PDA

View Full Version : Michael Crichton has died.

Omni
11-06-2008, 11:06 AM
I am saddened by this :(

For those who don't recognize his name, he was a novelist, and many of his books were transformed into movies. He wrote The Andromeda Strain, Jurassic Park/The Lost World, Rising Sun (first book of his I ever read), State of Fear, Disclosure, and Next.

hshduppsnt
11-06-2008, 11:07 AM
Apparently after a long battle with cancer :(

he was only 66 and I was wondering when he was going to pump out
his next best hit... :(

wheelchairman
11-06-2008, 12:08 PM
I spent the last semester reading his books in my freetime. (well only two.) This is vaguely and perhaps slightly depressing to me. But only vaguely and slightly even though I really enjoy his books and writing style.

Little_Miss_1565
11-06-2008, 02:39 PM
The title of this thread is supposed to be Michael Crichton is DEAD.

But seriously, yeah. Rather a bummer. And totally overshadowed by news of the election.

F@ BANKZ
11-06-2008, 02:54 PM

That was a high-larious jape? Or no jape?

sKratch
11-06-2008, 03:57 PM
I read through his books like a madman when I was in 8th/9th grade. It's a shame he's gone. I hadn't heard much about him in a long time until I heard the news on NPR this morning.

0r4ng3
11-06-2008, 05:20 PM
I thought people were starting to get sick of that, or was it just the one time I did it?

sKratch
11-06-2008, 05:34 PM
Remember that time you used to kill jokes?

Please don't say it :(

Omni
11-06-2008, 09:19 PM

But seriously, yeah. Rather a bummer. And totally overshadowed by news of the election.

It actually happened on Election Day. I was trying to keep this from sounding like another race to see who can post a celebrity death the fastest (Cock Joke decided to join the fun today) which is why I posted some of his works, so people could be more familiar.

darea
11-07-2008, 12:42 AM
I am saddened by this :(

For those who don't recognize his name, he was a novelist, and many of his books were transformed into movies. He wrote The Andromeda Strain, Jurassic Park/The Lost World, Rising Sun (first book of his I ever read), State of Fear, Disclosure, and Next.

For real? Oh, man! I thought it was a joke when I first read this. I wasn't a fan but I liked his stuff. How many more people are gonna die this year?

Maybe there should be a special RIP thread or something to them all in the same thing!

Omni
11-07-2008, 01:13 AM
I wasn't a fan but I liked his stuff.

That's called a fan.

Bipolar Bear
11-07-2008, 06:08 PM
the Jurassic park series was good.

RonWelty
11-07-2008, 06:13 PM
Jurassic Park was good. Too bad for him.

LosingStreak
12-07-2008, 12:33 PM
I liked the andromeda strain...

Rutegard
12-07-2008, 12:51 PM
what type of cancer? anyone knows?

darea
12-08-2008, 03:30 AM
That's called a fan.

Lol. For me fan is someone who LOVES somebody's stuff. I thought the stuff was okay.. I guess I was more a fan of "jurassik park" (movie and book) than the writer himself. Cause I didn't like any of his other novels especially...

Duskygrin
12-08-2008, 11:31 AM
I remember reading sth by him, I'm not sure what, must have been The 13th warrior. Was all right.

Paint_It_Black
12-08-2008, 12:12 PM
I'm a pretty big fan of Michael Crichton, so yeah I was quite bummed about this. Same year that Robert Jordan died too. On the plus side I've gained cool points, since most of my favorite writers are now dead. Thanks a lot cancer, you're a pal.

I am now going to embark on a scientific quest to one day create an island full of cloned Crichtons. It's the only acceptable tribute I can think of.