PDA

View Full Version : Drum tabs!!!

Disturbed32
12-02-2008, 08:41 PM
Can someone please send me the drum tab for "your gonna go far kid" it would really help a lot my band is playing the senior talent show and i need help. Thank you
My email is devon@fishtank.com

Thomas
12-02-2008, 08:49 PM
it's not a particularly difficult one. I'm sure you could do it by ear. The only tricky part would probably be the pre-chorus, but you can just play 16ths with your right hand on the floor tom and your left hand on the rack tom, hitting the snare on 2 and 4, of course. Be sure to let us know how it goes, and welcome to the bbs! :)

Ninty Man
12-03-2008, 07:55 AM
it's not a particularly difficult one. I'm sure you could do it by ear. The only tricky part would probably be the pre-chorus, but you can just play 16ths with your right hand on the floor tom and your left hand on the rack tom, hitting the snare on 2 and 4, of course. Be sure to let us know how it goes, and welcome to the bbs! :)

MMM... I do that, but is not the way it should be played??? I saw a motherfucker playing the song with two bass drums... and it sucked

Gayman
12-03-2008, 02:27 PM
Yeah.....you don't have to play drums exactly like they are played in the original song. Just listen to the song few times and start playing it, you'll get it close enough.

bighead384
12-03-2008, 02:42 PM
Also the fill leading right into the prechorus is a little tricky if you're not used to weak hand accents:

Snare: XxxxxXXxxxxXXxxx

Or maybe theres a few tom notes at the end of that? I'm not sure.

Ninty Man
12-03-2008, 04:31 PM
Also the fill lieading right into the prechorus is a little tricky if you're not used to weak hand accents:

Snare: XxxxxXXxxxxXXxxx

Or maybe theres a few tom notes at the end of that? I'm not sure.

MMM... yeah, something like that. You can just make a normal snare filling but only a bit slow, or more like the kind of fillings the song has.

nameless
12-03-2008, 04:46 PM
as long as you put in a solid performance i dont think anyone will mind if its not entirely as recorded. it would be harsh for the judges to take points off just because one person didnt play it exactly as written!

RODNEYMULLEN
12-04-2008, 03:42 AM
Can someone please send me the drum tab for "your gonna go far kid" it would really help a lot my band is playing the senior talent show and i need help. Thank you
My email is devon@fishtank.com

Watch the yahoo nissan show, the drums are turned up alot louder than usual.