PDA

View Full Version : The Offspring @ Reading 2005

bigwhitebaps
01-14-2005, 12:19 PM
I was wondering if anyone knew anything about offspring playing @ reading festival this year? they played last year and wer amazing from what i've heard but i couldnt afford to go last year, this year for my 18th birthday my folks are buying me a weekend ticket, and now i'm just praying that they'll play again coz it just wont be the same without them!!

another thing; any of u guys on here seen any reading coverage on the tv? not once have i seen any of the offspring set! i'm very angry with it all actually, i've seen the whole of greenday's set about 8 times and not even one little offspring song!!! :mad:

GreenTerror
01-14-2005, 04:35 PM
Well that sucks big hairy moo cow.

SkunkIt
01-14-2005, 05:06 PM
I was wondering if anyone knew anything about offspring playing @ reading festival this year? they played last year and wer amazing from what i've heard but i couldnt afford to go last year, this year for my 18th birthday my folks are buying me a weekend ticket, and now i'm just praying that they'll play again coz it just wont be the same without them!!

another thing; any of u guys on here seen any reading coverage on the tv? not once have i seen any of the offspring set! i'm very angry with it all actually, i've seen the whole of greenday's set about 8 times and not even one little offspring song!!! :mad:

For no reason, I have the urgency to scare you away, but i won't.

HMSPresident
01-15-2005, 06:07 AM
I hate to say it, but I think it's unlikely they'll be playing Reading again this year, sorry. As you said, they played Reading last year, and in 2002, so if anything, expect them to return in 2006...

RonWelty
01-15-2005, 06:18 AM
i really hate this shit ---green day being more "awarded" and known " as the kings of 2nd vague of punk rock " fuck ..i realy hate cuz it+s not true ! the offspring are a lot better and in 94 they sold more than green shit and come out and play was and self esteem were more "punk rock hit" than the green shit " dookie" !

sneedo
01-15-2005, 06:37 AM
Isn't reading around the same time as the faggotty assed warped tour?

HMSPresident
01-15-2005, 10:59 AM
Not sure when Warped Tour is, but Reading is always the last weekend of August. When does Warped Tour end??

pretty_fly_white_guy858
01-15-2005, 11:08 AM
lol. Kinda funnny

pretty_fly_white_guy858
01-15-2005, 11:09 AM
Not sure when Warped Tour is, but Reading is always the last weekend of August. When does Warped Tour end??
Whenever it ends

Piedude
01-15-2005, 02:34 PM
MTV2 didnt show their 2004 set, but they did show clips of their interviews..
What would you be doing If you werent here at reading?
Noodles: Masturbating in my hotel room.

On a side note, just which part of south Wales do you live in?

bigwhitebaps
01-16-2005, 08:13 AM
i live in pontypridd which is like 20 minutes from cardiff.
i saw their interviews on MTV but it would have been nice to have seen some of the set, even if it was only one song!
Ah well looks like I'll be going again in 2006 then if that's the case. Good job I'm going to Reading uni in october!

bigwhitebaps
01-16-2005, 08:14 AM
Why is that?

nameless
01-16-2005, 02:34 PM

if you really want to see the offsprings set there is a bootleg version going round!

leo3375
01-16-2005, 07:54 PM
It's far too soon to determine if the Offspring will play at Reading/Leeds. Usually this isn't announced until May or June.

I may be an American but I do read the British rock magazines.

bigwhitebaps
01-17-2005, 01:25 PM
wow thanks leo, coz the fact that you read british magazines makes you an expert. i was just wondering if anyone had heard anything on the grapevine about them playing again this year, that is all. but thank you anyway for your comments

robgreen
01-18-2005, 03:29 AM
Although some bands do play Reading in cosecutive years, I don't think Offspring will play 2005, unless around that time they release a new album, or greatest hits, or make a film, or something to publisise about. Anyway, check out www.efestivals.co.uk to check out rumours and stuff.

HMSPresident
01-18-2005, 09:51 AM
Be a bit wary of efestivals.co.uk tho, as they have a habit of listing every single band imaginable with a "slight rumour" that they'll appear...

Speaking of rumours tho, i've heard that Iron Maiden will be playing this year... Something to with them saying they're playing in a "muddy field", and their tour dates ending in July...

THE LIGHTNING ROD
01-19-2005, 08:25 AM
I really want offspring to play leeds cause their music is sooo gud :confused: