PDA

View Full Version : Obama taking the lead!

_Lost_
11-04-2008, 06:14 PM
The count right now:

Obama - 102 electoral votes
McCain - 34 votes

Who knows how it will go as the western states start closing their polls.

Looks like NC is turning blue!

jacknife737
11-04-2008, 06:33 PM
Well, the Democrats usually do well early on, just because a lot of major democratic states are first to close their polls, however, Obama is doing quite well. I still hate every fucking pundit that suggested that McCain may have taken Pennsylvania, anyone with half a brain knew it was going blue. Florida, and North Carolina are looking good for the democrats, although there are only a small percentage of precincts reporting, still though, i think my prediction in the other thread is going to be quite accurate.

Edit: Also, the Dems just stole a senate seat; Dole is out of there.

randman21
11-04-2008, 07:02 PM
The count right now:

Obama - 102 electoral votes
McCain - 34 votes

Who knows how it will go as the western states start closing their polls.

Looks like NC is turning blue!
We bleed blue, through and through, baby!

Edit: Dole is out of there.
qpeopqijsanfdnsx!!!YYYYYEEESSS! Dammit, Erskine Bowles couldn't do it...twice, and I definitely didn't think Hagan had the support. You should have seen the disgusting attack ads I got in the mail against her. Not that that has anything to do with it.

_Lost_
11-04-2008, 07:25 PM
Obama is up to 196!

jacknife737
11-04-2008, 07:30 PM
With Ohio, so goes the nation. McCain would have to steal a blue state to win this thing.

cool 2 hate 681
11-04-2008, 07:31 PM
Yeah if John McCain makes it I'd be amazed Just to find tomorrow

_Lost_
11-04-2008, 07:36 PM
yeah, but its starting to seem he may lose the lead in NC. Its really close right now.

offspringer24
11-04-2008, 07:40 PM
It's not my place really being english 'n' all, but i don't understand why everyone has gone for obama, immigration policy? war against terrorism policy? ... no fucking policy?

his opposition....

i must admit i know fuck all about mcain?, but everyone seems to be so keen to have a black president that it does'nt (at the moment) matter if he can do the job!

it's obviously my own point of view and it makes no difference, i just think too many young people who know fuck all (and not saying i do) vote nowadays. english/american it seems too many young people vote without really knowing what the fucks going on

anyway.... last sensible (or not) post you'll ever get from me!

so check out www. (you know the rest) :D

_Lost_
11-04-2008, 07:47 PM
most of the nation does that. its sad but its true. the choice in sarah palin and mccains age certainly don't help. why do you think kennedy became president? he looked better on tv. television screwed nixon in that race.

jacknife737
11-04-2008, 07:50 PM
why do you think kennedy became president? he looked better on tv. television screwed nixon in that race.

And history would prove that superficial judgment to be 100% accurate.

randman21
11-04-2008, 07:51 PM
Can someone explain to me how they can project a win in a particular state with so few precincts reporting?

_Lost_
11-04-2008, 07:54 PM
hahaha! looks like the "elizabeth dole was ranked 93rd in effectiveness" ads did their job. this is the first time that senate seat has been held by a democrat since the 70s.

and randman i have no clue.

and jacknife, rofl

offspringer24
11-04-2008, 07:56 PM
arrrrrgh loud noises!!!!! :D all im hearing is "racism" this " racism" that black people get over yourselves.... white people... the same.... ffs have we really not got past this shit?

jacknife737
11-04-2008, 07:59 PM
Can someone explain to me how they can project a win in a particular state with so few precincts reporting?

Exit polls http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exit_poll

Essentially, people are asked when they exit the voting booth, who they voted for. They then factor that into pre-election polls and previous voting patters and then can predict, with accuracy who is going to win.

randman21
11-04-2008, 08:04 PM
arrrrrgh loud noises!!!!! :D all im hearing is "racism" this " racism" that black people get over yourselves.... white people... the same.... ffs have we really not got past this shit?
No, not really.

Exit polls http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exit_poll

Essentially, people are asked when they exit the voting booth, who they voted for. They then factor that into pre-election polls and previous voting patters and then can predict, with accuracy who is going to win.
Ahhh, thanks. Makes perfect sense. Perhaps I should read more.

Now, I have to work, where I will be completely in the dark about what going on until the papers come out (I work at the newspaper).

_Lost_
11-04-2008, 08:08 PM

unfortunately not.

on the bright side, having a minority candidate has gotten more people to vote than in years.

shit its gonna be tight in NC. the votes are really close

have fun in the dark randman!

sKratch
11-04-2008, 08:20 PM
He's got it in the bag. I'm calling it right now. 202 projected votes right now, plus california will go to him, that's 257. Then count washington, oregon, arizona (lolz)... there's no way he doesn't have it.

Edit: He's also leading Florida for 27, but I'm not putting any money on that one...

offspringer24
11-04-2008, 08:25 PM
too many people vote too young.... proof

don't hurt iraq... they've been soooo good to us?????

bring our troops back home.... we sign up for fuck all????? (i'm being harsh i know)

he must be our next president... he's black?????? (im not racist in any sense of the word, but soo many seem to want him for this reason only)

he spent a fuck load of money (during a fucking worldwide financial breakdown) advertising himself and (to me) selling himself like a dirty 'prozzie' to people all over the world

... THEN AGAIN

i really hope people badger obama like they did bush, because i know for a fact he will say EVEN more incriminating things.. but they won't because

yeah you guessed it

i'm always for democracy.... this is not it (to me)

HeadAroundU
11-04-2008, 08:29 PM
/\ and it feeeeeeeeeels...

...and it feeeeeeels like Obama has won elections...

nieh
11-04-2008, 08:30 PM
offspringer24 should probably not keep replying to this thread.

barangatang
11-04-2008, 08:32 PM
i'm always for democracy.... this is not it (to me)

HAHAHA

He won Ohio. This is splendid.

_Lost_
11-04-2008, 08:39 PM

hahaha!

well shiiit... mccain has pulled into the lead in NC

offspringer24
11-04-2008, 08:40 PM

probably not no.... but i will :D

ive been watching an english and an american talking bollox for hours... it's been a fancy election.

america is THE most powerful country in the world and personally iv'e always felt comforted knowing we;re good friends

but pulling troops out of iraq????

obama might be a top man... but for me the 'racism' card is being played WAY too often

_Lost_
11-04-2008, 08:47 PM
but pulling troops out of iraq????

umm.... how is this an arguement? Its something that should happen. not all at once or immediately, but it NEEDS to happen

nieh
11-04-2008, 08:50 PM
obama might be a top man... but for me the 'racism' card is being played WAY too often
I think I've heard it more from you in this thread than everywhere else in the last month put together.

_Lost_
11-04-2008, 08:52 PM
I think I've heard it more from you in this thread than everywhere else in the last month put together.

more than that. The race has long since moved past his minority status. I haven't heard much of anything about it for a good long time.

XYlophonetreeZ
11-04-2008, 08:58 PM
I am fucking ecstatic about the defeat of Elizabeth Dole.

WebDudette
11-04-2008, 09:03 PM
So Obama has essentially won right? He has like 250 and California hasn't voted yet.

nieh
11-04-2008, 09:04 PM
They're already calling Obama as the winner.

jacknife737
11-04-2008, 09:07 PM
So the country of Slavery, Jim Crow and segregation just elected a black president, with Hussein as a middle name; if i was American, i'd feel pretty good right now.

_Lost_
11-04-2008, 09:08 PM
I am fucking ecstatic about the defeat of Elizabeth Dole.

you from carolina de norte?

So the country of Slavery, Jim Crow and segregation just elected a black president, with Hussein as a middle name; if i was American, i'd feel pretty good right now.

well i do... even though i didn't get to vote

HeadAroundU
11-04-2008, 09:11 PM
It's just a first step. He is half white. :d