PDA

View Full Version : what is your current favorite RAFRAG cover?

_Lost_
11-26-2008, 02:01 AM
of the ones that are done, what is everybody's favorite? I'm torn and one is needed for the mixtape. which recording of the 7 that are complete is your favorite? If you don't have all 7, you can find them at the RAFRAG link in my signature.

randman21
11-26-2008, 03:16 AM
It's a toss-up between Hammerhead and Trust in You for me, but I'm going with Trust in You.

Free?
11-26-2008, 03:46 AM
OOOoooooooohh!

Rutegard
11-26-2008, 07:11 AM
FIX YOU!!!!

of course...
i like the effect of both voices

but the winner of all times would be the meaning of life by randman, i just cant get anough of that song, sorry i had to say!!

Static_Martyr
11-26-2008, 07:41 AM
I am sad :( Trust In You....it sounds awesome (harmonies FTW!!), and yet....you can barely hear the drums....

Rutegard
11-26-2008, 07:50 AM
trust in u is also cool, but i prefer the chorus part

while fix u is just perfect...except for a small detail...i'd say!

_Lost_
11-26-2008, 11:27 AM
I am sad :( Trust In You....it sounds awesome (harmonies FTW!!), and yet....you can barely hear the drums....

is that a suggestion that i turn them up? i can do that.

Rooster
11-26-2008, 12:59 PM
Maybe if guitars and drums in Trust In You would be just a bit louder (but just a bit, so that they would not ruin the vocal part too much) it would be even better. That's not because i would want to put my part in front of everyithing, i just think that the sound would be even better :)

_Lost_
11-26-2008, 01:01 PM
thats what i think, but others say the vocals need to be louder and ryder always shoots for obscene amounts of bass. haha... i'll play with it some more and upload it later

Static_Martyr
11-26-2008, 01:09 PM
I would suggest this: try to feel the bass more than hear the bass; if you can hear it but not feel it, there's too much treble. Hearing it isn't bad, though, as long as you can feel it at least a little. I know the sample I gave wasn't very good quality 0_0

As for drums, it's not that they're too quiet per se, as there is barely any bass to them; you can hear the cymbals, but the snare and bass are almost gone. It'd be a shame to let such beautiful drumming go unheard~

As for guitar, I'd say cut the treble so that you can hear the notes but not that extra noise that comes in when the frequency is too high; I did that on Kristy by accident (too much treble/not enough bass), and so the guitar parts are really high and moist with excess crunchiness....which isn't so bad, except you can't hear the notes very well, so all you get is this sense of "treble" with some bass guitar in the background 0_0

EDIT:

while fix u is just perfect...except for a small detail...i'd say!

And what detail would that be? 0_o

_Lost_
11-26-2008, 01:23 PM
i'll play with it, but i actually like really trebly guitar. I'll hook up my good speakers and really mess with it.

Static_Martyr
11-26-2008, 01:29 PM
Whatever works :D

I'm just in disbelief that we're actually working on this again. For awhile there, I'd pretty much given up on anything coming of it....

_Lost_
11-26-2008, 01:35 PM
Whatever works :D

I'm just in disbelief that we're actually working on this again. For awhile there, I'd pretty much given up on anything coming of it....

there was just a lull... same thing happened when we were just doing hammerhead. haha. i'm really excited though. randman is going to try to do vocals for half truism and we should have the guitar for yggfk and takes me nowhere soon. AND that would mean 10 out of 13 songs are done! we are so close!!

Rooster
11-26-2008, 01:38 PM
Now i need drum and bass tracks for Takes Me Nowhere, so that i can finish my parts... Or have those parts been posted already?

_Lost_
11-26-2008, 02:17 PM
i don't have anything for takes me nowhere. DRUMMERS TAKE NOTE!

drummerbecca
11-26-2008, 03:05 PM
It'd be a shame to let such beautiful drumming go unheard~

Shucks, thanks Static :)

The sound quality is pretty bad though. That's what I get for trying to record an electronic kit straight to my laptop using a phono cable!

Rutegard
11-27-2008, 03:37 AM
just that the second chorus for fix you, when it enters is not as powerfull as in the original song and that sucks, because its what i love the most!

u barely heard the drums and the voice should be more into it, when she sings " i wish i could fix u"...should have some impact!

just that :p but i voted for fix u didnt i? :)

randman21
11-27-2008, 06:28 AM
I should have tried to do Half-Truism yesterday, instead of messing with my keyboard all day because I think I'm going to give it a go. But I'm seriously chomping at the bit to do Rock Bottom. :D

Rutegard
11-27-2008, 06:42 AM
I should have tried to do Half-Truism yesterday, instead of messing with my keyboard all day because I think I'm going to give it a go. But I'm seriously chomping at the bit to do Rock Bottom. :D

u should also do all the rest lol

Static_Martyr
11-27-2008, 06:18 PM
I just realized a terrible, terrible crime....

....there is no piano on Fix You! That first instrumental break (right after the first verse) always felt odd to me, and after listening to it side-by-side with the original, I realized....the rhythm keyboard is missing!

randman21
11-28-2008, 01:17 AM
Hahaha, I realized this at the first listen. I was looking forward to that part most, but it's no real biggie. It's good without it.

Rutegard
11-28-2008, 03:22 AM
I just realized a terrible, terrible crime....

....there is no piano on Fix You! That first instrumental break (right after the first verse) always felt odd to me, and after listening to it side-by-side with the original, I realized....the rhythm keyboard is missing!

ups sorry for not mentioning it, but i also realized it too! but well, i thought, maybe no one knows how to play piano so i didnt want to say anything bout it :p

_Lost_
11-28-2008, 03:32 PM
i'm not gonna lie, i never noticed the piano... oops... if anyone wants to record it, i'll mix it in.

Static_Martyr
11-28-2008, 04:15 PM
ups sorry for not mentioning it, but i also realized it too! but well, i thought, maybe no one knows how to play piano so i didnt want to say anything bout it

Have you listened to our ALLM cover yet? 0_0

Ryder1234
11-29-2008, 02:05 AM
thomas do you know when you'll have those Rock Bottom drums done? i wanna do all my remaining parts at once. also, can someone upload the simu drums?

Rutegard
11-29-2008, 11:44 AM
ups sorry for not mentioning it, but i also realized it too! but well, i thought, maybe no one knows how to play piano so i didnt want to say anything bout it

Have you listened to our ALLM cover yet? 0_0

no i dont like that song! :o

Static_Martyr
11-29-2008, 01:28 PM
Well, it has piano in it~

_Lost_
11-30-2008, 02:15 PM
thomas do you know when you'll have those Rock Bottom drums done? i wanna do all my remaining parts at once. also, can someone upload the simu drums?

kevin... i've uploaded them for you like 5 times. I'll upload them again later.

Ryder1234
11-30-2008, 04:10 PM
Haha, really? Well, it's not on my PC so I don't know what happened to them.

_Lost_
11-30-2008, 07:54 PM
http://rapidshare.de/files/41035223/Stuff_Is_Messed_Up_drums.wav.html