PDA

View Full Version : NFL Thread (II)

Pages : [1] 2

Sidewinder
11-02-2008, 02:10 PM
Few starter topics:

1) NFC South is a legit division this year.

2) On that note, Giants or Panthers? Both are rolling.

3) Who's going to come out on top in the AFC? Lots of teams with lower records than they should have.

Cock Joke
11-02-2008, 02:43 PM
Ravens rule!!!

jacknife737
11-02-2008, 03:11 PM
I'd just like to mention that my Titans are still undefeated, that is all.

TRoffspring
11-02-2008, 03:57 PM
Panthers fan here...
doin' pretty well so far this season;)

randman21
11-02-2008, 04:04 PM
Few starter topics:

1) NFC South is a legit division this year.

2) On that note, Giants or Panthers? Both are rolling.

3) Who's going to come out on top in the AFC? Lots of teams with lower records than they should have.

1) For once in my mother fucking life. Heh.

2) I live in Carolina, but I'm not a great Panthers fan. I've always rooted for Eli Manning, and I was impressed with the G-Men last year.

3) I'm hoping for Buffalo, and I like their chances. This could be the year for them...to lose their fifth Super Bowl.

arak0r
11-02-2008, 04:51 PM
3) I'm hoping for Buffalo, and I like their chances. This could be the year for them...to lose their fifth Super Bowl.
they just lost to miami and nyj in their first divisional games this year. i thought they were legit after beating jacksonville but apparently theyre fucking shit too

JohnnyNemesis
11-02-2008, 05:30 PM
A W over the Bills is nice, but I'm still absolutely disgusted over that loss to the Raiders.

Apathy
11-02-2008, 09:34 PM
Especially because they're the same group that can't score three fucking points against the falcons.

SaiKYoU
11-03-2008, 02:06 PM
1) Jeff Fucking Garcia!!

2) Giants are championship contenders, Panthers aint...

3) Titans, Jets, Steelers, Chargers for AFC divisions...

Llamas
11-03-2008, 06:26 PM
To the third question, I like the Steelers. Jets are doing well, too.

I'm loving the Giants. With my Packers and Broncos playing so average, it's nice to have a team I can actually stand playing so well. :)

I'm stoked to see Dallas and NE playing so lame this year.

By the way, I hate the Titans.

barangatang
11-03-2008, 06:46 PM
I feel like my life will be bettered in some way if the lions go 0-16.

Llamas
11-03-2008, 07:03 PM

Jesus... what is wrong with me. I swear to god, I read "I feel like my wife will be battered in some way if the lions go 0-16".

randman21
11-03-2008, 07:16 PM
Jesus... what is wrong with me. I swear to god, I read "I feel like my wife will be battered in some way if the lions go 0-16".
Haha, so did I.

And so would I. Even though I was so pushing for Miami to win one last year, and Detroit used to be my favorite team when Barry Sanders was playing.

come out swinging
11-04-2008, 05:19 PM
I hate the Pats even tho im from new england area. It was great to see the Colts beat the Pats Sunday. Im a Colts fan even tho they are not having a good season.

Sidewinder
11-04-2008, 11:45 PM
Especially because they're the same group that can't score three fucking points against the falcons.

Atlanta is 16th overall in defense. Obviously not STELLAR, but we're not a pushover team anymore.

I'd make an "Abraham '08!" joke here but I'm a few hours too late. Still fucking love those 10.5 sacks, regardless.

Edit: Atlanta is actually 10th in points allowed per game, so FU.

SaiKYoU
11-05-2008, 02:05 PM
this titans = superbowl winenrs ravens

fuck i hope they dont end up the same...

EMehl6
12-08-2008, 06:07 PM
The Steelers are kicking ass and taking names. They're defense is one of the best in history, no doubt, and they have the makings of a Super Bowl winning team. I smell title number 6...

Llamas
12-08-2008, 06:13 PM
I'm <3ing the Steelers right now, as well as the Jets. I also am <3ing the Bucs. I love how well the Broncos are doing, but they're so inconsistent that I don't see them getting too far. I'd be down with a Pittsburgh/Tampa Super Bowl. That'd be sweetness.

I hate that the Vikings are wildcard. I live in Minnesota, and it's something I can't admit here... but FUCK THAT SHIT. However, I'd rather Vikings than Bears...

EMehl6
12-08-2008, 06:26 PM
My prediction, as of right now, for the Super Bowl is the Steelers vs. the Giants. That would most likely turn out to be a very defensive, low-scoring game. But I think it would be exciting, none-the-less. Unrelated to that, though, why do you hate the Vikings so much? Because you're a Packers fan, I assume?

Llamas
12-08-2008, 06:55 PM
Partially because I'm a Packer fan, and partially because Vikings games are very boring in person. Minnesota is not a football state by any means, and the fan base is SOOO lame. The mascot is lame, as well. Plus the team generally sucks.

bighead384
12-08-2008, 07:47 PM
I'm so glad the Steelers beat the Cowboys. The Eagles almost definitely have to win their last three games, but at least they control their own destiny now.

Cock Joke
12-08-2008, 08:05 PM
Ravens beat the Redskins last night HOLLA!!!

SaiKYoU
12-09-2008, 01:18 PM
so, anybody still believes Tony Romo is abel to hang on a full season, and not going down in december/january...

Llamas
12-09-2008, 05:50 PM
Fuckin' Panthers.

Sidewinder
12-09-2008, 08:05 PM
Holy fuck Falcons are tied for a wildcard spot after 13 games. Holy fuck.

Sidewinder
12-21-2008, 05:16 PM
Falcons just clinched a playoff spot.

Fuck yes.

Llamas
12-21-2008, 05:19 PM
Thank god, cause I hate the Vikings.

Also, fuck Brett Favre. I hate Seattle.

Oh and fuck Buffalo.

Al Coholic
12-21-2008, 07:29 PM
Yeah, I can't believe Brett Favre got the pro bowl nod over Phillip rivers, who leads the nfl in touchdowns and QB rating. Speaking of the Chargers, they just killed my bucs, who started out 9-3 and were in contention for the no.2 seed. Then they lost to the Panthers, falling to a likely no. 5 seed. Then they lost to the Falcons. Then they even lost their first home game to the Chargers, making them 9-6, and possibly not going to the playoffs. Fuck. And even if we did get in, we're beaten up, bad on the road, and our defense seems to have quit ever since Monte Kiffin accepted the job at Tenesse.

Btw, Monte Kiffin is the best defensive coordinator in football.

Llamas
12-21-2008, 07:35 PM
It's funny. Cause I'm from Wisconsin, and live in Minnesota; in Wisconsin, everyone loves Brett. In Minnesota, everyone hates him and they refuse to talk about him.

This always caused me to feel like Brett was only a legend in Wisconsin; the rest of the nation doesn't care so much about him. Then he retired and became a Jet.

Now I realize that he's fucking idolized, no matter how much he sucks ass. I honestly was just closed off and biased to how bad it is. Of course I held in for him in his bad years, cause I'm a Packers fan from Wisconsin... but seriously? It's so much more obnoxious than I could've imagined.

randman21
12-21-2008, 07:57 PM
Oh and fuck Buffalo.

Fuck you! But yeah, fuck Buffalo. I give up on them and lyfe.:(

Llamas
12-21-2008, 07:58 PM
I'm mad at them for beating the Broncos... buncha a-holes. I also wish the Panthers would die.

Sidewinder
12-23-2008, 09:46 AM
Pathers loss + Falcons win = Falcons win NFC South.

JohnnyNemesis
12-23-2008, 09:57 AM
I hate my life.

Al Coholic
12-23-2008, 10:25 AM
Bucs win + Eagles loss = 10-6 and not in the playoffs.

Anybody else think its a little fucked up a team can go 10-6 and not get in as a wild card 6th seed, but arizona could've gone 7-9 or even 6-10 and still made the playoffs as a 4th seed?

Great game on Monday night too. blocked 30 yard FG to send it into overtime? You never see that.

sKratch
12-23-2008, 11:02 AM
Giants/Panthers game was pimp. The Giants played like a big 'ol floppy sack the first half but then they got their shit together thank goodness.

Sidewinder
12-23-2008, 12:06 PM
Seriously. Now, if the trend continues, NO will beat Carolina at home* and Falcons SHOULD be able to take out St. Louis.

*The home team has won every single NFC South division game this year and this is the only one left.

Llamas
12-23-2008, 12:12 PM
Bucs win + Eagles loss = 10-6 and not in the playoffs.

Anybody else think its a little fucked up a team can go 10-6 and not get in as a wild card 6th seed, but arizona could've gone 7-9 or even 6-10 and still made the playoffs as a 4th seed?

Great game on Monday night too. blocked 30 yard FG to send it into overtime? You never see that.

Yeah, the NFC west is a mess. The Bucs, Cowboys, Vikings and Bears all have better records than Arizona... it's stupid.

Giants/Panthers game was pimp. The Giants played like a big 'ol floppy sack the first half but then they got their shit together thank goodness.
Fully agreed. Crazy game.

Sidewinder
12-23-2008, 01:01 PM
Yeah, the NFC west is a mess. The Bucs,Bears .
Both still playoff probables.

Llamas
12-23-2008, 01:28 PM
That's not my point, though.

I will cry if the Bears make the playoffs, though, haha. FUCK DA BEARZ

jacknife737
12-23-2008, 01:47 PM
So uh, go Titans! I was a little worried after that loss to the Texans; but i was more then satisfied with the win against the Steelers. We'll destroy the Colts, and then i'm going to enjoy a bye during the first round of the playoffs.

It's nice to feel optimistic after a couple of shitty seasons.

Al Coholic
12-23-2008, 09:42 PM
So the NFLs blatant bias against small media markets continues. They've moved the Eagles-Cowboys game to 415 instead of 1. And we all know Dallas is a much bigger market than Tampa Bay. If Tampa wins and Dallas loses, they're in the playoffs. So if Tampa beats the Raiders at 1, The Eagles will find out right before kickoff that they're eliminated, giving the cowboys the edge they need.

Thats right, its a fucking conspiracy.

On the plus, atleast the Lions seem likely to fall to 0-16. They play at lambeau, where they haven't won a game since 1991. They'll go down in history as the biggest loseres ever, losing even moreso than the current losingest team, the 0-14 76 bucs. And we'll probly get Rod Marinelli as our new DC. He's a good coach, actually. Even though the lions suck, terrible personel decisions were made for years before Rod got there. I mean from 2001-2006 they have none of their first round picks anymore? and it is kind of a stretch to go from a D-lines coach to Head coach immediately.

Fuck the cowboys. Bunch of overpaid crybabies with no ethics. Talent alone doesn't make you a football team.

SaiKYoU
12-24-2008, 04:52 AM
san diego chargers bitches...

karma make this happen, i bet Hochuli's calling this sunday refrees to tell'em to throw def pass interference flags against Denver, otherwise he'll shot himself...

Llamas
12-28-2008, 06:34 PM
Holy shit, that Vikings game... the game didn't really matter, cause the Giants and Vikings were gonna be in the playoffs regardless, but I was cheering for the Vikings since I didn't know the Bears were gonna lose. I'm no Vikings fan, but 1) I hate the Bears, and would much rather see the Vikings in the playoffs than the Bears, and 2) I live in Minnesota, so it always feels nice when a team from the state in which I live does well.

These are gonna be some crazy playoffs... last year we pretty much knew the Pats would be in the SB... it's pretty likely we'll see Tennessee in the SB, but I doubt anyone is as certain of that as with NE last year. I'm looking forward to this series of games, and am hoping we'll end up with an incredible Super Bowl.

bighead384
12-28-2008, 11:40 PM
I hope the Eagles are gonna be this year's Giants. Goin' on an awesome playoff run after barely making the playoffs.

Llamas
12-29-2008, 01:06 AM
My first round picks are Atlanta, Minnesota, Indy, and I don't give a fuck cause both teams suck ass.

As for what follows, in the AFC I want either Pittsburgh or Indy... in NFC I want Minnesota or New York... but I really don't see Minnesota getting very far, lolz. Cept they showed some skillz today against the Giants.

Phillie's win over Dallas was hardcore, but I hate the Eagles, so I want them to choke.

PS: I'd just like to take a moment to lol at the fact that arak0r never posts here this season cause his team didn't go undefeated. lmaooooo.

arak0r
12-29-2008, 01:16 AM
hey klafte, it might have to do with the fact that i dont really post here much at all now? ever think of that? seriously? ive been posting just fine on several other forums when it comes to football talk. i didnt start posting when my sox choked in the post season. dont be fucking ridiculous, its not like i have the luxury of cheering for 20 different teams so i can always someone good to cheer for.

as it is, considering the massive amount of injuries the pats have had, the fact that they still went 11-5 and missed the playoffs with that record, is just amazing on so many counts. close loses to indy and nyj really hurt. a bounce or two away from the playoffs really.

meanwhile your little superhero loverboy brett favre once again proves that he is utter fucking garbage. over rated and over hyped and definitely over the fucking hill. good job new york, get rid of chad pennington for an old fool and look where it gets you!

Llamas
12-29-2008, 01:21 AM
hey klafte, it might have to do with the fact that i dont really post here much at all now? ever think of that? seriously? ive been posting just fine on several other forums when it comes to football talk. i didnt start posting when my sox choked in the post season. dont be fucking ridiculous, its not like i have the luxury of cheering for 20 different teams so i can always someone good to cheer for.
lol.

as it is, considering the massive amount of injuries the pats have had, the fact that they still went 11-5 and missed the playoffs with that record, is just amazing on so many counts. close loses to indy and nyj really hurt. a bounce or two away from the playoffs really.
Not saying this isn't true.

meanwhile your little superhero loverboy brett favre once again proves that he is utter fucking garbage. over rated and over hyped and definitely over the fucking hill. good job new york, get rid of chad pennington for an old fool and look where it gets you!
Packers fan; not a Favre fan. I supported Favre when he QB'd my team, and then he happened to switch to a team that I kinda like (not a huge fan, but they're probably my favorite team in AFC East). I actually kinda hate the dude since his sappy ass selfish retirement scam. So bashing Favre means nothing to me.

And hey, I'm still a devoted fan even when my two favorite teams go 6-10 and 8-8. That shouldn't mean I don't cheer on other teams even though mine are done for the year.

arak0r
12-29-2008, 01:23 AM
still dont see the point for that snarky comment, forgive me for posting once, in november in a thread that barely reached 2 pages in an entire season.

Llamas
12-29-2008, 01:26 AM
This thread is less than two months old... hasn't been around the entire season. I was including the original NFL thread. Plus, even with my settings of 20 posts per page, it's 3 pages. That's completely irrelevant, because the point was that, last year, you basically came to this bbs a lot to pretty much solely post in the NFL thread about how awesome your team was, and this year you don't come around. I was just amused.

arak0r
12-29-2008, 01:32 AM
yes im sure thats why i was here.

fact 1, this thread is about as active as the offspring of an armadillo and a sloth

fact 2, the patriots still had a damn good year, especially considering injuries

fact 3, i rarely post here as it is, it has fuck all to do with how good the pats are or arent doing :rolleyes:

fact 4, if that was true, id be posting it up in the nhl thread wherever the fuck that is about my bruins :)

Llamas
12-29-2008, 01:37 AM
haha. Seriously, learn to relax a bit. I made one comment and you're taking it so personally and making multiple posts to defend yourself.

Though to be fair, I used to be like that...

In other news, I'd like to take a moment to point out how shitty the NFC was this year. AFC totally dominated, and they really should've just kicked a few NFC out of the playoffs and stuck some more AFC teams in. haha.

IamSam
12-29-2008, 02:27 AM
See....I don't think so. I like the way the system is set up. I think the Falcons were very worthy of going.

I'm also biased because I hate Bill Belicheck.

SaiKYoU
12-29-2008, 05:04 AM
so, if you'r a Broncos, Bucaneers, and especially cowboys fan...

i was watching the Jets-Phins, and everytime they we're showing a highlight form Philly, it was a fucking fumble!!!

awesome!

JohnnyNemesis
12-29-2008, 07:32 AM
It's amazing that the Patriots pulled out an 11-5 season, all things considered. A very respectable effort. Also, I must say that I'm utterly shocked that you're not crying over how unfair it is that a team with a record THAT good missed the playoffs; good on you.

I'm extremely happy for Chad Pennington. To go what he went through with all those injuries and finally find a system that works for him, it's great.

But on the other hand, fuck my life. My football team turns into the '76 Bucs (or '08 Lions? lolz) once they venture past the midwest, and my baseball team's offseason activity is so disgustingly unfair that it's honestly making it more and more difficult to support them. Life = paaaainz.

bighead384
12-29-2008, 10:18 AM
It really does seem unfair that the Patriots had three more wins then the Chargers but the Chargers get to advance, but it's not like I have a better idea.

JohnnyNemesis
12-29-2008, 11:29 AM
Better idea: take the 6 best records regardless of division, fuck everything else.

But then that gets into lost money on the West coast, unfairness to teams in certain regions, etc etc etc. But it's something worth considering.

Llamas
12-29-2008, 12:15 PM
Yeah, I was thinking about that... just taking the best teams regardless of where they're from and stuff. But I guess I don't really think win/loss records are exactly the best way of ranking teams, either, so in the end I don't really care that much. haha.

And yes, the Pats had an excellent season despite their losses. I hate the Pats, but I can definitely give them credit where it's due. However, I thoroughly enjoyed this article: http://www.theonion.com/content/news/patriots_season_perfect_for_rest

arak0r
12-29-2008, 09:30 PM
i thnk the worst thing was wanting to cheer for the phins and pennington minus the fact that it would (and did) knock us out of the playoffs

id complain more about the chargers gettin in, cept they actually beat us, and rather well.. if the broncos got in on the other hand...

either way its crap. pretty much every team in the west is garbage tho! afc/nfc west best record is.. arizona at 9-7

i LIKE how the divisions and whatnot are set up but i really think itd be better if they did the conferences more like the nhl/nba with east and west

IamSam
12-29-2008, 10:41 PM
I like Arizona being in though. Mainly because they are two different teams at home and on the road. Remember they beat the Dolphins at the beginning of the season and destroyed the then 4-1 Bills.

Once they go to the next round of the playoffs they will get destroyed though...unless Turner runs all over them...which is quite possible.

bighead384
12-29-2008, 11:58 PM
Better idea: take the 6 best records regardless of division, fuck everything else.

But then that gets into lost money on the West coast, unfairness to teams in certain regions, etc etc etc. But it's something worth considering.

There's pros and cons to both systems, but I think the rarity of things like this happening will prevent any real change from taking place. I mean, I haven't exactly researched this issue, but as far as I remember, this is the first time things have worked out so ridiculously that one team that failed to clinch has a whopping THREE more victories then another team that clinched.

SaiKYoU
12-30-2008, 01:47 PM

a betetr idea would be making the 4 divisions just 2, and giving playoffs spot to the champs and then the 4 best seeds...

but that would make a 21 matches shedule, which is maybe too long...

Al Coholic
12-30-2008, 07:55 PM
There is some merit to the system of 4 division winners making the playoffs. Each year, you play the teams in your division twice, plus one nfc division and one afc division. So your in the same boat with three other teams that had a very similar schedual. It makes sense that the best of the four gets to advance.

Say this year your a team from the ncf south, an already tough division, and you played the nfc east and afc east. Another team from the nfc north played the nfc west and afc west. Everyone in the north had a cakewalk schedual, while you were given the shitpick of the litter. Atleast this way its guaranteed atleast ONE team will make it to the playoffs from your division. Fair's fair.

However, there should be failsafes. Lets say your a wild card contender, 2-3 games ahead of a division winner. 11-5 should beat 8-8 regardless of anything. 10-6 should still beat 8-8 if lets say your combined opponents winning percentage(out of all 256 games) was atleast x amount higher than the 8-8 team.

Heres another thought, because each season there seems to be atleast one or two winning teams that don't make it. Expand the number of seeds from 6 to 8. Four wild card teams play in an additional round, the winners play the 3rd and 4th seeds, and the winners from there play the first and second(who effectively get 2 bye weeks). Half the teams make it to some sort of playoffs, 4 more franchises per year make it, because of the NFL shared revenue program, everyone makes more money.

IamSam
01-03-2009, 05:43 PM
And there you go. Team with a better record loses to a team with a worse record.

Llamas
01-03-2009, 06:35 PM
Stupid Cardinals. At least the Colts look like they're gonna have a great game.

IamSam
01-03-2009, 06:50 PM
I wouldn't call them stupid. They had a great game plan for shutting down the runner up in MVP votes. Stupid only if you were a Falcon fan that is.

Llamas
01-03-2009, 06:54 PM
I picked the Falcons over the Cardinals... I'm not really a Falcon fan per say, but I just am not a Cardinals fan. ha.

JohnnyNemesis
01-03-2009, 11:40 PM
I don't think anyone can deny that an 8-8 team being in the playoffs fucking sucks, but at the same time, if you're a 12-4 team that can't get past an 8-8 squad, you deserve no pity at all.

IamSam
01-04-2009, 12:00 AM
I don't think anyone can deny that an 8-8 team being in the playoffs fucking sucks, but at the same time, if you're a 12-4 team that can't get past an 8-8 squad, you deserve no pity at all.

Exactly. Which is why I'm fine with both the Cardinals and the Chargers being in it. The Cardinals will lose next week anyway...sooo...

bighead384
01-04-2009, 01:12 AM
I always root for the underdog. I'm totally rooting for the Cardinals.

Llamas
01-04-2009, 01:48 AM
So rooting for the Vikes or the Eagles then? haha.

IamSam
01-04-2009, 02:21 AM
So rooting for the Vikes or the Eagles then? haha.

Ugh. Two horrible choices. I hate Brad Childress and the Eagles cause my stomach to churn because they tied the Bungles this year.

JohnnyNemesis
01-04-2009, 09:18 AM
I always root for the underdog. I'm totally rooting for the Cardinals.

Yeah, I like to root for the underdog every now and then when I don't give a shit about who's left. I'll apathetically back the G-Men from here on out based solely on location (hometown, of course), but I'll be kinda rooting for the Cards here and there too: underdog status + tortured franchise history = fun to see what happens.

Oh, and this kinda sums up my feelings on a lot of things right now: http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-4-704/Days-later--Mangini-looks-better-than-Jets.html?lpos=spotlight&lid=tab3pos1

Firing Mangini was awful awful awful.

Llamas
01-04-2009, 02:40 PM
I was glad to see the Dolphins lose... :) Next weekend, I'd like to see Baltimore come wipe out the Titans, and hoping to see Pitts whoops SD.

Now the Vikes game is starting... I'm going over to watch it with actual Vikings fans. Amusing, because usually when I watch Vikings games with them, I'm cheering against the Vikings... but this time I'll be cheering for them. :P

arak0r
01-04-2009, 05:50 PM
superbowl, philly v tennessee

IamSam
01-04-2009, 05:51 PM
Carolina vs. Tennessee

Desperado
01-04-2009, 06:32 PM
YESSS!!! EAGLES WiN!!!!! WOOOOOO!@!!!

They're probably gonna get their ass kicked by the giants, though. >_> Although you never know.

Al Coholic
01-04-2009, 06:52 PM
Superbowl: Steelers over the Eagles, 31-20

I thought the eagles were underrated this year. Mcnabb is always underrated. Philly fans are stupid.

Cock Joke
01-04-2009, 07:26 PM
Just thought I'd say...RAVENS KICK ASS!!!!!!!!!!

IamSam
01-04-2009, 08:57 PM

I thought the eagles were underrated this year. Mcnabb is always underrated. Philly fans are stupid.

Steelers won't make it unless they get an entirely new offensive line.

Llamas
01-05-2009, 12:47 AM
Fuckin Eagles :( The Vikings were just pure shit out there today. They need to learn how to pass and to return kicks/punts. wtf.

SaiKYoU
01-05-2009, 09:05 AM
superbowl: winner from Ravens or Chargers vs. winner from CAR/ARI

StayInTheHouseCarl
01-05-2009, 11:03 AM
As a longtime Miami fan, seeing the turnaround from 1-15 to 11-5 was pretty damn rewarding.

Al Coholic
01-05-2009, 11:04 AM
Steelers won't make it unless they get an entirely new offensive line.

They've had an awful offensive line all year and won a lot of games. They also have, last time I heard(not a figure of speech, its been a while) the #1 defense in the league. If they're up against the ravens, I don't see big ben making the same mistakes Chad did. I do see them getting stuffed, sacked, and beat up, but I think Roethlisburger can be efficient enough, get the ball out fast, and put up a few points. However, if the Steelers put 8 in the box against the run, I don't see a rookie Flacco lookin good against their D.

Titans-Steelers is a different story. I don't know Hayensworth's status. But if he's not 100% out there the Titans may not get the pressure they need. Nobody else has a really intimidating defense this year in the AFC. Thats just my pick.

And I pick Philly because Mcnabb is Brady-Manning-Roethlisburger good. He always was, he just never had the kind of recievers and Tight ends those guys do. And their defense is playing well, the only team that I could forsee really giving them trouble is Carolina. But Im a Bucs fan so fuck the Panthers.

Llamas
01-05-2009, 11:28 AM
And I pick Philly because Mcnabb is Brady-Manning-Roethlisburger good. He always was, he just never had the kind of recievers and Tight ends those guys do.

I don't really like Philly, and hated to see them beat the Vikings yesterday... but I couldn't help but notice how true this is yesterday. McNabb was awesome out there, and just threw some great passes. Usually his incompletes were due to the receivers fucking up.

haha I saw this SNL bit last night where the lady was interviewing a QB and she said, "So, let me get this straight. You enjoy making passes at tight ends who like to go long and deep. And this is how you... score?" I lol'd.

arak0r
01-05-2009, 11:38 AM
And I pick Philly because Mcnabb is Brady-Manning-Roethlisburger good. He always was, he just never had the kind of recievers and Tight ends those guys do. And their defense is playing well, the only team that I could forsee really giving them trouble is Carolina. But Im a Bucs fan so fuck the Panthers.

WHAT? need laughing emoticon nowish in an argument about excellence in todays nfl, worthlessburger does NOT belong

Llamas
01-05-2009, 03:50 PM
I like Roethlisburger a lot. I don't know for sure that I'd put him on the same tier as the Mannings... but he's definitely good. It's hard to put players on tiers, though, because it's different every year. There was a time when Favre was above all other modern QBs, in my opinion. Now he's definitely not as good as, say, Roethlisburger. I've been very impressed by McNabb lately, and both Peyton and Eli.

bighead384
01-05-2009, 04:05 PM
I hate people that only know how to blame the coach or the QB because they're easy targets. Does anyone else find this extremely annoying?

bighead384
01-05-2009, 04:13 PM

Eagles Giants will be close, but I think the Giants not having Plaxico Burress and the Eagles good momentum will give the Eagles the edge in this game. Burress had a great height advantage over the Eagles' defensive backs, so it's fortunate for the Eagles that he's injured.

Llamas
01-05-2009, 04:14 PM
I hate people that only know how to blame the coach or the QB because they're easy targets. Does anyone else find this extremely annoying?

Yes. Well, QBs get the most attention, because they handle the ball in every offensive play. I was seriously annoyed this season by people saying Aaron Rodgers sucked, and we needed Favre back. How can people NOT see that Aaron Rodgers was awesome, he just wasn't being defended? His BLOCKERS sucked. But people only see the QB...

Al Coholic
01-05-2009, 04:17 PM
WHAT? need laughing emoticon nowish in an argument about excellence in todays nfl, worthlessburger does NOT belong

Lemme guess, you watch sportscenter, or you know the stats, but you don't necessarily watch the games. Have you watched Ben this year? With his running backs out and his O-line playing like shit, this guys getting NO time in the pocket. He's getting hit, he's getting hurt, and none of its because of bad pocket presence. Its because of no pocket. Yet he's making passes and winning games. The stats wont be there. The highlights wont be there. The bandwagon won't be there. But he's playing his ass off and I can't think of anyone who's done more with less.

Put Payton Manning on the 08 Steelers and I doubt he'd do any better. Manning never had to put up with playing with several small injuries, being beat up throughout the game, and having a team basically dump all responsibility on him to somehow pull a win out of his ass. He's always had the protection and a plethera of receivers to work with. Sure if you're putting them in order I'd put Manning ahead of Roethlisburger in raw talent, but I'd say they're around the same tier, there just isn't a stat that represents how hard Ben's played. Oh yeah and he doesn't choke or fade away in January.

Al Coholic
01-05-2009, 04:28 PM

Absolutely. I gotta say the Vikings this year had a very disruptive defense and the best running game, all they were missing was a quarterback. But there are many other examples where the QB is blamed for way too much. You win and lose as a team. Take the Bucs this year. Jeff Garcia played good. He's the best we had by far, even though our running game was average, his protection was average, and he had one good receiver. But he'll probly not come back next year.

What I hate more is a coach thats too stuck in their ways. Take Jon Gruden. For years he would bring in has-beens, because he liked veterans. He would bring in people with charachter and not talent. He doesn't like(or maybe know how) to develop rookies. He plays the guy he likes and not the best man.
He is hellbent on a west coast offense, and won't throw more than dink and dunk passes, even if we're playing against a crappy or injured secondary. And its left us with a bunch of EVEN older has beens on defense, and only one great player on offense. Who was a free agent aquisition anyway.

Unless we throw a lot of money at the free agency, I predict the Bucs to have an awful season next year.

Llamas
01-05-2009, 05:16 PM
Lemme guess, you watch sportscenter, or you know the stats, but you don't necessarily watch the games. Have you watched Ben this year? With his running backs out and his O-line playing like shit, this guys getting NO time in the pocket. He's getting hit, he's getting hurt, and none of its because of bad pocket presence. Its because of no pocket. Yet he's making passes and winning games. The stats wont be there. The highlights wont be there. The bandwagon won't be there. But he's playing his ass off and I can't think of anyone who's done more with less.

Put Payton Manning on the 08 Steelers and I doubt he'd do any better. Manning never had to put up with playing with several small injuries, being beat up throughout the game, and having a team basically dump all responsibility on him to somehow pull a win out of his ass. He's always had the protection and a plethera of receivers to work with. Sure if you're putting them in order I'd put Manning ahead of Roethlisburger in raw talent, but I'd say they're around the same tier, there just isn't a stat that represents how hard Ben's played. Oh yeah and he doesn't choke or fade away in January.

I'd just like to say, you've made some excellent points. But you should put this in terms of Tom Brady for arak0r, cause he's a pats fan, not a colts fan. hehe

Absolutely. I gotta say the Vikings this year had a very disruptive defense and the best running game, all they were missing was a quarterback.
Seriously... not a Vikings fan, but so true. Roethlisburger + Vikings would have equaled an awesome team, I think...

Take the Bucs this year. Jeff Garcia played good. He's the best we had by far, even though our running game was average, his protection was average, and he had one good receiver. But he'll probly not come back next year. Where's he going?

Al Coholic
01-05-2009, 07:08 PM
I don't know, he'll be a free agent. I get the feeling(and so does all the local media) he's not coming back because:

Despite being a pro bowler in 07 and having an extremely efficient season that worked well in Gruden's system, Gruden got a hard-on for Farve for some dumb reason. Big insult to Jeff but he's a class act, and he played on. Then Gruden benched him for a shitty Brian Griese because he was a little out of rhythym with his recievers. He gets back the starting job but the damage is done. He's a free agent now and I doubt he wants to go with us. Plus Gruden's gotta feed that ego so he's gonna try and find a new QB to prove he was right.

The guy goes 2 out of every three games without throwing an interception, he's still pretty mobile despite his age. I don't know the Vikings system but a guy like that, with Jackson at backup, seems like a good fit. He left Detriot years ago but if the moneys good and he gets the start he could go there too. I don't think anyone else really needs a QB that badly to take a chance on him. He is 39, most other teams with QB problems have a young backup they'd probly rather start. He'd be a great backup QB anywhere else in the league though. Exactly that veteran guy you want ready to take over if something happens.

arak0r
01-05-2009, 09:13 PM
i dont watch sports center, and simply reading stats isnt a terrible way to judge a player when theyre on extreme ends. your whole argument is just terrible. big deal he plays hard, that doesnt mean hes near as talented as a manning or a brady.

as for the injuries, being a pats fan, dont talk to me about dealing with injuries. that's just a goddamn joke. every time ive seen roethlisberger go out of a game this year, his backup goes in and they do BETTER on offense. go fucking figure. hes only had one exceptional year in his career. ill take the stats over "working hard" as a show of a quarterbacks talent.

Al Coholic
01-05-2009, 11:57 PM
The main point was that he's been a great quarterback despite a lot of bad circumstances. When you've already been hit 8 times, you have no time in the pocket, and before your recievers routes can develop at all you have to get rid of the ball nobody will look good. Sometimes, just getting an incompletion instead of a sack or forcing a throw can be a GREAT play. Even though at the end of the day you wouldn't know it, unless you appreciate little subtleties like that. Like I said, I don't think anyone's done more with less this year. Stats and comparisons to quarterbacks that have had excellent skill players are a bad measure of talent. I think Brady/Manning are more talented from a scouts position, but on the 08 Steelers I doubt they'd do much better.

arak0r
01-06-2009, 09:19 PM
how do you figure? brady hasnt exactly always had brilliant receivers, and hes never had a terrible year. not to mention, worthless burger has had decent receivers in plexiglass, hines ward, and now santonio holmes. dont act like hes been stuck with david patten david givens and deion branch

JohnnyNemesis
01-06-2009, 09:22 PM
Though I agree that the offensive line is just as important (actually moreso), I will never understand why people constantly overlook how many GODAWFUL receivers Tom Brady has had to deal with in the past.

Before Moss, Deion Branch was his best receiver. Deion. Fucking. Branch. Jaysus.

...DEION BRANCH!!!

Al Coholic
01-07-2009, 04:47 PM
Actually, I thought Branch, Givens, Brown, and Graham at TE was a pretty good set. And yes, a good line can compensate for an average group of receivers. You can have great recievers, but if you don't have the 2-3 seconds for their route to develop it doesn't matter. The year he had Burress, Ward, and Randall El I thought he had the best reciever set in the league. And together they won a superbowl. Though you could bring those guys together again and even add randy moss, with their line the numbers still wouldn't be their. What matters is getting the job done, even if its ugly, and winning.

arak0r - I think we all know Bradys better. Now I might have jumped the gun on defending my earlier point because you were kinda douchey earlier. I still think he belongs right up there with the top current QBs in the league. Put him on the Pats of this year and they'd be a number 1 or 2 seed. As far as the same tier as brady/manning, well, if its in the sense that he's one of the leagues best right now then yes. If its in a sense that he's one of the best ever and a sure hall of famer based on what he's already done then no. But I do think with the right supporting cast he surely has that potential. He is like 4 years younger than those guys so we'll see. Callin the guy worthless is ridiculous.

Al Coholic
01-10-2009, 09:07 PM
How bout them Cards? I had no idea they had a defense like that.

IamSam
01-10-2009, 09:09 PM
Woo Hoo! My underdogs are pounding them! Take that Carolina!

Llamas
01-10-2009, 09:15 PM
Holy shit, I didn't get to watch either game today, but I'm so happy that Tennessee and Carolina lost! I'm actually finding myself cheering on Baltimore right now... and if the AFC champs game is Baltimore and SD, I think I'll be rooting Baltimore... if it's Pitts, though, I'm all about the Steelers.

But tomorrow I won't get to watch, either... go NY and Pitts...

Thomas
01-10-2009, 09:27 PM
Holy shit. How did the Cardinals manage to not fuck up yet?

I'm dumbfounded, but kinda excited. I'd love to see them make it to the Superbowl. That would be the shizz-nizz.

arak0r
01-10-2009, 10:22 PM
league. Put him on the Pats of this year and they'd be a number 1 or 2 seed.
uh, they missed the playoffs with an 11-5 record. what would they get, 2 more wins?

arak0r
01-10-2009, 10:25 PM
oh, and tennessee got fucking screwed. this year has seen some remarkable officiating fuck ups

IamSam
01-10-2009, 10:51 PM
oh, and tennessee got fucking screwed. this year has seen some remarkable officiating fuck ups

I agree with you. That play should not have happened.

I like how the Cards won tonight. Dominating.

JohnnyNemesis
01-11-2009, 12:24 AM
*builds Cardinals bandwagon and then rides it temporarily*

Thomas
01-11-2009, 12:42 AM
*builds Cardinals bandwagon and then rides it temporarily*

Hey. Home state. Home team. Give me a break.

JohnnyNemesis
01-11-2009, 12:44 AM
I was making fun of myself for jumping on the bandwagon; not making fun of other people who are rooting for them now, only myself!

ps. Rooting for the home team is never wagonjumping! Or, rather, it's only rarely wagonjumping.

Thomas
01-11-2009, 12:49 AM
I was making fun of myself for jumping on the bandwagon; not making fun of other people who are rooting for them now, only myself!

ps. Rooting for the home team is never wagonjumping! Or, rather, it's only rarely wagonjumping.

Actually, I'm only caring about them this season because they are doing well. Is that wagon jumping or just, like, Radio Flyer jumping?

JohnnyNemesis
01-11-2009, 12:51 AM
That's lower degree wagon jumping, 'cause it's the home team. We call that the "Boston sports fan (http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2009/01/you-facks-do-nawt-know-how-to-gamble.html)" special (the classic case of the Pats being overlooked every single year until 1997, then again until 2001, when EVERYTHING CHANGED).

Thomas
01-11-2009, 12:56 AM
Damn. :(:(:(

If it makes it any better, in elementary school I used to have a cardinals sweater that I wore quite a bit...

SaiKYoU
01-11-2009, 07:05 AM
kurt fucking warner!

arak0r
01-11-2009, 03:06 PM
oh gints :)

too bad i hate all the remaining teams in the afc

bighead384
01-11-2009, 03:39 PM
The 2008 season: The year that showed people that they don't really know what they're talking about.

bighead384
01-11-2009, 03:46 PM
I was just trying to look up "the worst regular season record to ever win the Superbowl". No luck. Anyone happen to know this? I just thought it would be interesting considering what's going on this year. I'd also be interested to know the worst regular season record to go to the Superbowl as well.

JohnnyNemesis
01-11-2009, 03:55 PM
If I remember correctly, I think it was one of the L.A Rams teams of the late 70s, who lost to the Steelers. I'm going to try and look it up and get back to you.

EDIT: Looks like I was right about that one (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=super/rankings/80-61). The Rams that year were 9-7 in the regular season.

bighead384
01-11-2009, 04:01 PM
If I remember correctly, I think it was one of the L.A Rams teams of the late 70s, who lost to the Steelers. I'm going to try and look it up and get back to you.

EDIT: Looks like I was right about that one (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=super/rankings/80-61). The Rams that year were 9-7 in the regular season.

Thanks. That would be crazy if the Eagles, Cardinals, or Chargers won the Superbowl. Either the Cardinals or the Eagles will go to the Superbowl, so it's already guaranteed that a team with only 9 regular season wins will be playing in the Superbowl (although the Birds had one tie).

randman21
01-11-2009, 04:14 PM
I'm not totally sure about records, but I think the lowest seed to win the super bowl was the '05 Steelers at 6.

EDIT: I see why you're asking now. Never mind.

JohnnyNemesis
01-11-2009, 04:16 PM
Correct indeed, randman; Pittsburgh was the lowest seed at 6 when they beat the Seahawks.

RickyCrack
01-11-2009, 04:40 PM
i'm on the cardinals bandwagon. only for the fact that IOWANS FUCKING LOVE KURT WARNER.

We also like the colts and DALLAS CLARK.

and whoever shonn greene will goto will be every iowans favorite team except for the highly disputed vikings/bears/packers feud.

arak0r
01-11-2009, 04:54 PM
Correct indeed, randman; Pittsburgh was the lowest seed at 6 when the nfl and their officials beat the Seahawks.
corrected your post

Cock Joke
01-11-2009, 05:24 PM
Just reminding everyone, again, that the Ravens are the best team ever!

Thank you for your time. PEACE OUT!

Al Coholic
01-11-2009, 05:38 PM

This guy might be on to something

jacknife737
01-11-2009, 06:43 PM
urgh, i'm still bummed after the Titans loss; talk about fucking choke artists. Steelers are taking it this year.

endlesst0m
01-11-2009, 07:22 PM
urgh, i'm still bummed after the Titans loss; talk about fucking choke artists. Steelers are taking it this year.

I don't care about the Titans or the Ravens, but I got mad watching that game. It was so clear that the Titans were better.

Llamas
01-11-2009, 07:53 PM
The 2008 season: The year that showed people that they don't really know what they're talking about.
Agreed.

Wow, can't believe the Giants lost that one... but I'm not as disappointed as I thought I'd be. I like McNabb, and the Eagles have really kicked some ass. I'm hoping the Eagles will be the Cards next weekend, but no matter what, I think I'm actually cheering AFC in this Super Bowl. If Pitts is in, well that's a no brainer for me... and if Baltimore is in, they've impressed me so much and I've always been indifferent to them, while I generally dislike Phillie and AZ.

randman21
01-11-2009, 08:02 PM
I'm so not watching the Super Bowl this year.

RickyCrack
01-11-2009, 08:57 PM
arizona is clearly going to win. sorry guys, but screw every other team. KURT WARNER DAWGZ.

Llamas
01-11-2009, 08:58 PM
I'm so not watching the Super Bowl this year.

*Uninvites you from Super Bowl party.

And I just realized that if it's a Steelers Eagles game, Pennsylvania will win the Super Bowl no matter what. Fuck.

randman21
01-12-2009, 01:47 AM
*Uninvites you from Super Bowl party.

:S

Okay, if the Steelers make it, you can invite me back.

Al Coholic
01-13-2009, 10:51 PM
I'd like to be the first to say that Tony Dunge is one of the greatest coaches of our time, and deserves to be in the hall of fame.

He took over a Tampa Bay team that hadn't had a winning season in about a decade in 96(his only losing season, ever, 6-10). He took them to the divisional playoffs by 97. The NFC championship by 99. And the playoffs every year from then on. It was his defense, with just a little bit more offense from Gruden, that won the superbowl in 2002. Since then the cover 2 defense, also known as the Tampa 2, has been copied by many teams around the league. Many of his former assistants have gone on to be head coaches themselves. He went to the playoffs every year with the Colts, taking them to a record number of 12 or more win seasons and a superbowl win. If Manning didn't choke in the post season, who knows how many more they could have won. And I hope that one day he gets the itch to coach again, but doesn't want to leave his home in Tampa.

bighead384
01-13-2009, 10:57 PM
I can't believe the Eagles are going to likely be in the Super Bowl. By all rights, they shouldn't have even made it to the playoffs. On week 17, they needed TWO teams to lose AND a victory. One of the teams they needed to lose was the Buccaneers, who played and unbelievably lost to the crappy Raiders. Obviously they are one of the top teams this year if they made it this far, but it's just unbelievable how things can work out.

EMehl6
01-13-2009, 11:16 PM
Pittsburgh is going to get Super Bowl numero 6 this year. It's gonna be a long, tough, drag-it-out-knock-'em-down game against the Ravens, but the Ravens aren't nearly as healthy as the Steelers, and the Steelers have already beaten them twice. And I don't buy that "you can't beat a team three times in a season" bullshit. And I'd also like to say the AFC Championship game is going to be the most exciting of the 3 games left.

Simple formula:
dominant defense+offense that scores points when it needs to=win

IamSam
01-13-2009, 11:33 PM
I'm the new sports writer for my college's newspaper. Holla! My first article will be on the Super Bowl and will come out 1/30/09. I'll post it here when I get done with it.

JohnnyNemesis
01-14-2009, 08:02 AM
So have you all made amends with God yet? 'Cause the Cardinals are in the NFC Title Game and all. Apocalypse is coming.

bighead384
01-14-2009, 12:17 PM
Pittsburgh is going to get Super Bowl numero 6 this year. It's gonna be a long, tough, drag-it-out-knock-'em-down game against the Ravens, but the Ravens aren't nearly as healthy as the Steelers, and the Steelers have already beaten them twice. And I don't buy that "you can't beat a team three times in a season" bullshit. And I'd also like to say the AFC Championship game is going to be the most exciting of the 3 games left.

Simple formula:
dominant defense+offense that scores points when it needs to=win

The Eagles DESTROYED the Steelers in week 4. They outplayed them in every aspect of the game. So unless things have changed a lot, I don't think anyone can say for sure that the Steelers can beat the Eagles.

EMehl6
01-14-2009, 01:58 PM
So have you all made amends with God yet? 'Cause the Cardinals are in the NFC Title Game and all. Apocalypse is coming.

It is coming, but the Cardinals winning the Super Bowl is only the first sign. The second sign is the Lions going 16-0. Then we're all going to have to start stocking up on camping supplies and growing shit like that crazy person in here that posted a thread about doing that and how she knew her "feelings" were right from some crazy website. DEATH!

The Eagles DESTROYED the Steelers in week 4. They outplayed them in every aspect of the game. So unless things have changed a lot, I don't think anyone can say for sure that the Steelers can beat the Eagles.

Yes, but as you pointed out, that was week 4. The Steelers have gotten much better, and I'm pretty sure they can handle the Eagles now. Roethlisberger is money in the post-season, Parker is healthy, and they have the number one defense. Plus, the Eagles may not even make it to the Super Bowl, the Cardinals could take them down. I mean, who expected them to destroy the Panthers? And they have home field advantage.

Llamas
01-14-2009, 03:27 PM
I definitely think the Steelers are gonna walk all over Baltimore. Of course, I also thought I'd see Tennessee, Carolina, or New York in the championship games... as someone else said, this NFL season has proven that nobody has a clue what they're talking about. haha. I expected three of these four teams to be knocked out in the first round.

arak0r
01-14-2009, 08:53 PM
Yes, but as you pointed out, that was week 4. The Steelers have gotten much better, and I'm pretty sure they can handle the Eagles now. Roethlisberger is money in the post-season, Parker is healthy, and they have the number one defense. Plus, the Eagles may not even make it to the Super Bowl, the Cardinals could take them down. I mean, who expected them to destroy the Panthers? And they have home field advantage.
and uh, the steelers might not even make it? the way people writing the steelers as the champs already is hilarious, especially after last years super bowl :(

JohnnyNemesis
01-14-2009, 08:59 PM
^He speaks the truth.

I think the Steelers are looking really good right now, but no one should be writing the Ravens off at all. And it looks like people are putting the Eagles in SB already because the very thought of the Cards playing in the Super Bowl is mindblowing (does not compuuuuuuuuute)

IamSam
01-14-2009, 09:34 PM
It's talk like that (writing in the Eagles) that has been fueling the Cards the entire playoffs. This weekend will be interesting.

Al Coholic
01-14-2009, 10:21 PM
Credit to the cards but Delhomme also threw 4 INTS and gave up a fumble, didn't he? I don't see Mcnabb doin that.

IamSam
01-14-2009, 10:45 PM
Credit to the cards but Delhomme also threw 4 INTS and gave up a fumble, didn't he? I don't see Mcnabb doin that.

5 INTS and a fumble. And ask any Philly fan and they can say anything can happen with McNabb.

bighead384
01-15-2009, 12:10 PM
Steve Smith is the man- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxJGs0juqlc

Had to post this. It's (fucking AWESOME) Steve Smith highlights and YGGFK is the background music.

Al Coholic
01-15-2009, 03:09 PM
5 INTS and a fumble. And ask any Philly fan and they can say anything can happen with McNabb.

You could replace the Eagles teams of the last few years with the New England dynasty, and Philly fans would find reasons to bitch about Tom Brady.

Al Coholic
01-16-2009, 08:23 PM
Jon Gruden and GM Bruce Allen Fired!

About time. I thought he was a good coach when it came to Xs and Os and gameplanning. But as far as making personel decisions and judging talent, this guy sucked. His draft picks have mostly failed. He picks up veterans way past their prime. Has beens and old favorites from the Raider days were too common. He never developed players. His favoritism came to a head many times when fan favorites and more talented players were benched for Gruden's flavor of the month. The last four losses in a row this season were inexcusable. It was obvious we were just a few players short of winning the NFC south this year. No, really. Had we picked up Kris Jenkins we wouldn't have been weak at DT. That's it. We would've had better pressure and stopped the run. That's all we needed. Maybe pick up a free agent reciever on offense like Shockey or Stallworth. But no, that wasn't Gruden's style. We're one of the oldest teams in the NFL, and while we have a lot of good players, we lack the superstars that would make us great.

We're gonna suck really hard this year though...

JohnnyNemesis
01-18-2009, 04:13 PM
oh my goooooooddddddddddddddddd!!!!!!!!!!!!

ps. Tampa fan? lol ttig.

JohnnyNemesis
01-18-2009, 04:22 PM
fghwushgg

ARIZONA CARDINALS FHVUOFH:LKB NFC PGKVJFIBHZ V JBFPH

NFC CHAMPDUIOGHVFOP D

WHAT?!?!?!

WebDudette
01-18-2009, 04:24 PM
Haha, I wish I cared about football at this point. Arizona Cardinals, hahaha.

IamSam
01-18-2009, 04:27 PM
For Ken Wisenhunt and Russ Grimm it would be ultimate retribution if the Cards beat the Steelers in the Super Bowl.

bighead384
01-18-2009, 05:01 PM
Arizona didn't win.

Arizona happened to have more points.

There's a difference.

If that doesn't make sense, please understand...I'm an Eagles fan. And I'm really annoyed right now.

Llamas
01-18-2009, 05:05 PM
I didn't watch that game. I'm more upset that my Gophers were upset and are going to lose their #17 ranking...

But go Steelers.

nieh
01-18-2009, 05:09 PM
I was surprised by how much the Eagles managed to come back. I didn't actually watch the game, but went out to dinner earlier and when I left there the score was 24 to 6, then when I got here, they were within a touchdown of tying.

randman21
01-18-2009, 05:14 PM
Looks like I switched my loyalties just in time. Not that I care about the Cards, but I usually go for the underdog when I don't like either team.

Go Steelers.

IamSam
01-18-2009, 05:31 PM
The Cards defense played way too soft throughout the second half. That's what I saw different.

arak0r
01-18-2009, 05:32 PM
Arizona didn't win.

Arizona happened to have more points.
im fairly certained in order to win you need to have more points, and arizona won that game. they choked in the second half but were able to come back and hold on. its not like philly was ROBBED by terrible officiating.

JohnnyNemesis
01-18-2009, 05:38 PM
Arizona kicked their asses, accept it.

Llamas
01-18-2009, 05:38 PM
Holy TD, Pittsburgh!

Thomas
01-18-2009, 06:33 PM
im fairly certained in order to win you need to have more points, and arizona won that game. they choked in the second half but were able to come back and hold on. its not like philly was ROBBED by terrible officiating.

Don't forget that ridiculously stupid call against the Cardinals in the first half where the ball was in by about a foot and Arizona recovered the ball, but the refs called it out. That was the only bad call I saw made in the game.

Besides, the Cardinals haven't won the championship in 61 years. It's about time.

bighead384
01-18-2009, 07:45 PM
Cards still seem like a bullshit team to me. It could be that I'm just bitter. They just seem unbalanced. They barely won today, it could've easily gone the other way.

WebDudette
01-18-2009, 07:47 PM

but it didn't :D!

bighead384
01-18-2009, 07:47 PM
Don't forget that ridiculously stupid call against the Cardinals in the first half where the ball was in by about a foot and Arizona recovered the ball, but the refs called it out. That was the only bad call I saw made in the game.

I don't think so. Cards didn't even challenge it.

There was definitely pass interference on Curtis on that last Eagles play. He grabbed his damn foot, causing him to drop the ball. That was a pretty damn big deal if you ask me. Although I can't blame everything on that call, I'd like to see someone sit next to me, watch that play with me, and tell me otherwise.

Al Coholic
01-18-2009, 07:50 PM
Cards still seem like a bullshit team to me. It could be that I'm just bitter. They just seem unbalanced. They barely won today, it could've easily gone the other way.

How many passes that we're idealy placed by Mcnabb we're flat out dropped in that game? I know Philly lost as a team. But for Eagles fans to beat up on Mcnabb is ridiculous.

Thomas
01-18-2009, 07:58 PM

There was definitely pass interference on Curtis on that last Eagles play. He grabbed his damn foot, causing him to drop the ball. That was a pretty damn big deal if you ask me. Although I can't blame everything on that call, I'd like to see someone sit next to me, watch that play with me, and tell me otherwise.

The Cards did challenge it, but the refs ruled it a non-reviewable play. I did see that and although it was hard to tell, it definitely should have been called. Those two calls, though, were the only unfairness the refs showed, and the one against the cardinals was a MUCH bigger deal.

And this:

but it didn't :D!

arak0r
01-18-2009, 07:58 PM
I'd like to see someone sit next to me, watch that play with me, and tell me otherwise.

id do it. youd still need a miracle to drive it down all the way for a score. i wanted philly to win but they got outplayed.

heres hoping zona can come out and play a full game like they played in the first half today. also hoping boldin will be fully healthy

bighead384
01-18-2009, 08:02 PM
Oh, I'm not blaming McNabb. I wasn't aware that he was getting a lot of blame for this game from fans.

Eagles played their worst, Cardinals played their best, and it STILL could've gone either way. That''s my feeling.

Thomas
01-18-2009, 08:04 PM
The Cards played their best in the first half, but holy crap did they suck in the second. If they REALLY went all out, I don't think the Eagles would have caught up at all.

JohnnyNemesis
01-18-2009, 08:05 PM
Shit, McGahee looks dead. I hope he'll be alright.

bighead384
01-18-2009, 08:07 PM
The Cards played their best in the first half, but holy crap did they suck in the second. If they REALLY went all out, I don't think the Eagles would have caught up at all.

?

Eagles were moving the chains the entire game!

Thomas
01-18-2009, 08:11 PM
?

Eagles were moving the chains the entire game!

Oh, I didn't deny that. The Cardinals were just unstoppable in the first half and crapped out in the second half until the very end.

Also, I was definitely hoping Baltimore would win. I think they'd be an easier opponent for the Cardinals. =P

IamSam
01-18-2009, 08:30 PM

If you can't catch a football that was in your hands because someones hand bounced off your foot you don't deserve to be playing. He barely touched the foot. Look at it again. He fell down and just kinda floundered around without causing that much of a disruption. True, the zebra's could have called it, but that would have been laughable because a ton of holding calls that weren't called against the Eagles interior line.

bighead384
01-19-2009, 12:45 PM
If you can't catch a football that was in your hands because someones hand bounced off your foot you don't deserve to be playing. He barely touched the foot. Look at it again. He fell down and just kinda floundered around without causing that much of a disruption. True, the zebra's could have called it, but that would have been laughable because a ton of holding calls that weren't called against the Eagles interior line.

That was clearly pass interference. I saw it again on Sportscenter. It's true that the ball touched his hands, but when you're in the act of running, and someone causes you to trip, your momentum while slamming to the ground unexpectedly makes it almost impossible to hold on to the ball. The reason he dropped that ball was a direct result of the contact from Arizona's defender.

I'll admit, you don't get a 24-6 lead by mistake, but I really just am not impressed by the way this Cardinals team plays the game. I think once the Eagles made some adjustments, they dominated, hence the second half. The Cards are a really unbalanced team that just finds ways to win somehow. I don't like that. It's bullshit. I think they're one of the top teams, but I don't think they deserve to be going to the Superbowl. Maybe people don't want to hear it because they think it's exciting to root for a loser team like the Cards, but I think it's true.

Al Coholic
01-19-2009, 12:49 PM
^ that's an overstatement. A ball that touches your hands should be caught. The only reasonable excuse is if you have a quality safety smack the fuck out of you the instant it touches your fingertips. Sure, pass interference should have been called, but he still should have caught that ball. And I doubt he would've anyway.

bighead384
01-19-2009, 12:51 PM
^ that's an overstatement. A ball that touches your hands should be caught. The only reasonable excuse is if you have a quality safety smack the fuck out of you the instant it touches your fingertips. Sure, pass interference should have been called, but he still should have caught that ball. And I doubt he would've anyway.

Getting tripped unexpectedly and trying to reach up to catch a ball while your slamming to ground is almost impossible. If you want to deny that, there's not much more I can say. It's just true.

Thomas
01-19-2009, 12:53 PM
Still, that one play didn't cost them the game at all. And again, it was an incorrect call, but it was only a mildly incorrect call. There was still that one against the cards in the first half that was COMPLETELY off that would have given the Cards AT LEAST another field goal, if not a touchdown.

bighead384
01-19-2009, 12:59 PM
Still, that one play didn't cost them the game at all. And again, it was an incorrect call, but it was only a mildly incorrect call. There was still that one against the cards in the first half that was COMPLETELY off that would have given the Cards AT LEAST another field goal, if not a touchdown.

You keep saying that, but as far I saw, they didn't even show a camera angle that would let someone make that decision. I don't know how you can think you're 100% sure about that. They kept showing it from the sideline, that's the worst angle possible to make that judgment. And c'mon. How goddamn rare is a bounce like that in the first place? That never happens. When does that ever happen? When do you ever see the punting team recover the ball on play that looks like that, where the ball looks like it's going to go out way down the field.

IamSam
01-19-2009, 01:20 PM
An unbalanced team? They have a greatly feared passing game and a decent enough run game through the playoffs that throws teams from just playing pass coverage. Their defense has played pretty damn well and they use some trickeration to throw off a defense.

All and all I think they are a pretty balanced football team. And Thomas is right. Even the head referee (Perieara?) said that the zebra crew got the kickoff call wrong.

Thomas
01-19-2009, 01:20 PM
You keep saying that, but as far I saw, they didn't even show a camera angle that would let someone make that decision. I don't know how you can think you're 100% sure about that. They kept showing it from the sideline, that's the worst angle possible to make that judgment. And c'mon. How goddamn rare is a bounce like that in the first place? That never happens. When does that ever happen? When do you ever see the punting team recover the ball on play that looks like that, where the ball looks like it's going to go out way down the field.

Every angle showed that the ball was a good 9 inches away from the sideline. You'd have to be blind not to see that. And it may be rare, but it definitely happened, and it would have been HUGE for Arizona.

bighead384
01-19-2009, 01:34 PM
An unbalanced team? They have a greatly feared passing game and a decent enough run game through the playoffs that throws teams from just playing pass coverage. Their defense has played pretty damn well and they use some trickeration to throw off a defense.

Alright, maybe the Cardinals slightly improved some aspects of their game during these playoffs, but you're basically just saying that in spite of me. It's laughable that you chose to begin your comment with "an unbalanced team?" as if that's some foreign concept and I'm the only one in the world that thinks that. Maybe they've shown improvement, but the only thing above average about them is their passing game. That's what they rely on to win games. What other team makes it to the Superbowl by excelling in one and only one area of play?

IamSam
01-19-2009, 02:18 PM
Alright, maybe the Cardinals slightly improved some aspects of their game during these playoffs, but you're basically just saying that in spite of me. It's laughable that you chose to begin your comment with "an unbalanced team?" as if that's some foreign concept and I'm the only one in the world that thinks that. Maybe they've shown improvement, but the only thing above average about them is their passing game. That's what they rely on to win games. What other team makes it to the Superbowl by excelling in one and only one area of play?

Um...the Steelers a couple of years ago ran a lot. Didn't the Patriots make it with an insane passing game last year? How about the one dimensional Ravens with good ole Trent "I went bald when I was 20" Dilfer at QB?

There have been plenty of one dimensional teams that have gone to the Super Bowl and won. I don't think at this point in the game though that the Cards are one dimensional. They've averaged over 100 yards in all their playoff games, including 140+ against the "amazing" Panthers defense.

But this isn't the first time a Super Bowl team lacked balance and then found it in the playoffs. The Super Bowl champion Colts came into the playoffs not being able to stop the run worth anything. They were a pass wacky offensive juggernaut with a defense that was as porous as the Titanic (circa 5 minutes after iceberg impact). Once they got to the playoffs though, the defense tightened up. The Colt's defense became something to be feared. And what happened? They one the game against a top defense in the league.

WebDudette
01-19-2009, 02:27 PM
Why are we still arguing? Eagles lost.

Al Coholic
01-19-2009, 03:13 PM
Um...the Steelers a couple of years ago ran a lot. Didn't the Patriots make it with an insane passing game last year? How about the one dimensional Ravens with good ole Trent "I went bald when I was 20" Dilfer at QB?

There have been plenty of one dimensional teams that have gone to the Super Bowl and won. I don't think at this point in the game though that the Cards are one dimensional. They've averaged over 100 yards in all their playoff games, including 140+ against the "amazing" Panthers defense.

But this isn't the first time a Super Bowl team lacked balance and then found it in the playoffs. The Super Bowl champion Colts came into the playoffs not being able to stop the run worth anything. They were a pass wacky offensive juggernaut with a defense that was as porous as the Titanic (circa 5 minutes after iceberg impact). Once they got to the playoffs though, the defense tightened up. The Colt's defense became something to be feared. And what happened? They one the game against a top defense in the league.

Yup. The 99 rams we're all offense, though they had a balanced run/pass attack. The 00 ravens were all defense and run out the clock with Jamal Lewis. The 02 Bucs had no running game, the best defense, and a consistent though not spectacular passing game.

The cards have a great passing game that is well enough complimented by the run to keep their defenses honest. You don't need a Marshal Faulk for Kurt Warner and a plethera of recievers to look good. You just need someone that can take advantage of a pass-contain defense. Their defense has stepped up, got good pressure and forced turnovers. Their special teams, which it seems everyone forgets in this forum have played solid enough too. They seem pretty balanced.

Al Coholic
02-02-2009, 09:33 AM
So I have nothing to do now...Baseball doesn't get going for a while...and The Lightning are rarely on television. Plus hockey is awful on TV and so are the Lightning this year.

renato piquette
02-02-2009, 09:42 AM
arriba los diablos del toluca!!!!
campeoes 08!!!!!!!!!!

Al Coholic
02-02-2009, 11:26 AM
Los Diablos del Toluca no es bueno. Los diablos es mui malo!!!!!!!

bighead384
02-02-2009, 03:09 PM
I was thinking about the way the NFL playoffs are designed. I really don't like how there's only one game played to decide who the better team is. Now I'm not sure if I have a better idea. But would you agree or disagree that playing one game is a poor way to determine the better team?

jacknife737
02-02-2009, 03:53 PM
I was thinking about the way the NFL playoffs are designed. I really don't like how there's only one game played to decide who the better team is. Now I'm not sure if I have a better idea. But would you agree or disagree that playing one game is a poor way to determine the better team?

In just about any other sport, i'd say that one game elimination is a poor way of determining playoff outcomes. However, Football is unique, since you can only really play one game a week; if it was more then one game elimination, then the playoffs would simply drag on for far too long. If anything, i actually prefer the current NFL playoff set up, since it seems to make upsets occur more frequently. If you choke, you're finished, no redemption.

Al Coholic
02-27-2009, 12:31 PM
Well the Bucs are done.

We cut our starting quarterback, and plan to start last year's third string guy

We cut Michael Bennet during the 08 season to make room for our 19 recievers, so now that we cut warrick dunn, that leave Graham and Cadillac. Cadillac has two torn petellar tendons, in different knees. He'll never be as good. And Graham's great but we haven't had a starting RB finish an entire season since 05, we have 1 running back. We have one reciever in Bryant, everyone else is cut, too old, or just another player that's essentially inconsequential.

Now we FUCKING CUT BROOKS AND JUNE. Fuck, we're done.

Atleast we got Winslow, but damn, this is gonna be a bad year.

IamSam
03-11-2009, 12:24 PM
Hitler is a Bills fan (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okhiJjuefPw)

JohnnyNemesis
03-11-2009, 12:37 PM
Hitler is Brett Favre.

IamSam
03-11-2009, 12:40 PM
Hitler is Brett Favre.

I would have gone with the anti-christ...

AP guy
03-11-2009, 01:42 PM
I've come to realize that Jay Cutler has lived up to the nickname that I gave him, Jay Cuntler. He needs to grow the fuck up. I'm tired of him whining and bitching and moaning. I mean, I still love the guy but seriously, if your going to act unprofessionally about the whole situation about trade rumers then he should just retire. Now he might not even show up to the first off season workout on Monday. Whatever, I'm tired of professional athletes bitching and moaning and acting like immature 5 year olds.

Al Coholic
03-11-2009, 04:01 PM
I've come to realize that Jay Cutler has lived up to the nickname that I gave him, Jay Cuntler. He needs to grow the fuck up. I'm tired of him whining and bitching and moaning. I mean, I still love the guy but seriously, if your going to act unprofessionally about the whole situation about trade rumers then he should just retire. Now he might not even show up to the first off season workout on Monday. Whatever, I'm tired of professional athletes bitching and moaning and acting like immature 5 year olds.

Well that's just the thing. The guy's a professional athelete. This isn't just football, this is a career. A few years, maybe a decade if you're lucky and that's it. You make all these investments in a team, as the franchise quarterback no less, only to find out that the new coach wanted to trade you first chance he got you're beyond pissed off. Now at this point I think it's more of a buisness thing, and I wouldn't be surprised if Cutler's agent helps him get something out of this...more guaranteed money, a new reciever or lineman. Something. I don't fully understand what he's going for but I I'm sure he's got his reasons for holding out, and it has nothing to do with hurt feelings.

AP guy
03-12-2009, 02:46 PM
Well that's just the thing. The guy's a professional athelete. This isn't just football, this is a career. A few years, maybe a decade if you're lucky and that's it. You make all these investments in a team, as the franchise quarterback no less, only to find out that the new coach wanted to trade you first chance he got you're beyond pissed off. Now at this point I think it's more of a buisness thing, and I wouldn't be surprised if Cutler's agent helps him get something out of this...more guaranteed money, a new reciever or lineman. Something. I don't fully understand what he's going for but I I'm sure he's got his reasons for holding out, and it has nothing to do with hurt feelings.

I understand the reasoning behind why he is upset but This is a professional Sport. Not a whole lot of players in professional sports, stays with the same team their whole career. At some point they either get traded or test the free agent market. Look at Trever Hoffman, he spent his whole career with the Padres and in what could be his last year playing Baseball, he signs with the Brewers. But I guess it's two different situations. Hoffman was a free agent and Cutler isnt.

Al Coholic
03-12-2009, 04:46 PM
Exactly, and that's what Cutler's doing. He's not crying that he almost didn't play for the Broncos because he wanted to stay with them untill retirement. He's probably talking to his agent daily, and his people are telling him what to do. They're comparable to a lawyer telling his client what to do. He might not even be that pissed over it, but that's the card they told him to play. I seriously doubt he'd jeapordize his career over this. Quite the opposite, what he's doing now is a career move. And that's professional sports for you. From the outside looking in it seems ridiculous, I'll give you that. But understandable.

Sidewinder
05-15-2009, 07:12 PM
Just stopped by to do a bit of gloating.

FALCONS HAVE GONZO. FUCK YES.

/gloat

Not Ozymandias
09-14-2009, 08:14 PM
Somewhere in Western New York an Aryan Hamster weeps tonight.

Apathy
09-14-2009, 08:31 PM
At least Drew Brees is happy.

jacknife737
09-14-2009, 08:35 PM
Even though we lost, i was pretty damn happy with my Titans showing against Pittsburgh.

arak0r
09-16-2009, 03:51 AM
Somewhere in Western New York an Aryan Hamster weeps tonight.
man since the new laptop and os install on the old pc i kinda forgot about this place, but i actually decided to come back and basically post this! was a fun game, even if i was going mental hitting refresh on the bb at work

Al Coholic
11-22-2009, 11:33 AM
Superbowl prediction:

Patriots over Vikings

What's yours?

jacknife737
11-22-2009, 03:05 PM
Same final, with the Vikings taking it.

Apathy
11-22-2009, 09:33 PM
I'm horrendously biased, but I find your predictions disgusting.

Sidewinder
11-22-2009, 11:10 PM
just stopped by to do a bit of gloating.

Falcons have gonzo. Fuck yes.

/gloat

And no defense.

By the way, superbowl:

Saints beat Bengals 41 - 24. Mark it, kids.

RickyCrack
11-23-2009, 08:33 AM
cinci won't make it to the superbowl. i wanna say colts and saints buttttt i don't think the colts will be able to make the long haul. But yea the saints are definitely going to win the bowl this year. If kyle orton gets and stays healthy and has a strong year i think denver has a strong shot at trying to have a chance to at least get a chance to play the saints in the big game.

Al Coholic
11-23-2009, 10:35 AM
The Saints defense isn't that great. Anybody that can hold the ball most of the game can beat them. I'm picking the Pats over them this weak.

Llamas
11-23-2009, 01:42 PM
Vikings aren't going to the SB. If you pair Vikings history with Favre history, you'll see a wonderful trend of having great season and then fucking it all up in the playoffs for no apparent reason.

I'm still holding out for a Denver - Green Bay super bowl... and though Green Bay is improving, something tragic seems to have come over my Broncos :( Soooooo... it's not really worth making picks so early, especially cause NO AND MN have nearly lost so many games they should've creamed... San Diego is rising up... I dunno. It's a good season.

AD90
11-23-2009, 03:52 PM
O hai we're 2 and 8.

Al Coholic
11-23-2009, 06:16 PM
Vikings aren't going to the SB. If you pair Vikings history with Favre history, you'll see a wonderful trend of having great season and then fucking it all up in the playoffs for no apparent reason.

I'm still holding out for a Denver - Green Bay super bowl... and though Green Bay is improving, something tragic seems to have come over my Broncos :( Soooooo... it's not really worth making picks so early, especially cause NO AND MN have nearly lost so many games they should've creamed... San Diego is rising up... I dunno. It's a good season.

I think the Vikings are the best team to beat NO. NO doesn't have a great run D, and AP can run all over them. Couple that with Brett Farve being more of a west coast guy, and they'll control enough clock to keep Brees to a minimum. Also, their defense can focus on the pass while their D-line alone is good enough to shut down running lanes. Match-up wise, they're best suited to beat the Saints in the NFC.

The Broncos were lucky to go 6-0. The emmaculate deflection sort of epitimizes that.

Sidewinder
11-24-2009, 04:12 AM
Saints have the 17th best overall defense; that's more than good enough with the offense paired with it. They also have one of the top 5 if not the top 1 or two SCORING defenses.

+Brett Favre throws picks; Darren Sharper runs them back.
+Brees > Favre
+Breesus > Judas

I think the Falcons will still make a wildcard spot, actually. We're 5-5 right now, but we play the Bucs twice and the Bills once, which is basically 3 easy wins. We can probably beat the Jets in NY, and Philly has to play in Atlanta which is definitely winnable and big in terms of a wildcard tie of some sort. Cowboys will win their division and Giants will make the wildcard from the NL East over the Eagles. The Colts will probably get a bye week in the first week of the playoffs, which is the only reason I think they'll go to the AFC championship game, where they'll lose because of the Bengals' superior defense.

Both teams will be tired from rough championship games (Saints vs Vikings, Bengals v Colts) and the poise Brees has shown coming back in the 4th quarter along with his entire team toughening up in crunch time makes me pick them over the Bengals.

Al Coholic
11-24-2009, 10:16 AM
That's because the Saints offense holds the ball. Their passing game is good enough that average running backs are doing great.

Forget rankings. The Vikings could run all over them, and their defense will be able to stop the run. So don't crown them based on misleading rankings. With the pressure the Vikings get, the Saints won't be able to set up a lot of their big pass plays. I've seen Sean Payton struggle and get impatient before - he's not a dink and dunk kinda guy.

Darren Sharper is a valid point, being a former Packer and Viking he's experienced with Favre and possibly still the Viking's scheme. It's not like you can't gameplan around a certain player or two though.

And before ya'll shit all over farve:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/stats/byposition?pos=QB

He has the highest QB rating, highest completion percentage, and FEWEST INTERCEPTIONS OF ANY QUARTERBACK TO START ALL SEASON. Not only that, but the percentage of interceptions he's thrown (out of all passing attempts) is less than 1%. The LOWEST IN THE LEAGUE SO FUCK YOU!

He's playing better, and the scheme he's in is designed to limit interceptions.

jacknife737
11-24-2009, 11:45 AM
I just wanted to say that I love Vince Young, so very, very much.

Llamas
11-24-2009, 11:56 AM
As much as I hate the Vikings, I have to admit that AP is a fucking stud. And I really hate how much credit Favre is getting for the Vikings' success, while I'm hearing so little about Peterson. I just keep hearing, "Favre leads his Vikings..." etc.

About the Broncos... what are you talking about? emmaculate deflection? I haven't actually been able to watch most games as I'm not in the US, so it might be something I'm unaware of...

Al Coholic
11-24-2009, 02:09 PM
In game 1 against the Bengels, they'd all but lost. On a 4th down pass, Orton was deflected by a Cincinnati corner. The ball hit the defenders hand and lazily drifted downfield....into Brandon Stokely's hands, who wasn't even the intended reciever. He caught it and ran down for a touchdown, because the safties moved up when the ball was thrown. Youtube it, it's pretty awesome. But not an indication of skill by the Broncos.

Sidewinder
11-25-2009, 02:30 AM
Yeah, Broncos shouldn't be above 5-5 at this point, if that.

Apathy
11-26-2009, 08:40 PM
He has the highest QB rating, highest completion percentage, and FEWEST INTERCEPTIONS OF ANY QUARTERBACK TO START ALL SEASON. Not only that, but the percentage of interceptions he's thrown (out of all passing attempts) is less than 1%. The LOWEST IN THE LEAGUE SO FUCK YOU!

I've watched enough Packer games to know that this won't last. I will shit bricks if he manages to stay in the top three for least interceptions.

Al Coholic
11-26-2009, 11:40 PM
wouldn't. Controlling the clock is a textbook, underrated way of winning. AP's enough of a force that defenses are very focused on him, making it easier for whoever the Vikings QB is. They got to the playoffs before Rice had his breakout, without Harvin, using TARVARIS JACKSON?!?! Yeah.

Essentially they just have to put together a few good drives and run out the clock. The opposition knows that when they're ahead late in the game they'll run and AP gets it done anyway. So it's very easy to pepper in a few PA's and quickpasses (screens, slants, etc) that are designed to be high completion, low-risk plays.

Like I said, the scheme is such that he's not in a position to throw many INT's. He's not hucking it downfield, he's got great blocking and time to throw. I mean shit...

Sidewinder
11-27-2009, 06:18 PM
Tavaris Jackson is barely second string. I like Rosenthal more, tbh. They should trade one or the other for a third round pick or something.

Al Coholic
11-30-2009, 07:21 PM
TJ has a potentially big upside. Being benched like this fucks his value up. They might be able to re-sign him for cheap, give him some more time to learn. He's an allright backup now, maybe in he has a breakout season in 2011? If not he's still an allright backup, definately worth hangin onto.

Apathy
11-30-2009, 08:17 PM
He's one of those guys who has a very strong arm and is fairly mobile as well, but even with all that talent can't seem to get anything done.

Could be worse, he's not Jamarcus Russell.

IamSam
11-30-2009, 08:49 PM
Soooo...Mike McKenzie?

Sidewinder
11-30-2009, 09:12 PM
Bow down to the Saints and Breesus!

Al Coholic
11-30-2009, 11:44 PM
Soooo...Mike McKenzie?

Why not? He's coming off an injury but he used to be pretty good.

I thought this one would be a lot closer. New England was just off their game on a lot of plays.

Sidewinder
12-01-2009, 10:40 AM
Why not? He's coming off an injury but he used to be pretty good.

He's coming off nearly a season of unemployment and has had 4 days of practice with a new coordinator / system, as well. Not to mention he's old. Like, old old.

Al Coholic
12-01-2009, 10:54 AM
He's 33. Some corners can do it into their 30's. Ty Law, Champ Baily, Ronde Barber...

I'm not sold on him as an every game starter, far from it. But no reason he can't have some good moments.

Sidewinder
12-03-2009, 12:31 AM
He's 33. Some corners can do it into their 30's. Ty Law, Champ Baily, Ronde Barber...

I'm not sold on him as an every game starter, far from it. But no reason he can't have some good moments.

Oh no, I completely agree. Just saying that's why it was very unexpected.

Al Coholic
12-28-2009, 10:26 AM
Bwahahahaha

Fuck each and every one of you that crowned the Saints just because they went a while without a loss and have an outstanding passing offense. Their defense and special teams gave up 20 unanswered points and lost the game after being up 17-0.

TO THE FUCKING TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS JOSH FREEMAN AHHHHHAAAAHAAA FUCK YOOOOOOOOOUU.

Al Coholic
12-28-2009, 10:29 AM
I'm still holding out for a Denver - Green Bay super bowl.

1997 called, they want this lame "(insert year) called..." expression back.

Sidewinder
12-28-2009, 11:33 AM
The Saints are still a pretty fantastic team.

And the Falcons! If we can beat the Bucs, WINNING SEASON X2 OMG.

Al Coholic
12-28-2009, 11:43 AM
Yeah, but the hype around em is kind of annoying and I'm glad that the critic's pants have dried a little. They're great, but beatable. If they play the Vikings in the playoffs, ofcourse it could go either way, but I think they should be considered marginal underdogs(home field not accounted for).

IamSam
12-28-2009, 12:55 PM
Bwahahahaha

Fuck each and every one of you that crowned the Saints just because they went a while without a loss and have an outstanding passing offense. Their defense and special teams gave up 20 unanswered points and lost the game after being up 17-0.

TO THE FUCKING TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS JOSH FREEMAN AHHHHHAAAAHAAA FUCK YOOOOOOOOOUU.

This is all I can say. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_N1OjGhIFc)

Llamas
12-28-2009, 03:41 PM
1997 called, they want this lame "(insert year) called..." expression back.

lol. Wasn't that 1998? I could be wrong, but didn't green bay win 97 and then lose to denver in 98? Anyway, that was the best super bowl ever for me... My two favorite teams. Looks like green bay is playoff bound and denver isn't. I heart my packers, but i sort of expect us to lose in the first round. But i'm happy regardless, after the disappointment of last year. Speaking of last year, here's hoping this year's playoffs are less irritating...

Al Coholic
12-28-2009, 04:12 PM
Packers won in the 96 season, Broncos beat the Packers in the 97 season(though the superbowl took place in January of 98). Broncos won again in the 98 season against Atlanta.

You never know in the playoffs. Everybody'll be picking Minnesota or New Orleans. But they don't play untill the divisional round, nobody in the wild card round really impresses me besides the Eagles, so your chances are good. It's too bad you didn't win the division, because Lambeau would've been tough as hell for anyone in January, especially Dallas or Arizona.

Llamas
12-28-2009, 04:33 PM
Packers won in the 96 season, Broncos beat the Packers in the 97 season(though the superbowl took place in January of 98). Broncos won again in the 98 season against Atlanta.
i disagree. No fuck you're right. Too long ago :(

You never know in the playoffs. Everybody'll be picking Minnesota or New Orleans. But they don't play untill the divisional round, nobody in the wild card round really impresses me besides the Eagles, so your chances are good. It's too bad you didn't win the division, because Lambeau would've been tough as hell for anyone in January, especially Dallas or Arizona.

the eagles scare me. I agree about lambeau, though we have a nasty history of being beaten at home by the cowboys... But homefield advantage is always bigger for us than most teams. Oh well. I don't think minnesota will get there, but if they win the nfc i'll probably cheer for them despite the rivalry... Midwest represent!

Brownie08
12-28-2009, 06:15 PM
Green Bay Baby!!!!

Sidewinder
12-28-2009, 06:59 PM
I don't trust the Eagles' ability to stay consistent throughout the playoffs with back to back to back games against very good teams. I'm holding with my Bengals / Saints prediction, though I don't think the Saints will win as convincingly over the Vikings as I had originally thought.

Llamas
12-28-2009, 08:44 PM
Yeah the eagles could be a false threat. We'll see... Vikings are sure not proving themselves super bowl worthy right now... And as i find myself uttering the words 'go bears' for the first time in my life, i realize that i an bitter and want nothing more than vikings losses. So i take back my earlier comment about the midwest and representing. Fuck the vikes!

IamSam
12-28-2009, 08:48 PM
Go Bears Go! My Cards need the Vikings to lose so they have a shot at the 2 seed!

IamSam
12-28-2009, 10:32 PM
Go Bears Go! My Cards need the Vikings to lose so they have a shot at the 2 seed!

DA Bears Da Bears Da Bears!

Sidewinder
12-29-2009, 04:02 AM
Vandy alum REPRESENT. Cutler's only INT was because they were making him throw in the stupidest situations. I swear a fair sized portion of the crap he gets is the staff's fault; the Bears were never a pass-happy team before he got there. Yeah, he's a good quarterback, but the Bears didn't (and don't) have the right personnel to be that type of team right now. They changed their entire gameplan around the arrival of one guy when they weren't ready to.

Llamas
12-29-2009, 06:39 AM
I liked cutler and was disappointed that denver looked to replace him. Then he acted like a big baby and i hate the bears so i generally don't cheer for him anymore. But last night... I feel so dirty and wrong. But i am so. Glad. That the bears took down the vikes. Now the giants have to do the same and we gotta take care of the cardinals... It can be done!

Sidewinder
12-29-2009, 05:39 PM
I like the Bears if only for the fact that like, 5/5 or 5/6 of all Vandy NFL players are Bears.

IamSam
12-29-2009, 05:53 PM
I like the Bears if only for the fact that like, 5/5 or 5/6 of all Vandy NFL players are Bears.

I thought it was 5/11?

Apathy
12-30-2009, 12:05 AM
That the bears took down the vikes. Now the giants have to do the same and we gotta take care of the cardinals... It can be done!

I'm not so sure I want these things to happen though... We're already clinched for the playoffs so it might just be a better idea to play through the cardinals on cruise control to try and get a feel for next week because there's a decent chance we'll play them round 1 of the playoffs. Of course, If the Vikings win then the cardinals probably will be resting their stars as well because they can't get a bye week anyway.

RickyCrack
12-30-2009, 03:13 AM
the bears trading away kyle orton (from purdue) was a terrible, terrible move. I hate this common thinking that if you can't pass the ball then the problem is your qb and not your receivers. Instead of trading away players i like my bears should get some wide receivers and line men. SRSLY, THEY'RE RUINING MATT FORTE. jesus christ.

Sidewinder
12-30-2009, 05:16 AM
get some wide receivers and line men. SRSLY, THEY'RE RUINING MATT FORTE. jesus christ.

asdfdsfsda yes. This applies to a few different teams; DETROIT, JACKSONVILLE, ST. LOUIS, I'M LOOKING AT YOU.

Al Coholic
12-31-2009, 06:17 AM
Jax actually drafted and started 2 OTs that have held up pretty well for rookies. Drafting recievers has been a problem. Matt Jones was a bust, Reggie Nelson was a bust, but Mike Sims-Walker seems to be working out nicely.

I really wanted the Bucs to draft Suh in the first round, but it appears we won't after all. They've managed to suck at everything this year, including losing. We looked so promising at 1-12, but now look at us. 3-12 and we might even win on Sunday. They're calling this guy the best DT to come through the draft in decades, and if the Rams don't get him (which they should) I'm sure the Browns or the Lions will. Fuck.

Apathy
01-01-2010, 01:24 PM
Yes, whoever gets Suh is looking at a goldmine right about now, but with all this hype I'm really hoping he lives up to it once he hits the NFL. The Rams are in dire need of a QB and if they have the first pick I don't see how they can't take Suh, but they should really consider trading down letting someone else grab him and take Bradford or, ugh, Clausen. Jake Locker would have worked nicely I think but he's going on for his senior season if I'm not mistaken.

IamSam
01-01-2010, 02:01 PM
Yes, whoever gets Suh is looking at a goldmine right about now, but with all this hype I'm really hoping he lives up to it once he hits the NFL. The Rams are in dire need of a QB and if they have the first pick I don't see how they can't take Suh, but they should really consider trading down letting someone else grab him and take Bradford or, ugh, Clausen. Jake Locker would have worked nicely I think but he's going on for his senior season if I'm not mistaken.

Yeah, Locker is staying in school. At this point in time the Rams could draft pretty much anyone and be fine. During the Cardinals game something like 32 of the 46 players that took snaps were 5th-7th rounders.

Al Coholic
01-01-2010, 05:00 PM
Or Tebow?

Yeah I'm all for the Bucs trading up with the Rams, but it'll never ever happen.

God dammit man, I'm so pissed. A pointless season is capped off with a 4th overall pick. The last time the bucs picked 4th, we missed Calvin Johnson AND Joe Thomas, AND passed over Adrian Peterson for:

drumoll:

GAINES ADAMS!!!!!??????????????????????????

Yeah I'm still pissed about that and that was 2.5 years ago. Gruden's a good coach man but he can't draft for shit.