PDA

View Full Version : more Offspring on KROQ news...

hshduppsnt
11-20-2008, 06:10 PM
Hammerhead has once again become the #1 played song.
You're Gonna Go Far, Kid has become #2

And if you go to Kroq.com and look at most played or look at what's new...

Stuff is messed up seems to have disappeared (though that simply could be because of a lack of requests as I've heard it lately)
but

Kristy, are you doing okay? has also now appeared (though I have yet to hear it on the radio, anyone else down here hear anything?)

randman21
11-20-2008, 08:24 PM
Beyond belief. Does this happen often with songs?

hshduppsnt
11-20-2008, 08:45 PM
it is not uncommon to have two songs in the top 20 with a new album but take weezer for example... pork and beans still gets playing time but nothing else...

foo fighters is the only band of late that I can think of that has had multiple songs stay up, but as 1 and 2 consistently, I don't remember seeing that on kroq in a while...

_Lost_
11-20-2008, 08:47 PM
thats because the offspring are incredibly superior.

and i have yet to hear hammerhead or yggfk on the radio. then again, i hardly ever listen to the radio, so that may play a part in that.

randman21
11-20-2008, 08:54 PM
Heh, I should have been more clear. I meant to ask if it's common for a song to be at number 1, fall, then rise back up.

thats because the offspring are incredibly superior.

Yes...

i hardly ever listen to the radio, so that may play a part in that.

and yes.:p Well, I've heard Hammerhead, but not YGGF,K. I have ample opportunity to listen to the rock station here, but it's so terrible. I just tune in sporadically to see if it's on and I've caught it a good 4-5 times. I heard Self Esteem just last night.

_Lost_
11-20-2008, 09:00 PM
and yes.:p Well, I've heard Hammerhead, but not YGGF,K. I have ample opportunity to listen to the rock station here, but it's so terrible. I just tune in sporadically to see if it's on and I've caught it a good 4-5 times. I heard Self Esteem just last night.

do you listen to 96.1? I've heard self esteem on there a million and a half times, but i haven't managed to catch any offspring in a while. But it really is RARE that i turn on the radio anymore. itunes on shuffle is much better. It certainly is more random and diverse than the radio tends to be.

hshduppsnt
11-20-2008, 09:02 PM
hahahaha ok -

umm to answer your other question yeah if the song is popular it will bounce around a bit (at least in Kroq's case). So that is less uncommon. Of course, this far after it's release... that is maybe another case...

randman21
11-20-2008, 09:28 PM
hahahaha ok -

umm to answer your other question yeah if the song is popular it will bounce around a bit (at least in Kroq's case). So that is less uncommon. Of course, this far after it's release... that is maybe another case...
That's pretty cool! It has become my favorite song on RAFRAG, so maybe it has had that same effect on others.:D

do you listen to 96.1?
No, I listen to 103.5, from Fayetteville. 96.1 is superior, but I lose reception on the drive down to Lumberton every night (which is the only time I listen to the radio).

Omni
11-20-2008, 09:37 PM
All I know is if YGGF,K lasts two more weeks at #1 on the Modern Rock charts, it'll be put into history. Only seventeen or eighteen songs in history have made it ten weeks. The record is nineteen weeks.

_Lost_
11-20-2008, 09:39 PM
No, I listen to 103.5, from Fayetteville. 96.1 is superior, but I lose reception on the drive down to Lumberton every night (which is the only time I listen to the radio).

yeah... i had that problem when i lived on the far side of greensboro. thus i have an ipod

Budzy
11-20-2008, 10:20 PM
NICE!
i wonder how many copies of rafrag have been sold.
its been top of all these charts and stuff u'd reckon it would have to be getting some sales.

_Lost_
11-20-2008, 10:38 PM
they are still keeping it stocked in retail stores, so it must be doing pretty good. usually places only carry GH anymore.

randman21
11-20-2008, 10:48 PM
Yep. Best Buy, though, is the only store I've seen with all the albums, plus the Hit That single (and I think CGMHAY).

KyleW
11-21-2008, 05:45 AM
Heres the full list cut off at Kristy.

1 The Offspring Hammerhead

2 The Offspring You're Gonna Go Far, Kid

3 MGMT Kids

4 Incubus Love Hurts

5 Kings of Leon Sex On Fire

6 Weezer Pork & Beans

7 One Day As A Lion Wild International

8 Paramore Decode

9 The Bravery Believe

10 Slightly Stoopid 2 AM

11 Metallica The Day That Never Comes

12 Rise Against Audience of One

13 Hollywood Undead Undead

14 Staind All I Want

15 The Killers Human

16 M.I.A. Paper Planes

17 Pendulum Propane Nightmares

18 Scott Weiland Missing Cleveland

19 Death Cab For Cutie Cath...

20 Shiny Toy Guns Ghost Town

21 Rise Against Re-Education (Through Labor)

22 Guns N' Roses Chinese Democracy

23 Coldplay Lovers In Japan

24 Franz Ferdinand Ulysses

25 Metallica Cyanide
26 The Offspring Ktisty, Are You Doing Okay?

dff_punk
11-21-2008, 06:34 AM
14 Staind All I Want

Anyone else find this hilarious?

KyleW
11-21-2008, 08:30 AM
Anyone else find this hilarious?

Yeah, it gave me a brief lol :)

cool 2 hate 681
12-02-2008, 05:24 PM
kroq furious 5@9 for 12/1/08

1. Kings of Leon "Sex On Fire"