PDA

View Full Version : Those of you who hate the new Offspring setlists, post here.

F@ BANKZ
11-30-2008, 01:53 PM

:mad:

Blitzkrieg Bop
11-30-2008, 01:55 PM
ROFL ... I wouldn't go as far as saying that I hated it ... just not very original

cool 2 hate 681
11-30-2008, 01:55 PM
play warped tour again then we will get better sets

dff_punk
11-30-2008, 01:56 PM
I would not call it "new".. :p

jacknife737
11-30-2008, 01:57 PM
These threads are a fucking cancer that is killing this BBS. Stop it.

Rutegard
11-30-2008, 01:57 PM
ROFL ... I wouldn't go as far as saying that I hated it ... just not very original

exactly

i want half truism trust in u takes me nowhere AND bad habit as an opening song....seriously...nothing beats bad habit...not even SIMU

Gustavo
11-30-2008, 01:59 PM
I don't like this kind of threads much.
But I am not that happy with the set lists so far.
They should play at least one song of Self Titled and Ignition. They should change a little bit too, play Americana a little less.
That'd be cool.
I wish they would play Lightning Rod :(

Blitzkrieg Bop
11-30-2008, 02:04 PM
They should play at least one song of Self Titled and Ignition.

They hardly ever do that, so want makes you think that this time it would different :)

Gustavo
11-30-2008, 02:05 PM
They hardly ever do that, so want makes you think that this time it would different :)

Nothing, actually. But I do think they SHOULD.

Rooster
11-30-2008, 02:06 PM
I was just about to make "Those of you who hate those stupid those-of-you-who-hate-threads shouldn't post here, because if you would post then you would be posting in a thread you hate, and that would make you fecking hypocrite"

But i changed my mind, because then we'd have another stupid "Those of you who hate *insert-whatever-annoys-you-here*" thread...

Blackball_
11-30-2008, 02:08 PM

irony!!!!!!!

IamSam
11-30-2008, 02:38 PM

Ditto.

You're not cool hating everything they do.

bighead384
11-30-2008, 02:47 PM
What set lists are causing this kind of complaining? Someone post one.

holland25
11-30-2008, 02:51 PM

What the hell are you up to for last few weeks? You're starting threads that doesn't deserve to be started. You never did that before...

bighead384
11-30-2008, 02:52 PM
play warped tour again then we will get better sets

I remember the Warped Tour set lists being awesome. They played 2 uncommon songs at every show, which was awesome. I really value the element of surprise at a show. I don't like the idea of going to a show knowing that the band is just going to play all their hit songs. Although I'm glad that YGGFK and Hammerhead are two songs with a lot of punk rock energy. Because I think that's the kind of concert the average Offspring fan is looking for.

dff_punk
11-30-2008, 02:54 PM
Those of you, who hate those of you, who hate those of you, who hate those of you, who hate those of you, who hate those of you, who hate those of you, who hate those of you, who hate those of you, who hate those of you, who hate those of you, who hate those of you, who hate those of you, who hate all the rest.

And I could go on and on and on...

bighead384
11-30-2008, 02:56 PM
What the hell are you up to for last few weeks? You're starting threads that doesn't deserve to be started. You never did that before...

Maybe the word "Hate" shouldn't be in the thread since it is The Offspring's message board, but I'm interested in discussing the set lists. I'm going to see the guys for the first time this coming tour and I'm hoping they stick with the same formula they did for Warped Tour. You gotta throw in a few surprises.

jacknife737
11-30-2008, 03:08 PM
There are already multiple threads dedicated to set-lists. Even ones dedicated to the "predictability" of them; this thread is totally unnecessary.

Cock Joke
11-30-2008, 03:11 PM

Seriously, man. It is getting kind of old now.

cool 2 hate 681
11-30-2008, 03:11 PM
I remember the Warped Tour set lists being awesome. They played 2 uncommon songs at every show, which was awesome. I really value the element of surprise at a show. I don't like the idea of going to a show knowing that the band is just going to play all their hit songs. Although I'm glad that YGGFK and Hammerhead are two songs with a lot of punk rock energy. Because I think that's the kind of concert the average Offspring fan is looking for.

i think doing a few warped dates would be a good idea for 2009 they played LAPD at the one i saw

shame there were no good bootlegs for warped

Gustavo
11-30-2008, 03:13 PM
For those of you who want to check out some set-lists and discuss them:
http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33627 ;)

bighead384
11-30-2008, 03:15 PM
There are already multiple threads dedicated to set-lists. Even ones dedicated to the "predictability" of them; this thread is totally unnecessary.

Fair enough...I didn't realize there was a "set-lists thread".

offs55
11-30-2008, 03:29 PM
Play genocide

_Lost_
11-30-2008, 07:08 PM
f@bankz, whats with all the hate lately? seriously! i mean, whats up man?

Thomas
11-30-2008, 08:47 PM
laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame

SK8rocka
11-30-2008, 09:16 PM
Well im glad that there playing mota but BRING ON THE SELF TITLED, i mean imagine a proshot jenifer lost the war 2008 OMG, id love to hear noodles do solo like that now (i bet he couldnt) lol

and the occasional dirty magic would be soo awesome!

Budzy
11-30-2008, 10:06 PM
Well im glad that there playing mota but BRING ON THE SELF TITLED, i mean imagine a proshot jenifer lost the war 2008 OMG, id love to hear noodles do solo like that now (i bet he couldnt) lol

Agreed to all of it.
I shall go check out the recents set-lists and make my verdict.

UPDATE: There not that bad. I was surprised to see Self Esteem being totally dropped out of one or two of the set lists, simply because I believe that that song is one of if not the best song live. I think they're just getting bored of opening with Bad Habit, so they've change it to Stuff Is Messed Up, which I don't mind, but Bad Habit should remain the opener, or maybe Half-Truism or Hammerhead or some other song with an awesome intro. As long as they continue to play Bad Habit, Self Esteem, TKAA, Gone Away, I'm sweet with it. And I can't wait til they tour here, cos I want to hear Mota live so bad. I dont exactly like Walla Walla being on all the sets lately, but it is a fun song, so I can see why they put it in there.

And also, fuck these stupid threads, if you want to discuss the setlists you don't have to title it 'THOSE OF YOU WHO HATE THE NEW SETLISTS POST HERE'...I know im posting here, but I dont HATE them.

EDIT AGAIN: Sorry, I realise they dropped Self Esteem for Japan. Now it makes sense. :D

_Lost_
11-30-2008, 10:16 PM
id love to hear noodles do solo like that now (i bet he couldnt)

honestly, i don't think he ever really could. lol at least not in a show.

SK8rocka
11-30-2008, 10:40 PM
honestly, i don't think he ever really could. lol at least not in a show.

yeah, but them solos were so long ago, that was when noodles was more metal and stuff, (i read that he was a huge metal fan in the self titled days) but dexter and stuff had to get him into punk and now hes a bar chord thrasher, zzzzzzzzzzz

noodles should be better than slash by now.
its been like 10 years, you know how long people can improve in that long of a time lol.

i has a theroy that noodles wasnt the guitarist untill igniton lol.
but then again http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ7A9vd4EeA

But then AGAIN: this ain't noodles

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=QilLnjWpQPo&feature=related

and this video also dosnt have noodles in it:

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=_wYHIYFWXZM&feature=related

infact that whole concert dosnt have noodles in it, either that or noodles put on weight, grew a beard and stop wearing them glasses!

F@ BANKZ
12-01-2008, 04:33 AM
I confess this thread was one step too far, plus I was sort of expecting some discourse about setlists rather than twenty or so anti-me posts.

But I stand by my anti-Gringo-Navidad-Christmas-Basket policies.

randman21
12-01-2008, 04:43 AM
its been like 10 years, you know how long people can improve in that long of a time lol.

Heh, more like 18-19 years.

i has a theroy that noodles wasnt the guitarist untill igniton lol.
but then again http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ7A9vd4EeA

But then AGAIN: this ain't noodles

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=QilLnjWpQPo&feature=related

and this video also dosnt have noodles in it:

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=_wYHIYFWXZM&feature=related

infact that whole concert dosnt have noodles in it, either that or noodles put on weight, grew a beard and stop wearing them glasses!I think this might be when Noodles got stabbed. He may have been in the hospital at this point.

danitanev
12-01-2008, 06:00 AM
I think you should post the setlist too - it'll be easier to make any comments about it! Anyway..........

Smash punker
12-01-2008, 07:12 AM

Fuck you! :mad: Americana my way! :D ohh, sorry...S.M.A.S.H.! :D

F@ BANKZ
12-01-2008, 08:40 AM
Fuck you! :mad: Americana my way! :D ohh, sorry...S.M.A.S.H.! :D

haha, lol! Ahhh..
*adds name to hitlist* (=P)

Camilamazed
12-01-2008, 08:43 AM
hmm

I always complain about the setlist but I know at a show it won't matter. Even if they sing Oops I did it again I wil probably like it. However, I will never stop saying the band should at least once surprise us with a brand-new setlist.

bouncingcoles
12-01-2008, 09:11 AM
they are basically playing the same songs they played on the splinter tour except instead of splinter songs they are playing RFRG songs instead. this isnt something new, they have been doing this for years, they never mix up there set lists much. i dont understand why they never play ignition or self titled songs though. they say its because most of the people wont know the songs. that makes sense at a festival but on there own tour practically everyone wants to hear the old material.

randman21
12-01-2008, 09:31 AM
Yes, and casual fans at the shows aren't going to know every single song they play, so they might as well shake it up a little more.

_Lost_
12-01-2008, 09:37 AM
honestly though... how many people on here see them so often that its really going to matter???

I mean... if you see them once every couple years, how can the songs get old?

offspringer24
12-01-2008, 09:39 AM

well iv seen em 10 times and they've played session most of the time, beheaded a couple times too!

Stylie
12-01-2008, 10:14 AM

And also, fuck these stupid threads, if you want to discuss the setlists you don't have to title it 'THOSE OF YOU WHO HATE THE NEW SETLISTS POST HERE'...I know im posting here, but I dont HATE them.

QFT and QFT.

i dont understand why they never play ignition or self titled songs though. they say its because most of the people wont know the songs. that makes sense at a festival but on there own tour practically everyone wants to hear the old material.

Seriously, you don't think he could do that? And yeah, it would be AWESOME if they suddenly began to play Jennifer Lost The War on a festival, ahahah!

I understand why they don't play old stuff on festivals, but on their own concerts they SHOULD mix up a bit. And they do, but not everytime or enough, heh... But I mean, I absolutely respect their setlist and stuff, and I'm VERY happy for bringing back songs like MOTA! :D

Blitzkrieg Bop
12-01-2008, 10:52 AM
well iv seen em 10 times and they've played session most of the time, beheaded a couple times too!

I did say hardly, not never, when you compare it to the number of shows they have done over the years ... They did the songs at the Paris show last year :)

Grimesy da Offspringfan
12-01-2008, 02:05 PM
I fucking hate the "Those of you who hate..." threads, but this is kinda true. I don't hate the setlists, cause fuck man, be happy, it's The Offspring...
"Those of you who hate anything about The Offspring, FUCK OFF!"

F@ BANKZ
12-01-2008, 03:13 PM
"Those of you who hate anything about The Offspring, FUCK OFF!"

My, the temptation.

iPunk247
12-08-2008, 11:12 PM
THOSE OF YOU WHO LOVES THE NEW OFFSPRING SETLISTS, POST HERE. ;):rolleyes::D:eek: