PDA

View Full Version : Kristy on the charts!

Pages : [1] 2

bighead384
12-03-2008, 12:12 PM
http://www.allaccess.com/

^According to this site, it's #46 in radio play right now. So we can probably expect it to crack the top 50 when the Billboard Charts are updated tomorrow (Thursday). Unfortunately, it looks like YGGFK will be dethroned this week after 10 weeks at number 1. But that's okay, Kristy can replace it;).

Oxygene
12-03-2008, 12:16 PM
I wanna see half truism up there.. and a video.

Tomasisko
12-03-2008, 12:21 PM
I'm not sure that Kristy could replace YGGFK at number 1 position. But we will see :)

Camilamazed
12-03-2008, 12:21 PM
I wonder how a Fix You video would be.

mrs_hollandova
12-03-2008, 12:23 PM
I wonder how a Fix You video would be.

Dexter naked in bed :rolleyes:

bighead384
12-03-2008, 12:23 PM
I wanna see half truism up there.. and a video.

I'd rather see Stuff Is Messed Up as the single next. Half-Truism is pretty much a typical Offspring song, it's not going to make them any new fans. Plus it's already got that "first song on the album" fame.

_Lost_
12-03-2008, 12:25 PM
yay for kristy!

i personally wouldn't mind a little trust in you radio action... but maybe thats just me.

Camilamazed
12-03-2008, 12:28 PM

Jeez, nooooooo hahaha

All the songs from RFRG seem to be perfect for videos, Fix You is the only one that makes me wonder.

^^

Anka
12-03-2008, 12:41 PM
I hope Kristy would be played in our radios. I think it is song which you can listen to again and again so it won`t bother people and maybe it will attract some of them to listen to whole RAFRAG. If they just release Stuff is messed up as radio single it won`t be played anyway in our major radios.

holland25
12-03-2008, 12:44 PM
Kristy is one of the best Offspring songs ever in my opinion. I don't know why but I like songs like Denial, Revisited or Spare Me the Details...

Anka
12-03-2008, 12:55 PM
Kristy is one of the best Offspring songs ever in my opinion. I don't know why but I like songs like Denial, Revisited or Spare Me the Details...

same here, and also Fix you or from older Vultures. I want Kristy in radios, just to show other people what is real music...

Tomasisko
12-03-2008, 01:01 PM
same here, and also Fix you or from older Vultures. I want Kristy in radios, just to show other people what is real music...
maybe you show people what is real music but you don't show them real Offspring

hangovered
12-03-2008, 01:04 PM
maybe you show people what is real music but you don't show them real Offspring

that's true,some ppl just won't belive that's Off,becouse they know them as punk band(as I said once,I don't find Kristy punk song)...But maby they'll check another Off songs?

Anka
12-03-2008, 01:13 PM
that's true,some ppl just won't belive that's Off,becouse they know them as punk band(as I said once,I don't find Kristy punk song)...But maby they'll check another Off songs?

that`s exactly my point. it is not punk so it would be played-maybe, and if someone would like it, he/she then might check more songs and albums and "fall in love" with Offspring.

Rutegard
12-03-2008, 01:17 PM
i do not love you kristy, but i wish you all the best!

dr.vanessa
12-03-2008, 01:23 PM

poor Kristy..i love u ......but only a bit,anyway good luck hunny:p

Budzy
12-04-2008, 12:25 AM
hahaha

Kristy, your just not right for me, your really great but it's me not you.

mrs_hollandova
12-04-2008, 12:38 AM
hahaha

Kristy, your just not right for me, your really great but it's me not you.

hehehehehe hehehehehe hehehehehehe :D

Rutegard
12-04-2008, 03:01 AM
i'm glad to see we are all having fun here :)

bighead384
12-04-2008, 11:00 AM
I wonder where Kristy charted this week. I don't have a subscription to Billboard.com, but usually someone updates the wikipedia page and I can find out there.

sbazzone
12-04-2008, 11:21 AM
I wonder where Kristy charted this week. I don't have a subscription to Billboard.com, but usually someone updates the wikipedia page and I can find out there.

a subscription is not needed.
kristy is not on chart right now http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/esearch/searchResult.jsp?keyword=Kristy%2C+Are+You+Doing+O kay%3F&x=0&y=0&exposeNavigation=true&applicationName=bbcom&matchType=mode%2Bmatchallpartial&rangePropertyName=FORMATTED_DATE&rangeFilterType=BTWN

I don't know if with a subscription something change.

bouncingcoles
12-04-2008, 03:22 PM
i really doubt kristy will do well at all. its not very catchy and its cheesy as hell.

nightvision
12-04-2008, 11:43 PM

I "lol'd", as they say. Literally speaking :).

Rutegard
12-05-2008, 01:55 AM
i really doubt kristy will do well at all. its not very catchy and its cheesy as hell.

cheesy and soft if i may correct you

RonWelty
12-05-2008, 03:41 AM
Kristy will do for Offspring, same that Boulevard of broken dreams did for Green Day in Europe. These type of songs are what European main radios like.

maplejet
12-05-2008, 06:47 AM
I have a bad feeling it will get overplayed on adult contemporary stations...normally either adult contemporary or top 40 stations can overplay songs and lead to albums going platinum. But at the same time, it can make the band simply known for that song rather than the album.

bighead384
12-05-2008, 10:06 AM
Hammerhead and YGGFK are two of the punkest songs The Offspring has released as singles in a while, and they were both hugely successful. Kristy is like the complete opposite, though. I wonder how kids today who don't know much about The Offspring perceive them. Do younger kids who are into punk feel like Offspring is a legitimate punk rock band worth checking out(at least their earlier stuff)?

Camilamazed
12-05-2008, 11:01 AM
Just heard Kristy on 97.7. How sweet!

^^

Smash_Returns
12-05-2008, 11:18 AM
Ha, YGGFK just held #1 for it's 11th week.

Back-To-Back Chart Topper for the Offspring? Do it.

Stylie
12-05-2008, 06:10 PM
Ha, YGGFK just held #1 for it's 11th week.

Back-To-Back Chart Topper for the Offspring? Do it.

YES! Still number #1! That's AMAZING. I'm so glad the song is doing so well, let's hope it stays even more weeks.

Smash_Returns
12-05-2008, 06:16 PM
Also, If Kristy appeals to older fans, that's a good thing, because the older people buy the albums. Younger people hear a good song and just download/pirate the individual song.

Llamas
12-05-2008, 06:43 PM
When Pretty Fly and WDYGAJ came out, those didn't seem like Offspring songs, either. I don't think Kristy is any more 'out there' than those two songs were when they were released. There's nothing wrong with releasing something that sounds different. Actually, Kristy isn't that much terribly different from the likes of Spare Me the Details.

Anyway, I think it'd be great if Kristy had an effect similar to Boulevard did for Green Day, not to make the comparisons... but Boulevard was their first truly ballady song to get released (good riddance was kinda, but not quite), and it did so well.

HeadAroundU
12-05-2008, 06:54 PM
Let me guess, do you want Trust In You as a single? :D

Fix You is cheesy at some places. Kristy has Why Don't You Get a Job quality.

I hope it will do even better than Kid and we will get the video as a Christmas gift.

Llamas
12-05-2008, 07:04 PM
I think if they released Fix You, people would scream "Green Day rip off!" like crazy. Bad idea.

jacknife737
12-05-2008, 07:42 PM
When Pretty Fly and WDYGAJ came out, those didn't seem like Offspring songs, either. I don't think Kristy is any more 'out there' than those two songs were when they were released. There's nothing wrong with releasing something that sounds different. Actually, Kristy isn't that much terribly different from the likes of Spare Me the Details.

Anyway, I think it'd be great if Kristy had an effect similar to Boulevard did for Green Day, not to make the comparisons... but Boulevard was their first truly ballady song to get released (good riddance was kinda, but not quite), and it did so well.

I agree with everything here. When i first listened to RAFRAG, Spare Me The Details immediately came to mind when i heard Kristy. I'm pretty confident that it will blow up; it just screams "single".

the Mota Boy
12-05-2008, 07:47 PM
I don't know much. I don't know too much. But I know this; *BLip* is *BLiiiiiiiip*ed up!

Awesome lyrics right there.

Camilamazed
12-05-2008, 08:07 PM

My thoughts exactly.

Budzy
12-05-2008, 09:19 PM
I think if they released Fix You, people would scream "Green Day rip off!" like crazy. Bad idea.

They won't release Fix You.

And WDYGAJ and Spare me the details are catchy, funny in a way, and gives every one an excuse to yell out about how much they hate their girlfriends and boyfriends.
Kristy isn't a fun song in my opinion, and the meaning behind it is child abuse?
It cant see groups of people singing the chorus having fun when it comes on the radio.
i dont think it will be recieved anywhere near as well as the other two songs.
I hope for the band's sake that is takes off and gets really far, buti doubt it will happen.

Kennytar
12-06-2008, 04:37 AM
It's really serious song, Thats right. But serious songs make good hits too. And Kristy is catchy in a way. And its very memorable - easy lyrics.

Stylie
12-06-2008, 07:38 AM
I think Kristy got a kinda christmas-vibe. ...uhm, I kinda forgot the words right now. well, the end.

Budzy
12-06-2008, 09:37 PM
I'm pretty confident that it will blow up; it just screams "single".

Well tell the bitch to shut up, we don't Kristy as a single :D
I wonder how it will go live. I haven't checked out any of the live performances yet.

IamSam
12-06-2008, 11:10 PM
Kristy isn't a fun song in my opinion, and the meaning behind it is child abuse?
It cant see groups of people singing the chorus having fun when it comes on the radio.
i dont think it will be recieved anywhere near as well as the other two songs.
I hope for the band's sake that is takes off and gets really far, buti doubt it will happen.

No one besides us hardcore fans know what it is actually about. Some insightful people will figure it out, but I'll bet that the lyrics that everyone will remember will be:

Don't waste your whole life trying
To get back what was taken away

fran.182
12-07-2008, 07:18 AM
http://www.allaccess.com/

^According to this site, it's #46 in radio play right now. So we can probably expect it to crack the top 50 when the Billboard Charts are updated tomorrow (Thursday). Unfortunately, it looks like YGGFK will be dethroned this week after 10 weeks at number 1. But that's okay, Kristy can replace it;).

BB Modern Rock lists the top 40 songs, not the top 50;)
You don't need to wait till thursday or even later to see the modern rock chart...The chart is updated every week, on Wednesdays, at:

http://www.radioandrecords.com/Formats/Charts/Alt_Chart.asp on

As of today on mediabase alternative:

50 38 OFFSPRING Kristy, Are You Doing Okay? 307 170 137 1.708

It may debut on the Modern Rock chart this week...
Anyway I don't expect it to go #1...It's a ballad, so while it has more potential to CHR and Hot AC radio, top 10 on alternative radio would be an amazing result, especially since it's a third single...

bouncingcoles
12-07-2008, 07:35 AM
Let me guess, do you want Trust In You as a single? :D

Fix You is cheesy at some places. Kristy has Why Don't You Get a Job quality.

I hope it will do even better than Kid and we will get the video as a Christmas gift.

no but i think "a lot like me" is a far better song and people will take it a lot more seriously.

cool 2 hate 681
12-07-2008, 01:37 PM
as soon as i got in my car and turned on the radio kristy are you doing okay was playing:eek:

did anyone else hear it yet?

_Lost_
12-07-2008, 03:13 PM
so today i was at target and my sister and i were looking for the greatest hits cd for my mom for christmas (she keeps stealing my copy and i want her to stop because i have the dual disc and its getting scratched). we were there and there wasn't anything under the offspring. then we went around the corner, and they had moved rafrag to the "bestsellers" section! yipee!

*i know this isn't really about kristy... but it sort of is.

randman21
12-07-2008, 03:16 PM
*i know this isn't really about kristy... but it sort of is.
Yes, in the sort of way that a square is also a rectangle, but a rectangle is not a square. Heh, that actually is pretty cool, though.

_Lost_
12-07-2008, 03:28 PM
:p that was a good way to put it i suppose. i thought it was a nifty tidbit of information.

Omni
12-07-2008, 03:37 PM
Keep an eye on the Mainstream Rocks chart. Kristy is a softer song and it'll chart better on there, in my opinion. Like Gone Away did.

bighead384
12-07-2008, 05:36 PM
Does anyone agree that the back up vocals in the second and third choruses are too loud and obnoxious, especially for a song with the kind of subject matter that Kristy has? For some reason I've always really felt that they are. It's just corny.

Rutegard
12-08-2008, 02:48 AM
Does anyone agree that the back up vocals in the second and third choruses are too loud and obnoxious, especially for a song with the kind of subject matter that Kristy has? For some reason I've always really felt that they are. It's just corny.

backvocals or scream? cause yeah...they soundmore like screams to me

Jesus
12-08-2008, 10:55 AM
Hammerhead and YGGFK are two of the punkest songs The Offspring has released as singles in a while, and they were both hugely successful.

They were? They didn't go anywhere outside the US. And even in the US they did sort of okay instead of hugely successful. Shame though, cause those songs are awesome. I'm not that much of a fan of using the Hot Modern Rock charts as an indication of success since it's only based upon 8 or 10 radio stations. Which can be influenced by playing the right radio festivals, in return of them playing your songs.

Aion
12-08-2008, 11:21 AM
let's hope the same success that YGGFK had
up up and away!=P

findout5
12-08-2008, 12:49 PM
For the record, those songs didn't do that well in the US as well! Sure, the chart thingy is one way of looking at it...album sales are another, and as you know, they are not doing well!

Let's hope for a great video, airplay...and hopefully people liking Kristy!

Thomas
12-08-2008, 12:52 PM
I was very pleasantly surprised when i was driving the other day and the radio station played a short clip of Kristy as a promo. That is very good news.

EDIT: Also:

http://www.kfma.com/playlist.php

jacknife737
12-08-2008, 12:58 PM
They were? They didn't go anywhere outside the US.

Canada too.

I was very pleasantly surprised when i was driving the other day and the radio station played a short clip of Kristy as a promo. That is very good news.

EDIT: Also:

http://www.kfma.com/playlist.php

That's cool, even more interesting (to me) is that they're playing a track from Tom Gabel's solo EP.

Jesus
12-08-2008, 01:01 PM
Canada too.
Now don't start throwing facts against my sound argument! Pff Canada doesn't matter anyway. US junior.

brothadave79
12-08-2008, 01:24 PM
Now don't start throwing facts against my sound argument! Pff Canada doesn't matter anyway. US junior.

Awww you say that like its a bad thing. I find them to be more like the younger child in the family that the parents took better care of. More fragile than his big brother, maybe, but with a lot better manners.

bighead384
12-10-2008, 07:41 PM
http://www.radioandrecords.com/Formats/Charts/Alt_Chart.asp

So if this site is official (I don't know much about it), then YGGFK is out of number 1, but Kristy debuted at number 34.

randman21
12-10-2008, 07:57 PM
Take another gander at it. If I'm not mistaken, this is just the most increased plays. Sex on Fire has 210 more plays than last week, and YGGF,K 109 less. But on the right side, Kid has 9,697,000 total plays and Sex on Fire 9,495,000. Plus the "rank" column on the far right side.

EDIT: And by the looks of it, Kristy is actually at number 27 in total airplay. Yippee!

EDIT 2: Oh shit. Never mind. You're right.

T_immortal
12-10-2008, 10:10 PM
Kristy had indeed made its debut on the charts, at #34, so that's good news :). The bad news however, is that YGGF,K has finally been dethroned from it's #1 spot by Sex on Fire. 11 weeks is nothing to sneeze at though, and that reign makes our beloved track the joint number one longest running #1 song of 2008! (For the record, the other track is Pork and Beans).

randman21
12-11-2008, 02:00 AM
Yeah, I don't mind that it lost the number one spot, though I hate ties.

Rutegard
12-11-2008, 03:20 AM
oh man :( our kid is loosing, NOW kristy, go get them girl!!!
make your mommy happy

sbazzone
12-11-2008, 03:22 AM
all the songs that reached the modern rock tracks are single?
so kristy is officially third single?

bighead384
12-11-2008, 11:16 AM
You have to admit, there really isn't much competition right now, per say. Most of the songs in the top 20 are just kind of blah, and they don't seem to be going anywhere. Kings of Leon might be at number one for 4 or 5 weeks

Omni
12-11-2008, 09:05 PM
It could stay longer. But YGGF,K kept it from being #1 for a good month or so. It was sitting at #2 for awhile. The longer it stays near the top, the more people are bound to get tired of it, I'd assume. Plus, K,AYDO has a long way to climb. It's at #34, is it?

Smash_Returns
12-11-2008, 09:29 PM
Okay, It's almost absolutely certain that Kristy is third single.

1. It's getting a video
2. It's charted
3. They put it on their Myspace Music (Currently is: YGGF,K Hammerhead, TKAA, Self Esteem, K,AYDO?, and COAP)

YGGF,K didn't have that much going for it when it was released as a single. But it went far, kid.

I also think Half-Truism has the best chance of becoming the 4th single, simply because they played it live before RAFRAG was released.

IamSam
12-11-2008, 09:39 PM
I also think Half-Truism has the best chance of becoming the 4th single, simply because they played it live before RAFRAG was released.

I don't think so. I believe Nothingtown. It's poppy, largely agreeable to a big audience, and you could make a pretty cool music video to it.

T_immortal
12-11-2008, 09:55 PM
I would LOVE to see Half Truism as a single! It's a powerful song and a great indicator of the strengths of RAFRAG. It would probably go some ways to encouraging album sales. But for now let's see how Kristy fares, if the video ends up being decent this time around it could really take off, but with the recent record of the videos, I'm not holding my breath :( but I'd love nothing more than to be proven wrong on this one.

bighead384
12-11-2008, 11:36 PM
Stuff is Messed up has GOT to be the 4th single. That will catch EVERYONE'S attention. What other song on the album could you say that about?

And besides, why not? It's the fourth single, have some balls.

Omni
12-11-2008, 11:42 PM
Honestly, I wouldn't mine Nothingtown, Half-Truism, OR Stuff is Messed Up as the fourth single. At least there'd BE a fourth single, and all of those songs own face. Splinter was so poorly promoted it was sickening.

randman21
12-12-2008, 12:34 AM
I just still can't believe how badly I want Nothingtown for the next single. It was my clear least favorite song on the album. Stuff is Messed Up would make a great single because of what's going on in the world today; Half-Truism would make a good one because fast and heavy and catchy, but Nothingtown has the ingredients to make fans out of people who would be, but just haven't found them for whatever reason.

Llamas
12-12-2008, 03:44 AM
Huh, I think Nothingtown is my least favorite song on the album... either that or Rise and Fall. I'd like Half Truism as a single, but I don't think it would do very well. I approve of Kristy as a single, only because I can see it doing well.

I definitely think Stuff would be awful, cause most of it would be edited out. If they could manage to make a clean version of it that didn't suck, I'd be all for it, though. It's got a cool sound.

Rutegard
12-12-2008, 04:34 AM

yes, the band already said that.

Ninty Man
12-12-2008, 07:57 AM
Stuff is Messed up has GOT to be the 4th single. That will catch EVERYONE'S attention. What other song on the album could you say that about?

And besides, why not? It's the fourth single, have some balls.

I can't hear that...

But I know that BEEEP Is BEEEEP UP
LALALA...
BEEP is BEEEP Up..

At least they song:

I know that stuff's messed up...

Meh, it will suck

bighead384
12-12-2008, 09:50 AM
Huh, I think Nothingtown is my least favorite song on the album... either that or Rise and Fall.

Man...I don't get why people don't like Rise and Fall...

Rutegard
12-12-2008, 10:02 AM

me neither, it is actually one of my fav songs on this new cd...

bighead384
12-12-2008, 10:11 AM
It fuckin' gets you going. And I love the harmonies in the middle of the song..."They've come to see you rise and fall. They're only tearing down your walls".

Smash_Returns
12-12-2008, 12:09 PM
I can see Half-Truism as having a great video too.

SIMU would be edited so bad.

Personally, I just feel Half-Truism is stronger than Nothingtown.

MOTO13
12-12-2008, 02:26 PM

The album is great, but Rise and Fall is probably the worst and least original Offspring song I have ever heard, barre none. It is such an obvious friggin Greenday sound rip-off I thought it was actually a joke the first time I heard it. I am still amazed this song made it to the album. They should ban this abortion of a song from ever being played live.

jacknife737
12-12-2008, 02:28 PM
Whether or not we get a fourth single, is of course going to depend on how well Kristy does, but i can't see it doing poorly as a single. In fact, i think it may get the most amount of airplay, since i can see non-alt rock radio playing the track as well. Nothingtown, Stuff Is Messed Up, and Half-Truism would all be decent choices for the next single.

Nothingtown is insanely catchy.

Stuff Is Messed Up is different from the other singles, and it's pretty unique with regards to what's currently on the radio. Plus with the meromable chorus as well as that insanely fast-paced verse, it's bound to get noticed. My only concern would be how the large amount of swearing in the song would sound on the radio.

Half-Truism would also be a good choice, although i think the band would choose Stuff Is Messed Up, over this one.

bighead384
12-12-2008, 02:33 PM
The album is great, but Rise and Fall is probably the worst and least original Offspring song I have ever heard, barre none. It is such an obvious friggin Greenday sound rip-off I thought it was actually a joke the first time I heard it. I am still amazed this song made it to the album. They should ban this abortion of a song from ever being played live.

See, although I hear why people compare it to Greenday, there's other good parts in that song that sound nothing like Greenday. It's really just that one part. Who cares? American Idiot and Rise and Fall are both generic punk songs. It's not a big deal to me that they sound alike. I think the lyrics to Rise and Fall are really meaningful and I love the melodies.

bighead384
12-12-2008, 02:40 PM
Whether or not we get a fourth single, is of course going to depend on how well Kristy does, but i can't see it doing poorly as a single. In fact, i think it may get the most amount of airplay, since i can see non-alt rock radio playing the track as well. Nothingtown, Stuff Is Messed Up, and Half-Truism would all be decent choices for the next single.

Nothingtown is insanely catchy.

Half-Truism isn't going to catch ANYONE'S attention. Period. Although it's good, it's a run of the mill punk rock song from a punk rock band that's been around for 15+ years.

If it's not Nothingtown or SIMU I'm going to be pissed. Nothingtown is catchy, but I think it's main advantage is the fact that it would be really easy to make a cool video for it. But still, I don't think Nothingtown has anything that's going to reach out and grab the average music fan.

It's got to be SIMU. I'm telling you.

jacknife737
12-12-2008, 02:45 PM
Also, remember that the Offspring's management bought the domain names for http://shitisfuckedup.com/ and http://stuffismessedup.com/; so perhaps that's an indication that it could be a single?

But I agree Bighead; Stuff Is Messed Up is going to get the most attention.

Stylie
12-12-2008, 05:28 PM

...and Dexter said in a radio interview that Kristy probably would be the next single (3rd).

iPunk247
12-12-2008, 07:48 PM
:D:Dgo kristy go!!! Party like its ya birthday!!! Yeaya third sexy single:D:D

Llamas
12-13-2008, 10:52 AM

Half-Truism isn't going to catch ANYONE'S attention. Period. Although it's good, it's a run of the mill punk rock song from a punk rock band that's been around for 15+ years.

If it's not Nothingtown or SIMU I'm going to be pissed. Nothingtown is catchy, but I think it's main advantage is the fact that it would be really easy to make a cool video for it. But still, I don't think Nothingtown has anything that's going to reach out and grab the average music fan.

It's got to be SIMU. I'm telling you.

See, this surprises me. Rise and Fall and Nothingtown are both just as generic, run of the mill as Half Truism... except Half Truism, in my opinion, has more stuff that stands out (the bridge, the slowed intense choruses...) To me, Rise and Fall and Nothingtown just blend in... I usually forget about those songs. Oh, and it has nothing to do with the Green Day sound.

Mike44NJDevils
12-13-2008, 05:38 PM
no but i think "a lot like me" is a far better song and people will take it a lot more seriously.

"A Lot Like Me" is a great song, but it won't become the 4th single. Expand your mind for a second: have Chester Bennington sing it...

Not saying the Offspring are trying to "expand thier sound" but I lovingly call A Lot Like Me the "Linkin Park" track. Regardless, it's up in my top 3 with Dirty Magic and Amazed.

Stuff is Messed Up or Nothingtown would make pretty good 4th singles.

Omni
12-14-2008, 06:27 PM
Does anyone know it's chart position, now? I suspect it'll climb pretty slowly.

Smash_Returns
12-15-2008, 06:48 AM
Billboard hasn't updated yet.

bighead384
12-17-2008, 09:50 AM

Check it.

Rutegard
12-17-2008, 10:06 AM
wow nr 26 :) good good

Omni
12-17-2008, 06:33 PM
I see the Scott Weiland song "Missing Cleveland" is #28. Sucks because that song probably won't climb any higher. It's a good song, you guys should give it a listen.

sbazzone
12-19-2008, 04:14 AM
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/retrieve_chart_history.do?model.vnuArtistId=23138&model.vnuAlbumId=1143767
is officially a single

it reached #26 on modern http://www.radioandrecords.com/Formats/Charts/Alt_Chart.asp

Rutegard
12-19-2008, 04:17 AM
is officially a single

of course, the band already said that at least 2 times....

sbazzone
12-19-2008, 04:18 AM
of course, the band already said that at least 2 times....

where?

Rutegard
12-19-2008, 04:48 AM
where?

interviews...the most recent ones...try the interviews thread

sbazzone
12-19-2008, 04:50 AM
interviews...the most recent ones...try the interviews thread

I already saw that interview but I didn't get that was nominated as single, thanks anyway.

randman21
12-19-2008, 04:51 AM
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/retrieve_chart_history.do?model.vnuArtistId=23138&model.vnuAlbumId=1143767
is officially a single

it reached #26 on modern http://www.radioandrecords.com/Formats/Charts/Alt_Chart.asp

Pretty damn decent. Time for another Fuse voting campaign, perhaps?

Rutegard
12-19-2008, 04:59 AM
I already saw that interview but I didn't get that was nominated as single, thanks anyway.

huumm...i dunno what happened but sorry not being able to help u out here

indeed, where's the link ;)

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
12-20-2008, 04:10 PM
I heard Kristy on the radio this morning. My radio station only plays singles.

bighead384
12-20-2008, 06:55 PM

Yeah. Why not?

Bipolar Bear
12-20-2008, 09:32 PM
I'm starting to like that song [a bit late I know haha]
but fix you is still horrible!

Ninty Man
12-20-2008, 10:23 PM

You have never been in love?

Iwishitallaway
12-20-2008, 10:58 PM

Seriously! I guess it doesn't affect those who haven't lived through it yet!

It's kinda like Self-Esteem!

RonWelty
12-21-2008, 02:59 AM
I think that Kristy is their most beautiful song. Not one of their best, but the most beautiful song. I don't know if you get what I mean.

Ninty Man
12-21-2008, 05:09 PM
Seriously! I guess it doesn't affect those who haven't lived through it yet!

It's kinda like Self-Esteem!

Eh... WHAT?

Iwishitallaway
12-21-2008, 05:56 PM
Eh... WHAT?

If you haven't been through it, you don't always get it...

mrs_hollandova
12-22-2008, 12:54 AM

thats why you must sing the new better version "feed you" :D

adombomb222
12-22-2008, 12:47 PM
I heard it on the radio this morning... It woke me up.

bouncingcoles
12-22-2008, 02:40 PM

the song is so incredibly cheesy that its stupid.....enough said

Budzy
12-22-2008, 04:11 PM

Pretty sure you wouldn't tell your partner that you'd like to fix them, and mend where they are broken.

Ninty Man
12-22-2008, 05:32 PM
Pretty sure you wouldn't tell your partner that you'd like to fix them, and mend where they are broken.

Well... that's why I don't have a girlfriend since I was 15 XD

Budzy
12-22-2008, 05:51 PM
Well... that's why I don't have a girlfriend since I was 15 XD

Haha, well maybe try some other more romantic lyrics, like Bad Habit. :D

Bipolar Bear
12-23-2008, 12:39 PM
Love is for girls and gays!!!

Ninty Man
12-23-2008, 02:02 PM
Haha, well maybe try some other more romantic lyrics, like Bad Habit. :D

MMM... or maybe Session XD

Rutegard
12-24-2008, 08:24 AM
Love is for girls and gays!!!

but only for girls named kristy,

OH and horses too

bighead384
12-24-2008, 10:16 AM
Alright, it's at number 22 now. It slowed down a bit, but it still moved up four spots and 100 plays. We should make some kind of voting campaign thread.

randman21
12-24-2008, 02:33 PM
^Duly noted.

cool 2 hate 681
12-24-2008, 04:38 PM
did the album fall off the billboard 200?

randman21
12-24-2008, 11:38 PM
Yeah, I think it fell off before YGGF,K fell from no 1.

Omni
12-26-2008, 04:18 AM
Eh, that sucks. #22? It has to at least crack the top ten. Maybe it'll pick up the pace a little when the video is released.

mrs_hollandova
12-26-2008, 04:20 AM
Eh, that sucks. #22? It has to at least crack the top ten. Maybe it'll pick up the pace a little when the video is released.

its too early... theres no video and nothing (and the song is gay)

Omni
12-26-2008, 05:13 AM
Honestly, I think we should probably pay more attention to the Mainstream Rock charts for this one. Its a softer song, like Gone Away (which riched #1 on the Mainstream charts)

bighead384
12-26-2008, 08:17 AM
Honestly, I think we should probably pay more attention to the Mainstream Rock charts for this one. Its a softer song, like Gone Away (which riched #1 on the Mainstream charts)

It's at number 47 in Mainstream Rock airplay according to http://www.allaccess.com/ .

bighead384
12-26-2008, 08:20 AM

It's too early to tell. It's only been on the chart for three weeks. Although next week will be a pretty good indication of how much it's catching on or not. Hopefully it jumps up at least 4 or 5 spots.

Rutegard
12-26-2008, 10:27 AM

hum now you talk about that...seriously, i completely forgot bout that video!!
YES, leps hope for the video!....

poor kristy...

cool 2 hate 681
12-26-2008, 12:50 PM
i think they should get dave meyers to direct the next music video after kristy (even if it's on the next album) he did a good job on defy you and original prankster

T_immortal
12-27-2008, 08:25 AM
I think another overlooked fact is that RAFRAG has re-entered the billboard 200 at #186 :D so that's good news

randman21
12-27-2008, 08:34 AM
Whatwhatwhat?! I'm beyond elated.:D:D:D

Rutegard
12-27-2008, 08:39 AM
I think another overlooked fact is that RAFRAG has re-entered the billboard 200 at #186 :D so that's good news

wow how great! maybe cause of the new video coming out?

bighead384
12-31-2008, 10:30 AM

It moved up 3 spots to number 19. Increased 78 plays.

If it doesn't at least crack the top 10, that might kill RAFRAG's momentum along with the chances for a 4th single.

randman21
12-31-2008, 03:15 PM
I agree, but still...the video's not out yet.

Rutegard
01-01-2009, 11:20 AM
maybe the video will come out before february?

Omni
01-01-2009, 07:24 PM
Singles faring better:

Smash it Up: #16
All I Want: #13
She's Got Issues: #11
Want You Bad: #10
Can't Repeat: #9
Defy You: #8
Gotta Get Away: #6
The Kids Aren't Alright: #6
HEad Around You: #6
Self-Esteem: #4
Why Don't You Get a Job?: #4
Pretty Fly: #3
Original Prankster: #2
Hammerhead: #2
(Then the #1 singles…)

Surely it can beat Smash it Up, right?

mrs_hollandova
01-02-2009, 12:27 AM
Singles faring better:

Smash it Up: #16

Surely it can beat Smash it Up, right?

Sure... with a shitty videos like the last two... Absolutely.

FunkFromRussia
01-02-2009, 02:58 AM
In pool on RoksRadio #2

http://roks.ru/index.php?chapter=hittop&action=vote

love it)

Omni
01-02-2009, 05:23 AM
Sure... with a shitty videos like the last two... Absolutely.

"Smash it Up" was a cover recorded for a weak Batman movie, and it didn't have a video at all. I'm sure Kristy is Top 10 material.

mrs_hollandova
01-02-2009, 09:47 AM
"Smash it Up" was a cover recorded for a weak Batman movie, and it didn't have a video at all. I'm sure Kristy is Top 10 material.

I mean the last two videos - Hammerhead and YGGFK

Omni
01-02-2009, 01:03 PM
I know what you meant. I'm saying Smash it Up didn't have a video, and it was a cover song, and it still made it to #16. I personally think kristy is a much better song.

KrispyNotKrunchy
01-02-2009, 03:17 PM
I got all excited about the Hammerhead music video until I realized the band wasn't in it and it was animated. Then I figured the band would read all the fans' input about their appearance in the next video, but YGGFK let me down too. Even though there are pictures of Dexter on the set of the Kristy video shooting, I'm not getting that hopeful.

findout5
01-02-2009, 04:38 PM
Sometimes I wonder if anyone from the band or their management even reads the forums...

IamSam
01-02-2009, 07:38 PM
They use to. I do know that we made a thread at one point in time requesting some things for the new album and they somewhat followed a few suggestions. I know one of them was certain time signatures for songs, but I honestly can't tell you which songs.

Little_Miss_1565
01-02-2009, 07:39 PM
Sometimes I wonder if anyone from the band or their management even reads the forums...

They do from time to time, but the band makes their own decisions. I mean, they wouldn't be who they are if they stopped to ask for a vote on everything they do, right?

randman21
01-02-2009, 10:21 PM
They use to. I do know that we made a thread at one point in time requesting some things for the new album and they somewhat followed a few suggestions. I know one of them was certain time signatures for songs, but I honestly can't tell you which songs.
Yep! That was my suggestion! I asked for 3/4, although Thomas and ilovellamas came and said what I actually meant, 12/8 and 6/8. Anyway, the songs they used those time sigs were "Nothingtown" and "Stuff is Messed Up". Hehe, I nearly forgot about that. I might go bump the proudest BBS Moments thread.:p

They do from time to time, but the band makes their own decisions. I mean, they wouldn't be who they are if they stopped to ask for a vote on everything they do, right?
QFT. They obviously didn't want to be in the videos, or else, they would have been. Why is that so hard for peeps to accept?

mrs_hollandova
01-03-2009, 12:14 AM
I think the more we are talking about a new video, the worse it is :D So shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! ;)

Skinny
01-03-2009, 12:17 AM
yay for kristy!

i personally wouldn't mind a little trust in you radio action... but maybe thats just me.

I agree, it's up there as one of my favourite songs on the album.

MAXTER
01-05-2009, 12:34 PM
Kristy Are You Doing OK? is 19^ :rolleyes:

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/charts/chart_display.jsp?f=Hot+Modern+Rock+Tracks&pageNumber=Top+11-20&g=Singles

Rutegard
01-05-2009, 12:39 PM
Kristy Are You Doing OK? is 19^ :rolleyes:

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/charts/chart_display.jsp?f=Hot+Modern+Rock+Tracks&pageNumber=Top+11-20&g=Singles

MAXTER, im starting to love you :p

always great news!! thanks dude!
i like the fact that you keep us all up to date!

MAXTER
01-05-2009, 12:58 PM

:rolleyes:

I Love You Too;)

Second me it's ufficially that "Kristy" is the Third Single Of RafRag!

findout5
01-05-2009, 03:15 PM
She's cheating on me! LOL

Also, to Little...etc.:
It would be nice for them to read stuff and take it under consideration, like being in a fucking video again! Since they do seem to make albums for the fans since Ixnay, they might as well give the fans what they want out of music videos, right?

Omni
01-05-2009, 08:18 PM

i like the fact that you keep us all up to date!

We already knew it was #19. That's it's postion for this week. We're waiting for an update. It has to beat #16, then it'll beat Smash it Up. Then #13 for All I Want.

Or did it not move from last weeks' position at #19? That's bad if it didn't.

Rutegard
01-06-2009, 03:14 AM
We already knew it was #19. That's it's postion for this week. We're waiting for an update. It has to beat #16, then it'll beat Smash it Up. Then #13 for All I Want.

Or did it not move from last weeks' position at #19? That's bad if it didn't.

yeah i guess it did...

Ninty Man
01-06-2009, 07:46 AM
WOW, you're gonna far kid is in number 5

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/charts/chart_display.jsp?JSESSIONID=TG4rJj8JhNYM9mMDvRsTy xfhJrj1vq5w9pj5wylS9gPt3LnsXr3c!-1881524587&f=Hot+Modern+Rock+Tracks&pageNumber=Top+1-10&g=Singles

cool 2 hate 681
01-07-2009, 03:23 PM
i wonder when the music video for kristy will debut ?

bighead384
01-07-2009, 03:26 PM
Hopefully soon, because Kristy moved up one measly spot and increased only 5 plays (http://www.radioandrecords.com/Formats/Charts/Alt_Chart.asp). It's pretty safe to say that this song isn't going to be a chart topper. Hopefully Kristy can at least break the top ten, for the sake of album sales and the momentum of the album.

Aside from that, I think Sex On Fire will probably stay on top for another 5 weeks. It has no competition.

Ninty Man
01-07-2009, 04:26 PM
Hopefully soon, because Kristy moved up one measly spot and increased only 5 plays (http://www.radioandrecords.com/Formats/Charts/Alt_Chart.asp). It's pretty safe to say that this song isn't going to be a chart topper. Hopefully Kristy can at least break the top ten, for the sake of album sales and the momentum of the album.

Aside from that, I think Sex On Fire will probably stay on top for another 5 weeks. It has no competition.

Well, at least is better that the lame new song of killers (wow, that guys had potential)

rise_and_fall
01-09-2009, 01:07 AM
Apparently you could watch the Kristy are you doing ok video here - http://musicremedy.com/t/The_Offspring/videos/Kristy_Are_You_Doing_Okay-25861.html - but it appears its been removed from youtube.

Lord_Gabo
01-09-2009, 01:44 AM
This morning at 7.30 Virgin Radio ITALIA had played Kristy.
Good Point. I'm hoping that other radio play this song... in italy only one radio play new offspring song

RonWelty
01-09-2009, 03:41 AM
IF they release " a lot like me" they will have another top 5 hit. if they release Takes me Nowhere it will be the most played song at KROQ in 2009. No doubts.

Rutegard
01-09-2009, 05:47 AM
Apparently you could watch the Kristy are you doing ok video here but it appears its been removed from youtube.

and was that THE official video? are you sure? :|

This morning at 7.30 Virgin Radio ITALIA had played Kristy.
in italy only one radio play new offspring song

well you are lucky! i have never heard any new song in portuguese radio stations....(so far...)

IF they release " a lot like me" they will have another top 5 hit. if they release Takes me Nowhere it will be the most played song at KROQ in 2009. No doubts.

i got my serious doubts about "a lot like me", i'm not sure if it is THAT comercial type....but yeah TAKES ME NOWHERE means PUNKPOWER, but unfortunately it would only reach some very specific group of people...

Ninty Man
01-09-2009, 07:38 AM

Bah, A lot like me wouldn't work, because... well is not a pretty good song, and they will never play it live

RonWelty
01-09-2009, 09:05 AM
Bah, A lot like me wouldn't work, because... well is not a pretty good song, and they will never play it live

I don't think you're right.

Thomas
01-09-2009, 09:09 AM
Aw, A lot like Me is my favorite track on the album... :(

btw, these charts are totally making up for the fact that the album isn't selling well. Just wait until they tour...

randman21
01-09-2009, 09:18 AM
I don't think you're right.
Well, he's right that they wouldn't play it live, because there are too many overlapping lead vocals. He's wrong about everything else, though.:D

Aw, A lot like Me is my favorite track on the album... :(

btw, these charts are totally making up for the fact that the album isn't selling well. Just wait until they tour...
It was mine, too. Now after Hammerhead. Heh, I'm starting to appreciate it all over again now that I've got my mp3 player.

And absolutely same here. I knew the album wouldn't sell incredibly well, but hits like these were completely unexpected. Overall, I think I always wanted the charts over the sales.

RonWelty
01-09-2009, 10:30 AM
A lot like me has everything to be a radio hit. Even in europe.

It's catchy. In a darker way.
It's a pretty song.
It's a good theme, good dexter voice, good sound.
It's winter-> darker songs.
A videoclip with the band playing the song, out on rain, and some acting shitt would be a fuckin big hit. A darker video too.

P.S. -> I CANT WAIT TO SEE KRISTY's VIDEO.

Rutegard
01-09-2009, 12:41 PM
It's winter-> darker songs.

i never thought about this before :| WOW

Smash_Returns
01-09-2009, 12:45 PM
Yeah, a majority of album sales come from touring, because everyone that goes to the tour generally buys the album.

They need to friggin tour the US already. But they currently are building up potential ticket sales, because of the singles being rather successful.

randman21
01-09-2009, 04:28 PM
Kristy is number 18 this week, by the way.

Ninty Man
01-09-2009, 04:37 PM
Kristy is number 18 this week, by the way.

MMM That's good, right?=

Well, he's right that they wouldn't play it live, because there are too many overlapping lead vocals. He's wrong about everything else, though

The Offspring is a good band... bite me

randman21
01-09-2009, 04:57 PM
MMM That's good, right?=

Hell, it's spectacular as far as I see it. Still going up, despite having no video.:)

The Offspring is a good band... bite me
HAHAHA, what? YOU said it's not a good song, and they wouldn't play it live. I said it's a great song, but they wouldn't play it live. But, yes, I will bite you if that's what you want.

Ninty Man
01-09-2009, 05:23 PM
Hell, it's spectacular as far as I see it. Still going up, despite having no video.:)

HAHAHA, what? YOU said it's not a good song, and they wouldn't play it live. I said it's a great song, but they wouldn't play it live. But, yes, I will bite you if that's what you want.

Ok, bite me you sexy animal XD

Well, I really like Kristy, but... well, I want to see a gold record for this album in US, they deserve it, and I think that a Lot like me wouldn't help

IamSam
01-09-2009, 05:23 PM
Good for Kristy! Glad it's doing ok.

Ninty Man
01-09-2009, 05:43 PM
good for kristy! Glad it's doing ok.

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

iPunk247
01-11-2009, 12:25 AM
Congrats, Kristy! :) Is there a Kristy music video still on the works or what? :D

randman21
01-11-2009, 04:01 AM
The video has been done for a while, I think. We're just waiting for it to come out.

Tomasisko
01-11-2009, 04:12 AM
I hope the video woun't be very sweet :D

Rutegard
01-11-2009, 10:31 AM
The video has been done for a while, I think. We're just waiting for it to come out.

then if it is already done, why do they keep us waiting?

bighead384
01-11-2009, 11:23 AM
I thought it was dead, but it's starting to climb up again. It's up a whopping 79 plays from last week on the alternative chart. And it's up 26 plays to number 41 on the mainstream rock chart. http://www.allaccess.com/

Now's the time to get that damn video out.

Thomas
01-11-2009, 03:18 PM
I bet it'll explode when the video comes out. Ive been hearing it very frequently on the radio already.

Omni
01-11-2009, 10:48 PM
Yeah, I think we just got spoiled with the success of the other singles. Hammerhead debuted at #5, and YGGF,K spent 11 weeks at #1. This single has only been charting for like a month, after all.

randman21
01-12-2009, 01:11 AM
I'm actually happy with its current position. I don't think I expected it to get this far.

Omni
01-12-2009, 03:19 AM
Truthfully, I expected it to have done better at this point. I can understand why Offspring fans don't like it, it's got that whole "Denial, Revisited" pop sound going on. And a lot of the "real" fans get kind of irritated when a song like this goes viral, and then the band is associated with that sort of music as though it's all they've ever done. But the radio fans go positively ga-ga for that sappy shit. I mean, look at "Boulevard of Broken Dreams." It spent 16 weeks at #1, so I expected Kristy to be a lot higher than it is. And the mainstream taste hasn't really changed all that much since 2004.

Rutegard
01-12-2009, 03:23 AM
Truthfully, I expected it to have done better at this point. I can understand why Offspring fans don't like it, it's got that whole "Denial, Revisited" pop sound going on. And a lot of the "real" fans get kind of irritated when a song like this goes viral, and then the band is associated with that sort of music as though it's all they've ever done. But the radio fans go positively ga-ga for that sappy shit. I mean, look at "Boulevard of Broken Dreams." It spent 16 weeks at #1, so I expected Kristy to be a lot higher than it is. And the mainstream taste hasn't really changed all that much since 2004.

yeah it is true, but i don't really care if others associate offspring with that type of songs, as long as they buy the new CD lol, no seriously, i really don't care, because i know that we "real fans" know the real shit going on here! so it's cool :] we know its real value!
i think it's a nice song to sing along! and it makes us all wonder, is she REALLY doing okay? probably not!
and if they release some type of EMO video, that will be just perfect for the song (but don't make it TOO emo plz....)

bighead384
01-14-2009, 11:13 AM
It's up 82 plays and two spots to number 16.

Alright, it's doing okay. Now they just have to finally release that video, and it'll probably (at least) crack the top 10 and keep the momentum going so we get a fourth single. Hopefully.

Ninty Man
01-14-2009, 09:16 PM
It's up 82 plays and two spots to number 16.

Alright, it's doing okay. Now they just have to finally release that video, and it'll probably (at least) crack the top 10 and keep the momentum going so we get a fourth single. Hopefully.

I think they don't give a damn

bouncingcoles
01-14-2009, 09:54 PM
i dont care what anyone says kristy is way too cheesy and has lame lyrics. dont get me wrong i think it was cool dexter tackled such a serious subject but it was done poorly in the vein of boulevard of broken dreams.

Budzy
01-14-2009, 10:09 PM
i dont care what anyone says kristy is way too cheesy and has lame lyrics. dont get me wrong i think it was cool dexter tackled such a serious subject but it was done poorly in the vein of boulevard of broken dreams.

quoted for truth.

I amazed its doing as well as it is. Denial, Revisited is an awesome song, I love it, Kristy has nothing on it.

randman21
01-15-2009, 03:08 AM
Okay, but holy crap. How many ways/times can you possibly say this? If people like it, they like it.

Rutegard
01-15-2009, 04:16 AM
Okay, but holy crap. How many ways/times can you possibly say this? If people like it, they like it.

que sera, sera

let the normal population with no special musical taste embrace this song, and breath it! let them!

Omni
01-15-2009, 09:14 AM

But the radio fans go positively ga-ga for that sappy shit. I mean, look at "Boulevard of Broken Dreams." It spent 16 weeks at #1

Woo hoo, #16. Now it has to beat All I Want's position at #13.

Rutegard
01-15-2009, 10:06 AM
Woo hoo, #16. Now it has to beat All I Want's position at #13.

:D fingers crossed for Kristy

RonWelty
01-15-2009, 10:56 AM
KIRSTY PLAYED IN A PORTUGUESE RADIO!!!! (tks Self-Esteem). As I predicted KRISTY will be a hit in EUROPE in this season (winter).

Let's wait for the video and you'll see them going so fuckin high. It happened with BOULEVARD OF BROKEN "SHIT" of GREEN "shit" DAY. It was this song that made them REALLY big in Europe.

Rutegard
01-15-2009, 10:59 AM
KIRSTY PLAYED IN A PORTUGUESE RADIO!!!! (tks Self-Esteem). As I predicted KRISTY will be a hit in EUROPE in this season (winter).

Let's wait for the video and you'll see them going so fuckin high. It happened with BOULEVARD OF BROKEN "SHIT" of GREEN "shit" DAY. It was this song that made them REALLY big in Europe.

which radio station?!?!

GUYS, this is HUGE!! really!!

RonWelty
01-15-2009, 11:01 AM
RADIO COMERCIAL! I told you KRISTY is the song to aim on EUROPE. Nobody listened....

Rutegard
01-15-2009, 11:02 AM
RADIO COMERCIAL! I told you KRISTY is the song to aim on EUROPE. Nobody listened....

radio comercial...cool...
is there anyway of writing back to them requesting more kristy? :)

findout5
01-15-2009, 11:20 AM
http://radiocomercial.clix.pt/equipa/feedback.aspx

RonWelty
01-15-2009, 11:21 AM
my mistake it was BEST ROCK. Sorry!

findout5
01-15-2009, 11:26 AM
Fuck that! lol
I requested it on that radio too! Here: http://bestrock.clix.pt/feedback/index.asp
At what time did it play?

Rutegard
01-15-2009, 11:33 AM
oh best rock...theofficial offspring portuguese radio station lol

findout5
01-15-2009, 11:39 AM
Wouldn't it be nice if ALL of us at the boards started requesting Kristy on all our national radios? Really pushing it. Even creating fake e-mail addresses just to build some bulk of mails...

Rutegard
01-15-2009, 11:42 AM
Wouldn't it be nice if ALL of us at the boards started requesting Kristy on all our national radios? Really pushing it. Even creating fake e-mail addresses just to build some bulk of mails...

let's give it a try :) kristy is not gonna go far without us...

RonWelty
01-15-2009, 11:44 AM
KRISTY has everything to be a hit. More than YGGFK because it would embrace EUROPE and US(more in Europe than US, I believe).
It has great melody.
It has "ohoho" back vocals.
It has xylophone.
It has a lot of sentiment.
And it is well designed.
So it has EVERYTHING TO BE HUGE.
And it could be INTERGALACTIC if they signed me up to do their videoclip. I have such a plot for this one.

Rutegard
01-15-2009, 11:49 AM
And it could be INTERGALACTIC ....

that is huge :)

and you already pointed out the reasons why this song is gonna be extremely, magnanimous sucssefull

cool 2 hate 681
01-17-2009, 12:31 PM
wow yggfk fell to no 5 on the billboard modern rock charts :(

Aion
01-17-2009, 03:00 PM
i'm listening to kroq...
kristy's song is on right now... 8)

rise_and_fall
01-20-2009, 06:34 AM
I heard Kristy on the radio in Sydney on Triple M, didn't think I ever would

bighead384
01-21-2009, 11:12 AM

Alright! It's at number 12! It moved up for spots and 120 plays. Very cool.

What this means is, if people didn't like this song, it would've definitely started to decline in chart position. RAFRAG officially has 3 songs that millions of people know. 3 successful singles. When's the last time that happened? Kinda wish it made the Mainstream Rock top 40 by now though. It must be at like 41 or something, because last time I checked it was close.

Rutegard
01-21-2009, 11:15 AM
wow number 12, that is exciting! thanks

Smash_Returns
01-21-2009, 07:46 PM
I thought it was like 16 on Mainstream Rock.

EDIT: Nevermind, its modern rock. I really thought it would be bigger on Mainstream, like Gone Away. But I guess the Modern Rock stations are playing more Offspring then Mainstream because of Hammerhead and YGGFK. Just give it a few weeks to catch on. The fact that its charted without ANY BAND PROMOTION is a pretty good indicator. (Thats what happened with YGGFK).

I must say though, The Offspring is pretty much failing at album promotion right now.

One big single, one HUGE single, and another emerging single, along with being released for half a year, and it hasn't even gone friggin gold yet.

randman21
01-21-2009, 08:05 PM
Well, ultimately, it's not up to the band to do most of the promotion, and of course promotion doesn't necessarily translate into sales. I think they (whoever "they" is)did a wonderful job on promoting the album before and immediately after its release, but I agree that it's nowhere near where it should be now. They must have a good reason for not releasing the Kristy video yet, but I don't see it rising much higher on the charts with it.

Omni
01-21-2009, 11:58 PM
What does this mean?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kristy,_Are_You_Doing_Okay%3F

They haven't updated it from #16 yet, but look at the date released. It was released on rock radios last month, but it says it won't be released on the Mainstream rock radio until February 10. So, it's close to #40 on the mainstream radios without even being officially "released" yet? Kind of like how Stuff is Messed Up is getting limited radio play? If so, thats pretty exciting, because it means the Mainstream rock radios are going to have a field day with it on February 10.

jacknife737
01-22-2009, 12:11 AM
I don't think it has been "formally released" yet, since Toronto's 102.1 The Edge haven't started to play it. I assume it's in a similar situation as Stuff Is Messed Up, it's just getting a lot more widespread early play, ie more then just KROQ.

bighead384
01-28-2009, 08:44 AM
Alright, it has finally cracked the top 40 Mainstream Rock Charts at number 39. On the Modern Rock charts, it dropped one spot to number 13, only because that new U2 song jumped right into the top 10 in its first week. It's not as bad as it sounds though, because it increased a very solid 32 plays from last week.

Omni
01-30-2009, 08:55 AM
Bah, that sucks. I guess it's understandable. The new U2 will probably reach #1, but let's hope this doesn't effect KAYDO's climb, since it's still increasing. And it hasn't even been "released" to the Mainstream Rock charts. I always thought it'd do better on the Mainstream, since Gone Away did and it kind of has that Gone Away mood to it.

Rutegard
02-04-2009, 03:55 AM
triple M radio station stopped asking about YGGFK, and now one have to rate kristy song instead :)

bighead384
02-04-2009, 09:57 AM
Kristy is up two spots to number 11 and has increased 84 plays. That's awesome progress. It's also at number 37 on the Mainstream rock charts.

Omni
02-04-2009, 10:04 AM
Fuck YES, son. Do we have any hope for it eventually reaching #1, or is #5 our best prediction?

bighead384
02-04-2009, 10:05 AM
Fuck YES, son. Do we have any hope for it eventually reaching #1, or is #5 our best prediction?

I think it will crack the top 5. It's hard to tell where it will go from there. It depends on how other songs on the chart do.

Kings Of Leon, Paramore, Seether, Apocalyptica, and YGGFK are all ahead of Kristy on the charts but they're falling fast.

Omni
02-04-2009, 10:17 AM
Well, let's see:

Sex on Fire has apparently began to slide down the charts. Second Chance is an awesome song, and good competition. The U2 Song that jumped straight to #10 - HOWEVER, Hammerhead debuted at #5, so this doesn't necessarily mean the U2 song will be #1 for a billion weeks. Disturbed's Indestructible. So far, those are the only song I'd see stopping it from being #1.

Rutegard
02-04-2009, 10:21 AM
is there anything we can do to make it number one? like some spirit sessions or something?

Outerspaceman21
02-04-2009, 10:58 AM
is there anything we can do to make it number one? like some spirit sessions or something?

Call your local radio station and fucking request it... alot...

From like payphones and shit

and use a different name a lot

and get you friends involved

and if they don't want to, they are not you friends... you can kill them...

Rutegard
02-04-2009, 12:55 PM

nice tips lol
i already submitted the kristy song to kroq offspring songs list...cause it wasnt there. hopefully we will get to request it tomorrow or so..

AllIn All It's Not So Bad
02-04-2009, 03:14 PM

how do you find out your local radio station's number?

Gayman
02-04-2009, 03:32 PM

No no! Pay them instead. Then they will do it :)

Outerspaceman21
02-04-2009, 03:38 PM
Internet... phonebook... the actual radio station.

Lot's a choices

Outerspaceman21
02-05-2009, 09:06 AM
UPDATE

Kristy, Are You Doing Okay? jumped up from #13 to #11 on the billboard modern rock chart. It's been on the list for 8 weeks already and looking to replace You're Gonna Go Far, Kid, which holding on in the 9th position after 11 weeks at #1, in the top ten.

Rutegard
02-05-2009, 09:35 AM
good news :) too bad for YGGFK, but hey, it couldnt hold for forever...

Outerspaceman21
02-05-2009, 12:19 PM
good news :) too bad for YGGFK, but hey, it couldnt hold for forever...

It was replaced by Sex on Fire by Kings of Leon, who just replaced by Shinedown's Second Chance.

Omni
02-05-2009, 12:22 PM
I did enjoy Sex on Fire, but I really like the song Second Chance. Imo, it deserves the #1 spot, and it should stay there for at least four weeks.

I think I like Second Chance better than I do K,AYDO.

randman21
02-05-2009, 02:05 PM
I don't like Second Chance. The chorus sounds like it should be the theme of Celebrity Rehab. I can say that it's a lot better than what I usually hear on the radio around here. It's tolerable. I really like Sex on Fire, for the record.

EDIT: Holy crap, I like Devour. I heard it on the radio once and thought it was Foo Fighters. So much energy.

Smash_Returns
02-05-2009, 06:54 PM
I personally feel that Devour is Shinedown's best.

I didn't really like Sex On Fire.

Rutegard
02-06-2009, 06:49 AM
wow what are we talking about here? those songs are crap! .:P

cool 2 hate 681
02-06-2009, 07:02 PM
kristy was no 3 on the kroq furious 5 @ 9

1.Iglu & Hartly "In This City"

2.Kings of Leon "Use Somebody"

3.The Offspring "Kristy, Are You Doing Okay?"

4.Weezer"The Greatest Man That Ever Lived"

5.U2 "Get On Your Boots"

also i think they are giving away a snowboard signed by some bands including offspring :confused:

http://www.kroq-data.com/kroqnow/images/F1-bandsnowboard09.jpg

Ill.be.waiting.
02-06-2009, 07:06 PM
kristy was no 3 on the kroq furious 5 @ 9

1.Iglu & Hartly "In This City"

2.Kings of Leon "Use Somebody"

3.The Offspring "Kristy, Are You Doing Okay?"

4.Weezer"The Greatest Man That Ever Lived"

5.U2 "Get On Your Boots"

also i think they are giving away a snowboard signed by some bands including offspring :confused:

http://www.kroq-data.com/kroqnow/images/F1-bandsnowboard09.jpg

OMG! I don't do snowboard but i'd kill to have that xD haha
kristy is doing okaay i think :P really proud

Greekoldfan
02-10-2009, 04:10 PM
kristy is no8 on mtv greece rock chart

Outerspaceman21
02-10-2009, 05:16 PM
It's slowly gaining on the Billboard charts. I don't know if it will have enough momentum to get to number 1. Maybe the top five.

Ninty Man
02-11-2009, 11:08 AM
It's slowly gaining on the Billboard charts. I don't know if it will have enough momentum to get to number 1. Maybe the top five.

MMM hope they can put it on nombre one, that would be good for the album I guess..

Omni
02-11-2009, 03:04 PM
What's it's position, then? Wikipedia doesn't have it listed right now.

IamSam
02-11-2009, 03:23 PM
#11 on the Billboard Hot Modern Rock Tracks

Outerspaceman21
02-11-2009, 03:28 PM
#11 on the Billboard Hot Modern Rock Tracks

It will update tomorrow. I would anticipate that it will move up.

Rutegard
02-12-2009, 04:58 AM
It will update tomorrow. I would anticipate that it will move up.

any news about this one?

Jesus
02-12-2009, 05:32 AM
same position at 11, yggfk at number 10

bighead384
02-12-2009, 09:27 AM
That sucks how another Offspring song is keeping it from being a "top ten hit". Unfortunatley, it looks like that Killers song is going to pass it next week, so it might still be at number 11. Oh well, as long as it's still increasing in plays, it'll probably end up in the top ten at some point.

Source: http://www.radioandrecords.com/Formats/Charts/Alt_Chart.asp

Rutegard
02-12-2009, 09:43 AM
same position at 11, yggfk at number 10

that is good nonetheless!

Smash_Returns
02-12-2009, 12:02 PM
i don't think it'll hit #1, unless it starts doing better on mainstream. However, it'll probably make it to the top 5.

Outerspaceman21
02-12-2009, 01:06 PM
i don't think it'll hit #1, unless it starts doing better on mainstream. However, it'll probably make it to the top 5.

It just needs a little boast from the radio and it can go up.

bighead384
02-18-2009, 04:10 PM
It's up 4 spots and 48 plays to number 7 on the Modern Rock chart! But it for some reason dropped two spots to number 39 on the Mainstream Rock chart. Getting to number 7 is awesome though. When you that far inside the top 10, even the stations that weren't too crazy about the song have to start giving it some spins.

It's official: Kristy was a great pick for the third single. I totally approve of the singles they've released for the first time since Americana. Now if only they'd release Stuff Is Messed Up, it would be perfect. For some reason, I think it's cool when an album has singles throughout the album, rather than just three or four of them consecutively in the middle of the album.

Omni
02-18-2009, 05:40 PM
Gotta Get Away, The Kids Aren't Alright, and Head Around You all peaked at #6. So for K,AYDO's success to be nearly matching those songs pretty much makes it a classic, now.

Pranksta
02-18-2009, 06:31 PM
It's up 4 spots and 48 plays to number 7 on the Modern Rock chart! But it for some reason dropped two spots to number 39 on the Mainstream Rock chart. Getting to number 7 is awesome though. When you that far inside the top 10, even the stations that weren't too crazy about the song have to start giving it some spins.

Where are you getting this? It's still at 11..
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/charts/chart_display.jsp?JSESSIONID=DggTJcDDGq1xhgGQWqyQL M9CRDs0HjQqQcyLfnLFj9xd8Ln9TLQg!-2014998950&f=Hot+Modern+Rock+Tracks&pageNumber=Top+11-20&g=Singles