PDA

View Full Version : Clowns of Death?

sbazzone
11-04-2008, 08:57 AM
ssssssssss

Cock Joke
11-04-2008, 08:58 AM
Some Wikipedia article said that at night, Manic Subsidal would put on clown make-up and pass themselves off as that band.

randman21
11-04-2008, 09:25 AM
Kinda like Green Day with The Network! Except they just use masks. Thanks for finding this, sbazzone. I knew that band had something to do with clowns.

randman21
11-04-2008, 09:34 AM
Haha, well, I was vaguely familiar with the band, but when someone had asked about it a while ago, all I could think of was Killer Clowns. I was almost there, you see.

Dexter_italy
11-04-2008, 09:37 AM
Come on, it's wiki, I can go there and write that Dexter wrote a song for axel roses, and during that time axel saw his braids and copied'em!

randman21
11-04-2008, 09:38 AM
I've never read this on Wikipedia. I first found this out from a more reputable place, though I can't recall what it was.

come out swinging
11-04-2008, 10:15 AM
i don't like clowns.

holland25
11-04-2008, 11:50 AM
I'm not sure if Dexter was in the band, but some of the ex-members of The Offspring were involved. I think that only true name mentioned is James', but I'm not 100% sure.

SK8rocka
11-04-2008, 01:16 PM
Interesting, yet vaguely familiar in the centipede of true (wtf)
but does that explain why dexter was on teh drums in dat video , hmmm???

:confused:

renato piquette
11-04-2008, 03:00 PM
What is this group?

http://www.gracenote.com/search/artist.php?contributor_id=170 - this say that dexter was the guitarist even before forming the manic subsidal, and noodles and lilja were in this band too!

mtv.es -> http://www.mtv.es/musica/artistas/offspring
in spanish say the same things!

someone know more of this band?

that MTV link says nothing but crap,they say Guttermouth are from Europe,and also that The Offspring is a mediocre band that has only 2 good songs (Pretty Fly and WDYGAJ acoording to this retard)

renato piquette
11-04-2008, 03:01 PM

he was jamming only,he wasn´t the drummer

Biggest offspring fan
11-04-2008, 03:29 PM
What is this group?

http://www.gracenote.com/search/artist.php?contributor_id=170 - this say that dexter was the guitarist even before forming the manic subsidal, and noodles and lilja were in this band too!

mtv.es -> http://www.mtv.es/musica/artistas/offspring
in spanish say the same things!

someone know more of this band?

Well, you have the answer in this thread:

http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23005

It's already discussed.

_Lost_
11-04-2008, 04:16 PM
I got nothing from that discussion when it was first started two years ago. The only thing I got from it this time was that some obscure member from '06 quoted me in their signature. Somehow my life has meaning now.

They've all joked about Clowns of Death, but who knows if there is any truth behind it. They all said it was dexter greg noodles and james lilja (i.e. the original line-up for manic subsidal). Maybe Clowns of Death is some inside joke between them.

holland25
11-05-2008, 07:16 AM

At first when Manic Subsidal started practicing it was only Dexter on drums and Greg on bass. Later they hired (or whatever) Jim Benton on drums, Doug Thompson on vocals and Dexter started playing guitar. When Doug left, Dexter took for the vocals and Noodles was hired to play guitar and James Lilja started to play drums.

_Lost_
11-05-2008, 07:19 AM
ok so does those replies means that we'll never know the truth about this band or joke band or fake band or whatever?
noone knows other stuff?

just like many other things about the offspring, we will never know. you could ask them if you ever meet them. but as has been proven, you can never trust noodles and it probably goes the same for everyone else. :p

Biggest offspring fan
11-05-2008, 07:39 AM
Well all info that i can find on Clowns Of Death is this:

Clowns Of Death was Noodles side project. He was in Clowns Of Death before he joined Manic Subsidal. Dexter and Greg were playing with James Lilja. Then Dexter and Greg met Noodles at a social d gig. And they decided to form a band called Manic Subsidal.

Interview whith Greg:

"Ehhh, I, I accually played in a diffirent band with Dexter and our old drummer James, and ahm, we're The Clowns Of Death... yeah.". Then som laughter. "And ah, and then... Dexter stole our drummer and, so that band was no longer, and then they asked me to join."

Old members:

Doug 'kucouyf' Thompson (singer, 1984–1985)
Jim Benton (guitar, 1984–1985)
James Lilja (drums, 1985–1986)
Ron Welty (drums, 1986–2003)

Little_Miss_1565
11-05-2008, 07:39 AM
They've all joked about Clowns of Death, but who knows if there is any truth behind it. They all said it was dexter greg noodles and james lilja (i.e. the original line-up for manic subsidal). Maybe Clowns of Death is some inside joke between them.

It's true, no one but them seems to know for sure if they ever actually performed under the name. But the name is kind of a joke anyway -- Oingo Boingo used to perform under the name Clowns of Death when they wanted to play a surprise show at a small venue. I would guess the band would joke about stealing the name so that people would turn out in droves thinking they were going to see Oingo Boingo. :)

KrispyNotKrunchy
11-05-2008, 06:37 PM
I think I've seen this before although I can't remember where. But I remember when I was semi-new to Offspring and I learned this as well as the fact that Dexter, Noodles, and Greg all have masters degrees; and that Dex met Noodles while he was in high school and Noodles was the janitor.

_Lost_
11-05-2008, 09:39 PM
the clowns of death stories do a very good job of contradicting whats generally accepted as the reason they know noodles.

Alex101
11-05-2008, 09:44 PM
I've never heard of this band, but I don't remember Dexter being in a band before he started Manic Subsidal/The Offspring, or I assume it was the same band he was in back in 1983, which is this video clip (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjxloVHyzQ0). He would've still been in high school when he started a band before Manic Subsidal/The Offspring even existed.

randman21
11-06-2008, 04:09 AM
When I had first read about Clowns of Death, it was described as a jam band. Nothing too serious, they'd just get together onstage and do whatever it is that jam bands do.

the clowns of death stories do a very good job of contradicting whats generally accepted as the reason they know noodles.
I thought they knew him from high school. Maybe not. *shrugs*

iPunk247
11-06-2008, 07:19 PM
i don't like clowns.

ew and ew. all clowns are all ugly and especially when they laugh and smile :eek: i so tend to popped their stupid dumb shit ballooms just 4 kicks duuuuh lol