PDA

View Full Version : Howard Stern on Obama.

OffspringHead
11-06-2008, 08:44 PM
Howard Stern aired a segment where he had someone go into Harlem, New York and interview people that wanted Obama to win. But when the interview went on, they used McCain policies and contributed them to Obama. Such as:

Reporter: Who do you want to win this election?
Black guy: I want Obama to win
Reporter: Do you think that Palin would be a good vice president for Obama?
Black guy: Yes I do. I think she's the perfect choice for him.

Just goes to show that Obama got A LOT of votes because he was black. I find it to be funny. Though I will probably be attacked as a "racist" and a liar for it on this forum. But whatever. Here is your proof if you don't believe me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqAiarOhC2U

I'm pretty sure this was a while ago so most of you may have heard about it already.

bighead384
11-06-2008, 08:52 PM
The percentages of racial minorities voting democrat have hardly changed since the 2004 presidential election, which featured two WHITE candidates. I don't care who you voted for, you have to admit it's downright stupid to act like these historical voting trends are all the sudden a result of unsophistication on the part of racial minorities. And if I hear anyone else bitching about this as if it's evidence of "reverse racism", I'm dropping an anvil on their head. Just like in the cartoons.

OffspringHead
11-06-2008, 08:53 PM
The percentages of racial minorities voting democrat have hardly changed since the 2004 presidential election, which featured two WHITE candidates. I don't care who you voted for, you have to admit it's downright stupid to act like these historical voting trends are all the sudden a result of unsophistication on the part of racial minorities. And if I hear anyone else bitching about this as if it's evidence of "reverse racism", I'm dropping an anvil on their head. Just like in the cartoons.
Nobody on this forum has a sense of humor. *sigh*

T-6005
11-06-2008, 08:54 PM
OffspringHead, you seem desperate to prove how "not racist" you are when you post and say racist things. What's up with that?

bighead384
11-06-2008, 08:54 PM
Nobody on this forum has a sense of humor. *sigh*

What did I miss?

OffspringHead
11-06-2008, 08:59 PM
OffspringHead, you seem desperate to prove how "not racist" you are when you post and say racist things. What's up with that?
Because I'm not a fucking racist. I just thought it was funny how ignorant a bunch of black people from Harlem know nothing about their black president. I would have said the same fucking thing if it were ignorant white trash talking about McCain like that. It's not like I go one fucking way. It's not like I dislike black people. It just happens to be black people that don't know what the fuck the person their voting for is all about. All they know is that he's black and their going to vote for him. Uh. That's funny despite their race.

And I'm sorry if the truth is racist. If what I said is racist to you, then I guess I'm a fucking racist then.

0r4ng3
11-06-2008, 09:01 PM
I personally think Obama lost just as many votes as he gained just because he's half black. So basically it all evens out.

Okay, so I know I'm talking bullshit. But I know that it's not all polarized one way or another.

bighead384
11-06-2008, 09:07 PM
Just goes to show that Obama got A LOT of votes because he was black. I find it to be funny. Though I will probably be attacked as a "racist" and a liar for it on this forum. But whatever. Here is your proof if you don't believe me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqAiarOhC2U

That's why you seem racist, even if you really aren't.

WebDudette
11-06-2008, 09:19 PM
McCain didn't get a lot of votes because hes an old white guy?

jacknife737
11-06-2008, 10:31 PM
Wait, i'm confused. People still listen to Howard Stern?

IamSam
11-06-2008, 10:56 PM
McCain didn't get a lot of votes because hes an old white guy?

Ageism. Racisims old cousin.

randman21
11-06-2008, 11:56 PM
OffspringHead, you seem to have no sense of humor. Can't you tell when you're being baited? No one here thinks you're really racist. This is sorta like "Jay Walking". Just because he didn't know who Sarah Palin was, that doesn't mean he voted for Obama because he was black. He probably wouldn't have known who Joe Biden was either.

wheelchairman
11-07-2008, 01:44 AM
I hate those kinds of interview situations. Also Jay Leno's "talking to Americans" or whatever it's called and other comedy shows.

You can make any group of people sound stupid by interviewing enough of them so that you can have an entire segment of the ones that responded poorly, despite that it might have only been 1%.

I also dislike the people who find this form of humor funny.

Vera
11-07-2008, 01:58 AM
I was gonna say I'm not surprise there are uneducated black people since generally black people are less educated than the white majority - if somebody grows and lives in Harlem, it's (statistically speaking) unlikely they have a college degree. Of course you could say you don't need a college degree to know things about your candidate or keep up with the news, but maybe if you don't have a college education you're busy working low paid jobs just to support yourself/your family and thus unable to keep up with who tf Sarah Palin is.

Though even with this sort of inequality, there are stupid people and smart people in every group. Big deal.

JohnnyNemesis
11-07-2008, 04:21 AM
Though I will probably be attacked as a "racist" and a liar for it on this forum.

More like an "idiot". A Howard Stern clip where he interviews a handful of people in ONE area of the country = a LOT of people voting for Obama just 'cause he's black?

What about all the people who DIDN'T vote for him 'cause he's black?

What about all the people who voted for McCain 'cause he's a white guy?

What about the fact that we'd never even had a black candidate before? You tryin' to tell me that all those people weren't in the positions they're in 'cause they're white? If so, that's fucking ridiculous.

C'mon, this is really basic stuff here, give me a goddamn break.

I would have said the same fucking thing if it were ignorant white trash talking about McCain like that.

Then you should have done that, instead. But you didn't.

You're not racist 'cause of that, you're racist 'cause you implied that there's some sort of collective stupidity amongst black people about their own president based on a Howard Stern clip, and you didn't assign that same collectivity to all the dumb white people out there. You overlooked how complicated this all is.

Also: http://www.zcommunications.org/zspace/viewCommentary/3618/1

Little_Miss_1565
11-07-2008, 06:18 AM
More like an "idiot". A Howard Stern clip where he interviews a handful of people in ONE area of the country = a LOT of people voting for Obama just 'cause he's black?

And nevermind the possibility that a lot of those interviewed said "fuck you Palin sucks McCain sucks" and they just opted not to use it since it didn't go towards the segment's 'point.'

None of this shit is at all scientific, OffspringHead, it's entertainment. You might not be racist for buying into it, but it doesn't make you very smart.

OffspringHead
11-07-2008, 08:53 AM
Whatever. All of you assholes need to lighten up and get the sticks out of your asses.

I never bought into it, Little Miss 1565. It's just fucking common sense to know that there ARE people out there that voted for Obama because and ONLY because of the color of his skin. And vise versa.

That's great that there are eduacated people out there that didn't vote for him because of that but that's not who I fucking talked about is it? I talked about the other half. But when I talk about the uneduacated, African American part of this whole thing, im a racist and ignorant. Whatever. You all are a bunch of stuck up assholes. Every post I make is a fucking issue to somebody.

OffspringHead
11-07-2008, 08:57 AM

What about all the people who DIDN'T vote for him 'cause he's black?

What about all the people who voted for McCain 'cause he's a white guy?

What about the fact that we'd never even had a black candidate before? You tryin' to tell me that all those people weren't in the positions they're in 'cause they're white? If so, that's fucking ridiculous.

C'mon, this is really basic stuff here, give me a goddamn break.

Ok. You know why they don't talk about all that shit? Cause you can turn on any fucking news station to hear about it. It's supposed to fucking be funny. Harlem which is made up of minorities didn't know his policies. I don't understand what the big deal is. I was trying to maybe give people a little laugh and all you do is get all fucking defensive. Lighten the fuck up.

You overlooked how complicated this all is.

And you overlooked the funny.

Little_Miss_1565
11-07-2008, 08:59 AM
Real life trolling is about as annoying as internet trolling, too. You're free to find it funny, however, you can't expect anyone else to think trolling is OMG SO FUNNIES.

OffspringHead
11-07-2008, 09:02 AM
Real life trolling is about as annoying as internet trolling, too. You're free to find it funny, however, you can't expect anyone else to think trolling is OMG SO FUNNIES.

Like I said, I'm sorry you're a bunch of fucking twats who need to be 100% serious all the fucking time.

JohnnyNemesis
11-07-2008, 09:03 AM
Ok. You know why they don't talk about all that shit? Cause you can turn on any fucking news station to hear about it.

Nope. Did any news station you saw talk about all the people who voted for McCain 'cause he's a white guy, the fact that we'd never even had a black candidate before, and the fact that all previous candidates were in the positions they were in because they're white? Cause I'd like to watch your TV if so.

It's supposed to fucking be funny.

But it wasn't, partially because Howard Stern is just plain fucking lame, and partially 'cause of the obvious reasons people talked about. And even if it was funny, that wouldn't mean it aint fucked up or stupid.

Like I said, I'm sorry you're a bunch of fucking twats who need to be 100% serious all the fucking time.

Right now you're like a comedian ranting against his audience for not finding him funny. It's not that we're 100% serious all the time, it's that it wasn't. fucking. funny!!! Just accept it!

OffspringHead
11-07-2008, 09:04 AM
http://news.upickreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/nm_gorilla_080411_ssh.jpg
This is all of your faces when I tell a joke. All you gotta do is smile and lighten up.

JohnnyNemesis
11-07-2008, 09:06 AM

Whoa, you got all awesome on me all of a sudden. I like this post, I like it alot.

OffspringHead
11-07-2008, 09:07 AM
Nope. Did any news station you saw talk about all the people who voted for McCain 'cause he's a white guy, the fact that we'd never even had a black candidate before, and the fact that all previous candidates were in the positions they were in because they're white? Cause I'd like to watch your TV if so.

But it wasn't, partially because Howard Stern is just plain fucking lame, and partially 'cause of the obvious reasons people talked about. And even if it was funny, that wouldn't mean it aint fucked up or stupid.

Right now you're like a comedian ranting against his audience for not finding him funny. It's not that we're 100% serious all the time, it's that it wasn't. fucking. funny!!! Just accept it!
Ok so what do you find funny? What makes you laugh?

What funny did you miss in the interviews? The slightly offsenive nature behind it? Big fucking deal. It was slightly offensive so it's not funny. You sound like my fucking grandmother.

Little_Miss_1565
11-07-2008, 09:16 AM
What you're not getting, OffspringHead, is that liking Howard's edgy humor doesn't make you edgy or sophisticated. You have a consistent history of oversimplifying things and then flipping out when people don't read between the lines of what you say in a manner that you like. Basically, if you can't be fucked to be clear about what you're trying to say from the first post, we can't be fucked to take you seriously or laugh.

OffspringHead
11-07-2008, 09:28 AM
What you're not getting, OffspringHead, is that liking Howard's edgy humor doesn't make you edgy or sophisticated. You have a consistent history of oversimplifying things and then flipping out when people don't read between the lines of what you say in a manner that you like. Basically, if you can't be fucked to be clear about what you're trying to say from the first post, we can't be fucked to take you seriously or laugh.

I don't oversimplify anything. All I do is state facts and probablity. Such as my "Obama will be assassinated" belief.

I got attacked for thinking that when the probablity of it happening is somewhat likely. And i personally believe it's going to happen. But everyone instantly jumped down my throat.

People jumped down my throat about my rape comment about abortion. I stated the facts: people who get raped and get pregnant compared to people who don't wear a condom and get pregnant are great. More people are stupid and don't wear a condom then get an abortion than people who get raped and get an abortion.

And this topic. All I do is show a little fucking clip from the Howard Stern show (which the name "Howard Stern Show" is causing un-necessary judging) about minorities in Harlem that are for the minority candidate YET, they don't know anything about his policies. Those could be 3 people IN THE WORLD that are that ignorant and stupid, but it still shows you Obama was supported cause he was black by SOME people. Not ALLLL people. Some fucking people.

I don't oversimplify anything. You all just take everything I say into a different perspective.

nieh
11-07-2008, 10:02 AM
Ok so what do you find funny?

I have to admit the picture of the albino ape in a thread where people are discussing racism did kind of make me chuckle inside a little, though I'm not sure if it was for the reasons intended.

Jebus
11-07-2008, 10:13 AM
You say ALL you did was post a funny clip about 3 ignorant people. I would have believed you and moved on, but you didn't just do that. You just HAD to add the that last line saying that this was conclusive proof that A LOT of people only voted for him because he's black, which sounded like it was the main point of your thread, not the "funny" part. I mean, of course there's some people who voted for him because he's black. You act as if it's some secret knowledge no one is aware of just how you acted with the assassination stuff. And you're the enlighten one who will come down from the heavens and educate us extremely ignorant folk with your vast knowledge derived from simple common sense, which no else possesses btw.

Maybe your point would have more merit if your posted a scientific study, which might have something worth discussing. Instead you just posted a stupid Howard Stern clip and used that as your proof. If so many people voted only because a candidate is black, Jesse Jackson would have been president by now. This simple reasoning is enough to say there was more to Barack other than he's black. Also, historically, most black people always vote democrat, so it's not as those three people would have not voted for him if he wasn't black. I admit that people were definately more enthusiastic about it because he's black though.

Little_Miss_1565
11-07-2008, 10:37 AM
No, OffspringHead, you're not clear, and you using the rape/abortion comment you made as an example really only supports my side of this and not yours, because you were 100% not clear and just trying to be inflammatory to seem edgy and cool.

BTW, I'm a Sirius subscriber and only joined when Howard made the switch to satellite. So no, I'm not judging you for the Howard thing, because I'm a fan. I'm judging you because you're trying to defend being ignorant of how your words sound.

OffspringHead
11-07-2008, 11:43 AM
I have to admit the picture of the albino ape in a thread where people are discussing racism did kind of make me chuckle inside a little, though I'm not sure if it was for the reasons intended.
It was intended for chuckles. Whatever. You guys don't find it funny so whatever. I guess I'm nothing but an under-analyzed thinker that thinks racism is funny.

JohnnyNemesis
11-07-2008, 12:57 PM
I mean, yeah, pretty much.

sKratch
11-07-2008, 02:21 PM
No, no, guys! No! Wait, it's reeeallly funny you just don't get it. Let me explain to you why this funny joke is so funny.

PS - Even if what you say is truly not racist, the preface "I don't want to sound racist but..." well, makes you sound racist. Then JN and other blacks like him get upset very easily.