PDA

View Full Version : Play Lightning Rod already

Camilamazed
11-10-2008, 07:25 PM
A lot of people are waiting.:rolleyes:

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/6633/atyaaabj0h2srhrddkmxsgozq3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Cock Joke
11-10-2008, 07:28 PM
What'd they like play it a couple times and then just quit? C'mon, Offyspringy! The fans love Lightning Rod!!!!!!!!!!!

IamSam
11-10-2008, 07:32 PM
They played it in Australia and didn't get much of a reaction.

renato piquette
11-10-2008, 07:38 PM
wow,did he saw the thread that iGustavo created or something?

Tyler Durden
11-10-2008, 07:39 PM
They played it in Australia and didn't get much of a reaction.

That's unfortunate. One of their best songs IMO.

Autonomist
11-10-2008, 07:43 PM
They played it in Australia at a festival full of causal fans who only wanted to hear their singles and didn't get much of a reaction.

Fix'd.

I wouldn't mind hearing Lightning Rod live, though it'd be far from the top of my list of priority songs for them to play. If Dexter knows just how much the fans want to hear it though I assume it'll only be a matter of time before it makes a reappearance, probably at one of their smaller club shows.

Camilamazed
11-10-2008, 07:43 PM
Well, not exactly.

gustavo managed to get in touch with someone from Sony and this person got a backstage access for him. However, he couldn't make it to Rio de Janeiro, so somebody else took his place. Me and Gustavo asked her to print some messages of Lightning Rod and also our Brazilian communities in Orkut.

Pictures were taken. Now they know about the website and the communities.

Yaaaaaaaay

jacknife737
11-10-2008, 07:44 PM
That's unfortunate. One of their best songs IMO.

I think that feeling is mutually felt across this bbs..

IamSam
11-10-2008, 07:45 PM
Fix'd.

I wouldn't mind hearing Lightning Rod live, though it'd be far from the top of my list of priority songs for them to play. If Dexter knows just how much the fans want to hear it though I assume it'll only be a matter of time before it makes a reappearance, probably at one of their smaller club shows.

Haha...fair enough!

Cock Joke
11-10-2008, 07:49 PM
They also played it at Summersonic After. It probably didn't get a big reaction there either, but they should try again! Third time's a charm! :D

randman21
11-10-2008, 07:52 PM
Could someone tell me what the paper says? There's a glare from the flash of the camera.

Also, Lightning Rod is not one of my favorites. There are at least 10, maybe 20 songs they don't play that I'd rather hear before it, but it would be nice.

renato piquette
11-10-2008, 07:53 PM
well, not exactly.

Gustavo managed to get in touch with someone from sony and this person got a backstage access for him. However, he couldn't make it to rio de janeiro, so somebody else took his place. Me and gustavo asked her to print some messages of lightning rod and also our brazilian communities in orkut.

Pictures were taken. Now they know about the website and the communities.

Yaaaaaaaay

wow,you should aske them to play kick him.... Instead :)

Camilamazed
11-10-2008, 08:19 PM
Yeah, I wish I could listen to KHWHD live too.. but it's only a dream. We hoped LR would be played because it had been played already. :)

Well, you guys who know how to play, is Lightning Rod really hard to play???

Most of my friends for Rio and Sao Paulo who talked to the guys about it, said that they said it's a difficult song to play. If not, it sounds like a lame excuse.:rolleyes:

Ryder1234
11-10-2008, 08:27 PM
Yeah, I wish I could listen to KHWHD live too.. but it's only a dream. We hoped LR would be played because it had been played already. :)

So has KHWHD. At Rockpalast.

cool 2 hate 681
11-10-2008, 08:35 PM
i want to them to play takes me nowhere a 2nd time

there are other songs they never played like not the one no brakes the end of the line come out swinging or never gonna find me i wound love to hear

Camilamazed
11-10-2008, 08:36 PM
So has KHWHD. At Rockpalast.

I mean lately, my dear.. LR was played not too long ago.;)

Ryder1234
11-10-2008, 09:56 PM
Well, yeah. But KHWHD has been played ;):D

randman21
11-11-2008, 01:22 AM
Well, you guys who know how to play, is Lightning Rod really hard to play???

On guitar? Nah, it's not hard, but it is pretty fast. But if they can play Mota, they can do Lightning Rod no problem.

Budzy
11-11-2008, 01:52 AM
I love Lightning Rod, but I love Nothing From Something / Amazed / No Brakes / Get It Right / I'll Be Waiting more. Play them!

Rutegard
11-11-2008, 03:25 AM
yeah yeah yeah we all have our very own fav songs, nonetheless, this song here? LR? seems to suit almost everyone here, so let's give it a chance!

it's not my fav song either, but that's exactly the point!, it's not our fav song, and yet, almost everyone would love to hear it live!

Little_Miss_1565
11-11-2008, 04:13 AM
Camila, a few people have said in this thread that the band didn't get much of a reaction from the audience when they played it this summer -- nothing to do with how hard the song might be to play.

Rutegard
11-11-2008, 04:40 AM
Camila, a few people have said in this thread that the band didn't get much of a reaction from the audience when they played it this summer -- nothing to do with how hard the song might be to play.

she only said that, because it was what the band said!, that the song is hard to play live...i guess it was dexter who said that..

Camilamazed
11-11-2008, 06:11 AM

Sarah, The guys were asked about LR in Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro, and both Noodles and Dexter said the songs is hard to play. I believe Chris from Argentina also talked about it with them and got the same response.

Unfortunately because of the majority of fans we are not able to have such great songs played live. And now I believe that reaction thing. Saying the song is hard to play is really an excuse.

I am telling people to take red and black balloons because they are the color of RFRG, and believe it or not a lot of people come ask me why Red and Black. A lot of them said they downloaded RFRG AFTER the shows. So, I'm hopeless now. I have to agree with the guys, most of the people at the shows only know the same old songs.

I give up my claims for old/rare songs.

come out swinging
11-11-2008, 08:01 AM
Anyways the band only plays bout 20 songs. With that in mind its kinda hard to say i want this played but not this one. I think they should extend their playing time so they can play a few more songs.

RonWelty
11-11-2008, 08:02 AM
The song is not hard to play!
Anyways the band only plays bout 20 songs. With that in mind its kinda hard to say i want this played but not this one. I think they should extend their playing time so they can play a few more songs.

Dexter's voice can't handle.

renato piquette
11-11-2008, 06:40 PM
I mean lately, my dear.. LR was played not too long ago.;)

well,I think they played Kick Him at the japanese tour this year
and Lighting Rod is not hard to play,there are harder songs to play,like Come Out And Play,theyprobably just donīt like it to play....

Kickdrum
11-11-2008, 07:06 PM
If they're excuse is that it's "too hard to play", then that's truly disappointing.

They are musicians, and should look at tougher songs as a welcomed challenge, and not a reason to leave it of the set list. I'm sure a little extra practice of the song would go a long way.

That said, they have earned the right to play any song they feel like. And if they don't play the song because a lack of reaction, then they shouldn't feel the need to play it. They play off of the energy of the crowd, and to make the show the best it can be, they perform what works.

Now, let's hear 'em play No Hero, Kill the President, DUI, Nitro, and I'll Be Waiting!!!

come out swinging
11-11-2008, 07:21 PM
When they do finally come to CT or MA I will make a sign and they will definitely see it. I prob blow up the picture of it and add the word we want hear lightening rod, requested by members of the bbs. And also i shout out the words LIGHTNING ROD, LIGHTNING ROD. Last time i saw them i was 2 rows from the front so wen they play in my area i will run to the front row.

Rutegard
11-12-2008, 02:33 AM
When they do finally come to CT or MA I will make a sign and they will definitely see it. I prob blow up the picture of it and add the word we want hear lightening rod, requested by members of the bbs. And also i shout out the words LIGHTNING ROD, LIGHTNING ROD. Last time i saw them i was 2 rows from the front so wen they play in my area i will run to the front row.

that would be great, but do you think they will really play it??

i think not..seriously...they don't care about what we think or say. period.

ThunderPX
11-12-2008, 03:10 AM
Why can't they just squeeze some older stuff into a medley? Lots of bands do that.

Greekoldfan
11-12-2008, 04:58 AM
i think stuff is messed up is more difficult for dexter to sing it than lightning rod.i prefer to listen the noose or lapd than walla walla

Stylie
11-12-2008, 01:30 PM
Why can't they just squeeze some older stuff into a medley? Lots of bands do that.

Well, it's not maybe not the smartest to do in festivals. But on own shows, yeah.
Anyway, I'm just happy for they bringing back MOTA!! :D

the_real_potomek
11-12-2008, 02:26 PM
Well, it's not maybe not the smartest to do in festivals. But on own shows, yeah.

I totally agree:D Mota on the concert would be cool:D
and I'd like to hear L.A.P.D. live:D

Budzy
11-12-2008, 09:40 PM

SAME! Man i hope they play it when they tour here next.

SK8rocka
11-12-2008, 10:26 PM
Now, let's hear 'em play No Hero, Kill the President, DUI, Nitro, and I'll Be Waiting!!!

OMFG HELL TO TEH YESS, I would fucking kill to hear ill be waiting, that is such a powerful song, and the solos on that album were siiiiiick.