that right?

EDIT: Oh dig this! "A Look Around" seriously reminds me of this Collective Soul song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqaRasEXvR0), at least near the beginning. I got some serious deja vu vibes from this :D

ad8
05-10-2011, 12:29 PM
Alright, so after a rigorous two-week period of recording, re-recording, mixing down, test-listening, re-mixing down and re-test-listening, I am FINALLY done with my album. As a result of all the test-listening, I'm so sick of hearing those 9 songs that I can barely stand them right now, so I decided to pop in something different.

That was when I realized.....I haven't even unzipped the .rar of Last Bits! This is an atrocity. I have all the rest of the RT stuff saved in my MP3 folder (right between Rancid and Shoji Meguro), and yet somehow Last Bits got separated into my "Various Things" folder on my desktop. Needless to say I was able to promptly correct this error and am now test-listening to Last Bits

I'm typing this as I listen to Back. I like Back. (cue booty bitches joke and rimshot). One thing that's hard to get used to on your stuff after listening to mine for so long is, your drums are actually on fucking time :eek: Mine are a little sloppy because I tend to go so long without practice, then suddenly try to catch up all at once as soon as I start recording. I hate it but I'm usually too busy (and lazy) to go back and correct the mistakes. Hell, what I end up with as is usually takes me at least an hour or two (just for the drum track); a lot of times I'm either out of time or too tired to go back.

Anyway, I also realized that I never posted my formal overview of the last album before LB (I can't remember which one it was....I think it was At The Gates? Whichever one starts with the track "Intro"). I actually wrote up this long review and was gonna post it, but my internet was being retarded that day and I ended up just leaving that window queued up for like 5 days. Eventually I had to shut down my Firefox session so I saved it to a notepad file, put it somewhere and lost it. That was....yeesh, probably five months ago?

Okay, I just hit the track called "Dissipate" and I want to say that it's probably the most unique thing on here so far. The intro sounds like a horror movie soundtrack and the chorus has this neat little backing riff. I'm getting to the point in my musical interests where I've started liking the little flavor riffs here and there; going back and re-listening to some 90's stuff kind of made me realize how simple most mainstream music is nowadays. A lot of popular songs have this kind of pop-punk power-chords-only vibe. It makes me pleasantly surprised when I hear even the slightest bit of diversity in riffage. So you might say this song cranks my tractor because it's weird and diverse.

Alright, I gotta go to bed now. Laters

P.S. Are Ricetigers still making material? I remember hearing that you weren't making anything else under the Ricetigers name awhile back....did I hear that right?

EDIT: Oh dig this! "A Look Around" seriously reminds me of this Collective Soul song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqaRasEXvR0), at least near the beginning. I got some serious deja vu vibes from this :D
Haha, thanks! To answer your last question first: Yes, I am still (although really slowly) progressing... currently in the process of recording the tenth album. I need some more songs, though... but I have been writing new lyrics every now and then. The mixtape submission is off the new album.

Also, I tried to be more diverse on Last Bits... I am pleased to see that it worked out :)
By the way: I hope that At The Gates was not the last album since Last Bits that you heard because I have been making good progress since then. Let me get you updated on the recent releases: At The Gates - The Redemption - Liberty - Last Bits (Liberty being my overall favorite).
I would highly suggest you to check them out!
PS: I would also look forward to a long review of ATG!

Static_Martyr
05-10-2011, 05:54 PM
Haha, thanks! To answer your last question first: Yes, I am still (although really slowly) progressing... currently in the process of recording the tenth album. I need some more songs, though... but I have been writing new lyrics every now and then. The mixtape submission is off the new album.

Sweet! The Your Band section has been all but dead lately, save for the BBS Mixtape and a new AoM thread every now and then. Most of the people who used to post in their band threads regularly seem to have disappeared completely....it's nice to see at least one of the vets still hanging around :) But also, I consider you a "rival" of sorts --- our styles may have diverged somewhat as the years go by, but I'll always consider myself to have sort of Offspring-ish punk roots, so I think we still write from the same place. So I always try to follow your stuff and sometimes I even incorporate aspects of it into my own~ So you might say I consider you sort of my, um, what --- my German counterpart? Or maybe just my punk counterpart, since I've moved on to a sort of more pop-folk genre since then? Either way, it's a fun, inspirational sort of rivalry :D

I also think we're on the same page in a lot of ways; as I was listening to Freedom of Speech last night, I was skimming the lyrics pamphlet and I realized that the concept was very similar to a song I had started WAAY back in 2007 but never finished, called "Contemporary Visionary" --- the idea was that every single person has a unique perspective, but each person considers theirs completely unique and refuses to compromise, so we end up with a bunch of overspecialized, egotistical ideologues who won't listen to each other. I got the idea from watching this pastor on the internet who said that we can tell what the "objective moral truth" is by "following the law written on our heart" (which basically means, "do what feels right"). I thought, "if everybody did that, then we'd all have some completely unique idea of what's right and wrong that we'd be completely unwilling to compromise."

But yeah, I saw your lyrics and was like, "holy shit! There's no way this could have been influenced by what I wrote because I never published it." Kind of interesting, the parallels :D

(BTW, I went back recently and tried to find the word file that had the lyrics to Contemporary Visionary so I could try and re-write it --- I really liked the lyrics --- but I couldn't find it....the reason I originally scrapped it was because I wrote it before I bought Bad Religion's Recipe For Hate, and as it turns out, I had used almost the exact same intro riff to the title song off of that album. I didn't want to use it because I figured people would say I copped the Bad Religion riff and I didn't want to come across as a copycat so early in the timeline!)

By the way: I hope that At The Gates was not the last album since Last Bits that you heard because I have been making good progress since then. Let me get you updated on the recent releases: At The Gates - The Redemption - Liberty - Last Bits (Liberty being my overall favorite).

Yeah, I totally missed "The Redemption" and "Liberty" :o I don't know how that happened. Did you post them here? I thought I was following so closely....am I missing anything else? I have:

Great Moments of Modern Society (2009)
8 (2008)
8 (Re-recording) (2010)
At The Gates (2010)
Last Bits (2010)
Problems of Perspective (2009)
The Other Way (2009)
Toy of the System (2009)

PS: I would also look forward to a long review of ATG!

Yeah, I'll definitely have to dig that out. Worst case scenario I'll just have to re-write it from scratch, but I'd really like to read it through again because I haven't listened to ATG in awhile, so I don't have a really clear memory of it....it'd be cool to read it and be like, "Yeah, I remember now!" lol.

ad8
05-11-2011, 04:45 AM
Sweet! The Your Band section has been all but dead lately, save for the BBS Mixtape and a new AoM thread every now and then. Most of the people who used to post in their band threads regularly seem to have disappeared completely....it's nice to see at least one of the vets still hanging around :) But also, I consider you a "rival" of sorts --- our styles may have diverged somewhat as the years go by, but I'll always consider myself to have sort of Offspring-ish punk roots, so I think we still write from the same place. So I always try to follow your stuff and sometimes I even incorporate aspects of it into my own~ So you might say I consider you sort of my, um, what --- my German counterpart? Or maybe just my punk counterpart, since I've moved on to a sort of more pop-folk genre since then? Either way, it's a fun, inspirational sort of rivalry :D
I would not consider it as rivalry. I rather like to think of it as an influence/inspiration from another part of the world. I feel honored by the "german counterpart" thing because I always admired your songwriting and guitar-playing skills... but as much as I listen to your music and let it inspire me I also try to do the same thing for other artists by developing my music further and further so that my musical styles also diverge while keeping my musical roots in there at the same time.

I also think we're on the same page in a lot of ways; as I was listening to Freedom of Speech last night, I was skimming the lyrics pamphlet and I realized that the concept was very similar to a song I had started WAAY back in 2007 but never finished, called "Contemporary Visionary" --- the idea was that every single person has a unique perspective, but each person considers theirs completely unique and refuses to compromise, so we end up with a bunch of overspecialized, egotistical ideologues who won't listen to each other. I got the idea from watching this pastor on the internet who said that we can tell what the "objective moral truth" is by "following the law written on our heart" (which basically means, "do what feels right"). I thought, "if everybody did that, then we'd all have some completely unique idea of what's right and wrong that we'd be completely unwilling to compromise."

But yeah, I saw your lyrics and was like, "holy shit! There's no way this could have been influenced by what I wrote because I never published it." Kind of interesting, the parallels
Haha, that is amazing! After the initial suprise it seems kind of like a logical thing to occur, though. I mean, we share many lyrical influences and think similarly. So with the about 100 songs that each of us have written, there might be one or two overlapping lyrical topics.
When I heard some of your songs, I thought something like "wow, that is exactly what I was thinking... I wish I would have written a song like that" a couple of times.

(BTW, I went back recently and tried to find the word file that had the lyrics to Contemporary Visionary so I could try and re-write it --- I really liked the lyrics --- but I couldn't find it....the reason I originally scrapped it was because I wrote it before I bought Bad Religion's Recipe For Hate, and as it turns out, I had used almost the exact same intro riff to the title song off of that album. I didn't want to use it because I figured people would say I copped the Bad Religion riff and I didn't want to come across as a copycat so early in the timeline!)

Yeah, I totally missed "The Redemption" and "Liberty" :o I don't know how that happened. Did you post them here? I thought I was following so closely....am I missing anything else? I have:

Yeah, I'll definitely have to dig that out. Worst case scenario I'll just have to re-write it from scratch, but I'd really like to read it through again because I haven't listened to ATG in awhile, so I don't have a really clear memory of it....it'd be cool to read it and be like, "Yeah, I remember now!" lol.
Ok, that is cool... so you'll be able to listen to two new Ricetigers albums soon! The timeline was like this:

8 (2008)
Toy of the System (2009)
Great Moments of Modern Society (2009)
Problems of Perspective (2009)
The Other Way (2009)
At The Gates (2010)
The Redemption (2010)
8 (Re-recording) (2010)
Liberty (2010)
Best Of (2010)
Last Bits (2010)
Transcranial Intricacies (working title) (release fall 2011?)

So as you see the new album is probably going to be called Transcranial Intricacies and is going to contain the BBS Mixtape submission and some more.
I also had a re-recording of Toy Of The System planned... I must see which parts I have to redo for that because I was quite far in the recording process.

So here are the albums The Redemption (album nr. 7) (http://rapidshare.com/files/379655735/Ricetigers_-_The_Redemption__2010__rippeT_and_uploadeT_by_ad8. rar) and Liberty (nr. 8) (http://rapidshare.com/files/409034227/Ricetigers_-_Liberty__2010_.rar)
Enjoy (or dont) ;)

Static_Martyr
05-11-2011, 03:04 PM
I would not consider it as rivalry. I rather like to think of it as an influence/inspiration from another part of the world. I feel honored by the "german counterpart" thing because I always admired your songwriting and guitar-playing skills... but as much as I listen to your music and let it inspire me I also try to do the same thing for other artists by developing my music further and further so that my musical styles also diverge while keeping my musical roots in there at the same time.

Well, yeah --- oh, wow....I hope I didn't make it sound like I was just following you around and copying you or something :o I do always try to strike new ground, although sometimes I get nervous where I end up --- this last album was pretty piano-driven and kinda poppy, with mostly mid- and slow-tempo songs (almost no fast ones, just a couple of fast parts to slower songs). I was curious how it would be received around where I live because my stuff is a little more "amateur" compared to the professional stuff people around here usually listen to....I was afraid people might complain about the quality and the overall imperfection (a lot of people seem to have noticed, in the past at least, how my drums are sometimes kind of off).

Anyways, I think my biggest "compass" that I use to tell me where I should go next is my guitar-playing --- every time I learn a new trick or technique, I tend to want to abuse it until you can tell I'm repeating myself, so at that point I try to write a song where I don't use any techniques I've already used recently, and a lot of times I come up with either something completely new, or a mix of a bunch of older techniques that somehow sounds new. Then and only then can I be satisfied that I am not just dwiddling around in circles :D

I'm only passably good at my other instruments, anyway (piano, bass, drums, etc.). So while I try to dress up the other parts a little, the rhythm section usually gets the biggest overhaul.

So here are the albums The Redemption (album nr. 7) and Liberty (nr. 8)
Enjoy (or dont)

Yay! :D

Static_Martyr
07-07-2011, 07:18 PM
Okay goddamnit, here's the deal: I just put Last Bits, 8 (the re-recording) and At The Gates on my PSP for leisure-time listening. I've been meaning to sit down and listen to these, but I never really have a chance to do so --- when I'm driving I can't really hear that well (I drive with the windows down cuz my AC is broke), so it doesn't do much good to listen to songs if I don't have a rough idea of how they go already....and when I'm at home I'm usually just playing whatever in the background while I work on stuff (or I record, which means no music playing at all). But while I'm level-grinding on boring JRPGs, or being a manic insomniac and not sleeping, I almost always have my PSP on hand for easy listening. So I AM GOING TO FUCKING LISTEN TO ALL OF THESE ALBUMS, and then I'm going to give them the fair write-up that they deserve.

And you're gonna LIKE it, goddamnit! :cool:

Seriously, though, it's been too long. I have good memories of level grinding on Digital Devil Saga to the Ricetigers....you have no idea how many hours of shitty, repetitive jam-metal soundtrack you have saved me in the past. Here's to many more such hours in the future! *raises mug*

EDIT: What I mean to say is, you are one of those rare acts that has somehow managed to secure a place in the nostalgia of my burgeoning musical interest, back in the day. Congrats!

Also I have a fun story to tell about a certain song. But that can wait.

ad8
07-08-2011, 03:21 AM
Okay goddamnit, here's the deal: I just put Last Bits, 8 (the re-recording) and At The Gates on my PSP for leisure-time listening. I've been meaning to sit down and listen to these, but I never really have a chance to do so --- when I'm driving I can't really hear that well (I drive with the windows down cuz my AC is broke), so it doesn't do much good to listen to songs if I don't have a rough idea of how they go already....and when I'm at home I'm usually just playing whatever in the background while I work on stuff (or I record, which means no music playing at all). But while I'm level-grinding on boring JRPGs, or being a manic insomniac and not sleeping, I almost always have my PSP on hand for easy listening. So I AM GOING TO FUCKING LISTEN TO ALL OF THESE ALBUMS, and then I'm going to give them the fair write-up that they deserve.

And you're gonna LIKE it, goddamnit! :cool:

Seriously, though, it's been too long. I have good memories of level grinding on Digital Devil Saga to the Ricetigers....you have no idea how many hours of shitty, repetitive jam-metal soundtrack you have saved me in the past. Here's to many more such hours in the future! *raises mug*

EDIT: What I mean to say is, you are one of those rare acts that has somehow managed to secure a place in the nostalgia of my burgeoning musical interest, back in the day. Congrats!

Also I have a fun story to tell about a certain song. But that can wait.

Haha, thanks! That is great news to hear... especially now that not much is happening in here on my part. I did keep writing songs, though. I hope I can get to record them soon... but the first "single" off the new album will hopefully be out in a few days (submitted for the mixtape).

Static_Martyr
07-10-2011, 04:51 PM
Alright, I have some time to kill so here goes: I've listened through 8 (the re-recording) again, and so I'm kind of on a nostalgia kick, so let me write this down while I'm thinking about it. Also keep in mind I'm a *little* bit high right now (took mah back pain meds about an hour ago), so if it seems like I'm getting too into this (or start trailing off on tangents), that's probably why :o

First and foremost, I want to say (again) that this album is, for me, strongly associated with Digital Devil Saga for PS2, because I was listening to this on my MP3 player while playing it (that game's soundtrack is alright, but it's very grating and when you play it for long periods of time it gets old really fast). As such, it feels more like a video game or movie soundtrack than just an album. So maybe that's why it's still my favorite thing you've done so far (that I've heard); it may also help that it's the only one I'm really seriously familiar with (I know a lot of other stuff, but not always by name).

First thing's first....comparison to the original recordings: there's no doubt that the revised recordings are significantly better quality, although the revised edition seems to have quieter vocals that are sunk farther into the mix, which makes them slightly more difficult to hear, but they also fit into the mix better than the original --- the original vocals were almost *too* present. Not enough to ruin anything, but it was definitely noticeable. The revised version ultimately ends up sounding more professional. Although there is one thing I miss from the original --- the vocals were a little more timid and restrained on the original. Not better or worse, per se, but that's how I got to know this album....so I guess I'll be forever torn between the original and the remake (like I am with many of my own songs....).

All I Can Say
I just want to let you know off the bat, this is my favorite song off here. I dunno why, I guess it's just the most nostalgic one. It's the first RT song I ever heard. There have been two or three or times when I came *so close* to recording a cover of this song (twice now I've put out EPs with "surprise secret covers" that were originally supposed to be this but ended up being something else).

Listening to Pop
Listening to this again, I think I realize another reason why I like this album --- it has a lot more (comparatively) slower-paced songs. I like those because it's easier to find a bunch of slow songs that sound different than it is to find fast ones; for awhile now I've been kind of drifting in and out of my "punk" phase and into some kind of weird in-between "pop-folk-punk" state. As a result I've been listening to a lot more Weezer, Collective Soul, Green Day, Alkaline Trio, Bottle Rockets, Jimmy Buffet, etc. But I digress....I like that this song has a slower overall tempo, but still has a busy, driving drum beat --- that's what I liked about NOFX when I first got into them, was their drums were so insanely fast. My favorite thing about this song is that it captures that fast-paced intensity with the bass drum pedal, without being 22305978235 bpm. Makes you want to like, headbang and shit. Great stuff.

No One Has Heard
A slightly faster kind of 8-beat tempo, rapid chord changes....a little more pop-punky, this kind of drumming always reminds me of Green Day (even though the chord progression here is a lot more "punky" and kind of random). Nice and frantic. This song lead me to coin the idea of someone having a "reverse messiah complex."

I Would
Beginning kind of reminds me of early, early Offspring (S/T era). Kind of a Phyrgian(sp?) vibe. Lyrics and vocal cadence makes me think of a Dead Kennedys motif, maybe something like California Uber Alles? Very short, in any case. Nice use of punctuating octave riffs, also, nice little solo in the middle! I always forget that's there and am pleasantly surprised when I rediscover it.

Confessions of the Music Industry
Okay, when I first heard your singing, I imagined this like 9-foot tall Titanic Giant Person. So when I heard this song, and I didn't know for sure if it was serious right away, it made me laugh really hard. I mean, it's a good song, I didn't laugh cuz it was bad, but it was funny because I thought of this like HULKING dude with a little guitar singing this nice happy little song about a lady. Kind of like the Ramones singing "Loudmouth" followed by "I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend."

Call me an ass, but I like this song even if it is sarcastic; then again, I'm the guy who covered Rick Astley, so that may or may not mean anything coming from me. Is it sarcastic? From the title I assumed it was.

Blind
Irrelevant but interesting: my favorite southern rock band, The Bottle Rockets of Festous, Missouri, also have a song called "Blind." It sounds nothing like this, though.

I like dynamic songs like this one. Steady cymbals keep the rhythm so you can kind of do your little dance in your seat while you're playing or typing or whatever, but then you have those little start-and-stop fills to keep you on your guard and set you up for the "comeback head bop." Also like the weird little guitar riffs here and there, kind of dancing in and out of the chord progression. Then there's this loud-ass closing chord at the end, kind of like that guy from the food network who goes "BAM!"

Say What You Mean
Another dynamic song. W00t! Neat chord progression, though, I like the back-and-forth two-chord major-minor thing in the slow parts. Also like the slow-fast thing. Like with Break Down, every time the fast part winds down, I think it's the end, but then the slow part just kinda kicks in. The melody (and just the timbre of your vocals) on the slow parts makes me think of something off of Midnight Oil's Red Sails In The Sunset (Harrisburg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTdcwb3Bch8) or Jimmy Sharman's Boxers (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxCL_kT1G1s), maybe?). I dunno. Don't ask me why I draw that comparison, it's not the melody itself but rather the feel of it. I like. That's gonna bug me though, cuz I can't remember which song that reminds me of.

Anyway, good song. Song that's basically bashing fake ass dudes can't go wrong :D

Welcome (To My New Reality)
This is my other favorite one off here, just because the intro rhythm makes me think of it as a sort of bookend to All I Can Say; reminds me of how the first and last tracks of the 1039/Smoothed-Out Slappy Hours comp use the same little riff at certain points. If you listen to the whole album in one run, this one just sounds pretty fucking heavy. It's got this stomp-along riff for the...the what, the verse-bridge-thing after the verse? And then there's this part in the middle that takes the stomp-alongness up to 11. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/UpToEleven) I imagine this song being played at a protest show of some kind, in the middle of summer, on a cheapie handmade stage of some kind.

All in all, a solid album. I don't really want to give it an x/10 rating (if I give it a 10, which I want to, it'll seem like I'm just being generous, but if I give it a 9 or 8 just so I won't look like I'm being generous, then I'll feel like I'm not being honest, but I can't give it anything less. I just really like this thing. The fact that it's home made just gives it extra novelty points and makes me like it even more. It's like a little envelope with someone's ideas from halfway across the world that I would never have heard if not for the internet. Fuck yeah internet!

That's all for now, I'm gonna go ahead and post this because it's thundering outside and THIS IS THE THIRD GODDAMN TIME I'VE TRIED TO WRITE A REVIEW OF THIS ALBUM AND HAD IT EITHER BLOW UP OR GET ERASED/LOST. Not gonna happen this time. I've been C+Ping to notepad this whole time, just in case.

ad8
07-12-2011, 02:25 AM
Alright, I have some time to kill so here goes: I've listened through 8 (the re-recording) again, and so I'm kind of on a nostalgia kick, so let me write this down while I'm thinking about it. Also keep in mind I'm a *little* bit high right now (took mah back pain meds about an hour ago), so if it seems like I'm getting too into this (or start trailing off on tangents), that's probably why :o

First and foremost, I want to say (again) that this album is, for me, strongly associated with Digital Devil Saga for PS2, because I was listening to this on my MP3 player while playing it (that game's soundtrack is alright, but it's very grating and when you play it for long periods of time it gets old really fast). As such, it feels more like a video game or movie soundtrack than just an album. So maybe that's why it's still my favorite thing you've done so far (that I've heard); it may also help that it's the only one I'm really seriously familiar with (I know a lot of other stuff, but not always by name).

First thing's first....comparison to the original recordings: there's no doubt that the revised recordings are significantly better quality, although the revised edition seems to have quieter vocals that are sunk farther into the mix, which makes them slightly more difficult to hear, but they also fit into the mix better than the original --- the original vocals were almost *too* present. Not enough to ruin anything, but it was definitely noticeable. The revised version ultimately ends up sounding more professional. Although there is one thing I miss from the original --- the vocals were a little more timid and restrained on the original. Not better or worse, per se, but that's how I got to know this album....so I guess I'll be forever torn between the original and the remake (like I am with many of my own songs....).

All I Can Say
I just want to let you know off the bat, this is my favorite song off here. I dunno why, I guess it's just the most nostalgic one. It's the first RT song I ever heard. There have been two or three or times when I came *so close* to recording a cover of this song (twice now I've put out EPs with "surprise secret covers" that were originally supposed to be this but ended up being something else).

Listening to Pop
Listening to this again, I think I realize another reason why I like this album --- it has a lot more (comparatively) slower-paced songs. I like those because it's easier to find a bunch of slow songs that sound different than it is to find fast ones; for awhile now I've been kind of drifting in and out of my "punk" phase and into some kind of weird in-between "pop-folk-punk" state. As a result I've been listening to a lot more Weezer, Collective Soul, Green Day, Alkaline Trio, Bottle Rockets, Jimmy Buffet, etc. But I digress....I like that this song has a slower overall tempo, but still has a busy, driving drum beat --- that's what I liked about NOFX when I first got into them, was their drums were so insanely fast. My favorite thing about this song is that it captures that fast-paced intensity with the bass drum pedal, without being 22305978235 bpm. Makes you want to like, headbang and shit. Great stuff.

No One Has Heard
A slightly faster kind of 8-beat tempo, rapid chord changes....a little more pop-punky, this kind of drumming always reminds me of Green Day (even though the chord progression here is a lot more "punky" and kind of random). Nice and frantic. This song lead me to coin the idea of someone having a "reverse messiah complex."

I Would
Beginning kind of reminds me of early, early Offspring (S/T era). Kind of a Phyrgian(sp?) vibe. Lyrics and vocal cadence makes me think of a Dead Kennedys motif, maybe something like California Uber Alles? Very short, in any case. Nice use of punctuating octave riffs, also, nice little solo in the middle! I always forget that's there and am pleasantly surprised when I rediscover it.

Confessions of the Music Industry
Okay, when I first heard your singing, I imagined this like 9-foot tall Titanic Giant Person. So when I heard this song, and I didn't know for sure if it was serious right away, it made me laugh really hard. I mean, it's a good song, I didn't laugh cuz it was bad, but it was funny because I thought of this like HULKING dude with a little guitar singing this nice happy little song about a lady. Kind of like the Ramones singing "Loudmouth" followed by "I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend."

Call me an ass, but I like this song even if it is sarcastic; then again, I'm the guy who covered Rick Astley, so that may or may not mean anything coming from me. Is it sarcastic? From the title I assumed it was.

Blind
Irrelevant but interesting: my favorite southern rock band, The Bottle Rockets of Festous, Missouri, also have a song called "Blind." It sounds nothing like this, though.

I like dynamic songs like this one. Steady cymbals keep the rhythm so you can kind of do your little dance in your seat while you're playing or typing or whatever, but then you have those little start-and-stop fills to keep you on your guard and set you up for the "comeback head bop." Also like the weird little guitar riffs here and there, kind of dancing in and out of the chord progression. Then there's this loud-ass closing chord at the end, kind of like that guy from the food network who goes "BAM!"

Say What You Mean
Another dynamic song. W00t! Neat chord progression, though, I like the back-and-forth two-chord major-minor thing in the slow parts. Also like the slow-fast thing. Like with Break Down, every time the fast part winds down, I think it's the end, but then the slow part just kinda kicks in. The melody (and just the timbre of your vocals) on the slow parts makes me think of something off of Midnight Oil's Red Sails In The Sunset (Harrisburg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTdcwb3Bch8) or Jimmy Sharman's Boxers (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxCL_kT1G1s), maybe?). I dunno. Don't ask me why I draw that comparison, it's not the melody itself but rather the feel of it. I like. That's gonna bug me though, cuz I can't remember which song that reminds me of.

Anyway, good song. Song that's basically bashing fake ass dudes can't go wrong :D

Welcome (To My New Reality)
This is my other favorite one off here, just because the intro rhythm makes me think of it as a sort of bookend to All I Can Say; reminds me of how the first and last tracks of the 1039/Smoothed-Out Slappy Hours comp use the same little riff at certain points. If you listen to the whole album in one run, this one just sounds pretty fucking heavy. It's got this stomp-along riff for the...the what, the verse-bridge-thing after the verse? And then there's this part in the middle that takes the stomp-alongness up to 11. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/UpToEleven) I imagine this song being played at a protest show of some kind, in the middle of summer, on a cheapie handmade stage of some kind.

All in all, a solid album. I don't really want to give it an x/10 rating (if I give it a 10, which I want to, it'll seem like I'm just being generous, but if I give it a 9 or 8 just so I won't look like I'm being generous, then I'll feel like I'm not being honest, but I can't give it anything less. I just really like this thing. The fact that it's home made just gives it extra novelty points and makes me like it even more. It's like a little envelope with someone's ideas from halfway across the world that I would never have heard if not for the internet. Fuck yeah internet!

That's all for now, I'm gonna go ahead and post this because it's thundering outside and THIS IS THE THIRD GODDAMN TIME I'VE TRIED TO WRITE A REVIEW OF THIS ALBUM AND HAD IT EITHER BLOW UP OR GET ERASED/LOST. Not gonna happen this time. I've been C+Ping to notepad this whole time, just in case.

Wow, thanks for the big review! I definitely agree with you that this album is one of the slower and more diverse ones and I can see how my songwriting evolved from the more straight-up rock influenced songs to the melodic hardcore type of songs on the later albums. I didn't really like this album so much for a long time but that was for a number of reasons. I liked some of the songs (like All I Can Say or Listening To Pop) too much to leave them in the crappy quality of the original record so I recorded the reissue and I am quite happy with it. Listening To Pop definitely got a lot better with the second little solo and the vocal harmonies and Say What You Mean also seems a lot nicer to me. The rest of the songs also got a lot better sound quality-wise. It is not my favorite album, but once in a while I enjoy the diversity from the usual fast-paced punk sound.
And yeah, Confessions is a very sarcastic song. I made very subtle background vocals before the second chorus which resolve the confusion of what I am singing about (Come to me / beautiful and shining money) ;)
Thanks again for the detailed feedback!

ad8
10-25-2011, 10:27 AM
So after about a year of complete idleness, I could finally bring myself to work on new songs for the upcoming release (not sure whether ep or lp yet). So far, I have about 5 songs that are more or less done. A more audible update may follow on 11/08 (hardcore Rt-listeners will know what this date is about :P)

ad8
11-08-2011, 07:00 AM
So as announced, here's the 5th birthday update! You can find the song "Red Lines" from our upcoming album on our myspace page. I worked on some more songs a couple of days ago, too. I don't know if I'll get the album done by Christmas, but the album is taking shape and should be out soon!

You can find the new song here:

personal_loans_1
11-08-2011, 12:10 PM
Your voice reminds me slightly of Sisters of Mercy. It's as deep, as characteristic, though different, but still I need a lyrics, but that's cool. I'm just checking out your myspace, Indigence is a discover of the day.

ad8
11-10-2011, 08:15 AM
Your voice reminds me slightly of Sisters of Mercy. It's as deep, as characteristic, though different, but still I need a lyrics, but that's cool. I'm just checking out your myspace, Indigence is a discover of the day.
Wow, a new listener ;) :) I'm glad that you liked Indigence, that one is a rather special one.

personal_loans_1
11-10-2011, 01:37 PM
Wow, a new listener ;) :)
Woohooo! :D

I'm glad that you liked Indigence, that one is a rather special one.
Guitar is splendidly paranoid. I also like the Night, FYWAPB, and 2 songs I recognize from mixtapes. That's for now. Your voice sounds pretty well on those.
Techno scared my cats. :D

ad8
12-21-2011, 04:24 AM
So after listening to some Lagwagon reissues and noticing that they had around 26 songs on most of these albums, I started feeling bad that I didn't even release an album with half as many songs. So I finished editing the songs for the next album and now there will be a new release on the 23rd of December, kind of an early christmas present ;)
The album will contain eleven (I know, pathetic :o ) songs.
http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc348/Ricetigers/00-Cover.jpg
Cooler than christmas, right?!?

ad8
12-23-2011, 06:17 AM
Disclaimer: If you do not want to have heard the Ricetigers BBS Mixtape 7 submission before listening to the mixtape, then you should not download this album (or skip track 8). If you do not give a fuck, then...

http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc348/Ricetigers/00-Cover.jpg (https://rapidshare.com/files/2196948552/RT_TI_2011_dvdriphd.rar)

...enjoy!

Static_Martyr
12-23-2011, 01:03 PM
Will download soon, then decide if I want to listen to it. I kinda want to wait for the mixtape but I don't care *that* much....I'll leave it up to whim to decide~

Either way, I love the cover art. Looks like a cell mapping (which I'm sure is intentional) :D

ad8
12-24-2011, 08:45 AM
Will download soon, then decide if I want to listen to it. I kinda want to wait for the mixtape but I don't care *that* much....I'll leave it up to whim to decide~

Either way, I love the cover art. Looks like a cell mapping (which I'm sure is intentional) :D
Yep, I drew it sometime this year during a not so mentally demanding biopsychology lecture ;)

personal_loans_1
12-24-2011, 09:11 AM
Looks like a cell mapping (which I'm sure is intentional) :D
I'm not sure what else could it be. Love it as well. And I make the same 'l'.

ad8
01-01-2013, 06:22 AM
Merry belated 2011 Christmas! I haven't updated this in way too long... but I have been working on some new stuff.
(although it is 2013 now) here is the only 2012 release for the Ricetigers! I actually wanted to get this to full album length, but didn't finish on time. So this is an EP, which I might eventually expand to album length. Whatever, to all those personal_loans Ricetigers fans: Enjoy!

The Purchase Of Happiness EP (2012) (http://www.sendspace.com/file/t7meu0)

ad8
02-14-2013, 08:31 AM
So here's the extended EP (read: album) that probably no one listened to yet:

The Purchase Of Happiness download (http://www.sendspace.com/file/d55oge)
( For those who don't want to download:
https://soundcloud.com/ricetigers/sets/the-purchase-of-happiness-full )

Enjoy!