PDA

View Full Version : Dexter considered for Sublime Reunion

OffspringHead
11-25-2008, 10:04 AM
According to Distortedmagazine.com, possibilities on who the new vocalist and guitarist will be include RAS-1 of Long Beach Shortbus, Ian McKaye of Fugazi and Minor Threat, Dexter Holland of The Offspring, Jim Lindberg and Fletcher Dragge of Pennywise, and Billie Joe Armstrong of Green Day. The source says that the rumor involving Billie Joe Armstrong is close to being open, but is unlikely due to Billie Joe being busy with Green Day, who are currently working on a new album and plan to tour next year.

Sublime is supposed to reunite at The Bamboozle at the Meadowlands in New Jersey.

This could have already been a thread on this forum but i didn't see one so I made one.

Rutegard
11-25-2008, 10:07 AM
i dont like this idea...

jacknife737
11-25-2008, 10:07 AM
I'm pretty sure this is just their "dream list", not serious contenders. The mentioning of Ian McKay should indicate that.

Also, i'd just like to reiterate that this entire idea of a Sublime Reunion is fucking pathetic.

OffspringHead
11-25-2008, 10:18 AM
I'm pretty sure this is just their "dream list", not serious contenders. The mentioning of Ian McKay should indicate that.
Nah man. This is true. But it's unlikely Dexter or Billie Joe were chosen. They're both busy with new albums and upcoming tours.

Also, i'd just like to reiterate that this entire idea of a Sublime Reunion is fucking pathetic.

Agreed.

StayInTheHouseCarl
11-25-2008, 10:18 AM
i agree wholeheartedly. The pathetic attempt to resurrect a band for money/nostalgia sake is sad. It would be like trying to reunite nirvana with someone else singing. they were a good band in the past, no need to try and recreate in the present.

just wait for the development of time machines. lol

OffspringHead
11-25-2008, 10:21 AM
i agree wholeheartedly. The pathetic attempt to resurrect a band for money/nostalgia sake is sad. It would be like trying to reunite nirvana with someone else singing.

This IS the same thing as reuniting Nirvana with a new singer. Though i really don't think this singer issue would be as bad if they got the singer from Pepper or the singer(s) from Slightly Stoopid to do it for them. They're the closest to thing to Bradley Nowell right now in music. And Pepper and Slightly Stoopid are MUSIC lovers. Not money lovers.

Jojan
11-25-2008, 11:15 AM
Allways link to sources.

http://www.distortedmagazine.com/news/sublime-auditioning-new-singer/
http://www.distortedmagazine.com/news/sublime-reuniting-with-new-singer/

While there aren’t much details about Sublime reuniting with a replacement for the late singer and guitarist Bradley Nowell, Floyd “Bud” Gaugh, one of the surviving members of the classic ska punk group, mentioned that he had some people in mind, but he didn’t want to start “revealing anyone’s names.” So we’ll name ‘em for him. In the meantime, here’s who we’re lobbying for:

* Dexter Holland: Because not only does he enjoy his success with The Offspring, but having Bob Rock (of Metallica fame) produce his band’s new album and writing a song for the Japanese duo Puffy AmiYumi don’t seem like the best career options for the legendary frontman right now.

RobinoZombie
11-25-2008, 11:52 AM
no, this is not a good idea.

Anyone else, but not Dexter. The singer from Aggrolites would be a better choice.

yudabao
11-25-2008, 11:57 AM
nooo... he's voice is better in the offspring... not sublime :rolleyes:

Gustavo
11-25-2008, 12:21 PM
Hmmm... I don't like this idea much.
But I don't think that will happen, really :P
So, nothing to worry about.

killboybowerhead
11-25-2008, 12:59 PM
I'd be more inclined to guess one of the Slightly Stoopid guys would do it. I've met their original drummer a bunch of times when I had a rehearsal studio and he always talked about brad and all that stuff.

I mean yea this reunion is kind of stupid.. But doesn't Queen still play with out Freddie Mercury? Its nothing new. I mean these dudes smoked a ton of drugs and then Brad died. Im impressed they held out doing this for this long... I mean its not like they were gonna go back to school. Maybe Brad owns most of the songs or the label so they haven't been getting much income even though their songs are whored out all over at least Californian radio.

jacknife737
11-25-2008, 01:01 PM
I mean yea this reunion is kind of stupid.. But doesn't Queen still play with out Freddie Mercury? Its nothing new.

I think so, and that too is pathetic.

But seriously, that list is totally bullshit. There is no way that Billie Joe seriously considered joining Sublime.

F@ BANKZ
11-25-2008, 01:17 PM
I hate the idea, although I can't see it coming to light, thank God.

Cock Joke
11-25-2008, 03:23 PM
That's kind of retarded considering The Offspring are sort of on tour right now. At least, they got a few concerts coming up but you can tell they have a few tours set up in the very near future.

Alex101
11-25-2008, 03:32 PM
This will never happen for sure. Sublime should choose either RAS-1, the dude from Pepper or the guy from Slightly Stoopid. But not Dexter.

bighead384
11-25-2008, 03:34 PM
How about Dexter considers finally touring in the U.S. with The Offspring.

Tisiacs
11-25-2008, 05:42 PM
dexter won't practice the santeria, so it's unlikely he'll be their vocalist

iPunk247
11-26-2008, 02:03 AM
seriously, is this a silly unfunny joke? and then Dexter is gonna join the Rappers. or a girl band or a mexican mariachi or whatevers. yikes! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Jesus
11-26-2008, 03:33 AM
Allways link to sources.

http://www.distortedmagazine.com/news/sublime-auditioning-new-singer/
http://www.distortedmagazine.com/news/sublime-reuniting-with-new-singer/

While there aren’t much details about Sublime reuniting with a replacement for the late singer and guitarist Bradley Nowell, Floyd “Bud” Gaugh, one of the surviving members of the classic ska punk group, mentioned that he had some people in mind, but he didn’t want to start “revealing anyone’s names.” So we’ll name ‘em for him. In the meantime, here’s who we’re lobbying for:

* Dexter Holland: Because not only does he enjoy his success with The Offspring, but having Bob Rock (of Metallica fame) produce his band’s new album and writing a song for the Japanese duo Puffy AmiYumi don’t seem like the best career options for the legendary frontman right now.

The letters still aren't big enough cause people still aren't reading it. Maybe the pink will help.

findout5
11-26-2008, 03:56 AM
There might be colour blind people here too :p

KyleW
11-26-2008, 05:26 AM
This won't happen. If it does Greg will bitch slap Dexter SO hard....

Offspring-Junkie
11-26-2008, 08:31 AM
Well, what's the big deal about that? To me it sounds like AFI asking Dexter "Hey, would you like to be our new frontman?" Or where Sublime that famous these days? I mean, they're not Social Distortion. They can ask the Mad Caddies, they play ska punk as well. But The Offspring? Nah.

Blitzkrieg Bop
11-26-2008, 08:36 AM
This won't happen. If it does Greg will bitch slap Dexter SO hard....

ROFL ... I absolutely agree with you, it ain't gonna happen

Rooster
11-26-2008, 02:07 PM
What's wrong with these people? Soon they'll try to resurrect Ramones...

Cock Joke
11-26-2008, 02:18 PM
What's wrong with these people? Soon they'll try to resurrect Ramones...

I would like that, actually! :)

Tijs
11-26-2008, 02:49 PM
If the Ramones were resurrected they'd look not much different than the "We're a Happy Family" album cover. So I hope they won't do that.

ernesto88
11-27-2008, 05:28 AM
it would be weird, but I would like to see Dexter in another group to see how it sounds!
of course, without left the offspring!

Rutegard
11-27-2008, 05:31 AM
it would be weird, but I would like to see Dexter in another group to see how it sounds!
of course, without left the offspring!

it would sound weird :p
hearing his voice in another type of music?! blargh!

ernesto88
11-27-2008, 05:43 AM
it would sound weird :p
hearing his voice in another type of music?! blargh!
yeah! i listened to dexter in another gruop, singing a part of the song and i like how he sing! i guess the song it's a rap!

Rutegard
11-27-2008, 05:46 AM
yeah! i listened to dexter in another gruop, singing a part of the song and i like how he sing! i guess the song it's a rap!

the dwarves? i liked it too, but only because it was a small side project :p nothing in a long term...

ernesto88
11-27-2008, 05:58 AM
the dwarves? i liked it too, but only because it was a small side project :p nothing in a long term...
also i like this! but i talk about another song... i don't remember! LOL

I hope it will not be for long time! Less than a year! jeje
almost impossible!
and it is not safe! is a possibility! right?

Rutegard
11-27-2008, 06:34 AM
a very low possibility i'd say :p

i don't know which song u are talking about...a rap song? can't tell right now..huummm :rolleyes:

jacknife737
11-27-2008, 07:27 AM
The "rap" song you guys are refering too is called Massacre, it's on the Dwarves album "The Dwarves Must Die". He's also featured much more prominately on the song Salt Lake City, it's practically a duet between Dexter and Blag Dahlia; it's also on "Dwarves Must Die".

Rutegard
11-27-2008, 07:38 AM
The "rap" song you guys are refering too is called Massacre, it's on the Dwarves album "The Dwarves Must Die". He's also featured much more prominately on the song Salt Lake City, it's practically a duet between Dexter and Blag Dahlia; it's also on "Dwarves Must Die".

yeah i prefer the salk lake city one :)

MAXTER
11-27-2008, 09:20 AM
Impossible for Dexter, Because He's Writing For New Offspring Album :D

mrs_hollandova
11-27-2008, 10:26 AM

Hmmmmmmmm :rolleyes: EXACTLY ;)

Stylie
11-27-2008, 03:16 PM

Wow, so cool with that Massacre-thing. Cool to hear Dexter in a different genre! Gonna listen to the Salt Lake City now. Btw, does anyone have these ones in MP3 to download?

Biggest offspring fan
11-27-2008, 04:46 PM
Wow, so cool with that Massacre-thing. Cool to hear Dexter in a different genre! Gonna listen to the Salt Lake City now. Btw, does anyone have these ones in MP3 to download?

Isn't those up on offspringbootlegs? I think i have them.

RageAndLov
11-28-2008, 05:18 AM
Sublime should rest in peace, not "reunite". Sublime is not Sublime without Nowell.

Rutegard
11-28-2008, 06:06 AM

yeah i think they are!

Stylie
11-28-2008, 06:39 AM

Found them, thanks!
http://offspringbootlegs.info/downloads/index.php?dir=audio/Rare%20-%20Rare%20Live%20-%20Covers%20-%20B-Sides/

http://offspringbootlegs.info/downloads/downloads/audio/Rare%20-%20Rare%20Live%20-%20Covers%20-%20B-Sides/The%20Dwarves%20-%20Massacre.mp3
http://offspringbootlegs.info/downloads/downloads/audio/Rare%20-%20Rare%20Live%20-%20Covers%20-%20B-Sides/The%20Dwarves%20-%20Salt%20Lake%20City.mp3

Alex101
11-28-2008, 02:27 PM
You mean Dexter's already writing another Offspring album?

ernesto88
11-28-2008, 06:30 PM
a very low possibility i'd say :p

i don't know which song u are talking about...a rap song? can't tell right now..huummm :rolleyes:
i talk about the song that dester sing with massacre! i listened the sond today! LOL!

ernesto88
11-28-2008, 06:33 PM
yeah i prefer the salk lake city one :)
it's best!

i hope the finish it the next year!

Leandro
11-29-2008, 01:35 PM
Andrew Freeman playing "What I Got" (Sublime cover) with Lou Dog (brazilian band), after The Offspring concert in Curitiba, on Yankee Bar.
The Offspring was there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWQMlR4TlxQ

Alex101
12-10-2008, 04:20 PM
Some unregistered user on Wikipedia wrote the following on Sublime's page:

"It was rumored that Sublime would be getting back together and start working on a new album. Dexter Holland has been chosen as the frontman for the reunion. They will perform their first show at The Bamboozle in May."

IamSam
12-10-2008, 04:46 PM

"It was rumored that Sublime would be getting back together and start working on a new album. Dexter Holland has been chosen as the frontman for the reunion. They will perform their first show at The Bamboozle in May."

Are you sure the unregistered user wasn't you? You seem to be pretty familiar with the workings of the Wiki...

Alex101
12-10-2008, 09:21 PM
Are you sure the unregistered user wasn't you? You seem to be pretty familiar with the workings of the Wiki...

Yes, I'm absolutely sure and positive. I don't remember writing that crap on Wikipedia.

Rutegard
12-11-2008, 04:30 AM

WOW
unbelievable wut we read on wikipedia this days...humpf...BS

Alex101
12-11-2008, 08:53 AM
WOW
unbelievable wut we read on wikipedia this days...humpf...BS

Yeah, I know, it's just... strange.

malibu43
12-11-2008, 11:03 AM
So let me get this straight...

Dexter Holland has started writing for the next album, only it's with Sublime. He and Billy Joe will be duel-front-manning the band. And on this album there will be songs featuring Blag Dahlia and a chorus of dwarves singing Santeria?

Awesome!

findout5
12-11-2008, 12:51 PM

Dexter Holland has started writing for the next album, only it's with Sublime. He and Billy Joe will be duel-front-manning the band. And on this album there will be songs featuring Blag Dahlia and a chorus of dwarves singing Santeria?

Awesome!

The Muppets will also make an appearance! :p

drummerbecca
12-11-2008, 12:57 PM
I may be proved wrong but the remaining Sublime members must know it would be an absolute travesty to try and reform the band with a different singer. I think someone somewhere is telling porkies.

cool 2 hate 681
12-11-2008, 01:04 PM
Andrew Freeman playing "What I Got" (Sublime cover) with Lou Dog (brazilian band), after The Offspring concert in Curitiba, on Yankee Bar.
The Offspring was there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWQMlR4TlxQ

wow andrew freeman rocks i also found a vid of him as a lead singer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0lly9Ma1vk

Alex101
12-11-2008, 03:37 PM

Awesome!

No, those Sublime reunion rumors are just freakin' fake. Billie Joe can't join them right now because he's working on the new Green Day record, nor can Dexter, as he's busy doing stuff with The Offspring.

Cock Joke
12-11-2008, 05:20 PM

Oh my FUCK what will people come up with next?

Alex101
12-13-2008, 05:24 PM
Oh my FUCK what will people come up with next?

I hope the Nirvana reunion rumors aren't next. Like for Sublime, you can't beg a dude to replace Kurt Cobain as well. It'd be difficult to see a successful band with a member replacing a member who was responsible for forming a band.

B-Rad
12-14-2008, 12:12 AM
Omfg i live in new jersey and im going to that

I hope dexter makes an appearance

Alex101
12-14-2008, 01:50 PM
Omfg i live in new jersey and im going to that

I hope dexter makes an appearance

No. Again, those Sublime reunion rumors are fake, and Dexter is definitely not joining.