PDA

View Full Version : Is Kristy the most serious song Offspring have ever recorded?

one hundred punks
11-07-2008, 05:00 AM
Based on the subject matter, I would say yes.They need to put this out ASAP as the album has stalled at around 160,000 copies.This has the potential to be a big pop song for them as well as helping to address a very important subject matter.

They also need to release Fix You as this could be another big cross over hit.As fans of the band I know we would prefer some of the more rocking songs but they need to get this album moving again.

Kristy was my favorite song when I first heard the album and it will be even if it is played to death on the radio.

Rutegard
11-07-2008, 05:02 AM
the most serious? i wouldn't go that far....i'd say...one of the most serious

randman21
11-07-2008, 05:10 AM
Absolutely not. I'd say "Gone Away" is the most serious. I don't a dark, haunted vibe from Kristy. I agree with your other point about them needing to release it, though.

dr.vanessa
11-07-2008, 05:13 AM
Absolutely not. I'd say "Gone Away" is the most serious. I don't a dark, haunted vibe from Kristy. I agree with your other point about them needing to release it, though.

q.f.t. .

SaiKYoU
11-07-2008, 05:45 AM
no, next question...

and with Gone Away i wanna add Amazed...

Mucho Macho
11-07-2008, 05:49 AM
No, only the most "gay" one

Omni
11-07-2008, 08:29 AM
Kirsty Are You Doing OK, Gone Away, Amazed, Dirty Magic, The Kids Aren't Alright, Can't Repeat - all very serious songs.

Free?
11-07-2008, 08:38 AM
Lol. Not The One, half of Self-titled, few from Ixnay, Smash, Americana, COO, Splinter and even RAFRAG are more or equally serious.

ad8
11-07-2008, 09:40 AM
I'd consider it serious if Dexter had not bought this song...

ad8
11-07-2008, 09:42 AM
Maybe I'd consider it serious if it was a real Offspring song...

F@ BANKZ
11-07-2008, 09:44 AM

I was going to say the same, but Dexter is deadly serious in both songs, there's no way to say whether he was being more so in one than the other; it's not like one has an obvious joke in the title to give it away

Dragnet
11-07-2008, 12:58 PM
Bought this one? Help me out here, I think I can't follow

Nitro Punk
11-07-2008, 02:39 PM
Gone Away is the most serious song!

Cock Joke
11-07-2008, 02:54 PM

Conspiracy theory?

Stylie
11-07-2008, 06:41 PM

Uh? It is a real Offspring song, just a little bit different.
As Dexter said, they make what they want to. ...and that's good. ...that's punk, hahah. ^^

iPunk247
11-07-2008, 07:23 PM
they've gotta have a balanced between some serious ones & joke ones duuuh

Aria
11-16-2008, 05:08 AM
Gone Away is the most serious song!

I think some of their 'deep' songs are Fix You, Gone Away, Amazed, Denial Revisited, Dirty Magic (acoustic), Pay the Man and Baghdad. I'm sure some will pop up along the way too. They've got way too many good songs!!!

ad8
11-16-2008, 05:54 AM
Bought this one? Help me out here, I think I can't follow

Conspiracy theory?

Uh? It is a real Offspring song, just a little bit different.
As Dexter said, they make what they want to. ...and that's good. ...that's punk, hahah. ^^

I thought that Dexter let someone else write one song off RAFRAG... and I thought he said that this song was Kristy... but forget it:D

the_real_potomek
11-16-2008, 07:33 AM
Kristy is definately one of the most serious Offspring songs, but they've made many serious songs, so it's hard to choose which one is the most serious...

offs55
11-16-2008, 08:14 AM
no, is the most gay song

Blastero
11-16-2008, 01:41 PM
Are you kidding me? Da Hui is the most serious song they've ever made. The first time I heard it, I cried so much that I passed out of dehydration.

renato piquette
11-16-2008, 02:20 PM

jeje,agree!

Rutegard
11-17-2008, 04:16 AM
I thought that Dexter let someone else write one song off RAFRAG... and I thought he said that this song was Kristy... but forget it:D

really? cause i read somewhere that noodles or bob rock said that dexter arrived to the studio with the lyrics almost ready for this one...

hangovered
11-17-2008, 05:50 AM
All this album is serious. Did you noticed that there are no "joke song" like "Worst hangover ever" or "Don't pick it up"?
There are a lot of more serious and better songs that that one. That it's gay doesn't mean it's most serious.

jacknife737
11-17-2008, 06:12 AM
People above the age of 8 should not be using "gay" as an appropriate adjective.

Ninty Man
11-17-2008, 09:03 AM
All this album is serious. Did you noticed that there are no "joke song" like "Worst hangover ever" or "Don't pick it up"?
There are a lot of more serious and better songs that that one. That it's gay doesn't mean it's most serious.

Maybe stuff is messed up is the lest serious song

Stylie
11-17-2008, 12:53 PM
Maybe stuff is messed up is the lest serious song

Noodles said that too. If it's a joke song on RAFRAG, it's SIMU.

RageAndLov
11-17-2008, 05:21 PM
Gone Away and Kristy are two very serious songs, but not as serious as I choose

Smash_Returns
11-17-2008, 10:12 PM
I'd say Gone Away is the most serious.

However, on RAFRAG, there is no joke song. SIMU isn't even really a joke song, it's one about the degradation of American society. (Pretty typical punk topic)

Also, they never update those album sales numbers. It might be 8x Platinum, and we don't know it. (a hyperbole, of course). However, I think YGGFK sold more albums than we know.

Desperado
11-17-2008, 10:32 PM
Feelings. It doesn't sound "professional" but rather grimey and rough and genuine. Kristy comes off as pseudo-serious to me and it's annoying. Same with A Lot Like Me. Gone Away comes close but "stinks" in the chorus kinda draws it back a little. Self Esteem is another one also. Amazed comes in second place.

Tijs
11-17-2008, 11:29 PM
Gone Away comes close but "stinks" in the chorus kinda draws it back a little.You might want to re-read the lyrics then; Dexter's singing "stings", not "stinks".

Thomas
11-18-2008, 12:38 AM
Feelings. It doesn't sound "professional" but rather grimey and rough and genuine.
http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/facepalm.gif

The song is a parody of an old Morris Albert song.

Gone Away comes close but "stinks" in the chorus kinda draws it back a little.
http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/facepalm.gif

Free?
11-18-2008, 06:42 AM
"...And it stiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinks, and it stiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinks lliike..."
Waahahahaha

one hundred punks
11-18-2008, 07:08 AM
I'd say Gone Away is the most serious.

However, on RAFRAG, there is no joke song. SIMU isn't even really a joke song, it's one about the degradation of American society. (Pretty typical punk topic)

Also, they never update those album sales numbers. It might be 8x Platinum, and we don't know it. (a hyperbole, of course). However, I think YGGFK sold more albums than we know.

Come again? Billboard comes out every week.RAFRAG at most is at 200,000 sold in the US. That is a shame and all the more reason that Kristy needs to be released along with Fix You next.

How the fuck old are some of you? Using "Gay" as a way to describe Kristy.If you don't like the song or are too young to understand the subject matter,fine. Please find other ways to express your dislike instead of making Offspring fans look moronic.

disclaimer_07
11-18-2008, 07:14 AM
If Kristy is serious, then what about Jennifer?

"...And it stiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinks, and it stiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinks lliike..."
Waahahahaha

Yeah, that made me rotflol. xD

Camilamazed
11-18-2008, 08:06 AM
Come on, guys. The most gay song?

We're talking about lyrics here. Lighten up!

That's alright about not liking the song, but hey one cannot deny it's serious. I would say it is serious just like Gone Away and End of the line.

randman21
11-18-2008, 08:31 AM
I would like to change what I said earlier. I was thinking "saddest". That would be "Gone Away" for me, but I guess there's no way to quantify the level of seriousness of a song. Kristy is serious, Pretty Fly is not. I can't really think of an in-between.

Camilamazed
11-18-2008, 08:55 AM
Yeah, Gone away can be classified as sad. After all losing someone you love is the worst thing in life.

I see Kristy as serious, because it seems that an action would have made a difference. ("and I should've spoke out and I'm so sorry now" ).

dr.vanessa
11-18-2008, 09:38 AM
Gone Away,Amazed,Jennifer,Lightning Rod,Race Against Myself and many many more but these r my favourite i think...

Rutegard
11-18-2008, 12:03 PM
If Kristy is serious, then what about Jennifer?

yeah....u won! jennifer is by far the most serious one! (my opinion)

hangovered
11-18-2008, 01:14 PM
How the fuck old are some of you? Using "Gay" as a way to describe Kristy.If you don't like the song or are too young to understand the subject matter,fine. Please find other ways to express your dislike instead of making Offspring fans look moronic.

You right,I just can't find the word to discribe what I ment. And what I mean...this song is serious, it's something like confesion and there's a lot of this kind of songs but this one remind me an old guy who's dealing with his pasts, like there's no future...It's not punk for me,but they can do with their music whatever they want... and that's why I don't like this song...I don't know if you know what I mean...

Free?
11-18-2008, 02:00 PM
hangovered dude, Kristy, Are You Doing Okay? is about telling that girl not to live with tragedy from past, to step over it, find strength to live on. It's pretty much opposite to how you described that song.

P.S: I'll say it again, "Not The One" is on top of mountain Everest if you speak about seriousness.

hangovered
11-18-2008, 02:34 PM
I understand the subject of this song but it's still dealing with the past, even if it's about life that goes on. It's showing some real emotions, but in way that someone whose life is over can shows.

Edit: For me most serious song is Amazed

Rutegard
11-19-2008, 04:46 AM
P.S: I'll say it again, "Not The One" is on top of mountain Everest if you speak about seriousness.

not the one and jennifer!!

Jesus
11-19-2008, 05:15 AM
Pay the man

Kennytar
11-19-2008, 05:41 AM
Jennifer ofcourse... it's very serious. The list is so long!

sbazzone
11-19-2008, 06:46 AM

http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/9938/robocopisridingaunicornuf5.jpg

RageAndLov
11-19-2008, 04:32 PM
Come again? Billboard comes out every week.RAFRAG at most is at 200,000 sold in the US.

Yeah, but what about the rest of the world? How many they've sold in the US isn't important, it's the record sales on a world basis that counts.

SweetTatyana
12-08-2008, 08:02 PM
Does anyone know what the low record sales are about for Rise and Fall, I was really pleased with this album personally, I love it. I can't believe it isnt selling as well, apparently as of Dec 6th its at around 176,000 in the US? Maybe due to the recession? Any thoughts?

Cock Joke
12-08-2008, 08:07 PM
Does anyone know what the low record sales are about for Rise and Fall, I was really pleased with this album personally, I love it. I can't believe it isnt selling as well, apparently as of Dec 6th its at around 176,000 in the US? Maybe due to the recession? Any thoughts?

It's just because free music is so easy to get off the Internet nowadays.

jacknife737
12-08-2008, 08:16 PM

People just aren't buying as much music as they used to. Also, concerning demographics: the Offspring's main audience is young adults (ie 15-25); and they are more prone to illegally download music then other age groups.

Skinny
12-08-2008, 10:32 PM
Very true, downloads will definately affect the amount of albums sold, and that's why we, as a group, need to take down the internet!:D

bender192
12-09-2008, 03:11 PM
I thing all song from the Rise and Fall is very serious!

Skinny
12-09-2008, 10:41 PM
Yes, You're Gonna Go Far, Kid is a very serious and has a very dark topic haha.