PDA

View Full Version : barack obama has won the 2008 election

cool 2 hate 681
11-04-2008, 09:02 PM
obama will be the 44th president of the usa

:eek::eek::eek:

Rag Doll
11-04-2008, 09:03 PM
i am thrilled. just shocked they know already.

_Lost_
11-04-2008, 09:09 PM
GO AMERICA!

*is so proud of her country*

Camilamazed
11-04-2008, 09:11 PM
I've never seen the boards this quiet.

cool 2 hate 681
11-04-2008, 09:12 PM
i just don't know what to say

offspringer24
11-04-2008, 09:16 PM
yey, not only are us english a big fucking gay ultra pc country but our owners (cans) are also as gay if not more

we will be out of iraq soon... great... that will solve everything

Cock Joke
11-04-2008, 09:19 PM
I didn't expect to find out until 2:00 am just about. Anyway, I'm not surprised as he seemed to be the favorite candidate throughout the whole thing.

offspringing
11-04-2008, 09:21 PM
I'm so happy

HeadAroundU
11-04-2008, 09:26 PM
Congratulation, the USA. HAU approves!

Jebus
11-04-2008, 09:27 PM
Wow, that Obama crowd is full of jerks. They're booing McCain for no reason, even when he's saying positive things about Obama. Show some class people.

PS: woooo!

Llamas
11-04-2008, 09:30 PM
Wow, that Obama crowd is full of jerks. They're booing McCain for no reason, even when he's saying positive things about Obama. Show some class people.

The McCain crowd is booing continuously as McCain is congratulating Obama. It's the same on both sides.

jacknife737
11-04-2008, 09:32 PM
Great speech by McCain. Perhaps if he was that heartfelt throughout the campaign, things would have been closer.

Jebus
11-04-2008, 09:33 PM
The McCain crowd is booing continuously as McCain is congratulating Obama. It's the same on both sides.
You know. I didn't think of that.

OffspringHead
11-04-2008, 09:33 PM

The McCain crowd booed Obama too. It's been an emotional race and now its over. The Republicans are very very bitter. Bitter enough to assassinate maybe? We'll see.

But all I have to say is, better Obama than McCain

And if Obama gets shot and dies, Better Biden than Palin.

Jebus
11-04-2008, 09:34 PM
The McCain crowd booed Obama too. It's been an emotional race and now its over. The Republicans are very very bitter. Bitter enough to assassinate maybe? We'll see.
holy fuck, what the hell is wrong with you?

_Lost_
11-04-2008, 09:35 PM
wow! People are running from their dorms by the hundreds! Its insane! i would go to but I managed to bugger up my knee earlier today and so stairs, running, walking, bending, or straightening my knee are no good.

EDIT: I think the disappointed statuses on facebook are really the highlight of the night.

Apathy
11-04-2008, 09:37 PM

er.

ha... heh.

wow. That's kinda fucked.

OffspringHead
11-04-2008, 09:37 PM
holy fuck, what the hell is wrong with you?

Hey man. I'm all for a black president. I'm for Obama (somewhat). But think of all the confederate nazis in the south that are loading their shotguns right now. Have an open mind and realize people like that don't want to be represented by a black man.

Llamas
11-04-2008, 09:39 PM
Great speech by McCain. Perhaps if he was that heartfelt throughout the campaign, things would have been closer.

I fully agree.

Apathy
11-04-2008, 09:42 PM
Hey man. I'm all for a black president. I'm for Obama (somewhat). But think of all the confederate nazis in the south that are loading their shotguns right now. Have an open mind and realize people like that don't want to be represented by a black man.

I think he was more pointing out the detached way you were talking about it, as if like you were commenting on some sort of game.

Not the president getting killed for a ridiculous reason.

cool 2 hate 681
11-04-2008, 09:44 PM

obama won not even a hour ago and people are already talking about assassination

man that is fucked up

WebDudette
11-04-2008, 09:48 PM
Uhh... people have been talking about assassination since he announced he was running.

Autonomist
11-04-2008, 09:48 PM
The other forum I frequent has a thread up called "What do you think Obama will be assassinated with?"

OffspringHead
11-04-2008, 09:49 PM
I think he was more pointing out the detached way you were talking about it, as if like you were commenting on some sort of game.

Not the president getting killed for a ridiculous reason.

Of course it's a ridiculous reason. But there are people who will try their best to kill him. There are always people like that. And especially now because there is a black man that will run the country. It's not like everybody of all colors in the country holds hands and sing songs. There are people that burn crosses and sing songs about killing black people. And those people are going to try to get to him. Like it or not.

And I'm sorry if he saw it that way. I don't sugarcoat anything. I say everything the way it is and speak the blunt and honest truth.

_Lost_
11-04-2008, 09:49 PM
its going to continue to be a point of discussion. thats life. thats what we get for a minority president. But this is HUGE! Now all we need is a muslim black gay female president... maybe there should be some steps in between

Jebus
11-04-2008, 09:50 PM
What Apathy said. You sound like one of those solicits at the end of a soap opera. Bitter enough to assassinate maybe? Find out in the next exciting episode of xxx! It was also a pretty weird train of though. Going from bitter to murder.

The_Noose
11-04-2008, 09:52 PM
Congrats Obama!

OffspringHead
11-04-2008, 09:55 PM
What Apathy said. You sound like one of those solicits at the end of a soap opera. Bitter enough to assassinate maybe? Find out in the next exciting episode of xxx! It was also a pretty weird train of though. Going from bitter to murder.

Dude. Stop thinking that everyone in this country loves him and is going to leave him alone. Popular vote was 51 to 48. Thats 48% of the country who didn't want him to be president. Thats 44,081,415 people. Within that number, how many of those people do you think voted McCain simply and only because Obama is black. I'd say at least 1% of those people. That is 440,814 people. Um. It's obviously a pretty good chance that one of those 440 thousand people will take a shot at him. So stop being so ignorant.

JohnnyNemesis
11-04-2008, 09:57 PM
No black man could possibly even run for president without knowing that he could very well be assasinated. He knows this. Let's not even talk about it!

Barack Obama is the president oh holy shit YES!!!

_Lost_
11-04-2008, 09:58 PM
No black man could possibly even run for president without knowing that he could very well be assasinated. He knows this. Let's not even talk about it!

this.

anyone who disagrees should stfu.

OffspringHead
11-04-2008, 10:00 PM
this.

anyone who disagrees should stfu.

Thank you. Tell that to the retards who thinks were one Obama loving nation.

XYlophonetreeZ
11-04-2008, 10:01 PM
w00t .

_Lost_
11-04-2008, 10:05 PM
Thank you. Tell that to the retards who thinks were one Obama loving nation.

i wasn't agreeing with you or your approach to the topic in the slightest. We realize he is not liked by everyone. But he has always been favored it seems. that is what people are saying here.

Also, don't forget that EVERYONE will realize the risk and all will be watching closer. He will probably have more protection than any president in history.

Jebus
11-04-2008, 10:07 PM
retards who thinks were one Obama loving nation.
Who the hell thinks that? How did you come to that conclusion that anyone would think that? Of course I know there's always the chance of an assassination attempt. What bothered me was that you sounded like it's just some bet going on and you're anxious to find out who wins for your own entertainment value.

OffspringHead
11-04-2008, 10:08 PM
i wasn't agreeing with you or your approach to the topic in the slightest. We realize he is not liked by everyone. But he has always been favored it seems. that is what people are saying here.

Also, don't forget that EVERYONE will realize the risk and all will be watching closer. He will probably have more protection than any president in history.
Most definitely. But all it takes is one fuck up by a secret service agent to get a shot off. I'm not saying he'll get hit. But it's a possibility.

Say an agent gets a call from his 16 year old son that just got his license. He knows he can't answer but gets nervous to maybe he got into a car accident. He picks up his phone and says he needs to call him back. In that time, a shot could be taken and the president can be dead. Those are opportunities a hitman will be looking for.

OffspringHead
11-04-2008, 10:09 PM
Who the hell thinks that? How did you come to that conclusion that anyone would think that? Of course I know there's always the chance of an assassination attempt. What bothered me was that you're treating it like it's just some bet going on and you're anxious to find out who wins for your own entertainment value.

It's called sarcasm dude.

_Lost_
11-04-2008, 10:11 PM
you are far to negative of a person. stop thinking of the worst.

jacknife737
11-04-2008, 10:13 PM
Most definitely. But all it takes is one fuck up by a secret service agent to get a shot off. I'm not saying he'll get hit. But it's a possibility.

Say an agent gets a call from his 16 year old son that just got his license. He knows he can't answer but gets nervous to maybe he got into a car accident. He picks up his phone and says he needs to call him back. In that time, a shot could be taken and the president can be dead. Those are opportunities a hitman will be looking for.

Stop acting like this is some hollywood movie. But to echo the thoughts of others, you almost seem to be enjoying this.

OffspringHead
11-04-2008, 10:17 PM
Stop acting like this is some hollywood movie. But to echo the thoughts of others, you almost seem to be enjoying this.

Enjoying it? Not at all. You honestly think this country is stable enough to handle an assassinated president? Of course not. It would be the biggest tragedy in American history. The emotional distress of this country would be close to, if not more than 9/11. With all the shit that this country has gone through in the past decade, we don't need that to happen. Of course I'm not enjoying the fact that he has a big chance of dying from some retarded nazi confederate in the south who thinks that McCain will be better than him. I'm just weighing out the probablity of it happening in a realistic way. As I said before, I'm sorry I don't fucking sugarcoat everything like you'd want to hear it, but get the fuck over it. No matter how I say it, it's still a possibility and just learn to accept it.

And I wanted Obama to win more than McCain anyway. So yeah. I'm really enjoying the fact that this election went my way and now the man I wanted to win is gonna die. That makes me so fucking happy. You don't even understand! I'm thrilled.

_Lost_
11-04-2008, 10:20 PM
Enjoying it? Not at all. You honestly think this country is stable enough to handle an assassinated president? Of course not. It would be the biggest tragedy in American history. The emotional distress of this country would be close to, if not more than 9/11. With all the shit that this country has gone through in the past decade, we don't need that to happen. Of course I'm not enjoying the fact that he has a big chance of dying from some retarded nazi confederate in the south who thinks that McCain will be better than him. I'm just weighing out the probablity of it happening in a realistic way. As I said before, I'm sorry I don't fucking sugarcoat everything like you'd want to hear it, but get the fuck over it. No matter how I say it, it's still a possibility and just learn to accept it.

And I wanted Obama to win more than McCain anyway. So yeah. I'm really enjoying the fact that this election went my way and now the man I wanted to win is gonna die. That makes me so fucking happy. You don't even understand! I'm thrilled.

you depress me.

OffspringHead
11-04-2008, 10:23 PM
you depress me.
I'm sorry that I think about the future more than the present. It's just who I am. Honestly, I don't want the man to die at all. But theres nothing anyone can do to stop that from possibly happening. But it's better to realize that now rather than later when it actually happens.

You all should have known this when he was elected in the Primary.

IamSam
11-04-2008, 10:37 PM
And when was the last time that a president was killed by an actual hitman and not some random schlep with a gun?

Alex101
11-04-2008, 10:39 PM
Yay! Congradulations for Obama!

0r4ng3
11-04-2008, 10:44 PM
It's great that he won, but I'm preparing for the future.

Palpatine/Vader '16!

_Lost_
11-04-2008, 10:47 PM
It's great that he won, but I'm preparing for the future.

Palpatine/Vader '16!

word dawg! then the real change begins!

rise_and_fall
11-04-2008, 10:54 PM
Anyway, I'm not surprised as he seemed to be the favorite candidate throughout the whole thing.

Actually at one stage McCaine was leading the polls. I'm sick of everyone being so blindly led by the media in elections.

OffspringHead
11-04-2008, 10:54 PM
And when was the last time that a president was killed by an actual hitman and not some random schlep with a gun?

Don't be so literal. You picked out the word "hitman" rather than everything else I said? Ok. My edit to "hitman" will be "random schlep with a gun" just to make you happy.

rise_and_fall
11-04-2008, 10:57 PM
FUCK the future will not be good for the US or the Western World, if shutting down America's economy to reduce carbon emmisions is good then everyone will be fucked over by Asian tyrannys such as China, Iran and Russia.

Thomas
11-04-2008, 11:12 PM

You seem to be thoroughly convinced that he's going to be assasinated. Just because it's possible, it doesn't mean it's probable. Every president since George Washington had a chance of being assasinated. Obama is not the first President to make history like he has. His policies aren't even as far to the left as other presidents in the past. He's just black. Although it is still alive, racism is dying rapidly in the United States (obviously). I have faith that the Secret Service will prepare more than ever before for his presidency, and extra precautions will be taken.

_Lost_
11-04-2008, 11:12 PM
Its amazing how much the college support has had an affect on this election! In NC, the counties with the really major universities are all very heavily on obama's side. Fascinating!

WebDudette
11-04-2008, 11:13 PM
No one, with the intent of assassinating Obama, will get within two miles of him.

jacknife737
11-04-2008, 11:19 PM
Its amazing how much the college support has had an affect on this election! In NC, the counties with the really major universities are all very heavily on obama's side. Fascinating!

Obama's campaign will go down as the one of the best run and organized in US electoral history. Political parties across the Western world will be reformatting their organizational structure to base their future election campaigns off Obama's.

bighead384
11-04-2008, 11:22 PM
Although it is still alive, racism is dying rapidly in the United States (obviously).

I often wonder how true this is...I guess the fact that there's a black president shows some significant progress.

JohnnyNemesis
11-04-2008, 11:34 PM
^Fundamentally untrue. Besides, dude is half-white. One man winning the presidency is not significant progress or even proof of progress at all: things like evening out those unemployment rates, raising college attendance numbers, and actually funding inner-city public schools and such, for example, would be significant progress.

This is what kinda scared me: people thinking that one mean's rise to this point suddenly and magically wipes out rampant racism across the nation. I mean, imagine if Alan Keyes would have won the presidency...

But back to a positive note, I've never been so excited and happy on Election Day. The streets of New York are going mad with joy.

BARACK ME OBAMADEUS!!!

T-6005
11-04-2008, 11:35 PM
This thread reminds me of this imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0974015/board/nest/117781703) thread.

If you can deal with 5 pages of Mr. Jack Doyle's expertise, I commend you.

Jebus, I specifically suggest you read this, as I know for a fact you'll get a kick out of it.

Jebus
11-04-2008, 11:40 PM
"Surprise! Happy 95th birthday, Grandpa!"

"Hey, there's a small chance he's going to die tomorrow. Not trying to sugarcoat anything. 99% of people don't get to this age. I'm all for grandpa being alive and all, but we gotta be realistic here. Hey, you know what would be fun? Lets make up hypothetical scenarios for how he's going to die!"

darea
11-05-2008, 12:21 AM
Yeah! I got up at 7.30 this morning to know the results and it's awesome!!! Worth waking up for! And boo to those who didn't vote Obama!

Vera
11-05-2008, 12:24 AM
I'm with OffspringHead on this. He's just being realistic and looking into the future, you guys. It's like when you go to the gas station and gas costs a leg and a half and suddenly somebody emerges from under your Toyota and SHOOTS YOU IN THE FACE. Like that, you know? Who's to say that can't happen? Why does gas cost so much. I hope Obama looks into this because it inconveniences my otherwise extremely privileged life.

[/sarcasm]

Honestly I used to think John McCain as one of the cooler Republicans before this election. His campaign was just so friggin' ugly and irrational, even some conservatives who respected him turned to the other side. It's sad. I haven't watched his concession speech but I'm sure it was good.

I think it'll be a while until somebody who actually grew up as an African-American in the US gets elected president - racism is far from dying as long as there's consistent discrimination in the structures of society. With that said, Obama's a helluva lot more black than the prezes so far, so it's a step towards something. I like that he's been very honest about his roots - he's never tried to claim he's a descendent of the slaves, he's had to face that whole culture as an outsider who's been treated as an insider because of his skin color. When I have the time (v.v.v.v. busy with uni reading) I'd like to pick up his earlier memoir (the new one might be a tad too political for my interest).

Jebus ILU.

bighead384
11-05-2008, 12:29 AM
^Fundamentally untrue. Besides, dude is half-white. One man winning the presidency is not significant progress or even proof of progress at all: things like evening out those unemployment rates, raising college attendance numbers, and actually funding inner-city public schools and such, for example, would be significant progress.

This is what kinda scared me: people thinking that one mean's rise to this point suddenly and magically wipes out rampant racism across the nation. I mean, imagine if Alan Keyes would have won the presidency...

For a while, I've known that if Obama won, you'd have lots of people acting like racism is officially no longer a problem in America. And I knew how ignorant and annoying hearing this would become. But you're saying that a black man winning the presidency isn't even significant progress? Wha? I understand that the fact that the president now has dark skin isn't exactly directly related to some of the race-related problems we have in America, but it still shows progress that America choose a black man to lead and represent the country for the first time ever. Seems like you might possibly have an unnecessarily bleak view on racism in the U.S., although it is definitely still a problem.

Thomas
11-05-2008, 12:49 AM
For a while, I've known that if Obama won, you'd have lots of people acting like racism is officially no longer a problem in America. And I knew how ignorant and annoying hearing this would become. But you're saying that a black man winning the presidency isn't even significant progress? Wha? I understand that the fact that the president now has dark skin isn't exactly directly related to some of the race-related problems we have in America, but it still shows progress that America choose a black man to lead and represent the country for the first time ever. Seems like you might possibly have an unnecessarily bleak view on racism in the U.S., although it is definitely still a problem.

It's because he's black.

Jesus
11-05-2008, 01:52 AM
Anyway congrats too Obama! I fell asleep before they announced it, so it was quite pleasant to wake up to the sounds of an Obama victory.

No one could possibly even run for president without knowing that he or she could very well be assasinated. They knows this. Let's not even talk about it!

Corrected. His blackness could be a motive sure, but they are plenty of other motives around to shoot each president.
It is indeed silly to talk about it.

Obama's campaign will go down as the one of the best run and organized in US electoral history. Political parties across the Western world will be reformatting their organizational structure to base their future election campaigns off Obama's.

I doubt it, given that most of the western world has parliamentary democracies with proportional voting. And an Obama style campaign wouldn't make much a difference there, it might actually have a turn off effect. Because they generally don't resolve around a single person (even taking non ceremonial presidential elections into account).

rise_and_fall
11-05-2008, 02:10 AM
Some of Obama's new policies include:

Freedom of Choice Act: This will involve overturning every single law that protects an unborn child from any form of abortion, from the child’s conception to its birth, or even after a failed abortion. Roe vs. Wade will be codified in law. Almost perfect population control by the government can be achieved .

Civilian National Security Force: Equivalent to the National Guard, this elite force of 'civilians' can arrest any individual who has been deemed "a threat to national security” and can be detained for 2 days (thanks to the patriot act, and 2 days could be increased). Oppressive elite police

Fairness Doctrine: This will change free speech as we know it. It will include radio, newspapers and Television mediums to dedicate time to matters of "controversial issues of public importance and to do so in a manner that was honest, equitable, and balanced". It would allow the government to dictate what is "honest, equitable and balanced". Control of the media.

He will lower the high earning tax threshold, so that people who aren't considered high earners now will fall under that tax threshold eventually. Oppressive taxation of the masses.

He will basically shut-down the US's coal industry and put pressure on foreign nations to do the same to decrease carbon emissions. This will cause a huge decrease in the production of electricity in the US and cause energy prices to soar.

Don't believe me? Look it all up, and look up the two sides of the story. However you could just take the easy way out and ignore me which most of you will do.

KHWHD
11-05-2008, 02:28 AM
Congrats Obama!

rise_and_fall
11-05-2008, 02:38 AM
ignore me, which most of you will do.

thanks shank

Sunny
11-05-2008, 02:46 AM
Cool, now he's gonna raise taxes. Brace yourselves, middle classes.

i suggest you stop watching propaganda and get some real information instead of the shit you keep repeating. O NOES high taxes for people with 200k+ incomes... the horror! cry moar, Faux News.

how about you talk to some of the people who would actually be affected by the Obama tax increase instead of some misinformed and fearful schmuck who makes 30k? because they sure as fuck are not middle class.

anyways
FUCK YES!
SO HAPPY
NAKED DANCE 4 OBAMA

rise_and_fall
11-05-2008, 02:53 AM
i suggest you stop watching propaganda and get some real information instead of the shit you keep repeating. O NOES high taxes for people with 200k+ incomes... the horror! cry moar, Faux News.

how about you talk to some of the people who would actually be affected by the Obama tax increase instead of some misinformed and fearful schmuck who makes 30k? because they sure as fuck are not middle class.

anyways
FUCK YES!
SO HAPPY
NAKED DANCE 4 OBAMA

WTF MISINFORMED???
HE SAYS IT HIMSELF, LOOK THROUGH ALL THE BULLSHIT
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WpSDBu35K-8
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=po7J0f5TMrQ&feature=related
HE CONTRADICTS HIMSELF, DON'T JUMP ON THE MEDIA BAND WAGON

Jesus
11-05-2008, 02:57 AM
However you could just take the easy way out and ignore me which most of you will do.
That's because you use straw man arguments. Like you go from the Freedom of Choice Act to saying that this will let the government have perfect population control. That's like saying making all abortions illegal would let the government install a breeding program to get the US population up to 2 billion to beat the Chinese.

KHWHD
11-05-2008, 03:05 AM
thanks shank

For what? Saying, congrats? :confused:

Sunny
11-05-2008, 03:09 AM
WTF MISINFORMED???
HE SAYS IT HIMSELF, LOOK THROUGH ALL THE BULLSHIT
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WpSDBu35K-8
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=po7J0f5TMrQ&feature=related

lol.

cry harder, cunts!

Jesus
11-05-2008, 03:13 AM
Schadenfreude <3

rise_and_fall
11-05-2008, 03:49 AM
That's because you use straw man arguments. Like you go from the Freedom of Choice Act to saying that this will let the government have perfect population control. That's like saying making all abortions illegal would let the government install a breeding program to get the US population up to 2 billion to beat the Chinese.

It COULD let them do it, its easier to stop people having children then 'somehow' getting people to have a certain number of children. your example is wrong.

rise_and_fall
11-05-2008, 03:54 AM
lol.

cry harder, cunts!

what have you really said here? are you arguing a point or just BITCHING because you believe you're right "because you're right and I'm wrong". GROW UP!

Sunny
11-05-2008, 04:22 AM
neither, i'm gloating. the guy is president elect of the USA and there is nothing your whiny bitch-ass can do about it.

rise_and_fall
11-05-2008, 04:48 AM
neither, i'm gloating. the guy is president elect of the USA and there is nothing your whiny bitch-ass can do about it.

FUCK! You have no respect for anyone who has a different opinion to yourself, and i don't want a smart ass comeback here, because that'd be immature. Seriously I realise I can't change the fact that the majority of Americans voted for him, I'm just making a statement about what my understanding of his policies are, and they are informed understandings. Just reading what you say, its so full of anger towards me, I really don't understand, do you know how to argue? Or do you think if you bitch enough or just insult someone enough it makes you right. I'm sick of people like that

Offspring Gangsta
11-05-2008, 05:29 AM
i wore my USA boxers today

Sunny
11-05-2008, 06:11 AM
FUCK! You have no respect for anyone who has a different opinion to yourself, and i don't want a smart ass comeback here, because that'd be immature. Seriously I realise I can't change the fact that the majority of Americans voted for him, I'm just making a statement about what my understanding of his policies are, and they are informed understandings. Just reading what you say, its so full of anger towards me, I really don't understand, do you know how to argue? Or do you think if you bitch enough or just insult someone enough it makes you right. I'm sick of people like that

oh, i'm not angry. i'm quite happy, actually.

i happen to believe your "informed understandings" are based on propaganda and bullshit. you believe otherwise. whatever, it's your opinion, right? i would argue with you if i believed it would make a difference, but it won't. what *actually* matters is that my guy is going to the white house, and all you can do is be frustrated and troll on the offspring message board. unsuccessfully, at that - i'm pretty sure most people in this thread think you're just another flaming assbag and not a well-informed citizen.

g'day, sir.

nieh
11-05-2008, 06:37 AM
As I said before, I'm sorry I don't fucking sugarcoat everything like you'd want to hear it, but get the fuck over it.

There's a difference between "not sugarcoating" and "consciously being callous".

randman21
11-05-2008, 06:40 AM
I so want to watch The O'Reilly Factor tonight, but I don't have Fox News. :(

Moose
11-05-2008, 07:41 AM
there is no point in crying now. the people have spoken with a huge majority.

all we can do now is hope that all the potential fears of obama do not occur.

when he speaks, you cannot help but like the guy. however, i still cant ignore his views and odd associations.

in saying that, let us see what the man tries to do, and does do. watch him like a hawk if you want, but there is no point to bitch and moan and fight right now.

in saying all of this, remember, everyone has been blaming the republicans for what is going on, so, now the democrats have HUGE control in every aspect of the government. The senate, the house, soon to be the supreme court, and the presidency. so if things go terrible or get concerning over the next four years, remember that.

but there is no point to bitch now. even with possible voter fraud, obama won with such a margin, that doesnt even matter. i just hope they decide to fix the voting system because it is a joke. being able to vote without showing ID, and all of this fraud is concerning for everyone.

the best thing that comes out of this election for the one's that lost it, is that obama is a black man. and for some on the losing side, it is the only good thing from the election. around the world, we will be seen as a better country, and the people here, who have felt fleeced throughout their lives, will have someone to look up to, and hopefully this can help them along the way to achieve personal and independent greatness. so in that sense, this is a good thing.

congrats to obama, he does have potential for greatness, but he also has potential for destruction, and i wasnt willing to give him my vote based on that coinflip.

let's just hope he doesnt screw it up haha.

Little_Miss_1565
11-05-2008, 07:56 AM
FUCK YES. People had actual pots and pans that they were banging together on the streets last night in BK.

[quote=Duskygrin;1212140]Cool, now he's gonna raise taxes. Brace yourselves, middle classes.

If by "middle class" you mean "the top 10% of all wage-earners," then yes. But if you mean the actual middle class, you should probably do some more reading.

Some of Obama's new policies include:

LOL. Now the Republicans have even outsourced their propaganda to other countries!

anyways
FUCK YES!
SO HAPPY
NAKED DANCE 4 OBAMA

I luv u.

All politicians do, and that's what he is. A politician.

It COULD let them do it, its easier to stop people having children then 'somehow' getting people to have a certain number of children. your example is wrong.

LOLOLOLOLOL. If the government passed an amendment extending marriage rights to gays, would you say that it would force straight people to get gay married too?

JohnnyNemesis
11-05-2008, 08:19 AM
lol, I haven't read a post from Moose in months.

I understand that the fact that the president now has dark skin isn't exactly directly related to some of the race-related problems we have in America, but it still shows progress that America choose the whitest black man we got to lead and represent the country for the first time ever.

lol fix'd. Don't get me wrong though, dude is black and for real and I love him for many reasons.

And I understand and respect what you're saying, but what I'm saying has more to do with the fact...well, he's the President. It's not bleakness, it's a critical look at what the President is/does. If you look through all the sensationalism, that's still one (extremely powerful, but singular) position in America. If he was a self-loathing racist who hated blacks, would this be an example of significant change, or would we be moving backwards in terms of racial progress? Shouldn't "significant" progress be measured more by what happens to masses of blacks instead of what one man has accomplished? Y'know what I mean?

Now, of course I feel that significant change is coming, but I've just seen too much tokenism to automatically associate a dude being in a position with immediate significant process. But I'm verrrrrrry hopeful and optimistic right now.

Seems like you might possibly have an unnecessarily bleak view on racism in the U.S., although it is definitely still a problem.

And my guess is you're someone who really isn't a position to make that call.

Honestly I used to think John McCain as one of the cooler Republicans before this election.

Word up.

I think it'll be a while until somebody who actually grew up as an African-American in the US gets elected president - racism is far from dying as long as there's consistent discrimination in the structures of society. With that said, Obama's a helluva lot more black than the prezes so far, so it's a step towards something. I like that he's been very honest about his roots - he's never tried to claim he's a descendent of the slaves, he's had to face that whole culture as an outsider who's been treated as an insider because of his skin color.

My thoughts EXACTLY. <3 u baybeegirl

IamSam
11-05-2008, 08:38 AM
Lol at whitest black man.

Seriously...raise taxes on the middle class? HA!

This might seem odd, but I hope he does away with the tax rebates for one reason:

If you have been living in a cave, we have a deficit. Why are we handing all these tax dollars back when we have a deficit? Maybe someone can answer that for me...

Oh...and I know a bunch of McCain supporters that say they are moving to Canada to get away from Obama the socalist....

Superdope
11-05-2008, 08:46 AM
Oh...and I know a bunch of McCain supporters that say they are moving to Canada to get away from Obama the socalist....

On the other hand, do you really want those people in your country? too bad for Canada, though :/

HeadAroundU
11-05-2008, 09:00 AM
For me, it's rather obvious than fascinating or amazing. Republicans are not huge friends with science and proofs, they don't like evolution...etc

Cool, now he's gonna raise taxes. Brace yourselves, middle classes.
Oh, shut the fcuk up.

Don't believe me? Look it all up, and look up the two sides of the story. However you could just take the easy way out and ignore me which most of you will do.
Oh, hell the fcuk yes I'm gonna ignore you. There is a nice saying that suits you, "You preach the water, but you drink the vine" (a literal translation). YOU should look up the 2 sides of the story. Your points are very one sided and extreme.

-----

I watched the US elections quite closely from the beginning to the end. From my point of view, it was your duty to elect Obama. After 8 years of Republicans, it's good to change the ideology even if the opposite candidate sucks, but that's not the case with Obama, he's terrific.

I'm really happy that he got elected. I believe that it's not only good for the USA, but for the world.

Have you guys watched Obama's speech? I ALMOST (I didn't, I never do :D :cool:) cried.

Jesus
11-05-2008, 09:02 AM
This might seem odd, but I hope he does away with the tax rebates for one reason:

If you have been living in a cave, we have a deficit. Why are we handing all these tax dollars back when we have a deficit? Maybe someone can answer that for me...
I hear a lot of progressive saying this, that we need to take care of the deficit etc. And quite frankly it's scares me because that would be one of the worst things that could happen.

The US is facing a depression. A balanced budget is the last thing that's needed. That would fire the economy completely from a recession into a depression straight away. Look actual wages have for the most part stagnated the last 10-15 years for most of the population. Any increase in individual wealth came basically from housing. Which also boosted consumption and thereby also the economy. Now that the bubble is collapsing (and it will collapse further) you'll automatically get less consumption and also a shrinking economy, which sort of becomes a spiral. The only way out of that is an increase in spending via government (deficit spending on new technologies etc) and consumer spending (via tax cuts for people that actually spend money, low class and low middle class).

Budget deficits are generally overrated anyway, you could have a deficit all the time and still have a drop in debt to GDP ratio as long as you're economy grows enough. The US debt as a percentage of GDP is 72.5% which isn't that big of a deal. We (Belgium) had a ratio of 140% in the 90's , now we're back to 80%. The only (small) problem the US has is that around 25% of it's debt is to foreign countries (with around 40% to Japan and China combined).

Golden! Atleast they might hear speeches written by the Bush administration: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8YwJC_nBgw

JohnnyNemesis
11-05-2008, 09:02 AM
http://i38.tinypic.com/28vbsky.jpg

IamSam
11-05-2008, 09:05 AM
On the other hand, do you really want those people in your country? too bad for Canada, though :/

Lol...actually I do. Some of them are friends, stupid friends, but friends none the less.

My closest circle of friends all voted Obama. Mainly because I explained to them why. I feel proud.

HeadAroundU
11-05-2008, 09:08 AM
I love that pic, Ricky.

_Lost_
11-05-2008, 09:30 AM
Shouldn't "significant" progress be measured more by what happens to masses of blacks instead of what one man has accomplished? Y'know what I mean?

i think that in a lot of ways, this is election process has brought on significant progress. More people in minority groups took and interest and voted this time around then ever before. Yes, a lot of them only voted because he's half-black (or half-white. why is it that when someone is mixed, they are labeled as black and not white? This bring me to "structural racism" which is a whole other ball-game but still relevant.). But one man's accomplishment is going to show an entire population that they really CAN do/be anything. Hopefully, they will take the hint and the glass ceiling will be shattered for minorities once and for all.

F@ BANKZ
11-05-2008, 09:34 AM
I don't like being pessimistic, and I like Obama, but reading this thread has still made me lose all faith in BBS & humanity (BBS comes first).

Sofinch
11-05-2008, 09:47 AM
That means I won a bet from my English-teacher

hshduppsnt
11-05-2008, 09:56 AM
Woooo! I'm excited! Now we can put all that election stuff behind us and remember that the economy is still not in great shape, foreign policy a joke, and military stretched thin...

why did he want this job again :-/? Next couple of years should be interesting, he clearly has a strong mandate to push through his policies.

At least we'll hopefully finally have some form of health care for everyone... man this country is such a joke sometimes...

OffspringHead
11-05-2008, 10:16 AM
Woooo! I'm excited! Now we can put all that election stuff behind us and remember that the economy is still not in great shape, foreign policy a joke, and military stretched thin...

You do realize that the election has a lot to do with the economy. Because the person who wins is in charge for the next 4 years.

ad8
11-05-2008, 10:31 AM
Congratulations America! Good choice.

hshduppsnt
11-05-2008, 10:43 AM
You do realize that the election has a lot to do with the economy. Because the person who wins is in charge for the next 4 years.

of course.
That's why I'm excited about Obama. But at some point still need to wait
a bit before he is in charge and can start passing things. It will still take some time:)

IamSam
11-05-2008, 10:51 AM
I hear a lot of progressive saying this, that we need to take care of the deficit etc. And quite frankly it's scares me because that would be one of the worst things that could happen.

The US is facing a depression. A balanced budget is the last thing that's needed. That would fire the economy completely from a recession into a depression straight away. Look actual wages have for the most part stagnated the last 10-15 years for most of the population. Any increase in individual wealth came basically from housing. Which also boosted consumption and thereby also the economy. Now that the bubble is collapsing (and it will collapse further) you'll automatically get less consumption and also a shrinking economy, which sort of becomes a spiral. The only way out of that is an increase in spending via government (deficit spending on new technologies etc) and consumer spending (via tax cuts for people that actually spend money, low class and low middle class).

Budget deficits are generally overrated anyway, you could have a deficit all the time and still have a drop in debt to GDP ratio as long as you're economy grows enough. The US debt as a percentage of GDP is 72.5% which isn't that big of a deal. We (Belgium) had a ratio of 140% in the 90's , now we're back to 80%. The only (small) problem the US has is that around 25% of it's debt is to foreign countries (with around 40% to Japan and China combined).

Golden! Atleast they might hear speeches written by the Bush administration: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8YwJC_nBgw

Thanks, Jesus! Knew I could count on you!;)

bighead384
11-05-2008, 11:09 AM
Shouldn't "significant" progress be measured more by what happens to masses of blacks instead of what one man has accomplished? Y'know what I mean?

It's only one man but AMERICA elected him. I think that says a lot. I'm more on your side than the "this means you can't use race as an excuse anymore" side, but I still don't quite agree with you based on the way you worded some things.

T-6005
11-05-2008, 11:13 AM

What makes them think Canada is a better political climate for them? They're probably better off under Obama than in Canada. We have a HEALTH CARE SYSTEM here. I know those are bad words. I'm sorry.

nieh
11-05-2008, 11:23 AM
We have a HEALTH CARE SYSTEM here. I know those are bad words. I'm sorry.

You monsters!

jacknife737
11-05-2008, 11:43 AM
As much as i think Jesse Jackson is an ass at times, i did get a bit choked up when i saw this last night. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpmCbAKdTUY

I doubt it, given that most of the western world has parliamentary democracies with proportional voting. And an Obama style campaign wouldn't make much a difference there, it might actually have a turn off effect. Because they generally don't resolve around a single person (even taking non ceremonial presidential elections into account).

I was referring more towards, his financing organization (ie embracing the internet and putting the shift towards smaller, individual donors rather then relying on larger corporate donations) and grassroots community organization. There is going to be a leadership campaign for a major political party in Canada (The Liberals) within the next couple months and i will be watching it closely to see what/if any impact is seen; the party has stated that they plan on reforming their fund-raising techniques so i think some influence will be seen there.

Also i'd like to add that rise_and_fall should either stop getting his American News from Hannity/Limbaugh, or just stop being an idiot.

Betty
11-05-2008, 11:46 AM
I knew that Obama won before I went to sleep, but then I dreamed that McCain won somehow anyway in the end and I was so mad and I kept yelling "I can't believe that red won!"

With regards to racism, I think it's completely depressing that Obama would have any disadvantage to getting elected because his skin is black. The fact that Americans think it's such a big issue that he was elected, DESPITE his skin colour (oh my goodness), means that clearly it's still a big issue. And that's not even getting into the rest of it. My roommate said this morning: "The US has its first black president" and I said "It's like 24 come true!"

With regards to the policy... I'm kind of with HAU in that, despite my love of capitalism, I think it was good to vote democratic for the change, especially because Obama comes off as an intelligent and motivated and good person. Plus the republicans have some pretty crazy ideas. I guess both sides have some pretty crazy ideas, in my opinion.

(My views may be a bit uninformed as I hadn't followed the election TOO closely from this side of the border).

Jesus
11-05-2008, 11:53 AM
I was referring more towards, his financing organization (ie embracing the internet and putting the shift towards smaller, individual donors rather then relying on larger corporate donations) and grassroots community organization. There is going to be a leadership campaign for a major political party in Canada (The Liberals) within the next couple months and i will be watching it closely to see what/if any impact is seen; the party has stated that they plan on reforming their fund-raising techniques so i think some influence will be seen there.

Ow yeah in that way. But most European countries don't allow fund raising. Parties just get a fixed budget from the state to run their campaign. This is to stop money, business and advertising from becoming too much of an influence in elections.

_Lost_
11-05-2008, 12:36 PM
so there is this free expression tunnel on my school's campus, right? weeellllll, as you can imagine, people were painting like crazy when they announced the winner. this afternoon, the school whitewashed the entire tunnel for the first time ever because a bunch of KKK BS was written on top of all of the positive things. And they've been washing off the bricks where people have written KKK all over them in chalk. I'm sure they can't stand that NC of all places chose obama over mccain. I think we have one of the biggest active KKK parties in the country. :( god help us all...

IamSam
11-05-2008, 12:44 PM
I find it ironic that the presidency is the only job the employers (US citizens) can practice ageism and not get in trouble...

IamSam
11-05-2008, 12:45 PM
What makes them think Canada is a better political climate for them? They're probably better off under Obama than in Canada. We have a HEALTH CARE SYSTEM here. I know those are bad words. I'm sorry.

You sonsabitches! I just wish that some people would stop living in 1959 and realize that Obama is a socialist as McCain is a fascist.

KHWHD
11-05-2008, 03:28 PM

Why? Believe me, our Prime Minister is an idiot.

Sunny
11-05-2008, 03:32 PM
I find it ironic that the presidency is the only job the employers (US citizens) can practice ageism and not get in trouble...

well, when an older employee dies, the employer is free to pick their replacement in whatever manner he chooses. with the presidency, however, should the president die, you're kinda stuck with whatever fuckery you've got (Sarah Palin, i'm looking at you).

Jakebert
11-05-2008, 04:47 PM
Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

F@ BANKZ
11-05-2008, 04:54 PM
I have enjoyed the orderly election which has removed the need for a violent bloodbath.

nieh
11-05-2008, 05:00 PM
Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

I had that as my away message on AIM last night.

JohnnyNemesis
11-05-2008, 09:30 PM
I have enjoyed the orderly election which has removed the need for a violent bloodbath.

This line is the best one.

jacknife737
11-05-2008, 11:15 PM
My favorite front-page, so far

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g178/jacknife737/ttttttttont_300-2.jpg

Bipolar Bear
11-06-2008, 10:37 AM
Dude. Stop thinking that everyone in this country loves him and is going to leave him alone. Popular vote was 51 to 48. Thats 48% of the country who didn't want him to be president. Thats 44,081,415 people. Within that number, how many of those people do you think voted McCain simply and only because Obama is black. I'd say at least 1% of those people. That is 440,814 people. Um. It's obviously a pretty good chance that one of those 440 thousand people will take a shot at him. So stop being so ignorant.

Yeah that's what I was thinking.
I'm pretty sure that many people want him dead out of such a big country.
Doesn't mean they'll do it..but according to history there's a considerable
chance it may happen. But it's FAR from certain that it'll happen I lol'ed at
the "what do you think he'll get killed with" thread.

Thomas
11-06-2008, 11:20 AM
I just wanted to stop in here and say I'm not surprised he won. When's the last time a Kenyan lost a race?

bighead384
11-06-2008, 11:55 AM

I've been thinking about issues like this lately...

What's a good website (or possibly any other kind of source) to find accurate statistics on race related problems? I haven't been able to find anything.

wheelchairman
11-06-2008, 12:06 PM
I just wanted to stop in here and say I'm not surprised he won. When's the last time a Kenyan lost a race?

NICE that's up there with someone's joke about McCain hasn't been beat this bad since 'Nam.

JohnnyNemesis
11-06-2008, 12:29 PM
What's a good website (or possibly any other kind of source) to find accurate statistics on race related problems? I haven't been able to find anything.

Have you been looking? There's like, an entire genre of books on the subject...

If you remind me when I have a little more time (or feel free to PM me or IM me or something too), I'll look through my old college syllabi and try to put together a list of books I think you should check out.

wheelchairman
11-06-2008, 12:38 PM
This topic just reminds me of how utterly bad my supplementary course was this semester. (Ethnicity and Identity). I had relatively high expectations in it is an interesting subject, and for example one of the US presidential candidates wrote two books on the subject (a little narcissistic but hey, I wouldn't mind talking about myself for money).

However what we got was some hippie bullshit. "immigrants are like totally a mixed group of people. it's like totally difficult to place so many people in a single category you know? And like these categories are totally fake and made up and like what are the underlying discourses here? hey guys do you hate categories too? Let's analyze the picture of immigrants who look into the camera instead of avoiding the lens with their eyes! hey you know, why do we even use the word immigrant anyways?"

It makes me glad that I skipped 70% of this bullshit class. The discussions were always stupid (always), the lectures were mediocre at best. Ugh. There is so much in the field of identity you could build on, so much academics there. And yet we focused on bullshit humaniora and stupid pictures from lame ass artists. (La Pocha Nostra.) ooh they're challenging our concept of immigrant by making them wear costumes and have pictures taken of themselves. I once tried to challenge my concept of child sexuality that way and now the FBI reads everything I write. Hi Agent Smith!

bighead384
11-06-2008, 12:57 PM
Have you been looking? There's like, an entire genre of books on the subject...

If you remind me when I have a little more time (or feel free to PM me or IM me or something too), I'll look through my old college syllabi and try to put together a list of books I think you should check out.

I haven't really looked all that hard yet, I was just trying to get some recommendations beforehand so I don't waste my time with something that's not really credible or poorly put together. Thanks for the offer, I'll keep that in mind.

One book I did read on the subject of inequalities was Savage Inequalities by Jonathan Kozol. That was an extremely shocking book.

bighead384
11-10-2008, 12:29 AM
I'm getting so annoyed by conservatives circulating that Black Panther voter intimidation video. It's seriously makes me want to punch a wall. They don't even have the balls to try to analyze it in any significant way. They just state that Fox was the only station to report on it. It's just not news, plain and simple. When I first saw that video, I figured, hey, it IS a pretty shocking site so whatever. Little did I know it would be circulated as some sort of evidence that white people are under attack.

Tyler Durden
11-10-2008, 05:25 PM
Funny enough Obama had the white majority as well, otherwise he wouldn't have won.

But it's annoying, there are all these conservative kids in my school who are upset and are starting to blame black people...For the first time you can see peoples' true colors come out.

IamSam
11-10-2008, 05:40 PM
Funny enough Obama had the white majority as well, otherwise he wouldn't have won.

But it's annoying, there are all these conservative kids in my school who are upset and are starting to blame black people...For the first time you can see peoples' true colors come out.

Lol at true colors.

iPunk247
11-23-2008, 10:47 PM
i knew it all along. Obama boy was gonna win without a doubt. i am glad he did. it was about time. i secretly voted for him. hope he does great. and if not, well imma be pissed off. only time will tell. i dunno i'm just a kid. what do i actually know about Politics? yikes! absolutely not a goddamn thing :o:o:o:o

wheelchairman
11-24-2008, 03:29 AM
Well if you're just a good you have plenty of time to learn.

Offspring-Junkie
12-18-2008, 06:10 AM
I'm glad that Obama won. I mean...George Bush...two times. I thought, well, the first time you had no idea what he'd do, but the second time :eek: yeah, they did it again. Very smart. But things will be fine for the next years in the U S and A. I even think that you'll vote him again next time.

Al Coholic
12-18-2008, 08:20 PM
I'm glad that Obama won. I mean...George Bush...two times. I thought, well, the first time you had no idea what he'd do, but the second time :eek: yeah, they did it again. Very smart. But things will be fine for the next years in the U S and A. I even think that you'll vote him again next time.

Despite all the hype, it's still a two party system, with two very similar parties.In Europe our Democratic party would actually be considered right-leaning. It's nice he's got a democratic majority in both houses of congress, and he seems more accountable than the last guy. But in reality this is still America, there's not gonna be any big revolution or serious change in government. Good legislation will still be blocked, influence from giant corporations and lobbyists will still drown out the little guy's voice, we'll still operate on deficet spending and an inneficient system of loans, the problems we've inherited over the last couple years will still be there for the next couple years(atleast), and if Obama doesn't meet unrealistic expectations and play political games like everyone has to, he'll be voted out of office by conservatives for all the wrong reasons in 2012.

But hey, he's still the better candidate out of the two and that's something. Worse men have done good jobs...

Llamas
12-18-2008, 09:42 PM
Despite all the hype, it's still a two party system, with two very similar parties.In Europe our Democratic party would actually be considered right-leaning. It's nice he's got a democratic majority in both houses of congress, and he seems more accountable than the last guy. But in reality this is still America, there's not gonna be any big revolution or serious change in government. Good legislation will still be blocked, influence from giant corporations and lobbyists will still drown out the little guy's voice, we'll still operate on deficet spending and an inneficient system of loans, the problems we've inherited over the last couple years will still be there for the next couple years(atleast), and if Obama doesn't meet unrealistic expectations and play political games like everyone has to, he'll be voted out of office by conservatives for all the wrong reasons in 2012.

But hey, he's still the better candidate out of the two and that's something. Worse men have done good jobs...

I am amused that the American guy is telling the European guy what it's like in Europe. :cool:

However, most of what you said is true, if not kinda obvious.

Al Coholic
12-18-2008, 10:57 PM
Yeah I know. I was more talking to the guy that said everything'd be fine because Obama was in office. I've sorta felt that a lot of Obama supporters, more so than whats normal after a presidential election, are expecting this guy to be near-perfect and will be dissapointed if the media narrative on the Obama isn't so positive. He's gonna get a lot of flack for problems he inherited, not what he started. But that line is easily blurred and a lot of [misinformed] people will could be really dissapointed and possibly turn on him.

Actually I wasn't telling you what Europes like. Was just sayin by comparison, leftist parties in Europe make our democratic and republican parties seem right-leaning and ultra-right, respectively.

metalmania
12-19-2008, 01:24 PM
hehe usa chose obama cause our world turned a slaughterhouse with bush's false policies and many folks hated usa(bush) so usa is trying to change this bad image with image against middleeast people.i think obama's policies will same like bush's and newspapers,televisions tried to deceive these people with these speechs" hey all obama is secret muslim ,he is black and he is clean blablablabla"and i guess he won with this advert.muslims re happy now hehe but they will see the reality soon cause he is not that man in their mind.his new bombs will fall again to middleeast and europe will follow him for spoils .oh poor europe!wait and see what happen in world in afghanistan ,in kafkasia,in iran,in pakhistan...... and weapon incs.,oil incs. determine the policy of usa;)
(mccain studied many times in kafkasia with soros but his policies couldnt be successfull there so he lost)

Al Coholic
12-19-2008, 01:40 PM
newspapers,televisions tried to deceive these people with these speechs" hey all obama is secret muslim ,he is black and he is clean blablablabla

What's wrong with being clean? I don't want a president that isn't hygenic and skips a few days between shaves. Thats just weak, man.

metalmania
12-19-2008, 01:43 PM
What's wrong with being clean? I don't want a president that isn't hygenic and skips a few days between shaves. Thats just weak, man.

hehe i guess you missunderstood me!when i say "the clean" i mean "clean policies"!ok?and i dont beleive it but i hope im not right!its just my idea ;)

Al Coholic
12-19-2008, 05:29 PM
Yeah your posts are hard to understand sometimes. So are you some kind of anarchist?

metalmania
12-20-2008, 03:12 AM
yes its me but its so different-hard idea and i guess i can talk about this philosophy in other thread

metalmania
12-20-2008, 03:46 AM
hey dude you can see my answer in ANarchy thread ;) c ya

pyrimid
12-20-2008, 04:27 AM

Since the inception of the secret service and even before that every president has had a minimum of 5 assassination attempts, mostly by mentally disturbed people, or radicals who are not affiliated with any political party. And each President receives thousands of letters and emails every month, many are negative and some are even threatening. And every month several threats to kill the president are investigated by the secret service, (This is all documented on the Secret Services website).

So to say that any person who runs for public office should and probably knows and understands that their will be wacko’s out there gunning for them.

I do not hope that any attempt ever happens, but then I would not be thinking realistic. What I guess I should be saying is that I hope that the Secret Service is better than any of the ones who are foolish enough to try to kill any elected official.

cool 2 hate 681
11-06-2012, 09:16 PM
bump

obama has won the 2012 election and a 2nd term

"Melyssa K" Kennedy
11-06-2012, 09:48 PM
I've never seen the boards this quiet.

That's because all the Romney supporters on the forum are drowning their sorrows in alcohol.

Haha, I totally just quoted someone from 4 years ago and made it relevant.

bornlie
11-06-2012, 09:49 PM
That's because all the Romney supporters on the forum are drowning their sorrows in alcohol.

im drowning myself in alchohol because having only two choices for president is depressing.

Static_Martyr
11-06-2012, 11:07 PM
I'm just glad we told that Romney asshole to shut the fuck up and go back to Massachusetts. I'm sick of his supporters --- down here it's almost entirely a race issue. Down here you're either a "Lib-ruhl" voting for "OBAAAAMA" or you're a "good ol' boy" and you're "not lettin' that nigger back in the whaaaht house." Nice to have something to rub in those assholes' faces.

I hate living in the south sometimes.

Dulce
11-07-2012, 02:02 AM
So what are Obama's plans for the future? Can he provide us with more lies and less wars?

Llamas
11-07-2012, 06:46 AM
I'm just glad we told that Romney asshole to shut the fuck up and go back to Massachusetts. I'm sick of his supporters --- down here it's almost entirely a race issue. Down here you're either a "Lib-ruhl" voting for "OBAAAAMA" or you're a "good ol' boy" and you're "not lettin' that nigger back in the whaaaht house." Nice to have something to rub in those assholes' faces.

I hate living in the south sometimes.

Just sometimes? :P

My nephew (whom I'm not friends with on FB because he's an asshole in every way - he's 20, didn't finish high school, and has a two-year-old son) commented on his mom's status regarding the election: "Stupid nig! Its gonna be another shit 4 years. Unless he's the reason for world ending in 2012."

This is literally the only offensive, ignorant bullshit I've seen today about the election. I have friends who voted Republican, but of my like 400 friends, it's only like 10 people max who've posted about it - and every single one of them has been completely rational and mature about it. My nephew just legit pissed me off, though, and I can't imagine living somewhere that's full of people like him :-/ Fortunately, a couple people have already stepped up and called him out - apologizing to his mom ahead of time for what they say. He got called a "poor, uneducated teen parent" which is true and already has a million likes from his mom's friends. Good company.

Jojan
11-07-2012, 07:05 AM
So what are Obama's plans for the future? Can he provide us with more lies and less wars?

fewer wars*

Llamas
11-07-2012, 07:29 AM
fewer wars*

Don't be a pedant; everyone knows what less wars means.

MOTO13
11-07-2012, 09:05 AM
In a not too surprising result, Obama has been voted in for another 4 years. Based on the previous 4 years, he deserved a pink slip. A similar record of poor results in the private sector would have meant an exit out long ago. But people do what they do and even a complete fucktard like Obama gets a second chance I suppose. Is this good for the country? On one level yes. It does bring some continuity to the poltical arena. Now he has made more promises for his second term. These promises are solely based upon based upon belief and certainly not on his record the previous 4 years and sound eerily familiar. I just really do not get why anyone would consider re-electing a record of failure. What convinced people he deserved a second term? Is there anything actually better now than it was when he took over in 2008? His first term cost almost $6,000,000,000,000 in borrowed taxpayer funds to support. Like I have said before...never under estimate the stupidity of the american voter.

Tiny Vessels
11-07-2012, 09:14 AM
Don't worry MOTO four more years from now you can vote for a repub. again and maybe that time he might have a better chance of getting in for your sake, but as of now be happy that I'm happy :). I told you Obama was gonna win but you didn't listen to me! I know what I'm talking about :)

Little_Miss_1565
11-07-2012, 09:17 AM
The election results are hardly a mandate for Obama, but let the GOP take note - the economy does not trump a social policy out of step with the lives of many Americans.

I'm stoked I'm not going to lose the ability to pay nearly $400 a month for pre-existing conditions health insurance.

MOTO13
11-07-2012, 09:27 AM
TV...your prediction in the election results are about as logically sound as you predicting which tree will fall next in a hurricaine. Again, you are a typical Obama supporter...not really sure why they want him in, it's not logical based on previous results, but vote him in anyway.

Tiny Vessels
11-07-2012, 09:31 AM
TV...your prediction in the election results are about as logically sound as you predicting which tree will fall next in a hurricaine. Again, you are a typical Obama supporter...not really sure why they want him in, it's not logical based on previous results, but vote him in anyway.

You make me giggle MOTO.

Little_Miss_1565
11-07-2012, 09:32 AM
Your argument is based on the assumption that the economy trumps social issues. It apparently doesn't.

XYlophonetreeZ
11-07-2012, 09:39 AM
His first term cost almost $6,000,000,000,000 in borrowed taxpayer funds to support. Like I have said before...never under estimate the stupidity of the american voter.

I miss back before Obama was president, when I and the rest of Americans didn't have to pay taxes. Who does this commie think he is, inventing these "tax" things? Money that people pay the government? It doesn't make sense!

MOTO13
11-07-2012, 09:42 AM
Your argument is based on the assumption that the economy trumps social issues. It apparently doesn't.

Go try to feed your friggin family on social issues.

_Lost_
11-07-2012, 10:04 AM
People will always get by. Sometimes its hard, but when my gay friends can marry who they want and me and my husband don't get stared at by the ultra racist conservatives, I'll be happy, whether or not I have the spare change to waste on shit I don't need.

Little_Miss_1565
11-07-2012, 10:10 AM
Go try to feed your friggin family on social issues.

I'm feeding my family just fine right now, thanks. Even sending some money to my sister in college. I work ridiculous hours but so it goes. I'm making it work. We're in a recession and you don't cut your way out of a hole. And the message here is that people would rather be poorer than have their loved ones be subject to ridiculous laws. Women's bodies do have ways of shutting that whole thing down, Todd Akin...by voting, to end your political career.

Think of the tax revenue if gay marriage was legalized nationwide. Not to mention the boost to retail with more wedding registries.

MOTO13
11-07-2012, 10:36 AM
I'm feeding my family just fine right now, thanks. Even sending some money to my sister in college. I work ridiculous hours but so it goes. I'm making it work. We're in a recession and you don't cut your way out of a hole. And the message here is that people would rather be poorer than have their loved ones be subject to ridiculous laws. Women's bodies do have ways of shutting that whole thing down, Todd Akin...by voting, to end your political career.

Think of the tax revenue if gay marriage was legalized nationwide. Not to mention the boost to retail with more wedding registries.

Well, Obama wants to spend his way to prosperity on borrowed taxpayer funds. Impossible. Ever get a good job from a poor man? Probably not. Maybe you are possibly..possibly ok now. Just ok. Maybe just ok is all you want or need. Good for you and your diminished goals. Well, you probably will be poorer and I hope you are satisfied with it. There is a shit ton of able bodied human feces in this country living off you. Maybe you want to support them. Personally, they can do for themselves or go away. If gay mariiage were legalized think of the tax revenue and additional retail?...this is seriously a valid point to you to help revive an economy? A bunch of queens being allowed to get married will stimulate the American economy. It's so obvious how was it ever missed. You and Vessels need to get together and have a friggin sit down and discuss things. I'd be curious who passes out first from the lack of oxygen. Ever see the V8 commercial with that guy explaining how it tastes? That's your point being actually considered. Go crunch the numbers for me would ya?

Tiny Vessels
11-07-2012, 10:44 AM
. You and Vessels need to get together and have a friggin sit down and discuss things. I'd be curious who passes out first from the lack of oxygen.

WTF? We pretty much have the same views so having a sit down wouldn't be a problem. Problem is that we live in different states. Why would one of us pass out? The only way I see that happening is if you MOTO would be added to this sitdown.

Jojan
11-07-2012, 11:20 AM
Don't be a pedant;
But why, my friend?

everyone knows what less wars means.
Sure. But it does not make any sense.

Little_Miss_1565
11-07-2012, 11:23 AM
Well, Obama wants to spend his way to prosperity on borrowed taxpayer funds. Impossible. Ever get a good job from a poor man? Probably not.

Maybe you need to study the New Deal again.

Maybe you are possibly..possibly ok now. Just ok. Maybe just ok is all you want or need. Good for you and your diminished goals. Well, you probably will be poorer and I hope you are satisfied with it. There is a shit ton of able bodied human feces in this country living off you. Maybe you want to support them. Personally, they can do for themselves or go away. If gay mariiage were legalized think of the tax revenue and additional retail?...this is seriously a valid point to you to help revive an economy? A bunch of queens being allowed to get married will stimulate the American economy. It's so obvious how was it ever missed. You and Vessels need to get together and have a friggin sit down and discuss things. I'd be curious who passes out first from the lack of oxygen. Ever see the V8 commercial with that guy explaining how it tastes? That's your point being actually considered. Go crunch the numbers for me would ya?

Why crunch the numbers when you're just going to come back with "well fuck those queens anyway"?

I'm willing to take a hit for now to make sure I have a future to work towards.

MOTO13
11-07-2012, 01:26 PM
Maybe you better go do basic math. How much was America in debt at the time of the New Deal? Also, the ND would never work today. Want to know why? The friggin unions would stop it or simply put it out of reach. Now get back to how the queens will save the world if only, by some divine chance, they were simply allowed to be in blissful wedlock.

This is the state of America people...fuck the economy or any sign of rational thought, queers need wedding dresses.

_Lost_
11-07-2012, 02:25 PM
She never said it would save the world, simply that weddings are expensive and that more people getting married would mean more money being spent. In reality, if all states were to legalize it right now, the amount of money suddenly flowing into the market could give a nice little boost, at least temporarily. And considering that these are people having been previously denied something so culturally significant, they are bound to spend more and go bigger and more lavish than the average wedding. And then, when you think about how the average wedding costs (a little over 25k), that ends up being a lot of money coming into the economy from a source largely untapped.

Little_Miss_1565
11-07-2012, 02:27 PM
Moto, you might want to consider drinking less coffee. Jesus christ.

Static_Martyr
11-07-2012, 03:05 PM
Call me an asshole, but I LOVE watching people stew over the Obama win. There's just something cathartic about all of it. I don't even feel the need to debate them for hours on end anymore, because for the time being it doesn't matter, we won :D

At least for a little while, I'm gonna kick back, grab a snack, and watch the right-wingers and libertarians LOSE. THEIR. SHIT. It's awesome.

MOTO13
11-07-2012, 03:22 PM
Lol...gay wedding dresses are going to save America. I simply can't get past this one. I mean the feds could drop the gas tax for 6 months would be at least a sane answer to kick starting the economy, property tax relief, import tarrifs, putting a tax on condomns or even have a swab out tax at the local porno hut. No...gay cross dressing weddings.

MOTO13
11-07-2012, 03:28 PM
Call me an asshole, but I LOVE watching people stew over the Obama win. There's just something cathartic about all of it. I don't even feel the need to debate them for hours on end anymore, because for the time being it doesn't matter, we won :D

At least for a little while, I'm gonna kick back, grab a snack, and watch the right-wingers and libertarians LOSE. THEIR. SHIT. It's awesome.

See, you don't get it. It's about realizing there are people in this great country that are actually fucking stupid enough to vote for him not once...but twice. It's like you won a big shit pie and you are actually happy about it. Kind of makes me giggle too.

Little_Miss_1565
11-07-2012, 03:43 PM
I see you're grabbing onto one small part of something I said and magnifying it to outrageous proportions, with casual homophobia for spice! Saying that something could contribute in a positive manner to tax revenues is not the same as completely funding the national debt. Christ.

MOTO13
11-07-2012, 03:52 PM
But it is funny. In a complete and utter moronic way. I am stunned it was brought up. lol...

Static_Martyr
11-07-2012, 04:43 PM
See, you don't get it. It's about realizing there are people in this great country that are actually fucking stupid enough to vote for him not once...but twice. It's like you won a big shit pie and you are actually happy about it. Kind of makes me giggle too.

I voted for Obama twice. Because he was the better candidate both times. He wasn't perfect, but neither was Willard Romney, and Obama has "Obamacare" (which I am in favor of, although I still would've preferred a public option).

The coolest part about this is, I cannot describe how little I care what people like you think. If someone says I'm stupid for voting Obama, and goes onto some crazy rant about how "Obama hasn't done anything," I just kinda tune it out. I don't have to argue about it anymore because the facts are established, nothing more needs to be discussed. I don't have to waste my time going around debunking this idiocy anymore, at least for a little while. We won fair and square, Obama is president, and there's nothing you can do about it. That makes me happy :D So you guys can go back to being the noisy fringe minority for a few more years. And I am in no way obligated to give even the *slightest* shit what you have to say.

I'm gonna go make supper now, and worry about things unrelated to Obama haters.

Llamas
11-08-2012, 07:31 AM
But why, my friend?

Sure. But it does not make any sense.

It makes perfect sense. "Less" and "fewer" have exactly the same meaning; one is just for countable nouns, and the other for uncountable nouns. Considering that meaning is the most important part of language, and these two words carry the same meaning, it makes perfect sense. Many languages have no distinction for words like these between countable and uncountable nouns, so it's actually kind of silly that we do.

MOTO has clearly never seen a gay wedding or relationship. I'm just gonna make him uncomfortable by posting pictures of my friends

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/26624_10102551844854390_1776406114_n.jpg
OMG HOMO CROSS-DRESSING WEDDING!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/418765_10150632621790797_19717417_n.jpg

OMG DEVIANTS!!!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/60612_10151325266009369_1883619312_n.jpg

OBVIOUSLY WEDDING DRESSES ARE MORE IMPORTANT TO THESE PEOPLE THAN EATING. Because that's totally what it comes down to. (Celebrating when it was announced that the MN same-sex marriage ban failed)

Jojan
11-08-2012, 08:18 AM
[...] one is just for countable nouns, and the other for uncountable nouns.

Thus, they are different.

MOTO13
11-08-2012, 12:46 PM
Well, those guys look real happy actually. Good for them. Nothing says Americana like two dudes getting their legal on. We have an economy to save ya know. With all those guys around each other and the alcohol flowing, that wedding must have been a real blow out. Does one guy carry the other guy accross the threshhold or exactly wtf happens next? Are there flowers tossed or do they stick with the customary tossing of the salad?

Llamas
11-08-2012, 04:30 PM
Thus, they are different.

I guess the evolution of language means nothing to you... so much for weeding out useless words and spellings; you might as well revert to speaking Anglo-Saxon, since that's obviously far more correct than what you speak now.

Well, those guys look real happy actually. Good for them. Nothing says Americana like two dudes getting their legal on. We have an economy to save ya know. With all those guys around each other and the alcohol flowing, that wedding must have been a real blow out. Does one guy carry the other guy accross the threshhold or exactly wtf happens next? Are there flowers tossed or do they stick with the customary tossing of the salad?
Man, for someone who's supposedly straight, you sure spend an awful lot of time thinking about what gay people do, and about their sex. ;)

MOTO13
11-09-2012, 07:59 AM
Supposedly straight? Yeah, kind of like I am supposedly conservative and supposedly an asshole at times. Not so much curious about it...just that lifestyle is a head scratcher. With all the hot bitc...ummm, I mean lovely ladies in the world, why look at anything else?

Is George Clooney gay? I read something on the net in passing not getting the full story.

Tiny Vessels
11-09-2012, 08:08 AM
Supposedly straight? Yeah, kind of like I am supposedly conservative and supposedly an asshole at times. Not so much curious about it...just that lifestyle is a head scratcher. With all the hot bitc...ummm, I mean lovely ladies in the world, why look at anything else?

Is George Clooney gay? I read something on the net in passing not getting the full story.

MOTO- It's not a head scratcher at all, you love who you love. Nothing more than that. Hey a gay guy could say the same thing to you, how can you like a lady that's a head scratcher.

There is NO way that George Clooney is gay. He is the ultimate ladies man. Besides if he does turn out to be gay you better hit that and give me pics :)

MOTO13
11-09-2012, 08:36 AM
No..it's a head scratcher. But one thing, the more they need each other, the more ladies for me. Or, the more I get laughed at and ridiculed by them. Well, I was fucking stuuuuuunnnnnnnnnned that George Micahel was gay. I was like....huh? Gay? So if Clooney is, I can no longer be surprised.

Static_Martyr
11-09-2012, 08:53 AM
Is it just me, or does it smell kinda like closeted homosexual in here?

No need to hide it, we're all friends here. We won't judge ya ;)

Tiny Vessels
11-09-2012, 08:55 AM
No..it's a head scratcher. But one thing, the more they need each other, the more ladies for me. Or, the more I get laughed at and ridiculed by them. Well, I was fucking stuuuuuunnnnnnnnnned that George Micahel was gay. I was like....huh? Gay? So if Clooney is, I can no longer be surprised.

Don't worry MOTO you'll find a good girl who won't laugh (unless you're being funny) and ridicule you. I believe it's spelled Michael, George Michael.

MOTO13
11-09-2012, 09:09 AM

I've done some questionable things in my time, but slappin hammers with another dude wasn't one of 'em.

Little_Miss_1565
11-09-2012, 10:01 AM
So defunding PBS will balance the deficit, but increased local tax revenues and retail spending due to same-sex marriage licenses and related costs is bullshit because salad tossing. That doesn't sound bigoted at all.

MOTO13
11-09-2012, 10:12 AM
So defunding PBS will balance the deficit, but increased local tax revenues and retail spending due to same-sex marriage licenses and related costs is bullshit because salad tossing. That doesn't sound bigoted at all.

Can you get any more disconnected from reality? PBS..Big Bird Ernie and the entire crew...fantastic stuff. I love the programming. When we are $16,000,000,000,000 in debt, it is kind of crazy ass stupid to fund things LIKE THIS from borrowed funds when they can make on their own in the open market. If it is such good programming, and some of it certainly is, go into the open market and sell advetising. Maybe they'll reach an even bigger market.

Hell, have mock weddings. Have all the tinsel and garland you want.

Little_Miss_1565
11-09-2012, 10:16 AM
How about we fund PBS with the tax revenue from same-sex marriage?

MOTO13
11-09-2012, 10:50 AM
Now that's what I like about you...you think outside your box. One small flaw(two actually)...who is the great and powerful Oz that insists PBS or the programming they provide actually requires public funding? Also, the tax revenues from the marriages were to go to the state or feds to lower the deficit, right? Now you took away those funds and funded something else with these public funds. How does the deficit get reduced?

Llamas
11-09-2012, 12:03 PM
Yeah, for real. Why isn't EVERY woman 100% gay? Why are there straight women? Why do they want men? I don't get it.

It really, really does ;)

MOTO13
11-09-2012, 02:42 PM
Yeah, for real. Why isn't EVERY woman 100% gay? Why are there straight women? Why do they want men? I don't get it.

You know...I can't find a flaw in this analysis. Other than the impending demise of the human race. That...and chicks that dig dudes are generally a bit more level headed and not wound so tight.

Godxilla
11-09-2012, 03:34 PM
It's because the Anunaki altered our DNA in prehistory so that we would feel love toward not our fellow man, but our opposite woman. Get it?

MOTO13
11-09-2012, 03:55 PM
Well, glad he did. Cause my depth perception would get all jacked up staring at a johnson.

Static_Martyr
11-10-2012, 10:25 PM
Well, glad he did. Cause my depth perception would get all jacked up staring at a johnson.

Did someone call you gay somewhere? I looked back but I couldn't find any instance thereof. I was just curious, since you keep denying that you're gay and talking about how being gay would be inconvenient.

MOTO13
11-13-2012, 08:16 AM
I am pretty damn certain, call it 100% definite, I ain't flagging down any queers anytime soon. Any of the laides out there want to test this...hit me up.

Llamas
11-13-2012, 03:21 PM
I am pretty damn certain, call it 100% definite, I ain't flagging down any queers anytime soon. Any of the laides out there want to test this...hit me up.

Bisexuality exists, so even if you managed to find yourself a female human to sleep with in an internet message board, that would prove nothing.

Static_Martyr
11-13-2012, 05:36 PM

As far as I can tell, nobody's really said you would. So I guess I don't understand why you're denying it as much as you are.

Little_Miss_1565
11-13-2012, 05:39 PM
People generally don't put this much effort into denying things they feel secure about.

MOTO13
11-14-2012, 07:48 AM
lol. I'm a closet democrat too.

Tiny Vessels
11-14-2012, 09:13 AM
lol. I'm a closet democrat too.

I fucking knew it!!!!! Oh happy days are here :)