PDA

View Full Version : YGGF,K has spent 10 weeks at the top, now.

Omni
11-29-2008, 04:13 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_Modern_Rock_Tracks

I guess it's been officially cemented in the Modern Rock Tracks history. Only 18 songs have spent ten weeks at the top. Let's see how far it can keep climbing. If it goes another week it'll match Pork and Beans.

DMelges
11-29-2008, 04:16 AM
That's good news. YGGFK is pure awesomeness and it's taking over the world !

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/2800/cycqmqu6stoccqdepxgraya3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/9082/3exlazo4dkwyeyjjwzgomgqi2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

holland25
11-29-2008, 05:37 AM
http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/9082/3exlazo4dkwyeyjjwzgomgqi2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Seriosly, this is a very unsuccesful photomontage...

F@ BANKZ
11-29-2008, 08:00 AM
That's good news. YGGFK is pure awesomeness and it's taking over the world !

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/2800/cycqmqu6stoccqdepxgraya3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
Dexter Holland's villa?

RonWelty
11-29-2008, 08:26 AM
Dexter Holland's villa?

na. He sold his big house last year.

bighead384
11-29-2008, 09:02 AM
It's not going to be number one next week, I don't think. Sex On Fire by Kings Of Leon was already passing it in radio play ( http://www.allaccess.com/ ) the very day that they updated the Billboard charts this week (Thursday). So it's going to be really tough to hold on to the number one spot.

Sex On Fire isn't that great in my opinion. It's just okay. I don't know why it's so popular.

Skinny
11-29-2008, 09:02 AM
Seriosly, this is a very unsuccesful photomontage...

Ya, you can see it says 1985 at the top. Just a guess here, but I'm sure nobody had heard You're Gonna Go Far, Kid in Annandale Minnesota until this year.

Cock Joke
11-29-2008, 11:37 AM
I thought it was more than 15 by now.

Rutegard
11-29-2008, 12:18 PM
I thought it was more than 15 by now.

yes it has been on that chat for 18 weeks now, but not always at number one right?...

Cock Joke
11-29-2008, 12:20 PM
yes it has been on that chat for 18 weeks now, but not always at number one right?...

Maybe it kinda went down to 2 or 3 for a while. I didn't notice that it did, tho. But that's probably what happened.

ad8
11-29-2008, 02:04 PM
Yay! I even saw a YGGFK/RAFRAG ad on MTV GERMANY today:eek: :D

bighead384
11-29-2008, 02:46 PM
It's also at number 11 on the Mainstream Rock charts, last time I checked. Maybe YGGFK will join Self-Esteem and Come Out & Play on the list of classic Offspring songs.

dff_punk
11-29-2008, 02:48 PM
It's also at number 11 on the Mainstream Rock charts, last time I checked. Maybe YGGFK will join Self-Esteem and Come Out & Play on the list of classic Offspring songs.

Imho, it already IS there :)

KHWHD
11-29-2008, 03:12 PM
That's great, although I can't say I'm really surprised!! :D ;)

LosingStreak
11-29-2008, 03:18 PM
Long live YGGF,K!!!

sbazzone
11-29-2008, 03:20 PM
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/esearch/searchResult.jsp?exp=y&Ntt=you%27re+gonna+go+far%2C+kid&Ntk=Keyword&an=bbcom&nor=10&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&N=37

have fun.

Cock Joke
11-29-2008, 03:22 PM
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/esearch/searchResult.jsp?exp=y&Ntt=you%27re+gonna+go+far%2C+kid&Ntk=Keyword&an=bbcom&nor=10&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&N=37

have fun.

Un-Fuckin'-Believable! I knew they would be successful with this album! There's no way they're not winning a Grammy this year!

Smash_Returns
11-29-2008, 05:05 PM
It's Gonna Go Far, Kid.

IamSam
11-29-2008, 05:56 PM
Random people in my state of Montana now have it as a ringtone. It's big.

Rutegard
11-30-2008, 03:54 AM
Maybe it kinda went down to 2 or 3 for a while. I didn't notice that it did, tho. But that's probably what happened.

probably but i didn't notice too....

so..how long has been number one for sure? "just" 10 weeks?

randman21
11-30-2008, 04:06 AM
Sex On Fire isn't that great in my opinion. It's just okay. I don't know why it's so popular.
I agree, although I must say that I'm glad to see them finally get recognition here, because they are better than most of what I hear on the radio.

bighead384
11-30-2008, 09:02 AM
I agree, although I must say that I'm glad to see them finally get recognition here, because they are better than most of what I hear on the radio.

Actually, I agree with that too. I don't like Sex On Fire that much, but I've heard other KOL songs that rock.

Omni
12-01-2008, 03:10 PM
I atually like Sex on Fire. Yeah, it's spent ten weeks, it spent the rest of the time making it's climb.

#11 is actually it's peak position on the Mainstream charts. It's been climbing the entire time.I don't see it reaching #1 with AC/DC and Metallica as well as other good artists, but cracking the Top 10 would be pretty cool.

Well, I was hoping it'd reach ten weeks so it'd be listed on the Modern Rock list I showed you. It did, so mission accomplished.

WebDudette
12-01-2008, 03:46 PM
I honestly haven't heard much of anything about the Offspring outside of this forum. I don't watch tv but I assume I would have heard something at school.

_Lost_
12-01-2008, 03:55 PM
maybe if i listened to the radio or watched any of the music stations, i would hear more buzz. but yggfk keeps turning up in shows and what not. its kind of exciting watching a song climb like this one has. i didn't bear witness to any of the previous albums and their chart journey. it would be amazing if they won some awards for this album. then things would just explode! then we could hear the offspring on tv and radio all the time.!

Aion
12-01-2008, 03:58 PM
10 weeks? uff!
nice!!!
=)
maybe as a single, cuz...the video...>.<

Bipolar Bear
12-01-2008, 08:30 PM
yeah I've noticed it was popular with a lot of people
how about they come tour north americaaa now T_T

Stylie
12-03-2008, 01:51 PM
it would be amazing if they won some awards for this album. then things would just explode! then we could hear the offspring on tv and radio all the time.!

Awww, yeaaaaaah. ^^

T_immortal
12-04-2008, 10:10 AM
Against all odds, our beloved track has stayed atop the charts for its 11th straight week :D woooooohoooooooo!

RonWelty
12-04-2008, 10:28 AM
Against all odds, our beloved track has stayed atop the charts for its 11th straight week :D woooooohoooooooo!

It makes me happy, even if I believe there are better tracks on RAFRAG

Rutegard
12-04-2008, 10:46 AM

wow thanks

for letting us know...i completely forgot.. :|

bighead384
12-04-2008, 11:01 AM

Wow. There's probably no more than 10 or 11 songs that have made it that long.

Thomas
12-04-2008, 11:13 AM
Hot damn! :eek:

T_immortal
12-04-2008, 11:39 AM
Wow. There's probably no more than 10 or 11 songs that have made it that long.

YGGF,K is in fact the 16th song to have been on the charts at #1 for 11 weeks or longer. If it stays at number 1 for another week, it will be the longest running #1 modern rock track of 2008 :). On a sadder note however, Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace is no longer on the billboard 200...at least for the time being ;) here's hoping the north american tour will change that

Stylie
12-04-2008, 02:22 PM
YGGF,K is in fact the 16th song to have been on the charts at #1 for 11 weeks or longer. If it stays at number 1 for another week, it will be the longest running #1 modern rock track of 2008 :). On a sadder note however, Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace is no longer on the billboard 200...at least for the time being ;) here's hoping the north american tour will change that

Ah man, I'm SO happy for this! Hope it will stay even longer, knocking out almost everyone, though 11 weeks is still DAMN good! Go You're Gonna Go Far, Kid! stay longer, stay stronger. :D

RageAndLov
12-04-2008, 04:33 PM
Funny that YGGFK is on top for over 10 weeks. You should have thought that Self Esteem or Pretty Fly would be longer on that list since they're more popular!

Omni
12-04-2008, 09:29 PM
I can't help but see the humor in the fact that the only song that kept Hammerhead from being #1 on the charts was Weezer's Pork and Beans with it's incredible reign. Now, the only thing that kept Weezer's Troublemaker off the #1 spot was You're Gonna Go Far, Kid, which has spend the same amount of time #1 as Pork and Beans did.

This is what confuses me. Weezer and The Offspring have each released two singles from their latest albums, each song having the EXACT same amount of popularity. Yet Weezer's album has sold 380,000+, while The Offspring's has sold maybe 170,000+. I really don't understand how a band can have a song so popular that only 12 songs in history have beaten in popularity (another three tying it) and have their album fall off the charts before it's even halfway to being Gold. I don't know why this bothers me so much, I just know that in the 90s, any song that spent 11 weeks at #1 = Platinum. With a couple of Top 5 supporting singles (Hammerhead at #2 -_-), multi platinum.

T_immortal
12-04-2008, 10:30 PM
I can't help but see the humor in the fact that the only song that kept Hammerhead from being #1 on the charts was Weezer's Pork and Beans with it's incredible reign. Now, the only thing that kept Weezer's Troublemaker off the #1 spot was You're Gonna Go Far, Kid, which has spend the same amount of time #1 as Pork and Beans did.

This is what confuses me. Weezer and The Offspring have each released two singles from their latest albums, each song having the EXACT same amount of popularity. Yet Weezer's album has sold 380,000+, while The Offspring's has sold maybe 170,000+. I really don't understand how a band can have a song so popular that only 12 songs in history have beaten in popularity (another three tying it) and have their album fall off the charts before it's even halfway to being Gold. I don't know why this bothers me so much, I just know that in the 90s, any song that spent 11 weeks at #1 = Platinum. With a couple of Top 5 supporting singles (Hammerhead at #2 -_-), multi platinum.

I think the main issue with that is the gap between the albums, RAFRAG came out nearly 5 years after Splinter, and the Offspring kinda slipped off the radar in that time, thats my guess anyways. The album was hotly anticipated by fans, but the general public interest in the Offspring waned. Btw, great guess, as of last week, RAFRAG has sold a shade over 179,000 copies in the US.

KyleW
12-05-2008, 04:37 AM

In the UK Weezer have been given so much more air time than The Offspring. Kerrang! play Pork and Beans everyday even though it has been out a while whereas Ive seen them play Hammerhead once and they dont even have the vid for YGGFK. I dont know how the rest of the world shapes up but it doesnt suprise me in the slightest that Weezer have sold more. I am only going by what ive seen over here though.

maplejet
12-05-2008, 06:45 AM
Didn't think The Offspring would have a shot at holding #1 seeing how rock was more alligned towards post-grunge and hard rock these days...just fucking amazing. Hopefully this should help the album sell well now.

Smash_Returns
12-05-2008, 11:24 AM
Some of the most successful albums (of all time) did terrible in terms of sales for the first few YEARS even though. So don't give up.

bighead384
12-05-2008, 11:56 AM

I really can't tell you why sales are as weak as they are, but they're MAY be reasons why they aren't doing as well as Weezer.One reason is that Weezer gets played on pop radio stations as well as alternative. And Weezer have been touring the U.S. haven't they? I know they played in Philly a month or so ago. Offspring hasn't done that yet, and it's affecting their sales.

Edit: Speaking of that, they have about three weeks to a month at the most to announce their tour dates before a legitimate "WTF" is in order. And don't even fucking try to tell me otherwise.

_Lost_
12-05-2008, 12:16 PM
at least the first couple months of the year anyway. I'm crossing my fingers for a good 2 or 3 stops within 6 hours of here, cause i will so be there.

RageAndLov
12-08-2008, 02:42 PM
Btw, great guess, as of last week, RAFRAG has sold a shade over 179,000 copies in the US.

But what about worldwide? That's what really matters!

T_immortal
12-08-2008, 08:00 PM
I'm going by their discography on wikipedia, which has its sources cited but I don't know how legit they are, and it looks to be around 600,000 give or take.

RageAndLov
12-09-2008, 12:37 AM
Well that's not bad. Better than S/T anyway :p
But it really shows how less popular they have gotten since Americana. And I think more people are downloading music today rather than buying the CD /Vinyl.

Omni
12-09-2008, 12:48 AM
Yes, RaFRaG is barely beating S/T, an album which the band glued the sleves of the records on by themselves at Greg K's house. Even though some albums pick up years after they're released, these albums are also often undiscovered gems and garner some of the highest reviews in the industry. Call me crazy, but I don't think RaFRaF will earn that distinction.

RageAndLov
12-09-2008, 12:52 AM
Yes, RaFRaG is barely beating S/T, an album which the band glued the sleves of the records on by themselves at Greg K's house. Even though some albums pick up years after they're released, these albums are also often undiscovered gems and garner some of the highest reviews in the industry. Call me crazy, but I don't think RaFRaF will earn that distinction.

You never know! When RAFRAG is as old as S/T we will see :)

The Search Button
12-09-2008, 03:06 AM
10 weeks on top?

11?

I'd marry this baby!

KyleW
12-09-2008, 03:10 AM
10 weeks on top?

11?

I'd marry this baby!

Are we still at the top? Im not really following this thread.

PS. Your Location gave me a lol :D

Tomasisko
12-09-2008, 08:15 AM
Are we still at the top? Im not really following this thread.

PS. Your Location gave me a lol :D

yeah we are still no. 1 :)

T_immortal
12-09-2008, 08:16 AM
We'll know if we're still at the top on Thursday morning. I've made it a habit of checking every week, and I'll post here as soon as I find out :)

Rutegard
12-09-2008, 11:04 AM
We'll know if we're still at the top on Thursday morning. I've made it a habit of checking every week, and I'll post here as soon as I find out :)

im counting on you now, cause sometimes i forget

Omni
12-10-2008, 09:22 PM

Sex on Fire is now #1. 11 week run, though. Not bad at all, folks. But according to other topics, Kristy is now charting. Let's pull for a repeat.

T_immortal
12-10-2008, 10:05 PM

Sex on Fire is now #1. 11 week run, though. Not bad at all, folks. But according to other topics, Kristy is now charting. Let's pull for a repeat.

I didn't want to believe it but that info comes right from the source :(. Here's hoping it's just a temporary blip and our beloved track relclaims it's spot in due time, or that Kristy climbs her way up the charts :). 11 weeks at #1 is fantastic, and makes YGGF,K the joint longest running #1 track of 2008 along with Pork and Beans, but we still win! :D

And for the record, Kristy has made it's debut on the charts at #34

Rutegard
12-11-2008, 03:24 AM
hum ok...so where can we vote for kristy?

MAXTER
01-06-2009, 08:02 AM
http://rapidshare.com/files/180398502/You_re_Gonna_Go_Far__Kid__Maxi_Single__by_MAXTER.r ar.html

MAXTER
01-06-2009, 08:05 AM
http://rapidshare.com/files/180398502/You_re_Gonna_Go_Far__Kid__Maxi_Single__by_MAXTER.r ar.html

Now we'll waiting for "Kristy Are You Doing Okay?" Single MAXI!!!!:D

Omni
01-06-2009, 11:10 AM
If Kristy reaches the top ten, I think there may be a fourth single released. However, with album sales in a slump, they may not release another single just because the label may think it won't help sales regardless.

MAXTER
01-06-2009, 11:20 AM
If Kristy reaches the top ten, I think there may be a fourth single released. However, with album sales in a slump, they may not release another single just because the label may think it won't help sales regardless.

Fourth Single????:confused:

1 was "Hammerhead"
2 was " You're Gonna Go Far, Kid"
3 ???????

Free?
01-06-2009, 11:24 AM
Fourth Single????:confused:

1 was "Hammerhead"
2 was " You're Gonna Go Far, Kid"
3 ???????

3. Kristy, Are You Doing Okay? ? :)

RedFox