PDA

View Full Version : talk to us!

hangovered
12-01-2008, 04:31 AM
I don't know if this gonna produce any effects,but after watching yesterday show I though we could ask the band for some contact....I know,the music is most important,but some of us are waiting for years to see them live and expecting something more than just few songs...I know,I know,it's them show and they can do whatever they want and maby it's difficoult to them to make contact with the audience,but maby,sometimes they can try...I'm sure they are great guys with sense of humor and able to do some really great show...What do you think?

(Is that thread makes any sense...?:confused:)

dr.vanessa
12-01-2008, 05:18 AM
I really wish they talked to us...but it's been a long time since they last did..:(

Little_Miss_1565
12-01-2008, 08:44 AM
I don't know if this gonna produce any effects,but after watching yesterday show I though we could ask the band for some contact....I know,the music is most important,but some of us are waiting for years to see them live and expecting something more than just few songs...I know,I know,it's them show and they can do whatever they want and maby it's difficoult to them to make contact with the audience,but maby,sometimes they can try...I'm sure they are great guys with sense of humor and able to do some really great show...What do you think?

(Is that thread makes any sense...?:confused:)

I think Oxy mentioned in another thread that the band's set was cut short by the promoter and they had to just power through the set in order to get all the songs in. It sucks that a lot of cities have been waiting years for shows and then something that isn't all that awesome happens, but some things aren't within the band's control. There's a lot that goes into a show that bands don't get to have a say in. I once played a show where the sound crew was half-retarded and took nearly 2 hours to soundcheck us. By the time we actually took the stage to play our set, we were exhausted and it definitely wasn't our best. Sometimes, shit happens, sorry to say.

Blitzkrieg Bop
12-01-2008, 12:15 PM
Yeah, a journal entry would be nice ... it has been a while :) I remember while completing the survey form that one question asked whether we would prefer more communication with the band ... so what has happened with that?

hangovered
12-01-2008, 04:35 PM
I think Oxy mentioned in another thread that the band's set was cut short by the promoter and they had to just power through the set in order to get all the songs in. It sucks that a lot of cities have been waiting years for shows and then something that isn't all that awesome happens, but some things aren't within the band's control. There's a lot that goes into a show that bands don't get to have a say in. I once played a show where the sound crew was half-retarded and took nearly 2 hours to soundcheck us. By the time we actually took the stage to play our set, we were exhausted and it definitely wasn't our best. Sometimes, shit happens, sorry to say.

I know it wasn't a regular Off show,but I just wish They would notice that we-audiance are there, and whatever They say would be so AWSOME to us...We've been waiting for Them,show us that you...like us...?

ernesto88
12-01-2008, 06:01 PM
the actually shows are "bad" couse this, i miss the old style shows, i havn't seen in the recent shows that offspring to interact with the public, if they did, the public would be more happy

_Lost_
12-01-2008, 06:06 PM
i agree with this. at the show i went to, they talked very briefly in between a couple songs, but they weren't talking to us. and it sounded so scripted. i don't think dexter looked at us in the very front at all during the show. (though my sister swears he cracked up when that chic flashed him right beside my face)

jacknife737
12-01-2008, 06:15 PM
I absolutely loathe generic stage banter, yeah, i know my city is the greatest, blah, blah, blah. It's always nice when the band jokes around with the crowd (ie like they did during the Paris show, or even when I got to see them live), however if they just aren't into it during that show, i'd rather they just shut up and sing, and let the music do the talking.

_Lost_
12-01-2008, 06:53 PM
I absolutely loathe generic stage banter, yeah, i know my city is the greatest, blah, blah, blah. It's always nice when the band jokes around with the crowd (ie like they did during the Paris show, or even when I got to see them live), however if they just aren't into it during that show, i'd rather they just shut up and sing, and let the music do the talking.

yeah... they did the "you guys are so great! you know, we never come here. we should more often!" stuff when i saw them... none of the fun, just enjoying their show kind of stuff.

i would love to hear noodles make up another joking lie about greg k. that would be cool to witness first-hand

Little_Miss_1565
12-01-2008, 07:22 PM
I know it wasn't a regular Off show,but I just wish They would notice that we-audiance are there, and whatever They say would be so AWSOME to us...We've been waiting for Them,show us that you...like us...?

I think you're putting way too much significance on it. Of course they notice you're there, and of course they appreciate it. Out of curiosity, do you go to many concerts?

nameless
12-01-2008, 08:09 PM
they have never really been into the between song banter, i think its best when bands do just play the songs. it was so frustrating waiting while bands like blink, green day and nofx goofed around during their sets. a little bit is ok but i dont think its critcal!

Oxygene
12-02-2008, 01:43 AM
They didn't ignore the crowd... I hate how people jumping to conclusions. They were into the crowd plenty. Damn it :)

the_real_potomek
12-02-2008, 02:07 AM
Noodles said that on Sunday show they had only an hour to play, so maybe they just wanted to play as much as it was possible. But I think they enjoyed the show, I was standing next to barriers and I saw Dexter smiling very often while singing.

Budzy
12-02-2008, 06:26 AM
Well I reckon they're pretty good with that stuff. They do talk a bit, but they've played over 1000 shows, its not like its anything new or exciting for them, they veterans now if you catch my drift. They've sorta mellowed out and just play to the crowd what they want to hear: THE OFFSPRING'S MUSIC.

But yeah i wouldn't mind a bit more of it, only because I find it funny and interesting, but people not as obsessed with the band may not. Like at soundwave, All Time Low crapped on for 5 minutes between each song about all the band members dicks. I found this extremely annoying, but the real fans thought it as funny.

Rutegard
12-02-2008, 06:45 AM
They didn't ignore the crowd... I hate how people jumping to conclusions. They were into the crowd plenty. Damn it :)

specially noodles :D as always

Camilamazed
12-02-2008, 07:31 AM
Noodles said that on Sunday show they had only an hour to play, so maybe they just wanted to play as much as it was possible. But I think they enjoyed the show, I was standing next to barriers and I saw Dexter smiling very often while singing.

Makes sense. Their shows now won't last more than 1:15 (at last). So I think I'd rather listen to as many songs as possible.