PDA

View Full Version : Pay The Man live - awesomeness!

Stylie
12-01-2008, 10:33 AM
Wow, I never knew they played this awesome song live! Found it out today, heh... This is a song that I would never expect them to play live, but they obviously have. How many times, and when?

Oh man, this is so cool! I wish they would make more songs like this (and maybe play live)... longer, interesting songs. 'Caus this song is really good. What do you guys think?

Ah, pure awesomeness!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkG7q7L7Bxg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6KKS12fDt0

Sofinch
12-01-2008, 10:36 AM
wuaaaaaaaaaah thanks STYLIE!!

Titus
12-01-2008, 10:39 AM
Im not sure, but I guess they played it in argentina in 99. They also played feelings and noodles made a kick ass solo at the end of the song

Jesus
12-01-2008, 10:41 AM
Yes they played it sometimes during the Americana tour (The second youtube video is from the Pukkelpop '99 festival in Belgium) and during most of the European leg of the Conspiracy of one tour (The first video is from that tour, Bercy France '01). Don't remember if they did on the American part of the tour either.

It's one of their best songs in my opinion, if not the best. And brilliant live. Wish they would play it more.

Rutegard
12-01-2008, 10:44 AM
yes they played that one in lisbon right in conspiracy tour....it was the last or one of the latest songs...

Jesus
12-01-2008, 10:45 AM
yeah first song of the encore I think, followed by Want You Bad and Self Esteem if my memory is correct ;). 15 minute encore

Rutegard
12-01-2008, 10:47 AM
yeah first song of the encore I think, followed by Want You Bad and Self Esteem if my memory is correct ;). 15 minute encore

EXACTLY!!! because i clearly remeber being SO TIRED by want u bad time i just wanted to lay down somewhere ahaha

Jesus
12-01-2008, 10:53 AM
Sweet memories, I was equally exhausted. It was also the tour with the awesome Bad Habit - All I Want opening.

Rutegard
12-01-2008, 11:11 AM
Sweet memories, I was equally exhausted. It was also the tour with the awesome Bad Habit - All I Want opening.

don't tell me....after bad habit i had that horrible pain in my belly, and i thought to myself..."ok, tomorrow this is really going to hurt, but right know, i got a full concert to rock out", and i was wrong...it didnt hurt the next day, it hurted for the whole week!! now before every concert i go to the gymn LOL :p

findout5
12-01-2008, 11:12 AM

AFI opened up for them that show. Davey was on the sidelines lip singing every word of Pay The Man :) Niiiiiiice!

Noodles did back-up vocals on AFI's Totalimmortal that night...before they got covered in popcorn!!

Great night!

Rutegard
12-01-2008, 11:14 AM
AFI opened up for them that show. Davey was on the sidelines lip singing every word of Pay The Man :) Niiiiiiice!

Noodles did back-up vocals on AFI's Totalimmortal that night...before they got covered in popcorn!!

Great night!

and noodles also played guitar in that one!!
i ate one popcorn...it sucked! no sugar LOL

Jesus
12-01-2008, 11:16 AM
A friend of mine already passed out during AFI lol. We had 2 openers that night too, local band and AFI.

findout5
12-01-2008, 11:16 AM
I got to meet Jade Puget that night AND got one of Dexter's picks!
Almost got into a fight with some guy on the bus, on the way home. I had to pee really bad and some jerk kept going shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh at the beggining of the trip :mad: lol

Wish I had that show on video :mad:

Thomas
12-01-2008, 12:05 PM
I thought they played it a bit during the Ixnay tour, but it didn't go over very well, so they stopped. Apparently I was wrong.

Either way, every video I've seen of them playing Pay the Man is amazing. By far, it's their best live song. I actually prefer the live version to the studio, which is usually not the case for me.

_Lost_
12-01-2008, 12:25 PM
awww mannnnn..... i never realized they ever played this live! I want soooo bad to watch it, but i can't right now because i am in class. :( It will be the first thing i do when i get back to my room. (can't you tell i am a dedicated student?) this is one of my favorite songs! I spent i don't know how long mastering the intro to this song! I would just about kill to see them do this live!

jesus and rutegard, you two are starting to sound like a couple of old fodders. :p

<3 <3

Tomasisko
12-01-2008, 12:31 PM
Pay The Man is a great song. They should play this song on the shows. That's 8 more minutes :)

findout5
12-01-2008, 12:43 PM
awww mannnnn..... i never realized they ever played this live! I want soooo bad to watch it, but i can't right now because i am in class. :( It will be the first thing i do when i get back to my room. (can't you tell i am a dedicated student?) this is one of my favorite songs! I spent i don't know how long mastering the intro to this song! I would just about kill to see them do this live!

jesus and rutegard, you two are starting to sound like a couple of old fodders. :p

<3 <3

Did you learn TKAA solo properly??

_Lost_
12-01-2008, 12:59 PM
Did you learn TKAA solo properly??

:o .....................

bouncingcoles
12-01-2008, 02:45 PM
they have played it live a few times. although unfortunately they shorten the instrumental part.

Cock Joke
12-01-2008, 03:01 PM
Pay the Man is an amazing song! Definitely not "typical Offspring." It's very unique and it's one of my favorites.

_Lost_
12-01-2008, 04:03 PM
they have played it live a few times. although unfortunately they shorten the instrumental part.

not really. they actually play the end a lot faster. the first 5 minutes seem unchanged to me.

iPunk247
12-08-2008, 10:22 PM
the offspring sound way better live than the actual album. pure gold & potentialy great! :):D:):D

RageAndLov
12-09-2008, 12:55 AM

Great night!

Man, I wished someone had a video of this!

Stylie
01-19-2009, 12:12 PM
Oh man, I almost get goosebumps of seeing this again. So f-ing amazing that they played this live!

bouncingcoles
01-19-2009, 07:42 PM
i wish they didnt shorten it