PDA

View Full Version : as little as I know...

JoY
01-14-2005, 03:24 PM
..quite a fucking bunch of you are the worst when it comes to politics. utterly irrational, argumentless, narrow minded & entirely convinced of whatever works in your little heads. I would never in my life want to see any of you in a political function.

my statement for today. it didn't have so much to do with politics, as it had with the average teen, that visits this board. bite me.

wheelchairman
01-14-2005, 05:16 PM
Oh this is so well-phrased. I must be saving this, oh yes.

haha, and give yourself a little more credit when it comes to politics.

nieh
01-14-2005, 06:56 PM
this is very true...even if it's possible I'm a part of that list.

Izie
01-15-2005, 12:47 AM
..quite a fucking bunch of you are the worst when it comes to politics. utterly irrational, argumentless, narrow minded & entirely convinced of whatever works in your little heads. I would never in my life want to see any of you in a political function.

That, unfortunately, also goes for many actual politicians.

But it's oh-so-true.

RXP
01-15-2005, 02:31 AM
But how do you classify yourself as being not irrational? Because you have different views. How do you know your views are right?

It's like the hippies that slate people who voted Bush for being stupid. WTF. Just cause they don't choose what you, yes YOU think is right don't mean they are stupid.

sKratch
01-15-2005, 03:20 AM
I know what you mean, and I often play that card to be devil's advocate.

JoY
01-15-2005, 06:51 AM
But how do you classify yourself as being not irrational? Because you have different views. How do you know your views are right?

It's like the hippies that slate people who voted Bush for being stupid. WTF. Just cause they don't choose what you, yes YOU think is right don't mean they are stupid.
you can't base political views purely on emotion, nor can you base them purely on reason. both two should always cooperate in order to make a good decision. many people here lack the reason to combine with what they believe & feel. every good decision needs good argumenting with pros & cons, followed by a conclusion that's based on those. for that you need to think rationally, so you can carefully compare those. oh come on, it's not like I don't make sense, whatsoever.

I'm not always rational. not at all. but when I feel strongly the way I do, I do that for thought out reasons. MANY here never come to the actual *thinking* about what they believe, if it makes sense & is also sensible & -why-.

& I thought by now you slightly knew me. in arguments, based on actual arguments, it's possible someone shows me a reasonable, sensible, logical side of the matter I hadn't considered before. in that case I'm fully willing to listen & maybe even to adjust my previous thought. I'm NOT one of those chickas, who presumes her opinion is the only true & valuable one on the planet. I'm not fully open minded, like no one really is, but I know I'm quite far from being as narrow minded as so many people are.

views are never right. they *can* be very wrong, however.

JoY
01-15-2005, 06:55 AM
oh & Per, thank you.=)

nieh -no you're not. not only because I wasn't planning on listing, but you've never given me a strong enough reason to classify you in the category. *grins*

Vera
01-15-2005, 06:59 AM
Wrong in the moral sense? Yes.

nieh
01-15-2005, 07:03 AM
nieh -no you're not. not only because I wasn't planning on listing, but you've never given me a strong enough reason to classify you in the category. *grins*

just because you're not gonna put the list here, doesn't mean it doesn't exist in your mind...
ok, so I have given you reasons, just not strong enough ones? Hooray for being not quite as closed minded as everyone else!!

JoY
01-15-2005, 07:07 AM
aw. you know I only meant to tease you.

nieh
01-15-2005, 07:15 AM
You can't tell me what I do or don't know!

argh, I gotta go. Going to New York with friends and I generally dislike New York, so it's gona be kinda dull.

Betty
01-15-2005, 01:40 PM
I really don't know how to interpret this...

Because for one, there are some just plain not very bright people that post in this forum sometimes, and what you said obviously refers to them at least.

But then there is everybody else, the main people posting in the forum. The first two that come to my mind are Sic and WCM whom I believe are VERY set on what they've come to believe in. Rarely do they seem undecided or do I notice them change their mind. But they DO have good reasons and good knowledge about what they believe, so I respect that. There's me, and I don't really know how I come off, but I am fairly undecided on where I actually stand, hence part of my motivation to discuss politics. I like to play devil's advocate, a lot. I like to argue for the right a lot too.

Some people like Mota, or RXP, or Nieh, I like because I'm not quite sure where they stand still, but when they do make comments they are generally quite logical.

So, overall, I don't know who you're referring to and if it's just the crazy punkrocker kids or crazy real/fake republican fanatics that randomly come on the forum, then it's a pretty obvious statement. If you're referring to pretty much every single person posting here, then I only partly agree.

HornyPope
01-15-2005, 11:28 PM
Shut up. Ya'll know i'm the top dog in the politics field when I leap on you to give you the doggy style.

sKratch
01-16-2005, 02:23 AM
Some people like Mota, or RXP, or Nieh, I like because I'm not quite sure where they stand still, but when they do make comments they are generally quite logical.
The absence of my name there means I need to post in Politics more.

JoY
01-16-2005, 08:45 AM
Betty; people who aren't open minded, or don't base their views on thoughts & arguments. I know I'm stating the obvious, but it occured to me suddenly, that there are so many people (everywhere), you wouldn't want to see as politicians, including politicians.

RXP
01-16-2005, 09:02 AM
The absence of my name there means I need to post in Politics more.

Yeah stop banging your gf and post here more.

sKratch
01-16-2005, 11:35 AM
She went back to college today :[ Guess I'll be posting more, then.

Mota Boy
01-17-2005, 12:31 AM
Ha, my name was first. This increases my right to say that "I rule" by five points.

Honestly, though, I don't exactly know where I stand either. So I've created my own way. It leans a lot towards the "liberal" side, but it also has enough "conservative" ideas to make Ayn Rand have to change her skirt. Basically, everybody agrees to it initially, but all are offended by it when I explain it fully, so it's obviously a terrific ideology with many fatal flaws... but the biggest cliffhanger won't be revealed until season three, at least.

Betty
01-17-2005, 12:41 AM
The fact that my nonchalante inclusion of a few names in my post was taken so seriously gives me the right to up my status by ten points, at least.

Mota Boy
01-17-2005, 01:03 AM
I'm drunk though, so it takes you down to seven. Still a good number, which would be lower had you not mentioned me.

Betty
01-17-2005, 01:05 AM
Mooooottttaaaaaaaaa... I can't post drunk anymore, because Linda was meeeeaaaaannnn to me!

Mota Boy
01-17-2005, 01:26 AM
Beeetttyyyyyyyy, that's why I ignore Linda. She's old and crotchety and only likes you if you're nice to her. Despite being my senior by more than three decades, she's still less mature than most of the people on here. Stop relying on the approval of people who are popular on this board merely for their longevity and begin focusing on the approval of people that you respect for the innate intelligence they've displayed. I, however, respect my opponents even when they disagree with me (there are a couple n00bs that might back me up on this) as long as they use logic and display intelligence.

HornyPope
01-17-2005, 01:40 AM
Remember: you only seek the respect of those who you respect back. The rest are meaningless and shouldn't be taken into account at all.

I'm a man of great wisdom.

Betty
01-17-2005, 01:41 AM
Mota, I think you took that way too seriously. Also, the longevity thing is a bit questionnable... I've been around forever... however only recently came to the forefront (sorta).

Anyway, the ignore thing has long since been taken care of, and the curiosity nearly kills me at points. Although I felt that much less frustration would result on the whole.

Betty
01-17-2005, 02:02 AM
I'm a man of great wisdom.

You can have your own book of quotations one day.

(I better write this stuff down.)

Mota Boy
01-17-2005, 02:12 AM
Mota, I think you took that way too seriously..
I'm drunk, stop confusing me.

Plus, my posts are an average of half dead serious and half sarcastic, and most posts keep truer to this constant than to 100% serious or 100% deadpan, and I'm also replying more tonight (just look up my damn history, I'm probably Janet-Jackson-piercing-deep in posts tonight)... but, by replying seriously to your accusation, I've only confirmed any suspicion to me replying seriously to any previous accusation... did it help that I was thinking about fireworks in stockings, sneaking down to play pool and Christmas morning meals of sausage and eggs and roast quail while I was typing it? (It's probably a Southern thing)

Betty
01-17-2005, 02:22 AM
I could only wish to be that entertaining while drunk.

Vera
01-17-2005, 08:16 AM
Actually, that's only entertaining with drunk.