PDA

View Full Version : Don't You Just Love It When......

SK8rocka
11-21-2008, 07:04 AM
You switch on your TV thinking ..man it'd be great if offspring was on TV.. and then you switch to MTV and Pretty Fly is On. its a great feeling.

What do you Love.....

Blackball_
11-21-2008, 07:15 AM
offspring dvds.

randman21
11-21-2008, 07:18 AM
I love it when you make threads about fish dancing to Da Hui.

The Search Button
11-21-2008, 07:18 AM
...Turning on the Tv wishing to see some big boobed lady doing her thing, and actually seeing two (or four), being absolutely not drunk.

But hey Offspring are sexy too.

Rutegard
11-21-2008, 07:30 AM
one day i was zapping and then i said to my sister, "look, the offspring is gonna be next on MTV" and she looked at me like "yeah..sure..." and then i waited for the new clip and there it was..HAMMERHEAD!

i also tried to do this more often with no positive result. seems i can't push my sixth sense

Camilamazed
11-21-2008, 07:45 AM
It's very upsetting what MTV has become. I'm pretty sure that if MTV were today what it used to be, internet wouldn't be our major resource for videos and stuff. After all, the quality is much better than the internet.

Anyways, it used to be nice to watch MT and see not only the offspring, but also other bands. I have no idea what MTV is today, it's been 3 years now that since the last time I watched music television. Does it still show video clips or only crappy tv shows?

=D

randman21
11-21-2008, 07:52 AM
It's very upsetting what MTV has become. I'm pretty sure that if MTV were today what it used to be, internet wouldn't be our major resource for videos and stuff. After all, the quality is much better than the internet.

This is a very interesting thought. And absolutely right, in my opinion. I still haven't gotten into the whole music videos on YouTube thing. I would prefer to see them on MTV, but I no longer have that option...

Does it still show video clips or only crappy tv shows?

Crappy TV shows, yes. Video clips, not so much, unless you wake up early in the morning. They have a nice long block of videos in the morning.

_Lost_
11-21-2008, 08:00 AM
Crappy TV shows, yes. Video clips, not so much, unless you wake up early in the morning. They have a nice long block of videos in the morning.

you being one of the few people up early enough to watch them. haha.

MTV blows anymore. so does vH1 and Fuse. They all seem to have lost their way...

Blackball_
11-21-2008, 08:18 AM
mtv has sucked since it started.. before it stopped playing music clips, it would play shit music clips. you were happy to see one or two good clips per hour.. unless you watched it at 2am or so when it seemed to have a better ratio.

it cant compete with youtube, etc.. for just watching music videos so is making programs. i think the programs (generally) take a tiny ounce of mental brainpower to watch and are good to fall asleep to.

i cant really fault mtv more than any other channel. 99% of what comes on the television is nonsense tripe.

_Lost_
11-21-2008, 08:21 AM
i will admit that sometimes i get a kick out of watching dumb shows on mtv. some of them are funny.

Camilamazed
11-21-2008, 08:24 AM
mtv has sucked since it started.. before it stopped playing music clips, it would play shit music clips.

What the hell..

Well, MTV Brasil used to have clips for every taste. There was a program only for heavy metal, one only for hip hop etc.. There were only one or two which would mix styles because it was a Top 10 or something of the day

Are you sure we are talking about the same MTV????

randman21
11-21-2008, 08:27 AM
Oh, when I said the TV shows were crappy, I didn't mean to imply that I didn't watch them.:p Next, Date My Mom, and Parental Control to name a few. And Made is the best thing they've had in years.

Oh, and I love hearing Offspring on the radio because it means that someone requested it, and that many other people are listening to something that I hold so dear.

Sofinch
11-21-2008, 08:49 AM
You switch on your TV thinking ..man it'd be great if offspring was on TV.. and then you switch to MTV and Pretty Fly is On. its a great feeling.

Ha! had the same experience a few weeks ago, but Self Esteem was playing
so my feeling was even better than yours :p

Budzy
11-21-2008, 05:25 PM
I flicked it on once during a like 3-4 day 'Top 1000 Rock Songs Ever' and after Born In The U.S.A by Brucey Babes, Gone Away came on at like number 513 :D
But I was just trhilled to watch the video.

_Lost_
11-21-2008, 05:29 PM
Are you sure we are talking about the same MTV????

it depends on what country you are from. they are going to be different everywhere.

and randman, I LOVE made! and parental control! My roommate and i like to watch parental control because what they say is soooo dumb. HAHA

Gustavo
11-21-2008, 05:44 PM

Anyways, it used to be nice to watch MT and see not only the offspring, but also other bands. I have no idea what MTV is today, it's been 3 years now that since the last time I watched music television. Does it still show video clips or only crappy tv shows?

=D

I don't watch MTV much. But, at least in brazil, I have no clue of why it's called music television.
I just turned on the TV and they are showing a talk show about sex, believe it or not, when I turned on the TV, the first thing I heard was "I didn't want fame, I wanted fame", it seems like the one who said this is a crazy dude who created a sort of a crazy blog about sex and somehow he got money with that.
How the hell can this be related to music?

Tyler Durden
11-21-2008, 06:38 PM
What's so bad about MTV?

iPunk247
11-21-2008, 07:35 PM
L0VE is such a strong word but when it comes to anything & everything offspring related, well there ya go i am hooked 4 life. MTV sucks as well as T.V. but YOUTUBE is hella good. my dumb donut ass will just simply popped in teh offy's music video collection on my PC in extreme valume & when thats done; then i shall go ahead and blast their stuffs loud & proud. w0w like imma sucka for punk rock men :D:D:D:D

Camilamazed
11-21-2008, 08:32 PM
it depends on what country you are from. they are going to be different everywhere.

The guy said MTV sucks since it started. As far as I know it's called MUSIC television because it used to be all about MUSIC.

MTV Brasil used to be awesome, music 24/7. I'm pretty sure MTV all around the world would be about music too in its early years.

cool 2 hate 681
11-21-2008, 08:45 PM
MTV Brasil used to be awesome, music 24/7. I'm pretty sure MTV all around the world would be about music too in its early years.

i can confirm this for california:) i used to watch 120 minutes all the time

but really they should change the name they have 0 music shows im sure the people who own mtv would rather air infomercials then music videos early in the morning

jacknife737
11-21-2008, 10:06 PM
wait, people still watch mtv?

nameless
11-21-2008, 10:33 PM
i only really like it when flicking through the channels if one of their not so common videos is on!

holland25
11-22-2008, 01:45 AM
I hate Pretty Fly.

Rutegard
11-22-2008, 03:42 AM
mtv2 did

top 10 '94 - no offspring (but had green day)
top 10 '95 - no offspring (but had green day)

(nxt time ill watch top 10 for 99 and 98)

top 10 punk songs - no offspring (but had green day)

randman21
11-22-2008, 05:36 AM
mtv2 did

I simply don't understand how this can happen. Because of all the Green Day haters here, I must state that I like them, but The Offspring has to be on this list. Period. Being as objective as I can possibly be, Come Out and Play is number 2 and Basket Case number 1. There were just no bigger songs that year. Then again, if these lists were voted on by fans, I've just wasted my time typing this.

SK8rocka
11-22-2008, 02:08 PM
I hate Pretty Fly.

Yeah but its still Offspring, oh and take away the poppyness of that song and its a badass chord progression.

gotta give em' that

SK8rocka
11-22-2008, 02:09 PM
I simply don't understand how this can happen. Because of all the Green Day haters here, I must state that I like them, but The Offspring has to be on this list. Period. Being as objective as I can possibly be, Come Out and Play is number 2 and Basket Case number 1. There were just no bigger songs that year. Then again, if these lists were voted on by fans, I've just wasted my time typing this.

WRONG!!!!!, the bigger song that was bigger than them 2 was nirvana - come as you are unplugged mtv.

and yeah i like (old) green day.

Jojan
11-22-2008, 04:26 PM
I really hate when I have to open a thread to know what it's about. Having bad toics should get users banned.

Stylie
11-22-2008, 05:39 PM
[B][SIZE="4"]but YOUTUBE is hella good.

Yup, youtube is oretty genius. You can find everything there.

mtv2 did

top 10 '95 - no offspring (but had green day)

(nxt time ill watch top 10 for 99 and 98)

WHAT!? Seriously, they should have been in the list at least in '94 and '98. They were BIG then, probably one of the biggest at that actually time.

randman21
11-22-2008, 06:46 PM
WRONG!!!!!, the bigger song that was bigger than them 2 was nirvana - come as you are unplugged mtv.

and yeah i like (old) green day.
Heh right, but the song was released in '91, so it doesn't count as a '94 song. I doubt it was on that list anyway.

SK8rocka
11-22-2008, 11:27 PM
Heh right, but the song was released in '91, so it doesn't count as a '94 song. I doubt it was on that list anyway.

heh yeah i guess Max was wrong (max is a music television station)

Rutegard
11-23-2008, 06:15 AM
WHAT!? Seriously, they should have been in the list at least in '94 and '98. They were BIG then, probably one of the biggest at that actually time.

that was what i thought...maybe someone at mtv 2 really hates the offspring...it's a possibility!

I simply don't understand how this can happen. Because of all the Green Day haters here, I must state that I like them, but The Offspring has to be on this list. Period.

i wish u could all see my stupid face, 'cause i was waiting and waiting and finally i thought they were number one right?, but no!!

randman21
11-23-2008, 11:00 AM
i wish u could all see my stupid face, 'cause i was waiting and waiting and finally i thought they were number one right?, but no!!
Heh, it was probably just like my stupid face, when I watched 5 days of "100 Best Songs of the '90s" on vh1, only for there to be no Offspring. But I have to keep reminding myself that, for some reason, the general public doesn't acknowledge or remember them as much as other bands.

Stylie
11-23-2008, 11:07 AM
Heh, it was probably just like my stupid face, when I watched 5 days of "100 Best Songs of the '90s" on vh1, only for there to be no Offspring. But I have to keep reminding myself that, for some reason, the general public doesn't acknowledge or remember them as much as other bands.

WHAT!? None Offspring song on that top100 list? That's insane! How the hell could that happend? The Offspring was BIG in the 90's. They broke punk man. Hits like COAP, Self Esteem, Pretty Fly... man. Insane. -_-

SK8rocka
11-23-2008, 12:57 PM
WHAT!? None Offspring song on that top100 list? That's insane! How the hell could that happend? The Offspring was BIG in the 90's. They broke punk man. Hits like COAP, Self Esteem, Pretty Fly... man. Insane. -_-

Yeah thats right, And offspring Still Have the Highest selling indie album of all time. thats gotta count for somthing?

Rutegard
11-24-2008, 04:20 AM
Yeah thats right, And offspring Still Have the Highest selling indie album of all time. thats gotta count for somthing?

and the most downloaded song right?

_Lost_
11-24-2008, 08:30 AM
I'm pretty sure that at least one of their videos made it in to the top 100 videos of all time on vh1. like the top 20 even... at least i think....

Stylie
11-24-2008, 09:31 AM
and the most downloaded song right?

Exactly SK8rocka...
But what do you mean with this Rutegard? Where have you heard that from?

Rutegard
11-24-2008, 10:43 AM
Exactly SK8rocka...
But what do you mean with this Rutegard? Where have you heard that from?

hum for some seconds i thought u thought i was SK8rocka.. ;)

well, pretty fly, wasn't it the most dowloaded song on the internet ever?

around 22 million times?...something like that...now i'm not so sure anymore

Stylie
11-24-2008, 12:47 PM
hum for some seconds i thought u thought i was SK8rocka.. ;)

well, pretty fly, wasn't it the most dowloaded song on the internet ever?

around 22 million times?...something like that...now i'm not so sure anymore

Heheh. ^^
Wow, if that's true... WOW.