PDA

View Full Version : Where are these songs?

Camilamazed
11-16-2008, 10:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-w5tjFUnYo

This is an interview from the show in São Paulo. The (dumbass) interviewer asked Noodles about the new album and he mentioned it took them twice as much time to record the CD and they had twice as many songs but only kept the good ones.

What the hell.. how come did we end up with only one CD when we could actually end up with maybe two?

That IS mean. :(

Do you guys think "Pass me by" would be one of those scraps?:mad:

_Lost_
11-16-2008, 10:18 PM
would you prefer some bad songs then?

Camilamazed
11-16-2008, 10:26 PM
Well, I don't really think they would be bad songs because as he said, they've worked and spent more time than they used to. Do you think they would be bad songs?

I don't.

And yes, worse than having 10 more bad songs is not having/knowing them at all.

jacknife737
11-16-2008, 10:45 PM
I'm pretty sure Dexter mentioned in a couple journal entries that the band demoed around 22-23 songs.

It's common practice for bands to do this, and then pick the best of the lot/ the ones that flow the best together (ie for the cohesive album sound). I'm sure the band will revisit some of them during the next recording session, as that seems to be how Dexter likes to write (ie, cannibalizing parts of older songs).

Also, i'm pretty sure Pass Me By was recorded (or at least demoed) during the Splinter sessions.

So we may get to hear some of them on the next studio album, or whenever the band gets around to releasing a rarities compilation.

Although, i really wouldn't mind getting to hear some of them though.

SK8rocka
11-16-2008, 10:52 PM
I bet they're not bad songs they r probaly the ones with solos. you now what offspring r like lol.

and yes pass me by would be a-sweeeet.

We should have a contest and get ppls in the forum to make a pass me by demo, liek we could get us to think of a riff to add to the sample of the song.

sweeet

:):):):)

Budzy
11-16-2008, 10:57 PM
Those other tracks must have sucked if they put Fix You in before them.

EDIT: Pass Me By? I've never heard of it.

jacknife737
11-16-2008, 11:05 PM
EDIT: Pass Me By? I've never heard of it.

It was a song recorded or demoed during the Splinter Sessions. Dexter has alluded to it in a Journal Entry and in a couple interviews. It has become a somewhat of a White Whale ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moby-Dick#Symbolism ) of the BBS.

_Lost_
11-17-2008, 12:46 AM
Well, I don't really think they would be bad songs because as he said, they've worked and spent more time than they used to. Do you think they would be bad songs?

I don't.

i don't think that they would be bad, but they probably wouldn't have worked for this album if they chose to leave them out. the songs all have to fit together properly or the album just won't have the same impact.

lol. besides, what would we do if we were given more than an hours worth of new offspring all at once? In their career, they've released less than 7 hours worth of album music. and not one album has broken 50 minutes. (lol... just trying to be funny)

Budzy
11-17-2008, 12:56 AM
It was a song recorded or demoed during the Splinter Sessions. Dexter has alluded to it in a Journal Entry and in a couple interviews. It has become a somewhat of a White Whale ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moby-Dick#Symbolism ) of the BBS.

Oh I see. Well SK8rocka said 'to add to the sample of the song', does anyone have that sample and could you upload it for me?

holland25
11-17-2008, 01:32 AM
It's always a process of choosing the best songs that fit the album atmosphere. It's not weird that a half of the recorded/written songs won't end up on a physical copy of a CD.

Rutegard
11-17-2008, 04:10 AM
It's always a process of choosing the best songs that fit the album atmosphere. It's not weird that a half of the recorded/written songs won't end up on a physical copy of a CD.

i thought this was a common knowledge...

ad8
11-17-2008, 06:31 AM
...maybe they'll release one of the songs that they cutted with the Kristy single (or as a b-side on the YGGFK single)

Rutegard
11-17-2008, 06:40 AM
...maybe they'll release one of the songs that they cutted with the Kristy single (or as a b-side on the YGGFK single)

maybe kristy yeah..but no b-sides on the YGGFK single :(

dff_punk
11-17-2008, 06:43 AM
Oh I see. Well SK8rocka said 'to add to the sample of the song', does anyone have that sample and could you upload it for me?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYL6nhqD_wM

Camilamazed
11-17-2008, 07:24 AM

Oh RLY? I would like to listen to them anyways. A lot of bands end up releasing most of the forgotten songs in other CDs. Alanis for instance released an 11-song CD and for the deluxe version another CD with 5 extra songs and also 2 only on line. So? I think the Offspring would do that too. I would love to have Mission form God for instance in a CD. Even Green Day thata came up with Shenanigans. I hate to compare bands and stuff, but I'm pretty sure fans would love to have those songs.

i thought this was a common knowledge...

:rolleyes:

Rutegard
11-17-2008, 07:41 AM
:rolleyes:

no hurt feelings ;)

Titus
11-17-2008, 09:54 AM
In one of the dexter journal's, he said the band had recorded like 26 demos, not sure the number. So no surprise :p

Little_Miss_1565
11-17-2008, 10:00 AM

I don't.

No way. I really appreciate their sense of quality control--if it's not representative of what you think is the best you can do, don't put it out. Great bands write horrible songs all the time, so if they say the songs were bad, I can believe it.

I bet they're not bad songs they r probaly the ones with solos. you now what offspring r like lol.

I LOL'd.

renato piquette
11-17-2008, 12:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-w5tjFUnYo

This is an interview from the show in São Paulo. The (dumbass) interviewer asked Noodles about the new album and he mentioned it took them twice as much time to record the CD and they had twice as many songs but only kept the good ones.

What the hell.. how come did we end up with only one CD when we could actually end up with maybe two?

That IS mean. :(

Do you guys think "Pass me by" would be one of those scraps?:mad:

pass me by was a demo from splinter,wasn´t it?

Budzy
11-17-2008, 04:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYL6nhqD_wM

Woah Thanx!
How did that not get onto Splinter in one way or another.
That is a really great riff. I could see it making a really good slow song, like Dirty Magic, or maybe even have that as like a 3 minute intro like in Pay The Man then like speed it up at the end and make it a bit heavier.
I hope it makes it on the next album.

HeadAroundU
11-17-2008, 05:16 PM
I'm pretty sure Dexter mentioned in a couple journal entries that the band demoed around 22-23 songs.

It's common practice for bands to do this, and then pick the best of the lot/ the ones that flow the best together (ie for the cohesive album sound).
Yep, Camila, how the hell you didn't know that? It has already been discussed to death.

It's not like RFRG is a cohesive album. :D