PDA

View Full Version : The Prodigy - Invaders Must Die - March 2nd

holland25
11-05-2008, 06:32 AM
Yes! Yes! Yes! Finally!

And Keith will be featured again! Hope it works out well.

Source: The Prodigy mailing list.

~|Vredina|~
11-05-2008, 08:33 AM
I luv this group too! I've been to their concerts twice, it was awesome! I'm looking forward to see them again with new tracks!

H1T_That
11-05-2008, 10:29 AM
Awesome news! Prodigy are top class!

holland25
11-05-2008, 11:21 AM
Yes, especially with vocals of both Keith and Maxim. Reminds me of good old times of Poison, No Good, Breathe, Baby's Got a Temper and Firestarter (though my favourite tracks are from the Experience era). I don't say AONO sucked, but it did, except Spitfire, Hotride and Memphis Bells.

H1T_That
11-06-2008, 04:40 AM
I generally agree.

SpitFire is my favourite track by them.

holland25
11-06-2008, 10:24 AM
Well, I've got quite a lot favourite tracks, but to choose the best 5, I'd go with:
Jericho
We are the Ruffest
Break & Enter
Smack My Bitch Up
Baby's Got a Temper

~|Vredina|~
11-08-2008, 02:22 PM
Well, I've got quite a lot favourite tracks, but to choose the best 5, I'd go with:
Jericho
We are the Ruffest
Break & Enter
Smack My Bitch Up
Baby's Got a Temper

These are my favourite traks too! But I also like Hotride and Breathe.

Btw, they've cancelled the show in Moscow, which was supposed to be on the 1st of december :( The named the reason - economic crisis =/

H1T_That
11-11-2008, 04:57 PM
shame to hear about the cancellation. Good job they've announced a UK tour to which i have tickets!!

H1T_That
11-13-2008, 09:21 AM
So i went to listen to some Prodigy today..

It's gone. All gone. :(

Someone hit me up with Always outnumbered never outgunned and/or Fat of the land please?

holland25
11-13-2008, 01:01 PM
Yes, I'll upload it as soon as possible.

Oooor, here are the links I found:

http://rapidshare.com/files/141303446/Prodigy_The-The_Fat_Of_The_Land-1997-iRO.rar.html

and

http://rapidshare.com/files/29460906/always_outnumbered_never_outgunned.zip

Hope they both work and don't need a password.

H1T_That
11-13-2008, 03:25 PM
Yes, I'll upload it as soon as possible.

Oooor, here are the links I found:

http://rapidshare.com/files/141303446/Prodigy_The-The_Fat_Of_The_Land-1997-iRO.rar.html

and

http://rapidshare.com/files/29460906/always_outnumbered_never_outgunned.zip

Hope they both work and don't need a password.

What a hero! thanks man!

holland25
11-14-2008, 01:08 AM
No problem. And if you want something more from them, feel free to ask. I've got so far:

Liam's 1st demo tape
Liam's 2nd demo tape
What Evil Lurks 7''
Charly 12'' and 7''
Everybody in the Place 7''
Charly/Everybody in the Place 12''
Experience
Fire/Jericho 12'' and UK CDS
Out of Space 7'' and CD Maxi
Wind It Up 12'' and CD Maxi
One Love 12'' and CD Maxi
Music for the Jilted Generation
No Good CDS
Voodoo People 12'' and CD Maxi
Poison CDS
Firestarter CDS
Breathe CDS and 12''
Minefields promo
Funky Shit promo
The Fat of the Land
Smack My Bitch Up CD Maxi and Promo
Smack My Bitch Up (Slacker Remix) promo
The Dirtchamber Sessions Vol. 1
Mindfields CDr promo
Baby's Got a Temper CDS
Girls/Memphis Bells promo
Girls CDS and Promo
Always Outnumbered Never Outgunned
Hot Ride promo
Hotride CDS
Get Up Get Off promo
Spitfire CDS
Their Law: The Singles
Voodoo People/Out of Space 2005 CDS
Voodoo People/Out of Space/Smack My Bitch Up Remixes promo CDr
The Shadow Promo
Experience Expanded
More Music for the Jilted Generation
and a collection of B-Sides made by myself.

holland25
11-26-2008, 01:49 PM
Bump.

If anyone is interested, the promo of the song Invaders Must Die is available for free download on their homesite. Click www.theprodigy.com and the download survey appears. It's pretty solid song in my opinion.

holland25
01-14-2009, 02:00 AM
Another bump. Great news. The album is being released on 23rd of February, which is a week earlier that it was supposed to be, with its first single ''Omen'' released on 16th of February. If anyone is interested, I recently ripped the promo of the song from Radio 1. The quality is rather poor, but listenable. Here's the link: http://rapidshare.com/files/183078907/09_-_Omen__Radio_1_Premiere_.mp3.html

Let me know what you think about it.

EDIT: I also expanded the list of records from the band I own. I recenly got some rare promos and remixes.

~|Vredina|~
01-27-2009, 06:49 AM
Another bump. Great news. The album is being released on 23rd of February, which is a week earlier that it was supposed to be, with its first single ''Omen'' released on 16th of February. If anyone is interested, I recently ripped the promo of the song from Radio 1. The quality is rather poor, but listenable. Here's the link: http://rapidshare.com/files/183078907/09_-_Omen__Radio_1_Premiere_.mp3.html

Let me know what you think about it.

EDIT: I also expanded the list of records from the band I own. I recenly got some rare promos and remixes.

Yep, great news, can't wait to listen to the whole album!

holland25
02-09-2009, 05:54 AM
Bump! Invaders Must Die leaked this friday. The album kicks ass. My review:

1. (9/10) Invaders Must Die: Everyone already know this song's edit. Well, the full version is very similar, but longer and has a different ending.
2. (10/10) Omen: Almost the same as the edit mixed with the extended mix. The ending goes perfectly straight to Thunder
3. (10/10) Melodic singing by Maxim is something we never heard before, and it sounds pretty cool. The distorted sample of Thun-Thun-Thunder kicks ass.
4. (9/10) Colours: Keith sings in that one, and it has the most lyrics from the whole album. It seems the most punky song from the album. Weird screeching piano tune and fast beat. What more can I say?
5. (11/10) Take Me to the Hospital: The best tune from the whole record in my opinion. Classic Experience keyboards and Out of Space chipmunk sample makes it the most old-school song on the album. Oh, and it is supplemented by vocals by Keith.
6. (9/10) Warrior's Dance: Very melodic song. We've already heard that one live, but the album version is even more cool. It has female vocals (at least they sound so). It has very weird ending with conversation between someone.
7. (9/10) Run with the Wolves: Another punk song, vocals by Keith and it's pretty fast too.
8. (10/10) Omen Reprise: Distorted bits of Omen, wonderful piano riff. It's rather slow, but reminds me of the old school Prodigy again. It fades out to World's on Fire
9. (10/10) World's on Fire: Another one we've all heard live. 3-2-1-Zero sample stayed, so it fits perfectly. Another classic keyboard riffs song.
10. (9/10) Piranha: Vocals by Maxim, and one that resembles AONO the most, but it still sounds fresh and new. Pi-pi-pi-pi-Piranha!
11. (12/10) Wow, just WOW. This song has an incredible saxophone-like ska sample, it is the longest song on the album and most unique song Prodigy ever made. It's impossible to don't like.

Overall: 9,8/10

The album is not that great as MFTJG was, but it is trillion times better than AONO and thousand times better than TFOTL. Worth buying and listening. You can listen to it 5 times a day, and still won't get bored.

holland25
02-23-2009, 01:16 AM
Shameless bump:

http://rapidshare.com/files/201487955/IMD___Lost_Beats.rar

The whole album + the bonus EP. Enjoy!

~|Vredina|~
02-23-2009, 03:39 AM
Shameless bump:

http://rapidshare.com/files/201487955/IMD___Lost_Beats.rar

The whole album + the bonus EP. Enjoy!

Thank you :)

holland25
06-28-2009, 02:24 AM
Sooo, apparently my Prodigy obsession got so big that, according to my last.fm, they finally got ahead of Offspring. I'm proud of myself now :D

- -Lauren- -
06-30-2009, 10:22 AM
My GOD I love The Prodigy, and Invaders Must Die is an INCREDIBLE album, one of the best releases of the year in my opinion. I can listen to it nonstop and never get tired of it. I'm spreading this around like crazy, all of my friends listen to The Prodigy now.

One of them can play "Omen" on the piano now too, he loves it so much.

holland25
07-02-2009, 01:29 AM
All the Prodigy albums are awesome, but the best so far, in my opinion, is definitely Music for the Jilted Generation. On the other hand, the worst is Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned.

holland25
11-09-2009, 01:25 PM
Bump! So apparently a special edition with 2nd CD, including The Big Gundown & Wild West from The Lost Beats, the live version of Omen, remixes previously released on Omen, Warrior's Dance & Take Me to the Hospital singles + Liam's Re-Amped version of IMD (which already was released for a free download) alongside with two new remixes (the Bang Gang remix of Thunder and the Yuksek Remix of Invaders Must Die) has just come out (today). I don't have it yet, cause people are lame and lazy to rip it and upload it somewhere, but I've heard the live version of Omen, the Yuksek remix of IMD and Liam's Re-Amped version of IMD, and I pretty much like all three of them. This was intended just to let you all know.

But the main point is, the Invaders EP (with Liam's Re-Amped version of IMD, Thunder (Arveene & Misk's Storm-Warning Remix), Proxy and Doorly remixes of IMD and MESCALINE) is out 30th of november. So we finally get Mescaline. I cannot wait :)

dexter12296566
11-09-2009, 03:14 PM
I'm pretty sure Prodigy was in the 1999 Guiness World Record book